PDA

View Full Version : NFL/Cowboys Schedule

HoustonFrog
04-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Just wanted to put this here since there is alot of hate but also some of us...Star, myself and WWJD...with love. I think this sets up tough for Dallas. Besides the Giants, Eagles and Washington being 6 tough games you get some tough tests from Carolina, Denver, Atlanta, GB and San Diego. And AGAIN, Romo must prove himself in December/Jan because it is BRUTAL with at Giants, SD, at New Orleans, at Washington and ending with Philly. As I said in the Texans prediction thread, you never know who is going to be in the tank and who is going to rise up but as is this is a tough road to 10 or more wins.

Sun., Sept. 13: @ Tampa Bay (FOX), Noon

Sun., Sept. 20: NEW YORK GIANTS (NBC), 7:15 p.m.

Mon., Sept. 28: CAROLINA (ESPN), 7:30 p.m.

Sun., Oct. 4: @ Denver (FOX), 3:15 p.m.

Sun., Oct. 11: @ Kansas City (FOX), Noon

Sun., Oct. 18: BYE

Sun., Oct. 25 ATLANTA (FOX), 3:15 p.m.

Sun., Nov. 1: SEATTLE (FOX), Noon

Sun., Nov. 8: @ Philadelphia (NBC), 7:15 p.m.

Sun., Nov. 15: @ Green Bay (FOX), 3:15 p.m.

Sun., Nov. 22: WASHINGTON (FOX), Noon*

Thurs., Nov. 26: OAKLAND (CBS), 3:15 p.m.

Sun., Dec. 6: @ New York Giants (Fox), 3:15 p.m.*

Sun., Dec. 13: SAN DIEGO (CBS), 3:15 p.m.*

Sat., Dec. 19: @ New Orleans (NFLN), 7:15 p.m.

Sun., Dec. 27: @ Washington (NBC), 7:15 p.m.

Sun., Jan. 3: PHILADELPHIA (FOX), Noon*

*Game times and broadcasts subject to change.

WWJD
04-15-2009, 08:23 AM
They have already said they are going to be more run oriented this year but it will all come down to Romo's play. As usual. Will be interesting!

hobie
04-15-2009, 08:49 AM
They have already said they are going to be more run oriented this year but it will all come down to Romo's play. As usual. Will be interesting!

Well the NFC East teams are great at stopping the run...so they better hope Romo is up for that challenge !!

SheTexan
04-15-2009, 08:51 AM
I am certain of one thing. The scheduler's for the NFL LOVE the Dallas Cowboys!!

HoustonFrog
04-15-2009, 08:57 AM
I am certain of one thing. The scheduler's for the NFL LOVE the Dallas Cowboys!!

Is that due to "primetime" slots?..lol. The schedule overall though sets up tough in December on the road...their achilles.

Texan_Bill
04-15-2009, 09:10 AM
Cheese and rice man!! Who did Jerrah blow??

Thank God, the Cowpatties will suck this year.

drewmar74
04-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Sun., Sept. 13: @ Tampa Bay (FOX), Noon - W
Sun., Sept. 20: NEW YORK GIANTS (NBC), 7:15 p.m. - L
Mon., Sept. 28: CAROLINA (ESPN), 7:30 p.m. - W
Sun., Oct. 4: @ Denver (FOX), 3:15 p.m. - W
Sun., Oct. 11: @ Kansas City (FOX), Noon - W
Sun., Oct. 25 ATLANTA (FOX), 3:15 p.m. - L
Sun., Nov. 1: SEATTLE (FOX), Noon - W
Sun., Nov. 8: @ Philadelphia (NBC), 7:15 p.m. - L
Sun., Nov. 15: @ Green Bay (FOX), 3:15 p.m. - L
Sun., Nov. 22: WASHINGTON (FOX), Noon* - W
Thurs., Nov. 26: OAKLAND (CBS), 3:15 p.m. - W
Sun., Dec. 6: @ New York Giants (Fox), 3:15 p.m.* - L
Sun., Dec. 13: SAN DIEGO (CBS), 3:15 p.m.* - L
Sat., Dec. 19: @ New Orleans (NFLN), 7:15 p.m. - L
Sun., Dec. 27: @ Washington (NBC), 7:15 p.m. - L
Sun., Jan. 3: PHILADELPHIA (FOX), Noon* - L

I'd call it 7-9. Maybe 9-7 at the high end.

HoustonFrog
04-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Sun., Sept. 20: NEW YORK GIANTS (NBC), 7:15 p.m. - L
Sun., Oct. 25 ATLANTA (FOX), 3:15 p.m. - L
Sun., Nov. 8: @ Philadelphia (NBC), 7:15 p.m. - L
Sun., Nov. 15: @ Green Bay (FOX), 3:15 p.m. - L
Sun., Nov. 22: WASHINGTON (FOX), Noon* - W
Sun., Dec. 13: SAN DIEGO (CBS), 3:15 p.m.* - L
Sat., Dec. 19: @ New Orleans (NFLN), 7:15 p.m. - L
Sun., Jan. 3: PHILADELPHIA (FOX), Noon* - L

I'd call it 7-9. Maybe 9-7 at the high end.

This is funny because a guy in the DMN had them 8-8 after a 8-3 start and had them losing the last 5 too

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/04/cowboys-finish-8-8.html

drewmar74
04-15-2009, 09:59 AM
This is funny because a guy in the DMN had them 8-8 after a 8-3 start and had them losing the last 5 too

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/04/cowboys-finish-8-8.html

Really? Maybe I missed my calling in life!

(of course, if you saw how far off most of my schedule predictions end up being, you might beg to differ)

HOU-TEX
04-15-2009, 10:04 AM
3 of the last five on the road + dallas typically stinks in December = Not a good scenerio for the girls = :)

Texecutioner
04-15-2009, 10:29 AM

They should be more run oriented for sure.

I don't think this added pressure on Romo is fair though. All I hear from everyone is all about how this is a make or break year for Romo and how he has to do this and that, and I hardly hear anything about the rest of the Cowboys team and what they have to prove. The last two playoff losses are all on ROmo and he gets all of the blame when the entire Cowboys didn't play so well in both games, but once again it all gets put on Romo. There have been a lot more problems on the Cowboys team that were worse problems than anything Romo has caused. The fans and the media keep expecting this guy to be some wonder QB that can do no wrong, but he is one of the better QB's in the league and the Cowboys should be glad to have the guy if you ask me. They need to put more pressure on the entire team, stop putting it all on Romo.

And I'm not saying that you are specidifcally WWJD.

HoustonFrog
04-15-2009, 10:43 AM
They should be more run oriented for sure.

I don't think this added pressure on Romo is fair though. All I hear from everyone is all about how this is a make or break year for Romo and how he has to do this and that, and I hardly hear anything about the rest of the Cowboys team and what they have to prove. The last two playoff losses are all on ROmo and he gets all of the blame when the entire Cowboys didn't play so well in both games, but once again it all gets put on Romo. There have been a lot more problems on the Cowboys team that were worse problems than anything Romo has caused. The fans and the media keep expecting this guy to be some wonder QB that can do no wrong, but he is one of the better QB's in the league and the Cowboys should be glad to have the guy if you ask me. They need to put more pressure on the entire team, stop putting it all on Romo.

And I'm not saying that you are specidifcally WWJD.

I rag the guy more for his demeanor and comments. He seems a little mopey during games when it is going bad and a little easygoing and philosophical after losses. I want him to take the losses hard and to really take it upon himself to lead. Whether he likes it or not,,that is what QBs do. Besides that you are right though. What many failed to see last year was that he was getting pounded because the O-line was overrated and horrible. The playcalling wasn't helping the situation much either. But he also made some mistakes against Baltimore that changed momentum. You don't want to take away his playmaking but you have to have him maybe throw a ball or two away instead of playing chunk it deep and see what happens. Guys like Ed Reed make you pay. Roy W is going to have to step up as a #1 too. Also, on D, they were way too inconsistent last year and really didn't show their true mettle until games 10-14. Then they stunk against Baltimore and Philly. So the secondary needs to be healthy.

But he really needs to play well in that December stretch..as does the team. As I said, 10 wins will be tough and more would be icing. I'm just waiting to see the demeanor coming out and what they do with 11 picks in the draft.

WWJD
04-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Uh...let me see if I can explain what I hope to see from Tony...

First of all I think the guy has far exceeded what I orginally thought of him...really I thought he would always be the guy carrying the clipboard and I kind of thought that Henson would be the guy. Well that didn't work out....

I love the way Tony plays...the Favre in him is really fun to watch...BUT he makes far too many mistakes..mistakes that are game changing...he HAS to learn to take better care of the turnovers.

He himself has said that he knows he needs to change some things and he will.

We will see.

Really I truthfully believe the season is on his shoulders. I don't think the guy is a problem in any way, shape, form or fashion teammate wise. He's one of the really good guys.

So we will agree to disagree...I think it begins and ends with Tony as far as the team goes....he's THE guy on the team right or wrong. We'll see how it all plays out.

Drew_Smoke
04-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Sun, Sept 13 @ Tampa Bay (FOX) Noon - W Tampa will need to grow a bit.

Sun, Sept 20 NEW YORK GIANTS (NBC) 7:15 PM L - Smacked around in their home debut

Mon, Sept 28 CAROLINA (ESPN) 7:30 PM L- Panthers will be focused

Sun, Oct 4 @ Denver (FOX) 3:15 PM - W- Coach Josh is in way over his head

Sun, Oct 11 @ Kansas City (FOX) Noon- W See Tampa

Sun Oct 25 ATLANTA (FOX) 3:15 PM - L- Good game but Falcons win at home

Sun, Nov 1 SEATTLE (FOX) NOON - W - Pull it out at home

Sun, Nov 8 @ Philadelphia (NBC) 7:15 PM- L- The better team wins

Sun, Nov 15 @ Green Bay (FOX) 3:15 PM - L Green should be better

Sun, Nov 22 WASHINGTON (FOX) NOON - W - Though the skins play them tough

Thurs, Nov 26 OAKLAND (CBS) 3:15 PM W- Oakland is a mess

Sun, Dec 6 @ New York Giants (FOX) 3:15 PM - L - Swept

Sun, Dec 13 SAN DIEGO (CBS) 3:15 PM - L- Smacked out west

Sat, Dec 19 @ New Orleans (NFLN) 7:15 PM - L- Punked by Coach P

Sun, Dec 27 @ Washington (NBC) 7:15 PM- L- Skins dash slight playoff hopes

Sun, Jan 3 PHILADELPHIA (FOX) NOON - W- Philly rests starters for playoffs..Kolb throws two TDs

7-9 is my prediction

Specnatz
04-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Just wanted to put this here since there is alot of hate but also some of us...Star, myself and WWJD...with love. I think this sets up tough for Dallas. Besides the Giants, Eagles and Washington being 6 tough games you get some tough tests from Carolina, Denver, Atlanta, GB and San Diego. And AGAIN, Romo must prove himself in December/Jan because it is BRUTAL with at Giants, SD, at New Orleans, at Washington and ending with Philly. As I said in the Texans prediction thread, you never know who is going to be in the tank and who is going to rise up but as is this is a tough road to 10 or more wins.

Sun., Sept. 20: NEW YORK GIANTS (NBC), 7:15 p.m.

Sun., Nov. 8: @ Philadelphia (NBC), 7:15 p.m.

Sun., Nov. 22: WASHINGTON (FOX), Noon*

Sun., Dec. 6: @ New York Giants (Fox), 3:15 p.m.*

Sun., Dec. 27: @ Washington (NBC), 7:15 p.m.

Sun., Jan. 3: PHILADELPHIA (FOX), Noon*

*Game times and broadcasts subject to change.

Someone forgot to put an Astrix on this Sunday game as well, because if the cowgirls suck or there is a better game with more playoff implications then this game is subject to change as well. Of course heaven forbid they get knocked out of a prime-time slot.

StarStruck
04-15-2009, 12:04 PM
The schedule is brutal for travel as well. Tentatively I'm in for 9/20 (don't know whether to go to work dead tired or take a personal leave day), 11/22, 11/26 and 1/3. Hopefully I get a good return on Ebay.

Texecutioner
04-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Uh...let me see if I can explain what I hope to see from Tony...

First of all I think the guy has far exceeded what I orginally thought of him...really I thought he would always be the guy carrying the clipboard and I kind of thought that Henson would be the guy. Well that didn't work out....

I love the way Tony plays...the Favre in him is really fun to watch...BUT he makes far too many mistakes..mistakes that are game changing...he HAS to learn to take better care of the turnovers.

He himself has said that he knows he needs to change some things and he will.

We will see.

Really I truthfully believe the season is on his shoulders. I don't think the guy is a problem in any way, shape, form or fashion teammate wise. He's one of the really good guys.

So we will agree to disagree...I think it begins and ends with Tony as far as the team goes....he's THE guy on the team right or wrong. We'll see how it all plays out.

HOw is it all on Romo though, when he was on one of the best players on the team last season and many guys played lower than what they were expected to do. TO did, many offensive line members did, the CB's did, the safties did as well.

I mean hell, can Newman stay healthy and return to being a really good CB or is he just going to continue to ***** and act like he doesn't need to improve?

Is the Oline going to be like the O line we saw from two years ago and the beginning of last season or is it going to be terrible again?

Are the WR's like Austin, Hurd, and Crayton going to show up and play well? And especially is that over rated lazy ass Roy Williams going to actually become a play maker for you guys or is he just going to continue to be an excuse maker for why he's pretty much been a 1st round bust?

I think all of those are a lot of strong questions and concerns for the Cowboys going into this season and are even more of a concern than what Romo will do. Romo is a very good QB, but he isn't going to be making tons of plays if his O line is awful or if his WR's aren't catching balls and getting open. The Cowboys secondary is going to need to play a whole lot better to keep their defense a lot more consistent.

I don't see how this all starts and ends with Romo considering all of this. He's one of the bright spots on the team. The team needs to stop expecting Romo to be so flawless and start making it easier for him and playing like a good enough team to where when he does makes mistakes, they can overcome those mistakes like great teams do.

hobie
04-15-2009, 12:44 PM

Well they do have the most primetime slots, but the Giants have 5, so I cannot complain for my NFC team !! Plus watchng them beat Dallas in one of their slots is worth it. Now the 6 games they have on TV, if you want to look at the positive, are against difficult teams, so you have the chance to watch them lose 6 times on a grand stage!!

Texan_Bill
04-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Well they do have the most primetime slots, but the Giants have 5, so I cannot complain for my NFC team !! Plus watchng them beat Dallas in one of their slots is worth it. Now the 6 games they have on TV, if you want to look at the positive, are against difficult teams, so you have the chance to watch them lose 6 times on a grand stage!!

I dunno if Gma was referring to the primetime games, or how easy their schedule is (other than their divisional games).

StarStruck
04-15-2009, 01:07 PM
I dunno if Gma was referring to the primetime games, or how easy their schedule is (other than their divisional games).

What's easy about that schedule?

Texan_Bill
04-15-2009, 01:12 PM
What's easy about that schedule?

WWJD
04-15-2009, 01:19 PM
HOw is it all on Romo though, when he was on one of the best players on the team last season and many guys played lower than what they were expected to do. TO did, many offensive line members did, the CB's did, the safties did as well.

I mean hell, can Newman stay healthy and return to being a really good CB or is he just going to continue to ***** and act like he doesn't need to improve?

Is the Oline going to be like the O line we saw from two years ago and the beginning of last season or is it going to be terrible again?

Are the WR's like Austin, Hurd, and Crayton going to show up and play well? And especially is that over rated lazy ass Roy Williams going to actually become a play maker for you guys or is he just going to continue to be an excuse maker for why he's pretty much been a 1st round bust?

I think all of those are a lot of strong questions and concerns for the Cowboys going into this season and are even more of a concern than what Romo will do. Romo is a very good QB, but he isn't going to be making tons of plays if his O line is awful or if his WR's aren't catching balls and getting open. The Cowboys secondary is going to need to play a whole lot better to keep their defense a lot more consistent.

I don't see how this all starts and ends with Romo considering all of this. He's one of the bright spots on the team. The team needs to stop expecting Romo to be so flawless and start making it easier for him and playing like a good enough team to where when he does makes mistakes, they can overcome those mistakes like great teams do.

Because Romo is the QB..the focal point of the team...the "leader" if you will...they get praised too much if the team does well and bashed too much if they do poorly. He needs to step it up. They all do.

HoustonFrog
04-15-2009, 01:21 PM

Bolded are all tough games against teams that could be in the playoffs. Seattle with a healthy QB, etc I'm including. Denver and KC aren't talentless either. Their strength of schedule is 11th so it isn't just scrubs. You can't just discount the division games either.

Texecutioner
04-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Because Romo is the QB..the focal point of the team...the "leader" if you will...they get praised too much if the team does well and bashed too much if they do poorly. He needs to step it up. They all do.

Well that is true, but I've noticed for quite some time now that Romo gets bashed or criticized for his errors or mistakes more than any other QB in the league in my opinion. I'm not sure if it's just because he plays for the COwboys or if it's because of the stupid Jessica Simpson thing, but he seems to have to carry a stronger burden on his shoulders more than any other QB in my opinion as far as scrutiny.

TEXANRED
04-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Sun., Sept. 20: NEW YORK GIANTS (NBC), 7:15 p.m. - w <---- new stadium home opener
Sun., Oct. 25 ATLANTA (FOX), 3:15 p.m. - w
Sun., Nov. 8: @ Philadelphia (NBC), 7:15 p.m. - w
Sun., Nov. 15: @ Green Bay (FOX), 3:15 p.m. - w
Sun., Nov. 22: WASHINGTON (FOX), Noon* - w
Sun., Dec. 13: SAN DIEGO (CBS), 3:15 p.m.* - w
Sat., Dec. 19: @ New Orleans (NFLN), 7:15 p.m. - w
Sun., Jan. 3: PHILADELPHIA (FOX), Noon* - w

I hate the girls but they got a pretty lite schedule.

This will be the year that we get an all Texas SB. With Dallas getting crushed of course.

WWJD
04-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Well that is true, but I've noticed for quite some time now that Romo gets bashed or criticized for his errors or mistakes more than any other QB in the league in my opinion. I'm not sure if it's just because he plays for the COwboys or if it's because of the stupid Jessica Simpson thing, but he seems to have to carry a stronger burden on his shoulders more than any other QB in my opinion as far as scrutiny.

It's because he plays for the Cowboys..Aikman said something about it not so long ago. Everything he does is under the microscope. That isn't changing!

Texan_Bill
04-15-2009, 01:45 PM

Maybe it's because of Seattle? Maybe it's because one or all of his choke jobs? Maybe (and unfairly) because of TO? Maybe the little junket to Mexico - during the season??

HoustonFrog
04-15-2009, 01:49 PM
I hate the girls but they got a pretty lite schedule.

This will be the year that we get an all Texas SB. With Dallas getting crushed of course.

Again, how are those opponents, including one of, if not the toughest division considered easy?They strength is 11th. The Texans is 15th. So it isn't like anyone is getting off like Chicago and others are.

Texan_Bill
04-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Bolded are all tough games against teams that could be in the playoffs. Seattle with a healthy QB, etc I'm including. Denver and KC aren't talentless either. Their strength of schedule is 11th so it isn't just scrubs. You can't just discount the division games either.

Mon., Sept. 28: CAROLINA (ESPN), 7:30 p.m. Jake Delhomey is done and its a home game.

Sun., Oct. 4: @ Denver (FOX), 3:15 p.m. New coach. Same problems.

Sun., Oct. 11: @ Kansas City (FOX), Noon Will improve but still suck

Sun., Oct. 18: BYE Better win this

Sun., Oct. 25 ATLANTA (FOX), 3:15 p.m. At home and Matt Ryan comes back to Earth

Sun., Nov. 1: SEATTLE (FOX), Noon New Coach same suckage as last season

Sun., Nov. 15: @ Green Bay (FOX), 3:15 p.m. GB should be improved, I could see this going either way

Thurs., Nov. 26: OAKLAND (CBS), 3:15 p.m. Snore

Sun., Dec. 13: SAN DIEGO (CBS), 3:15 p.m.* Playoff team..... by the skin of their teeth with an 8-8 record

Sat., Dec. 19: @ New Orleans (NFLN), 7:15 p.m. Another dissapointing season in store for the saints

I wasn't discounting the divisional games at all. I think everyone of them will be tough.

SheTexan
04-15-2009, 02:15 PM

I was referring to their primetime games! We can make fun of JJ all we want, but, the man gets what he wants. How he goes about doing that might need to be investigated. j/k

I don't think any schedule is easy! To many teams that sucked the year before can make a huge comeback the following year. Ex: Chargers, Miami, Titans, ARIZ! You never know! That's why I sit here laughing at all our Texan fans who think we're gonna kick ass this year because of our schedule. Any team on our schedule can be the next "Ariz" and go to the big show. It might be the Texans, it might be the Rams!! I NEVER count any team out of the picture at this time of year.

The Cowboys have some very devoted fans, and some of them work for the NFL, AND the media!!

Dread-Head
04-15-2009, 02:38 PM

What else is new? Soultrain Scramble Board anyone? Duck Fallas!

Texecutioner
04-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Maybe it's because of Seattle? Maybe it's because one or all of his choke jobs? Maybe (and unfairly) because of TO? Maybe the little junket to Mexico - during the season??

I could make a list like that for a ton of QB's though.

That Mexico trip was absolutely nothing and was a complete media hype story because even until this day they still don't mention how Witten was there as well. When teams have a bye like Dallas did and have a week off players go on small vacations all of the time and it never gets talked about. The only reason that story got talked about is because Jessica was involved. And I actually don't see how going to Mexico for a few days was so bad, because a guy could get away from the media for a few days and relax as opposed to being in the city and constantly being asked about the up coming game and questions about the team.

TEXANRED
04-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Again, how are those opponents, including one of, if not the toughest division considered easy?They strength is 11th. The Texans is 15th. So it isn't like anyone is getting off like Chicago and others are.

You are playing the NFC south and the AFC west. I wouldn't say the either one of those schedules are tough.

Not like the Texans having to play the AFC east.

toronto
04-15-2009, 03:00 PM
It nauseates me to no end that a non-playoff team got 3 NBC games, more primetime games than many division winners etc.

I'm so sick of the love affair that the networks give Dallas - count me as one of many that is praying that the Cowboys suck complete ass this year.

HoustonFrog
04-15-2009, 03:03 PM
You are playing the NFC south and the AFC west. I wouldn't say the either one of those schedules are tough.

Not like the Texans having to play the AFC east.

The Texans play the worst division in football in the NFC West. Again, the Cowboys strength of schedule is 11 on winning percentages from last year. The Texans 15th. It's just by the numbers. Plus the Texans divisions has gone downward...Colts older and fading, who knows on J'Ville.. while the NFC East is still top to bottom a top division. The Texans division isn't cake but not like it once was. In reailty though I'm not comparing the two from a fans standpoint, I'm just looking at how they finish and who has the chance to be better on their schedule, etc. You can laugh at Oakland but their D is tough and they handled the Texans late. So you never know who will jump up..like Atlanta last year. Again, Dallas ending with 3 of the December games on the road and 3 against division opponents is far from cake and a gimme. Its why they rate them by last years percentages.

WWJD
04-15-2009, 03:08 PM
It nauseates me to no end that a non-playoff team got 3 NBC games, more primetime games than many division winners etc.

I'm so sick of the love affair that the networks give Dallas - count me as one of many that is praying that the Cowboys suck complete ass this year.

Cowboys=ratings=money.

Simple.

TEXANRED
04-15-2009, 03:09 PM
The Texans play the worst division in football in the NFC West. Again, the Cowboys strength of schedule is 11 on winning percentages from last year. The Texans 15th. It's just by the numbers. Plus the Texans divisions has gone downward...Colts older and fading, who knows on J'Ville.. while the NFC East is still top to bottom a top division. The Texans division isn't cake but not like it once was. In reailty though I'm not comparing the two from a fans standpoint, I'm just looking at how they finish and who has the chance to be better on their schedule, etc. You can laugh at Oakland but their D is tough and they handled the Texans late. So you never know who will jump up..like Atlanta last year.

I think both the Texans and Cowboys have favorable schedules.

Unlike next year when the AFC South plays the NFC East.

toronto
04-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Cowboys=ratings=money.

Simple.

As someone that works in TV, believe me, I know the concept and I understand it. Doesn't mean my hate of that POS team doesn't grow by the day.

JCTexan
04-15-2009, 03:25 PM
I was referring to their primetime games! We can make fun of JJ all we want, but, the man gets what he wants. How he goes about doing that might need to be investigated. j/k

I don't think any schedule is easy! To many teams that sucked the year before can make a huge comeback the following year. Ex: Chargers, Miami, Titans, ARIZ! You never know! That's why I sit here laughing at all our Texan fans who think we're gonna kick ass this year because of our schedule. Any team on our schedule can be the next "Ariz" and go to the big show. It might be the Texans, it might be the Rams!! I NEVER count any team out of the picture at this time of year.

The Cowboys have some very devoted fans, and some of them work for the NFL, AND the media!!

I think people around here are just happy we don't have the same schedule as last year. The Texans first four games were against playoff teams from the year before, & they started off 0-4. I don't like that you have Arizona as an example. They went 9-7 last year in one of the weakest divisions in football, they went 6-0 inside their division. Now their playoff run was cool, but they wouldn't have been in the playoffs if they were in any other division.

Texan_Bill
04-15-2009, 03:29 PM
I could make a list like that for a ton of QB's though.

That Mexico trip was absolutely nothing and was a complete media hype story because even until this day they still don't mention how Witten was there as well. When teams have a bye like Dallas did and have a week off players go on small vacations all of the time and it never gets talked about. The only reason that story got talked about is because Jessica was involved. And I actually don't see how going to Mexico for a few days was so bad, because a guy could get away from the media for a few days and relax as opposed to being in the city and constantly being asked about the up coming game and questions about the team.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong.

Maybe it's because the Cowboys and some of their fans come across as arrogant and therefore they recieve more criticism whey they fail.

HoustonFrog
04-15-2009, 03:35 PM
I think both the Texans and Cowboys have favorable schedules.

Unlike next year when the AFC South plays the NFC East.

Both could be favorable depending if some of the teams on both come back down to earth and some of the regular bad teams or teams that have faded don't make the jump. But the NFL is so unpredictable these days I hate to guess. That is why I avoid predictions.:)

HOU-TEX
04-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Both could be favorable depending if some of the teams on both come back down to earth and some of the regular bad teams or teams that have faded don't make the jump. But the NFL is so unpredictable these days I hate to guess. That is why I avoid predictions.:)

Agreed. I don't do predictions either for this reason. Heck, look at the Falcons and Dolphins. For all we know the Lions and Rams will be in the playoffs this season. :)