PDA

View Full Version : You know why there is a hole at the top of the new Texas Stadium?

marv800
04-14-2009, 08:38 PM
So God can laugh at Tony Romo too!

http://www.delawareonline.com/blogs/uploaded_images/capt.sea12501070450.aptopix_cowboys_seahawks_footb all_sea125-738211.jpg
http://blogs.tampabay.com/juice/images/2007/10/31/romo.jpg

Texan4Ever
04-14-2009, 08:44 PM
:spit:

spurstexanstros
04-14-2009, 08:51 PM
"For me to poop on!!!" -God

(may have been borrowed from Triumph the insult comic dog)

Hervoyel
04-14-2009, 08:59 PM
As much as this one costs they have no excuse not to put the tank and seat on it.

Kaiser Toro
04-14-2009, 09:26 PM
God's toilet

CloakNNNdagger
04-14-2009, 09:50 PM
God's toilet

Much more ergonomically comfort friendly than the old version...........expect G-d to take advantage of the facilities often...........usually on Sundays.:texflag:

http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2007/11/29/coyboys-stadium_54.jpg

Kaiser Toro
04-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Much more ergonomically comfort friendly than the old version...........expect G-d to take advantage of the facilities often...........usually on Sundays.:texflag:

Yeah I agree. I like that toilet paper dispenser on the left.

WWJD
04-15-2009, 09:29 AM
The stadium is beautiful. I have to hand it to Jerry on that.

Getting inaugurated the right way too...George Strait concert.

HOU-TEX
04-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Looks like a giant computer mouse. :specnatz:

drewmar74
04-15-2009, 11:28 AM

:spit:

Texan_Bill
04-15-2009, 12:43 PM

A waaaaaaaay over-priced computer mouse. :worm:

StarStruck
04-15-2009, 01:14 PM
The stadium is beautiful. I have to hand it to Jerry on that.

Getting inaugurated the right way too...George Strait concert.

Absolutely! The Jonas Brothers will be performing there in either July or Augest and U2 in October as well. I was surprised that the Jonas Brothers will be in Toyota Center in Houston, yet at the Stadium in Arlington.

Goldensilence
04-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Absolutely! The Jonas Brothers will be performing there in either July or Augest and U2 in October as well. I was surprised that the Jonas Brothers will be in Toyota Center in Houston, yet at the Stadium in Arlington.

umm dude not to hose you or anything U2 i can understand. But....keeping track of Jonas brother concerts?

:user:

Texecutioner
04-15-2009, 01:17 PM
As much as this one costs they have no excuse not to put the tank and seat on it.

Is there any way, someone could build a giant plunger and put it right next to the stadium?

nunusguy
04-15-2009, 01:38 PM
I guess the question as to who's got the bragging rights to the new stadium up there must be fast and furious between Dallas and FTW/Arlington ?
I know there's always been a lot of competition between Dallas & FTW.

hobie
04-15-2009, 01:48 PM
A waaaaaaaay over-priced computer mouse. :worm:

Seems like JJ or Steinbrenner? were in competition to see who could spend the most on a stadium...both over 1.3 billion, are you kidding me?!!

StarStruck
04-15-2009, 01:51 PM
umm dude not to hose you or anything U2 i can understand. But....keeping track of Jonas brother concerts?

I'm not in line for tickets to see the Jonas Brothers and was really surprised when they were the featured entainers at the half-time show last Thanksgiving given the age group that they appeal to. What I find interesting is a sell-out at Toyota is roughly 16K, while Cowboys Stadium for a concert would be probably quadruple that number. I am mainly curious about the number of tickets that will be sold in Dallas in comparison to Houston and why.

Texan_Bill
04-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Seems like JJ or Steinbrenner? were in competition to see who could spend the most on a stadium...both over 1.3 billion, are you kidding me?!!

In Steinbrenner's defense (I can't believe I am defending him), construction costs in the Northeast are way higher than they are here in Texas.

Texan_Bill
04-15-2009, 01:59 PM

Could that tell us something about the differences in musical tastes between the two cities?? :thinking:

Other than the 40+ shows put on by Rodeo, Metallica and the Stones have played Reliant.

spurstexanstros
04-15-2009, 02:03 PM
In Steinbrenner's defense (I can't believe I am defending him), construction costs in the Northeast are way higher than they are here in Texas.

Can you say Unions...triples the cost of labor.

Texan_Bill
04-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Can you say Unions...triples the cost of labor.

You're preaching to the choir... Don't even get me started.

WWJD
04-15-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm not in line for tickets to see the Jonas Brothers and was really surprised when they were the featured entainers at the half-time show last Thanksgiving given the age group that they appeal to. What I find interesting is a sell-out at Toyota is roughly 16K, while Cowboys Stadium for a concert would be probably quadruple that number. I am mainly curious about the number of tickets that will be sold in Dallas in comparison to Houston and why.

LOL at the "dude" comment....

Aren't the Jonas Bros. the "male" version of Miley Cyrus?

They live up there...just bought a mansion somewhere in the Metroplex...maybe they have alot of friends they are inviting!

HoustonFrog
04-15-2009, 02:23 PM
I guess the question as to who's got the bragging rights to the new stadium up there must be fast and furious between Dallas and FTW/Arlington ?
I know there's always been a lot of competition between Dallas & FTW.

Not really!Those of us from Ft. Worth know we have a prettier city, friendlier people and most of the money is real old money.:)

Texecutioner
04-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Not really!Those of us from Ft. Worth know we have a prettier city, friendlier people and most of the money is real old money.:)

I'm not sure that anyone other than your typical Dallas snob would argue with that. I prefer Fort Worth folks over Dallas folks any day of the week.

steelbtexan
04-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Off topic

Why are most of the Union Labor states having financial difficulties?

LOL

TEXANRED
04-15-2009, 02:37 PM

It looks like it has something getting shoved into its backside.

What is that?

HOU-TEX
04-15-2009, 02:40 PM

What is that?

I reckon it's an area for a retractable field? :thinking:

Texan_Bill
04-15-2009, 02:41 PM

What is that?

Cornholed??

nunusguy
04-15-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm not sure that anyone other than your typical Dallas snob would argue with that. I prefer Fort Worth folks over Dallas folks any day of the week.
Have you not heard of the "Wright Amendment" named after former Speaker-of-the-House James Wright ? Those 2 cities battles over that for literally decades.
But the Bass family is I suppose old money ?

HoustonFrog
04-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Have you not heard of the "Wright Amendment" named after former Speaker-of-the-House James Wright ? Those 2 cities battles over that for literally decades.
But the Bass family is I suppose old money ?

I'm not sure who you were talking to on this one or if the response was meant for me. The Bass family is family made older money. But those of us who grew up in Ft. Worth...23 years.. know that the areas of town like Westover Hills and other West Side areas is full of old school socialites from oil money and old time family money. Dallas has alot more $30,000 credit card millionaires. Of course my sister lives in University Park/Highland Park and I love she and her friends, etc. But alot of it is new money and I still find the scenery better and the people friendlier in Ft. Worth. Plus you have TCU and its surrounding area so it is a great college town. SMU is basically just University Park. The Wright Amendment was more for Southwest and Love Field than that big of a city battle. I just know that most of us from Ft. Worth hate the fact that people combine the two and say..."so how was Dallas when you were there?"

Double Barrel
04-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Could that tell us something about the differences in musical tastes between the two cities?? :thinking:

Other than the 40+ shows put on by Rodeo, Metallica and the Stones have played Reliant.

I can't really knock DFW for music...after all, Pantera and Stevie Ray Vaughan were from Dallas. :headbang:

Texan_Bill
04-15-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm not sure who you were talking to on this one or if the response was meant for me. The Bass family is family made older money. But those of us who grew up in Ft. Worth...23 years.. know that the areas of town like Westover Hills and other West Side areas is full of old school socialites from oil money and old time family money. Dallas has alot more $30,000 credit card millionaires. Of course my sister lives in University Park/Highland Park and I love she and her friends, etc. But alot of it is new money and I still find the scenery and better and the people friendlier in Ft. Worth. Plus you have TCU and its surrounding area so it is a great college town.

I've used that expression numerous times when describing some Dallasites.

spurstexanstros
04-15-2009, 03:30 PM

What is that?

for some reason this post reminds me of a joke I heard involving Witten Romo, and a trip to Cabo. Nah I wont use it.

nunusguy
04-15-2009, 06:21 PM
The Wright Amendment was more for Southwest and Love Field than that big of a city battle.

The earlier post was directed to you but a moment of confusion on my part caused me to respond to the other poster in error. Sorry.
But I have to partially correct this comment because you're right but only in part. And it did certainly involve Love field and Southwest Airlines, but just as importantly it involved DFW airport and AMR, which is based in FTW while Southwest is based in Dallas. So the battle was drawn along the
lines of FTW/AMR/DFW vs Dallas/Southwest/Love. The Wright Amendment was enacted origionally by Congress to protect and promote DFW in its infancy vs the established Dallas airport. Afterall, as a full partner with Dallas the city of FTW was intensly interesed in the success of DFW airport as a way to promote its commercial interests. It had no airport of its own at the time as Dallas did. I know quite a bit about it because I was a Southwest shareholder back in the day.
As a FTW native you might want to check the whole history out sometime.

HoustonFrog
04-15-2009, 09:14 PM
The earlier post was directed to you but a moment of confusion on my part caused me to respond to the other poster in error. Sorry.
But I have to partially correct this comment because you're right but only in part. And it did certainly involve Love field and Southwest Airlines, but just as importantly it involved DFW airport and AMR, which is based in FTW while Southwest is based in Dallas. So the battle was drawn along the
lines of FTW/AMR/DFW vs Dallas/Southwest/Love. The Wright Amendment was enacted origionally by Congress to protect and promote DFW in its infancy vs the established Dallas airport. Afterall, as a full partner with Dallas the city of FTW was intensly interesed in the success of DFW airport as a way to promote its commercial interests. It had no airport of its own at the time as Dallas did. I know quite a bit about it because I was a Southwest shareholder back in the day.
As a FTW native you might want to check the whole history out sometime.

I knew as much, I just didn't want to go to far into detail and hijack. But you are right as to what happened. In the last few years of the fight though, it turned into really Southwest standing its ground and being independent and being able to use Love instead of following the herd to DFW, like most everyone did. In the beginning though there was only Love and the Ft. Worth airport, Greater Southwest. When they made the deal for DFW, Southwest wasn't established so they claimed not to have to make the trek to DFW.

Hervoyel
04-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Is there any way, someone could build a giant plunger and put it right next to the stadium?

That's what they need. A "Plunger of Honor" with all the cow patties names on it. Photoshop here I come.

NitroGSXR
04-15-2009, 10:34 PM
It's a glory hole.

mattieuk
04-16-2009, 06:04 AM
The shaft is actually a shuttle train line, and the hole in the roof is the helicopter escape route, for when Romo screws up their playoff chances again, and he needs to get out of there. "Romo-Friendly".

HoustonFrog
04-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Ummm..the stadium is actually pretty kick ass with the 20-20 video screens, etc. It will be awesome!Continue on.............

Texan_Bill
04-16-2009, 10:19 AM
It's a glory hole.
lol: :goodpost:

Ummm..the stadium is actually pretty kick ass with the 20-20 video screens, etc. It will be awesome!Continue on.............

No problem.

For a Billion + dollars, I would hope Nitro is right - that it's a glory hole.

HoustonFrog
04-16-2009, 10:26 AM
lol: :goodpost:

No problem.

For a Billion + dollars, I would hope Nitro is right - that it's a glory hole.

That would be a neat trick