PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schefter on the way out?

prostock101
04-11-2009, 01:42 PM
I watch NFL Network every evening. This guy was always on the show and the last few weeks he's not been on the show at all. Here we are coming up on the draft and he is nowhere in sight. Any ideas why?

The Pencil Neck
04-11-2009, 01:46 PM
He's going undercover.

Mailman
04-11-2009, 01:47 PM
I watch NFL Network every evening. This guy was always on the show and the last few weeks he's not been on the show at all. Here we are coming up on the draft and he is nowhere in sight. Any ideas why?

Contract dispute. He's been MIA for weeks.

Maddict5
04-11-2009, 02:12 PM
hopefully it drags on for another few week & we can hear the commish make the picks

Mailman
04-11-2009, 02:20 PM
NFLN would be foolish to let him get away. Shefter's great.

Maddict5
04-11-2009, 03:40 PM
he good alright but that pisses me off

toronto
04-11-2009, 03:47 PM
schefter's contract expired - he is our network's main liason (sportsnet.ca) and is an incredible source....I have no doubt he will find work elsewhere.

CloakNNNdagger
04-11-2009, 03:59 PM
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/2009/03/adam_schefter_has_disappeared.html

Adam Schefter has disappeared from NFL NetworkWhat's up with Adam Schefter, alumnus of Bellmore Kennedy High and one of the NFL Network's most recognizable figures?

Schefter hasn't blogged on NFL.com since March 3, hasn't appeared on "Total Access" since March 6 and now is nowhere to be seen at the owners' meetings in California.

All Schefter would say about it Monday was this: "Iím under contract to NFL Network until the middle of August, and Iíve been very happy there and Iím hoping we can work things out."

Hmm. OK, so it appears there is a lack of an agreement on the financial terms of a contract extension. From what I have heard, this involves a quite substantial gap.

But why the mysterious disappearance from the network at the busiest time of the offseason?

The NFL Network's statement on this matter: "We are moving forward with the talented staff who will be on NFL Network and NFL.com during the 2009 season."

prostock101
04-12-2009, 07:33 AM
He's holding out?!!!!!

Who does he think he is? Ocho Cinco? Wow, I would think that in any other corporate job, "holding out", would probably get you fired. Only in the wacky world of the NFL.

We shall now name him, "Siete Schefter"..........

Texans34Life
04-12-2009, 08:11 AM
BSPN will grab him up.

Lucky
04-12-2009, 08:26 AM
Who needs Adam Schefter when you have a top NFL insider such as Charley Casserly? :tomato:

mattieuk
04-12-2009, 09:33 AM
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/2009/03/adam_schefter_has_disappeared.html

Jeez, pay the man. The guy is quality...one of the best things about NFLN:TA. There isn't much he doesn't know first...

eriadoc
04-12-2009, 12:33 PM
C'mon Hookem, sign the man! We could have our own correspondent!! :D

beerlover
04-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Corporate America is a ***** right now someday common sense will prevail, I hope :shades:

Specnatz
04-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Corporate America is a ***** right now someday common sense will prevail, I hope :shades:

If only it was common.

HOU-TEX
04-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Hmmm, I was thinking he was just on vacation. Hopefully he'll be back.

CloakNNNdagger
04-15-2009, 10:16 PM
BSPN will grab him up.

I'm afraid that's how it's turning out. PFT reports that several league and industry sources have told them that Adam Schefter, who still is under contract with NFL Network, will join ESPN later this year. I would take this to mean in the middle of August when his NFLN contract runs out............just in time for the regular season.

mattieuk
04-16-2009, 05:30 AM
I'm afraid that's how it's turning out. PFT reports that several league and industry sources have told them that Adam Schefter, who still is under contract with NFL Network, will join ESPN later this year. I would take this to mean in the middle of August when his NFLN contract runs out............just in time for the regular season.

Oh god no. What a waste of good talent.

Ah well Schefty, I guess you've had a good run, but now they'll force you to deliver opinion pieces instead of reporting breaking news.

KMG 365
06-10-2009, 11:48 AM
He joined the dark side.

http://sportsmedianews.com/06/adam-schefter-joins-espn-as-nfl-correspondent/#more-2010

Adam Schefter Joins ESPN as NFL Correspondent

Adam Schefter, one of the top National Football League reporters and insiders, will join ESPN as an NFL correspondent in August. Schefter, who worked for NFL Network, will appear on such programs as SportsCenter, NFL Live, Sunday NFL Countdown and Monday Night Countdown, as well as ESPNEWS throughout the year. He will write regular columns for ESPN.com and contribute to ESPN Radio and other platforms. Schefter will continue to be based in New York.

Schefter has been a reporter/analyst and key source of breaking news for NFL Network since 2004, appearing on NFL Total Access and NFL GameDay Morning and also writing for NFL.com. Prior to joining NFL Network, Schefter was a sportswriter for the Denver Post where he covered the Broncos for 15 years. He was named the Colorado Sports Writer of the Year in 2002 and 2003. No stranger to ESPN, Schefter frequently appeared on Around the Horn and The Sports Reporters during his days at the Post.

ďAdam has covered the NFL for 20 years and he is widely respected for his professional approach and ability to uncover stories,Ē said Norby Williamson, ESPN executive vice president, production. ďHe is a tremendous addition to our roster of NFL insiders who provide year-round coverage across ESPNís platforms.Ē

Schefter added: ďThe name ESPN speaks for itself. Its reputation stands alone. I watched ESPN growing up, so to be a part of the programming that every football fan watches, and really has always watched, and to be a part of such a talented group of people, itís surreal to me. It feels like Iím a late addition to the Pro Bowl. Iím flattered, honored, humbled - and I canít wait to get to work.Ē

A graduate of the University of Michigan and Northwestern Universityís Medill School of Journalism, Schefter is a former president of the Pro Football Writers of America and the author of three books, including Romo: My Life on the Edge Living Dreams and Slaying Dragons about former Broncos linebacker Bill Romanowski which was on the New York Times bestseller list. Schefter has a new book out this summer entitled, ďThe Class of Football: Words of Hard-Earned Wisdom from Legends of the Gridiron.Ē

Mike Kerns
06-13-2009, 08:49 AM
He joined the dark side.

http://sportsmedianews.com/06/adam-schefter-joins-espn-as-nfl-correspondent/#more-2010

Well, damn...

Ryan
06-13-2009, 12:16 PM
He certainly boosted ESPN's staff.

Maddict5
07-04-2009, 07:47 PM
who is the ***** thats replaced Schefter on Total Access, on Fridays around the league saying that Texans have a number of players hitting UFA next year and without a cap.

for someone being paid to do this he should realize that if the league becomes uncapped Unrestricetd Free agency is pushed back 6 Years service rather then 4. 'Demarco Ryans' and Owen Daniels will be tendered and teams will have to give up picks to sign them or the Texans can match. 'Dunta Robertson' is the only gut who'll be unrestricted

I know its a small thing but if your the leagues official network you know what youre talking about