PDA

View Full Version : To TexansChick et. al.

CloakNNNdagger
04-11-2009, 10:09 AM
I don't believe that this has been reported, but TexansChick's blog on OTAs was cited and linked on PFT this morning. This illustrates the positive contributions that fans make to the NFL information highway. TexansChick very deservedly has received acknowledgment for her valuable ongoing efforts. Others may make their "donations" that more subtly enter into this "highway." Additionally, the people that have created and that keep this Board running are "unsung heros." But it's everyone's contributions, no matter how small, that makes the "whole" experience worthwhile for all of us. I say congratulations TexansChick, and to all of the rest of you.........take a bow.:tiphat:

Honoring Earl 34
04-11-2009, 10:35 AM
I don't believe that this has been reported, but TexansChick's blog on OTAs was cited and linked on PFT this morning. This illustrates the positive contributions that fans make to the NFL information highway. TexansChick very deservedly has received acknowledgment for her valuable ongoing efforts. Others may make their "donations" that more subtly enter into this "highway." Additionally, the people that have created and that keep this Board running are "unsung heros." But it's everyone's contributions, no matter how small, that makes the "whole" experience worthwhile for all of us. I say congratulations TexansChick, and to all of the rest of you.........take a bow.:tiphat:

We have a great group here of dedicated/addicted fans and I get warm fuzzies when I try to imagine what'll happen if we win a super bowl .

ObsiWan
04-11-2009, 10:40 AM

Well said!
You speak for most of us who know these things but don't slow down and take the time to say them often enough.
take a bow yourself

Mr. White
04-11-2009, 10:47 AM
It's getting more and more obvious how useless the sports page is in this town. When they report something, chances are that we already know it.

steelbtexan
04-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Best board I've seen.

Congrats TC

Bubbajwp
04-11-2009, 02:24 PM
We have a great group here of dedicated/addicted fans and I get warm fuzzies when I try to imagine what'll happen if we win a super bowl .

Group hug and a moment of silence (no typing)

SheTexan
04-11-2009, 04:02 PM

I second that!

THANKS TC!!!

NitroGSXR
04-11-2009, 04:48 PM

Every team has a great group of addicted and dedicated fans but we as fans must remember that there is only have one Texans_Chick in all of football. I'm so proud that she's a member of our very own Texan nation.

I notice the little things that she does such as transcripting videos that are in her blogs and so forth. I notice them immensely. I wanted to say that much. It's appreciated and she just makes me proud to be here. Prouder to be a Texan fan by making up for the shortcomings from other aspects. I sure am glad she's around and am so happy that she's being recognized. It's well deserved. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Texans_Chick... Your next stop should be a regular gig on ESPN...

Thank you, Steph.

Hardcore Texan
04-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Best board I've seen.

Congrats TC

I agree, I glad to be a part of this community. Great Job TC, AJ, Diehard Chris....all the peeps out there writing blogs to pass on all the little nuggets that you can't find anywhere else.

ATXtexanfan
04-11-2009, 04:57 PM
I slide onto the board everyday to see what you guys are talking about. People think I'm a texan expert but I'm just relaying the thoughts of those on this board. Being in the austin area this is all I have to keep up with the texans. I don't post much because all you guys take the words out my mouth. I love the humor on this board as well. I thank everyone and texanschick

NitroGSXR
04-11-2009, 04:57 PM
I agree, I glad to be a part of this community. Great Job TC, AJ, Diehard Chris....all the peeps out there writing blogs to pass on all the little nuggets that you can't find anywhere else.

I didn't mean to exclude anyone. I misunderstood. I thought this thread was about TC and her work being linked within major news sources. I think we all do a great job for the most part. Props to the fellows you mentioned as well as others.

Texans_Chick
04-11-2009, 06:34 PM

Where's the blush emoticon?

Thank you for the kind words and the headsup on the PFT thingy. I am so happy that there are Texans communities out there--whether it is in the tailgates, message boards, blogs, Im a Texan, etc. I love that there are so many more ways that the world at large can learn about the team versus the early years of the franchise.

I am particularly proud of this community because it was formed through kindness and fans working together. The kindness of the people who already had this domain and believed in it. The kindness of people who added into it. And the kindness of the Texans to allow us to import our history and community here, instead of just shutting it down without listening to us, like it was done over at Bud's world. The kindness of people who hit that donation button and share its cost. (when the offseason slows down, I am going to write about our history because I think it is kinda cool).

Texan fans are among the most generous people I've ever come across, and I am proud to be one of them.

When the Texans are finally the team we envision them to be, you will know that you were a part from the beginning. And you will appreciate it so much because you know how hard it was.

Y'all rock. GO TEXANS!!!!!!!:texflag:

Honoring Earl 34
04-11-2009, 06:49 PM

Thank you for the kind words and the headsup on the PFT thingy. I am so happy that there are Texans communities out there--whether it is in the tailgates, message boards, blogs, Im a Texan, etc. I love that there are so many more ways that the world at large can learn about the team versus the early years of the franchise.

I am particularly proud of this community because it was formed through kindness and fans working together. The kindness of the people who already had this domain and believed in it. The kindness of people who added into it. And the kindness of the Texans to allow us to import our history and community here, instead of just shutting it down without listening to us, like it was done over at Bud's world. The kindness of people who hit that donation button and share its cost. (when the offseason slows down, I am going to write about our history because I think it is kinda cool).

Texan fans are among the most generous people I've ever come across, and I am proud to be one of them.

When the Texans are finally the team we envision them to be, you will know that you were a part from the beginning. And you will appreciate it so much because you know how hard it was.

http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-17732531.jpg?size=572&uid=%7B6F733454-9893-47DF-8C8B-EF46F55C75DF%7D

We don't need no stinkin Justice round these parts nor do we need badges . :cowboy1:

Joe Texan
04-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Stephanie I could not have said it any better than Cloak did. I always come to this site to get news of any field. wether it be Texans Football, (where I know I get the latest and probably have to wait a day or two for the chronic.) Or it is the News in general being Wolf and Axman and everyone else who contributes to us getting the latest from the wire.

Texan Chick you will fore ever be my primary Texans news anchor, Hopefully on 55 or even 13. Good Luck and God Speed to you TC.

TexansFanatic
04-11-2009, 08:33 PM
We have a great group here of dedicated/addicted fans and I get warm fuzzies when I try to imagine what'll happen WHEN we win a super bowl .

Fixed it for you!

Brando
04-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Every team has a great group of addicted and dedicated fans but we as fans must remember that there is only have one Texans_Chick in all of football. I'm so proud that she's a member of our very own Texan nation.

I notice the little things that she does such as transcripting videos that are in her blogs and so forth. I notice them immensely. I wanted to say that much. It's appreciated and she just makes me proud to be here. Prouder to be a Texan fan by making up for the shortcomings from other aspects. I sure am glad she's around and am so happy that she's being recognized. It's well deserved. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Texans_Chick... Your next stop should be a regular gig on ESPN...

Thank you, Steph.

I slide onto the board everyday to see what you guys are talking about. People think I'm a texan expert but I'm just relaying the thoughts of those on this board. Being in the austin area this is all I have to keep up with the texans. I don't post much because all you guys take the words out my mouth. I love the humor on this board as well. I thank everyone and texanschick

http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-17732531.jpg?size=572&uid=%7B6F733454-9893-47DF-8C8B-EF46F55C75DF%7D

We don't need no stinkin Justice round these parts nor do we need badges . :cowboy1:

Stephanie I could not have said it any better than Cloak did. I always come to this site to get news of any field. wether it be Texans Football, (where I know I get the latest and probably have to wait a day or two for the chronic.) Or it is the News in general being Wolf and Axman and everyone else who contributes to us getting the latest from the wire.

Texan Chick you will fore ever be my primary Texans news anchor, Hopefully on 55 or even 13. Good Luck and God Speed to you TC.

All QFT!

This is my first stop when I get on the internet because this message board is my news feed. I would feel disconnected from the Texans without this board. Thanks to everyone that makes this place special.

It's also cool that LZ has become a part of this community.

:fans:

The NFL draft is in 2 weeks!

Showtime100
04-11-2009, 10:53 PM

I could have quoted any of these posts on this thread, all so true. ATX summed it up for me pretty well in that I come here for the collective knowledge of the Texans the come here and enrich this board. I do baseball to the point that I need you guys input to keep me up to speed. Applause all around.

TC, fan-damn-tastic! Well done as always. To borrow a saying from Bum, you're going going to kick that sumbitch in very soon. Great stuff. :texflag:

Speedy
04-12-2009, 12:46 AM

Well, you know who can't be too happy about this.

CONGRATS TC!!!

1Texan
04-12-2009, 12:47 AM
SS-you are a great resource to those in the Texans community. Great work. Now if we could get you doing what Megan Manfull was supposed to be doing...let´s get you inside.
I heard Richard Justice was wanting to talk to you about finding out what his next blog should be about. You don´t need to give him any tips. He´ll claim them as his own. Just feel the wind beneath your wings, you´ll go where you want to. Best wishes.

Giant Tiger
04-12-2009, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=Brando;1158493]All QFT!

This is my first stop when I get on the internet because this message board is my news feed. I would feel disconnected from the Texans without this board. Thanks to everyone that makes this place special.

It's also cool that LZ has become a part of this community.

:fans:

This thread makes me so proud to be a texans fan :thisbig: And to think I used to wait until the papers would come out up here :mcnugget:

spurstexanstros
04-13-2009, 02:53 PM
I would love it if TC could be a regular contibutor to the sports section here in San Antonio, or maybe send us a training camp report for the TV stations. without this site and her information I would have little to no Texans information.
To be honest her information is better than mainsite...(sorry mainsite mods) and the quality level of threads is better here. (Since the mass bannings of last year)

thanks TC and all the regs for keeping me connected to the Texans.

badboy
04-13-2009, 04:28 PM
I am so ashamed that I still look daily in the Chronicle for anything on Texans. I watch the trailers on ESPN 1&2 "just in case". I flip radio channels on the one hour drive to and from work. Stop with the golf, Dynamo and what not and get to the Texans! Even the Rockets new I skim then move on until play offs. Most of my adiction is fed right here. So thanks a lot friends for keeping me "fixed". Steve

RTP2110
04-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Houston Texans star linebacker DeMeco Ryans plans to attend offseason workouts next week and has zeroed in on a new agent after recently firing Kirk Wood, according to Craig Roberts of 790 AM Radio in Houston, per Stephanie Stradley of the Houston Chronicle.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/16/texans-ryans-to-report-to-workouts-hire-new-agent/

CloakNNNdagger
04-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Houston Texans star linebacker DeMeco Ryans plans to attend offseason workouts next week and has zeroed in on a new agent after recently firing Kirk Wood, according to Craig Roberts of 790 AM Radio in Houston, per Stephanie Stradley of the Houston Chronicle.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/16/texans-ryans-to-report-to-workouts-hire-new-agent/

Already noted [LINK] (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1161835&postcount=7):)

Texan_Bill
04-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Steph, we love you!! Keep up the good work.

Since we are group hugging, a huge shout out to Kevin and all of the mods who keep this place running. Another shout out to Kevin for his generosity in helping the Tacks out too.

Texans_Chick
04-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Steph, we love you!! Keep up the good work.

Since we are group hugging, a huge shout out to Kevin and all of the mods who keep this place running. Another shout out to Kevin for his generosity in helping the Tacks out too.

Thanks!

Second the shoutout to Kevin.

Better than the shoutout, everybody keep sending donations through the green button above.

DONATE.

/proud contributor :fans:

Showtime100
04-16-2009, 04:42 PM
TC, I know is is a crude attempt at a realistic picture, but I don't have photoshop. I thought you would get a kick out of this(?).

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Pet%20Funny%20Misc/leavittrabbitstewletterrichardrabbi.jpg

Lucky
04-16-2009, 08:15 PM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Astros/oie_twinkles.gif

Wow! I really love this sig pic. Brings back a lot of memories.

TC's epic blog on Mario just after the draft is what really opened my eyes as to how good an internet journalist she really is. She probably changed opinion on Mario through that piece more than anything or anyone else has. One of the best blog pieces I've ever read. Hell, the best blog piece I've ever read.

Honoring Earl 34
04-18-2009, 09:07 PM
http://www.chron.com/sports/

Texans Chick is at the end of the cheerleaders answering questions video with Anna Megan .

TexansMVP
04-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Texans Chick is at the end of the cheerleaders answering questions video with Anna Megan .

Hilarious clip. Anna Megan asked several cheerleaders during the try-outs who our head coach and none of them knew lol

Honoring Earl 34
04-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Hilarious clip. Anna Megan asked several cheerleaders during the try-outs who our head coach and none of them knew. You would think that would be important.

Not as important as ... uh ... um ... a pretty smile . :smiliedance: