PDA

View Full Version : Late declaring SS from Fresno could be a sleeper

bad
01-20-2005, 01:01 AM
Fresno State junior SS James Sanders declares for NFL draft. (http://gobulldogs.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011905aaa.html)

I've watched this kid play since his freshman year and I could tell right away he was special. Great football instincts and really brings the wood. Very, very smart football player.

I think he should've stayed for his senior year and maybe worked his way into a first day pick but part of that is I wanted to see him as a Bulldog for another season. The bright side of this is that now he could be a steal for someone, maybe our beloved Texans.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Sanders and think I'm just another stoned Fresno State fan pimping my homeys, here's a College Football News (http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2004/Players/FresnoState_JamesSanders.htm)article about him. This article was written prior to last season which was by far his best in terms of interceptions, sacks and forced fumbles.

fresno8
01-20-2005, 01:52 AM
Sucks for Fresno and sucks for him. He's not ready. That will hurt our chances of running the table next year. I think he can be good down the road (Coleman replacement in a few years). I would love to see him as a Texan though. Round 4-5. I've seen him since his freshman year too and he's very good to the ball. His coverage skills need some work. He's solid and should be good in the NFL in a couple years.

hot pickle
01-20-2005, 01:00 PM
yah if hes not takin by the 4th we should pick him up

fresno8
01-20-2005, 01:09 PM
The Fresno Bee said today as high as 4th, so he'd be a good fit for us in the 5th. We have more pressing needs in the 4th.

Errant Hothy
01-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Don't we have a good, young hard hitting SS already?

From what I've read Sanders has little chance of developing into a FS. A good SS, maybe; a good FS not very likely.

THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID
01-20-2005, 11:39 PM
Another saftey who could be a sleeper....Rhodes from Lousiville. This guy is way underrated in my opinion. Will be a 3rd rounder, should at least be a 2nd. This guy is smart, an athlete, and one hell of a coverge guy who brings hits too. He was a team caption too, great leader. If he would have picked off a pass late in the 4th quater in Miami, Lousiville may be undeafted. One to watch out for.

fresno8
01-21-2005, 01:48 AM
Rhodes from Louisville impressed me I saw him play a few times this year. He'll go round 3