PDA

View Full Version : Plaxico Released

HoustonFrog
04-03-2009, 02:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4040009

NEW YORK -- The New York Giants have released wide receiver Plaxico Burress, the team announced Friday.

A gun possession case against Burress in New York was adjourned Tuesday until June.

The Pencil Neck
04-03-2009, 02:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4040009

Well, I think everyone knows what position they're drafting now.

Polo
04-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Buffalo should pick him up.

drewmar74
04-03-2009, 02:32 PM
Chicago?

TEXANRED
04-03-2009, 02:32 PM
Guess who's about to be a Cowboy?

Dread-Head
04-03-2009, 02:33 PM
pickhimup!pickhimup!pickhimup! With him on one side and AJ on the other we could have a blind crap flinging MONKEY as QB! We'd be INVINCIBLE!!! BAWAAA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAH!

Dread-Head
04-03-2009, 02:35 PM

Soul-Train Scramble board anyone?

Duck Fallas!

alphajoker
04-03-2009, 02:38 PM
...and is on his way to prison.

Texecutioner
04-03-2009, 02:42 PM

YOu can never count that out.

This is a sweet opportunity for Chicago right here where they can get that Wideout that they need to help out Cutler. It will be difficult to address that need in the draft with their first and 3rd already gone this season, so they had better jump on this before anyone else does.

ChampionTexan
04-03-2009, 02:43 PM
...and is on his way to prison.

And a suspension from the NFL.

NitroGSXR
04-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Hold on to your horses here, fans from various teams around the league.

Plaxico Burress was not released so other teams could snatch him up for free from the Giants. He's being released because he's not going to be able to come to work next season. No reason to pay him either. They're making a pure financial decision here. A wise one I'd say...

I'd love for him to become a Texan. How do you make a catch like that in the Super Bowl! He won the game for the Giants with that one-handed/helmet grab. Not Eli.

gtexan02
04-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Hold on to your horses here, fans from various teams around the league.

Plaxico Burress was not released so other teams could snatch him up for free from the Giants. He's being released because he's not going to be able to come to work next season. No reason to pay him either. They're making a pure financial decision here. A wise one I'd say...

I'd love for him to become a Texan. How do you make a catch like that in the Super Bowl! He won the game for the Giants with that one-handed/helmet grab. Not Eli.

(that was David Tyree)

Maddict5
04-03-2009, 03:26 PM

actually that was david tyree

NitroGSXR
04-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Uh-oh... Looks like I made a blunder here...

I don't know why but I always thought it was Plaxico. Please accept my apologies for the inaccurate information.

ChampionTexan
04-03-2009, 03:43 PM

I don't know why but I always thought it was Plaxico. Please accept my apologies for the inaccurate information.

Plaxico caught the winning TD pass later on that same drive.

Goldensilence
04-03-2009, 04:14 PM

that was david tyree but I think the point is still valid. I don't think he'll be playing football next year unless he's got a damn good lawyer, even then he kind of condemned himself with a really stupid move. Even if he does manage to evade prison time somehow he'll likely be looking at a a league suspension.

Doesn't help that he's 31 now either.

mattieuk
04-03-2009, 07:25 PM
pickhimup!pickhimup!pickhimup! With him on one side and AJ on the other we could have a blind crap flinging MONKEY as QB! We'd be INVINCIBLE!!! BAWAAA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAH!

Put the bottle down DH.... (or has slatonisabeat hacked your account?)

Agree with everyone here (well, I assume the pro-Plax posts are sarastic). He's been a damned fool. He is looking at some good prison time, and then at least half a year of suspension from the Commish. Such an *****, there ain't a lawyer in the world that is keeping him from getting sent down for this.

And yup, it looks like the Giants are in the market for a new WR.

Mac#5
04-03-2009, 08:22 PM
And a suspension from the NFL.

...after he becomes someones girl

Dread-Head
04-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Put the bottle down DH.... (or has slatonisabeat hacked your account?)

Agree with everyone here (well, I assume the pro-Plax posts are sarastic). He's been a damned fool. He is looking at some good prison time, and then at least half a year of suspension from the Commish. Such an *****, there ain't a lawyer in the world that is keeping him from getting sent down for this.

And yup, it looks like the Giants are in the market for a new WR.

HEY! I aint drunk!....I'm just drinkin'! BTW...ARESENAL RULES!!!

Ole Miss Texan
04-04-2009, 09:51 AM
1. Isn't it sad when I first read the thread title I thought it meant Plaxico got released from jail. I didn't realize it was from the team until I saw it on the TV!

2. Not to expand on the previous posts- but yes it was David Tyree that had the incredible catch. But please don't discount the way Eli scrambled and avoided like 3 sacks.

3. And neither Tyree or Plaxico won that game for the Giants, their DL did.

Brando
04-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Plaxico saga continues...........

At least this time Plaxico Burress was only shooting from the lip.

The pistol-packing punk fired a string of profanities at a deputy sheriff two weeks ago after he was stopped for erratic driving in Florida, police said.

REPORT: PLAX GOT TREATMENT

"F- - - you! You're going to be in a lot of trouble. I know the sheriff personally," the receiver raged at Broward County Deputy Sheriff Donald Harris during the March 18 traffic stop, police said.

The embattled gridder (right) -- who was released by the Giants on Friday and faces 3½ years in prison on a gun-possession charge after shooting himself in the leg at a Manhattan nightclub on Nov. 29 -- followed every question and command with a "F- - - you," according to the citation (above).

It appears Burress' driving is as wild as his shooting; the ticket was his fifth driving infraction in Florida in the past month alone.

In the March 18 incident near Fort Lauderdale, Burress, 31, was speeding south on I-95 in his black 2008 Toyota Sequoia at 10:30 a.m. when he crossed several lanes of traffic, cutting off vehicles to get on I-595's westbound ramp, police said.

Harris pulled over the car because Burress was driving like "he was going to kill somebody," according to police.

When Officer Harris approached, he couldn't see inside the tinted windows of Burress' SUV, so he opened a door and found the ex-Giant talking on his cellphone.

"F- - - you! You can't open my f- - -ing door!" Burress barked, police said. That's when Burress issued his boastful threat about knowing Broward County Sheriff Al Lamberti.

At one point, Harris asked Burress to get out of his car because of his "violent and aggressive" attitude, police said. The deputy wanted to see if the fuming, 6-foot-5 footballer was carrying a gun. Burress, who wasn't packing, complied. But he wasn't happy about it.

Eventually, Burress, who has a home in nearby Lighthouse Point, returned to his car, snarling, "You're going to hear about this by the end of your shift!"

But Burress was bluffing about his connections. The sheriff has "never met him," a police spokeswoman said.

Burress was hit with a $150 moving violation.

Two weeks earlier, on March 1, Burress was slapped with four violations for driving 60 mph in a 45-mph zone, improper tags, improper lane change and improper window tinting.

Burress' gun-possession case has been adjourned until June 15.

jfanelli@nypost.com

link (http://www.nypost.com/seven/04052009/news/regionalnews/plax_lacks_tact_162940.htm)

edo783
04-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Talk about a guy that seems to be out of control. Seems very erratic and more than a little mentally unstable. Another duffas just throwing it all away.

bah007
04-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Talk about a guy that seems to be out of control. Seems very erratic and more than a little mentally unstable. Another duffas just throwing it all away.

Too bad he will never face 1/4 the penalty of his actions that one of us would if we pulled the same crap over and over again...

mexican_texan
04-06-2009, 12:55 AM
He really is a fool. He might not play football again, but a year after he gets a pay day, he wants out to get a bigger pay day.

mussop
04-07-2009, 01:05 PM
What about Burriss?Personnaly I cant see us spending the kind of money it would take to get him so its probably a moot point anyway but according to this article (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/) we could or should be interested.

Other coaches and/or execs who might be feeling antsy in this regard include Mike Tannenbaum of the Giants Jets, Jack Del Rio of the Jaguars, Gary Kubiak and Rick Smith of the Texans, Norv Turner and A.J. Smith of the Chargers, Andy Reid of the Eagles, Lovie Smith and Jerry Angelo of the Bears, and Brad Childress of the Vikings.

Im a big fan of Walter and what he brings to the team. However for the right price and if he has his head on right I would consider it. I dont think we will though.

Polo
04-07-2009, 01:07 PM
I don't think the Giants will be interested.

mexican_texan
04-07-2009, 01:11 PM
To make a long explanation short...heeell no.

V3rm0nt3r
04-07-2009, 01:24 PM
if he doesn't go to jail and doesn't get a full year suspension from the commissioner then sure. the guy might be dumb enough to shoot himself but he can still play da football.

mussop
04-07-2009, 01:33 PM
I don't think the Giants will be interested.

Interested in what? He was relased and is a FA .

HOU-TEX
04-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Interested in what? He was relased and is a FA .

They have the Giants as one who should be interested.

IMO, whoever wrote the article must've smoked a fatty before hand.

barrett
04-07-2009, 01:38 PM
is this really the right forum for this nonsense? fantasy doesn't really apply either. is there a "crazy talk" forum?

pbat488
04-07-2009, 01:44 PM
This is ludicrous, and I can't believe Jerry Jones or Al Davis are listed in that article.

Texans_Chick
04-07-2009, 01:54 PM
I reject multiple premise's in the PFT piece.

I know some folks aren't happy with Kubiak/Smith, but it is not Bob McNair.

Barring an absolutely catastrophic season, I don't think their jobs are in jeopardy at all. Bob McNair believes that especially in the modern NFL, teams are more likely to have long terms success with stability. I do not think especially with the upcoming labor unrest, he wants to blow up his team unless it is pretty much at gunpoint.

Burress is not a player that the Texans would be interested in. Even players who are his friends make a point of saying he is not a good lockerroom guy.

And is Burress the guy you think makes the Texans better? What, does he play defensive tackle?

And, dude could very likely be in jail. Jail makes it very difficult to play in the NFL. Ask Vick.

So suggesting that all these teams are looking to save themselves by signing a guy who has been a pile of disgruntlement and poo is absurd.

The End
/any motions to lock this thread because Florio was out of his mind when he put this on PFT?

barrett
04-07-2009, 01:57 PM
here.

Porky
04-07-2009, 02:10 PM
I think we would be shooting ourselves in the foot if the Texans signed Buress. :spit:

TEXANRED
04-07-2009, 03:02 PM
I am not sarting anything.

nero THE zero
04-07-2009, 03:08 PM
I reject multiple premise's in the PFT piece.

Barring an absolutely catastrophic season, I don't think their jobs are in jeopardy at all. Bob McNair believes that especially in the modern NFL, teams are more likely to have long terms success with stability. I do not think especially with the upcoming labor unrest, he wants to blow up his team unless it is pretty much at gunpoint.

Burress is not a player that the Texans would be interested in. Even players who are his friends make a point of saying he is not a good lockerroom guy.

And is Burress the guy you think makes the Texans better? What, does he play defensive tackle?

And, dude could very likely be in jail. Jail makes it very difficult to play in the NFL. Ask Vick.

So suggesting that all these teams are looking to save themselves by signing a guy who has been a pile of disgruntlement and poo is absurd.

The End
/any motions to lock this thread because Florio was out of his mind when he put this on PFT?
Seconded.

Carr Bombed
04-07-2009, 03:37 PM
I am not sarting anything.

Well a "sart" is better than a "shart" so this thread gets a thumbs up.

TEXANRED
04-07-2009, 03:47 PM

Well actually Shart sounds not half bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shart:_The_Challenge

Maddict5
04-07-2009, 03:58 PM

id go even further and say kubiak probably has one of the top fan approval ratings in the league, including bob mcnair

Carr Bombed
04-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Well actually Shart sounds not half bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shart:_The_Challenge

I'm talking about the other shart...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiNZdTSH3-A

TEXANRED
04-07-2009, 04:13 PM
i'm talking about the other shart...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ninzdtsh3-a

ok. Eww.

scourge
04-07-2009, 04:35 PM
probably a moot point anyway

I'm just happy you said moot, and not mute. I hate that.

Ole Miss Texan
04-07-2009, 05:03 PM
I second TC's post. I think Kubiak and Smith are firmly embedded at their respective positions. I also think Burress is highly highly unlikely to become a member of the Texans.

I was thinking something along these lines as well:) I'll tell you what though, if Rick Smith is even considering the notion of adding Burress to the roster... I will shart my pants.

ArlingtonTexan
04-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Actually, nobody has to start a thread about the Texans signing every FA with a "name" that most people recognize.

Texan_Bill
04-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Please, please, please someone "end it" /End Thread.

http://i.pbase.com/o6/42/577342/1/85514058.JM8in0AI.endTHREAD.jpg