PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Vilma's Long Island condo raided

Texan_Bill
03-31-2009, 08:37 AM
Ex-Jet Jonathan Vilma's L.I. condo raided after two drug slays
BY Alison Gendar, Rich Cimini and Bill Hutchinson
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Tuesday, March 31st 2009, 2:08 AM

Police have raided a Long Island condo owned by former Jets defensive star Jonathan Vilma, searching for clues in a pair of grisly drug retaliation murders.

Cops went to the $900,000 condo in a gated community in Woodbury after finding the bodies of two bullet-riddled men dumped in Brooklyn and Queens.

A law enforcement source said there is no evidence that Vilma, 26, who signed a $34 million contract in February with the New Orleans Saints, was involved in the crimes.

The source said a friend or relative Vilma may have allowed to use the condo could be connected to the double murder.

Vilma's agent Mitch Frankel said he hasn't lived in the condo since November 2007 and thought the place was empty.

From the sounds of it, he may have nothing to do with this story, but it's still weird.

Link: Ex-Jet Jonathan Vilma's L.I. condo raided after two drug slays
(http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/03/30/2009-03-30_exjet_jonathan_vilmas_li_condo_raided_af.html)

TimeKiller
03-31-2009, 01:39 PM
I've had some time to sit on this...All I can really say is that if anyone has property that they don't ever go to...Why have it? You wouldn't, would you? Even if you were rich enough to do so, you wouldn't.

Not saying he's involved...I'm just kind of saying he's dumb for having property he barely acknowledges. If it were mysteriously full of gold it would be all his and nobody elses. It just happens to be full of links to murders.

Polo
03-31-2009, 02:29 PM
I've had some time to sit on this...All I can really say is that if anyone has property that they don't ever go to...Why have it? You wouldn't, would you? Even if you were rich enough to do so, you wouldn't.

Not saying he's involved...I'm just kind of saying he's dumb for having property he barely acknowledges. If it were mysteriously full of gold it would be all his and nobody elses. It just happens to be full of links to murders.

Folks own property that they don't visit all the time.

RazorOye
03-31-2009, 02:47 PM

the condo is on the market and has been for some time

he's trying to sell it.... he's been trying to sell it

what would you have him do?

900,000 condos don't sell themselves. Particularly not in this economic climate.

Although you could probably get it for a lot less now, if you're in the market

thunderkyss
03-31-2009, 03:23 PM
Hey, since we're talking about Vilma, can someone explain what happened to him?

I know he won Rookie Defensive Player of the year, with the Jets, and he was all the rage in NY.

Then he was traded.

Then he was released.

what's the deal?

Texan_Bill
03-31-2009, 03:29 PM

I know he won Rookie Defensive Player of the year, with the Jets, and he was all the rage in NY.

Then he was traded.

Then he was released.

what's the deal?

He started 16 games and ended up with a 132 tackles, but I didn't hear about him being released.

*EDIT*
In fact Rotoworld said that he signed a 5 year, $32 million dollar deal on 2/28/09 link: Rotoworld: Jonathan Vilma (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFl&id=2775)

TimeKiller
03-31-2009, 03:32 PM
Really? I've never heard of any of them.

the condo is on the market and has been for some time

he's trying to sell it.... he's been trying to sell it

what would you have him do?

900,000 condos don't sell themselves. Particularly not in this economic climate.

Although you could probably get it for a lot less now, if you're in the market
I didn't see that part until I clicked the link, my bad.

Brando
03-31-2009, 03:53 PM
Yep must be nice.....

jgl35
03-31-2009, 04:05 PM
It took T.O. over a year to sell his house in New Jersey after he left the Eagles. Alan Iverson's house is still for sale.

mexican_texan
03-31-2009, 04:08 PM
Good thing, too, since it looks like Iverson may be on his way back.

texasguy346
03-31-2009, 05:20 PM

Then he was traded.

Then he was released.

what's the deal?

He won the DROY with the Jets when they played a 4-3. When Mangini came on board the Jets morphed to a 3-4, and Vilma wasn't a fit for that system. They drafted a ILB named Harris out of Michigan to replace him.

As someone else mentioned he was re-signed by the Saints.

mexican_texan
03-31-2009, 07:49 PM
That D-ROY should've gone to D-Rob