PDA

View Full Version : Site Donation FYI

Pages : [1] 2

Hookem Horns
03-30-2009, 05:50 PM
1.) You do not need to have a Paypal account to donate through Paypal. There is an area that says ...
Don't have a PayPal account?
Use your credit card or bank account (where available). Continue

Just click continue and you can proceed.

2.) If you are uncomfortable with submitting a credit card online you can send a check. To do so send it to ...
Texans Talk (also make the check out to Texans Talk)
7805 Elkhorn Mountain Trail
Austin, Texas 78729

3.) If you are not planning to donate please do not click the green "Donate" link, click an amount and submit just out of curiosity. This creates an unconfirmed donation.

4.) For now the donation goal is set to $150 a month. Our actual expense is $300 per month. However I have allowed another NFL team to host their board on our server. I am hoping between both of us we can reach the $300 per month to cover this thing.

New 9/22/2011 Many of you have asked me if there is a way to make automatic monthly donations like a subscription. We have that set up now for any that wish to contribute in this way. In the navigation bar in the header you will now see a link called "Automatic Monthly Contribution". Click that and subscribe. This is through Paypal and you can login to your Paypal account at any time and stop the autopay if you wish to stop.

As always we always appreciate the donations and your support!

Maddict5
04-14-2009, 10:17 AM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth

The fan chat board hosted by the Tennessee Titans' web site disappeared not too long ago, prompting a few questions.

I've emailed a few people who got in touch with the explanation that I got: the Titans recently flipped their web site over to an NFL platform, and while the league brings teams on board it is not supporting message boards yet. There could be a deal for all 32 clubs in the works.

The team created an official Facebook page to help offset the loss.

I've also pointed some people to titanscentral.net, a long-standing independent board fueled by what seems to me to be a good group of people, many of whom have helped me out in the past and several of whom keep me on my toes here at the AFC South Blog.

But it turns out a board intended to replace the TOMB (Titans Official Message Board) has surfaced -- titanstailgate.com is working, but you need this link to get there. It has no official affiliation with the team.

The back story of how it came to be is an interesting one, according to Jesse in Nashville who emailed me:

The benefactor ended up being the owner of TexansTalk.com who saw the plight of the TOMB and stepped up to help out some fellow AFC South fans. When surprised with the amount of money titans fans donated to the new message board, the Texans [board] owner wrote, "First of all I want to thank everyone here for the donations. In case you haven't read between the lines this new board is being hosted on the TexansTalk.com server. I know many of you guys personally and I am happy to help you guys out (despite any ill feelings I may have for the team you root for)."

Doesn't it make you all mushy inside? It's a Texans fan helping out the fans of the team that fled his city in 1997, creating the void his new team was created to fill.

It's like when Dr. Peter Venkman said in Ghostbusters, "Dogs and cats, living together; mass hysteria."

It turns out, the administrator of the new site, Yvette Thomas, had become friends over the years with Kevin Bilberry of TexansTalk.com.

Said Thomas:

"When I was informed the TOMB's demise was imminent, I called Kevin to ask about his overhead. I needed hard numbers to see what we were up against. When I told him our concept and our plans for content, he said his server should be big enough to handle our load. That was an offer I was stunned to receive. We promptly installed a donation app on the board with all funds going directly to him. We intend to always be good tenants and whatever we can do to offset his cost is fine by all of us."

TEXANS84
04-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Awesome job Kevin, you da man.

Silver Oak
04-14-2009, 10:30 AM
it chills my heart to know I've donated to the TOMB, when they spew so much hatred at the Texans.

All in all though, gracious gesture Hook Em.

badboy
04-14-2009, 01:46 PM
My compliments to Kevin. Let's keep up with our part too as we should never be outdone. Hey where else do you get to talk with me for only $5?

swtbound07
04-14-2009, 02:13 PM
My compliments to Kevin. Let's keep up with our part too as we should never be outdone. Hey where else do you get to talk with me for only $5?

I can get you for 2.99, but only for a minute.

If I had known the other team was the titans, perhaps I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on a donation. JK...kinda

drewmar74
04-14-2009, 02:18 PM

If I had known the other team was the titans, perhaps I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on a donation. JK...kinda

Take the good with the bad, I guess. If I have to subsidize the TOMB to keep this board up.... well, I'll keep on sending my $5 per month.

badboy
04-14-2009, 02:28 PM

If I had known the other team was the titans, perhaps I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on a donation. JK...kindaAnd don't try to call me collect either! You are just too funny! Have you recovered from Ike? I was told the construction crews were to start re-model soon of my building and one behind
it. Still looks like Lebanon.

Texans_Chick
04-14-2009, 02:56 PM
So in other words, the Texans were cool in giving us the official MB board history to here so we could continue it and replace the aging MB that was the old TT.com.

And the Titans created some lame face book page, and the only way their official board could save itself was to ask for help of a cool Texan fan.

Dogs and cats living together indeed!

Seems to me that this is yet another illustration of how little concern Bud Adams and his organization has to its most dedicated fans. They can only hope that this is the worst of it. I've never really hated Titan fans--usually I just feel sorry for them because Bud is their owner. Man cares little about the fans other than lining his own pocketbooks.

Contributors are cool. :texflag:

Hervoyel
04-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Take the good with the bad, I guess. If I have to subsidize the TOMB to keep this board up.... well, I'll keep on sending my $5 per month.

It figures. They had to have our help to get a team in the first place. Now they need our help to talk about it.

Double Barrel
04-14-2009, 03:46 PM
ugh...now I feel all icky inside.

Props to Kevin for being a decent human being, but dern, it just had to be the ICOU, didn't it? :slap:

TITAN1
04-14-2009, 03:47 PM
It was the NFL, not Bud Adams. Thanks Kevin, you and I are living proof that diehard fans from different teams can be friends and get along just fine.

Hardcore Texan
04-14-2009, 04:00 PM
It was the NFL, not Bud Adams. Thanks Kevin, you and I are living proof that diehard fans from different teams can be friends and get along just fine.

Yeah, one of my real good friends is a titan fan, it can be hard to overlook sometimes....:)

drewmar74
04-14-2009, 04:08 PM
It figures. They had to have our help to get a team in the first place. Now they need our help to talk about it.

:spit:

ugh...now I feel all icky inside.

Props to Kevin for being a decent human being, but dern, it just had to be the ICOU, didn't it? :slap:

I felt like I needed to take a shower after reading that (kinda like that scene at the end of Texan_Bil's favorite movie - the Crying Game)

toronto
04-14-2009, 04:10 PM

Take it from me; this was a great offer from Kevin and as one of the originals that will hopefully turn the site into something as terrific as this place, I can only hope for the best and say thank you.

We Titan fans aren't all bad. :photos:

Yvette
04-14-2009, 04:25 PM
... and the only way their official board could save itself was to ask for help of a cool Texan fan.
The official TOMB tailgate, not the actual board.

Paul Kuharsky knew that but it's not as much fun, it made a better story and I love it. It's helped old friends find us and Kevin got some great publicity along the way, too :cool:

Before I forget and as it should be, we're subsidizing your site. We're cool with that too!

drewmar74
04-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Before I forget and as it should be, we're subsidizing your site. We're cool with that too!

Wow. Titans fans and Texans fans all working together for a common cause. Maybe this will end our contentious relationship and we'll all be able to sit around, enjoy a glass of chardonnay, and spend an evening talking about our feelings!

** if it works for us, and it works for y'all and I still have a board to screw around on while stuck at work, then so be it!

NitroGSXR
04-14-2009, 05:18 PM

Paul Kuharsky knew that but it's not as much fun, it made a better story and I love it. It's helped old friends find us and Kevin got some great publicity along the way, too :cool:

I'm glad that Hook'em did this. Really glad. I love fans of other teams helping other teams' fans. I'm not a Titans fan but what does that have to do with people who are Titans fans? Not much, really. We all love NFL football just the same. Let's play some football is what it's all about for me. If we can spread what we have here, I'm HAPPY with that.

I'm really proud of Hook'em. Props!

What does subsidizing the site mean? I have absolutely no idea what it means.

Thorn
04-14-2009, 05:47 PM
OK, so, I just clicked on that little green Donate link just to check it out, and found I can give directly on my credit card. Had I know that I wouldn't have used up a stamp to mail yall a check. LOL

Silver Oak
04-14-2009, 06:27 PM
well, let me stop all of this hugging and brotherhood crapola with a nice solid "Titans suck".

A Present and Future Contributor.

:texflag:

Kaiser Toro
04-14-2009, 06:32 PM
OK, so, I just clicked on that little green Donate link just to check it out, and found I can give directly on my credit card. Had I know that I wouldn't have used up a stamp to mail yall a check. LOL

Had I known it was that easy I would have done it sooner. Mine is in. :texflag:

Double Barrel
04-14-2009, 06:46 PM

No offense, Yvette, but this server was here before it was offered for your piggyback. I'd say that Texans fans are subsidizing your site.

We're cool with that, too, but mainly because we have no other choice. Times are tough, and Texans Talk standing in two feet of pig feces is better than no Texans Talk at all. ;)

PapaL
04-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Ebony and Ivory living in harmony.

Now don't just up and move "our" server to Tenessee in the middle of the night either or we will have BIG problems. =)

Well played folks. Texans fans have class.

Hookem Horns
04-15-2009, 12:39 AM
Yes, I am guilty. However this offer was to Yvette and company, not Bud Adams. They are merely victims as were at one time. ;)

In all seriousness, this move should benefit us both. By bringing in another fan base to our server it should lessen the financial burden in keeping this thing going. I don't expect as much from them (since their member base is much smaller than ours) however everything helps.

ObsiWan
04-15-2009, 01:59 PM
well, let me stop all of this hugging and brotherhood crapola with a nice solid "Titans suck".

A Present and Future Contributor.

I'm with you.
I had no idea my contribution would encourage all this touchy-feelie junk. I just want them to continue to be around for our constant (but tactful, we are Texans) needling when we take over the division.
:D

Vinny
04-15-2009, 02:29 PM
So in other words, the Texans were cool in giving us the official MB board history to here so we could continue it and replace the aging MB that was the old TT.com.

And the Titans created some lame face book page, and the only way their official board could save itself was to ask for help of a cool Texan fan.

Dogs and cats living together indeed!

Seems to me that this is yet another illustration of how little concern Bud Adams and his organization has to its most dedicated fans. They can only hope that this is the worst of it. I've never really hated Titan fans--usually I just feel sorry for them because Bud is their owner. Man cares little about the fans other than lining his own pocketbooks.

Contributors are cool. :texflag:I worked very, very hard on that migration and it almost didn't get done but it was a pretty unique situation (fan leadership negotiating with the official site leadership on this) but the Texans, the Texans web developer, Nick and our fans have zero disconnect and are all on the same page. Nick Schenck deserves all the credit and he really has the fans interest at heart and it isn't 'just a job' for Nick. Nick gave me his ear and let me build a case for the fans and to his credit we were able to keep our little fan society together and actually strengthen it as Kevin came into the picture with texanstalk.com. I worked with the Titans web development company for a few years also (they used to be the Texans web development team as well) and they were not as enthusiastic about the fan side of their product. I'm really proud of the fans as well as the Texans internet management team as everyone (especially Kevin) was helpful in making this happen.

badboy
04-16-2009, 08:24 AM
I think it is helpful if one of you keep the total percentage received each month where we can see it. If it appears there will a shortfall or something else is needed to maintain or improve the board,some of us are willing to go above our donation. I was leery of Paypal and sending a check at first. This system of not having to have a Paypal account to contribute made the difference for me.

whiskeyrbl
04-30-2009, 08:07 AM
You have probably noticed the new Donation feature. This a mod that will help us track donations and allow everyone to see how we are doing each month. Here are some things for everyone to know.

1.) You do not need to have a Paypal account to donate through Paypal. There is an area that says ...

2.) If you are uncomfortable with submitting a credit card online you can send a check. To do so send it to ...
Austin, Texas 78729

3.) If you are not planning to donate please do not click the green "Donate" link, click an amount and submit just out of curiosity. This creates an unconfirmed donation.

4.) For now the donation goal is set to $150 a month. Our actual expense is $300 per month. However I have allowed another NFL team to host their board on our server. I am hoping between both of us we can reach the $300 per month to cover this thing.

BTW, the goal thing is for all to see the how we are doing. We will not be pulling the plug if the goal is not met (unless we run out of money ;))

5.) If you do donate the donation goal bar does not automatically update. It must be manually confirmed by me. Once I receive an email from Paypal and I can confirm the donation I will update the donation bar. I will try to stay on top of this however feel free to PM me if a couple of days goes by and your donation is still not confirmed.

As always we always appreciate the donations and your support.

I will make a donation when I can. temporairily out of work due to a herniated disk in my neck and not sure when I will go back to work. It's not often when I feel a donation is a worthy cause but here I do.

old_man_1898
05-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Although i agree "Titans suck BIG TIME" with their drama queen qb. But i do have to admit that it was a very nice gesture for Kevin to allow them to share forums with us. You can't blame the fans if the owner broke the hearts of every single Houstonian. And besides, where else can we go make fun of them when we beat them on MNF this year??

ObsiWan
05-06-2009, 12:21 AM
I think it is helpful if one of you keep the total percentage received each month where we can see it. If it appears there will a shortfall or something else is needed to maintain or improve the board,some of us are willing to go above our donation. I was leery of Paypal and sending a check at first. This system of not having to have a Paypal account to contribute made the difference for me.

Excellent idea!

badboy
05-06-2009, 11:25 AM
I will make a donation when I can. temporairily out of work due to a herniated disk in my neck and not sure when I will go back to work. It's not often when I feel a donation is a worthy cause but here I do.I got you covered. I will donate for you tomorrow with mine. I will IM you concerning your neck as I may be able to offer help there. Steve

badboy
07-01-2009, 10:43 AM
You have probably noticed the new Donation feature. This a mod that will help us track donations and allow everyone to see how we are doing each month. Here are some things for everyone to know.

Austin, Texas 78729

BTW, the goal thing is for all to see the how we are doing. We will not be pulling the plug if the goal is not met (unless we run out of money ;))

5.) If you do donate the donation goal bar does not automatically update. It must be manually confirmed by me. Once I receive an email from Paypal and I can confirm the donation I will update the donation bar. I will try to stay on top of this however feel free to PM me if a couple of days goes by and your donation is still not confirmed.

As always we always appreciate the donations and your support.Just a reminder everyone that it is a new month and time to donate to the message board to keep this thing going! It is very inexpensive and most of us use it frequently so you get a good return on the investment.

Steve

scourge
07-02-2009, 12:25 PM
It would be much easier if you set it up for automatic withdrawls. That way I could set it and forget it.

Hookem Horns
07-02-2009, 01:07 PM
It would be much easier if you set it up for automatic withdrawls. That way I could set it and forget it.

There might be a way to do that through Paypal I will check. Thank you scourge and everyone else that has been supporting us financially!

The auto goal meter is set up at a $150 per month goal. It takes a little more than $300 a month to run this place and I was splitting the goal between us and the Titans site. Three months ago we exceeded our $150 goal to the point where our goals were met in advance each month until now. Hence no goal meter the last couple of months until this month (hence the goal meter kicking in for July).

We are still not making the $300 per mainly because of the Titans. It's no knock on them (despite them being Titans fans ;) ), it's just that they don't have the same membership numbers we have and are still getting that thing off the ground.

I might need to adjust the goals since we can pull more weight than them. If I do this I want all to know in advance why and that it isn't because our expenses have gone up.

badboy
07-02-2009, 01:51 PM
There might be a way to do that through Paypal I will check. Thank you scourge and everyone else that has been supporting us financially!

The auto goal meter is set up at a $150 per month goal. It takes a little more than $300 a month to run this place and I was splitting the goal between us and the Titans site. Three months ago we exceeded our $150 goal to the point where our goals were met in advance each month until now. Hence no goal meter the last couple of months until this month (hence the goal meter kicking in for July).

We are still not making the $300 per mainly because of the Titans. It's no knock on them (despite them being Titans fans ;) ), it's just that they don't have the same membership numbers we have and are still getting that thing off the ground.

I might need to adjust the goals since we can pull more weight than them. If I do this I want all to know in advance why and that it isn't because our expenses have gone up.Not to be crappy but with all the folks using the board, $300 should be easily taken care of. HH keep us informed how the donations are flowing. Most of us don't want to lose this MB.

scourge
07-02-2009, 03:22 PM

That is how it was set up through another site I donated to. Either individual donations or auto withdrawal. Both through PayPal. If you can get that set up, cool.

Texan_Bill
07-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Three months ago we exceeded our $150 goal to the point where our goals were met in advance each month until now. Hence no goal meter the last couple of months until this month (hence the goal meter kicking in for July).

On the upside; this morning when I logged on (~7:30ish) the goal meter was at 3%. Now at 3:30 it's up to 77% of the goal and it's only the 2nd.. That's pretty nice. So, if you adjust the goal, I think the new number would still be met.

And if I haven't said it in a while: Thanks for TexansTalk!!!

drewmar74
07-02-2009, 03:37 PM
And if I haven't said it in a while: Thanks for TexansTalk!!!

QFT!

My donation will be there around the 15th as usual.....

silvrhand
08-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Just out of curiousity but why so much for the monthly costs, seems a bit high for a couple vbulletin forums.

Hookem Horns
08-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Just out of curiousity but why so much for the monthly costs, seems a bit high for a couple vbulletin forums.

We are on a dedicated server. We've tried cheaper hosting solutions (lower end servers) in the past and have had problems because a busy board is a bandwidth hog. Some of the old timers here will remember some of those issues. I haven't found a shared server solution that would take us either because they don't want boards due to the the above issues I mentioned.

I have talked to several other NFL fan site hosts (some with less traffic than us) and they have had similar issues and had to upgrade as well because of their boards. The NFL has even had problems with their boards especially during the season (crawling, crashing, etc). Some teams have gotten rid of them altogether because they are a headache.

The dedicated server we are on now should never give us issues and hasn't since we moved in here. It is lightning fast. Maybe it is a little overkill but as long as people contribute and I can keep affording to make up the difference it's worth it to be here. However as I have mentioned before if someone has any cheaper hosting solution ideas I am open to hear about them as long as we don't compromise the quality of the experience here.

ObsiWan
08-06-2009, 07:50 PM

I might need to adjust the goals since we can pull more weight than them. If I do this I want all to know in advance why and that it isn't because our expenses have gone up.

What!?! My donations are carrying the Titans?!?!
hmmm.... I don't think I like that.

badboy
08-07-2009, 11:35 AM
We are on a dedicated server. We've tried cheaper hosting solutions (lower end servers) in the past and have had problems because a busy board is a bandwidth hog. Some of the old timers here will remember some of those issues. I haven't found a shared server solution that would take us either because they don't want boards due to the the above issues I mentioned.

I have talked to several other NFL fan site hosts (some with less traffic than us) and they have had similar issues and had to upgrade as well because of their boards. The NFL has even had problems with their boards especially during the season (crawling, crashing, etc). Some teams have gotten rid of them altogether because they are a headache.

The dedicated server we are on now should never give us issues and hasn't since we moved in here. It is lightning fast. Maybe it is a little overkill but as long as people contribute and I can keep affording to make up the difference it's worth it to be here. However as I have mentioned before if someone has any cheaper hosting solution ideas I am open to hear about them as long as we don't compromise the quality of the experience here.What we now have seems to be working fine and you should not have to make up the difference or even pay anything imo. Just you hosting is enough. 60 posters regardless of what team they follow can give $5. This site should be cruising in the black with enough cash left over for you to consider other things for board. Texans fans on this board are good people and we can do this. Titans contributions should be gravy.

Come on folks. Spring for $5!

Thorn
08-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Just sent you guys $20. That could have bought a lot of beer, so I hope you appreciate it. Just kidding. LOL

The donation tab is easy to use, and much better than writing out a check and mailing it. Glad to help out this board, I like it here. :)

Silver Oak
08-07-2009, 05:12 PM
had a change of heart and sent $10.

adding Tapatalk to the server swayed me. :cowboy1:

badboy
08-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Looks like we might have to do a TBN or Jerry Lewis style telethon. I think I can get Shakira to perform. SHe owes me. See, I caught her hips telling a lie.

badboy
09-01-2009, 01:40 PM
I realize it is the first day of the month, but just a reminder we need to keep this message board cruising on premium gasoline. Some of the new posters may not have read this thread about how we get to keep having fun and exchanging ideas and complaints about Texans and other things. So, everybody get your donation in. Don't want to see no begging and pleading from Hook'em. This dude has graciously given his time and money to start and keep this board running. Let's take a load off him and DONATE! Steve

silvrhand
09-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Just FYI as well, honestly we should look at different servers if it's really $300 a month, that's a very high rate for what this site generates IMHO. I could be wrong here cause I haven't seen the site bandwidth/stats requirements. I have built several ISP's in my career, so I'm very familiar with it.

$300 just seems like a lot a month to keep up. Also we should have a site donation check so we know how far behind, and how much we need so we can remember when we need to donate.

FYI: I'm not throwing stones cause running a site is a thankless jobs but I do think we should look at alternative hosting options.

JB
11-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Sorry to take so long, but I will try to be a monthly contributor if possible.....

economy sucks!

silvrhand
11-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Can you setup a subscription for $5/$10 every 3 months through paypal? Easier for those of us to donate instead of trying to remember each month.

Texan_Bill
11-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Should be done for this month, once processed. :) So, y'all can take down the auto goal meter, now. (at least for November).

GP
11-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Can we donate toward an NFL starter-caliber center? I'd pitch in about $300 bucks toward that and call my X-Mas shopping "Done."

ObsiWan
11-15-2009, 08:08 AM
http://www.texanstalk.com/images/paypal.gif

you're welcome

ObsiWan
12-30-2009, 03:21 PM
December donation is in.

GlassHalfFull
12-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the reminder. Mine just got sent in.

JB
12-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the reminder. Mine just got sent in.

ditto

JB
01-16-2010, 09:57 AM
http://www.texanstalk.com/images/paypal.gif

Your welcome.

Jan. sent in

Texan_Bill
04-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks Badboy for the reminder. I only donate a few times a year... Then again, I typically donate more than $10.00, $20.00 or even $30.00 at a time.

badboy
04-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks Badboy for the reminder. I only donate a few times a year... Then again, I typically donate more than $10.00, $20.00 or even $30.00 at a time.We all appreciate you TB but of course we like you money better! It is easy to forget about the doantion to keep this MB cruising, so I will post a reminder occasionally, usually right after I remember to send mine.

hobie
04-13-2010, 08:24 AM
Thanks Badboy for the reminder. I only donate a few times a year... Then again, I typically donate more than $10.00, $20.00 or even $30.00 at a time.

To the TT board or to the gals at the Gold Cup? :thinking:

Texan_Bill
04-23-2010, 09:30 PM
To the TT board or to the gals at the Gold Cup? :thinking:

Both my brother!!!

But on a serious note, I wanted to bump this considering ALL the new members that joined for the Draft. Keep in mind the purveyor of this site, Kevin aka Hookem, maintains the server out of his own house. He owns, and with the administration and moderating of a bunch of great folks, you nOObs will realize this is the best Texans board - evah!!!

DONATE!

Texan_Bill
04-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Both my brother!!!

But on a serious note, I wanted to bump this considering ALL the new members that joined for the Draft. Keep in mind the purveyor of this site, Kevin aka Hookem, maintains the server out of his own house. He owns, and with the administration and moderating of a bunch of great folks, you nOObs will realize this is the best Texans board - evah!!!

DONATE!

:foottap:

*BUMP again*

Texan_Bill
04-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Just what I figured, the nOObs have nothing!!!

JB
04-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Just what I figured, the nOObs have nothing!!!

Chill dide, they will get around to it... or :bat:

Texan_Bill
04-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Chill dide, they will get around to it... or :bat:

:foottap:... Why, and what is a dide? :D

imatexan
04-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Just made my donation!

TexCanada
04-23-2010, 11:12 PM
I'll donate when I'm done school for the semester in a couple weeks and start working full time for the summer.

SmoochyTX
04-25-2010, 10:43 AM
$10 donation done! :)

ObsiWan
04-25-2010, 10:55 AM
I kicked in my usual...

DexmanC
07-07-2010, 01:41 PM
I kicked in $20 on July 2. It feels good, actually.
I'll definitely be kickin' in some dollars during the season.

badboy
07-07-2010, 01:46 PM
I kicked in $20 on July 2. It feels good, actually.
I'll definitely be kickin' in some dollars during the season.I was just about to post a reminder, thanks Dexman. Hopefully enough are supporting this MB that Hookem has no worries. Come on, everyone, this is a viewer supported recreational spot. Pull up your lounge chairs and drop a few bucks here! Steve

JB
07-07-2010, 02:24 PM
I was just about to post a reminder, thanks Dexman. Hopefully enough are supporting this MB that Hookem has no worries. Come on, everyone, this is a viewer supported recreational spot. Pull up your lounge chairs and drop a few bucks here! Steve

I try to drop in at least $20 every month, though I am sure I have forgotten some. But I did remember this month

Dutchrudder
07-07-2010, 02:36 PM
If you don't donate to the forum, Hookem will change all the banners to pictures of Bud Adams naked. Please give now and give often!

/in for 10

PapaL
07-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the reminder. In!

Hookem Horns
07-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks for all the support guys! It's all of you that keep this place up and running.

BTW, if I had naked pics of Bud that wouldn't say a whole lot about me. :)

JB
07-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Thanks for all the support guys! It's all of you that keep this place up and running.

Actually, that would say a whole lot about you.... :smiliedance:

brakos82
07-07-2010, 06:55 PM

Actually, that would say a whole lot about you.... :smiliedance:

:hobie:

PapaL
07-07-2010, 07:16 PM
:hobie:

^ Knows about :hobie: ^

Texan_Bill
07-07-2010, 07:37 PM
If you don't donate to the forum, Hookem will change all the banners to pictures of Bud Adams naked. Please give now and give often!

/in for 10

:spit: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo!!! *clicks link*

Texan_Bill
07-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Donation made....... *Now, runs to the bathroom to throw up at the visual left by Dutchrudder*

CloakNNNdagger
07-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Done.

gary
07-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Put me down for ten or 15.

Texan_Bill
07-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Put me down for ten or 15.

Only if your Mom deposits my check!! :foottap:

badboy
07-08-2010, 02:14 PM

BTW, if I had naked pics of Bud that wouldn't say a whole lot about me. :)Are the Tennessee fans still contributing? If not, let us know and we can have a barn dance or cake sale or just donate more.

Hookem Horns
07-14-2010, 12:29 AM
Are the Tennessee fans still contributing? If not, let us know and we can have a barn dance or cake sale or just donate more.

Not as much however they have a much smaller user base.

badboy
07-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Not as much however they have a much smaller user base.Ok, but I am more interested if you are getting enough to cover your expenses or do posters need to step up the donations?

Hookem Horns
07-15-2010, 11:17 PM
Ok, but I am more interested if you are getting enough to cover your expenses or do posters need to step up the donations?

Some months we do some months we don't. However I haven't had any issue making up the difference on the off months since that is my way of donating too. If I ever get in trouble I know all I have to do is make it known and you guys will kick in. I really do appreciate the awareness and concern.

From the beginning the core group of posters here have been very generous with donations and that is always very appreciated by me.

Cjeremy635
07-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Some months we do some months we don't. However I haven't had any issue making up the difference on the off months since that is my way of donating too. If I ever get in trouble I know all I have to do is make it known and you guys will kick in. I really do appreciate the awareness and concern.

From the beginning the core group of posters here have been very generous with donations and that is always very appreciated by me.

I just donated $20.00 after reading the thread about the old board. It's the least I could do and I'd hate for something to happen to this place. Thanks for all you do in keeping this site going!

Thorn
08-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Yall just got 50 bucks from me. :)

Now then, as a result, I demand the ability to ban someone. LOL

Cjeremy635
08-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Yall just got 50 bucks from me. :)

Now then, as a result, I demand the ability to ban someone. LOL

I'm still waiting for my name to turn green so I can HULK out! :aggressive:

kiwitexansfan
08-06-2010, 07:47 PM
One of the bonuses about being here in the US is that I have a US paypal account I can hit TT.com up with a donation now and then.

Cjeremy635
08-27-2010, 04:19 PM
I just donated $20.00 after reading the thread about the old board. It's the least I could do and I'd hate for something to happen to this place. Thanks for all you do in keeping this site going!

My name still hasn't turned green from the donation over a month ago. Did it not go through? I got a receipt from paypal and everything. Let me know if something happened Hookem.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Old School
08-27-2010, 06:56 PM
My name still hasn't turned green from the donation over a month ago. Did it not go through? I got a receipt from paypal and everything. Let me know if something happened Hookem.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Sorry CJ, some people are just not meant to be green!! :D :D

Texas T
08-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Is that the deal with the "green" names?
I wasn't sure-I donated a while back (guess its time again)-thanks for the bump and reminder.

Travis

Cush
09-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Just donated 10$ - Longtime Texans fan but new to this site, glad I'm on board.

Texan_Bill
09-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Kevin, just sent a donation since it's been a little while. I figured it at about $20.00 per month for, well, let's just say several months! ;)

Again, I'm not sure if I have said it enough, but thank YOU for TexansTalk and all the Admins and Mods for running the best site in the NFL message board world!!

Hookem Horns
09-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks guys, as always I appreciate the financial support!

Texan_Bill
09-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Thanks guys, as always I appreciate the financial support!

Whatever we do, it's still NOT enough!!

hobie
09-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Just dropped you a few bucks... enjoy the beer money or use for the site, you do enough around here, either way, I good with whatever choice you make !!

TexanExile
09-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Likewise...sent my $ in on Wednesday. Thanks for making this site my lifeline to Texans fans while I'm living in hostile territory!

Thorn
09-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Just sent yall $50 to help pay for the repairs. Thanks for all you guys do to keep this place going. :)

ATXtexanfan
09-21-2010, 07:11 PM
just sent $50 bucks also. sorry its been a while. freaked out when i couldn't get on yesterday. thanks

Texan_Bill
09-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Kevin, I'm sending some this evening....

*EDIT*

Done.

Pollardized
09-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Just sent some. Thanks for everything!

Hookem Horns
09-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Thank you guys!

Ryan
09-22-2010, 12:07 AM
I will be sure to chip in what i can as soon as possible!

Grams
09-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Just sent a donation - said 3-5 days.

Sure did miss this site while it was down. The "official" board is not near the same as this one.

Thanks for all you do for us fans.

MoCityBull
09-22-2010, 07:52 PM
sent a small donation a couple days ago...thanks, great site!

badboy
09-23-2010, 02:39 PM
What we need to do is keep the donations going in a regular manner so Kevin has better grasp on what he has monthly. If many folks that use this site would just do a small donation all costs could easily be met. I try to send mine in the first of the month just like the rent payment. I doubt many of us get more for our money somewhere else sports or otherwise. Let's not hope a crash or a OMG reminder jogs us to send the cash in.

mattieuk
09-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Sent some over (providing it gets past international clearance).

Thanks to everyone that makes this place work. Keeps a lot of us out of towner, out of state and out of country folk connected!

gtexan02
09-24-2010, 07:11 AM
I send my donation every day in the form of amazing posts filled with useful information and witty banter. That right there is worth at least $50-$75 a day.

Only kidding :)

I'm making a donation as we speak. I'll try and be more regular about it too. Looking at my post count, I owe you a lot more than I can ever provide

Kaiser Toro
09-24-2010, 08:49 AM
Just donated. :texflag:

Texan_Bill
09-25-2010, 12:12 AM
I donated.... :D

DexmanC
09-26-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm just not used to the Texans beating good teams early in the season.
The Cowboys are gonna throw EVERYTHING THEY'VE GOT at the Texans.

cc_me
09-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Wow. Great for you guys! Our board seems to be filled with people who either have nothing to give or don't want to give. Either way, we are struggling. We have over 30,000 registered members and yet we get very little donations from folks who spend most every waking hour on the site. We shall see what the future holds. Sigh.

See ya'll next week!

Hookem Horns
09-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Wow. Great for you guys! Our board seems to be filled with people who either have nothing to give or don't want to give. Either way, we are struggling. We have over 30,000 registered members and yet we get very little donations from folks who spend most every waking hour on the site. We shall see what the future holds. Sigh.

See ya'll next week!

Yeah, our fans have been very generous and supportive. I see your site is down, do you have outages when the traffic gets high? We started having that issue last week so we had to upgrade the server. These boards are memory hogs and can be very taxing on a server.

cc_me
09-26-2010, 11:02 PM
Yeah, our fans have been very generous and supportive. I see your site is down, do you have outages when the traffic gets high? We started having that issue last week so we had to upgrade the server. These boards are memory hogs and can be very taxing on a server.

It is verrrry slow during games, draft time, etc. Otherwise we rarely have a problem. 1200-1500 members on at a time taxes everything though. And all they do is complain about it. Everyone wants something great for free. I do too, but there comes a time that you have to weigh all your options. We are there now.

Hookem Horns
09-26-2010, 11:25 PM
It is verrrry slow during games, draft time, etc. Otherwise we rarely have a problem. 1200-1500 members on at a time taxes everything though. And all they do is complain about it. Everyone wants something great for free. I do too, but there comes a time that you have to weigh all your options. We are there now.

Are you on shared hosting? The only way to run a smooth board is run your own box. However without donations it is a big ticket to shell out each month. Do you do advertising or anything else to help with costs?

hobie
09-28-2010, 04:26 PM
I donated.... :D

Yeah, and we really do not want to hear of what and at what clinic it was at either..

Texan_Bill
09-28-2010, 05:12 PM
Yeah, and we really do not want to hear of what and at what clinic it was at either..

I'm not sure if it's considered a donation, or a deposit.. :thinking:

JB
09-28-2010, 05:43 PM
I'm not sure if it's considered a donation, or a deposit.. :thinking:

No refunds either way! :texanbill:

cc_me
09-30-2010, 12:11 AM
Are you on shared hosting? The only way to run a smooth board is run your own box. However without donations it is a big ticket to shell out each month. Do you do advertising or anything else to help with costs?

The owner runs all his own stuff, And advertising dollars dried up considerably. See, the Raider Nation is world wide. Our fans aren't at all in any one geographical area so there isn't any local advertisers. Anyway some thing will happen. That I know. Btw, winning cures EVERYTHING. I hope we find a cure soon ;-)

badboy
09-30-2010, 01:20 PM
The owner runs all his own stuff, And advertising dollars dried up considerably. See, the Raider Nation is world wide. Our fans aren't at all in any one geographical area so there isn't any local advertisers. Anyway some thing will happen. That I know. Btw, winning cures EVERYTHING. I hope we find a cure soon ;-)You could send us a 2nd round draft choice for Steve Slaton and have folks advertise on the football. As he fumbles it and it rolls around the field with millions of people reading the advertising, that could bring you all sorts of income. BTW, thanks in advance for the draft pick.

Hookem Horns
09-30-2010, 01:22 PM
advertising dollars dried up considerably.

Advertising dollars? What is that?

cc_me
09-30-2010, 08:43 PM
Advertising dollars? What is that?

I meant pennies, lol.

Hookem Horns
09-30-2010, 11:08 PM
I meant pennies, lol.

Yeah, that is what we got when we did Google ads. The only advertisers willing to pay any real money are sports gambling outfits. However I don't agree with sports gambling so I always refuse them.

Dutchrudder
10-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Found out yesterday that I get to keep my job, yay! Company just went through a bit of a downsizing, so it's a relief to know I'm staying put. Threw some cash in the donate pile, and now for some Big League Chew!

AnthonyE
10-06-2010, 03:59 AM
Just sent over 10 dollars. Sorry it wasn't more, but being a college student I have to save some of my money for food!
:cow:

ObsiWan
10-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Just sent over 10 dollars. Sorry it wasn't more, but being a college student I have to save some of my money for food!
:cow:

You chose food over football!?!
You need to rethink your priorities!!

:sarcasm:

Stemp
10-07-2010, 01:33 PM
I kicked in some extra money I had in my Paypal account. It's not much, but at least I'm not a freeloader anymore. :spin:

Stemp
10-11-2010, 03:01 PM
So am I ever going to get my name in green?

Khari
10-11-2010, 03:07 PM
So am I ever going to get my name in green?

maybe

badboy
10-11-2010, 03:12 PM
So am I ever going to get my name in green?Not sure but I think you have to be considered a regular contributor.

ZachLV27
10-26-2010, 02:26 PM
I know you possibly already know about this Hookem, but the Titans side of this board did a little money gathering this weekend through pledges. The pledges were contingent on things like $5 per Titans TD.

http://www.titanstailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?3794-Eagles-Titans-money-for-TT

It was a little added fun to go along with donating the money.

JB
10-26-2010, 02:35 PM
I know you possibly already know about this Hookem, but the Titans side of this board did a little money gathering this weekend through pledges. The pledges were contingent on things like $5 per Titans TD.

http://www.titanstailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?3794-Eagles-Titans-money-for-TT

That is a pretty cool idea! We should do the same here...

Old School
10-26-2010, 05:32 PM
That is a pretty cool idea! We should do the same here...

Would that be for every touchdown we score or give up? I can't afford it if we are talking about what we give up!

Hookem Horns
10-26-2010, 05:48 PM

Actually I did not know about that. I saw some donations come from that side however I thought Yvette was doing her annual cracking the whip over there. That's actually pretty cool and to think I was cussing after every Titans TD ... lol.

What we can do on this board is donate $1 for every passing yard given up by our defense. The better our defense does, the less everyone pays! How about that?

We can start this Monday night vs Payton!

JB
10-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Would that be for every touchdown we score or give up? I can't afford it if we are talking about what we give up!

The way they did it over there was each person made a pledge amount for whatever. Some pledged X amount for each sack, turnovers, TD's etc...

A lot included bonus donations for a win.

For instance, one could pledge $5 for each sack, $5 for each turnover and an extra $25 if we win.

Just an example.

I think they raised a nice chunk of change for Kevin.

JB
10-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Actually I did not know about that. I saw some donations come from that side however I thought Yvette was doing her annual cracking the whip over there. That's actually pretty cool and to think I was cussing after every Titans TD ... lol.

What we can do on this board is donate $1 for every passing yard given up by our defense. The better our defense does, the less everyone pays! How about that?

We can start this Monday night vs Payton!

:D Can we deduct $1 for each passing yard Schaub has?

BigBull17
10-27-2010, 01:07 PM
I'll take the 5 bucks per int. God knows we are allergic to play making.

Kaiser Toro
10-27-2010, 01:12 PM
I would definitely participate in a matching program. If we do it, I would recommend we keep it simple to maybe one offensive and one defensive stat per game. Perhaps the metrics are something that is voted on based on our member's dialogue on keys to the game.

JB
10-27-2010, 01:31 PM
I will pledge $5 per sack and $5 per rushing TD. Additional $20 for the win!

toronto
10-27-2010, 09:59 PM
I pledged one buck for every point the Titans won by plus 5 bucks for a W. Finnegan's pick 6 cost me 7 extra bucks to help ya hate me some more :):slapfight:

JB
10-27-2010, 10:13 PM
I pledged one buck for every point the Titans won by plus 5 bucks for a W. Finnegan's pick 6 cost me 7 extra bucks to help ya hate me some more :):slapfight:

Never hate ya buddy!

Won't like you much a few weeks of the year, but no hate. :D

badboy
10-28-2010, 12:18 PM

We can start this Monday night vs Payton!Hope you enjoy your new sports car.

Hookem Horns
10-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Hope you enjoy your new sports car.

If we do the passing yards given up thing? Forget the sports car, I am retiring!

If all 9000 plus members participate, the Texans give up only 400 yards. That would be total donations of around $3,600,000?

OK, I can do this. If we pull that off you guys have a dedicated webmaster. This site will have my full attention and I will close my other business.

badboy
10-29-2010, 08:38 AM
If we do the passing yards given up thing? Forget the sports car, I am retiring!

If all 9000 plus members participate, the Texans give up only 400 yards. That would be total donations of around $3,600,000?

OK, I can do this. If we pull that off you guys have a dedicated webmaster. This site will have my full attention and I will close my other business.Now you are seeing the whole picture and thinking globally. I always say if you are gonna dream, dream big. It worked for Pamela Anderson, it will work for you.

Texan_Bill
12-31-2010, 09:27 PM
Just threw TT a few bucks towards 2011... Thanks Kevin, Admins and Mods!!!! Love y'all - whether you piss me off or not!! ;)

JB
01-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Another reminder for all of you who have forgotten we are now in 2011. Time to step up and show your support!

Thorn
01-31-2011, 07:56 PM
Another reminder for all of you who have forgotten we are now in 2011. Time to step up and show your support!

OK, just sent yall some money. I think the admins should set up prizes or something. Say, like a $50 donation and you can ban your choice of posters for a few days. Or, a $100 donation and Bill has to have a picture of Vince Young for his avatar and a "I Love Vince" sig for a week. :lol:

JB
01-31-2011, 09:29 PM
OK, just sent yall some money. I think the admins should set up prizes or something. Say, like a $50 donation and you can ban your choice of posters for a few days. Or, a $100 donation and Bill has to have a picture of Vince Young for his avatar and a "I Love Vince" sig for a week. :lol:

infantrycak
02-02-2011, 06:27 PM

You aren't trying hard enough. $1000 and Bill has to have Vince Young sausage.

mancunian
02-03-2011, 10:47 AM
annual donation on its way via paypal

Old School
02-04-2011, 04:06 PM
I still say that we should have something around draft time. A party with some things to raffel off. All proceeds going to TT. We could even offer stupid crap like Bill eating some of Vince's sausages and get people to donate a buck (or $5) a link!! Get enough beer into the masses and they will throw money at anything!!

ATXtexanfan
03-17-2011, 05:48 PM
sorry its been a while hookem

Texan_Bill
03-18-2011, 07:26 PM

You aren't trying hard enough. $1000 and Bill has to have Vince Young sausage.

:foottap:

I just had my taxes done, and will be donating again, shortly!

HoustonFrog
03-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Just put in some..thanks again for all the work :toast2:

Thorn
04-22-2011, 06:47 PM
It took me three godamn tryies, probably becuae I am not very sober, to get this one thourgh. As always, I'm glad to support this site. Keep up the good work everyone. :)

ATXtexanfan
04-24-2011, 12:39 PM
another twenty, thanks for the site

Thorn
05-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Keep our favorite BBS going here folks. :)

As to my latest donation, I expect the following:

All my posts will be agreed with, and praised for the obvious correct opinion that is mine.

I shall have all my beers and food paid for at the next TexansTalk meet up.

TexansTalk will immediatly be renamed to ThornTalk.com

I think that will be fine for a start. :tease:

badboy
05-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Keep our favorite BBS going here folks. :)

As to my latest donation, I expect the following:

All my posts will be agreed with, and praised for the obvious correct opinion that is mine.

I shall have all my beers and food paid for at the next TexansTalk meet up.

TexansTalk will immediatly be renamed to ThornTalk.com

I think that will be fine for a start. :tease:You know you are becoming a real thorn in the side...:spit:

Thorn
05-26-2011, 08:05 PM
You know you are becoming a real thorn in the side...:spit:

that's me, for sure. LOL

It's a tough job being an *******, but it's something I do well.

ATXtexanfan
07-07-2011, 06:52 PM
$20

Thorn
08-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Glad to help you guys. :)

Grams
08-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Sent in a few more coins - Love this site - You guys do a fantastic job.

Thanks

:bravo:

ATXtexanfan
08-04-2011, 04:53 PM
another tewnty twen twen

DoCRoN
08-04-2011, 10:18 PM
I dropped in $10, in ain't much but it's somethin..

Hookem Horns
08-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Thanks guys! Every bit helps!

badboy
09-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Just another reminder as it is a new month to donate to this MB. We seem to be adding new posters daily and many probably do not know the work that Kevin (site owner)Hook'em Horns and the moderators do behind the scenes to allow us this unique message board experience. So newbies and old salts click on the donate icon and put a litle something down.

Steve

House of Pain
09-03-2011, 09:41 PM
I dropped a $20 yesterday and anxiously await my name to turn green

badboy
09-03-2011, 09:48 PM
I dropped a $20 yesterday and anxiously await my name to turn greenI got your back and we will wait breathlessly together my friend. If I miss it will you start a thread?

House of Pain
09-05-2011, 03:29 AM
I got your back and we will wait breathlessly together my friend. If I miss it will you start a thread?

Never leave a man behind is my motto

ObsiWan
09-05-2011, 04:12 AM
I'm in.

ObsiWan
09-05-2011, 11:45 AM
whew!! good to know..

???

ObsiWan
09-05-2011, 08:13 PM
I got your back and we will wait breathlessly together my friend. If I miss it will you start a thread?

What does it mean when your name is green?

badboy
09-05-2011, 09:06 PM
What does it mean when your name is green?I have no clue and only look at other folks' name if I want to send a pm. I am focusing on the stuff about 3 inches to the right. :barman:

ObsiWan
09-06-2011, 10:51 AM
I have no clue and only look at other folks' name if I want to send a pm. I am focusing on the stuff about 3 inches to the right. :barman:

but, but.... your name is green...
:chef:

badboy
09-07-2011, 09:25 PM
but, but.... your name is green...
:chef:Yep and I am cute too but I don't know what that means either. :ahhaha:

Section516
09-07-2011, 10:23 PM
My name is green too! Must be the herpes!

Or, it means you've donated before :truck:

badboy
09-07-2011, 10:24 PM
My name is green too! Must be the herpes!

Or, it means you've donated before :truck:No, I think you have herpes. :bubbles:

ObsiWan
09-08-2011, 01:38 AM
No, I think you have herpes. :bubbles:
Must be herpes, because I've donated before (within the last week actually). ...and I'm cute too. But I don't have herpes.

ATXtexanfan
09-08-2011, 06:22 PM
my junk has been green for a while now

ObsiWan
09-09-2011, 07:01 AM
my junk has been green for a while now

Maybe you should get that checked...
...you know, see a doctor or something
:kitten:

JGarza #70
09-13-2011, 09:39 AM
I just dropped a 20. down.. I really like the info on this site!! Thanks!!:handshake:

Hookem Horns
09-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Again thanks to all of you who have donated to the site! There has been an issue with the system that personally tells me who donates so I have been relying on this thread to know who some of you are. I now have that fixed.

When I get a confirmation from Paypal it just tells me the real name of the person which often I don't associate with the screen name.

So if I missed personally thanking any of you I apologize. Also future donators will be turning green (the automated system will now do that).

If you have donated in the past and want to be green just send me a PM and I will take care of that. If you have turned green however do not want to be green I can fix that as well. ;)

Texan_Bill
09-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Kevin,

I owe TexansTalk.com a new re-up. It may not be in the amounts as in the past as business has been slow.... Really slow.

That said, you will be receiving somthing from me in the very near future!! BET!!!

Hookem Horns
09-22-2011, 12:11 AM
Kevin,

I owe TexansTalk.com a new re-up. It may not be in the amounts as in the past as business has been slow.... Really slow.

That said, you will be receiving somthing from me in the very near future!! BET!!!

Bill, I think you are good for about the next 5 years. ;) You have done way more than your fair share.

BTW, many of you have asked me if there is a way to make automatic monthly donations like a subscription. We have that set up now for any that wish to contribute in this way. In the navigation bar in the header you will now see a link called "Automatic Monthly Contribution". Click that and subscribe. This is through Paypal and you can login to your Paypal account at any time and stop the autopay if you wish to cancel.

Texan_Bill
09-22-2011, 08:18 AM
HA!!! The Irony Kevin is that the color of the newly created "Subscribed Contributor" is maroon!!! "Hook 'em!" :D

That said, I'm honored to be the first.

Thorn
09-22-2011, 09:27 AM
I like being green better than maroon, so I guess I'll just have to rely on my razor sharp memory to keep sending contributions. :lol:

Texan_Bill
09-22-2011, 09:28 AM
I like being green better than maroon, so I guess I'll just have to rely on my razor sharp memory to keep sending contributions. :lol:

You're just jealous!! :texanbill:

Hookem Horns
09-22-2011, 11:47 AM
HA!!! The Irony Kevin is that the color of the newly created "Subscribed Contributor" is maroon!!! "Hook 'em!" :D

I didn't mention how to become VIP member that is burnt orange?

Texan_Bill
09-22-2011, 01:04 PM

Darn you!! :vincepalm:

Dutchrudder
09-22-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm subscribing. Maroon name FTW!!!!

http://www.ceramicdinos.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/txam-pumpkin1-300x300.jpg

Hookem Horns
09-22-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm subscribing. Maroon name FTW!!!!

http://www.ceramicdinos.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/txam-pumpkin1-300x300.jpg

OK .. don't make me change the color to pink now. ;)

Kimmy
09-22-2011, 02:27 PM
OK .. don't make me change the color to pink now. ;)

Do it! LOL I love pink :)

Kimmy
09-22-2011, 02:29 PM
I subscribed. I will increase the amount once I recover from & finish paying off the vacations :)

hobie
09-22-2011, 03:18 PM

Not to worry there Hookem..... Bill has the VIP info down pat !!

hobie
09-22-2011, 03:20 PM

I'm pretty sure you won't ever be saying that again !!

Ryan
09-22-2011, 03:25 PM
I just dropped some in. I should have started with the automatic monthly but i guess i'll start that next time.

Hookem Horns
09-22-2011, 04:23 PM
OK ... Subscribed Contributors will be Texans "Steel Blue" now. I don't want people to think we are showing favorites to our Aggie fan base. ;)

Dutchrudder
09-22-2011, 04:28 PM
OK ... Subscribed Contributors will be Texans "Steel Blue" now. I don't want people to think we are showing favorites to our Aggie fan base. ;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Can I be Maroon at least?

:kitten:

Edit: the Texan's logo next to the name would be pretty sweet too.

texanfan2002114
09-22-2011, 04:39 PM
I just became an Automatic Monthly Contributor. It isn't much and I hope it helps Kevin! Thank you for the site and thank you to all the mods that help you keep it clean and fun!!

BIG TORO
09-22-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm on your AMC program Kevin happy to help!

Farough
09-22-2011, 05:20 PM
I don't post much but I come here for a lot of my Texans info. Love the site..

badboy
09-22-2011, 06:32 PM
Best place to get your sports and other news, mingle with some good folks and check out my always early Texans mocks and trade rumors that I start. And for a cheap price.

infantrycak
09-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Just want to say thanks to everyone who helps this place exist, obviously first Hookem, but everyone who contributes with commentary or financially as each is able.

I think we have the best NFL site around. Thank you Hookem, Vinny (damn glad to have you back), Khari. I don't think people really appreciate how much you do to have this community.

Grams
09-22-2011, 09:09 PM
I signed up for monthly contribution also. Nice to not have to remember to donate.

This is the best site!!

Thanks
:fans:

AnthonyE
09-23-2011, 02:35 AM
I went ahead and signed up for monthly contribution as well. It's not much, but I hope it helps. :D

Hookem Horns
09-23-2011, 03:22 AM
Great, thanks guys. I am glad everyone appreciates this place and I appreciate all of the financial contributions from regular members and the time contributions from the Mods.

When I am up at 3:15 am working on this thing it makes it worth it.

I would love for my real online business to be this satisfying and those clients to be as appreciative as you guys are.

Now if I could get about 1000 of you to kick in $5 a month I would make this my full time job. ;)

Thorn
09-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Well, hell, I went ahead and signed up for the monthly thing. I can't stand being one-uped by Bill. As soon as this thing makes its rounds through cyber space, I'll have my new look.

Suck it Bill, I'm now a monthly contributor as well. :lol:

ObsiWan
09-25-2011, 10:07 AM
Well, hell, I went ahead and signed up for the monthly thing. I can't stand being one-uped by Bill. As soon as this thing makes its rounds through cyber space, I'll have my new look.

Suck it Bill, I'm now a monthly contributor as well. :lol:

Wait, what?
...there's a monthly thing....??

NitroGSXR
09-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Just want to say thanks to everyone who helps this place exist, obviously first Hookem, but everyone who contributes with commentary or financially as each is able.

I think we have the best NFL site around. Thank you Hookem, Vinny (damn glad to have you back), Khari. I don't think people really appreciate how much you do to have this community.

Disagree. We would not be the best if we did not appreciate each other.

Thorn
09-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Wait, what?
...there's a monthly thing....??

Look beside the green donate link on the title bar. :)

House of Pain
09-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks for making me green

badboy
09-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Thanks for making me greenIf you are happy and you know it, clap your hands! :bravo:

Kthx
11-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Just wanted to say as someone who has visited this site as a guest and numerous other cities forums just to read some stuff about my team and the teams were playing that this is easily the best looking and easiest to navigate site of its kind around. Once I can donate I will. Thanks to the admin for running it.

ATXtexanfan
11-16-2011, 05:18 PM
dropped a twenty, forgot about the auto thing, will hit that next time

PsychoLove
11-17-2011, 02:33 PM
I "made it rain" for this month! :tiphat:

Kimmy
12-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Just noticed the new banner at the top of TT ... I like it!

Jaysol
12-15-2011, 03:13 PM
First automatic payment went through today. I really enjoy the site, and look forward to it being here for many years to come!

Hopefully you're close to getting your 1000 automatic payments. Live the dream!

SmoochyTX
01-05-2012, 05:01 PM
I just tossed a chunk of change your way. Thanks for all you do! :clap:

amazing80
01-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Just made a small donation, I expect full immunity now BWAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, keep up the good work and let me know if you need help with anything. :clap:

scourge
01-16-2012, 02:11 PM
I signed up for monthly, too... Sad it took me so long considering I was one who was constantly saying in the beginning that there should be an automatic contribution set up.:kitten:

HOU-TEX
01-27-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm finally signed up for monthly. Can someone verify that my dumbass did it correctly?

badboy
01-27-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm finally signed up for monthly. Can someone verify that my dumbass did it correctly?

You can send it to me every month and I'll forward it.........:pop:

HOU-TEX
01-31-2012, 09:17 AM
Thanks, Hookem.

Y'all do an awesome job! Happy I can finally chip in a little.

Jaysol
01-31-2012, 04:48 PM
Subscribed back in December. Two monthly payments have gone through. When exactly does my name change colors?

badboy
02-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Subscribed back in December. Two monthly payments have gone through. When exactly does my name change colors?

I think the procedure is you have to jump down, turn around, pick a bale of cotton first. Seriously, the explanation was given earlier in this thread so you can do a bit of research. I think it just takes a bit of time and should be soon. As a regular on this MB I appreciate your donation and others as this is a great source of info and entertainment.

badboy
02-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Just a reminder to all that the first is soon and hope all donate who can. Just because it is the off season and info slows we don't want to slow the flow of green in pipeline. This site rocks!

Hookem Horns
02-29-2012, 01:01 AM

Sorry Jaysol ... this is supposed to happen automatically and it apparantly isn't working. I have been real busy with work and haven't been on very much lately.

Please PM me your email address that you subscribed through Paypal with and I will change this for you.

That goes for anyone else that has subscribed. I will manually change you guys over to that status.

BTW, thanks for the support guys! The Google ads did fairly well during the exciting part of the season however their yield has dropped quite a bit since the season ended (which is to be expected).

Ruinondd
02-29-2012, 01:24 AM
/feels like an idiot. I have adblock for chrome and never set this site up to be excluded. Never even realized you had google ads going to help pay for the site. Problem remedied. Apologies Hookem.

Hookem Horns
02-29-2012, 01:58 AM
/feels like an idiot. I have adblock for chrome and never set this site up to be excluded. Never even realized you had google ads going to help pay for the site. Problem remedied. Apologies Hookem.

NP man, a lot of people block ads. Google ads never performed in the past so I kept them off for years. However Google dramatically improved their system so I put them back this season. For the most part they are relevant now. I personally see them and many are relevant to my interest.

SmoochyTX
02-29-2012, 06:46 PM
Just a reminder to all that the first is soon and hope all donate who can. Just because it is the off season and info slows we don't want to slow the flow of green in pipeline. This site rocks!

Yes this place does rock! Another $20 donated! :hurrah:

badboy
04-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Hey, folks! It's first of the month. Let's kick in donations and support our message board. It rocks and keeps most of us off streets and out of jail. We seem to have a lot of new people coming on board that might not know this board is run by Kevin and a bunch of mods who give a lot of time. Thanks as always to all of you that make it happen.

SCOTTexans
04-04-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm liking it so far ... :fingergun: I just sent in a donation

Texans_Chick
05-29-2012, 04:52 PM
OTA's people. Start of the new league year.

Have you donated to Texans Talk recently? It makes the world a better place. :shades:

Brisco_County
06-01-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm on the automatic monthly. And I'll be contributing cocktails at the bluecrew tailgates.

hobie
06-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Just over 7 weeks til the first Pre-Season game... let's make sure this place is funded well... $5 minimum is all it takes folks... let's get a bunch of new people to donate this season...

badboy
06-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Just over 7 weeks til the first Pre-Season game... let's make sure this place is funded well... $5 minimum is all it takes folks... let's get a bunch of new people to donate this season...Yeah, everyday I say stay off MB for a day or two and then I say well just visit a thread or two...

Might as well face it, I'm addicted to TexanTalk.

michaelm
06-28-2012, 02:56 PM
I just threw in a 10 spot. Not much, but every little bit helps...

badboy
06-28-2012, 09:19 PM
I just threw in a 10 spot. Not much, but every little bit helps...It's like eating a big ol porterhouse. Doesn't matter how big the bite as long as you keep at it. If most of us (who can) regularly contribute, site should be sound and Kevin can depend on steady income to keep Texanstalk moving right along.

Texan_Bill
06-28-2012, 09:25 PM
I've donated a dollar or two.... I need to get back into helping out!

AND the rest of you SHOULD, especially ........... well, "YOU" people!!

Thorn
06-30-2012, 07:10 PM
I don't really contribute, I just give them bribe money to put that little Texan thingie by my name. :)

badboy
08-31-2012, 03:01 PM
Know it's a holiday weekend but wanted to put out to the MB regulars and all the new folks that Hook'em has given us a tremendous place to talk about our team (and others) as well as other forums. Let's all kick in on the green donate button above. It is so easy even I can do it. New season and let's make this site a place where a super bowl team would be proud to view. For those of you who don't know Arian Foster's mom checks in occasionally with good info. Just thought I'd throw that in.

badboy
10-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Just realized I forgot to make my donation to Texan Talk. Everyone else up to date?

Grams
10-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Just realized I forgot to make my donation to Texan Talk. Everyone else up to date?

Automatic monthly contribution - don't have to remember. :)

Hookem Horns
10-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the financial support guys! Bandwidth and traffic is increasing which is a good problem to have because it means the team is winning.

LondonTex
10-15-2012, 05:55 AM
I set up an auto monthly yesterday. Happy to contribute. This place has fast become my favourite online MB place since falling in love with this Texans team....TT has also been a blessing since I've been bed-bound with this back problem lately (and will continue to be for the week or so) I've found this place has got me through endless hours of laying around. I have learnt tons since finding this place and the folk here have been nothing other than friendly, helpful and warm. You've all been very welcoming to this here strange british dude and I reckon I'll make tons of friends here! Great site, thanks to you all...I hope to be here for many years !

Not geographically but football-wise :texan: and proud!

badboy
10-16-2012, 01:39 PM
I set up an auto monthly yesterday. Happy to contribute. This place has fast become my favourite online MB place since falling in love with this Texans team....TT has also been a blessing since I've been bed-bound with this back problem lately (and will continue to be for the week or so) I've found this place has got me through endless hours of laying around. I have learnt tons since finding this place and the folk here have been nothing other than friendly, helpful and warm. You've all been very welcoming to this here strange british dude and I reckon I'll make tons of friends here! Great site, thanks to you all...I hope to be here for many years !

Not geographically but football-wise :texan: and proud!We would like you even better if you moved to Texas!

LondonTex
10-16-2012, 01:49 PM
We would like you even better if you moved to Texas!

Haha you'll just have to like me from a distance until I can get to visit someday. Hopefully I can get out to see a game and sample the awesome tailgates ...until then I'll enjoy watching every live game on NFL gamepass and being a part of this great community

Thorn
10-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Haha you'll just have to like me from a distance until I can get to visit someday. Hopefully I can get out to see a game and sample the awesome tailgates ...until then I'll enjoy watching every live game on NFL gamepass and being a part of this great community

.....funny, you don't type with an accent.