PDA

View Full Version : Site Donation FYI

Pages : 1 [2]

LondonTex
10-17-2012, 04:55 AM
.....funny, you don't type with an accent.

I probably type similar to Americans as I've spent so much time on American message boards and many of my friends have been American over the years (from church). I tend to speak with a mixed up kind of accent...people never really know where I'm from in England, especially if they hear me speak on the phone lol

Thorn
10-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Gotcha.

That was a joke, not serious. LOL

And thanks for contributing to TexansTalk. For a lot of folks here, it's sort of an internet "home" so to speak. We welcome you to it. :)

LondonTex
10-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Gotcha.

That was a joke, not serious. LOL

And thanks for contributing to TexansTalk. For a lot of folks here, it's sort of an internet "home" so to speak. We welcome you to it. :)

haha thanks for the welcome :) :handshake:

Love the Duke quote....I'm a huge fan

Pictavia
10-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Donated earlier in the week - annoyed that I had not found this site earlier.
Impatient now to return and attend further games - so far not looking good for this season.

GP
10-25-2012, 01:53 PM
.....funny, you don't type with an accent.

I picked up on his use of the phrase "sort out." A common phrase over there.

Reminds me of the Women Sort Yourself Out sketch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85HT4Om6JT4) from That Mitchell And Webb Look comedy team.

"For God's sake, sort yourselves out! Men: Shave and get drunk...because you're already brilliant!"

LondonTex
10-25-2012, 04:51 PM
I picked up on his use of the phrase "sort out." A common phrase over there.

Reminds me of the Women Sort Yourself Out sketch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85HT4Om6JT4) from That Mitchell And Webb Look comedy team.

"For God's sake, sort yourselves out! Men: Shave and get drunk...because you're already brilliant!"

haha - if I'm annoyed watching a game I'll be like 'sort it out guys, come on'. Another one I've heard people start to use over here with the same meaning as 'sort it out man' is ....'come on fella ...check yourself before you wreck yourself' ..whilst I don't use that myself, the first time I heard it I chuckled.

Say Watt
11-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Never mind. I see that the name color change thing isn't working and that we have to message Hookem.

I sent you a pm, Kevin.

Hookem Horns
11-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Got you covered. Thanks Cody!

badboy
08-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Just a reminder to new as well as regular posters that this site is run by Hook'em and many of us offer donations at the icon above. This site has become my main source of info for much of the news and the best source for sports by far. Show your thanks by signing up to help support Texans Talk. Regular season is around the corner and most of us would grumble if we did not have this MB.

Steve