PDA

View Full Version : Earl Campbell was an Oiler not a Titan and will always be a Texan!

Brando
03-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Luv Ya Earl!

:tiphat:

nfl.com (http://www.nfl.com/photo/photo-gallery?chronicleId=09000d5d80f6878c) has put up some nice pictures of Earl.

Although they did kind of mess this one up....

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww49/texanbrando/earl20.jpg

Somebody has their http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww49/texanbrando/head_up_ass.jpg. 1971, #35? WTF?

I like this one....

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww49/texanbrando/earl7.jpg

Blazing Arrow
03-28-2009, 05:22 PM
I know this is hard for you to comprehend but they are the same team.

Brando
03-28-2009, 05:23 PM

Earl was never part of a team called the Titans, sorry try again.

Blazing Arrow
03-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Earl was never part of a team called the Titans, sorry try again.

de⋅ni⋅al   /dɪˈnaɪəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [di-nahy-uhl] Show IPA
–noun 1. an assertion that something said, believed, alleged, etc., is false

Brando
03-28-2009, 05:29 PM

Wow, you learned how to use the dictionary, impressive.

Texan4Ever
03-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Earl Campbell is and always well be a HOUSTON Oilers, not a Tenneesse Oilers or Tenneesse Titan, but a HOUSTOn Oiler. BTW, someone should ask him, I bet you he would say the same thing!

Also, how did you post the picture to your thread, how did you do that?

Brando
03-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Earl Campbell is and always well be a HOUSTON Oilers, not a Tenneesse Oilers or Tenneesse Titan, but a HOUSTOn Oiler. BTW, someone should ask him, I bet you he would say the same thing!

You will need the direct link of your picture

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww49/texanbrando/earl6.jpg

paste in to the box when you click on the image icon

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww49/texanbrando/photohelptt.jpg

=
http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww49/texanbrando/earl6.jpg

or just make sure ther tags are wrapped around the link of your picture.

Blazing Arrow
03-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Wow, you learned how to use the dictionary, impressive.

Better then not actually knowing the word.

Brando
03-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Better then not actually knowing the word.

I'm glad you know the word and it's spelling.:aggressive:

Don't you have another board to troll? :yawn:

Texan4Ever
03-28-2009, 06:00 PM

Hey, is there a spell checker on TTalk? I read posts where ppl suggest using spell checker but I dunno where the option for that is.

Tailgate
03-28-2009, 06:02 PM

So I guess we should just go ahead and concede Jim Brown as being a Baltimore Raven then?

Showtime100
03-28-2009, 06:04 PM
I think they screwed up on another pic. No big deal but Houston went to those horrid white pants/white jerseys after the 2nd AFC Championship which would have made that pic from '81. Although "circa 1978" would include '81 I guess but to a Houston Oiler fan those were different times altogether. That one pic you pointed out was just plain ignorant. I mean come on. The guy that put this together must be from Tennessee.

Great find Brando. I just wish there were more pics....lol.

Brando
03-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Hey, is there a spell checker on TTalk? I read posts where ppl suggest using spell checker but I dunno where the option for that is.

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww49/texanbrando/spellcheck.jpg

You have to download the software for it though. When you click on the link it will take you to the download.

mexican_texan
03-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Or quite simply, get Firefox.

GuerillaBlack
03-28-2009, 06:43 PM

This.

Blazing Arrow
03-28-2009, 06:45 PM
So I guess we should just go ahead and concede Jim Brown as being a Baltimore Raven then?

No the city and fans kept the name and records by petitioning the NFL. I guess some fans respect their history enough to try and keep it instead of abandoning the team in the last season in a city. :thinking:

Brando
03-28-2009, 06:46 PM

I've been hearing good things about Firefox, I might try it.

Blazing Arrow
03-28-2009, 06:47 PM

Better to know it then live in it ...

mexican_texan
03-28-2009, 07:00 PM
I've been hearing good things about Firefox, I might try it.
If you're using Internet Explorer...type Mozilla.com as fast as you can.

brakos82
03-28-2009, 07:12 PM
if you're using internet explorer...type mozilla.com as fast as you can.
qft.

whiskeyrbl
03-28-2009, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=Blazing Arrow;1150048]I know this is hard for you to comprehend but they are the same team.[/QUOTE

Technicaly ,yes they are the same team. However the Houston Oilers History happened in the City of Houston and with Houstonians being 99% of the fan base. The players that played in Houston and not Tennessee, technicaly are HOUSTON football players. Those that played in both well they belong to both. Ask Carl Mauck if he is a Houston Oiler or Tennessee Titan? We see it as if it happened here it stays here. Hell Y'all went to the super bowl. How many of us try to stake claim to that? Not many I bet.

Showtime100
03-28-2009, 07:57 PM
No the city and fans kept the name and records by petitioning the NFL. I guess some fans respect their history enough to try and keep it instead of abandoning the team in the last season in a city. :thinking:

You just can't help but show your ignorance as to what went down when Bud started with his BS can you?

I can't wait until the same happens in Tennessee, and it will.

TEXANRED
03-28-2009, 08:15 PM

How are they the same team?

I know, they are in the same city, oh wait no, they moved.

They have the same name, oh no wait, they changed that too.

At least they have the same colors, oh wait no, they changed those too.

Saying the Titans are the same as the Oilers is like a man going and having a sex change and still calling herself a man. Admit it, the TITans are sporting around town wearing a push-up and needing estrogen pills to keep there voice high.

But hey, if they want to reminisce about the days when they were real men and played in front of fans from there own city that actually cared about them then, hey, who am I to judge?

I like to rehash my better days too.

Tailgate
03-28-2009, 08:20 PM

You were called out on a technicality. No grass roots campaign was going to keep the Oilers history,etc in Houston. The Ravens were never even going to happen unless Cleveland was awarded a new team immediately after. We were post Browns, Jags, and Panthers and and we were lucky to even get a team back in the end. The timing and variables were different. Thank You Bob McNair!!

Here are quotes from back in the day:
http://www.angelfire.com/tn/OILERSfootball/TENNESSEEnews.html
"I want fans to be able to compare Eddie George to Earl Campbell and ask who is the greatest runner in the team's history," said the NFL commissioner. "I want fans to compare Steve McNair with George Blanda and Warren Moon, to compare Tennessee's Bruce Matthews with the Oilers' Mike Munchak."

Adams conceded the decision to change the name was an emotional one. His grandfather and father preceded him in the oil business. But once made, the emphasis returned to the future of the football team and the Tennessee franchise.

You just know deep down inside Dud knows he effed up. His heart is here, his family and his history are intertwined with the Oil business and the Houston Oilers, he is now stuck in Tenn with a 2nd rate stadium while Houston is back in the NFL in "his" town with a gem of a stadium, his legacy in his own town is burned to the ground, and its going to stay that way. I guarantee if he could push a button to fix it all.... he would.

Bud the stuck dud Adams.

Speedy
03-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Just ask Earl. He will tell you himself that he is not and has nothing to do with the Tennessee Titans. Has said so many times.

Blazing Arrow
03-28-2009, 08:35 PM
You just can't help but show your ignorance as to what went down when Bud started with his BS can you?

Last call of someone trying to make excuses for his former team. It is always how the Titans will move and how Bud Adams will screw over the city. Just because you think it happened to you does not mean it will happen again. That is a false analogy.

Blazing Arrow
03-28-2009, 08:37 PM
How are they the same team?

I know, they are in the same city, oh wait no, they moved.

They have the same name, oh no wait, they changed that too.

At least they have the same colors, oh wait no, they changed those too.

Saying the Titans are the same as the Oilers is like a man going and having a sex change and still calling herself a man. Admit it, the TITans are sporting around town wearing a push-up and needing estrogen pills to keep there voice high.

But hey, if they want to reminisce about the days when they were real men and played in front of fans from there own city that actually cared about them then, hey, who am I to judge?

I like to rehash my better days too.

It is your team it is not your team ... make up your mind.

Texan4Ever
03-28-2009, 08:37 PM
qft.

Can someone decode qft...I don't speaking this language.

Showtime100
03-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Last call of someone trying to make excuses for his former team. It is always how the Titans will move and how Bud Adams will screw over the city. Just because you think it happened to you does not mean it will happen again. That is a false analogy.

You don't know your history, I'm done with you. I've seen it explained a good 10 times to you and you still don't get it. You must be awfully obsessed with us to come here as often as you do. How embarrassing for you.

Showtime100
03-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Can someone decode qft...I don't speaking this language.

Quoted for truth

Tailgate
03-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Guys... guys... the beauty of it all is that the Titans fans will always have to deal with this kind of stuff. Its what happens to hand me downs. We got to enjoy one franchise from the very beginnings, no strings attached... and now a brand spanking new one AGAIN... no strings attached. Start our own history from scratch. No matter how you slice it, its sloppy seconds for them. I bet that is a drag.

Señor Stan
03-28-2009, 08:44 PM
http://www.headlinesports.net/images/120478.jpg

mexican_texan
03-28-2009, 08:46 PM
When is construction slated to begin on your new stadium?

TEXANRED
03-28-2009, 09:12 PM

The Houston Oilers were my team. Then the Houston Oilers ceased to exist. Now the Houston Texans are my team.

El Tejano
03-28-2009, 09:26 PM

you will have to do this when the team moves to LA. Then maybe they will listen.

El Tejano
03-28-2009, 09:28 PM
just ask earl. He will tell you himself that he is not and has nothing to do with the tennessee titans. Has said so many times.

qft!!!!

Blazing Arrow
03-28-2009, 09:56 PM
You don't know your history, I'm done with you. I've seen it explained a good 10 times to you and you still don't get it. You must be awfully obsessed with us to come here as often as you do. How embarrassing for you.

Explained from a certain point of view. As an Oilers/Titans fan do not agree with the explanation. Which I have explained a good 10 times. Nothing embarrasing about it.

eriadoc
03-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Not sure why y'all are even giving Blazing Sparrow the satisfaction of an argument. Earl himself doesn't consider himself a Titan, nor does he have anything to do with the Tacks. He does have a relationship with the Texans, as do almost all of the old Oilers.

That pretty well settles it, to be honest. The ICOU can think whatever the hell they want, but the people most directly involved in the debate pretty much dictated the answer without any of our input.

Blazing Arrow
03-28-2009, 10:52 PM
When only one side is heard it is not considered a debate it is called a dictatorship.

Ckw
03-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Guys... guys... the beauty of it all is that the Titans fans will always have to deal with this kind of stuff. Its what happens to hand me downs. We got to enjoy one franchise from the very beginnings, no strings attached... and now a brand spanking new one AGAIN... no strings attached. Start our own history from scratch. No matter how you slice it, its sloppy seconds for them. I bet that is a drag.

Exactly. Why even continue this stupid conversation? The history will always remain with the city and the fans that watched the history happened regardless of what the history books say. I guess when we are all dead and gone and our grandchildren or great-grandchildren read about the team, then sure they will know of the Tennessee Oilers. But by then, will it even matter? Because I strongly believe by that point we will have a team known as the Houston Texans, and that team will have something the Houston Oilers never had: a Super Bowl ring! :texflag:

Wolf
03-28-2009, 11:35 PM
Earl has been quoted that HE has nothing to do with the Titans

however, Bud and the Titans have all the records

As much as it pains me for this, Earl is part of Bud's franchise records

I have to say as much as I give Titan fans grief about them not wanting to admit bud's franchise as choking, they have to take the bad with the good.

Earl is part of that franchise

I'd be a hypocrite if I said he wasn't

I mean how can one argue that if you go to the titans website and it has stats proving it?

I wish it weren't true but oilers are titans now

Tedc
03-29-2009, 01:06 AM

It must be hard for you as well.

Your avatar celebrates a ten year anniversary. If you believed it were the same team you would be celebrating 49 years of history.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/Tedc/titansnewVY.jpg

How many faces do you have??

Revolution
03-29-2009, 01:23 AM

Your avatar celebrates a ten year anniversary. If you believed it were the same team you would be celebrating 49 years of history.

Perfect! LOL!!! Rep for you!

whiskeyrbl
03-29-2009, 07:01 AM
it must be hard for you as well.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/tedc/titansnewvy.jpg

how many faces do you have??
rep!!!!

Blazing Arrow
03-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Hervoyel if you are going to be a total douche bag try doing it in a non rival thread.

Down rep'ing me just because you do not agree with me makes you look pathetic.

If the rival threads are too scawee maybe you should not read them?

Brando
03-29-2009, 08:36 PM

+Rep!:kingkong:

Mailman
03-29-2009, 09:07 PM
Go huff some more air duster Blazing Doucherrow.

Tedc pwned you btw. Stop trolling, you know as well as every former diehard Oiler fan on this forum that the Titans and Oilers are distinct. Earl Campbell is no more a Tennessee Titan than Jim Brown is a Baltimore Raven or Johnny U is an Indianapolis football legend.

Blazing Arrow
03-29-2009, 10:00 PM
Go huff some more air duster Blazing Doucherrow.

Tedc pwned you btw. Stop trolling, you know as well as every former diehard Oiler fan on this forum that the Titans and Oilers are distinct. Earl Campbell is no more a Tennessee Titan than Jim Brown is a Baltimore Raven or Johnny U is an Indianapolis football legend.

Blah blah blah ... seriosuly! I am an Oiler fan and a Titans fan. It does not matter that the team moved to me. I realize that to some it does and I respect that. But do no belittle my love for my team because it does not suit your beliefs.

Grams
03-30-2009, 06:22 AM
I could care less what team you choose to be a fan of.

But how does one celebrate a 10 year anniversary when the team has been in existence for 49 years? You sport a 10 year anniversay logo, but will be wearing an Oilers uniform from the 1960's?

Something is seriously wrong with this picture. It is either 10 years or 49 years. Make up your mind.

Oh but wait, I get it, you only use the other 39 years when it proves a point for you.
When it doesn't you just ignore the rest of the history.

Texan_Bill
03-30-2009, 07:33 AM

That was strictly Art Moddell's decision. He tried to end a bad situation with some form of class. Bud "the Bad Rug" wouldn't know class if he took a class on it.

:hmmm: Both Earl and Bum Phillips each proclaim themselves Oilers and refuse to take part in any celebration in Nashville. Seems like a slap in the face to Bud "the bad rug" Asshat.

Tinnbred fans not recognizing that - is denial.

Texan_Bill
03-30-2009, 07:38 AM

:potkettle:

Funny.. Tinnbred fan asking someone to make up their mind. :spit:

Texan_Bill
03-30-2009, 07:39 AM
When only one side is heard it is not considered a debate it is called a dictatorship.

Now you're getting it. This is a Texans Dictatorship. Your words are mere spewage from diarhea of the mouth.

gwallaia
03-30-2009, 08:10 AM
Go Texans!

Beat the titans in whatever "uniform" they are wearing!

spurstexanstros
03-30-2009, 10:09 AM

I did...one day he was at Red McCombs dealership and I asked him who he supported..he said the city of Houston.

Hervoyel
03-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Hervoyel if you are going to be a total douche bag try doing it in a non rival thread.

Down rep'ing me just because you do not agree with me makes you look pathetic.

If the rival threads are too scawee maybe you should not read them?

I gave you negative rep because you're a ****ing troll who comes to this board and drags idiotic threads like this along for 470+ views. You're not a contributor here, you're a pest. I gave you negative rep because the world would be a better place without your particular brand of "rivalry talk".

And let me tell you something. It's better to be a douche like me than a suppository like yourself. I'll give you one guess (and time to check with your finger) which one of the two has **** all over it.

If the negative rep hurt your feelings then feel free to grow a thicker skin.

Blazing Arrow
03-30-2009, 11:00 AM
I could care less what team you choose to be a fan of.

But how does one celebrate a 10 year anniversary when the team has been in existence for 49 years? You sport a 10 year anniversay logo, but will be wearing an Oilers uniform from the 1960's?

Something is seriously wrong with this picture. It is either 10 years or 49 years. Make up your mind.

Oh but wait, I get it, you only use the other 39 years when it proves a point for you.
When it doesn't you just ignore the rest of the history.

I put up the logo because I thought it was funny. It celebrates 10 years in TN BTW not the existence of the team.

Double Barrel
03-30-2009, 12:34 PM

In your rush to troll, you failed. That pic being referred to in the first post reveals a player that is identified as Earl but it clearly is not.

He could care less. He'll bandwagon the team wherever they move to and whatever they change their name, too. He's a big fan of Slug, I guess.

Texan_Bill
03-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Luv Ya Earl!

nfl.com (http://www.nfl.com/photo/photo-gallery?chronicleId=09000d5d80f6878c) has put up some nice pictures of Earl.

Although they did kind of mess this one up....

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww49/texanbrando/earl20.jpg

Several things jump out:
A) Chuck Howley retired about 5 years before Earl was drafted.
B) The Caption says #36
C) The running back is wearing #35
D) During the Earl years, the Oilers wore white helmets.

E) Last; Anyone in the city of Houston knows that the #34 is reserved for one name in each sport.

Nolan
Hakeem
and of course, Earl.

Silver Oak
03-30-2009, 04:29 PM
I went to poking around to see about that year of the Oilers to see if I could identify that player #35 (Woody Campbell).

I found it to be more interesting that the Oiler braintrust back then, drafted QB Dan Pastorini in the first round, and also QB Lynn Dickey in the 3rd round. Apparently they didn't have a 2nd round pick. I bet if there had been a message board back then it would have melted down on draft day in 1971!

swtbound07
03-30-2009, 04:33 PM

Your side is worthless.

Texan_Bill
03-30-2009, 04:43 PM
I went to poking around to see about that year of the Oilers to see if I could identify that player #35 (Woody Campbell).

I found it to be more interesting that the Oiler braintrust back then, drafted QB Dan Pastorini in the first round, and also QB Lynn Dickey in the 3rd round. Apparently they didn't have a 2nd round pick. I bet if there had been a message board back then it would have melted down on draft day in 1971!

Winner, winner, Chicken dinner!!

http://www.fadetoblack-thebook.com/images/jerseycolor.jpg
http://www.fadetoblack-thebook.com/images/Woody_football2.jpg

From this website: Fade to Black (http://www.fadetoblack-thebook.com/about.htm)
Apparently Woody wrote a book

Blazing Arrow
04-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Your side is worthless.

This coming from the darwin guy who knows nothing about him.

swtbound07
04-02-2009, 01:13 PM
This coming from the darwin guy who knows nothing about him.

I've read Origin of Species...have you ever read a book? Any book?

Blazing Arrow
04-02-2009, 01:19 PM
I've read Origin of Species...have you ever read a book? Any book?

But you did not know anything about the guy or his beliefs? Riiiiight.

Wolf
04-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Titans playbook?
http://todmar.net/quality4u/ebay/books/board-book-tee-dee-the-football.jpg

Blazing Arrow
04-02-2009, 02:08 PM
For you Campbell fans who are into cards ... drool!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=190296679379

BigBull17
04-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Titans playbook?
http://todmar.net/quality4u/ebay/books/board-book-tee-dee-the-football.jpg

Nah, it should be in crayons. With a :) for a center.

Blazing Arrow
04-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Nah, it should be in crayons. With a :) for a center.

What ever the Titans are using it seems good enough to beat the Texans 11 out of the last 14 games. What does that say about your playbook?

Double Barrel
04-02-2009, 03:15 PM
What ever the Titans are using it seems good enough to beat the Texans 11 out of the last 14 games. What does that say about your playbook?

Wow, you beat an expansion team. woohoo, that's something to hang your hat on.

I guess it's all you've got when your team chokes away homefield advantage in it's first playoff game.

Your franchise's choking history...hmmm, now there's something to hang your hat on!

Blazing Arrow
04-02-2009, 03:23 PM

I guess it's all you've got when your team chokes away homefield advantage in it's first playoff game.

Your franchise's choking history...hmmm, now there's something to hang your hat on!

How many years are you an expansion team? That worked maybe the first few seasons but when a team like the Jags can make the playoffs in there second season it gets kind of old don't you think?

Texan_Bill
04-02-2009, 03:25 PM
How many years are you an expansion team? That worked maybe the first few seasons but when a team like the Jags can make the playoffs in there second season it gets kind of old don't you think?

Cheese and Rice man. The expansion with the Jags and Panthers wasn't the same as the Texans expansion. Night and day.

TEXANRED
04-02-2009, 03:26 PM

That franchise chokes more than that girl from Debbie Does Dallas.

Blazing Arrow
04-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Cheese and Rice man. The expansion with the Jags and Panthers wasn't the same as the Texans expansion. Night and day.

Seven years with no playoffs or winning seasons? I would blame that on coaching and drafting not the expansion excuse.

TEXANRED
04-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Seven years with no playoffs or winning seasons? I would blame that on coaching and drafting not the expansion excuse.

Wow, this does kinda sound like a Houston Oiler team.

Brando
04-02-2009, 04:10 PM
49 years with no Super Bowl victories? I would blame that on the owner and choking. **** runs downhill.

Fixed.

Wolf
04-02-2009, 04:14 PM

Fixed.

:spit:

Everyone remember to flush twice, it is long way to Nashville:chickendance:

Texan_Bill
04-02-2009, 04:15 PM

The point is that the expansion with Jags and Panthers was set-up for them to succeed almost immediately. They did not have to spend 40% of the salary cap within the expansion draft alone. 40% can set a team back, see Boselli, Gary Walker etc. Their dead money didn't even come off the books until just a couple of years ago. Coaching and the FO certainly didn't help matters in the first 5 years - but to just point to those things is shortsighted.

Double Barrel
04-02-2009, 04:54 PM
How many years are you an expansion team?

YOU are the one blathering on about "11 out of the last 14 games".

YOU are hanging your hat on it like it means anything.

Honoring Earl 34
04-02-2009, 10:39 PM
I've watched this several times and haven't seen anything Tennessee .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWKtv4gxuvQ

This is Tennessee .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e5Y2vLoKBg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvR4q4xP5ts&feature=related

Texan_Bill
04-03-2009, 07:38 AM
I've watched this several times and haven't seen anything Tennessee .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWKtv4gxuvQ

This is Tennessee .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e5Y2vLoKBg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvR4q4xP5ts&feature=related

The first clip gave me chills. Major kudos - rep. if I could.

The second and third clip were pathetic, and yet, somehow typical.

eriadoc
04-03-2009, 08:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAbuS5nAp5M&feature=related

Go to the 2:09 mark. I love that play.

Kaiser Toro
04-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Earl Campbell is a Texan, a Longhorn and indeed is a titan via the annals of NFL history. What he is not, is a Titan.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/earl-campbell-at-1.jpg

I was not an Oilers fan, I was a Cowboys and Earl Campbell fan in the mid-late 70's.

Texan_Bill
04-03-2009, 08:21 AM
ICOU fan will never understand.

Blazing Arrow
04-03-2009, 11:15 AM
ICOU fan will never understand.

Hey I get what your point is but as a fan of the Oilers franchise which is now named the Titans it is a slap in the face to say I can not enjoy both of there histories and players. I followed both since I was 9.

Should old NY Giants fan think that there history is not part of the SF franchise? Sounds kind of silly doesn't it?

Texan_Bill
04-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Hey I get what your point is but as a fan of the Oilers franchise which is now named the Titans it is a slap in the face to say I can not enjoy both of there histories and players. I followed both since I was 9.

Should old NY Giants fan think that there history is not part of the SF franchise? Sounds kind of silly doesn't it?

Completely irrelevant to the context of this thread. You enjoy Earl as an Oiler.

The Giants reference is a tough comparison since that happend 50+ years ago.

Blazing Arrow
04-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Completely irrelevant to the context of this thread. You enjoy Earl as an Oiler.

The Giants reference is a tough comparison since that happend 50+ years ago.

So now it is a matter of time that will make the Oilers and the Titans one team? Seems kind of silly when you type it out doesn't it?

Texan_Bill
04-03-2009, 11:32 AM
So now it is a matter of time that will make the Oilers and the Titans one team? Seems kind of silly when you type it out doesn't it?

Nope, not at all.

Maybe it will, but thankfully I will be dead if and when that ever happens.

Wolf
04-03-2009, 11:35 AM
So now it is a matter of time that will make the jags and the Titans one team? Seems kind of silly when you type it out doesn't it?
fixed
being that was Bud's first choice :doot: :tease:

Blazing Arrow
04-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Jags will be the LA Dynamite in a couple seasons I am not sure how that works.

Hookem Horns
04-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Hey I get what your point is but as a fan of the Oilers franchise which is now named the Titans it is a slap in the face to say I can not enjoy both of there histories and players.

Good, you should be slapped.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/johnmig1/JOKES/SelfSlapAnimated.gif

Take that!

Blazing Arrow
04-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Good, you should be slapped.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/johnmig1/JOKES/SelfSlapAnimated.gif

Take that!

Are you comming onto me?

Hookem Horns
04-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Are you comming onto me?

If being slapped by another man turns you on then I guess I can see how you interpreted it that way. :thinking:

BTW, outside of Tennessee "coming" is spelled with one "m".

Blazing Arrow
04-03-2009, 01:08 PM
If being slapped by another man turns you on then I guess I can see how you interpreted it that way. :thinking:

BTW, outside of Tennessee "coming" is spelled with one "m".

Never lived in TN

Texan_Bill
04-03-2009, 03:49 PM

BTW, outside of Tennessee and NoCal "coming" is spelled with one "m".

Fixed :shades:

Texecutioner
04-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Never lived in TN

Maybe not, but you certainly are their kind boy. :tiphat:

Bulluck53
04-03-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm not going to get into the whole "who he belongs to" stuff but I figure I'd voice my opinion.

Since I'm only twenty and didn't get to watch Campbell and other guys of his era in action, I try and watch as much film and stuff as I can on the guy. He represents what football is all about. He gave his all every time he touched the ball, which is apparent by his quality of life at this point. He is a joy to watch 25 years after he last played. I wish I could watched him live.

GP, go ahead and preach to your bretheren about how I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth on this. I'm done butting heads with you over my true opinions and feelings on subjects regarding the city of Houston (even in the slightest bit.)