PDA

View Full Version : T.O. Still Doesn't Get It

CloakNNNdagger
03-28-2009, 08:13 AM
Terrell Owens not working out with Bills unless it's mandatory

Note, that his new tiptoeing coach is already sounding like his last coach. Owen states that he has always kept in top shape with solo personal workouts.........and no one can really argue with T.O taking care of T.O.
However, again, T.O is starting off isolating himself from the rest of the team.
In doing so, he will again find himself ostracized by most of his peers and many of his coaches.................and, again, wondering "why?"

T.O. has stated that all he needs is " a new beginning." Too bad, all that he is setting up to accomplish is "an familiar old ending."

Tedc
03-28-2009, 08:35 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/Tedc/TOpacifier.jpg

TexansFan33
03-28-2009, 09:01 AM

If you check his track record he has never been to an non mandatory offseason workout in years. The man is 36 years old he even told reporters when the mandatory stuff starts he will attend no questions asked. When you have played the game at such a high level for so long you dont really need it but it would be nice for him to go.

infantrycak
03-28-2009, 09:05 AM
If you check his track record he has never been to an non mandatory offseason workout in years. The man is 36 years old he even told reporters when the mandatory stuff starts he will attend no questions asked. When you have played the game at such a high level for so long you dont really need it but it would be nice for him to go.

I think everyone recognizes TO has always been physically been prepared. That isn't the point. He also has a track record for years of not being mentally prepared to commit to his team rather than to TO. This continues that track record.

CloakNNNdagger
03-28-2009, 09:16 AM

When given choices, he makes the wrong ones. The only way to make sure T.O. makes the right one is to make it mandatory. No questions asked??????????? And what would his alternative be?:thinking:

TexansFan33
03-28-2009, 09:16 AM
I think everyone recognizes TO has always been physically been prepared. That isn't the point. He also has a track record for years of not being mentally prepared to commit to his team rather than to TO. This continues that track record.

I mean T.O. is in the right mental state... Sure ppl can hop on the bandwagon and say that he is a "team obliterator." - Skip Bayless.

In all actuality, Its still March Trent Edwards or whoever is under center will have more then enough time to get their timing down. Lets see whats not to like about Owens other than his 38 tds in three years leads the league or his uncanny ability demand double teams every play, or maybe its his thousand yard seasons he churns out every year.

Terrell Owens last two stops Philly and Dallas were both matches made in Heaven the first year both teams posted a 13-3 record so, you can say that he doesnt get it but he really does this guy is a proven winner, and so what if tell people that he wants the ball you show me a wideout that doesnt want the rock and he probably isnt in the NFL. Plain and simple Dallas last year was absolute garbage, and there QB play was average at best and that lead to decline in his numbers so dont say he is fallin off.

infantrycak
03-28-2009, 09:27 AM
I mean T.O. is in the right mental state...

No he isn't in the right mental state. He isn't AJ meeting extra with Schaub to develop a rapport with him. He isn't AJ not bad mouthing a QB who will not be named. He isn't AJ signing a contract extension with a team with no winning seasons.

Guess who? 115 receptions for 1575 yards - but I guess you have to act like TO to want the rock.

Texecutioner
03-28-2009, 10:55 AM
I mean T.O. is in the right mental state... Sure ppl can hop on the bandwagon and say that he is a "team obliterator." - Skip Bayless.

In all actuality, Its still March Trent Edwards or whoever is under center will have more then enough time to get their timing down. Lets see whats not to like about Owens other than his 38 tds in three years leads the league or his uncanny ability demand double teams every play, or maybe its his thousand yard seasons he churns out every year.

What's not to like about TO? This might take all day long. Do you really want to ask the question? Uuuum, how about bringing 3 teams down. And funny how you bring up all those TD's, but you also fail to realize that he TO has now played on each team with 3 Pro Bowl QB's. Mcnabb might be in the HOF after he retires as well. I think his QB's had a little something to do with that. No one would argue that he wasn't a great player, but it doesn't matter how good you are when you destroy the chemistry with your team mates. And last season guys weren't double teaming him at the end of the season. THey were jamming him at the line in the last few games and taking him out of plays. The guy is starting to get old.

Terrell Owens last two stops Philly and Dallas were both matches made in Heaven the first year both teams posted a 13-3 record so, you can say that he doesnt get it but he really does this guy is a proven winner, and so what if tell people that he wants the ball you show me a wideout that doesnt want the rock and he probably isnt in the NFL. Plain and simple Dallas last year was absolute garbage, and there QB play was average at best and that lead to decline in his numbers so dont say he is fallin off.

You obviously didn't watch that first season in Dallas. It wasn't a match made in heaven. As soon as the season started he was screaming and yelling at coaches and even had a shoving match with Todd Haley. Parcells hated him so badly that he wouldn't even talk to TO. TO also got into it with Bledsoe a few times as well before Romo became the QB. Once Romo came in, they got along, but that was because ROmo was new, and guess what TO eventually treated Romo like he does all of his QB's. It wouldn't matter if TO played with Joe Montana, Dan Marino, or Tom Brady, he'll always turn into a cancerish team mate and cause problems with other players on offense.

A lot of people also forget that TO has also caused a lot of problems with his O line team mates as well. He beraded them all over the side lines this season and did the same in San Francisco.

TexansFan33
03-28-2009, 12:10 PM
TO also got into it with Bledsoe a few times as well before Romo became the QB. Once Romo came in, they got along, but that was because ROmo was new, and guess what TO eventually treated Romo like he does all of his QB's.

Romo is an average QB at best it WILL show this season. He was blessed to have T.O. to inflate his numbers. Every reciever gets frustrated when they just run routes all day and dont recieve the ball I dont know if you played football but i played RB/wr in HS and College and i can tell you that Running 9 routes all day and not getting the rock isn't fun. Regardlesss of how many times he messes up its really doesnt matter in the end because even if Buffalo lets him go someone else will scoop him up he's still a top 5 talent reciever in the league.

Top 5 consensus AFC recievers:
1. Moss
2. AJ
3. Marshall
4. Owens
5. Welker/Wayne in the 5 spot

As much as you might not want to admit it NFL stars will always have to be catered to that's just life.

Texecutioner
03-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Romo is an average QB at best it WILL show this season. He was blessed to have T.O. to inflate his numbers. Every reciever gets frustrated when they just run routes all day and dont recieve the ball I dont know if you played football

Yes they do. I know that same feeling from playing football myself, but other WR's don't go to the media and start blasting away on their QB, they don't scream at them all over the sidelines, they don't berate their Offensive lineman and coaches as well. Sure a player here or there does one of those from time to time, but TO does it on a regular and to a much higher degree than anyone else.

but i played RB/wr in HS and College and i can tell you that Running 9 routes all day and not getting the rock isn't fun. Regardlesss of how many times he messes up its really doesnt matter in the end because even if Buffalo lets him go someone else will scoop him up he's still a top 5 talent reciever in the league.

This will be TO's last stop bro. He's 36 now, and he wasn't able to get the same types of separation at the end of the season last year. He was still really good, but his old age is starting to show and I'm sure it will even more this season.

Top 5 consensus recievers:
1. Moss
2.AJ
3.Fitz
4. Owens
5. Tied for 5th Smith/Housh/Welker/Bouldin

As much as you might not want to admit it NFL stars will always have to be catered to that's just life.

Sorry, but TO is no longer a top 5 WR. I think you're forgetting to add Bolden, Steve Smith, Roddy White, and Calvin Johnson to that list before TO. All of those guys had much better seasons than TO did last year and while TO is getting older and slightly losing his abilities all these guys are getting better still and the only one out of those players that I mentioned that played with a better QB than TO did last season was Bolden who had Warner.

CloakNNNdagger
03-28-2009, 12:32 PM

...........tolerated for just so long, as demonstrated by his migratory history.

Ckw
03-28-2009, 12:33 PM
This will be TO's last stop bro. He's 36 now, and he wasn't able to get the same types of separation at the end of the season last year. He was still really good, but his old age is starting to show and I'm sure it will even more this season.

I really don't understand how anyone can even begin to defend TO. The guy got cut from a team that will take just about anyone regardless of crimes committed or past attitude problems (think Pacman, Tank, etc.) He's a cancer plain and simple.

Sorry, but TO is no longer a top 5 WR. I think you're forgetting to add Bolden, Steve Smith, Roddy White, and Calvin Johnson to that list before TO. All of those guys had much better seasons than TO did last year and while TO is getting older and slightly losing his abilities all these guys are getting better still and the only one out of those players that I mentioned that played with a better QB than TO did last season was Bolden who had Warner.

No doubt. TO's days as a top 5 and maybe even top 10 WR are over. And don't forget AJ, Greg Jennings, Larry Fitzgerald, and maybe a few others.

Texecutioner
03-28-2009, 12:42 PM
I really don't understand how anyone can even begin to defend TO. The guy got cut from a team that will take just about anyone regardless of crimes committed or past attitude problems (think Pacman, Tank, etc.) He's a cancer plain and simple.

No ****. It amazes me how people still defend this guy.

No doubt. TO's days as a top 5 and maybe even top 10 WR are over. And don't forget AJ, Greg Jennings, Larry Fitzgerald, and maybe a few others.

Good call on Jennings. I forgot about him and he had a spectacular year in only his 3rd season. I didn't mention AJ and Fitz because he already had them on that top five list. :)

Ckw
03-28-2009, 12:55 PM
No ****. It amazes me how people still defend this guy.

Yep. Personally, I don't find these volutary meetings to be a big deal but based on his previous track record with San Fran, Philly, and Dallas, he might be ok for a year. But if Buffalo gives him an extension, the guy will do the same things he has done his entire career. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

gary
03-28-2009, 01:19 PM
I would rather have a player on my team who isn't as good as T.O. one that wants to at least have a good relationship with the QB and the rest of the team because that is what makes winners. T.O. has never won anything nor will he ever win anything in the NFL now that his playing career is almost over mainly because of his attitude and the way that he has treated every team that he has been on. He is a head case and that is all he has ever been was and ever will be. What has he done off the field? Nothing but cause BS in the lockeroom that is all period. I am so glad that he probably won't ever get an SB ring he should not have one. You never know but chances are slim. /End rant.

Ckw
03-28-2009, 01:21 PM
I would rather have a player on my team who isn't as good as T.O. one that wants to at least have a good relationship with the QB and the rest of the team because that is what makes winners. T.O. has never won anything nor will he ever win anything in the NFL now that his playing career is almost over mainly because of his attitude and the way that he has treated every team that he has been on. He is a head case and that is all he has ever been was and ever will be. What has he done off the field? Nothing but cause BS in the lockeroom that is all period. I am so glad that he probably won't ever get an SB ring he should not have one. You never know but chances are slim. /End rant.

Many will likely say I am crazy but I would even rather have Kevin Walter over TO.

CloakNNNdagger
03-28-2009, 01:28 PM
He's is such demand that there is no wonder that T.O. has ended up on a team as well-respected as the Bills.

gary
03-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Many will likely say I am crazy but I would even rather have Kevin Walter over TO.Work hard don't cause anything and Walter is going to win an SB ring.

Ckw
03-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Work hard don't cause anything and Walter is going to win an SB ring.

Agreed. I love the guy's work ethic.

gary
03-28-2009, 02:24 PM
A ring with Houston.

Ckw
03-28-2009, 02:27 PM
A ring with Houston.

I know. I truly believe if we keep guys like Mario, AJ, OD, etc. we will win a Super Bowl ring. If Mario stays a Texan for his career, or most of it, he will win at least one Super Bowl ring. The same goes for AJ IMO.

gary
03-28-2009, 02:30 PM
T.O. wON'T.

Ckw
03-28-2009, 02:31 PM
T.O. wON'T.

I don't think so either.

gary
03-28-2009, 02:55 PM
This makes me happy.

thunderkyss
03-28-2009, 04:18 PM
When given choices, he makes the wrong ones. The only way to make sure T.O. makes the right one is to make it mandatory. No questions asked??????????? And what would his alternative be?:thinking:

Is Andre going to be at the Texans non-mandatory OTAs? or will he be working out with the Huricanes?

Seriously, this is the media making mountains out of mole hills, don't believe the hype.

Ckw
03-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Is Andre going to be at the Texans non-mandatory OTAs? or will he be working out with the Huricanes?

Seriously, this is the media making mountains out of mole hills, don't believe the hype.

I agree. The only thing I am saying is that this is nothing compared to what Owens will cause if he gets an extension. Sure, he will probably be fine this year, work hard, and be a good addition to the team. But if Buffalo extends his contract, hello cancer!

CloakNNNdagger
03-28-2009, 05:30 PM

I believe that AJ has already gained the acceptance and respect of his skills and his teamsmanship. T.O., on the other hand.................

Showtime100
03-28-2009, 05:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BkIh1R5utY

That's all I have to say about that.

pbat488
03-28-2009, 06:00 PM

Top 5 consensus AFC recievers:
1. Moss
2. AJ
3. Marshall
4. Owens
5. Welker/Wayne in the 5 spot

Note that he said Top 5 AFC recievers.

Showtime100
03-28-2009, 06:07 PM
He's not in my top 5 AFC recievers if you include from the shoulder up and what T.O.'s grey matter does to a team off the field.

thunderkyss
03-28-2009, 08:50 PM
I believe that AJ has already gained the acceptance and respect of his skills and his teamsmanship. T.O., on the other hand.................

The point, is that it's a voluntary workout. He doesn't have to be there. Lots of players don't go. A lot of players won't go this year, and unless their name is Terrell Owens, it won't be a big deal.

The media has you Cloak, don't be a pawn to their game.

Remember, not one Dallas Cowboy has said anything negative about T.O. it's all media speculation right now.

The only report that T.O. was a problem, came from an unnamed source that might not exist.

Reeves was asked about the Cowboys poor performance in 2008, and he said it was complacency that did the Cowboys in. He didn't say anything about team Chemistry.

Think about it.

They said he was the problem in San Francisco. He left, he's had a good career. San Francisco is still in trouble.

They said he was the problem in Philly. Even though Philly went to the play-offs, they were still questioning whether Reid was going to stay, or if Donovan was going to be moved.

Now they're saying he was the problem in Dallas... we'll see.

HoustonFrog
03-28-2009, 09:25 PM
The point, is that it's a voluntary workout. He doesn't have to be there. Lots of players don't go. A lot of players won't go this year, and unless their name is Terrell Owens, it won't be a big deal.

The media has you Cloak, don't be a pawn to their game.

Remember, not one Dallas Cowboy has said anything negative about T.O. it's all media speculation right now.

The only report that T.O. was a problem, came from an unnamed source that might not exist.

Reeves was asked about the Cowboys poor performance in 2008, and he said it was complacency that did the Cowboys in. He didn't say anything about team Chemistry.

Think about it.

They said he was the problem in San Francisco. He left, he's had a good career. San Francisco is still in trouble.

They said he was the problem in Philly. Even though Philly went to the play-offs, they were still questioning whether Reid was going to stay, or if Donovan was going to be moved.

Now they're saying he was the problem in Dallas... we'll see.

Bolded not true. Roy Williams the safety and others have come out and said he is a distraction. Some stuck up for him and how he came in shape but the above is not true when it comes to TO overall.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/02/safety-roy-williams-speaks-his-mind.html

He believes that T.O. creates distractions by consistently being in the middle of controversies

I'm sure Romo, Witten and others would agree.

What about Hall of Fame ex Cowboys

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/013009dnspocowstaubach.383aa81.html

Fellow Hall of Famer Mel Renfro was equally upset.

"On paper, they should win a Super Bowl, but looking at it, there's a lack of dedication, a lack of accountability," Renfro said. "They act like spoiled rotten kids. I'm sure some guys do give their all, but you can't play with a couple of guys. You've got to play as a team

Staubach said his receivers regularly told him they were open, "but it didn't leave the locker room, or it didn't leave the huddle."

Staubach said Butch Johnson used to joke he was throwing the ball too much to Drew Pearson. Owens, according to reports, was upset too many of Romo's passes went to Jason Witten.

"You can do that in a way where you're still a team player. You don't broadcast it," Staubach said. "If I was Tony Romo, I would have been upset with that, being accused. Now you're dropping back to throw, and you're over there [thinking]. You can't do that. You've got to throw it to the person that you feel is going to make the play for you, and they're all good receivers."

On another hand I am one who thinks this is what the Bills signed up for and knew he always had his own conditioning

My personal opinion as an ex high school player...who wasnt..lol...was that it was great to be there for conditoning, etc with teammates and that he should be there to get to be with the guys and to show he is serious...perception is everything

Wolf
03-30-2009, 12:18 AM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/29933182/

Terrell Owens was "blindsided" by his release from the Dallas Cowboys, he said in an interview with Canadian television channel Rogers Sportsnet.

El Tejano
03-30-2009, 09:37 AM
See this is what The Bills are inheriting. Just like their coach said, alot of other players didn't go and noone asked about them. It's not that T.O. not going is bad, but it's the fact that whatever he does is going to scrutinized and with that will come too much media coverage, and with that will come pressure on T.O. and with that will come the locker room splitting in half and with that will come the team not playing to it's capabilities.

But seeing as how NFL Network will not stop showing a certain Buffalo game, I can't feel too sorry for them.

Showtime100
03-30-2009, 10:12 AM
See this is what The Bills are inheriting. Just like their coach said, alot of other players didn't go and noone asked about them. It's not that T.O. not going is bad, but it's the fact that whatever he does is going to scrutinized and with that will come too much media coverage, and with that will come pressure on T.O. and with that will come the locker room splitting in half and with that will come the team not playing to it's capabilities.

But seeing as how NFL Network will not stop showing a certain Buffalo game, I can't feel too sorry for them.

Sorry, I don't get that one bit. T.O. signed with a new team and showed his loyalty by telling the world he does his thing alone and doesn't have to bother with this BS of showing up since, after all, he doesn't need the workout. If I were on the team he becomes someone I don't care about, why would I?? He demonstrates he cares about himself and himself alone. The simplest of minds would go to the workout if they had a clue what it is like to be on a team.

He's getting paid way more than any athlete should to play football (I just mean athletes are overpaid) , he signs with a new team with HIS history and this is how he kicks the ball off with his new team.

The media's fault? As much as I like and subscribe to that formula, I say no way in this case.

Pressure? By design IMO.

Polo
03-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Guys from the "U" like to work out in Miami...If you feel like that is the best way to get yourself into gear for the upcoming season then I say go for it. I fail to see why T.O. not going to voluntary work-outs matters.

What is the fascination?

Showtime100
03-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Guys from the "U" like to work out in Miami...If you feel like that is the best way to get yourself into gear for the upcoming season then I say go for it. I fail to see why T.O. not going to voluntary work-outs matters.

What is the fascination?

LOL @ Miami. Classy bunch, they are..:spit:

Polo
03-30-2009, 10:21 AM

There are plenty of classy players that attended Miami.

And there are plenty of players that work-out on their own or with personal trainers at this point in the season. This is not news beyond the fact that people are obsessed with TO. He may indeed be a locker room cancer and a bafoon, but IMHO, this proves neither.

Showtime100
03-30-2009, 10:24 AM

More thugs and classy players, give me a break. They are the poster school for bad press and for good reason. EXAMPLE: T.O.

Showtime100
03-30-2009, 10:25 AM

And there are plenty of players that work-out on their own or with personal trainers at this point in the season. This is not news beyond the fact that people are obsessed with TO. He may indeed be a locker room cancer and a bafoon, but IMHO, this proves neither.

Don't defend T.O. You can't.

bah007
03-30-2009, 10:26 AM

Andre Johnson?...

Polo
03-30-2009, 10:26 AM
More thugs and classy players, give me a break. They are the poster school for bad press and for good reason. EXAMPLE: T.O.

T.O. didn't go to Miami.

Eric Winston, Andre Johnson and Rashad Butler did though...

But the only reason I mentioned the U was to point out all of the talented, non-team wrecking players that don't work out with their teams during voluntary sessions...

Showtime100
03-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Andre Johnson?...

And???? One guy.

Showtime100
03-30-2009, 10:29 AM
T.O. didn't go to Miami.

Eric Winston, Andre Johnson and Rashad Butler did though...

But the only reason I mentioned the U was to point out all of the talented, non-team wrecking players that don't work out with their teams during voluntary sessions...

Sorry, my bad, I guess I just associated T.O. with Miami. How did that happen?

Hervoyel
03-30-2009, 10:33 AM

See, I totally get this. TO is under a microscope and he is treated differently from other players. When he does something it's news and when ten other guys do it then it's not even mentioned. The world is waiting for his next possible misstep so they can make a big deal out of it and whateve team he plays for will always suffer from that.

And who put this enormous microscope on TO?

Why that would be TO himself. In a sense "TO" is a fictional character created by Terrell Owens. He made that guy over the years and now the talented, physically prepared, All-Pro receiver can't find himself a better job than starting WR of the Buffalo Bills. I can't begin to feel sorry for him or feel that he's being somehow wronged in this. He made the sideshow that basically turns teams inside out. Screw him. The league will be a far better place when his ass is on the outside looking in.

I'd be sorely tempted to see what a Texans WR combo of AJ and TO would look like but I wouldn't attempt it outside of Madden football because he's the destroyer of chemistry and without chemistry he's worthless. I always look at the Rockets of 94-95 when the subject of team chemistry comes up because that's the only group from Houston in my adult life that had literally perfect chemistry and they survived the Otis Thorpe/Clyde Derexler trade (and got better). They were pretty much Hakeem and role players, then "Hakeem and Clyde and role players". Their chemistry made them better than the sum of their parts and we've never had that again here in any sport. The Astros came close the year they went to the World Series but they still weren't exactly "right".

In football even the Luv Ya Blue era Oilers had their shortcomings. The Moon era Oilers always had a chemistry problem. Terrell Owens IS a walking chemistry problem and unless you have your team chemistry just right you're not going to win any titles. Sure, there's the occaisional fluke Raiders team but Dan Snyders Redskins and Les Alexaders Rockets (and Jerry Jones recent Cowboys) demonstrate perfectly what happens when you just throw talented people together without regard to chemistry.

Terrell Owens needs to fall into whatever bottomless pit that Dennis Rodman vanished into.

ChampionTexan
03-30-2009, 10:38 AM

What is the fascination?

Clearly with T.O., conditioning isn't an issue. But I think there's more to it than that.

First, you've just signed with a new team, and half the world is screaming that you're a cancer and a divisive player who will end up harming the team more than anything. Since I strongly believe in the phrase "Perception is reality", why don't you at least attempt to do something that changes perception rather than reinforces it. Attending a non-mandatory activity sends a positive message to your teammates, reinforces management's decision to bring you on board, and can start to chip away at that perception that the world believes is reality. Not doing that feeds the fire.

Secondly, last I heard, timing and chemistry between a QB and a WR is one of the components that will determine the success of that pair on the field. Since I'm not sure T.O. even knows Troy Edwards name, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to take the opportunity to meet the guy, and start developing some sort of relationship. They don't need to become BFF's or anything, but becoming acquainted, and developing some on-field familiarity couldn't hurt.

I understand that there are those who feel like T.O. is the victim in all this. I couldn't disagree more, but that's irrelevent. The reality is that the reputation exists, and whether you want to say it's T.O.'s fault, or it's someone else's fault, there's only one person who can do anything to improve that reputation. That person is T.O., and he doesn't seem to be concerned about it.

Polo
03-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Clearly with T.O., conditioning isn't an issue. But I think there's more to it than that.

First, you've just signed with a new team, and half the world is screaming that you're a cancer and a divisive player who will end up harming the team more than anything. Since I strongly believe in the phrase "Perception is reality", why don't you at least attempt to do something that changes perception rather than reinforces it. Attending a non-mandatory activity sends a positive message to your teammates, reinforces management's decision to bring you on board, and can start to chip away at that perception that the world believes is reality. Not doing that feeds the fire.

I'm a firm believer in being yourself and letting society judge you as they may. The only persons' sanity that I have to worry about is my own, so I'm not gonna put up a front just so people will approve when in reality their opinions mean nothing.

TO's issues when dealing with teammates has nothing to do with him showing up for these voluntary workouts. Showing up for those workouts means nothing when he starts his antics of division when the QB doesn't play how he wants them to.

Basically folks are complaining about the fact that T.O. isn't putting up a front because if you think about it, him showing up for the workouts won't actually mean a whole lot if he tears apart the team like he normally does using division. N.D. Kalu and other players have said that when TO initially arrives to the team he gets along with everyone. So building a rapport and chemistry with his teammates isn't the problem.

HOU-TEX
03-30-2009, 10:53 AM
This wound be a non-issue if TO wasn't such a moron.

I was hoping him going to Buffalo, he would disappear. That has yet to happen, thanks to the media. :gun:

Showtime100
03-30-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm a firm believer in being yourself and letting society judge you as they may. The only persons' sanity that I have to worry about is my own, so I'm not gonna put up a front just so people will approve when in reality their opinions mean nothing.

TO's issues when dealing with teammates has nothing to do with him showing up for these voluntary workouts. Showing up for those workouts means nothing when he starts his antics of division when the QB doesn't play how he wants them to.

Basically folks are complaining about the fact that T.O. isn't putting up a front because if you think about it, him showing up for the workouts won't actually mean a whole lot if he tears apart the team like he normally does using division. N.D. Kalu and other players have said that when TO initially arrives to the team he gets along with everyone. So building a rapport and chemistry with his teammates isn't the problem.

Folks like Owens should think of an alternative strategy. If you're a total moron being yourself doesn't produce the desired results unless you are such a moron you fail to see it.

HoustonFrog
03-30-2009, 11:11 AM
There is just a simplicity into these situations that TO will always fail to grasp. The simplicity here is that "voluntary" is basically "mandatory" in todays NFL if you want to make an impression on coaches, teammates, the media, the fans, etc. It is well and good that he has a personal trainer and always shows up in shape. But after 3 stints and 3 "team cancer" diagnoses, what should have been floating in his head was "if I don't show up they will make a big deal about it so why not bond and workout with the team. I can bring my trainer."

thunderkyss
03-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Bolded not true. Roy Williams the safety and others have come out and said he is a distraction. Some stuck up for him and how he came in shape but the above is not true when it comes to TO overall.

Okay, that's a bit different. I'm talking about the accusation that Owens is putting too much pressure on Romo to get him the ball. No one has corroborated that, or the story about Owens crying about Witten being Romo's favorite target.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/02/safety-roy-williams-speaks-his-mind.html

I'm sure Romo, Witten and others would agree.

Now, what you're talking about, is the same as Romo with his "Star" girlfriends. Should the Cowboys ban Romo from dating during the season?

What about Hall of Fame ex Cowboys

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/013009dnspocowstaubach.383aa81.html

Again, just heresay. No one from the locker room is saying that Owens was a cancer in the locker room.

On another hand I am one who thinks this is what the Bills signed up for and knew he always had his own conditioning

My personal opinion as an ex high school player...who wasnt..lol...was that it was great to be there for conditoning, etc with teammates and that he should be there to get to be with the guys and to show he is serious...perception is everything

If you don't think Terrell Owens is serious about this game by now, him showing up at a voluntary work out is not going to change your mind.

Trust me, he will show up to TC in shape, and ready.

Hervoyel
03-30-2009, 11:58 AM
The one thing I will say about TO in Dallas is that it was almost like he was hiding in plain sight there. Dallas is a place where the QB's girlfriend is going to be a distraction and where the owners facelift might be a distraction. Players on other teams get DUI's and they are in and out of the press quickly. In Dallas they become a part of their history and lore and another distraction. People have given the Cowboys more attention than they deserve for as long as I've been paying attention to the league and they'll be doing it long after I'm gone and Jerry Jones is a memory (unless he's really going to live forever..... but I don't think Al Davis would give the secret of that incantation to another owner. Too risky) They're the team America loves to watch whether we love them or hate them. They aren't America's Team because that explanation is too simplistic. a portion of their audience is there and hangs on every bit of news or information because they love them and another part of their audience is there because they hate them and want to see them lose.

I honestly thought TO would go there and either blow up on the team or just kind of blend in. He'd really just be another flamboyant Cowboys receiver there I believed.

Ultimately though I admit to being a little surprised when he got the boot. They seemed like the one franchise equipped to handle the built in distraction stuff he brings because they have that going on there all the time.

StarStruck
03-30-2009, 12:03 PM

What is the fascination?

I thought that I was the only one. I appreciate the contributions that TO made to our team and the TDs that he made to secure wins. Now that he is no longer a Cowboy my interest in his behavior is casual at best.

HoustonFrog
03-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Okay, that's a bit different. I'm talking about the accusation that Owens is putting too much pressure on Romo to get him the ball. No one has corroborated that, or the story about Owens crying about Witten being Romo's favorite target.

Now, what you're talking about, is the same as Romo with his "Star" girlfriends. Should the Cowboys ban Romo from dating during the season?

Again, just heresay. No one from the locker room is saying that Owens was a cancer in the locker room.

If you don't think Terrell Owens is serious about this game by now, him showing up at a voluntary work out is not going to change your mind.

I'm not saying he won't show up not prepared. I just think, as I explained right above, it would be a smart move to show up. Some of the TO stories haven't been corroborated but they are still there and like I said, Roy Williams and others have said he was a cancer. Here is how I know he is a cancer....on every team guys take sides. There was a TO team and a McNabb team in Philly. There were TO guys...(the other WRs) and Romo/Witten guys in Dallas. In SF there was Mariucci/Garcia guys and TO guys. He is a strong presence and he recruits people..he plants seeds. That is where it all starts. You can be a leader and still be a leader in all the wrong ways.

Personally, I think a bored media will turn whatever he does into something and things like this...the voluntary workouts..aren't a big deal. But I think TO knows this and he should at elast take some reponsibility and do the simple things.

Polo
03-30-2009, 12:13 PM

FWIW, ND Kalu was on the radio a while back discussing his time in Philly with Owens..

He said that initially he was highly charasmatic, very high energy, worked harder than everyone...Said that all of the guys were drawn to him...

But he said later down the road Owens would start to put little birdies in folks ears by saying little negative things about teammates; mainly McNabb. Basically along the lines of, "he sure doesn't move as well or throw that out pattern like he used to".

Basically from ND's perspective Owens came in, got people on his side and then used his popularity amongst teammates to turn them against eachother and propel his point of view.

That said, I think I'd rather have a TO that doesn't interact with his teammates as much and just comes in and works.

HoustonFrog
03-30-2009, 12:33 PM
FWIW, ND Kalu was on the radio a while back discussing his time in Philly with Owens..

He said that initially he was highly charasmatic, very high energy, worked harder than everyone...Said that all of the guys were drawn to him...

But he said later down the road Owens would start to put little birdies in folks ears by saying little negative things about teammates; mainly McNabb. Basically along the lines of, "he sure doesn't move as well or throw that out pattern like he used to".
Basically from ND's perspective Owens came in, got people on his side and then used his popularity amongst teammates to turn them against eachother and propel his point of view.

That said, I think I'd rather have a TO that doesn't interact with his teammates as much and just comes in and works.

Exactly what I put above you. Little jokes or one liners in a locker room plants seeds.

Texecutioner
03-30-2009, 01:01 PM

If you don't get it when he has brought down 3 teams already, then you never will. All of this stuff you keep saying that no one has said this or no one has said that is not true. People have said stuff about him from every team. You just don't pay enough attention obviously and I guess you don't hear about it because team mates on every team have said that and it's always all over the news. And no one needs to say anything when he does it right in front of everyone watching when he is all over the sidelines ripping into his team mates like an over bearing coach would. He does it right in plain view and he is the only player in the NFL that does this on a consistent basis year after year after year with team after team and QB after QB.

The guy is a total piece of work through and through. He has this idea that teams can only win and play well if he's getting the ball all the time, and that isn't true and it has been proven not to be true, because the Eagles went to the SB without TO. As good as he was for them in his first year there, they still played great football without him and got to the SB without him.

WWJD
03-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Just off the top of my head but didn't TO play in that last SB for the Eagles and play pretty well?

And wasn't that a bit controversial because he said McNabb got tired or something?

I don't remember them being back since he's been off that team.

HoustonFrog
03-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Just off the top of my head but didn't TO play in that last SB for the Eagles and play pretty well?

And wasn't that a bit controversial because he said McNabb got tired or something?

Yeah he played great that season for them...they were like 12-2 at the time or something before the horse collar by Williams. He then was out from the end of December to the SB and played in the SB where he caught 9 balls for 122 yards. In 14 games he had 77 catches for 1200 yards and 14 TDs.

infantrycak
03-30-2009, 02:34 PM

McNabb was plagued by injuries the next three seasons as well. Prior to Owens arriving they had been to three straight conference championship games preceded by a division championship game. The SB year was also the first they started relying on Westbrook as their primary RB and he started missing games also.

ChampionTexan
03-30-2009, 02:35 PM

I think the point of this was that the Eagles had made the NFC Championship the three years prior to T.O.'s arrival, so they'd already proven they could get there without him. In '04, T.O. was injured and didn't play in the Championship game, so they won that without any involvement from him, and then lost the Superbowl, which they clearly were capable of doing with or without T.O.

thunderkyss
03-30-2009, 02:49 PM
If you don't get it when he has brought down 3 teams already, then you never will.

Wag the dog, that's what I'm saying.

San Francisco is still messed up.. because of the problem they used Owens as the scapegoat. That coach is out of the league, and no one is begging him to come back, after he showed what kind of coach he really was on two other teams.

That QB. Pro Bowler maybe, but he isn't a Joe Montana, Steve Young, he may not get into the H.O.F. he's neck & neck with Jon Kitna.

Philly..... T.O. left, and they still had issues. Reid, McNabb, who's staying, who's going to be forced to leave? Remember that? that happened, without T.O.

Dallas....... I guarantee you, this year, they will uncover whatever problem it was that they didn't want to address last year, or this off season.

Terrell Owens will continue to put up the numbers expected of him. Terrell Owens will still be one of the better WRs in the league.

Call him a cancer all day long, but he does what he's supposed to do. & if the other people in their respective organizations did what they're supposed to do, everything would be everything.

13 pro-bowlers, the most talented team in all of football, bar none, and they haven't won a Post season game in over a decade.

Because T.O. is a cancer?

I seriously doubt it.

Is he a cancer? Does he have people issues?

Probably so. But this pitty patt whispering in people's ear stuff wouldn't stop a talented middle school JV team from winning in the post season, but you get grown men, a few million dollars, and all of a sudden what?

Texecutioner
03-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Wag the dog, that's what I'm saying.

San Francisco is still messed up.. because of the problem they used Owens as the scapegoat. That coach is out of the league, and no one is begging him to come back, after he showed what kind of coach he really was on two other teams.

That QB. Pro Bowler maybe, but he isn't a Joe Montana, Steve Young, he may not get into the H.O.F. he's neck & neck with Jon Kitna.

Philly..... T.O. left, and they still had issues. Reid, McNabb, who's staying, who's going to be forced to leave? Remember that? that happened, without T.O.

Dallas....... I guarantee you, this year, they will uncover whatever problem it was that they didn't want to address last year, or this off season.

Terrell Owens will continue to put up the numbers expected of him. Terrell Owens will still be one of the better WRs in the league.

Call him a cancer all day long, but he does what he's supposed to do. & if the other people in their respective organizations did what they're supposed to do, everything would be everything.

13 pro-bowlers, the most talented team in all of football, bar none, and they haven't won a Post season game in over a decade.

Because T.O. is a cancer?

I seriously doubt it.

Is he a cancer? Does he have people issues?

Probably so. But this pitty patt whispering in people's ear stuff wouldn't stop a talented middle school JV team from winning in the post season, but you get grown men, a few million dollars, and all of a sudden what?

Just about all of the stuff that you put in this post isn't even accurate.

Texecutioner
03-30-2009, 03:01 PM

A lot of you really need to do your homework on this. The Eagles made it to the SB WITHOUT TO. He wasn't even NEEDED to get there. And for that he trashed management in the off season, trashed his ELITE QB, trashed his coach, and started trying to seperate the locker room.

The Eagles are the one organization that I do respect a lot from all of that, because they didn't put up with his garbage like the Cowboys and the 49ers did. They sent him packing like a stray dog and told him not to ever come back. They didn't care how good he was. He wanted to be a mal content and he was shipped out of there like he should have been.

And funny how you act like you have a point by mentioning how they haven't been back to the SB since he left like it is just some easy thing to do. Well guess what, TO hasn't been on any team that even won a playoff game SINCE HE WAS BOOTED OFF the Eagles. And even with the Eagles he didn't win a playoff game because he was hurt. TO hasn't won anything in the post season since the 49ers.

Polo
03-30-2009, 03:16 PM

I agree with this...

But that's the main reason I wouldn't want him on my team. He doesn't know how to act on a team that's not doing well. He doesn't know how to handle situations where a certain player isn't playing as good as he thinks they should be. And it's like he's too thick headed to realize that all QB's not named Brady and Peyton are going to have a few bad games...Even Brady and Manning's play isn't always stellar..

The difference between the NFL and a highschool team is the money involved. When a certain player starts "whispering" to management and other players about your lack of ability then that player is messing with your career. People tend to be sensitive about that kind of thing.

WWJD
03-30-2009, 03:37 PM
A lot of you really need to do your homework on this. The Eagles made it to the SB WITHOUT TO. He wasn't even NEEDED to get there. And for that he trashed management in the off season, trashed his ELITE QB, trashed his coach, and started trying to seperate the locker room.

The Eagles are the one organization that I do respect a lot from all of that, because they didn't put up with his garbage like the Cowboys and the 49ers did. They sent him packing like a stray dog and told him not to ever come back. They didn't care how good he was. He wanted to be a mal content and he was shipped out of there like he should have been.

And funny how you act like you have a point by mentioning how they haven't been back to the SB since he left like it is just some easy thing to do. Well guess what, TO hasn't been on any team that even won a playoff game SINCE HE WAS BOOTED OFF the Eagles. And even with the Eagles he didn't win a playoff game because he was hurt. TO hasn't won anything in the post season since the 49ers.

Geez take a chill pill...I wasn't saying that they hadn't been back to the SB because TO wasn't playing for them. My point was only that they haven't been back period irregardless of whether he's there or not. You read WAY too much into what I wrote. They definitely have a great front office, great coach and they are a fine organization. I think Reid is one of the best coaches in the NFL period.

WWJD
03-30-2009, 03:39 PM
McNabb was plagued by injuries the next three seasons as well. Prior to Owens arriving they had been to three straight conference championship games preceded by a division championship game. The SB year was also the first they started relying on Westbrook as their primary RB and he started missing games also.

Westbrook is a scary good player. When he's healthy...

Texecutioner
03-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Geez take a chill pill...I wasn't saying that they hadn't been back to the SB because TO wasn't playing for them. My point was only that they haven't been back period irregardless of whether he's there or not. You read WAY too much into what I wrote. They definitely have a great front office, great coach and they are a fine organization. I think Reid is one of the best coaches in the NFL period.

I'm very chill, just disputing your previous post. :)

I just went off of what you said, and wanted to point out how him leaving the team didn't make them really any worse. It was other factors which was mainly health of Mcnabb.

TO hasn't won anything since San Fran though, so it's not like he's been that great in the post season after he left San Fran.

StarStruck
03-30-2009, 03:47 PM

There are just too many details to remember, but I was pretty PO after the Philly Super Bowl, and my problem wasn't with TO. Heck, I really admired that he defied the odds and returned to play in a game that doctors said wouldn't happen. I will have to do my research to see if McNabb was the target of my rath on that evening, but I recall distinctly that Reid was. Only timed I was more ticked was the Cowboys/Giants game last year.

HoustonFrog
03-30-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm very chill, just disputing your previous post. :)

I just went off of what you said, and wanted to point out how him leaving the team didn't make them really any worse. It was other factors which was mainly health of Mcnabb.

TO hasn't won anything since San Fran though, so it's not like he's been that great in the post season after he left San Fran.

As we have talked about in most threads I'm not a TO fan but on the 2004 Eagles I wouldn't exactly say that 1200 yards and 14 TDs didn't help them get to the SB since those games won helped them in their positioning and I wouldn't say that he hasn't done anything in the post season when he caught 9 balls for 122 yards after coming back early from the injury and playing in the SB. Other than that we agree on the cancer and locker room stuff.

Texecutioner
03-30-2009, 04:03 PM
As we have talked about in most threads I'm not a TO fan but on the 2004 Eagles I wouldn't exactly say that 1200 yards and 14 TDs didn't help them get to the SB since those games won helped them in their positioning and I wouldn't say that he hasn't done anything in the post season when he caught 9 balls for 122 yards after coming back early from the injury and playing in the SB. Other than that we agree on the cancer and locker room stuff.

All true facts wise, but this was a team that went to 3 straight NFC conference games before he got there and when he went down they still were winning games and won the two playoff games to get to the SB without him. That team was stacked. They didn't NEED To to get to the playoffs at all. He played great that season and no one could deny that but they were already a great team before he even got there. Yeah, the SB was a very nice performance and all, but look what he did right after that? He blasted off his QB that has always had heart no matter what bull**** TO throws out there about him being tired and exhausted or whatever. He owed a lot more to Mcnabb for leading that team to the SB without TO, but instead blasted him for it.

And the craziest thing about his bashing of Mcnabb in the SB was the fact that he was bashing a QB all because he couldn't torch a team that had shut down every QB in the post season for the last two seasons. No QB in those back to back Patriots SB seasons was out there torching the Patriots defense. TO didn't have one remote reason whatsoever for bashing Mcnabb the way he did.

spurstexanstros
03-30-2009, 04:23 PM
I dont mean to change tangents to this conversation because I feel that you guys bring up some good points. However , as I was reading this I recalled an argument I had with a Cowboy fan here or on the other board this time last year about who would you wrather have TO or Andre Johnson. The argument got heated (almost as heated as this one) but it is funny to hear the same arguments one year later and to this day I say thank you God we have Andre and my 4 year old can wear his jersey and I dont feel bad about it.

CloakNNNdagger
03-30-2009, 06:48 PM
There is just a simplicity into these situations that TO will always fail to grasp. The simplicity here is that "voluntary" is basically "mandatory" in todays NFL if you want to make an impression on coaches, teammates, the media, the fans, etc. It is well and good that he has a personal trainer and always shows up in shape. But after 3 stints and 3 "team cancer" diagnoses, what should have been floating in his head was "if I don't show up they will make a big deal about it so why not bond and workout with the team. I can bring my trainer."

I have reviewed the records and examined the patient. And after his 3 previously documented cancers, I now confidently diagnose him as a recurrent "premalignant" lesion, which if not removed will progress to full malignant cancer #4 with widespread team metastasis.:tiphat:

CloakNNNdagger
04-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Someone else that believes that T.O could use some therapy:

PFT (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/09/to-misquoted-again/)

T.O. Misquoted, Again
Posted by Mike Florio on April 9, 2009, 5:12 p.m. EDT
When it comes to Terrell Owens and controversy, itís always someone elseís fault.

Never his.

So, once again, Owens has claimed that he was misquoted when he recently said that he would only participate in his new teamís mandatory offseason sessions.

ďOTAs, Iím there,Ē Owens said at a Thursday news conference, according to Tim Graham of ESPN.com. ďIíve never been absent from any OTAs that a team has been part of.

ďWhen I was in San Francisco and Philly, we didnít have OTAs, but the last couple of teams that Iíve been with, thatís when they implemented the OTA program. Iíve been a part of those, and I have yet to miss one.Ē

As Graham points out, Owens routinely has missed OTAs in Dallas, and in Philly. Even though he claims that the Eagles didnít have OTAs when he was a member of the team.

But never mind things like, you know, facts. The bigger issue is that Owens consistently is persecuted.

ďWhat I find so unfair about it is Iím not the only guy out of 32 teams that didnít show up to voluntary and optional weight sessions and running,Ē Owens said. ďThatís whatís so frustrating about the whole thing.Ē

Thatís right, Terrell. Itís our fault. Not yours. Youíve never done anything to merit such scrutiny.

Other than be awesome.

ďEverybody nitpicks at anything and everything that I do,Ē Owens said. ďBut I realize thatís part of it, and it motivates me.Ē

Dude (and may I call you dude?), you really are delusional. And you can afford treatment for it.

Wolf
04-09-2009, 05:04 PM
http://www.motheringhut.com/audible/images/art_iloveme_shirt.jpg

bah007
04-09-2009, 05:05 PM
I'll give him this: there are tons of veterans in the league that don't go to the voluntary workouts and they don't get called out for it in the media.

Then again, how many of them have the same history that TO does?

TimeKiller
04-09-2009, 05:37 PM

reap what you sow

people get what they deserve

that's the way the cookie crumbles

when in rome

Specnatz
04-09-2009, 07:39 PM
I'll give him this: there are tons of veterans in the league that don't go to the voluntary workouts and they don't get called out for it in the media.

Actually there would be no story at all if TO would have said from the get go that he was not going to the S&C workouts and to the OTAs but no he said he would be there for both. Then he said he does not go to any workout that is not mandatory. Now he is changing it yet again and blaming others for his comments he said live on tape.

If he would say what he means and do what he says this would not be a story.

bah007
04-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Actually there would be no story at all if TO would have said from the get go that he was not going to the S&C workouts and to the OTAs but no he said he would be there for both. Then he said he does not go to any workout that is not mandatory. Now he is changing it yet again and blaming others for his comments he said live on tape.

If he would say what he means and do what he says this would not be a story.

I'm not saying it's undeserved.

I just wish ESPN didn't give me an update every time TO went to the bathroom.

Ckw
04-10-2009, 12:37 AM
I'm not saying it's undeserved.

I just wish ESPN didn't give me an update every time TO went to the bathroom.

Agreed. Call TO what you want. Cancer? Check. Annoying? Check. Selfish? Check. But above all, the guy is a diva. The guy loves drama, loves attention, and is a cancer because when it boils down to it, he doesn't give a crap about his team. Does he want his team to succeed? Of course. But the only reason he wants his team to succeed is because it makes him feel good. He isn't a teammate through the good times and bad. The guy is a diva.

ubecool454
04-10-2009, 01:33 PM

Note, that his new tiptoeing coach is already sounding like his last coach. Owen states that he has always kept in top shape with solo personal workouts.........and no one can really argue with T.O taking care of T.O.
However, again, T.O is starting off isolating himself from the rest of the team.
In doing so, he will again find himself ostracized by most of his peers and many of his coaches.................and, again, wondering "why?"

T.O. has stated that all he needs is " a new beginning." Too bad, all that he is setting up to accomplish is "an familiar old ending."

T.O. loves to be the villian. I talked to him the other day and he said, "I have to do something to keep my name in the news. T.O. also told me that he wants to be involved in Pro wrasslin after his playing days are over but, he wants to be the villian. I would love to see T.O. / Dennis Rodman tag team and have Don King as the manager.

CloakNNNdagger
04-10-2009, 01:44 PM
T.O. loves to be the villian. I talked to him the other day and he said, "I have to do something to keep my name in the news. T.O. also told me that he wants to be involved in Pro wrasslin after his playing days are over but, he wants to be the villian. I would love to see T.O. / Dennis Rodman tag team and have Don King as the manager.

Likely, he'll get his wish............sooner rather than later.

Wolf
04-10-2009, 01:49 PM
he already has the catch phrase for wrasslin'

"I love me some me" and sadly I can imagine a whole stadium saying that and the marketing that would come out of it.

Spled
04-12-2009, 12:08 AM
http://www.yardbarker.com/media/7/e/7e1709717d81f6e029068c0ea4681603a7bf5506/xl/-1.jpg