PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Earl looks to be signing with the Bears

drewmar74
03-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Meh.

On the same day new safety Josh Bullocks got his hands on a couple of passes, the Bears looked to add some more depth to the secondary.

The club gave safety Glenn Earl a physical after the conclusion of minicamp Thursday afternoon. The Naperville North and Notre Dame product could sign a contract today. Earl was one of five players participating in the three-day minicamp on a tryout basis.

Earl, who turns 28 in June, was a productive player for the Houston Texans and new secondary coach Jon Hoke before injuries took a toll. He made 31 starts through his first three seasons and had a career-high 74 tackles in 2006. Earl was knocked out with a torn Lisfranc ligament in his foot during the 2007 preseason in a game at Reliant Stadium. He was released by the Texans at the end of last summer.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/03/napervilles_earl_could_be_sign.html

TEXANS84
03-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Good for Earl, Naperville is just a short drive from Chicago. For him to return to his home city and play for Hoke again could be a good thing.

HOU-TEX
03-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Looks like Hoke is trying his damnedest to screw the Bears secondary up.

drewmar74
03-20-2009, 09:46 AM

Maybe they can sign Petey, also.

Ole Miss Texan
03-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Looks like Hoke is trying his damnedest to screw the Bears secondary up.:spit:

HOU-TEX
03-20-2009, 09:51 AM

Ha, I wouldn't be a bit surprised. You notice that the Texans haven't made an attempt to retain him once Hoke got fired? IMO, it's obvious Hoke kept him around.

nunusguy
03-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Ha, I wouldn't be a bit surprised. You notice that the Texans haven't made an attempt to retain him once Hoke got fired? IMO, it's obvious Hoke kept him around.

I dunno, you mean obvious like it's obvious Studdard manages to ramain on the Texans roster because of Kubiaks presence ?

HoustonFrog
03-20-2009, 10:15 AM

LOL..who knows, he may thrive there ala Marlon McCree. They seem to find something elsewhere.

DiehardChris
03-21-2009, 02:32 AM
You notice that the Texans haven't made an attempt to retain him once Hoke got fired? IMO, it's obvious Hoke kept him around.

Hoke didn't keep him around - he was cut back in August. He hasn't been Texan for quite a long time.

Lucky
03-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Hoke didn't keep him around - he was cut back in August. He hasn't been Texan for quite a long time.
You're talking about Glenn Earl. Which is understandable, as this is a thread about Glenn Earl.

Drewmar74 & HOU-TEX were discussing Petey.

I don't know whether David Gibbs will succeed as the Texans secondary coach. I'm just glad he's here and Jon Hoke is gone.

HJam72
03-21-2009, 03:16 PM
We'll give you Earl if you'll take Faggins.

Deal:

Bears get: Earl

Texans get: rid of Faggins.

False Start
03-21-2009, 03:23 PM
I had high hopes for Glenn Earl..... I wish the guy the best. :cool:

DiehardChris
03-21-2009, 03:50 PM
You're talking about Glenn Earl. Which is understandable, as this is a thread about Glenn Earl.

Drewmar74 & HOU-TEX were discussing Petey.

I don't know whether David Gibbs will succeed as the Texans secondary coach. I'm just glad he's here and Jon Hoke is gone.

Wow, I read the entire thread to make sure he WAS talking about Earl - but failed to read the part of his post that he quoted - LOL.

Sorry about that, nothing to see here... Thanks for the clarification, Lucky.

Austrian
03-21-2009, 06:16 PM
I wish him good luck. I'll always remember that crunching hit he laid on Jeremy Shockey back in 06 vs. the Giants. One of the hardest hits in Texans history.

mexican_texan
03-21-2009, 11:56 PM
I always liked the guy, I hope he does well in Chi-town.

HOU-TEX
03-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Wow, I read the entire thread to make sure he WAS talking about Earl - but failed to read the part of his post that he quoted - LOL.

Sorry about that, nothing to see here... Thanks for the clarification, Lucky.

LOL! Sorry, man. I'm pretty good at unintentionally derailing threads. :shades: