PDA

View Full Version : Faggins signs with the Titans

HOU-TEX
03-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Free agent CB DeMarcus Faggins visited the Dolphins on Wednesday.

The Fins are likely viewing him as a third or fourth corner. An "original" Texan, Faggins was often burned in starting opportunities for Houston.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

Texans34Life
03-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Please leave the Texans and infect the smelly Fish. :)

CloakNNNdagger
03-18-2009, 08:24 PM
5 interceptions in 7 seasons (all in 2 seasons) with an additional 31 pass defenses.........in 7 seasons.

OMG!!! I just realized...............from a mere boy, he was groomed as a saboutage plant by the Dallas Girls (born in IRVING, TX!!!!!!) How could we have missed this?..........How?!:cry2:

TexanSam
03-18-2009, 08:49 PM
This is one original Texan I would not mind leaving.

DiehardChris
03-18-2009, 08:52 PM
I can't imagine any scenario where the Texans would re-sign him.

mattieuk
03-18-2009, 09:10 PM
I can't imagine any scenario where the Texans would re-sign him.

True. Only a night of beer, weed, prostitutes in a gun ladened car for D-Rob, Reeves, Bennett and Molden could get Faggins a Texans uniform on again.

Lucky
03-18-2009, 09:13 PM
How bad is the CB situation in Miami to consider signing Petey? How did Sparano get that team into the playoffs? I'm still amazed.

Joe Texan
03-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Who is Faggins, Oh thats right he is the guy who was never in a play was he not. And He is a Cow Boy fan to boot.

TexanSam
03-18-2009, 09:20 PM
True. Only a night of beer, weed, prostitutes in a gun ladened car for D-Rob, Reeves, Bennett and Molden could get Faggins a Texans uniform on again.

Not even. The Texans front office would look at who we have left (Petey) and would probably welcome them back in a heartbeat.

Petey Faggins scares me more when he's starting than Rosie O'Donnell in a bikini.

kiwitexansfan
03-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Just remember P-Burnt went on to sign a big contract after being run out of Houston.... maybe Faggins will find a system he works in......

:sarcasm:

Ole Miss Texan
03-18-2009, 10:55 PM
So let's look at our cornerback depth:
Reeves- I like him and think he's currently our best CB, most on here seem to hate him.
Dunta- Just got franchised, may not be back next year. Coming off a severe injury and even when he played last season was not 100%. Gave up the same amount or more TDs in 6 games as Reeves did in 16.
Bennett- Was eased in his rookie season and looked great. Had a huge sophomore slump. Must improve.
Molden- Excellent special teams player and apparently was looking to start getting more playing time. Got injured late in the season. Recovery is unknown.
Wilson- Eugene is playing FS for us b/c we have nobody else to and Von Hutchins, our former cb/s guy went to the ATL.

Then we've got some guys that have never made the 53 man roster that I'm aware of. So as much as everyone wants to throw Faggins to the wolves... or the Tuna for this matter :) The cornerback position just looked a little more bleak to me. Maybe Faggins should never be a part of it, but after looking at what we have right now... CB just moved up on my list of needs. Maybe we need to start thinking about reaching for Alphonso Smith...

TimeKiller
03-19-2009, 09:05 AM
na na na naaaaaa
na na na naaaaaaaaa
hey hey hey
you-oooo suuuuuuuuck!!!!!!!

teh byzors petri

drewmar74
03-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Please let him sign with Miami....

The cornerback position just looked a little more bleak to me. Maybe Faggins should never be a part of it, but after looking at what we have right now... CB just moved up on my list of needs....

Correct. Faggins shouldn't be a part of it and I also think that CB should be waaaaay on up there in terms of shopping lists.

HOU-TEX
03-19-2009, 10:11 AM
So let's look at our cornerback depth:
Reeves- I like him and think he's currently our best CB, most on here seem to hate him.
Dunta- Just got franchised, may not be back next year. Coming off a severe injury and even when he played last season was not 100%. Gave up the same amount or more TDs in 6 games as Reeves did in 16.
Bennett- Was eased in his rookie season and looked great. Had a huge sophomore slump. Must improve.
Molden- Excellent special teams player and apparently was looking to start getting more playing time. Got injured late in the season. Recovery is unknown.
Wilson- Eugene is playing FS for us b/c we have nobody else to and Von Hutchins, our former cb/s guy went to the ATL.

Then we've got some guys that have never made the 53 man roster that I'm aware of. So as much as everyone wants to throw Faggins to the wolves... or the Tuna for this matter :) The cornerback position just looked a little more bleak to me. Maybe Faggins should never be a part of it, but after looking at what we have right now... CB just moved up on my list of needs. Maybe we need to start thinking about reaching for Alphonso Smith...

For every Faggins type CB, there are 50 more just like him.

In other words, practically any CB can come in and produce just as much, if not more, than Petey. Great guy, bad CB.

spurstexanstros
03-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Please oh please...I need this today...please let him sign and please let him sign with a team we play. That way we can tell Schaub to throw at that guy. We can finally take advantage of Big Play Petey.

Oh for the love of God please let him sign elsewhere...please. I dont ask for much....

spurstexanstros
03-19-2009, 10:22 AM

Often burned....biggest understatement of the year. I blame him for at least 10 to 15 losses in 7 years.

HOU-TEX
03-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Faggins now visiting the titans.

Free agent cornerback DeMarcus Faggins of the Houston Texans will visit the Tennessee Titans at Baptist Sports Park today.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=66938

Polo
03-19-2009, 11:45 AM
For every Faggins type CB, there are 50 more just like him.

In other words, practically any CB can come in and produce just as much, if not more, than Petey. Great guy, bad CB.

I dunno...

It's not like Faggins hasn't had competition for his roster spot...No not great competition, but we have had some bodies back there that have had the opprotunity...

Mr teX
03-19-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm sure Lee Evans is happy about this potential move by the fins...

spurstexanstros
03-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Faggins now visiting the titans.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=66938

Please oh please sign there between Cortie and him our Receivers would have 500 yards against them.

TheRealJoker
03-19-2009, 04:42 PM
I'd like to see the Texans pick up a vet CB to bring to training camp like they did last season at safety with Eugene Wilson and Nick Ferguson. A guy like Samari Rolle would provide a good insurance policy if Gibbs Jr. doesn't feel confident that one of our younger players like Bennett or Molden can step up in the rotation when needed.

drewmar74
03-19-2009, 05:23 PM
I'd like to see the Texans pick up a vet CB to bring to training camp like they did last season at safety with Eugene Wilson and Nick Ferguson. A guy like Samari Rolle would provide a good insurance policy if Gibbs Jr. doesn't feel confident that one of our younger players like Bennett or Molden can step up in the rotation when needed.

You know what, TRJ - I just thought of something....

If Faggins is playing somewhere other than here next year, you're one step closer to being able to forget your vow of celibacy. You will no longer have to be "master of your domain."

Joe Texan
03-19-2009, 08:12 PM
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090319/SPORTS01/90319042/1027

Please sign and start for Tennesee

And wow look I am Dunta's number Post #23 Awesome

infantrycak
03-19-2009, 08:30 PM
I know everyone is giddy at the thought of Faggins being off the team, but there is an irony to a player clearly not being good enough to make it on a weak Texans unit and heading out to interview with two playoff teams--one of which has watched him play twice a year for seven years.

On the flip side, it's nice to see Texans discards in demand rather than on the couch.

mexican_texan
03-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Anyone remember Lewis Sanders? He wasn't great with us and caught on with another team. I think it's more indicative of the poor talent pool of available CBs rather than our great corners. Von Hutchins, Houston's most famous Von before Wafer, caught on with the Falcons, but ended up on IR.

Ryan
03-19-2009, 10:21 PM
I hope he leaves. He made me wanna :gun: after the time he tried to "cover" Calvin Johnson.

ObsiWan
03-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Well, I'll go on record as wishing him well wherever he ends up. I see you guys noting that he got burned by Lee Evans and Calvin Johnson... my question is: who didn't get burned by those guys??

And I also find it interesting that Buchanan found some game once he got on with a team that had something resembling a legit pass rush...

...I'm just sayin'

Wolf
03-19-2009, 11:50 PM
I know everyone is giddy at the thought of Faggins being off the team, but there is an irony to a player clearly not being good enough to make it on a weak Texans unit and heading out to interview with two playoff teams--one of which has watched him play twice a year for seven years.

On the flip side, it's nice to see Texans discards in demand rather than on the couch.

agreed.. Faggins (if he leaves or whatever) will always be in one of my favorite Texans pictures

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/downloads/wallpaper/640x480/battle_red.jpg

spurstexanstros
03-20-2009, 10:57 AM
agreed.. Faggins (if he leaves or whatever) will always be in one of my favorite Texans pictures

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/downloads/wallpaper/640x480/battle_red.jpg

Yeah it was only 1 one his five pics in seven years...gotta remember that

HOU-TEX
03-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Looks like Petey's making his rounds. Headin to Cleveland for a visit now.

Free agent CB DeMarcus Faggins will visit the Browns on Friday.

Interest in Faggins is heating up. He may only be getting slightly above minimum contract offers, but has made three visits in the last three days.

Mr teX
03-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Well, I'll go on record as wishing him well wherever he ends up. I see you guys noting that he got burned by Lee Evans and Calvin Johnson... my question is: who didn't get burned by those guys??

And I also find it interesting that Buchanan found some game once he got on with a team that had something resembling a legit pass rush...

...I'm just sayin'

Well, lets just say there is a HUGE difference between a 1st degree & 3rd degree burn & he was 3rd degree'd by those guys....

BigBull17
03-20-2009, 11:51 AM

...I'm just sayin'

The question is, WHo didnt butn Petey?

Vinny
03-20-2009, 11:55 AM

On the flip side, it's nice to see Texans discards in demand rather than on the couch.Faggins has given us excellent production for a late round draft pick. I think our fans are unfair to him myself.

bah007
03-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Faggins has given us excellent production for a late round draft pick. I think our fans are unfair to him myself.

I think the fans are unfair to him also.

I have always like Faggins. He isn't the most talented guy, but when he got his shot he always played his heart out.

It's frustrating that a guy at his skill level got so much playing time, but I respect him for the way he has handled himself here.

Wherever he ends up, I hope he does well. He's a good guy.

eriadoc
03-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Faggins has given us excellent production for a late round draft pick. I think our fans are unfair to him myself.

Insofar as he was miscast, I agree. I have had a huge problem with Faggins being on the field and being given assignments like Calvin Johnson and Lee Evans. You have to be a moron to think that Faggins can hang with either of those guys. However, if Faggins had consistently been the dime back (possibly nickel) for his time here in Houston, I think we'd all have more positive opinions of him.

I like the guy and I wish him well, and I hope he ends up in a situation that fits his talents. I'm also happy he's moving on.

Vinny
03-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Insofar as he was miscast, I agree. I have had a huge problem with Faggins being on the field and being given assignments like Calvin Johnson and Lee Evans. You have to be a moron to think that Faggins can hang with either of those guys. However, if Faggins had consistently been the dime back (possibly nickel) for his time here in Houston, I think we'd all have more positive opinions of him.

I like the guy and I wish him well, and I hope he ends up in a situation that fits his talents. I'm also happy he's moving on.he was the best we had...speaks more of the lack of talent overall on the defense than Faggins being a rotten player. He isn't a CB1 or CB2, he's a nick back.

SheTexan
03-20-2009, 12:32 PM

Thanks Vinny for saying this! I've stayed out of this particular thread, but, I've always had a soft spot for Petey. Maybe it's that damn pic! lol I don't know. I just think he gave us everything he had to offer. I wish him well, and hope he finds success with another team, except the Titans.!!

spurstexanstros
03-20-2009, 01:16 PM

And that production would be what now???? I guess this:
5 interceptions in 7 seasons (all in 2 seasons) with an additional 31 pass defenses.........in 7 seasons.

Its not being unfair...its a fact...dude sucks. It was no coincidence that once he was benched the defense started playing better and the team started winning. the dude flat out sucks. I dont know why there are so many people making excuses for the guy. Teams looked for him, because on third and 5's he game them an 8 yard cushion. Marvin Harrison had career days against this guy. Over the years he has cost us more games than David Carr ever did (10 to 15 ) . If the other team made a big play late in the game guess who was there with his # 38 jersey facing the camera guarding guy catching game winning touchdown or the third down that got them in Fg position. Yes that is right "Big Play" Petey Faggins. Lee Evans made it to the pro bowl on this guy.

he was the best we had...speaks more of the lack of talent overall on the defense than Faggins being a rotten player. He isn't a CB1 or CB2, he's a nick back.

I am sorry he is not , Fred Bennett was better than him the moment he put on a Texans uni. I believe has has more pics than Faggins. Once Bennett was inserted in the linup and Petey was relegated to special teams, the defense started making stops. Coincidence .......I think not. Good guy..yes ...I am sorry but he sucks.

El Tejano
03-22-2009, 03:53 PM
In that pic of Peetey in the stands, there is one person that needs to be noted. His name is Marlon Mcree. When he was here we had a productive secondary with no pass rush.

thunderkyss
03-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Count me as a Petey Fan.

I've always thought his problem was coaching. I think if he can get on with a team that design, scheme, and dictate he'd have a pretty good career.

I never blamed him for being the best corner we've got.. or one of the two best....

But he played as best he could, leaving nothing on the field.

Expecting him to be Dione Sanders never made sense to me.

eriadoc
03-23-2009, 02:25 AM
And that production would be what now???? I guess this:

Its not being unfair...its a fact...dude sucks. It was no coincidence that once he was benched the defense started playing better and the team started winning. the dude flat out sucks. I dont know why there are so many people making excuses for the guy. Teams looked for him, because on third and 5's he game them an 8 yard cushion. Marvin Harrison had career days against this guy. Over the years he has cost us more games than David Carr ever did (10 to 15 ) . If the other team made a big play late in the game guess who was there with his # 38 jersey facing the camera guarding guy catching game winning touchdown or the third down that got them in Fg position. Yes that is right "Big Play" Petey Faggins. Lee Evans made it to the pro bowl on this guy.

I am sorry he is not , Fred Bennett was better than him the moment he put on a Texans uni. I believe has has more pics than Faggins. Once Bennett was inserted in the linup and Petey was relegated to special teams, the defense started making stops. Coincidence .......I think not. Good guy..yes ...I am sorry but he sucks.

None of that addresses the point that Vinny and I both made, that Faggins was mis-cast as a player. Sure, Harrison had a great day against him. Lee Evans had a great day against him. Cal Johnson had a great day against him, etc., etc., etc. The point is, whoever thought it was a good idea for Faggins to cover those guys was a moron moreso than Faggins was a bad player. Faggins is a nickel back, not a starter. Faggins should be going up against the 3rd WR, not the star WR. So yeah, Faggins against the star WR sucks. But if we'd seen more Faggins vs. their 3rd WR over the years, we might all have a slightly more kind opinion of Faggins.

So I'm basically agreeing with you that Faggins is not a great player, but let's keep some perspective.

GP
03-23-2009, 10:10 AM
In that pic of Peetey in the stands, there is one person that needs to be noted. His name is Marlon Mcree. When he was here we had a productive secondary with no pass rush.

Didn't we also have Dunta and Aaron Glenn at that time, as well? The David Carr years are just a blur for me--I mean, it was a time when you programmed yourself to forget each season after it concluded.

If those guys were all on the team at the same time...then that was a decent secondary, IMO.

spurstexanstros
03-23-2009, 11:41 AM
None of that addresses the point that Vinny and I both made, that Faggins was mis-cast as a player. Sure, Harrison had a great day against him. Lee Evans had a great day against him. Cal Johnson had a great day against him, etc., etc., etc. The point is, whoever thought it was a good idea for Faggins to cover those guys was a moron moreso than Faggins was a bad player. Faggins is a nickel back, not a starter. Faggins should be going up against the 3rd WR, not the star WR. So yeah, Faggins against the star WR sucks. But if we'd seen more Faggins vs. their 3rd WR over the years, we might all have a slightly more kind opinion of Faggins.

So I'm basically agreeing with you that Faggins is not a great player, but let's keep some perspective.

Not exactly, Faggins was the achilles heel in our secondary.

The team began to move hime around in what I like to call "Hide the Petey" the took him off of the other teams#1(Dunta covered the #1) and hid him in the coverage and teams looked for him and whoever he guarded had a big day.

There is no justification for keeping this guy...he was bad and the less he played the better our secondary got. Bottom line.

Jackie Chiles
04-01-2009, 05:24 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/0-9-4/Faggins-goes-from-Texans-to-Titans.html

Faggins signs with the Titans. I doubt it is for a lot of cash but geeze. This is not an April Fools post fwiw, at least I don't believe it is.

HOU-TEX
04-01-2009, 05:27 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/0-9-4/Faggins-goes-from-Texans-to-Titans.html

Faggins signs with the Titans. I doubt it is for a lot of cash but geeze. This is not an April Fools post fwiw, at least I don't believe it is.

Good for him. Doubtful he'd be a starter, but I really hope AJ rips him a new one many a time/

Texan_Bill
04-01-2009, 05:31 PM
From the link provided above:

Contract details are unknown. But I suspect if Cary Williams and a draft pick or two outplay Faggins in the preseason, he might not be on the team on opening day.

Shaft75
04-01-2009, 05:33 PM

:smiliedance::smiliedance: :smiliedance::smiliedance: :smiliedance::smiliedance:

HOU-TEX
04-01-2009, 05:34 PM
From the link provided above:

Well, Hoke used to applaud Faggins every camp......not that that means anything or anything. :confused:

False Start
04-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Good for him. Doubtful he'd be a starter, but I really hope AJ rips him a new one many a time/

That was my first thought, if he makes the team. :cool:

Texan_Bill
04-01-2009, 06:03 PM
And from the ICOU message board (gotits.com) this gem:

He played for the Texans. Give the guy a break. Anyone is automatically 10x's worse playing for that team.

I found this one funny, though.:

Faggins is a member of the 'worst names to have in sports' club, led by Rudy Gay and Lucious Pusey.

Harry Colon and Johnny Dickshot are the founding fathers of this club.

Dread-Head
04-01-2009, 06:06 PM

THANKYAJESUS!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwEMxYggoKQ :smiliedance:

False Start
04-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Faggins is a member of the 'worst names to have in sports' club, led by Rudy Gay and Lucious Pusey.

Harry Colon and Johnny Dickshot are the founding fathers of this club.

They left out Dick Trickle...... :heh:

Texans34Life
04-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Sweet, now Schaub can burn him for points. :D

Insideop
04-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Didn't see this posted anywhere. Mods please delete or move as you see fit.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6354192.html

TimeKiller
04-01-2009, 06:50 PM
"Yo Petey, help me guarding Andre...what did you used to do?"

-Courtland Finnegan's Career Tombstone

CloakNNNdagger
04-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Already report in the Nation Football League forum........please merge.

TheRealJoker
04-01-2009, 07:31 PM
I wonder how Faggins will look on the Tacks.

With Richard Smith and Vic Fangio as coordinators he looked like decent as a nickel back but failed miserably as a starting CB.

I'd imagine Fisher will NEVER have him man to man on a team's best WR so I dont think he'll make the lowlight reels too often in Tennessee unfortunately.

edo783
04-01-2009, 07:36 PM
They left out Dick Trickle...... :heh:

Off topic and a totally obscure item, Dick Trickle was pretty good NASCAR driver. Not top tier, but pretty good. You are right though, terrible name to grow up with.

Brando
04-01-2009, 07:36 PM
This is good news but I bet he doesn't make the team. If so, GREAT!:splits:

toronto
04-01-2009, 08:15 PM
He is at best a nickle back, at worst dime or cut.....

Finnegan and Harper are 1 and 2....

DocBar
04-01-2009, 08:38 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6354192.html
Didn't see this posted. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I guess I hope he hits the startting lineup whenwe play them.

mussop
04-01-2009, 08:42 PM
First they loose Haynesworth now they have Peey roming their secondary. HELL YEH BRINGEM ON!!!!!!!!

DiehardChris
04-01-2009, 08:43 PM
We sign Chris Brown last year, now they get Faggins. We're trading trash.

mexican_texan
04-01-2009, 08:58 PM
This is just what we needed to jump start Jacoby's career.

False Start
04-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Off topic and a totally obscure item, Dick Trickle was pretty good NASCAR driver. Not top tier, but pretty good. You are right though, terrible name to grow up with.

Oh yeah I loved Dick Trickle, he ran the hell out of that 99 car. :cool:

DocBar
04-01-2009, 09:09 PM

OMG!!! I just realized...............from a mere boy, he was groomed as a saboutage plant by the Dallas Girls (born in IRVING, TX!!!!!!) How could we have missed this?..........How?!:cry2: He was DEFINITELY an UNDERCOVER CB. No doubt about THAT!!! I just hope he plays against us.

kiwitexansfan
04-01-2009, 09:23 PM
This smells of the Titans wanting to pick someone’s brain about our offensive system.

Brando
04-01-2009, 10:21 PM
I just thought about this....
I hope this isn't an April Fools joke. :gun:

Dread-Head
04-01-2009, 10:24 PM
How do I feel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaZCZnmdmbA
:splits:

imatexan
04-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Thank god he is gone!!!
He is going to fit rite in with the Titans, a bunch of losers!
Wooo!!!!

ChampionTexan
04-01-2009, 10:59 PM
I believe Petey is the answer to a disturbing Texans trivia question (although I'm not sure if the emphasis for this question is on the disturbing or the trivial aspect of it).

Until Dunta signs the franchise tender (or a new deal), Petey is the only Houston Texans defensive draft choice to actually stick with the Texans beyond his rookie contract. Right now he's the only one, but he will always be the first (see what I mean - both disturbing and trivial).

We've had several on offense who qualify, starting with the '02 draft (HHWNBN, Pitts, and Weary), and as recently as the '06 draft (Winston, and probably soon, OD), but none on the defensive side of the ball besides Petey.

Yet another part of the explanation as to just why our defense has performed the way it has the last couple of years.

Nawzer
04-02-2009, 12:26 AM
I guess we can look forward to Faggins getting burned by the entire Texans receiving corps. Good times...

Texan4Ever
04-02-2009, 12:33 AM
I guess we can look forward to Faggins getting burned by the entire Texans receiving corps. Good times...

Well, since he played with us and practiced against our star wideouts, I think it won't be a complete blowout!

Carr Bombed
04-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Well, since he played with us and practiced against our star wideouts, I think it won't be a complete blowout!

Did you watch the MNF game a few seasons back where the Colts got their first crack at ex-teammate Jason David.......it wasn't pretty. On a couple of TD drives they just threw at him exclusively.

SouthSideTexan
04-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Faggins just signed with the Titans today. The football gods must be smiling down on us and frowning on the titans. I think I'm gonna go sacrifice a drunk chicken and get hammered in celebration.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/titans-agree-to-terms-with-faggins/b9fa86db-0668-40b1-a38a-45615283017d

Polo
04-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Don't be surprised if Faggins looks better playing for them than he looked playing for us.

imatexan
04-02-2009, 01:11 PM
This was yerterday?

And we already have a thread for this.

ChrisG
04-02-2009, 01:13 PM
that put a smile on my face

I LOVE THIS SIGNING - we finally got rid of him :d:

on a side note shouldn't this be in the NFL section as he is no longer a texan? :)

Showtime100
04-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Faggins just signed with the Titans today. The football gods must be smiling down on us and frowning on the titans. I think I'm gonna go sacrifice a drunk chicken and get hammered in celebration.

Just don't wear any feathers near a mirror my friend. :tiphat:

Man, Tennesse's not gonna like Faggins..lol.

Hervoyel
04-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Oh yeah I loved Dick Trickle, he ran the hell out of that 99 car. :cool:

Dude! Regardless of what your feelings for a particular drivers ability may be you never say "I love dick trickle...."

Never. It just isn't done.

Texaninlild
04-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Well I know where the ball is going when we play the Titans.

Wolf
04-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Dude! Regardless of what your feelings for a particular drivers ability may be you never say "I love dick trickle...."

man law QFT

The Pencil Neck
04-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Mods? Please merge?

Wolf
04-02-2009, 01:37 PM
they added a thread to nfl section on it (title got changed once he signed)
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1152700#post1152700

False Start
04-02-2009, 01:47 PM

Yeah, you're right I'm guilty. I noticed that after I posted it, I was just too lazy to edit... :sleep: :cool:

SouthSideTexan
04-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Sorry...... didn't see the other post. :bag:

Porky
04-02-2009, 01:59 PM

I doubt he will see the field too much unless he suprises. Who knows, maybe a change of scenery and some better coaching can help, but he is somewhat limited athletically.

I say thank you to him as he was an original Texan, a 6th rd pick who was a good value that late in the draft and who gave his all. I have nothing bad to say about the guy.

Wolf
04-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Sorry...... didn't see the other post. :bag:

don't worry, I did the same thing yesterday :thud:

Blazing Arrow
04-02-2009, 02:08 PM

The ground as Shammy gets sacked?

infantrycak
04-02-2009, 02:33 PM
The ground as Shammy gets sacked?

Good luck with that theory this year without Haynesworth.

Yankee_In_TX
04-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Yay!!!!!! Just heard on 790's Lightning Round, had too Google it pretty hard to find news. AJ can burn him now :)

spurstexanstros
04-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Great news.....I will have more to say on this ....dinner time for me and AJ

ensign_lee
04-02-2009, 10:56 PM
I like Faggins. Always seemed like a stand up guy; gave it his all and made a career after being a 6th round draft pick. Can't really ask for more than what he gave us effortwise and what not.

Sad to see him go, but the NFL of today is like that.

Now that he plays for the Titans, let's hope Andre and the other receivers remember how it was practicing against him. GO TEXANS!

Blazing Arrow
09-04-2009, 06:17 PM
And he was cut ... sorry no chance at him getting lit up by which ever QB you have playing at the time of the games.

DiehardChris
09-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Damn.

mexican_texan
09-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Fugme. We were close.

Specnatz
09-04-2009, 08:37 PM
And he was cut ... sorry no chance at him getting lit up by which ever QB you have playing at the time of the games.

That is OK we have AJ he will light anyone up.

Blazing Arrow
09-04-2009, 10:43 PM
That is OK we have AJ he will light anyone up.

Yup ... he will get you 100+ yards and a TD and you will still lose the game and the record repeats.

Like in '07 and '03.. right ... and ... well I guess that is the only time he has gotten 100 yards on us and one of those was a loss.

Since you are 3-12 against the Titans I think proof is in the pudding.

Specnatz
09-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Yup ... he will get you 100+ yards and a TD and you will still lose the game and the record repeats.

Like in '07 and '03.. right ... and ... well I guess that is the only time he has gotten 100 yards on us and one of those was a loss.

Just like last year right? When he torched y'all and we won the game.

Blazing Arrow
09-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Just like last year right? When he torched y'all and we won the game.

By 1 point ... yeah we were torched. How can we recover from such an embarrassing loss? :cow:

Specnatz
09-04-2009, 11:00 PM
By 1 point ... yeah we were torched. How can we recover from such an embarrassing loss? :cow:

Yes the score was one point. Ya know you are the master of only looking at certain facts to fact a point without looking at all the facts.

How many yards did Aj have against this steller D of the ICOU?

mexican_texan
09-04-2009, 11:33 PM
A 13-1 team losing to us? That was embarassing.

Blazing Arrow
09-04-2009, 11:36 PM
A 13-1 team losing to us? That was embarassing.

My thoughts exactly ... possibly we had accepted a 1st round bye at that point?

imatexan
09-04-2009, 11:44 PM

Nope it has been downhill since then for y'all and it will just continue.
:smiliedance:

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2009, 12:04 AM
Nope it has been downhill since then for y'all and it will just continue.
:smiliedance:

Guess you had a good seat on your couch watching that ... how were the wings?

Specnatz
09-05-2009, 12:18 AM
Guess you had a good seat on your couch watching that ... how were the wings?

Better than yours for every single game of the bandwagon team you support that you have never seen live.

He has actually gone to his favorite teams home games.

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Better than yours for every single game of the bandwagon team you support that you have never seen live.

He has actually gone to his favorite teams home games.

That would make sense if I had not seen them live last season on MNF ... seen them play a couple seasons before against the Raiders ... going to see them play SF this season ... goin to the Colts game this season. I guess those game do not count? I have never seen then live ... I mean other then those games.

Stop talking you make your self look the fool. I almost feel sad making you look dumb ... you are a monkey right?

Specnatz
09-05-2009, 01:46 AM
That would make sense if I had not seen them live last season on MNF ... seen them play the a couple seasons before against the Raiders ... going to see them play SF this season ... goin to the Colts game this season. I guess those game do not count? You have never seen then live ... I mean other then those games.

Stop talking you make your self look the fool. I almost feel sad making you look dumb ... you are a monkey right?

So your going to TN to see them? NO your seeing them on the road. I said AT HOME you may want to buy phonics because you can not read nor comprehend.

The only fool is some guy who lives in one state supporting a team that is nothing but scum bag central from the owner on down. who is trolling other boards to make himself feel better.

Jackie Chiles
09-05-2009, 01:59 AM

You are so pathetic, God help me if the Texans ever become a perennially great football team and I ever venture onto another team's message board to rub it in.

mexican_texan
09-05-2009, 03:34 AM
My thoughts exactly ... possibly we had accepted a 1st round bye at that point?
A 1st round bye and a 1st game exit. Don't forget you lost Haynesworth that week.

MannyFresh
09-05-2009, 06:52 AM
Why the "championship belt" avatar? Last I checked the Tennessee Oilers have no titles....the real Titans who we are playing next Sunday least have one.

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2009, 10:47 AM
So your going to TN to see them? NO your seeing them on the road. I said AT HOME you may want to buy phonics because you can not read nor comprehend.

MNF was actually in TN. I passed the hooked on phonic class while you were picking your nose in the back ....

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/Tennessee/100_7074.jpg

The only fool is some guy who lives in one state supporting a team that is nothing but scum bag central from the owner on down. who is trolling other boards to make himself feel better.

:crying:

Please if you think this is more then water off a ducks back you are dumber then I thought you were ... which would be pretty dumb. :chickendance:

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2009, 10:49 AM
You are so pathetic, God help me if the Texans ever become a perennially great football team and I ever venture onto another team's message board to rub it in.

Welcome to the board I am Blazing Arrow your local Titan fan. Thanks for the complement though. I do love me some Titans football!

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2009, 10:54 AM
A 1st round bye and a 1st game exit. Don't forget you lost Haynesworth that week.

Yup on a cheap shot to his knee. For all the BS your fans rant on about Shammy ... seems you are all so happy to gloat about taking out another teams player.

:potkettle:

Hervoyel
09-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Fans are funny like that. When a turd gets treated like a turd they don't seem to mind as much. Go figure.

Anyway, not your problem anymore now that he's in Washington. Did Faggins survive the cuts?

ReliantTexan
09-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Yup on a cheap shot to his knee.

:potkettle:Do you bring in all this false information intentionally or do you just have a bad memory? It wasn't a cheap shot, his leg got caught under Duane Brown as he was falling backwards.

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Do you bring in all this false information intentionally or do you just have a bad memory? It wasn't a cheap shot, his leg got caught under Duane Brown as he was falling backwards.

Just playing the record of your fans ... if they are wrong ... please let them know. I mean they have spent at least 100 posts ranting about how Schaub was hit illegally and blah blah blah ... or are you calling all of them liars?

ReliantTexan
09-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Just playing the record of your fans ... if they are wrong ... please let them know. I mean they have spent at least 100 posts ranting about how Schaub was hit illegally and blah blah blah ... or are you calling all of them liars? You are aware that my post had nothing to do about the illegal hits on Schaub? I was talking about the injury to haynesworth which you said was due to a cheap shot to his knee. Which it wasn't. Here's the play if you don't believe me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcSt-3hrodU

Specnatz
09-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Just playing the record of your fans ... if they are wrong ... please let them know. I mean they have spent at least 100 posts ranting about how Schaub was hit illegally and blah blah blah ... or are you calling all of them liars?

Yeah just like every sports analyst has said about Fat Ass Haynesworth since the Brady hit ........

Please do not let facts get in your way as usual.

Texan_Bill
09-08-2009, 09:19 AM
MNF was actually in TN. I passed the hooked on phonic class while you were picking your nose in the back ....

Who graded you?? Vince Young???

Texan_Bill
09-08-2009, 09:22 AM

Yup... Haynesworth was a piece of crap, cheap shot, punk a$$, puh ce.... Don't ask Schaub, ask Gurode.

Texan_Bill
09-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Please if you think this is more then water off a ducks back you are dumber then I thought you were ... which would be pretty dumb. :chickendance:

Please, please keep up with the personal insults. I would love to see you banned.

Vinny
09-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Please, please keep up with the personal insults. I would love to see you banned.
he's asking for it. I usually don't do requests but I may have to get out there and dance with the ol' boy.

Texan_Bill
09-08-2009, 09:44 AM
he's asking for it. I usually don't do requests but I may have to get out there and dance with the ol' boy.

Well, I think he's gotten too comfortable here. Other boards would have banned him years ago. TexansTalk mods / admin are the best when it comes to allowing for leeway. With that said, some people just hang themselves.

Dread-Head
09-08-2009, 10:00 AM
THANKYA JESUS!:smiliedance: That means TEXAN receivers will get a chance to make some ESPN highlight reels the way everyone ELSE has at this chumps expense! Oh....HAPPY...DAY!:smiledance:

Dread-Head
09-08-2009, 10:02 AM

Wow Bill. If insulting you were cause to be banned...there wouldn't be anyone left on this board but you and the mods. :thisbig: Thankyou ladies and gents you've been great! Drive safely and don't forget to tip your waitstaff! Goodnight!

Texan_Bill
09-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Wow Bill. If insulting you were cause to be banned...there wouldn't be anyone left on this board but you and the mods. :thisbig: Thankyou ladies and gents you've been great! Drive safely and don't forget to tip your waitstaff! Goodnight!

Insults from "home boyz" is different than insults from trolls out of "the Bay area". :whip:

:secret: Besides, he wasn't insulting me. He knows better.