PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Member Mock (Second) Rounds 4-7

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

jgl35
03-23-2009, 08:36 PM
This lost Galloway. I would go with Massaquoi.

Honoring Earl 34
03-23-2009, 08:38 PM
This lost Galloway. I would go with Massaquoi.

That's fine to .

mussop
03-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Then what do you do to address the huge hole in the middle of our defense?

First off I think our ability (or inability) to stop the run was a result of poor phylosophy more than lack of personnel. TJ hasnt set the world on fire for sure but the guy has been missused more than any other player in the history of our franchise. Hell all of our DL have been miss used since RS has been here. Engage, read and react? I get sick to my stomach just thinking about that. I fully expect our DL to perform much better this year just by changing that ridiculous aproach.

Also as I stated before I dont think Taylor will amount to anything more than end of the rotation depth in the NFL. I undrstand if you think different. Everyone has a their opinions and there is no way for us amature draftnicks to really know the true value of these players like we would like.

Even if I liked his potential I dont think I would of gone DT at this point. IMO there are still several evenly talented DT's available. One of them should be available to us later. Cook and Vaughn were at the top of my board by a long shot and both fill a need IMO. I highly doubt Barber is a long term answer. More like an adequate fill in until he can be replaced.

bah007
03-23-2009, 09:14 PM
I think Bucs should look at James Davis. He is my highest rated RB left on the board.

Texan4Ever
03-23-2009, 09:19 PM
I think Bucs should look at James Davis. He is my highest rated RB left on the board.

I don't think they need a RB because they already have Graham, Cadilac Williams, and they also signed Derrick Ward. I go with either a WR or LB to replace Derrick Brooks.

bah007
03-23-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't think they need a RB because they already have Graham, Cadilac Williams, and they also signed Derrick Ward. I go with either a WR or LB to replace Derrick Brooks.

I'm not saying it is something they absolutely need, but Davis is good value here and he definitely wouldn't hurt.

Graham has had one good year out of five and in that year he only put up 900 yards on 4.0 YPC.

Cadillac looks to be absolute garbage at this point.

Ward may or may not be able to handle a full season's load.

I expect Ward to be their starter and Graham to back up. They could draft Davis here in case Graham decides to walk when his contract expires.

Blake
03-23-2009, 09:30 PM
A WR or another DT would bee good for them.

Alex Magee, DT, Perdue
Brandon Gibson, WR, Washington State
Nic Harris, OLB, Oklahoma

Could probably get Harris next round.

Texan4Ever
03-23-2009, 09:49 PM
The Bucs should go with Davis the RB or Massaquoi the WR IMO. Either is fine with me...

DiehardChris
03-23-2009, 10:45 PM
I also like Davis or Massaquoi, but I think Davis is a better value, and I wouldn't count on any of the RBs the Bucs have to be gang-busters.

My vote is Davis. That's two votes for Davis.

Tx4Ever - you wanna pick one between Davis and Massaquoi? Let's get some more votes going!

TexansSeminole
03-23-2009, 11:40 PM
My vote is WR Mohamed Massaquoi, Georgia.

mussop
03-24-2009, 01:28 AM
My vote is WR Mohamed Massaquoi, Georgia.

If I was giong RB it wouldnt be Davis. He is the 4th rated RB left behind
Glen Coffee Alabama RBF
Javon Ringer Michigan State RBF
Cedric Peerman Virginia RBC

I have to agree TS here My vote is WR Mohamed Massaquoi, Georgia.

Honoring Earl 34
03-24-2009, 06:51 AM
I vote Mohamed Massaquoi .

Blake
03-24-2009, 06:55 AM
I vote Mohamed Massaquoi .

I like Brandon Gibson better than Massaquoi. But I still think they could use another DT like Magee.

threetoedpete
03-24-2009, 07:32 AM
With the 110th pick, the Broncos select TCU ILB Jason Phillips. With this pick the Broncos have their two ILBs for their new 3-4.

http://tcugetwiththeprogram.com/images/playercards/tcu_player_card_design_39.jpg

In 2010...didn't he just blow out his Patella tendon getting ready for his pro day ?

Look compensatory picks just got anounced.....your order is messed up any way.....you did a great job....kinda superfluous at his point don't ya think ?

Kaiser Toro
03-24-2009, 07:47 AM
In 2010...didn't he just blow out his Patella tendon getting ready for his pro day ?

Meniscus.

threetoedpete
03-24-2009, 08:01 AM
Just a suggestion....be nice to have the 09 compensatory picks some where for next years mock.....maybe one of the locked threads ?

Kaiser Toro
03-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Just a suggestion....be nice to have the 09 compensatory picks some where for next years mock.....maybe one of the locked threads ?

I am sure we will be having another mock after pro days, which will include the compensatory picks.

Shaft75
03-24-2009, 10:32 AM
So are the Bucs picking Massaquoi?

bah007
03-24-2009, 10:34 AM
So are the Bucs picking Massaquoi?

Seems to be 5-2 in favor of Massaquioi over Davis, though I have Brandon Gibson and Kevin Ogletree rated higher than him.

JCTexan
03-24-2009, 10:41 AM
With the 116th pick the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select... Mohamed Massaquoi, WR, Georgia

JCTexan
03-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Update:

97.) Dallas Cowgirls (F/DET) Select: Derrick Williams, WR, Penn State

98.) Kansas City Chiefs Select: Xavier Fulton, OT, Illinois

99.) St. Louis Rams Select: Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty

100.) Cleveland Browns Select: T.J. Lang, OT Eastern Michigan

101.) Seattle Seahawks select: Demetrius Byrd, WR, LSU.

102.) Cincinnati Bengals Select: A.Q. Shipley, C, Penn State.

103.) Jacksonville Jaguars Select: Frantz Joseph, Mlb, Florida Atlantic

104.) Oakland Raiders Select: Michael Hamlin, SS, Clemson

105.) Green Bay Packers Select: Andre Brown, RB, NC State

106.) Buffalo Bills Select: Cornelius Ingram, TE, Florida

107.) San Francisco 49ers Select: Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston St.

108.) Houston Texans Select: Terrence Taylor, DT, Michigan

109.) San Diego Chargers Select: Cody Brown, OLB, Connecticut

110.) Denver Broncos Select: Jason Phillips, ILB, TCU

111.) New York Jets (F/WASH) Select: Travis Beckum, TE, Wisconsin

112.) New Orleans Saints Select: Gerald Mcrath, OLB, Southern Miss

113.) Dallas Cowgirls Select: Chip Vaughn, SS, Wake Forest

114.) New Orleans Saints (F/NYJ) Select: Zack Follett, OLB, California

115.) Chicago Bears Select: Jason Watkins, OT, Florida

116.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select: Mohamed Massaquoi, WR, Georgia

117.) Philadelphia Eagles Select: Texan4Ever

118.) Houston Texans (F/MINN) Select: Shaft75

119.) Baltimore Ravens Select: DiehardChris

120.) New England Patriots Select: rmartin65

121.) Atlanta Falcons Select: Jctexan

122.) Miami Dolphins Select: Honoring Earl 34

123.) Indianapolis Colts Select:

124.) Carolina Panthers Select: The Pencil Neck

125.) New York Giants Select: Lork 88

126.) Tennessee Tacks Select:

127.) Arizona Cardinals Select: jgl35

128.) Pittsburgh Steelers Select: Ole Miss Texan

Texan4Ever
03-24-2009, 01:46 PM
With the 117th overall pick, the Eagles select...

Asher Allen

I don't kinow if he is taken but if not, Philly takes Allen to replace Litto Shepherd at CB (or at least provide depth at the CB position.)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_SO8Y3MIsoP8/RnIY7S1DFkI/AAAAAAAAAtI/0UculhRGUwA/s320/asher+allen+and+kris+durham.jpg

Honoring Earl 34
03-24-2009, 01:49 PM

Asher Allen

I don't kinow if he is taken but if not, Philly takes Allen to replace Litto Shepherd at CB (or at least provide depth at the CB position.)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_SO8Y3MIsoP8/RnIY7S1DFkI/AAAAAAAAAtI/0UculhRGUwA/s320/asher+allen+and+kris+durham.jpg

I was looking at him and Chip Vaughn for Dallas so he's still there .

Shaft75
03-24-2009, 02:13 PM

Asher Allen

Right in front of me too!!!

WolverineFan
03-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Right in front of me too!!!

So was he "the guy" that you have been talking about taking for the entire round?

JCTexan
03-24-2009, 02:58 PM
So was he "the guy" that you have been talking about taking for the entire round?

He was talking about his 4th round pick starting this year. I doubt Taylor starts for the Texans this year, and if he just lost out on his guy I doubt this pick will start this year either.

WolverineFan
03-24-2009, 03:03 PM
He was talking about his 4th round pick starting this year. I doubt Taylor starts for the Texans this year, and if he just lost out on his guy I doubt this pick will start this year either.

Well he said he took Taylor with the last pick because he thought "his guy" would fall to him at the next pick in the 4th round. Because of his reaction I was just curious to know if it was Allen or not.

JCTexan
03-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Well he said he took Taylor with the last pick because he thought "his guy" would fall to him at the next pick in the 4th round. Because of his reaction I was just curious to know if it was Allen or not.

I bet he was. Shaft has been on for an hour and still hasn't made his pick. He probably thought Allen would fall and didn't research anybody else for the pick. I would have prefered Allen @ 108 instead of Taylor.

Honoring Earl 34
03-24-2009, 03:12 PM
I bet he was. Shaft has been on for an hour and still hasn't made his pick. He probably thought Allen would fall and didn't research anybody else for the pick. I would have prefered Allen @ 108 instead of Taylor.

Their the same height .

JCTexan
03-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Their the same height .

I don't quite understand what you're saying. Could you explain?

WolverineFan
03-24-2009, 03:20 PM

Yea me too and I agree that Taylor would not start for us. I have watched every second of every Michigan game for the last 4 years (yes I did not miss a second of the Mich/OSU game this year) and Taylor did nothing but continue the trend of Michigan DT disappointments.

Gabe Watson and Alan Branch were amazing DT's for us when they were younger, but the older they got the less they produced. The same can be said for Taylor as he was an outstanding asset as an underclassmen, but wasn't even the best DT on the team last year.

I wouldn't have had a problem with Allen in the 4th as that's pretty much where he has been projected and I prefer CB over DT in the draft anyway. That's just my preference though.

WolverineFan
03-24-2009, 03:21 PM
I don't quite understand what you're saying. Could you explain?

I agree with JC, one is a CB and one is a DT so height is kinda irrelevant . .

Shaft75
03-24-2009, 03:24 PM

I am revising my list. I'm trying to work and draft at the same time and am also dealing with my dad's situation. My guy was allready taken though, I looked at the board wrong.

IMO, Taylor was a good pick and I stand by that one. Plus I think the only pick that you could say I reached on was Sidbury, but oh well, we need a good edge rusher.

I am now trying to convince myself not to go defense AGAIN. I don't think that the Texans would go d with each of their top 5 picks.

JCTexan
03-24-2009, 03:28 PM

And one is 6-0 306 pounds, while the other is 5-9 194 pounds, per http://www.draftcountdown.com/rankings/cb.php, so they're not exactly the same height.

Honoring Earl 34
03-24-2009, 03:31 PM

What .... y'all are looking way to hard at this . My point is one's a 5'10 CB and the other is a 5'11 DT . The relevance is not really being inspired by a 5'11 DT but oh well .

Shaft75
03-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Who else would you guys have gone with at DT? It was before we signed Cody and DT was a huge need IMO. I had Taylor, Magee, Baker and Walker as the highest rated.

HOU-TEX
03-24-2009, 03:34 PM
I am revising my list. I'm trying to work and draft at the same time and am also dealing with my dad's situation. My guy was allready taken though, I looked at the board wrong.

IMO, Taylor was a good pick and I stand by that one. Plus I think the only pick that you could say I reached on was Sidbury, but oh well, we need a good edge rusher.

I am now trying to convince myself not to go defense AGAIN. I don't think that the Texans would go d with each of their top 5 picks.

Have the Texans taken a RB yet? If not, they could really use one right about now. :cool:

Honoring Earl 34
03-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Who else would you guys have gone with at DT? It was before we signed Cody and DT was a huge need IMO. I had Taylor, Magee, Baker and Walker as the highest rated.

I think you try to pick guys who shouldn't be there at that point . Guys who fall through the cracks if you will ... he didn't fall through the crack . If there's not a player of value ... don't force it .

Texan4Ever
03-24-2009, 03:44 PM
I think Taylor is a good pick, and I have to disagree...Gabe Watson and Alan Branch are still young and can produce, they just need playing time.

WolverineFan
03-24-2009, 03:48 PM
I think you try to pick guys who shouldn't be there at that point . Guys who fall through the cracks if you will ... he didn't fall through the crack . If there's not a player of value ... don't force it .

I agree. Hence me (with the Rams) taking D.J. Moore in the 2nd, Josh Freeman in the 3rd, & Rashad Jennings in the 4th. All of those guys were projected ahead of where I took them. First you look for a need, then you look for value.

Taylor could have been available at this current pick, but even if he wasn't there are about 2-3 other DT's worthy of being drafted in his spot. Therefore taking him earlier hinders your draft a little bit because you could have gone elsewhere sooner (more value).

WolverineFan
03-24-2009, 03:49 PM
I think Taylor is a good pick, and I have to disagree...Gabe Watson and Alan Branch are still young and can produce, they just need playing time.

What I meant was when they were younger (in college) they produced. The older they got the less they did. Both were drafted reasonably high and haven't done much. They are still young and are still more than capable of producing, but my point was that Taylor is only continuing the trend.

Honoring Earl 34
03-24-2009, 03:56 PM
I agree. Hence me (with the Rams) taking D.J. Moore in the 2nd, Josh Freeman in the 3rd, & Rashad Jennings in the 4th. All of those guys were projected ahead of where I took them. First you look for a need, then you look for value.

Taylor could have been available at this current pick, but even if he wasn't there are about 2-3 other DT's worthy of being drafted in his spot. Therefore taking him earlier hinders your draft a little bit because you could have gone elsewhere sooner (more value).

I used this link for a reference .

http://www.drafttek.com/

Shaft your draft is fine and probably no matter who you'd pick ... someone wouldn't be happy , your's happens to be the most analized . I would say it would be interesting if we all picked for the Texans after it's over .

Shaft75
03-24-2009, 04:12 PM
I used this link for a reference .

http://www.drafttek.com/

Shaft your draft is fine and probably no matter who you'd pick ... someone wouldn't be happy , your's happens to be the most analized . I would say it would be interesting if we all picked for the Texans after it's over .

You're right about that, but I realize we love our Texans.

Thanks for the link. The place I have been at the most is http://www.nfldraftscout.com. I like the way it's set up.

I have two players that I am researching right now. It should only take me a couple more minutes.

Specnatz
03-24-2009, 04:31 PM
Their the same height .

Can Taylor play CB?

Honoring Earl 34
03-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Can Taylor play CB?

Can he play DT ?

TexansSeminole
03-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Guys I would be looking at for the Texans are RB James Davis, RB Jeremiah Johnson, RB Glen Coffee, RB Javon Ringer and SS Emanual Cook, CB DeAngelo Smith.

Texan4Ever
03-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Guys I would be looking at for the Texans are RB James Davis, RB Jeremiah Johnson, RB Glen Coffee, RB Javon Ringer and SS Emanual Cook, CB DeAngelo Smith.

Glenn Coffee, get him to bulk up and we got Slatons thunder. Smith is a good CB at this point and James Davis looks good...I'd have to say Davis, Smith, Coffee, Cook, and Ringer in that order. Don't know much about Johnson...

TexansSeminole
03-24-2009, 04:48 PM
I said the same guys for the last Texans 4th round pick so I dunno.

steelbtexan
03-24-2009, 04:55 PM

I think you have done a great job.

I personally would have taken S.L. Hill or C.Baker

With this pick I would take Javon Ringer.

Specnatz
03-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Can he play DT ?

Just messing with you.

Shaft75
03-24-2009, 04:56 PM
With the 118th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, The Houston Texans select:

Kevin Barnes, CB, Maryland

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i5/numb75rss/55331991.jpg

Shaft75
03-24-2009, 05:00 PM
It was between Barnes, Martin, and Munnerlyn for this pick. I also looked at Peerman and Ringer. I didn't like Peerman's fumblitis and I don't think Ringer fits the system, but is a good rb.

For me it was between Barnes and Martin. I didn't like Martin's move from FS. If anyone needs a FS, draft Martin, he is soaring right now and has some great measurables. I also like the fact that Barnes had a faster 10 yard time and a great broad jump.

JCTexan
03-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Via Diehardchris PM with the 119th pick the Baltimore Ravens selectů Derek Pegues, FS, Mississippi State.

The Patriots are on the clock.

rmartin65
03-24-2009, 05:13 PM
The New England Patriots select Sherrod Martin, FS, Troy.

I have hit all the positions I wanted too. I have been hoping for the last 15 picks that he will be here, and I got lucky.

Shaft75
03-24-2009, 05:14 PM
The New England Patriots select Sherrod Martin, FS, Troy.

I have hit all the positions I wanted too. I have been hoping for the last 15 picks that he will be here, and I got lucky.

I was about to take him. You got a great value here!

rmartin65
03-24-2009, 05:16 PM
I was about to take him. You got a great value here!

I could not believe you passed on him. To each his own I guess, I almost grabbed him in the 3rd but felt OG was a more pressing need. I never thought I would get him here.

JCTexan
03-24-2009, 05:22 PM
With the 121st pick the Atlanta Falcons select Chris Baker, DT, Hampton.

I have been targeting a DT since the first, but haven't had one I liked fall to me. I thought about taking Baker in the 3rd, but thought he would be a reach there. I like him here in the fourth a little more.

Shaft75
03-24-2009, 05:27 PM
I could not believe you passed on him. To each his own I guess, I almost grabbed him in the 3rd but felt OG was a more pressing need. I never thought I would get him here.

From what I have seen, ne was a FS in college. I don't like the transition, and I think he and Barnes had some of the same measurables.

JCTexan
03-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Update:

117.) Philadelphia Eagles Select: Asher Allen, CB, Georgia

118.) Houston Texans (F/MINN) Select:Kevin Barnes, CB, Maryland

119.) Baltimore Ravens Select: Derek Pegues, FS, Mississippi State

120.) New England Patriots Select: Sherrod Martin, FS, Troy

121.) Atlanta Falcons Select: Chris Baker, DT, Hampton

122.) Miami Dolphins Select: Honoring Earl 34

123.) Indianapolis Colts Select:

124.) Carolina Panthers Select: The Pencil Neck

Shaft75
03-24-2009, 05:30 PM
With the 121st pick the Atlanta Falcons select Chris Baker, DT, Hampton.

I have been targeting a DT since the first, but haven't had one I liked fall to me. I thought about taking Baker in the 3rd, but thought he would be a reach there. I like him here in the fourth a little more.

Good pick, bad character...

From CBS:
Baker struggled with off-field incidents at Penn State. He was suspended from the team at the end of the 2007 season and finally dismissed from the Nittany Lions in July 2008 after pleading guilty to two counts of misdemeanor assault and criminal trespass following two fights in 2007. He received two years of probation. Baker showed versatility playing at defensive end in a 3-4 after starting the year at nose tackle for Hampton. He earned first-team All-MEAC honors with 62 tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss and 8.5 sacks. Baker and his family decided it was time to leave the Pirates after his redshirt junior season, but character concerns follow him into the NFL.

JCTexan
03-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Good pick, bad character...

From CBS:

I knew about his character problems... I like the DT to have a bit of a mean streak. Hopefully he gets his act together though.

mussop
03-24-2009, 05:44 PM

I think there were several DT's that are close enough talent wise that you should of waited on that position.

Vance Walker Georgia Tech DT43
Sammie Lee Hill Stillman DT43 DE34
Roy Miller Texas DT43 DT34
Alex Magee Purdue DT43 DE34
Chris Baker Hampton DT43 DT34

Of course that was before we signed Cody.

I have to say that I totally hate youre draft so far but please, PLEASE dont take that personally. You are in the hardest position in this mock. We are all Texans fans and all have our players we want for this team. When we dont get them we arent going to be happy. The only way the majority is going to be happy with our Texans mock is if we Poll our votes. Even then alot of us will think it sucks.

I would also like to say thank you for the time and effort you have put in for this draft while being under such a microscope. I dont think I would want to be in youre position.

WolverineFan
03-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Via Diehardchris PM with the 119th pick the Baltimore Ravens selectů Derek Pegues, FS, Mississippi State.

How did he last this long? Once you get past the 2nd round safeties (Delmas, Chung, Johnson, etc.) he's my top/favorite safety. Nice grab to get him late in the 4th.

Shaft75
03-24-2009, 06:43 PM
I think there were several DT's that are close enough talent wise that you should of waited on that position.

Alex Magee Purdue DT43 DE34
Chris Baker Hampton DT43 DT34

Of course that was before we signed Cody.

I have to say that I totally hate youre draft so far but please, PLEASE dont take that personally. You are in the hardest position in this mock. We are all Texans fans and all have our players we want for this team. When we dont get them we arent going to be happy. The only way the majority is going to be happy with our Texans mock is if we Poll our votes. Even then alot of us will think it sucks.

I would also like to say thank you for the time and effort you have put in for this draft while being under such a microscope. I dont think I would want to be in youre position.

Thanks for that. It's been a little rough lately but this has been a good diversion.

My draft doesn't suck though!!!

DiehardChris
03-24-2009, 06:46 PM

I PM'd you my explanation too. I spent some solid time researching that pick!
:brickwall:

JCTexan
03-24-2009, 06:48 PM
I PM'd you my explanation too. I spent some solid time researching that pick!
:brickwall:

haha I thought you were going to explain your pick when you got back on. I didn't realize you wanted me to post that.

DiehardChris
03-24-2009, 06:51 PM
I figure nobody cares once a buncha other picks have been made, you know?

Doesn't matter, though. Probably at this point people don't want to read explanations other than the Texans anyway.

I'm happy to see we had a pretty good handful of picks today. Sweet.

DiehardChris
03-24-2009, 06:53 PM
How did he last this long? Once you get past the 2nd round safeties (Delmas, Chung, Johnson, etc.) he's my top/favorite safety. Nice grab to get him late in the 4th.

Yeah, it wasn't a pressing need for the Ravens, but how could they pass on the guy with Ed Reed aging and the fact that they're just SO defensive minded?

I think the guy is a PLAYER for sure.

WolverineFan
03-24-2009, 06:53 PM
I figure nobody cares once a buncha other picks have been made, you know?

Doesn't matter, though. Probably at this point people don't want to read explanations other than the Texans anyway.

I'm happy to see we had a pretty good handful of picks today. Sweet.

Actually I would be interested to hear it if you wouldn't mind posting it. As I said above I really like Pegues and to be honest he seems to fit the Ravens defense perfectly.

bah007
03-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Actually I would be interested to hear it if you wouldn't mind posting it. As I said above I really like Pegues and to be honest he seems to fit the Ravens defense perfectly.

If I had stayed in the draft I was gonna take Pegues with the Packers pick earlier.

DiehardChris
03-24-2009, 07:07 PM

I considered him for the Packers pick I took over, but I just thought Andre Brown was such a good value, and a slightly bigger need for GB.

FS Derek Pegues, Mississippi State
It's never too early to plan for the post-Ed Reed future. Reed will be 31 in September, and probably still has some very good years left, but as a defense-first team, the Ravens can't pass on what I think is a tremendous value here in Derek Pegues. Yes, Nakamura is a solid backup to Reed, but I think there's room for improvement there, and Nakamura is best suited to coming off the bench from what I read, so I'm not sure he would have been a lock to take over the starting spot once Reed is done. Pegues simply has more playmaking potential, and he's also a good punt returner who could cover for Chris Carr if he goes down or isn't effective.

mussop
03-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks for that. It's been a little rough lately but this has been a good diversion.

My draft doesn't suck though!!!

You are wright youre draft doesnt suck. Sorry I didnt mean for it to sound that way. I just meant I hated it because none of my guys were in it.

IMO it would be alot better draft if it had all muy guys. :) No offence meant in any way.

Honoring Earl 34
03-24-2009, 07:48 PM
The Miami Dolphins select Cornelius Lewis OT 6-4, 320 Tennessee State (OG)

A big strong guy who was agile enough to play LT but projects to Guard .

Kaiser Toro
03-24-2009, 07:57 PM
The Miami Dolphins select Cornelius Lewis OT 6-4, 320 Tennessee State (OG)

A big strong guy who was agile enough to play LT but projects to Guard .

Dancing with the Stars drafted him in the third.

Honoring Earl 34
03-24-2009, 08:04 PM

Huh ?

JCTexan
03-24-2009, 08:14 PM
:neener::):hides:

You are wright youre draft doesnt suck. Sorry I didnt mean for it to sound that way. I just meant I hated it because none of my guys were in it.

IMO it would be alot better draft if it had all muy guys. :) No offence meant in any way.

Who are your guys?

JCTexan
03-24-2009, 08:15 PM

Lewis was still on my board, and I didn't see him taken in the 3rd.

Kaiser Toro
03-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Huh ?

I read you thoughts on the player and instantly thought of Warren Sapp for some reason. I muffed on the smiley. My bad. Peace. Out. Late.:photos:

JCTexan
03-24-2009, 08:26 PM
The Colts are on the clock & don't have an owner. Group pick.

mussop
03-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Who are your guys?

These are guys I would of taken in each round. Or "My guys".

1st
Clay Matthews III, LB, U.S.C.
Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss

2nd
Evander Hood, DT, Missouri
Percy Harvin, WR/KR, Florida
Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee

3rd
Tyrone McKenzie, OLB, South Florida
Victor Harris, CB, Virginia Tech
Shonn Greene, RB, Iowa
Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty

4th
Chip Vaughn, SS, Wake Forest
Jason Watkins, OT, Florida
Emanuel Cook South Carolina SS
Jeremiah Johnson Oregon RBC
James Davis Clemson RBF

TexansSeminole
03-24-2009, 08:40 PM
my vote for the Colts is DT Vance Walker, Georgia Tech.

mussop
03-24-2009, 08:42 PM
my vote for the Colts is DT Vance Walker, Georgia Tech.

Does anyone have an updated list of player left?

DiehardChris
03-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Colts picks so far...

1 Hakeem Nicks WR
2 Eric Wood C
3 Mitch King DE

I don't believe they've addressed their DT need in FA, so maybe that's the pick?

DiehardChris
03-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Best DTs left on my board:

Alex Magee, Purdue
Corvey Irvin, Georgia
Vance Walker, Georgia Tech
Sammie Lee Hill, Stillman

Texan4Ever
03-24-2009, 09:03 PM
One key "weakness" I see with the Colts is on defense, especially at the DT position. They have undersized DTs (considering they run a Tampa 2, I guess its not all about size) but I still think they should get a BIG run-stuffer or someone that eats space. Here's who I suggest...my personal favorites are in bold and I have included other defensive players I would suggest

1.) Terrance Knighton - Temple - DT

2.) Khalif Mitchell - East Carolina - DT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRgLzU2ict8

3.) Kaluka Maiava - USC - OLB

4.) Diyral Briggs - Bowling Green - OLB

5.) Morgan Trent - Michigan - CB

6.) DeAngelo Willingham - Tenn. - CB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0dWp2MohlY

*Chris Berman explodes on TV : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pTYpyL_I0I&feature=related *

TexansSeminole
03-24-2009, 09:08 PM
DT Vance Walker is a balanced player that has the quickness to shoot gaps without sacrificing strength. He is not great at anything, he is just solid.

In the last 2 years he racked up 78 tackles, 22.5 tackles for loss, 11.5 sacks, and 4 FF from the DT position.

Played with some good players at GTech and received some good defensive coaching.

bah007
03-24-2009, 09:17 PM
One key "weakness" I see with the Colts is on defense, especially at the DT position. They have undersized DTs (considering they run a Tampa 2, I guess its not all about size) but I still think they should get a BIG run-stuffer or someone that eats space. Here's who I suggest...my personal favorites are in bold and I have included other defensive players I would suggest...

I disagree.

The Tampa 2 defense depends on four quick linemen that can get to the QB without help from a blitz, allowing seven guys to stay in coverage.

This leaves a weakness to the power running game, but a 4th round DT isn't going to solve that.

I would pick from Alex Magee, Vance Walker, Roy Miller, or Myron Pryor. These guys are all DT's who are stout against the run but not overpowering. Their real value lies in that they can win one on one match ups and rush the passer.

If you get a big run stuffer then you are essentially changing the style of the defense because you are going to have to blitz in passing situations or you think you can get to the QB with three guys.

A 4th round DT isn't going to make a big enough difference against the run to cancel out what he lacks in pass rush.

This is why I think the Colts pretty much have to get either Raji, Jerry, or Hood in the first two rounds.

mussop
03-24-2009, 09:35 PM
DT Vance Walker is a balanced player that has the quickness to shoot gaps without sacrificing strength. He is not great at anything, he is just solid.

In the last 2 years he racked up 78 tackles, 22.5 tackles for loss, 11.5 sacks, and 4 FF from the DT position.

Played with some good players at GTech and received some good defensive coaching.

I think he is a really good fit in Indy.

Texan4Ever
03-24-2009, 10:24 PM
I guess it's gonna' be Vance Walker, I vote for him to since most of you guys support him as a good fit for the Colts.

WolverineFan
03-24-2009, 10:47 PM
I disagree.

The Tampa 2 defense depends on four quick linemen that can get to the QB without help from a blitz, allowing seven guys to stay in coverage.

This leaves a weakness to the power running game, but a 4th round DT isn't going to solve that.

I would pick from Alex Magee, Vance Walker, Roy Miller, or Myron Pryor. These guys are all DT's who are stout against the run but not overpowering. Their real value lies in that they can win one on one match ups and rush the passer.

If you get a big run stuffer then you are essentially changing the style of the defense because you are going to have to blitz in passing situations or you think you can get to the QB with three guys.

A 4th round DT isn't going to make a big enough difference against the run to cancel out what he lacks in pass rush.

This is why I think the Colts pretty much have to get either Raji, Jerry, or Hood in the first two rounds.

Alex Magee is my pick for them.

JCTexan
03-24-2009, 10:58 PM
Alex Magee is my pick for them.

Magee is my top rated DT left on the board. I almost took him at 121 instead of Baker, but if Walker fits the cover two better then I would go with the guy who fits the scheme.

TexansSeminole
03-24-2009, 11:35 PM
We seem split. Let's hear some more opinions.

DiehardChris
03-24-2009, 11:45 PM
I vote Magee.

Shaft75
03-25-2009, 07:48 AM
I vote Magee.

What about the Hill guy you were wanting me to select? Would he be a good choice? Don't really know much about him.

steelbtexan
03-25-2009, 08:45 AM
For the Tampa 2 either Walker or Magee is a good fit.

I choose Magee

TexansSeminole
03-25-2009, 09:34 AM
That's 4 for Magee I think so that should be the pick.

bah007
03-25-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm #5 for Magee.

Make it happen.

TexansSeminole
03-25-2009, 10:10 AM
With the 123 pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select:

DT Alex Magee, Purdue

The Pencil Neck
03-25-2009, 10:28 AM
With the 124th pick, the Carolina Panthers select:

Brandon Gibson, WR

A little something something for the side opposite Smith.

HOU-TEX
03-25-2009, 10:36 AM
With the 124th pick, the Carolina Panthers select:

Brandon Gibson, WR

A little something something for the side opposite Smith.

A little info about him? I can't even find him on the list I have. That's not saying he's good or bad, just curious.

The Pencil Neck
03-25-2009, 10:44 AM
A little info about him? I can't even find him on the list I have. That's not saying he's good or bad, just curious.

Brandon Gibson - WR - Washington State
6' 1" 210#
projects to about a 4.5 40. But hasn't run, yet.

Last year: 67-1180-9

Rankings
CBS Sports - 166
GBN - 105
Draft Countdown - 96

Didn't participate at the Combine because of a tweaked hammy. On his pro day, he did 10 bench reps of 225. He skipped everything else because he's still rehabbing the hammy and expects to run and do all the drills at a private workout on the 28th.

He was basically a good receiver on a bad team.

HOU-TEX
03-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Brandon Gibson - WR - Washington State
6' 1" 210#
projects to about a 4.5 40. But hasn't run, yet.

Last year: 67-1180-9

Rankings
CBS Sports - 166
GBN - 105
Draft Countdown - 96

Didn't participate at the Combine because of a tweaked hammy. On his pro day, he did 10 bench reps of 225. He skipped everything else because he's still rehabbing the hammy and expects to run and do all the drills at a private workout on the 28th.

He was basically a good receiver on a bad team.

Cool, thanks, man.

mussop
03-25-2009, 11:46 AM
What about the Hill guy you were wanting me to select? Would he be a good choice? Don't really know much about him.

I like Sammy Lee Hill but he is a project pick that shouldnt go before the 5th round. Has great size at 6'4" 331 lbs, ran a 5.17 forty 27 reps on the bench, 28" verticle jump, 9'1" broad jump, 7.89 3cone drill. BJ Raji type player that comes from small Stillman college and is going to need alot of coaching up at DT or DE in the 4/3. Despite his size he played DE in a 4/3 at Stillman because the coaches wanted to avoid him getting double teamed. That kind of scares me alittle. With his size and athletic ability he should of dominated inside against lesser competition.

Hasnt impressed the scouts with his physical ability during any drills that I have read. He is a high characther guy that once pulled a man from a burning house. Seems like a fairly intelligent guy from the interviews I have read. To answer youre question no he is not really a Indy type DL. Magee and Walker seem to fit that mold best out of whats left.

mussop
03-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Here is a list of players left

Rnk Player College Position1 Position2

Here is a LINK (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectsearch?alpha=A) to some decent profiles.

DL
Matt Shaughnessy Wisconsin DE43
Orion Martin Virginia Tech DE43 OLB34
Brandon Williams Texas Tech DE43
David Veikune Hawaii DE43
Corvey Irvin Georgia DT43
Michael Bennett Texas A&M DE43
Phillip Hunt Houston DE43 OLB34
Ian Campbell Kansas St DE43

LB
Kaluka Maiava USC OLB43
Dannell Ellerbe Georgia ILB
Jonathan Casillas Wisconsin OLB43
Josh Mauga Nevada ILB
Victor Butler Oregon St OLB43
Mortty Ivy West Virginia OLB43
Maurice Evans Penn State DE43 OLB34
Brian Toal Boston College OLB43
Moise Fokou Maryland OLB43

SECONDARY

Cary Harris USC CB
Nic Harris Oklahoma SS
DeAngelo Smith Cincinnati CB
Captain Munnerlyn South Carolina CB
Domonique Johnson Jackson State CB
Kevin Ellison USC SS
C.J. Spillman Marshall FS

OL

Ray Feinga BYU OG
Andy Kemp Wisconsin OG
Ryan Stanchek West Virginia OT OG
Louis Vasquez Texas Tech OG
Andrew Hartline Central Michigan OT OG
Lydon Murtha Nebraska OT
Greg Isdaner West Virginia OG
Augustus Parrish Kent State OT OG
Sebastian Vollmer Houston OT
Jose Valdez Arkansas OT

RB

Glen Coffee Alabama RBF
Quinn Johnson LSU FB
James Davis Clemson RBF
Kory Sheets Purdue RBF
Gartrell Johnson Colorado State RBF
Marlon Lucky Nebraska RBF
Arian Foster Tennessee RBF
P.J. Hill Wisconsin RBF
Ian Johnson Boise State RBC
Tyrell Sutton Northwestern RBC

WR & TE

Johnny Knox Abilene Christian WRS
Louis Murphy Florida WRF
Kevin Ogletree Virginia WRF
Kenny McKinley South Carolina WRF WRS
Austin Collie BYU WRF
Brandon Tate North Carolina WRF
Kory Sperry Colorado State TE
Sammy Stroughter Oregon St WRS
Ryan Purvis Boston College TE
Quan Cosby Texas WRF WRS
Bear Pascoe Fresno St TE
Darius Passmore Marshall WRF

QB

Stephen McGee Texas A&M QB
John Parker Wilson Alabama QB
Hunter Cantwell Louisville QB
Cullen Harper Clemson QB
Graham Harrell Texas Tech QB
Curtis Painter Purdue QB
Rudy Carpenter Arizona State QB

THE REST
Louie Sakoda Utah PK
Courtney Greene Rutgers SS
Jason Williams Western Illinois OLB43 OLB34
Tony Fiammetta Syracuse FB
Morgan Trent Michigan CB
Jaimie Thomas Maryland OG
Patrick Turner USC WRP WRS
Tyronne Green Auburn OG
Aaron Kelly Clemson WRP
Otis Wiley Michigan State SS
Christopher Owens San Jose St CB
Brandon Underwood Cincinnati FS

Joe Burnett Central Florida CB
John Faletoese Cal Davis DT43
Cameron Morrah California TE
Devin Moore Wyoming RBC
Troy Nolan Arizona State FS
Tom Brandstater Fresno St QB

Anthony Hill North Carolina St TE
Alex Boone Ohio State OT
Chris Clemons Clemson FS
Clinton McDonald Memphis State DT43
Brooks Foster North Carolina WRF
Jahi Word-Daniels Georgia Tech CB
Curtis Taylor LSU FS
Bruce Johnson Miami CB
Keith Fitzhugh Mississippi St SS
Worrell Williams California ILB
Anthony Parker Tennessee OG
Joel Bell Furman OT
John Phillips Virginia TE
Travis McCall Alabama FB
Nathan Brown Central Arkansas QB
Ra'Shon Harris Oregon DT43 DE34
Jerraud Powers Auburn CB
DeAndre Levy Wisconsin OLB43
Andrew Gardner Georgia Tech OT
Lee Robinson Alcorn State OLB43 ILB
Brandon Hughes Oregon St CB
Kevin Huber Cincinnati P
Don Carey Norfolk State CB
Tim Jamison Michigan DE43
Marcus McClinton Kentucky FS
Deon Butler Penn State WRS
Kevin Akins Boston College OLB43
Jake Ingram Hawaii LS
Garrett Reynolds North Carolina OT
Jose Martinez UTEP PK
Conredge Collins Pittsburgh FB
Dominique Edison Stephen F. Austin WRF WRS
Nader Abdallah Ohio State DT43 DT34
Ramon Foster Tennessee OT OG
Dan Gronkowski Maryland TE
Derek Walker Illinois DE43
Jeremy Childs Boise State WRS WRF
Tiquan Underwood Rutgers WRS WRF
Reshard Langford Vanderbilt SS
Corey Smith Cincinnati OLB43
David Buehler USC PK
Edwin Williams Maryland OC
Jared Bronson Cen Washington TE
Lendy Holmes Oklahoma FS
Bradley Fletcher Iowa CB
Thomas Morstead SMU P
Khalif Mitchell East Carolina DT43 DT34
Marquez Branson Central Arkansas FB
Will Davis Illinois DE43 OLB34
Lardarius Webb Nicholls State CB
Kyle Link McNeese State OT
Jamarko Simmons Western Michigan WRP
Cecil Newton Tennessee State OC
Brian Hoyer Michigan State QB
Antonio Appleby Virginia ILB
Graham Gano Florida State P
Anthony Felder California ILB
Dallas Reynolds BYU OC
Pannel Egboh Stanford DE43
Trimane Goddard North Carolina SS
Brannan Southerland Georgia FB
Ellis Lankster West Virginia CB
Justin Brantly Texas A&M P
Pat McAfee West Virginia PK
Travis Bright BYU OG
Davon Drew East Carolina TE
Juan Garcia Washington OC
Darryl Richard Georgia Tech DT43 DT34
Robert Brewster Ball State OT OG
Aaron Brown TCU RBC RBF
Jeremy Navarre Maryland DE43
Stephen Hodge TCU RBF
Dominic Douglas Mississippi St ILB
Dre'Mail Hardin Stillman FS
Ryan McKee Southern Miss OT
Eric Thatcher Pittsburgh FS
Stryker Sulak Missouri DE43 OLB34
Terrance Knighton Temple DT43 DT34
David Johnson Arkansas State FB
Ryan Durand Syracuse OG
Ashlee Palmer Mississippi OLB43
Javarris Williams Tennessee State RBF
Will Dunbar UAB FS
Londen Fryar Western Michigan CB
Ryan Walters Colorado FS
Dan Gay Baylor OT OG
Johnny Williams Kentucky OLB43 OLB34
Demonte Bolden Tennessee DT43 DE34
Greg Orton Purdue WRF
Jon Cooper Oklahoma OC
Maurice Crum Jr. Notre Dame ILB
Robert Francois Boston College OLB43
Pierre Walters Eastern Illinois DE43 OLB34
Javorris Jackson Savannah State FS
Brian Mandeville Northeastern TE
Terence Moore Troy SS
Mike Goodson Texas A&M RBC
Ryan Palmer Texas CB
Cody Glenn Nebraska OLB43
Manuel Johnson Oklahoma WRF WRS
Mike Reilly Cen Washington QB
Mike Wallace Mississippi WRS
Brett Helms LSU OC
Chris Miller Ball State P
Seth Olsen Iowa OG
Will Johnson Michigan DT43 DE34
Marko Mitchell Nevada WRF
Jordan Norwood Penn State WRS
Glover Quin New Mexico CB
Donald Washington Ohio State CB
Curtis Brinkley Syracuse RBC
Rulon Davis California DE43
Wopamo Osaisai Stanford CB
Branden Ledbetter Western Michigan TE
Roger Allen Missouri Western OG
Willie Tuitama Arizona QB
Darius Hill Ball State TE
Eric Kettani Navy FB
D.J. Boldin Wake Forest WRP
Jason Boltus Hartwick QB
Bernard Scott Abilene Christian RBC
Jake Richardson Miami (OH) P
Lydell Sargeant Penn State CB
Greg Carr Florida State WRP
Brett Warren Virginia Tech ILB
Zach Potter Nebraska DE43 DE34
Al Afalava Oregon St SS
Rylan Reed Texas Tech OT
Taurus Johnson South Florida WRF
Everette Pedescleaux Northern Iowa DE43 DE34
Maurice Miller Mississippi OG
Slade Norris Oregon State OLB43 OLB34
Marlon Favorite LSU DT34 DT43
David Richmond San Jose St WRF
David Johnson Tulsa QB
Sam Swank Wake Forest PK
Richard Quinn North Carolina TE
Colt Anderson Montana FS

Texan4Ever
03-25-2009, 01:00 PM

Rnk Player College Position1 Position2

Here is a LINK (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectsearch?alpha=A) to some decent profiles.

DL
Matt Shaughnessy Wisconsin DE43
Orion Martin Virginia Tech DE43 OLB34
Brandon Williams Texas Tech DE43
David Veikune Hawaii DE43
Corvey Irvin Georgia DT43
Michael Bennett Texas A&M DE43
Phillip Hunt Houston DE43 OLB34
Ian Campbell Kansas St DE43
Diyral Briggs Bowling Green DE43 OLB34

LB
Kaluka Maiava USC OLB43
Dannell Ellerbe Georgia ILB
Jonathan Casillas Wisconsin OLB43
Josh Mauga Nevada ILB
Victor Butler Oregon St OLB43
Mortty Ivy West Virginia OLB43
Maurice Evans Penn State DE43 OLB34
Brian Toal Boston College OLB43
Moise Fokou Maryland OLB43

SECONDARY

Cary Harris USC CB
Nic Harris Oklahoma SS
DeAngelo Smith Cincinnati CB
Captain Munnerlyn South Carolina CB
Domonique Johnson Jackson State CB
Kevin Ellison USC SS
C.J. Spillman Marshall FS

OL

Ray Feinga BYU OG
Andy Kemp Wisconsin OG
Ryan Stanchek West Virginia OT OG
Louis Vasquez Texas Tech OG
Andrew Hartline Central Michigan OT OG
Lydon Murtha Nebraska OT
Greg Isdaner West Virginia OG
Augustus Parrish Kent State OT OG
Sebastian Vollmer Houston OT
Jose Valdez Arkansas OT

RB

Glen Coffee Alabama RBF
Quinn Johnson LSU FB
James Davis Clemson RBF
Kory Sheets Purdue RBF
P.J. Hill Wisconsin RBF

WR & TE

Johnny Knox Abilene Christian WRS
Louis Murphy Florida WRF
Kevin Ogletree Virginia WRF
Kenny McKinley South Carolina WRF WRS
Austin Collie BYU WRF
Brandon Tate North Carolina WRF
Kory Sperry Colorado State TE
Sammy Stroughter Oregon St WRS
Ryan Purvis Boston College TE
Quan Cosby Texas WRF WRS
Bear Pascoe Fresno St TE
Darius Passmore Marshall WRF

QB

Stephen McGee Texas A&M QB
John Parker Wilson Alabama QB
Hunter Cantwell Louisville QB
Cullen Harper Clemson QB
Graham Harrell Texas Tech QB
Curtis Painter Purdue QB
Rudy Carpenter Arizona State QB

THE REST
Louie Sakoda Utah PK
Courtney Greene Rutgers SS
Jason Williams Western Illinois OLB43 OLB34
Tony Fiammetta Syracuse FB
Morgan Trent Michigan CB
Jaimie Thomas Maryland OG
Patrick Turner USC WRP WRS
Tyronne Green Auburn OG
Aaron Kelly Clemson WRP
Otis Wiley Michigan State SS
Christopher Owens San Jose St CB
Brandon Underwood Cincinnati FS

Joe Burnett Central Florida CB
John Faletoese Cal Davis DT43
Cameron Morrah California TE
Devin Moore Wyoming RBC
Troy Nolan Arizona State FS
Tom Brandstater Fresno St QB

Anthony Hill North Carolina St TE
Alex Boone Ohio State OT
Chris Clemons Clemson FS
Clinton McDonald Memphis State DT43
Brooks Foster North Carolina WRF
Jahi Word-Daniels Georgia Tech CB
Curtis Taylor LSU FS
Bruce Johnson Miami CB
Keith Fitzhugh Mississippi St SS
Worrell Williams California ILB
Anthony Parker Tennessee OG
Joel Bell Furman OT
John Phillips Virginia TE
Travis McCall Alabama FB
Nathan Brown Central Arkansas QB
Ra'Shon Harris Oregon DT43 DE34
Jerraud Powers Auburn CB
DeAndre Levy Wisconsin OLB43
Andrew Gardner Georgia Tech OT
Lee Robinson Alcorn State OLB43 ILB
Brandon Hughes Oregon St CB
Kevin Huber Cincinnati P
Don Carey Norfolk State CB
Tim Jamison Michigan DE43
Marcus McClinton Kentucky FS
Deon Butler Penn State WRS
Kevin Akins Boston College OLB43
Jake Ingram Hawaii LS
Garrett Reynolds North Carolina OT
Jose Martinez UTEP PK
Conredge Collins Pittsburgh FB
Dominique Edison Stephen F. Austin WRF WRS
Nader Abdallah Ohio State DT43 DT34
Ramon Foster Tennessee OT OG
Dan Gronkowski Maryland TE
Derek Walker Illinois DE43
Jeremy Childs Boise State WRS WRF
Tiquan Underwood Rutgers WRS WRF
Reshard Langford Vanderbilt SS
Corey Smith Cincinnati OLB43
David Buehler USC PK
Edwin Williams Maryland OC
Jared Bronson Cen Washington TE
Lendy Holmes Oklahoma FS
Bradley Fletcher Iowa CB
Thomas Morstead SMU P
Khalif Mitchell East Carolina DT43 DT34
Marquez Branson Central Arkansas FB
Will Davis Illinois DE43 OLB34
Lardarius Webb Nicholls State CB
Kyle Link McNeese State OT
Jamarko Simmons Western Michigan WRP
Cecil Newton Tennessee State OC
Brian Hoyer Michigan State QB
Antonio Appleby Virginia ILB
Graham Gano Florida State P
Anthony Felder California ILB
Dallas Reynolds BYU OC
Pannel Egboh Stanford DE43
Trimane Goddard North Carolina SS
Brannan Southerland Georgia FB
Ellis Lankster West Virginia CB
Justin Brantly Texas A&M P
Pat McAfee West Virginia PK
Travis Bright BYU OG
Davon Drew East Carolina TE
Juan Garcia Washington OC
Darryl Richard Georgia Tech DT43 DT34
Robert Brewster Ball State OT OG
Aaron Brown TCU RBC RBF
Jeremy Navarre Maryland DE43
Stephen Hodge TCU RBF
Dominic Douglas Mississippi St ILB
Dre'Mail Hardin Stillman FS
Ryan McKee Southern Miss OT
Eric Thatcher Pittsburgh FS
Stryker Sulak Missouri DE43 OLB34
Terrance Knighton Temple DT43 DT34
David Johnson Arkansas State FB
Ryan Durand Syracuse OG
Ashlee Palmer Mississippi OLB43
Javarris Williams Tennessee State RBF
Will Dunbar UAB FS
Londen Fryar Western Michigan CB
Ryan Walters Colorado FS
Dan Gay Baylor OT OG
Johnny Williams Kentucky OLB43 OLB34
Demonte Bolden Tennessee DT43 DE34
Greg Orton Purdue WRF
Jon Cooper Oklahoma OC
Maurice Crum Jr. Notre Dame ILB
Robert Francois Boston College OLB43
Pierre Walters Eastern Illinois DE43 OLB34
Javorris Jackson Savannah State FS
Brian Mandeville Northeastern TE
Terence Moore Troy SS
Mike Goodson Texas A&M RBC
Ryan Palmer Texas CB
Cody Glenn Nebraska OLB43
Manuel Johnson Oklahoma WRF WRS
Mike Reilly Cen Washington QB
Mike Wallace Mississippi WRS
Brett Helms LSU OC
Chris Miller Ball State P
Seth Olsen Iowa OG
Will Johnson Michigan DT43 DE34
Marko Mitchell Nevada WRF
Jordan Norwood Penn State WRS
Glover Quin New Mexico CB
Donald Washington Ohio State CB
Curtis Brinkley Syracuse RBC
Rulon Davis California DE43
Wopamo Osaisai Stanford CB
Branden Ledbetter Western Michigan TE
Roger Allen Missouri Western OG
Willie Tuitama Arizona QB
Darius Hill Ball State TE
Eric Kettani Navy FB
D.J. Boldin Wake Forest WRP
Jason Boltus Hartwick QB
Bernard Scott Abilene Christian RBC
Jake Richardson Miami (OH) P
Lydell Sargeant Penn State CB
Greg Carr Florida State WRP
Brett Warren Virginia Tech ILB
Zach Potter Nebraska DE43 DE34
Al Afalava Oregon St SS
Rylan Reed Texas Tech OT
Taurus Johnson South Florida WRF
Everette Pedescleaux Northern Iowa DE43 DE34
Maurice Miller Mississippi OG
Slade Norris Oregon State OLB43 OLB34
Marlon Favorite LSU DT34 DT43
David Richmond San Jose St WRF
David Johnson Tulsa QB
Sam Swank Wake Forest PK
Richard Quinn North Carolina TE
Colt Anderson Montana FS

Good list, I added a player I thought is worthy of consideration, Diyral Briggs, in red. Ultra productive 6'4" 230-lbs DE who I think can play OLB.

Ole Miss Texan
03-25-2009, 01:18 PM

Louis Murphy Florida WR

Murphy was selected twice during this draft. Once, successfully, at pick #57 to the Baltimore Ravens. An attempt by the Jets to select him at pick #111 was unsuccessful.:)

WolverineFan
03-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Murphy was selected twice during this draft. Once, successfully, at pick #57 to the Baltimore Ravens. An attempt by the Jets to select him at pick #111 was unsuccessful.:)

Apparently everybody wants him lol. Either that or the guys that draft him change their mind.

mussop
03-25-2009, 01:33 PM

Oops, sorry!

Shaft75
03-25-2009, 02:25 PM

RB

Glen Coffee Alabama RBF
Quinn Johnson LSU FB
James Davis Clemson RBF
Kory Sheets Purdue RBF
P.J. Hill Wisconsin RBF

That is why I haven't taken a RB yet. Look at that list! Isn't Goodson still out there too?

TexansSeminole
03-25-2009, 02:39 PM
I predict Lork 88 won't make it here in time to make his pick.

The Pencil Neck
03-25-2009, 02:48 PM
That is why I haven't taken a RB yet. Look at that list! Isn't Goodson still out there too?

Yes.

bah007
03-25-2009, 03:41 PM

Yes. Lots of good ones still there.

Ole Miss Texan
03-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Apparently everybody wants him lol. Either that or the guys that draft him change their mind.

Oops, sorry!

I just thought it was really funny! I could totally see someone trying to take him!

PS- this mock has really opened my eyes about how deep this draft could be. Not so much that we'll get studs in every round, but that we should have several options in mid-late rounds on guys in the safety and running back positions!

JCTexan
03-25-2009, 03:47 PM

Goodson is about same height and weight as Slaton. I don't know if he fits the zone blocking system, though, and some people wouldn't like the fact that he wouldn't be able to be the short yardage back. Goodson has clashed with teammates, so I doubt the Texans would select him. My favorite sleeper RB in this draft is Devin Moore (6th or 7th rounder). He wouldn't be the bruiser so many people want, but I think he'd be a good pick in the 6th or 7th. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_9iM7c-RYo

JCTexan
03-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Update:

122.) Miami Dolphins Select: Cornelius Lewis, OT, Tennessee State

123.) Indianapolis Colts Select: Alex Magee, DT, Purdue

124.) Carolina Panthers Select: Brandon Gibson, WR, Washington State

WolverineFan
03-25-2009, 04:07 PM
I just thought it was really funny! I could totally see someone trying to take him!

PS- this mock has really opened my eyes about how deep this draft could be. Not so much that we'll get studs in every round, but that we should have several options in mid-late rounds on guys in the safety and running back positions!

That's the advantage of really getting into a mock draft. You really get a feel of where some teams will go and an idea of how the draft will play out. Also, you start seeing some familar names in the later rounds and realize the draft is a bit deeper than you might have thought.

Shaft75
03-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Goodson is about same height and weight as Slaton. I don't know if he fits the zone blocking system, though, and some people wouldn't like the fact that he wouldn't be able to be the short yardage back. Goodson has clashed with teammates, so I doubt the Texans would select him. My favorite sleeper RB in this draft is Devin Moore (6th or 7th rounder). He wouldn't be the bruiser so many people want, but I think he'd be a good pick in the 6th or 7th. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_9iM7c-RYo

I wasn't eyeing him, just making sure he was still on the list. He might go before a couple of backs that I would consider choosing.

JCTexan
03-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Here's the 5th Round (comp picks aren't included):

129. Detroit - (Super Mario)
130. St Louis - WolverineFan
131. Kansas City - beerlover
132. Denver (F/Sea) - Kaiser Toro
133. Philadelphia (F/Cle) - Texan4ever
134. Cincinnati - mussop
135. Atlanta (F/Oak) - Jctexan
136. Jacksonville - Texan4ever
137. Green Bay - Diehardchris
138. San Francisco - Specnatz
139. Buffalo - TexansSeminole
140. San Diego - Tailgate
141. Denver - Kaiser Toro
142. Washington - steelbTexan
143. N.Y Giants (F/NO) - lork88
144. Houston - Shaft75
145. Philadelphia (F/NYJ) - Texan4ever
146. Chicago - jgl35
147. Tampa Bay -
148. Dallas - Honoring Earl 34
149. Philadelphia - Texan4ever
150. Minnesota - The Pencil Neck
151. New England - rmartin65
152. Atlanta - Jctexan
153. Miami - Honoring Earl 34
154. Baltimore - Diehardchris
155. Carolina - The Pencil Neck
156. NY Giants - Lork88
157. Indianapolis -
158. Dallas (F/Ten) - Honoring Earl 34
159. Arizona - jgl35
160. Pittsburgh - Ole Miss Texan

DiehardChris
03-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Are we going to mess with comp picks, since we already went through a round without them?

Shaft - I would have preferred SL Hill to Taylor - but not in the fourth. The fifth would have been a good spot for him, but he's not the type of DT the Colts need. Hill's a big, fat space-eater and the Colts need a quicker, gap-shooting type.

Texan4Ever
03-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Are we going to mess with comp picks, since we already went through a round without them?

Shaft - I would have preferred SL Hill to Taylor - but not in the fourth. The fifth would have been a good spot for him, but he's not the type of DT the Colts need. Hill's a big, fat space-eater and the Colts need a quicker, gap-shooting type.

I think its better to leave comp picks out...is it time for a group pick or should we keep waiting?

The Pencil Neck
03-25-2009, 06:56 PM
I think its better to leave comp picks out...is it time for a group pick or should we keep waiting?

We're waiting for Lork right? He's still got a lot of time left.

DiehardChris
03-25-2009, 07:00 PM

Yeah, I think he has like four hours still... but if he misses his pick, I think it will be the 2nd time in this draft alone that he's missed, and for that we would have to....................... MURDER HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

WolverineFan
03-25-2009, 07:05 PM

Well in anticipation of his pick how about we go over his draft with the Giants so far.

1st - WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
2nd - TE Jared Cook
2nd - T Troy Kropog
3rd - OLB Tyrone McKenzie
4th - ?

He is quietly having a good draft so far, but what are the Giants other needs?

mussop
03-25-2009, 07:11 PM

Yeh thats an incredible group of RB's to be available in the 5th round. I hope this holds true for the real draft.

The Pencil Neck
03-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Well in anticipation of his pick how about we go over his draft with the Giants so far.

1st - WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
2nd - TE Jared Cook
2nd - T Troy Kropog
3rd - OLB Tyrone McKenzie
4th - ?

He is quietly having a good draft so far, but what are the Giants other needs?

With Toomer retiring AND Burress' issues, they should probably consider another WR. They're probably wanting another RB to take Ward's place even though they already have a nice tandem. The Kropog pick was really nice but they might want to pick up another tackle for depth.

Prior to FA, there was a big push to get OLB's and DL on the Giants' forums but I think they've probably stifled that with the FA moves.

bah007
03-25-2009, 07:20 PM
WR Kevin Ogletree (Virginia) is out there.

HB James Davis (Clemson) would be good value.

Like Beerlover said, they could go OT again? Is Augustus Parrish (Kent St) still available?

JCTexan
03-25-2009, 07:26 PM
WR Kevin Ogletree (Virginia) is out there.

HB James Davis (Clemson) would be good value.

Like Beerlover said, they could go OT again? Is Augustus Parrish (Kent St) still available?

Yeah, Parrish is still available.

What about Deon Butler (Penn State)?

Blake
03-25-2009, 07:27 PM
James Davis would be a fine pick to replace Wind. And yes, Parrish shows to be available.

bah007
03-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Yeah, Parrish is still available.

What about Deon Butler (Penn State)?

May still be a bit high for him, but at this point in the draft, if you want a guy you take him.

I jumped the gun on throwing names out there. I forgot Lork still has plenty of time to show up. Sorry about that.

Ole Miss Texan
03-25-2009, 08:06 PM
I think we need to go with what the actual draft order is. Since compensatory picks have been announced, add them in going forward.

Looking back, when we finished the 3rd round, I think we should have waited until the additional picks were announced. In any case, if we want this "as realistic as possible" let's use the picks we're (the Teams) will actually have.

bah007
03-25-2009, 08:08 PM
I think we need to go with what the actual draft order is. Since compensatory picks have been announced, add them in going forward.

Looking back, when we finished the 3rd round, I think we should have waited until the additional picks were announced. In any case, if we want this "as realistic as possible" let's use the picks we're (the Teams) will actually have.

I think what we will end up doing is finishing this one without the comp picks and then when we get closer to the draft we will do another one with the comp picks.

Kaiser Toro
03-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Lork is a college student I believe and recall him to be more of an evening lurker. I think we should give him his time.

DiehardChris
03-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Lork is a college student I believe and recall him to be more of an evening lurker. I think we should give him his time.

Oh yeah, absolutely! No reason to deviate from the 12 hour rule right now. It's going really well with very few hangups.

Ole Miss Texan
03-25-2009, 09:51 PM
I think what we will end up doing is finishing this one without the comp picks and then when we get closer to the draft we will do another one with the comp picks.

Sounds good to me. We doing just the 4 rounds? Maybe when we finish this, we can get an idea of who will be involved in the next draft and then go ahead and randomize the teams again. Give everyone a breather, recharge their batteries, time to investigate/perfect their knowledge of their new team... and then start the new "final" draft shortly thereafter.

We're already less than a month away from the draft. And it's taken us 2+ weeks to get this far in this draft. Just sayin'

JCTexan
03-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Sounds good to me. We doing just the 4 rounds? Maybe when we finish this, we can get an idea of who will be involved in the next draft and then go ahead and randomize the teams again. Give everyone a breather, recharge their batteries, time to investigate/perfect their knowledge of their new team... and then start the new "final" draft shortly thereafter.

We're already less than a month away from the draft. And it's taken us 2+ weeks to get this far in this draft. Just sayin'

Well, I had planned on doing 7 rounds & had already posted the draft order for the fifth, but if people would rather stop after four and have a breather it would be fine with me.

bah007
03-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Well, I had planned on doing 7 rounds & had already posted the draft order for the fifth, but if people would rather stop after four and have a breather it would be fine with me.

I think we should if we intend on doing another one with the compensatory picks.

Ole Miss Texan
03-25-2009, 10:37 PM
No offense, but this close to the draft I don't see a point in doing 7 rounds ( assuming we even complete it) if we're not even following the correct draft order.

TexansSeminole
03-26-2009, 12:52 AM
My pick for the Giants is James Davis. They lost Derrick Ward and that running game is too important to this team to not have quality depth.

Blake
03-26-2009, 08:09 AM
I think it has been long enough. Give the Giants James Davis.

TexansSeminole
03-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Seriously, Lork has been on the clock for a LONG time and he missed an earlier pick in the draft as well.

Wish people would just take their name out of the mock if they aren't going to show for multiple picks.

steelbtexan
03-26-2009, 09:23 AM
I would like to finish out the draft but when it is obvious some one is going to miss a pick (i.e they've already missed a pick) lets go ahead & make the pick for them to keep the mock moving.

My pick would be James Davis

bah007
03-26-2009, 11:28 AM
James Davis

WolverineFan
03-26-2009, 11:29 AM
James Davis

Agreed.

JCTexan
03-26-2009, 12:08 PM
With the 125th pick the New York Giants select... James Davis, RB, Clemson

TexansSeminole
03-26-2009, 01:16 PM
I would like to finish out the draft but when it is obvious some one is going to miss a pick (i.e they've already missed a pick) lets go ahead & make the pick for them to keep the mock moving.

My pick would be James Davis

Agreed. Lork was on the clock for over 24 hours.

LORK 88
03-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Seriously, Lork has been on the clock for a LONG time and he missed an earlier pick in the draft as well.

Wish people would just take their name out of the mock if they aren't going to show for multiple picks.
My computer had virus and I fixed the problem today. The lack of a formal time limit on picks is throwing me off to be honest; 3 picks one day, 10 the next. I don't feel one missed pick is worth calling me out and I'm willing to stick with it. I like the Davis pick too; not too many obvious directions to go in so this work me.

TexansSeminole
03-26-2009, 02:14 PM
My computer had virus and I fixed the problem today. The lack of a formal time limit on picks is throwing me off to be honest; 3 picks one day, 10 the next. I don't feel one missed pick is worth calling me out and I'm willing to stick with it. I like the Davis pick too; not too many obvious directions to go in so this work me.

There is a formal time limit. It is 12 hours. You got twice that.

Shouldn't be too difficult to check it once a day to see where the mock is at if you signed up. Maybe I expect too much?

There's 8 picks in one day and then we get stuck on one for a full 24 hours. People lose interest when it takes so long to get to their pick.

bah007
03-26-2009, 02:21 PM

That sucks dude.

But if you wanna stay in this thing you are just gonna have to find a way to check in every 12 hours.

I wanted to stay in but I've been so busy with school that I had to drop out. It wouldn't be fair to the rest of these guys if I kept missing my pick.

JCTexan
03-26-2009, 02:25 PM
The Tennessee Titans are on the clock. Group pick.

Their draft so far.

Alex Mack, OC, California
Sen'Derrick Marks, DT, Auburn
Ramses Barden, WR, Cal-Poly

Are there any CB's worth taking?

WolverineFan
03-26-2009, 02:32 PM

Their draft so far.

DeAngelo Smith, Cincinnati

I have him pegged as a 4th-5th round CB so this certainly is his area.

bah007
03-26-2009, 02:36 PM

Their draft so far.

I think the Titans pretty much have to go CB here.

Captain Munnerly (South Carolina) and DeAngelo Smith (Cincinnati) are my top ranked guys, but Domonique Johnson (Jackson St) and Bradley Fletcher (Iowa) wouldn't be terrible reaches.

Other than that, I guess they could go WR again. Kevin Ogletree (Virginia) and Johnny Knox (Abilene Christian) are my highest rated.

They already hit interior line with Mack but there are some good OGs still available. Andy Kemp (Wisconsin), Tyronne Greene (Auburn), and Louis Vasquez (Texas Tech) would all be fits.

They could also get depth at Safety with Emmanuel Cook (South Carolina).

The Pencil Neck
03-26-2009, 02:50 PM
At this point, on the CB front, I've got:

DeAngelo Smith
Jerraud Powers
Morgan Trent
Captain Munnerlyn
Christopher Owens
Bradley Fletcher
Domonique Johnson

All of these guys are slated in this part of the draft by different people.

On the WR front, there's:

Kevin Ogletree
Mike Wallace
Aaron Kelly
Deon Butler
Sammie Stroughter

Shaft75
03-26-2009, 03:02 PM

DeAngelo Smith
Jerraud Powers
Morgan Trent
Captain Munnerlyn
Christopher Owens
Bradley Fletcher
Domonique Johnson

Kevin Ogletree
Mike Wallace
Aaron Kelly
Deon Butler
Sammie Stroughter

I say Munnerlyn or Ogletree

Texan4Ever
03-26-2009, 04:22 PM
I say Ogletree, they need WRs.

LORK 88
03-26-2009, 04:23 PM
There is a formal time limit. It is 12 hours. You got twice that.

Shouldn't be too difficult to check it once a day to see where the mock is at if you signed up. Maybe I expect too much?

There's 8 picks in one day and then we get stuck on one for a full 24 hours. People lose interest when it takes so long to get to their pick.
Again, I had a virus on my computer for about a week. It's hard to check twice a day when firefox crashes every time I open in and explorer is slow and unreliable. Again, I fixed the problem this morning and I'm good to go. No need to keep focusing on little ol' me, let's just get this rolling again.

And for the record, when I said time limit I meant to say time slot. On another site I post on, they have a mock where a pick is designated a time slot like 12PM - 4PM and if they don't make the pick they're skipped over or have the pick made for them. You reiterated my problem in that it's hard to get a consistent number of picks in a day. Granted, the end of round 4 is a horrible time to throw out the idea, but for future consideration perhaps.

Texan4Ever
03-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Again, I had a virus on my computer for about a week. It's hard to check twice a day when firefox crashes every time I open in and explorer is slow and unreliable. Again, I fixed the problem this morning and I'm good to go. No need to keep focusing on little ol' me, let's just get this rolling again.

And for the record, when I said time limit I meant to say time slot. On another site I post on, they have a mock where a pick is designated a time slot like 12PM - 4PM and if they don't make the pick they're skipped over or have the pick made for them. You reiterated my problem in that it's hard to get a consistent number of picks in a day. Granted, the end of round 4 is a horrible time to throw out the idea, but for future consideration perhaps.

Have you made ur pick???

JCTexan
03-26-2009, 07:06 PM

DeAngelo Smith
Jerraud Powers
Morgan Trent
Captain Munnerlyn
Christopher Owens
Bradley Fletcher
Domonique Johnson

Kevin Ogletree
Mike Wallace
Aaron Kelly
Deon Butler
Sammie Stroughter

I would take DeAngelo Smith.

Have you made ur pick???

The Giants took James Davis...

The Pencil Neck
03-26-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm going to say Ogletree.

DiehardChris
03-26-2009, 07:52 PM
I vote DeAngelo Smith.

bah007
03-26-2009, 08:14 PM
I vote DeAngelo Smith.

That's 4 for Smith and 2 for Ogletree.

Texan4Ever
03-26-2009, 08:25 PM
The reason why the Tacks should go WR here is because there defense is already set with Finnegan coming off of a Pro Bowl year and the rest of the unit playing solid. They need a WR because other then Roydell Williams they don't have a good WR on that roster.

DiehardChris
03-26-2009, 08:59 PM
The reason why the Tacks should go WR here is because there defense is already set with Finnegan coming off of a Pro Bowl year and the rest of the unit playing solid. They need a WR because other then Roydell Williams they don't have a good WR on that roster.

But they just drafted one in the last round. They really need a CB.

LORK 88
03-26-2009, 09:48 PM
But they just drafted one in the last round. They really need a CB.
Agreed, outside of Nick Harper and Finnegan they don't have much. A nickel CB is a definite need and this would be a good spot to pick one. I vote DeAngelo Smith as well.

Kaiser Toro
03-26-2009, 09:51 PM
CB is a definite need for the Titans.

Shaft75
03-26-2009, 09:51 PM
I vote DeAngelo Smith.

That's 4 for Smith and 2 for Ogletree.

And 1 for Munn.....erlyn.

DiehardChris
03-26-2009, 09:55 PM
5 votes for Smith. Let's make this thing official.

EDIT Okay, since JGL35 made his Cards pick, I guess I'll make it official here.

The Titans select CB DeAngelo Smith, Cincinnati.

jgl35
03-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Cards select Jason Williams OLB Western Illinois.

JCTexan
03-27-2009, 12:03 AM
Update:

122.) Miami Dolphins Select: Cornelius Lewis, OT, Tennessee State

123.) Indianapolis Colts Select: Alex Magee, DT, Purdue

124.) Carolina Panthers Select: Brandon Gibson, WR, Washington State

125.) New York Giants Select: James Davis, RB, Clemson

126.) Tennessee Tacks Select: DeAngelo Smith, CB, Cincinnati

127.) Arizona Cardinals Select: Jason Williams, OLB, Western Illinois

Ole Miss Texan
03-27-2009, 01:24 AM
4th round is now complete:

The Pittsburgh Steelers select Mark Parson, CB, Ohio

Blake
03-27-2009, 08:47 AM

I believe they also signed Nate Washington from the Steelers.

Good job on the 4th round guys. Here is the list in case anyone wants to look. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59395)

Whats the deal with round 5? I may have missed where yall decided to stop or keep going.

Kaiser Toro
03-27-2009, 08:50 AM
I believe they also signed Nate Washington from the Steelers.

Good job on the 4th round guys. Here is the list in case anyone wants to look. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59395)

Whats the deal with round 5? I may have missed where yall decided to stop or keep going.

Let's make sure we do not delete the two draft threads. It would be nice to have a historical record.

Blake
03-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Ok, if yall decide to continue the 5th round the Detroit Lions Select:

Javon Ringer, RB, Michigan State

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/10435/340x.jpg

The Lions Have Kevin Smith who will be the starter, signed backup Maurice Morris in FA, but will need another running back. I was eying Peerman in the 6th round, but decided to pull the trigger on Ringer when he fell this far. According to his pro day he wowed NFL scouts and caught the ball very well.

Detroit Lions Draft:
R1: QB Stafford
R1: LT Britton
R2: DE Johnson
R3: TE Nelson
R3: ILB Beckwith
R5: RB Ringer

The Lions still have 2 selections in the 6th round to beef up the defense.

Blake
03-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Let's make sure we do not delete the two draft threads. It would be nice to have a historical record.

Word.

Blake
03-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Did yall decided to include comp picks or no?

Ole Miss Texan
03-27-2009, 10:10 AM
I believe the general concensus was NOT to include compensatory picks, but to include them in the next and final mock we do.

If people want to keep this mock going, I don't see any reason to stop. Those that don't want to participate could let everyone know and group picking could take over. Having the Steelers, I feel like I can just kick back and relax cuz I pick last :)

Again, I'd like to reiterate how much deeper this draft class is than I initially thought. From a Texans standpoint, I think we'll be able to find some really good players throughout the draft.

The Pencil Neck
03-27-2009, 10:33 AM
I was under the impression we were going to stop this mock here. And then after a brief re-charging of the batteries, go for a 7 round mock with the compensatory picks.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to go forward making picks with things out of order.

Ole Miss Texan
03-27-2009, 11:04 AM
I was under the impression we were going to stop this mock here. And then after a brief re-charging of the batteries, go for a 7 round mock with the compensatory picks.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to go forward making picks with things out of order.

That's my feeling as well, but i thought there was a lot that felt differently from me. I'm just along for the ride.

Having the Steelers, who pick last in each round, I'm just kind of unattached to the mock and am not really following it closely. Just looking to see when it's my pick and trying to plug one of their few holes. So I'll do whatever the general concensus is.

I think this mock went pretty smoothly for the most part though and everyone gave it their best. With the next mock, I'd like for us to have some time to get to know our new team fairly well. Do more research on these teams wants/needs and players they're contacting. We're getting into the time where we "know" a little more of what these teams are thinking (yea right), how the prospects are starting to fall and what the team has done in Free Agency.

WolverineFan
03-27-2009, 11:09 AM
I will make a pick just on the presumption that we are continuting with the mock.

With the 2nd pick in the 5th round the St. Louis Rams select . . .

SS Emanuel Cook, South Carolina

The Rams resigned Oshiomogho Atogwe at FS, but they still have a glaring need at SS because Corey Chavous is 33 yrs old and they have no capable backup. Cook is a prospect who was projected into the 4th round range so I feel pretty good about grabbing him in the 5th round.

There are questions about his work ethic because of his grades and his poor academic standing near the end of his college career, but his dedication to playing football is not in question.

St. Louis Rams Draft:
1 - T Jason Smith, Baylor
2 - CB D.J. Moore, Vanderbilt
3 - QB Josh Freeman, Kansas State
4 - RB Rashad Jennings, Liberty
5 - SS Emmanuel Cook, South Carolina

Blake
03-27-2009, 11:12 AM
If we are done, then I guess we can talk about what good players are left. Who will be there for the Texans and such.

I was surprised that Ringer was still available. Dannell Ellerbe. Roy Miller.

beerlover
03-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Fifth round
129 Seattle (from Detroit) - Kyle Bell, RB Colorado State
130 St. Louis - Emanuel Cook, SS South Carolina
131 Kansas City - Roy Miller, DT/NT UT
132 Denver (from Seattle) - Henry Melton, DE UT
133 Philadelphia (from Cleveland)
134 Cincinnati
135 Atlanta (from Oakland)
136 Jacksonville
137 Green Bay
138 San Francisco
139 Buffalo
140 San Diego
141 Denver
142 Washington
143 New York Giants (from New Orleans)
144 Houston
145 Philadelphia (from NY Jets)
146 Chicago
147 Tampa Bay
148 Dallas
149 Philadelphia
150 Minnesota
151 Philadelphia (from New England)
152 Atlanta
153 Miami
154 Baltimore
155 Carolina
156 New York Giants
157 Indianapolis
158 Dallas (from Tennessee)
159 Arizona
160 Pittsburgh

beerlover
03-27-2009, 12:31 PM
yes originally this was set-up as a 3 rd. mock without trades, my bad. the appeitite for more is now being documented as I type, this is a good thing for those so inclined & provides an educational tool for everybody who cares about the draft/NFL, that is the purpose afterall. I say keep it simple, keep on track (no trades or compenestory picks) so every team has equal opportunity to address their needs keeping established real trades as noted in draft order. it doesnt matter to me if you pick last in the round or not, beleive me its a real pain in the ass to follow Ole Miss who really knows how to make excellent picks, before it rolls over into the wanna be's @ the bottom of each round in the selection order. He drives home why the good teams reamain the good teams, they just know who the football players on & rarely miss, like at least on a couple occasions taking the player @ the top of my board. The last three rounds should go much slower without the particapation, maybe a consenesus of two memebers would help speed things up? Anyway with that said KC is on the clock-

131 KC Cheifs select - Roy Miller, NT UT 6-1 312

Ascending player has the tools, size & expereince to start in the NFL as the Chiefs new 3-4 NT. Had excellent Pro-Day showing scouts he could carry more weight on his stocky frame (excellent low center of gravity for position) yet still not lose any explosiveness or speed 4.93/4.94 both much quicker than #1 NT prospect B.J. Raji. This enables Dorsey to play the LDE/LDT in the 3-4 with Aaron Curry coming from the OLB position. Roy has high character/work ethic "My dad taught me how to be a man and to always work hard," Miller said. "He also taught me that there would be days where you don't want to do anything like go to work, school or practice, but you have to keep on going. I also remember nights where our family would eat dinner on an ironing board". All-Big 12 Conference First Team, played @ a high level in a major program gaining valueable expereince so should be ready to step in as a rookie & make immediate impact. Roy was also defensive MVP in Texas' victory over Ohio State in the 2009 Fiesta Bowl (2.5 tackles, one TFL, one sack) backed it up in East-West Shrine Game. http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gOFfE3cCRcGN/340x.jpg

JCTexan
03-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Fifth round
129 Seattle (from Detroit)
130 St. Louis
131 Kansas City
132 Denver (from Seattle)
133 Philadelphia (from Cleveland)
134 Cincinnati
136 Jacksonville
137 Green Bay
138 San Francisco
139 Buffalo
140 San Diego
141 Denver
142 Washington
144 Houston
146 Chicago
147 Tampa Bay
148 Dallas
149 Philadelphia
150 Minnesota
152 Atlanta
153 Miami
154 Baltimore
155 Carolina
156 New York Giants
157 Indianapolis
159 Arizona
160 Pittsburgh

How did Seattle get Detroit's fifth rounder?

jgl35
03-27-2009, 02:31 PM
Trade for Julian Peterson, I believe.

beerlover
03-28-2009, 02:26 AM
Julian Peterson was acquired in a trade with Seattle for DT Cory Redding and a fifth-round draft pick.

129th pick belongs to Seattle. any suggestions? so far -

Eugene Monore, OT
Sean Smith, CB/S
Andy Kevitre, OG
Demetrius Byrd

Julius Jones and T.J. Duckett are scheduled to share the load this season, but the Seahawks could still use a more explosive alternative here. Seattle has always struck me as a team a little off center, they always make some surprising picks if it where me I'd take a long hard look at Colorado State RB Kyle Bell, 6-0 233. big bruising back, strong (29 reps) with excellent speed (4.54) suffered acl (06) now fully recovered. Very similar back in style & size to Shaun Alexander 5-11 225 (selected by the Seahawks 19th overall in the 2000 draft).

Kaiser Toro
03-28-2009, 08:11 AM
With the 132nd pick the Denver Broncos select DE/FB/OLB Henry Melton from Texas

http://a.espncdn.com/media/ncf/2005/0908/photo/i_melton_195.jpg

beerlover
03-28-2009, 10:25 AM
With the 132nd pick the Denver Broncos select DE/FB/OLB Henry Melton from Texas

http://a.espncdn.com/media/ncf/2005/0908/photo/i_melton_195.jpg

nice pick :)

133 Philadelphia (from Cleveland) now on the clock

JCTexan
03-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Julian Peterson was acquired in a trade with Seattle for DT Cory Redding and a fifth-round draft pick.

129th pick belongs to Seattle. any suggestions? so far -

Eugene Monore, OT
Sean Smith, CB/S
Andy Kevitre, OG
Demetrius Byrd

Julius Jones and T.J. Duckett are scheduled to share the load this season, but the Seahawks could still use a more explosive alternative here. Seattle has always struck me as a team a little off center, they always make some surprising picks if it where me I'd take a long hard look at Colorado State RB Kyle Bell, 6-0 233. big bruising back, strong (29 reps) with excellent speed (4.54) suffered acl (06) now fully recovered. Very similar back in style & size to Shaun Alexander 5-11 225 (selected by the Seahawks 19th overall in the 2000 draft).

So this means Ringer is still on the board? Why not just stay with him if they're going RB?

steelbtexan
03-28-2009, 12:22 PM
S.L. Hill

beerlover
03-28-2009, 12:46 PM
So this means Ringer is still on the board? Why not just stay with him if they're going RB?

Ringer might make more sense for Detroit. Seattle however wants more of a classic power back. I know this is not saying much so take it with a grain of salt but on Fridays NFL Network Pathway to the Draft Casserly did his mock draft (top 10 only) & he had the Seahawks selecting Beanie Wells, 4th overall (once again similar size).

Following this mock & the fact gtexan02 selected OT Eugene Monroe (who I think is a much better pick than Casserly- good job gtexan02) his draft board was still empty of RB's. Bell is a much lesser known prospect than Ringer but his draft stock is ascending & fits their mold. So I would say Ringer is still on the board for any GM who wants to select him?

Someones going to have to take over Sea and NJY for me, as I just don't don't know enough about any of the prospects to make an informed choice. Good luck!

beerlover
03-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Fifth round
133 Philadelphia (from Cleveland) P.J. Hill, RB Wisconsin
134 Cincinnati
136 Jacksonville
137 Green Bay
138 San Francisco
139 Buffalo
140 San Diego
141 Denver
142 Washington
144 Houston
146 Chicago
147 Tampa Bay
148 Dallas
149 Philadelphia
150 Minnesota
152 Atlanta
153 Miami
154 Baltimore
155 Carolina
156 New York Giants
157 Indianapolis
159 Arizona
160 Pittsburgh

beerlover
03-28-2009, 01:11 PM
yes originally this was set-up as a 3 rd. mock without trades, my bad. the appeitite for more is now being documented as I type, this is a good thing for those so inclined & provides an educational tool for everybody who cares about the draft/NFL, that is the purpose afterall. I say keep it simple, keep on track (no trades or compenestory picks) so every team has equal opportunity to address their needs keeping established real trades as noted in draft order. it doesnt matter to me if you pick last in the round or not, beleive me its a real pain in the ass to follow Ole Miss who really knows how to make excellent picks, before it rolls over into the wanna be's @ the bottom of each round in the selection order. He drives home why the good teams reamain the good teams, they just know who the football players on & rarely miss, like at least on a couple occasions taking the player @ the top of my board. The last three rounds should go much slower without the particapation, maybe a consenesus of two memebers would help speed things up? Anyway with that said KC is on the clock-

131 KC Cheifs select - Roy Miller, NT UT 6-1 312

Ascending player has the tools, size & expereince to start in the NFL as the Chiefs new 3-4 NT. Had excellent Pro-Day showing scouts he could carry more weight on his stocky frame (excellent low center of gravity for position) yet still not lose any explosiveness or speed 4.93/4.94 both much quicker than #1 NT prospect B.J. Raji. This enables Dorsey to play the LDE/LDT in the 3-4 with Aaron Curry coming from the OLB position. Roy has high character/work ethic All-Big 12 Conference First Team, played @ a high level in a major program gaining valueable expereince so should be ready to step in as a rookie & make immediate impact. Roy was also defensive MVP in Texas' victory over Ohio State in the 2009 Fiesta Bowl (2.5 tackles, one TFL, one sack) backed it up in East-West Shrine Game. http://nfldotcom.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/r_miller_090325_blog.jpg

fresh pic from UT Pro Day

Texan4Ever
03-28-2009, 04:56 PM
So, if the Cheifs are employing a 3-4 defensive scheme what happens to Glenn Dorsey and Tamba Hali. I don't think Dorsey could play NT and I can't imagine him as a DE. As for Hali, the sight of seeing him play OLB is laughable. :d:

DiehardChris
03-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Wait - so, did someone just pick Sammie Lee Hill?

Texan4Ever
03-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Wait - so, did someone just pick Sammie Lee Hill?

Yea, lol....I was confused to untill I saw someone posted s.l. hill. If people would actually take the time to at least write why they chose the particular player and post a pic that would make things easier.

DiehardChris
03-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Yea, lol....I was confused to untill I saw someone posted s.l. hill. If people would actually take the time to at least write why they chose the particular player and post a pic that would make things easier.

It's not that - it's that only one person gave a name, then someone put it up as the selection... that's not how we've been doing it. I think we have a rule for the consensus picks - roughly, we've been going with the first one to receive four votes - unless there are a bunch of people online, then we let it string out a little longer.

So - not to speak for the whole group here - but I think all would pretty much agree that whatever team took SLHill is still on the clock. Let's just say he's nominated.

DiehardChris
03-28-2009, 07:05 PM
The Philadelphia Eagles are on the clock.

One nomination - Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman College.

Texan4Ever
03-28-2009, 08:03 PM
The Philadelphia Eagles are on the clock.

One nomination - Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman College.

Oh snap, Philly is my team...i'll have a selection is a few minutes.

Texan4Ever
03-28-2009, 08:13 PM
With the 133rd selection...the Philly Eagles select...

P.J. Hill - RB

http://www.muzzleofbees.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/pj-hill.jpg

~ Productive back with good vision and power. Has durability concerns and character issues but I think that can be fixed especially playing for a team like the Eagles who have leaders in McNabb and Westbrook. Good RB to compliment Westbrook.

beerlover
03-28-2009, 08:14 PM
So, if the Cheifs are employing a 3-4 defensive scheme what happens to Glenn Dorsey and Tamba Hali. I don't think Dorsey could play NT and I can't imagine him as a DE. As for Hali, the sight of seeing him play OLB is laughable. :d:

Dorsey doesn't have to play nose. Chiefs address this need in the draft, thats why I selected Roy Miller, to play NT.

Also should note: from Z report, as it relates to the Texans -

For the record, I think Roy Miller is similar to Kyle Williams when he came out of LSU. I think he'll be an active backup NT who will be a good value in the 5th. I think the Texans should look at him.

mussop
03-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Before I make my pick, are we going to finish this draft or just this round.

DiehardChris
03-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Before I make my pick, are we going to finish this draft or just this round.

Good question. I started that thread with a poll, which has 36 views but only 3 votes. It seems like apathy is the prevailing thought so far.

Obviously we need to hear from more of the people involved, but if apathy continues to be the way it goes, we should probably just shut the thing down. No reason to do it if people don't actively still want to do it.

mussop
03-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Good question. I started that thread with a poll, which has 36 views but only 3 votes. It seems like apathy is the prevailing thought so far.

Obviously we need to hear from more of the people involved, but if apathy continues to be the way it goes, we should probably just shut the thing down. No reason to do it if people don't actively still want to do it.

put me down as like to finish.

Specnatz
03-28-2009, 10:31 PM
I would like to finish ... I will send Chris my selections in advance because I am going out of town for a month and I will miss the Draft ................. SOB ^&%$&^%$(&*$#I^&U*(*(%&#$#$^*W%l

Anyway, so goes life.

DiehardChris
03-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Aw, man!!! Are you actually going to MISS the draft, or will you watch it wherever you're staying? That's the pits!

I wouldn't mind continuing, but we would really have to get on the ball if we were going to do another one.

Either way - I'm a bad one to send picks to. I'm working a TON of overtime lately... my "internet life" is suffering for it, heh.

Specnatz
03-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Aw, man!!! Are you actually going to MISS the draft, or will you watch it wherever you're staying? That's the pits!

I wouldn't mind continuing, but we would really have to get on the ball if we were going to do another one.

Either way - I'm a bad one to send picks to. I'm working a TON of overtime lately... my "internet life" is suffering for it, heh.

I will be at a biker rally working, so yes I will miss the draft. I will also miss the final four as well. Yaay.

:mcnugget:

JCTexan
03-29-2009, 01:16 AM
Here's the fifth round & who's picking for what team... Seattle, Tennessee, Tampa Bay & Indy are free if someone wants to pick for them.

129. Seattle -
134. Cincinnati - mussop
144. Houston - Shaft75
146. Chicago - jgl35
147. Tampa Bay -
152. Atlanta - Jctexan
156. NY Giants - Lork88
157. Indianapolis -
159. Arizona - jgl35

Texan4Ever
03-29-2009, 01:22 AM
Here's the fifth round & who's picking for what team... Seattle, Tennessee, Tampa Bay & Indy are free if someone wants to pick for them.

We should just group pick for the teams with no mock GM, I think thats the best course of action.

jgl35
03-29-2009, 07:00 AM
I am staying in as far as this goes.

LORK 88
03-29-2009, 12:39 PM

129. Seattle -
134. Cincinnati - mussop
144. Houston - Shaft75
146. Chicago - jgl35
147. Tampa Bay -
152. Atlanta - Jctexan
156. NY Giants - Lork88
157. Indianapolis -
159. Arizona - jgl35
I'll take Indy if you don't mind. They pick right after NYG so it should make it easy for me.

DiehardChris
03-29-2009, 12:51 PM
We need this list somewhere where it's not on page 23 of a huge thread.

Super Mario - can you use your mod powers and stick this at the top or bottom of the selection thread? Or if there's another mod participating in the mock, maybe that person?

The Pencil Neck
03-29-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm in this as long as it goes. But from a work perspective, this is a bad time for me. I've got 2 projects that I have to get done over the next few weeks. On top of that, I've got some sort of illness that the doctors haven't been able to track down. They originally thought it was the flu but it's come back as something else. I may have a form of hepatitis or mononucleosis or something. So... I'm probably not going to be as active as normal. I will try to be diligent in getting my picks in, however.

I've got the Saints, Panthers, and Vikings.

JCTexan
03-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Mussop & the Cincinnati Bengals are still on the clock...

It has been 19 hours since the last pick.

JCTexan
03-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Fifth round:

133 Philadelphia (from Cleveland) P.J. Hill, RB Wisconsin
134 Cincinnati
136 Jacksonville
137 Green Bay
138 San Francisco
139 Buffalo
140 San Diego
141 Denver
142 Washington
144 Houston
146 Chicago
147 Tampa Bay
148 Dallas
149 Philadelphia
150 Minnesota
152 Atlanta
153 Miami
154 Baltimore
155 Carolina
156 New York Giants
157 Indianapolis
159 Arizona
160 Pittsburgh

mussop
03-29-2009, 05:48 PM
134 Cincinnati picks Cedric Peerman Virginia RBC

JCTexan
03-30-2009, 01:04 AM
With the 135th pick the Atlanta Falcons select... Bear Pascoe, TE, Fresno State.

The Falcons need a TE & Pascoe is the best one left on my board. Pascoe is a willing blocker, and he was one of the hardest working players on his team.

Falcons draft so far:

1. Clay Matthews, OLB, USC
2. Patrick Chung, S, Oregon
3. Keenan Lewis, CB, Oregon State
4. Chris Baker, DT, Hampton
5. Bear Pascoe, TE, Fresno State

JCTexan
03-30-2009, 01:06 AM
Fifth round:

129 Seattle (from Detroit) - Kyle Bell, RB, Colorado State
130 St. Louis - Emanuel Cook, SS, South Carolina
131 Kansas City - Roy Miller, DT/NT, UT
132 Denver (from Seattle) - Henry Melton, DE, UT
133 Philadelphia (from Cleveland) - P.J. Hill, RB, Wisconsin
134 Cincinnati - Cedric Peerman, RB, Virginia
135 Atlanta (from Oakland) - Bear Pascoe, TE, Fresno State
136 Jacksonville
137 Green Bay
138 San Francisco
139 Buffalo
140 San Diego
141 Denver
142 Washington
144 Houston
146 Chicago
147 Tampa Bay
148 Dallas
149 Philadelphia
150 Minnesota
152 Atlanta
153 Miami
154 Baltimore
155 Carolina
156 New York Giants
157 Indianapolis
159 Arizona
160 Pittsburgh

Texan4Ever
03-30-2009, 01:42 AM
With the 136th overall selection, the Jacksonville Jaguars select...

Herb Donaldson - RB - Western Illinois

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper650/stills/7ej2bi4s.jpg

~ I fully expect Maurice Jones-Drew to be the starting RB, but now with Fred Taylor with the Patriots, a powerfull RB was a need for this team. Donaldson is a small school gem, a powerfull RB who can catch the ball and make blocks in the blackfield. Good character guy and stands for the team rather then himself and is unselfish as a player.

Listed at 5'11" 225-Lbs and runs a 4.60 40-yard dash....check this video out for more about Herb Donaldson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3n26z6Zr98

http://www.wiuathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=4963&DB_OEM_ID=12000&ATCLID=631513

Shaft75
03-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Who wouldn't want a football player named Herb on their team. The league will probably drug test him 10x as much as a regular player.

DiehardChris
03-30-2009, 06:23 PM
I guess I'm on the clock. Sorry guys, just got in from work and I have no internet access there. Gimmie a few and I'll make the Packers pick.

DiehardChris
03-30-2009, 06:33 PM
With the 137th pick the Green Bay Packers select:

SEBASTIAN VOLLMER, OT, HOUSTON and HIS ORANGE FRIEND FROM SMU

http://www.nfluk.com/uploads/assets/Features/College/vollmer.JPG

DiehardChris
03-30-2009, 06:35 PM
SPEC and the SAN FRAN 49ERS are on the clock

Specnatz
03-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Holy crap and I log on .. give me a sec because I am lost beyond lost.

Specnatz
03-30-2009, 09:44 PM
With the 138 Pick

San Francisco 49ers Slecet:

Darryl Richard DT, Georgia Tech

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/geot/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/496934.jpeg

DiehardChris
03-30-2009, 10:19 PM
With the 138 Pick

San Francisco 49ers Slecet:

Darryl Richard DT, Georgia Tech

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/geot/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/496934.jpeg

Wow, nice and quick! You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

TexansSeminole and the Buffalo Bills are on the clock

TexansSeminole
03-30-2009, 10:20 PM
With the 139th pick the Buffalo Bills select DE Matt Shaughnessy, Wisconson

http://muscleprodigy.com/shaughn%20block%20pass.jpg

I hadn't addressed the Bills need for a pass rusher and DE. While Shaughnessy isn't the best pass rusher left, he is the most balanced DE left.

Specnatz
03-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Wow, nice and quick! You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

TexansSeminole and the Buffalo Bills are on the clock

Truck broke down so I am in las cruces until the am, fuel filter clogged so they are doing a flush to make sure no other issues.

I hope that was a good pick I looked at several places and had a list of what I wanted but not sure if it was good or not.

DiehardChris
03-31-2009, 12:12 AM
Oh, man! Are you going to miss any work from that? Sorry you're stranded, man.

TAILGATE and the SAN DIEGO CHARGERS are on the clock

HOU-TEX
03-31-2009, 10:03 AM
With the 139th pick the Buffalo Bills select DE Matt Shaughnessy, Wisconson

http://muscleprodigy.com/shaughn%20block%20pass.jpg

I hadn't addressed the Bills need for a pass rusher and DE. While Shaughnessy isn't the best pass rusher left, he is the most balanced DE left.

IMO, this is absolute theft! Getting Shaughnessy in the 5th would be awesome......for the Texans, of course. :winky:

I had to go back and double check if he'd already been taken. Great pick, Seminole.

TexansSeminole
03-31-2009, 10:34 AM
IMO, this is absolute theft! Getting Shaughnessy in the 5th would be awesome......for the Texans, of course. :winky:

I had to go back and double check if he'd already been taken. Great pick, Seminole.

Thanks.

JCTexan
03-31-2009, 03:10 PM
Fifth round:

136 Jacksonville - Herb Donaldson, RB, Western Illinois
137 Green Bay - Sebastian Vollmer, OT, Houston
138 San Francisco - Darryl Richard, DT, Georgia Tech
139 Buffalo - Matt Shaughnessy, DE, Wisconson
140 San Diego
141 Denver
142 Washington
144 Houston
146 Chicago
147 Tampa Bay
148 Dallas
149 Philadelphia
150 Minnesota
152 Atlanta
153 Miami
154 Baltimore
155 Carolina
156 New York Giants
157 Indianapolis
159 Arizona
160 Pittsburgh

DiehardChris
03-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Looks like time is way, way up for the Chargers.

Group pick time.

Texan4Ever
03-31-2009, 08:56 PM
Looks like time is way, way up for the Chargers.

Group pick time.

Group pick then?

steelbtexan
03-31-2009, 09:39 PM
Who have the Chargers taken so far?

jgl35
03-31-2009, 09:41 PM
Keenan Lewis CB Oregon State?

DiehardChris
03-31-2009, 09:46 PM
Who have the Chargers taken so far?

K. Moreno RB
K. Moore DE
C Brown LB

They didn't have a 2nd rounder.

steelbtexan
03-31-2009, 10:02 PM
Lydon Murtha would be my choice.

He had the best no.s @ the combine & has the ability to play G-T.

Murtha just needs to gain strength & work on his technique.

Getting somebody that has Murtha's athletic ability in the 5th rd is a steal IMHO.

Texan4Ever
03-31-2009, 10:35 PM
They need an OG and I suggest one of these players (dunno if there still on the board): Cornelius Lewis, CJ Davis, Dallas Reynolds, or Louis Vasquez.

JCTexan
03-31-2009, 10:41 PM
Keenan Lewis CB Oregon State?

I picked him in the 3rd for Atlanta.

They need an OG and I suggest one of these players (dunno if there still on the board): Cornelius Lewis, CJ Davis, Dallas Reynolds, or Louis Vasquez.

I don't know about the rest of the guys, but Lewis went to the Dolphins in the 4th.

Texan4Ever
03-31-2009, 10:44 PM
I picked him in the 3rd for Atlanta.

I don't know about the rest of the guys, but Lewis went to the Dolphins in the 4th.

Okay, thanks for letting me know. In that case I vote for Roger Allen from Missouri Western St. 6'2" 326-Lbs, stout at the point of attack and light on his feet, very mature and has a ton of experience at the position. However, health is a concern.

bah007
03-31-2009, 10:59 PM
I think they could use depth at S or on the interior line.

My top remaining safeties are SS-Chris Clemons (Clemson), SS-Courtney Greene (Rutgers), and FS-Curtis Taylor (LSU).

There is still very good value for OGs. Andy Kemp (Wisconsin), Tyronne Greene (Auburn), and Louis Vasquez (Texas Tech) are still available.

Texan4Ever
03-31-2009, 11:56 PM
I think they could use depth at S or on the interior line.

My top remaining safeties are SS-Chris Clemons (Clemson), SS-Courtney Greene (Rutgers), and FS-Curtis Taylor (LSU).

There is still very good value for OGs. Andy Kemp (Wisconsin), Tyronne Greene (Auburn), and Louis Vasquez (Texas Tech) are still available.

I think they should go OG here. Kemp is a good player but needs to improve and has limited upside, Vasquez played in a two-point stance and has the mass but isn't light on his feet and doesn't have quickness. Dunno about Greene, but if you guys pick someone I would like to go OG here.

mussop
04-01-2009, 05:56 AM
I vote Vasquez

steelbtexan
04-01-2009, 07:58 AM
I change my vote to Vasquez

HOU-TEX
04-01-2009, 10:18 AM
I change my vote to Vasquez

Sounds good to me too.

Diehard, make it happen. :cool:

bah007
04-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Vasquez

JCTexan
04-01-2009, 01:29 PM
With the 140th pick San Diego Chargers select... Louis Vasquez, OG, Texas Tech

The Denver Broncos are on the clock

JCTexan
04-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Fifth round:

136 Jacksonville - Herb Donaldson, RB, Western Illinois
137 Green Bay - Sebastian Vollmer, OT, Houston
138 San Francisco - Darryl Richard, DT, Georgia Tech
139 Buffalo - Matt Shaughnessy, DE, Wisconson
140 San Diego - Louis Vasquez, OG, Texas Tech
141 Denver
142 Washington
144 Houston
146 Chicago
147 Tampa Bay
148 Dallas
149 Philadelphia
150 Minnesota
152 Atlanta
153 Miami
154 Baltimore
155 Carolina
156 New York Giants
157 Indianapolis
159 Arizona
160 Pittsburgh

Ole Miss Texan
04-01-2009, 01:50 PM
The Denver Broncos are on the clock
Who's the best available Quarterback? :heh: frickin' idiots...

JCTexan
04-01-2009, 02:07 PM

Doesn't Graham Harrell fit New England's system? I think he would be a nice fit for the Broncos.

bah007
04-01-2009, 02:27 PM

Mike Reilly (Central Washington), Nathan Brown (Central Arkansas), and Graham Harrell (Texas Tech) would all probably fit the system. I have them ranked in that order. Reilly is the highest rated QB left on my board.

Hunter Cantwell (Louisviile) and Stephen McGee (Texas A&M) are two guys that have the required skill set to play in the NFL, but for various reasons will be low round picks.