PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry needs a job.....

4Texans
03-12-2009, 02:11 PM
www.profootballtalk.com

HENRY: “I’VE LOST EVERYTHING IN THIS MESS I’VE GOTTEN MYSELF INTO”
Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 12, 2009, 11:38 a.m.
Troubled former Denver Broncos running back Travis Henry owes $170,000 annually in child support for his nine children and is unemployed as he remains under house arrest due to a pending cocaine trafficking charge, according to the New York Times.

The 30-year-old former NFL star’s children are ages 3 to 11, and all of them have separate mothers. Henry says he can’t afford to keep up with the child support payments.

“They’ve got my blood; I’ve got to deal with it,” Henry told the Times. “I love all my kids. I’ve lost everything in this mess I’ve gotten myself into.”

Henry said he didn’t plan the children with one exception, and was informed by some of the mothers that they were on birth control only to learn that they weren’t.

“I did use protection at first,” Henry said. “Then they’d be saying they’d be on the pill. I was an ***** to trust them. Second or third time with them, I didn’t use it. Then, boom!

“My counselor asks me, ‘How can you do the same thing over and over?’ Knock on wood, or something, I’m blessed not to have AIDS. That never crossed my mind.”

Henry declined to discuss the drug case, which is set for an arraignment next month.

UPDATE: According to ESPN’s Outside the Lines’ program, Henry recently became the father of twin girls, upping his total to 11 children with 10 different women.

Texan4Ever
03-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Not a guy the Texans would grab but...was a Pro Bowl RB and a good player who went from everything to nothing...sad waste of talent.

kiwitexansfan
03-12-2009, 02:18 PM
How about sperm donor.... he seems to be good at that.

HOU-TEX
03-12-2009, 02:21 PM
You reap what you sow. :tiphat:

El Tejano
03-12-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm hiring at my shoeshine stand.

Texecutioner
03-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Okay, everyone has beaten up on Travis Henry enough for the last few years.

At least he is admitting that he is a total screw up and doesn't know what to do. I won't kick him while he is down anymore, because at least he is being somewhat humbled by it now at least.

What I don't get is why didn't this fool just get a vesectomy after say kid 6?

And even with 9 kids, how in the hell does that equal out to 170,000 per year? That seems like a lot of extra cash they are asking him to pay out each year. I've known several women that got paid child support from the fathers and it was usually only a few hundred bucks a month.

El Tejano
03-12-2009, 03:04 PM

At least he is admitting that he is a total screw up and doesn't know what to do. I won't kick him while he is down anymore, because at least he is being somewhat humbled by it now at least.

And even with 9 kids, how in the hell does that equal out to 170,000 per year? That seems like a lot of extra cash they are asking him to pay out each year. I've known several women that got paid child support from the fathers and it was usually only a few hundred bucks a month.

I believe it goes by a percentage of your annual income. Don't take my word for it though.

Specnatz
03-12-2009, 03:04 PM

Child support is determined by your income at the time you go to court. Guys who make millions pay more than the guy making 50k a year.

4Texans
03-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Child support is determined by your income at the time you go to court. Guys who make millions pay more than the guy making 50k a year.

Exactly. He'll eventually go before the family court again and show that his income is greatly reduced, and the child support will be reduced. He will still owe the back child support that was not paid.

Texecutioner
03-12-2009, 03:17 PM

Yeah, I thought that was how it went, and that is one of the biggest crocks of crap laws to me. A kid is a kid. Just because one guy makes more than the next, he shouldn't have to spend way more money on a child that will require the same amount of financial care. Many times I see woman abusing this to use the money on themselves as well. I think that is a really unfair and stupid law.

El Tejano
03-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I thought that was how it went, and that is one of the biggest crocks of crap laws to me. A kid is a kid. Just because one guy makes more than the next, he shouldn't have to spend way more money on a child that will require the same amount of financial care. Many times I see woman abusing this to use the money on themselves as well. I think that is a really unfair and stupid law.

No joke. Even when my brother's ex-wife made her kid go live with him because she couldn't control her, she was still socking it to my brother on the monthly pay stuff. The judge just threw out the fact that she lived with my brother. What's up with that?

4Texans
03-12-2009, 04:04 PM
No joke. Even when my brother's ex-wife made her kid go live with him because she couldn't control her, she was still socking it to my brother on the monthly pay stuff. The judge just threw out the fact that she lived with my brother. What's up with that?

That's one of the major screw-ups with the system!

Lucky
03-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Not a guy the Texans would grab but...was a Pro Bowl RB and a good player who went from everything to nothing...sad waste of talent.
We have 20+ page threads on the Texans picking up Cedric Benson or Ricky Williams. A smattering of posts on Travis Henry, who is twice the back the ex-Longhorns are. I'm not advocating bringing in Henry (or dismissing the idea). Just pointing out a discrepancy in how Henry & the Horns are perceived.

Specnatz
03-12-2009, 10:43 PM
We have 20+ page threads on the Texans picking up Cedric Benson or Ricky Williams. A smattering of posts on Travis Henry, who is twice the back the ex-Longhorns are. I'm not advocating bringing in Henry (or dismissing the idea). Just pointing out a discrepancy in how Henry & the Horns are perceived.

It is comical isn't it?

WesmanTexanfan
03-12-2009, 10:49 PM
You reap what you sow. :tiphat:

not everyone has to answer to it like that.....

but still, agreed....

El Tejano
03-13-2009, 09:56 AM

Cedric's DUI's or BUI's were dismissed and to date that is all we've heard about the guy.

Travis Henry has failed drug tests, got busted for trafficing cocaine, and now we see he owes tons of money in child support.

The two are very different circumstances with very different consequences.

On a side note, my shoeshine stand can earn up to 50 bucks an hour if Travis is still interested.

TimeKiller
03-13-2009, 10:19 AM

On a side note, my shoeshine stand can earn up to 50 bucks an hour if Travis is still interested.

Jesus, that must be one high-class shoeshine stand.

What's the deal with all the "OH well I've finally figured out how stupid I've been" reports now? 11 kids by 10 women, the saving grace is that one lady had twins? **** that guy. You know what I call a lady who has 11 kids from 10 dudes? A slut. Travis Henry is no different.

Specnatz
03-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Cedric's DUI's or BUI's were dismissed and to date that is all we've heard about the guy.

Travis Henry has failed drug tests, got busted for trafficing cocaine, and now we see he owes tons of money in child support.

The two are very different circumstances with very different consequences.

True but the first thread regarding Benson was right after his release from the Bears and the charges were still pending. Also you dismissed Luckys comments regarding Toke Williams and the long countless regarding bringing him here.

Texecutioner
03-13-2009, 11:38 AM

Sorry, but that isn't even true. Henry has never been a better back than Ricky Williams was before Ricky retired.

Now, I'd have no problem giving Henry a try out right now. If the coaching staff thinks he could still run and help out the team, then bring him in. No way could he sign for any more than league minimum. He has hit rock bottom, so he would be motivated as well. Problem is that he probably isn't that good anymore. He has always had a lot of injuries as well. It would be hard to imagine him being able to even make the team.

Napa Auto Parts
03-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Octomom woud love him