PDA

View Full Version : Rams release Pace

4Texans
03-10-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm sure he'll catch on with another team real soon. Which tackle do you think the Rams will draft?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/10/rams-release-pace/

TEXANRED
03-10-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm sure he'll catch on with another team real soon. Which tackle do you think the Rams will draft?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/10/rams-release-pace/

I am going to guess he ends up with the Jags.

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Does he retire or does he try to find another team? There will be takers especially if he is willing to go to RT. He could probably milk another 3 or 4 years of RT play out of his body if he goes to the right situation.

I will be very surprised if anyone brings him in to be their starting LT.

infantrycak
03-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Don't even think about suggesting it

Double Barrel
03-10-2009, 04:43 PM
^ lol...and here I was with a really bright suggestion.... :thinking:

DiehardChris
03-10-2009, 04:54 PM

LOL - it already happened on the other board, and I already had to lay the smack down. Gently, of course.

DiehardChris
03-10-2009, 04:55 PM
I am going to guess he ends up with the Jags.

The Jags just spent a ton of money on an old LT - Tra Thomas.

Drew_Smoke
03-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Oh let them suggest it. Mods get bored if they don't have anything to censor.

TexanSam
03-10-2009, 05:06 PM
I think the Texans should sign him!!!!! :D

Ole Miss Texan
03-10-2009, 05:07 PM
1,000,000:1 odds the Rams select the #1 rated LT at pick #2.

infantrycak
03-10-2009, 05:08 PM
LOL - it already happened on the other board, and I already had to lay the smack down. Gently, of course.

Sheesh--seriously, put him at center. LOL.

Ole Miss Texan
03-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Play him at NT next to Amobi?

kiwitexansfan
03-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Why not suggest it? If he'd come in for E.Salaam money and do Salaam's old job.

TEXANS84
03-10-2009, 06:56 PM

2nd longest thread in TT.com history. Brings back memories. He pulled a Cedric Benson on us.

Texan4Ever
03-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Well, the Rams NEED an OT so with release of Orlando Pace, all signs suggest OT as the #2 selection. They also signed former Ravens center Brown who can anchor there line which is a good start.

Here are the OTs at a glance...

A.) Jason Smith - My personal favorite (converted TE like Duane Brown). Excellent pass protector but needs to add bulk.

B.) Eugene Monroe - 2nd best option. Good overall OT but tends to take plays off and durability is a concern.

C.) Michael Oher - The best OT in the draft for teams that love to "pound the rock." Humble athlete, considering his childhood, doesn't have any off-the-field issues and well play his heart out.

D.) Andre Smith - IMO, major bust potential but with a ton of upside if coached well. Needs to loose weight and drop down to at least 320 - lbs. Was M.I.A. during the combine because "he was not prepared". Passion for the game a legit concern as I have seen him "go easy" on opponents during plays. Major steal if he can get his act together.

There are more to choose from but not worthy of a #2 selection...

The Rams should go with Jason Smith, IMO. It is for certain OT will be the Rams priority.

kiwitexansfan
03-10-2009, 09:47 PM
ever heard of forgive and forget?

HOU-TEX
03-11-2009, 09:30 AM
If he wishes to play again, I think he'll end up back with the Rams at a bargain price. Dude's had a good career though.

infantrycak
03-11-2009, 09:53 AM
Well, the Rams NEED an OT so with release of Orlando Pace, all signs suggest OT as the #2 selection. They also signed former Ravens center Brown who can anchor there line which is a good start..

Apparently they intend to move 1st rounder Alex Barron over to LT and move their LG Jacob Bell out to RT.

* Alex Barron will be moved from right tackle to left tackle immediately.

* Rams will take a long look at Jacob Bell, last season’s starting left guard, as the right tackle. Such a move would open a starting spot at LG for John Greco.

* Asked if Bell is big enough to play right tackle, Devaney replied: “We hope so.”

* Pace’s release does not mean the team will zero in on an offensive tackle with the No. 2 overall draft pick. “We have a lot of holes and we still have the luxury of being able to pick the highest-rated player at No. 2.”

Link (http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/around-the-horns/around-the-horns/2009/03/devaney-on-1380-am-barron-at-lt-bell-at-rt-for-now/)

GP
03-11-2009, 10:00 AM
2nd longest thread in TT.com history. Brings back memories. He pulled a Cedric Benson on us.

Exactly.

I hope he's done. Call me rude or angry, I don't care. He used us to leverage the Rams. How do I know that? He never even entertained an offer, never even came to visit us when it was clear that he was planning to visit us--I want to go so far as to say that he was either on the plane, or about to get on the plane to come to Houston, when the Rams ponied up the cash to make him stay a Ram.

Had he been THAT interested in us, he would have said "I'm still going to Houston to see what they have to say." Instead, he skipped a visit to Houston and got his coin from the Rams.

And I'm glad we didn't acquire him. He ended up blowing a knee, IIRC. Can you imagine being saddled with that contract? That was the best deal that never worked out for us.

Texan4Ever
03-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Apparently they intend to move 1st rounder Alex Barron over to LT and move their LG Jacob Bell out to RT.

Link (http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/around-the-horns/around-the-horns/2009/03/devaney-on-1380-am-barron-at-lt-bell-at-rt-for-now/)

Alex Barron was horrible at RT, moving him to LT is a concern but maybe the Rams know something I don't?

4Texans
03-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Exactly.

I hope he's done. Call me rude or angry, I don't care. He used us to leverage the Rams. How do I know that? He never even entertained an offer, never even came to visit us when it was clear that he was planning to visit us--I want to go so far as to say that he was either on the plane, or about to get on the plane to come to Houston, when the Rams ponied up the cash to make him stay a Ram.

I recall that Pace actually came to Houston, and Casserly and Capers gave him a tour of the facilities, and started talking $$$$. I could be wrong, but..... :thinking:

infantrycak
03-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Exactly.

Had he been THAT interested in us, he would have said "I'm still going to Houston to see what they have to say." Instead, he skipped a visit to Houston and got his coin from the Rams.

Nope came down here and spent two days with the Texans. He had a fully negotiated offer from us. It was not signed because he was franchised and the Texans were trying to work out lower compensation with the Rams. The Rams matched it and he decided to stay where he was.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2014104)