PDA

View Full Version : record for next year

HouSportsWriter
03-10-2009, 01:34 PM
yes it is time and we did not even draft yet =d

reason for starting......

last year every 1 was looking for play offs i was 2

but ike happend and schaub got hurt.... and now!.....
sage is gone

(i like this move but he was the best back up we coulda gotten)

smith wont help to much but will help... unless he gos crazy like mario did in the 2nd year...(prays)

if schaub is healthy slaton does not get hurt and every thing gos well

what could our record be....

i wana know now becuse the texans of last year was ok and did great comeing back after ike and schaub

if we do well to the finish

we could go.......11-5 =]

im not saying the texans will go 16 and 0 but they will do a heck of a lot beter

:includeme:

Shaft75
03-10-2009, 01:44 PM
I feel that I should let you know something. You shouldn't type in all lower case. The way that you write your posts on here makes you seem like a complete *****. Especially when you post a new thread two times a week.

Just trying to help...

imatexan
03-10-2009, 01:50 PM
I feel that I should let you know something. You shouldn't type in all lower case. The way that you write your posts on here makes you seem like a complete *****. Especially when you post a new thread two times a week.

Just trying to help...

This plus, we will have plenty of these threads and polls later in the offseason.

Please do not start now.

dalemurphy
03-10-2009, 02:03 PM
This plus, we will have plenty of these threads and polls later in the offseason.

Please do not start now.

I'm starting. I predict we will win between 9 and 12 games.

HOU-TEX
03-10-2009, 02:09 PM
We

will

win

some

games

hot pickle
03-10-2009, 02:10 PM
10-6

Specnatz
03-10-2009, 02:17 PM
We will draft players in the upcoming draft.

Shaft75
03-10-2009, 02:26 PM
i thinks that we will win most of our games...pls win texans

before we did not have plyers as good as now...

i hope that we go to teh supper bowl dis year 2009!...

bigbrewster2000
03-10-2009, 02:29 PM
This is a pretty bold prediction but I will go ahead and do it anyway. We will win between 0 and 16 games this coming season and because I am so bold the Texans will win between 0 and 16 games every season from now on as long as the season remains 16 games long. :shades:

False Start
03-10-2009, 02:37 PM
We will win all the games we outscore the opposition in..... :fans: :cool:

Texecutioner
03-10-2009, 03:35 PM

We had better win 10 games minimum unless AJ and Mario both get injured. This will be Kubiak and SMith's 4th year here in their tenure and the excuses will be out the window. It's time for this team to have a nice winning seasonby any means.

Shaft75
03-10-2009, 04:32 PM
The games that we win will either start at 12 pm, 3 pm, or 7:30 pm. And we aren't going to win any games on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday.

:fans:

Ryan
03-10-2009, 04:35 PM
I bet we are gonna end up somewhere between 0-16 and 16-0. Bold prediction I know.

Goatcheese
03-10-2009, 04:42 PM
At this point I would have to say 6-10.

The defense is learning a new system
We don't know what we have in DE Smith
We traded away Sage and all of his starts
Orlovsky has to learn the offense
We have no #2 RB so if Slaton goes down we have no running game at all
We still have no legit starting NTs
We still have no legit starting SSs
The Middle of our O-line is still weak and struggles in short yardage

Obviously this is without the new players we'll get from the draft. Depending on who we get I can see us winning 10.

ObsiWan
03-10-2009, 04:47 PM
is it me or are some of you not taking this thread seriously?
:stirpot:

D_Money85
03-10-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm say 10-6 the best and 8-8 the worse if we drop below .500 this year i will be really down about that

devo-x
03-10-2009, 05:08 PM
9-7

swtbound07
03-10-2009, 05:10 PM
7-9

Double Barrel
03-10-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm going with 9-7, as well, based upon...well, based upon absolutely nothing. Just hoping for a winning season around these parts. That's not too much to ask, is it, football gods?!?

Shaft75
03-10-2009, 05:13 PM

i am just hoping slaton will be a beast...

TEXANRED
03-10-2009, 05:30 PM

I will say between zero and sixteen.

disaacks3
03-10-2009, 05:39 PM

omg plz srsly?

Second Honeymoon
03-10-2009, 05:40 PM
8-8 with some more tough losses on the road. 6-2 home and 2-6 road.

ObsiWan
03-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Let's do this illogically and ignore any potential injuries, draft-day/training camp disappointments and add in a healthy dose of off-season homerism

Here
Tenn - loss (they win at our place, we win at their's)
Indy - win (both teams "hold serve" at home)
Jags - win (we sweep 'em this season)
Pats - win (Schaub leads last minute drive and Kris wins it with a 50-yarder)
49ers - win (they continue to have QB issues)
Sea. - win (new coach, suspect running game, no one to be feared on defense)
NYJ - win (new coach, and who's their QB?)
Oak - win (they finally come here and we owe them from last year's butt-kicking)

Away
Tenn - Win (see above)
Indy - Loss (see above)
Jags - win (sweep)
Miami - loss (they finally get us back for those squeakers we stole)
Buff - win (its midseason and T.O.'s ripped apart the locker room by now) :D
STL - win (who do they have again?)
Cards - loss (they're tough to beat at home and we suck on the road)
Cincy - Win (its Cincy)

There you have it. 12-4.

Drew_Smoke
03-10-2009, 06:00 PM
I think 10+ is a real possibility for the first time ever.

brakos82
03-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Let's do this illogically and ignore any potential injuries, draft-day/training camp disappointments and add in a healthy dose of off-season homerism

Here
Tenn - loss (they win at our place, we win at there's)
Indy - win (both teams "hold serve" at home)
Jags - win (we sweep 'em this season)
Pats - win (Schaub leads last minute drive and Kris wins it with a 50-yarder)
49ers - win (they continue to have QB issues)
Sea. - win (new coach, suspect running game, no one to be feared on defense)
NYJ - win (new coach, and who's their QB?)
Oak - win (they finally come here and we owe them from last year's butt-kicking)

Away
Tenn - Win (see above)
Indy - Loss (see above)
Jags - win (sweep)
Miami - loss (they finally get us back for those squeakers we stole)
Buff - win (its midseason and T.O.'s ripped apart the locker room by now) :D
STL - win (who do they have again?)
Cards - loss (they're tough to beat at home and we suck on the road)
Cincy - Win (its Cincy)

There you have it. 12-4.
I'd switch the Pats and the Phins... and keep the rest the same. :goodpost:

ObsiWan
03-10-2009, 06:05 PM
omg plz srsly?

I can't find this anywhere on my copy of Rosetta Stone
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/rosetta-stone-2.jpg (http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/enlarge-image.htm?terms=Museum&gallery=1&page=0)

... you'll have to translate.

TexanSam
03-10-2009, 06:09 PM
11-4-1

ObsiWan
03-10-2009, 06:32 PM
I'd switch the Pats and the Phins... and keep the rest the same. :goodpost:

I'm not as in awe of the Pats as I used to be. And if we're really lucky, we catch them early in the schedule before Brady is back on top of his game.

who knows, maybe our luck against Miami will strike again and we'll beat 'em both.

Goatcheese
03-10-2009, 06:33 PM
11-4-1

I didn't even know you could tie a regular season game!?! What would happen in the Superbowl?!? - Regards D.McNabb

The Pencil Neck
03-10-2009, 06:41 PM
I can't find this anywhere on my copy of Rosetta Stone
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/rosetta-stone-2.jpg (http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/enlarge-image.htm?terms=Museum&gallery=1&page=0)

... you'll have to translate.

Oh, my god. Please. Seriously.

brakos82
03-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Well it could be carried by an African swallow...

ObsiWan
03-10-2009, 07:23 PM

you know, I could have easily turned this into a "who's on first" type of thread...

by responding, "Yes. Seriously. What does that mean??"
:D

Blake
03-10-2009, 07:29 PM
9-7

texasguy346
03-10-2009, 08:59 PM
We

will

win

some

games

Signed,

A Lions Fan @ this time last year

mattieuk
03-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Well..nothing much else to be doing with football, other than watching other teams making huge plays at free agents, so...

We're going to have a winning season, that much I'm sure of. We've had enough bad luck last year to cover next season, so hopefully we get a relatively injury free year, no deadly weather conditions and a few presents from other teams against our division rivals.

Thorn
03-10-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm thinking we'll see our first winning season, but that's about as far out on a limb as I'm going until after the draft.

RTP2110
03-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Well seeing as we how were following the Denver blueprint, we will obviously go 8-8.
Denver has been 8-8 for the last three seasons. We have only went 8-8 the last two.

Hopefully Denver's new coaches win a SB soon, so we can follow that too.

AnthonyE
03-10-2009, 09:42 PM

Well, yeah. An African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow.

OzzO
03-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Oh, yeah, an African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow.

As for the OP, SaiB - kudos that you're trying to start some communication in the offseason, but waaaaay to early for the prediction threads. Right about now, still in "who we gonna draft, gonna trade picks?" time frame.

It's just slow on the boards this time of year, just let it happen.

edit - bah, Anthony beat me by a good 12 minutes. Ah well, will you ask your master if he wants to join my court at Camelot?!

kiwitexansfan
03-10-2009, 09:57 PM
I'd like to see if we could be the first team to have a 0-0-16 season, after all being 8-8 and not being winners or losers is getting old, and I like the thought of breaking new ground.

Small question, if you were to draw all your games were would you get to draft? Would you get the number 1 pick because you won no games (assuming Detroit get a win this year) or would you pick as the first team to miss the playoffs as you haven't lost a game?

Texaninlild
03-10-2009, 10:06 PM
11-5 the magic 8-ball says it will be so

TheIronDuke
03-10-2009, 10:08 PM
We will have more wins than the amount of grammatical and spelling errors slatonisabeast would make in a three sentence post. Therefore I predict we'll be undefeated and win the Pro Bowl with all Texans starters to boot.

Shaft75
03-11-2009, 12:07 AM
We will have more wins than the amount of grammatical and spelling errors slatonisabeast would make in a three sentence post.

u r so rong...

Wolf6151
03-11-2009, 12:15 AM
I'll say 10-6, but it's very dependent on how we start the season.

Norg
03-11-2009, 12:53 AM
we should no predict intill we get a sechudle thats when everyone starts that

last year i thought we where going to get 10-11 winz has well and i was wrong

this year i will prob predict the same 10-11 winz

Texanmike02
03-11-2009, 01:02 AM

Just trying to help...

Easy on him Shaft. When I was new I was starting threads all the time too. What you trying to say? Huh? Huh? lol

ObsiWan
03-11-2009, 03:10 AM
I'd like to see if we could be the first team to have a 0-0-16 season, after all being 8-8 and not being winners or losers is getting old, and I like the thought of breaking new ground.

Small question, if you were to draw all your games were would you get to draft? Would you get the number 1 pick because you won no games (assuming Detroit get a win this year) or would you pick as the first team to miss the playoffs as you haven't lost a game?

since you'd have no wins your winning pct. would be 0.000 so I think you'd draft first.
...but that's just a guess
....and it presumes no one else goes Oh-fer again.

Shaft75
03-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Easy on him Shaft. When I was new I was starting threads all the time too. What you trying to say? Huh? Huh? lol

You know, you may be right. I just have a hard time believing that it isn't just a tack fan. You know that they want someone else to have illiterate fans.

Texecutioner
03-11-2009, 03:02 PM

Just trying to help...

If you want to help, how about not acting like an ass yourself? All the guy did was start a thread to discuss people's predictions and you just insulted him for it. If you don't like his thread idea, then why the hell are you in it in the first place? If you can't be civil, then why don't you consider being absent.

Shaft75
03-11-2009, 03:12 PM
If you want to help, how about not acting like an ass yourself? All the guy did was start a thread to discuss people's predictions and you just insulted him for it. If you don't like his thread idea, then why the hell are you in it in the first place? If you can't be civil, then why don't you consider being absent.

Excuse me? You look more like an ass for taking up for such nonsense. The posts that I am responding to are rhetorical waste. I really think you should refrain from starting threads if you can't type a complete, comprehensible sentence. It's obvious you need to lighten up, get used to it, or just ignore what I have to say, especially if it bothers you that much.

All in all, you are being an i d i o t for excusing such garbage. Just because you can tolerate it, doesn't mean others can.

ubecool454
03-11-2009, 03:13 PM
I think 10-6 or better.:fans: How does a thread like this cause a fight? lol

Thorn
03-11-2009, 03:24 PM
I really think you should refrain from starting threads if you can't type a complete, comprehensible sentence.

Well, there goes three quarters of all threads on the internet. LOL

Come on man, quit being such a grammer Nazi. If the guy who is posting that stuff really is doing it just to irritate us, you've just given him a reason to keep going. Besides, it's the internet. What do you expect? And donít say civility and grammar, because you will live your life in disappointment if you do.

Texecutioner
03-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Excuse me? You look more like an ass for taking up for such nonsense. The posts that I am responding to are rhetorical waste. I really think you should refrain from starting threads if you can't type a complete, comprehensible sentence. It's obvious you need to lighten up, get used to it, or just ignore what I have to say, especially if it bothers you that much.

All in all, you are being an i d i o t for excusing such garbage. Just because you can tolerate it, doesn't mean others can.

Grow up and stop trying to act like the "Internet Tough Guy".

I had no problem reading what the guy wrote or his idea of the thread. If you don't like the idea of the thread or the way the guy posts then put him on IGNORE or don't enter the thread. There are tons of threads I don't enter in here if I don't find the topic to my liking, but I don't go in there and start insulting people because of it.

This is the internet like Thorn said, and some people type fast, slow, or however they want really. I could care less if people use proper grammar and spelling in here as long as I can read it and interpret it. A post isn't a business proposal, it's just someone's opinion on a topic for god sakes.

Running around here insulting people won't get you any respect. You have a lot to learn.

HOU-TEX
03-11-2009, 03:51 PM

I had no problem reading what the guy wrote or his idea of the thread. If you don't like the idea of the thread or the way the guy posts then put him on IGNORE or don't enter the thread. There are tons of threads I don't enter in here if I don't find the topic to my liking, but I don't go in there and start insulting people because of it.

This is the internet like Thorn said, and some people type fast, slow, or however they want really. I could care less if people use proper grammar and spelling in here as long as I can read it and interpret it. A post isn't a business proposal, it's just someone's opinion on a topic for god sakes.

Running around here insulting people won't get you any respect. You have a lot to learn.

Neither will spelling like a 14 year old without an education.....Err wait....:thinking:

The poster previously admitted to poor spelling and stated he would not post again without using a spell-check first. I don't think his spell-check worked too well. Maybe he doesn't know how to use it?

Meh, whatev. :shades:

rarazz00
03-11-2009, 03:52 PM
10-6....."playoffs"?..."PLAYOFFS"?(Jim Mora Voice):spit:

spurstexanstros
03-11-2009, 03:57 PM
And for the 1000th time 10-6 until proven otherwise...

Isnt it to early for this type of thread..no wait its the boards...in the offseason..must see blogging.

Shaft75
03-11-2009, 04:57 PM

Who are you to tell someone else to grow up?

Lighten up, and take the rigidity out of your attitude. You're the one acting like the internet tough guy, or better yet - internet savior of the feeble-minded posters.

It's funny how you think I need your respect.

Texecutioner
03-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Who are you to tell someone else to grow up?

Simple, because you came in the thread and insulted the poster for no real reason other then the fact that you didn't like his grammar skills. Lighten up.

Lighten up, and take the rigidity our of your attitude. You're the one acting like the internet tough guy, or better yet - internet savior of the feeble-minded posters.

It gets tiring seeing people attack other posters for no real reason. Address the topic of the thread or move on.

It's funny how you think I need your respect.

You don't need it one bit, but if you're going to trance around calling people names like i d i o t s, just because you don't like their posting style or thread topic then expect the same in return. Get what you give. :howdy:

Shaft75
03-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Well, there goes three quarters of all threads on the internet. LOL

Come on man, quit being such a grammer Nazi. If the guy who is posting that stuff really is doing it just to irritate us, you've just given him a reason to keep going. Besides, it's the internet. What do you expect? And donít say civility and grammar, because you will live your life in disappointment if you do.

I enjoy it when new posters come along and put their two cents in. I even enjoy the Texans gaining more fans.

A grammar Nazi is someone that says "hey, you forgot a comma," or "Thorn, you spell grammar with an '-ar' not an '-er'" or "now that's a run-on sentence." I always make a joke out of it too. What's wrong with a joke? I know I may joke around too much(see texanstalk's mockdraft 2.0), but that's me. Sometimes it may be a little condescending, but it's me. I definitely don't want to patrol around like Texecutioner on his high horse and all.

Shaft75
03-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Simple, because you came in the thread and insulted the poster for no real reason other then the fact that you didn't like his grammar skills. Lighten up.

It gets tiring seeing people attack other posters for no real reason. Address the topic of the thread or move on.

You don't need it one bit, but if you're going to trance around calling people names like i d i o t s, just because you don't like their posting style or thread topic then expect the same in return. Get what you give. :howdy:

You called me an a s s, so yeah it makes you pretty i d i o t i c to call names and defend someone at the same time.

Look, man, your robotic way of life doesn't fit mine, so quit trying to force it on me. "Address the topic and move along" If I want to joke around, I have that right. If someone doesn't like it then hit IGNORE. I suggest that for you. I will stay true to who I am. You are becoming pretty annoying.

Texecutioner
03-11-2009, 05:26 PM
You called me an a s s, so yeah it makes you pretty i d i o t i c to call names and defend someone at the same time.

Look, man, your robotic way of life doesn't fit mine, so quit trying to force it on me. "Address the topic and move along" If I want to joke around, I have that right. If someone doesn't like it then hit IGNORE. I suggest that for you. I will stay true to who I am. You are becoming pretty annoying.

Get what you give partner. :howdy:

Shaft75
03-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Get what you give partner. :howdy:

Does that mean you are ignoring me now???

Let the sun shine, Let the sun shine in
The sun shine in
The sun shine in
The sun shine in
The sun shine in
The sun shine in
The sun shine in
The sun shine in
The sun shine in
The sun shine in
The sun shine in
The sun shine in

imatexan
03-11-2009, 06:15 PM
The schedule has not been realeased yet therefore i can not make any prediction record wise but I will say that this will be our best season in our history.

Ryan
03-11-2009, 06:38 PM
I hope we get the Pats early to where I don't believe Brady will be full strength.

ObsiWan
03-11-2009, 07:50 PM
The schedule has not been realeased yet therefore i can not make any prediction record wise but I will say that this will be our best season in our history.

Here are our opponents.

Here
Tenn
Indy
Jags
Pats
49ers
Sea.
NYJ
Oak

Away
Tenn
Indy
Jags
Miami
Buff
STL
Cards
Cincy

The actual playdate shouldn't make much diff - especially since any & all predictions on our possible record made prior the draft, F/A signings, UDFA signings, strength & conditioning sessions, OTAs, and training camp are even more worthless than those made after those aforementioned team milestones.

Norg
03-12-2009, 01:23 AM
The order and playdate does matter IMO

and who knows what could happen

another hurricane someone get arrested etc etc etc with that being said i just hope we can split our divison games 50/50 and beat the teams we are supposed to beat

Here
Tenn-W
Indy-W
Jags-W
Pats-L
49ers-W
Sea-W
NYJ-W
Oak-W

Away
Tenn-L
Indy-L
Jags-L
Miami-L
Buff-W
STL-W
Cards-L
Cincy-W

so whats that

10-6 should at least give us a wildcard or divison title

threetoedpete
03-12-2009, 02:32 AM
The schedule has not been released yet therefore i can not make any prediction record wise but I will say that this will be our best season in our history.

No draft yet. They haven't finished signing free agents yet...I get it. Get out the Ouiji boards....stupid waist of band width. Whoever started this mess....three weeks until the Astros start. We'll miss you and your contributions.

mussop
03-12-2009, 03:56 AM
16 and 0 :trophy:

MissouriTexan
03-12-2009, 07:21 AM

Just trying to help...

I feel that I should let you know something. You shouldn't talk down to others. The way you act superior to the OP makes you seem like a complete *****. Especially when he does nothing to provoke you.

Just trying to help...

Txn_in_FL
03-12-2009, 08:57 AM
11-4-1

A game can end in a TIE!?!?!?

I had no idea.

Shaft75
03-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Nevermind

El Tejano
03-12-2009, 09:37 AM
As if I've been the only one. Like I told texecutioner, ignore me. And if you got a prob pm me. Shoot, I will even hash it out with you on skype or over the phone. This is getting old allready.

Am I the only one that thinks this poster isn't a bored cowgirl or tack fan? I haven't seen someone butcher the English language this bad since johnsonfan.

Remember Badspillar or something like that?

Shaft75
03-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Remember Badspillar or something like that?

No, johnsonfan is the only on that I recall. He was really combative though. Which made him a lot easier to jack with.