PDA

View Full Version : What was your favorite game this season?

Maddict5
03-07-2009, 11:49 AM
simple question.. just curious

Norg
03-07-2009, 11:57 AM
DUN DUN DUN DUN MNF !!!!!!

it was christmas time they gave out free Battle red day shirts our first MNF in houston in a long time it was a night game and joy was in the air

texanmojo
03-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Green Bay...because I was there...on the 50 yard line.

b0ng
03-07-2009, 12:02 PM
MNF because I attended that one.

Brando
03-07-2009, 12:15 PM
I picked the Titans because of the rivalry but the Green Bay game and the MNF Jax game was a close tie for 2nd.

The Pencil Neck
03-07-2009, 12:17 PM
This was hard. I really enjoyed the Bears game, too. Beating a team that was expecting to beat us and go to the playoffs was great.

The Titans game was excellent.

But, for me personally, it was the Jag game. It was the first time I'd been to a Houston Professional Football game when my team has won. It was a great experience.

gary
03-07-2009, 12:26 PM
I voted the Titans game because I just love it when we beat our old team and being one of their few losses this season was such a great feeling for me.

mattieuk
03-07-2009, 12:32 PM
I went for the MNF win. It was on T.V. in Engand, it was a great performance, and even Richard Smith couldn't give it away. The Titans game was a close second though.

Shaft75
03-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Easily MNF. The beer was flowing. We were on tv beating on the wall. The Texans were dominating the Jags. We got up on the jumbotron several times. Hell, I even got a new avatar thanks to bullpenphotos.

I will never forget the Texans first Monday night game!:fans:

The Titans game was a close second because it gave us more backbone in the rivalry talk forum and adds to the fail that is the Titans 2008 season.

ChrisG
03-07-2009, 12:43 PM
1) green bay without a doubt
2) MNF / Tenn win (tie)

rollinstone18
03-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Miami, the greatest 4th quarter comeback in Texans history.

DiehardChris
03-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Easy one for me - Green Bay. It came at a time when I was convinced the Texans were simply incapable of winning on the road, unless the other team just giftwrapped it like in the Cleveland game.

Not only was it a win, but it had a great performance from Schaub, a couple of fantastic plays, a LONG drive near the end - and it ended with a clutch field goal. All on the road in a historically difficult building to win in - even if the Packers weren't great.

Very satisfying. Also - I watched it on a Tuesday on my DVR. I was out of town that weekend - and managed to avoid computers and sports shows - so I had NO IDEA the Texans had won the game... the people in my apartment complex must have been frightened at the sound of me screaming with joy at like 3 AM in the morning when the game ended for me. Heh.

TEXANS84
03-07-2009, 01:24 PM
From the list above? Green Bay

From the season? Definitley Chicago. It was cold inside the stadium. It was loud, there were tons of Bear fans with playoff implications on the line. It had a playoff atmosphere, and it actually for once felt (temperature wise) like a real football game.

texanmojo
03-07-2009, 01:37 PM
I voted the Titans game because I just love it when we beat our old team and being one of their few losses this season was such a great feeling for me.

The Titans were never my old team. The Oilers were. Now...the Texans are my team.

Thorn
03-07-2009, 01:48 PM
The Titans were never my old team. The Oilers were. Now...the Texans are my team.

Yeah, that's how I feel also. The Titans, for the most part, are just another division foe. For me I had to choose between Green Bay and the Jags MNF game. I went with the Jags because it was a good win, and we were on display for everyone to see that night which makes it sweeter.

False Start
03-07-2009, 01:50 PM
MNF. It was my first game, and we kicked the crap out of the Jags on national television. :wild:

DiehardChris
03-07-2009, 02:04 PM
MNF. It was my first game, and we kicked the crap out of the Jags on national television. :wild:

I went to my first game too - the Detroit game. Good times. We sat where the Texans come out, so I got to see Dunta jumping up and down with excitement as that was his first game back.

jerek
03-07-2009, 02:08 PM
MNF (what a feeling, esp. after our last primetime debacle) and beating the Tacks. A close second was when the Titans got bounced out of the playoffs.

Others mentioned the Green Bay game but I'll simply second what DiehardChris said--great win for all of those reasons.

Maddict5
03-07-2009, 02:20 PM
From the list above? Green Bay

From the season? Definitley Chicago. It was cold inside the stadium. It was loud, there were tons of Bear fans with playoff implications on the line. It had a playoff atmosphere, and it actually for once felt (temperature wise) like a real football game.

i was thinking about it and finally decided beating kyle orton wasnt worthy of making the poll:whip:

the reason i asked was that i was really bored and was looking at our highlights on nfl.com and we played alot of great exciting games this yr and i thought it was pretty difficult to choose the best

in the end i picked GB too.. on a short week in crappy weather after mnf, it was the perfect storm for a team to mail it in butwe really showed alot of mettle to take it at the end by forcing GB out of a GWFG with a sack and then to march down the field for our own FG

but miami and the titans were a very close tied 2nd (also i recommend watching aj's highlights from that game plus slatons last run if you want to feel in the mood for football)

The Pencil Neck
03-07-2009, 02:33 PM
MNF (what a feeling, esp. after our last primetime debacle) and beating the Tacks. A close second was when the Titans got bounced out of the playoffs.

Others mentioned the Green Bay game but I'll simply second what DiehardChris said--great win for all of those reasons.

Wasn't our last primetime game prior to the Jags game the great win against Denver on Thursday Night?

BigBull17
03-07-2009, 02:41 PM
I don't know about best game, but Dre's catch and the QB draw vs Miami may be two of our best plays in franchise history.

Speedy
03-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Had to go with finally beating the Inbreds of Uranus.

For 52 minutes though, the Colts game was easily my favorite.

Lucky
03-08-2009, 11:48 AM
For 52 minutes though, the Colts game was easily my favorite.
Yeah, the best and worst game, all wrapped up. I'd like to say it's the worst I've ever felt leaving an arena. But as a Houston sports fan, I doubt it would even crack my top 10 list.

The victory against the Titans felt good. Real good. Frankly, I wasn't that impressed with many of the victories in the mini win streak. But, the Texans went toe-to-toe with Tennessee and didn't blink. Andre Johnson dominated their secondary. The defense had, IMO, their best game of the season. Fred Bennett came out of his funk. DelJuan Robinson emerged as a contributor. And it was great to see Jeff Fisher make a few mistakes, for a change. That was a nice feeling walking down the ramps.

SheTexan
03-08-2009, 02:41 PM
I voted the Titan game simply because that was such a "feel good" win, BUT, the Bears game was a close second. Beating a playoff bound team, nice cool weather, excited fans, that game just had all the elements of what football is all about to me. MNF was good, but, not my fav. Games during the week screw up tailgating, and many fans leave early due to work the next day, not that some of them don't do that anyway. BUT, with traffic, etc, I just don't care that much for games during the week. National exposure is nice, but, we start winning consistently,we'll get that anyway.

whiskeyrbl
03-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Green Bay because not only did we win on the road, it was in adverse conditions (3 -7 ) degrees and we turned the ball over 5 times. And it was Schaubs first game back after injury and he lit it up. I think this game went along ways towards the team believing that they can win anywhere,anytime.

GuerillaBlack
03-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Definitely the Titans game.

GP
03-08-2009, 06:53 PM
How can it NOT be the Packers game?

Freaking Lambeau Field, near-zero temperatures, Matt Schaub coming back from a rough start of the season AND refusing to give up even when we gave the Packers breathing room, our defense hanging in there all game long, and then icing the game at the end.

Forget the divisional rivalry stuff. It's in its own category, IMO.

The Packers game was the best. The Bears game is after that one, when Slaton just made their defense q-u-i-t at the end of the game. He destroyed the Bears' natural love of the game, as KT puts it.

Come on, guys and gals...Packers and Bears in the same year? Unreal.

edit: It was the Jags game where Slaton broke the defense's will to continue. My bad.

Hardcore Texan
03-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Well, I was the Cincy game and the Bears game, and they were both great. I loved the cold inside the stadium of the Bears game, it was great football weather.

But I guess I got to say the GB game was my favorite, or Miami maybe, the way Schaub sealed the deal and led the team back to get the W's got me excited for the future.

Showtime100
03-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Titans for me, but the MNF game was fantastic.

disaacks3
03-08-2009, 07:03 PM
How can it NOT be the Packers game?

Freaking Lambeau Field, near-zero temperatures, Matt Schaub coming back from a rough start of the season AND refusing to give up even when we gave the Packers breathing room, our defense hanging in there all game long, and then icing the game at the end.

Forget the divisional rivalry stuff. It's in its own category, IMO.

The Packers game was the best. The Bears game is after that one, when Slaton just made their defense q-u-i-t at the end of the game. He destroyed the Bears' natural love of the game, as KT puts it.

Come on, guys and gals...Packers and Bears in the same year? Unreal. Pretty much sums it up nicely for me. :texflag:

Kaiser Toro
03-08-2009, 07:05 PM
I saw some great games this year upon reflection. Hard to decide on one as they all meant different things at that moment in time. I braved the elements in Green Bay and so did the team, as well as them finding a way to win. The Jags game we took care of business on prime time, and introduced Steve Slaton to the country. And the Titans game was just a mano a mano confrontation against our divisional rival while on their way to the best record in the NFL. The Bears game also had a great feel in the stands that has been reserved to a few games in our franchise history.

To be general, any game in cold weather that had the roof open.

Showtime100
03-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Pretty much sums it up nicely for me. :texflag:

Just wish we had more than eight games to choose from....lol. :fans:

imatexan
03-08-2009, 10:22 PM
It felt better beating the Titans but the Jags game was more fun
But I went with the tacks game.

mussop
03-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Definalty the Colts game. I remember looking at the clock and there was 4 minutes to go and we were up by like 15 points. I looked down in front of me and tell this obnoxious Colts fan (wearing a Manning jersey) and I quote "THIS GAME IS OVER BEYATCH...........TAKE YOURE ASS BACK TO INDY WERE YOU BELONG, YOU AINT WINNIN HERE NO MORE!!!!!" Now THAT was a fun game! :shots::brickwall:

The Pencil Neck
03-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Definalty the Colts game. I remember looking at the clock and there was 4 minutes to go and we were up by like 15 points. I looked down in front of me and tell this obnoxious Colts fan (wearing a Manning jersey) and I quote "THIS GAME IS OVER BEYATCH...........TAKE YOURE ASS BACK TO INDY WERE YOU BELONG, YOU AINT WINNIN HERE NO MORE!!!!!" Now THAT was a fun game! :shots::brickwall:

owch

El Tejano
03-09-2009, 09:57 AM
The MNF game because our team showed us they can answer the call in the big games. I enjoyed seeing Slaton do his thang, and it was nice to hear commentators say good things about us and realize they were wrong about Mario Williams.

Polo
03-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Titans.

I think I enjoyed them losing more than us winning.

Lots of cocky Titan fans for no reason at all.

Texan_Bill
03-09-2009, 10:12 AM
I had 8 favorite games and 8 games that sucked.

The Pencil Neck
03-09-2009, 12:24 PM
I had 8 favorite games and 8 games that sucked.

DING DING DING

We have a winner.

:locked:

dalemurphy
03-09-2009, 12:40 PM
I rewatched the Green Bay game yesterday. LOVED IT! I think that game may define this team going forward. To overcome the turnovers, the crowd, the temperatures, etc... and win was a huge step for the organization. Wins like that illustrate mental toughness and also illustrate that the team's talent level has caught up with the rest of the league. Winning is no longer about threading a needle and executing perfectly. We're now good enough to screw up and still win.

Maddict5
03-09-2009, 01:08 PM
I rewatched the Green Bay game yesterday. LOVED IT! I think that game may define this team going forward. To overcome the turnovers, the crowd, the temperatures, etc... and win was a huge step for the organization. Wins like that illustrate mental toughness and also illustrate that the team's talent level has caught up with the rest of the league. Winning is no longer about threading a needle and executing perfectly. We're now good enough to screw up and still win.

i love how they reacted to it aswell.. everyone just jumping around like little kids and walter mocking kubiak for not looking at the fg.. you could tell they all really enjoyed it

Double Barrel
03-09-2009, 01:30 PM
I had a blast and enjoyed all of them, but I'd have to go with the Titans game over the MNF game.

I got to bring both of my sons to the Titans game, so it was special beyond the satisfaction of beatin the ICOU in our crib.

pbat488
03-09-2009, 01:43 PM
The only game I was able to go to this season was the finale verse the Bears; and it was my favorite this year. Not only was it a great atmosphere with so many of those damn Bears fans in town, but it was a nice change to have the temperature in the stadium below a climate controlled 70 degrees. Also, to come back from having lost to Oakland (come on, Oakland!?) the week before and then play a great game against the still-in-playoff contention Bears to finish the season? Great leadership and coaching to not let the team feel bad for itself after that loss and get back on it's horse. Not to mention it was the first time Shanahan Jr. had called an entire game, just gets me more excited for next year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Club level tickets and 1 parking pass = $400
Beers for 3 throughout the game = $~100
Ending Chicago's hopes of the playoffs = Priceless... (freakin' Cubs, Ike, and David Stern...)

But at the end of the day, just beating any team from Chicago puts a smile on my face.