PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Member Mock (Second) Rounds 1-3

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

JCTexan
03-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Sorry I wasn't around a couple hours ago.

Unger for the Bills in round 2 is good. I like it. My Crabtree pick is kind of questionable now, but of course TO will only be around for 1 maybe 2 years in Buffalo.

No, it's not questionable... Crabtree is a good pick at #11 regardless.

Wolf6151
03-11-2009, 04:33 PM
I think Delmas was a bad pick for the Texans. Delmas is a very good player and good value in the 2nd but he's a FS and we just resigned Eugene Wilson to a 3 yr. contract at FS. We need a SS, Patrick Chung would have been a better pick, and no he's not Oriental, he's black and considered the best SS in the draft.

JCTexan
03-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Screw it, switch it back then. I was only playing a joke and now everyone is getting all pissy about it.

We were already setting up a press conference welcoming Harvin to Houston... :fans:

Shaft75
03-11-2009, 04:38 PM
We were already setting up a press conference welcoming Harvin to Houston... :fans:

RJ would really be pissed with me now!

Sorry about the joke to some of you. I didn't set it up to well, so it was kind of like I punk'd everyone. I truly was joking though. Never meant to piss anyone off.:fans:

Shaft75
03-11-2009, 04:42 PM
I think Delmas was a bad pick for the Texans. Delmas is a very good player and good value in the 2nd but he's a FS and we just resigned Eugene Wilson to a 3 yr. contract at FS. We need a SS, Patrick Chung would have been a better pick, and no he's not Oriental, he's black and considered the best SS in the draft.

The Texans dont have a true SS or FS though. Delmas was certainly the bdpa at the spot. Chung, though, was on my radar but my mind was still deadset on Harvin--- I mean Delmas. I just don't have much confidence in Barber and think there is no way he goes into this season as the starter. We also need to get younger and get more depth at S.

Blake
03-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Next 5...

47.) New England Patriots Select: rmartin65

48.) Denver Broncos Select: Kaiser Toro

49.) Chicago Bears Select: jgl35

50.) Cleveland Browns (f/TB) Select: HOU-TEX

51.) Dallas Cowboys Select: Honoring Earl 34

The Pencil Neck
03-11-2009, 05:04 PM
The Texans dont have a true SS or FS though. Delmas was certainly the bdpa at the spot. Chung, though, was on my radar but my mind was still deadset on Harvin--- I mean Delmas. I just don't have much confidence in Barber and think there is no way he goes into this season as the starter. We also need to get younger and get more depth at S.

That's just it. Chung would replace Barber; Delmas replaces Wilson.

But, I'm fine with the pick.

I'm just sayin.

Blake
03-11-2009, 05:15 PM
That's just it. Chung would replace Barber; Delmas replaces Wilson.

But, I'm fine with the pick.

I'm just sayin.

What makes you think they want to replace Barber? We just drafted him and I think they like what he can become and want to give him a shot.

Wilson on the other hand is a stop gap signing. 3 years? That means they want someone this year, and maybe next year as a backup, but the position will end up with Delmas getting the start in 2010, or if Wilson goes down with an injury in 2009.

Specnatz
03-11-2009, 05:16 PM
What makes you think they want to replace Barber? We just drafted him and I think they like what he can become and want to give him a shot.

Wilson on the other hand is a stop gap signing. 3 years? That means they want someone this year, and maybe next year as a backup, but the position will end up with Delmas getting the start in 2010, or if Wilson goes down with an injury in 2009.

He is referring to position they play and who would most likely start.

Texan4Ever
03-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Personally, I felt Wilson and Ferguson did an okay job at FS/SS. Barber, IMO, can step up and take that safety spot in a few years, however, adding another sefety wouldn't hurt either. I like Chung because of his aggression and the blows he delivers but his coverage skills are lacking.

bah007
03-11-2009, 05:23 PM
I say we just get two versatile guys that can handle the duties of both safety spots and just play left/right safeties instead of free/strong.

Let's draft William Moore in the 2nd round this year and Eric Berry/Taylor Mays in the 1st round next year and then we will be set.

Put Moore on the left side and Berry/Mays on the right side and then they just declare based on offensive formation.

Shaft75
03-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Personally, I felt Wilson and Ferguson did an okay job at FS/SS. Barber, IMO, can step up and take that safety spot in a few years, however, adding another sefety wouldn't hurt either. I like Chung because of his aggression and the blows he delivers but his coverage skills are lacking.

Exactly. Delmas was more attractive to me because he can cover. At least, from what I have seen he can.

rmartin65
03-11-2009, 05:26 PM
So I get back from class, and start reading what I missed. Imagine my excitement when Harvin was chosen, leaving my Patriots my top rated safety! Then my hopes were dashed seconds later as I read further. Bah...

With the 47th pick in the 2009 TexansTalk draft, the New England Patriots select CB Jairus Byrd, from Oregon.

My initial look was safety, but there were no FS's left that I thought would be worth the pick. S is covered with Meriweather. CB seemed like the next best secondary help, and I think I got the last of the top tier guys.

bah007
03-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Exactly. Delmas was more attractive to me because he can cover. At least, from what I have seen he can.

Are we going to be running a lot of man coverage with our safeties next year? I ask because i haven't read much about any defensive changes we will be making under the new coordinator.

Chung's man ability is suspect but he can zone just as well as any other safety in this class.

I agree that Delmas is superior in man coverage though. I don't even think that's debatable.

HOU-TEX
03-11-2009, 05:45 PM
So I get back from class, and start reading what I missed. Imagine my excitement when Harvin was chosen, leaving my Patriots my top rated safety! Then my hopes were dashed seconds later as I read further. Bah...

With the 47th pick in the 2009 TexansTalk draft, the New England Patriots select CB Jairus Byrd, from Oregon.

My initial look was safety, but there were no FS's left that I thought would be worth the pick. S is covered with Meriweather. CB seemed like the next best secondary help, and I think I got the last of the top tier guys.

Dadgum, you must like this guy a lot. Obviously you've done some research on him. Fill us in, I don't know much about him.

TimeKiller
03-11-2009, 05:47 PM
I say we just get two versatile guys that can handle the duties of both safety spots and just play left/right safeties instead of free/strong.

Let's draft William Moore in the 2nd round this year and Eric Berry/Taylor Mays in the 1st round next year and then we will be set.

Put Moore on the left side and Berry/Mays on the right side and then they just declare based on offensive formation.

"Noice!"

Right on man, I think we have been doing the 2 versatile safeties thing but we've always had guys lean more towards being SS rather than FS. Since we have Wilson and a shot at Delmas apparently I say we try it from the more FS than SS side and see what that gets us, if anything different. Maybe some more picks? I dunno but I also like your idea here so whatever. Moore another SS type more than FS right? He certainly fits our bill.

Honoring Earl 34
03-11-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm picking for Dallas and I'm looking for the police reports on players ... any hints . :smiliedance:

bah007
03-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Dadgum, you must like this guy a lot. Obviously you've done some research on him. Fill us in, I don't know much about him.

I can't speak for rmartin65, but for my part, this isn't a reach.

I have Byrd rated as a late 2nd/early 3rd round prospect. And he is the top rated CB on my board right now.

He can play zone, but his man ability is a little suspect.

As far as ability goes, I think he is right on par with Victor Harris (Virginia Tech), but he is less physical and has better hands. He will get some picks.

rmartin65
03-11-2009, 05:59 PM

I have Byrd rated as a late 2nd/early 3rd round prospect. And he is the top rated CB on my board right now.

As far as ability goes, I think he is right on par with Victor Harris (Virginia Tech), but he is less physical and has better hands. He will get some picks.

Thanks, this is pretty much how I feel. I like the idea of Byrd back there with the pass rush the Patriots should get. 17 picks in 3 years.

HOU-TEX
03-11-2009, 06:00 PM

That's cool. I definitely wasn't ragging on the pick. I hadn't heard much of anything about him to rag on.

Props to y'all on doing the research.

Shaft75
03-11-2009, 06:03 PM

Isn't he also projected at possibly being able to jump to safety? I don't know much about the guy either.

BTW, The more I look at Ayers, the more I wonder if I should have passed on him. Mayock put together some tape of him the other day where he was just bullying guys at the Senior Bowl. In the end, Delmas was a need.

mussop
03-11-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm picking for Dallas and I'm looking for the police reports on players ... any hints . :smiliedance:

Alex Boone OT Ohio ST has had several alcohol related arrest over the past couple of years and I beleive Emanual Cook SS South Carolina was caught with a handgun last year. Seems like that would make both of them candidates for BIG (cell block) D! :texflag:

DiehardChris
03-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Isn't he also projected at possibly being able to jump to safety? I don't know much about the guy either.

BTW, The more I look at Ayers, the more I wonder if I should have passed on him. Mayock put together some tape of him the other day where he was just bullying guys at the Senior Bowl. In the end, Delmas was a need.

I would have picked Ayers, but I have no complaints at all on taking Delmas. He would have been a close second for me, even with the Wilson signing.

JCTexan
03-11-2009, 06:14 PM

Wanting to change your pick again? :rant:

Ole Miss Texan
03-11-2009, 06:15 PM
I would have picked Ayers, but I have no complaints at all on taking Delmas. He would have been a close second for me, even with the Wilson signing.
I agree. I would have taken Ayers as well. All in all, solid selection with Delmas. Probably good value and it's at a position of weakness.

Ooh looking back.. what about if we took Jerry and then Ayers! build up that D-line :)

JCTexan
03-11-2009, 06:19 PM
I agree. I would have taken Ayers as well. All in all, solid selection with Delmas. Probably good value and it's at a position of weakness.

Ooh looking back.. what about if we took Jerry and then Ayers! build up that D-line :)

Looking back... what about Vontae Davis & Delmas?

Kaiser Toro
03-11-2009, 07:18 PM
With the 48th pick the Denver Broncos select Missouri DT Evander "Ziggy" Hood.

Tough spot here as I was hoping Delmas, Smith, Maybin and Unger would have slipped here as well. NT and DE are needs in the new 3-4, but Hood does not fit the prototypical NT size that is coveted. However, his motor, technique and physicality are not questioned and could see time at each position depending upon down and situation. Although he may not turn out to be a perennial Pro Bowl player, he should have a valued professional career for many years.

http://media.scout.com/media/image/63/638975.jpg

mussop
03-11-2009, 07:41 PM

I dont understand the fascination with Davis.

Shaft75
03-11-2009, 07:49 PM

See... a tough crowd like this further justifies my practical joke.

JCTexan
03-11-2009, 07:49 PM
I dont understand the fascination with Davis.

No fascination... OMT mentioned Jerry & Ayers with the line. Davis & Delmas would both help out the secondary just like Jerry & Ayers would the line. Only reason I mentioned him.

JCTexan
03-11-2009, 07:51 PM
See... a tough crowd like this further justifies my practical joke.

Like me or Mussop? Who's the tough crowd?

mussop
03-11-2009, 08:07 PM

If you are going to spend that high a pick on a S he better be a true playmaker or be able to play more than jsut one position. If I were the Texans and wanted to draft a Safety in this draft I would of waited until at least the 3rd round or taken a CB that could play S. Victor Harris would of been a better choice IMO.

I would of been happy with any of the players below with our 2nd round pick. Yes including Harvin. I know you caught slack for it but getting the biggest playmaker in the draft in the middle of the second round is pretty good value IMO. There is no rule that we have to go D with every pick despite what some here think.

LeSean McCoy Pittsburgh RBF
Shonn Greene Iowa RBF
Percy Harvin Florida WRS WRF
Victor Harris Virginia Tech CB
Coye Francies San Jose St CB
Robert Ayers Tennessee DE43

Let me add that I dont hate the pick just would of gone a different way if it were up to me.
`

Kaiser Toro
03-11-2009, 08:11 PM
If you are going to spend that high a pick on a S he better be a true playmaker or be able to play more than jsut one position. If I were the Texans and wanted to draft a Safety in this draft I would of waited until at least the 3rd round or taken a CB that could play S. Victor Harris would of been a better choice IMO.

I would of been happy with any of the players below with our 2nd round pick. Yes including Harvin. I know you caught slack for it but getting the biggest playmaker in the draft in the middle of the second round is pretty good value IMO. There is no rule that we have to go D with every pick despite what some here think.

Shonn Greene Iowa RBF

Let me add that I dont hate the pick just would of gone a different way if it were up to me.
`

Just to confirm, you do not believe Delmas was of value in the mid second round?

mussop
03-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Just to confirm, you do not believe Delmas was of value in the mid second round?

Sure he has value at that point but there were several players with higher value IMO. The difference in value made him not worthy of the pick IMO. In other words his overall grade plus his over all value in terms of how he helps our team wasnt up to par with several players that were available. Therefore if we were to pick him there we would be not getting the best value for our pick. Hope that helps.

Blake
03-11-2009, 08:26 PM

Shonn Greene Iowa RBF

`

The fact that you think Victor Harris is a good value to us here in the 2nd is laughable.

mussop
03-11-2009, 08:52 PM
The fact that you think Victor Harris is a good value to us here in the 2nd is laughable.

Care to elaborate?

jgl35
03-11-2009, 09:25 PM
The Bears select Percy Harvin WR Fla.
Wanted a big receiver to go with Hester, but missed out on them. Harvin and Hester bring pure speed and big play ability to the Bears passing game. They will back off the DB's, which will help the running game.

steelbtexan
03-11-2009, 09:51 PM
I wish I could get a do over on alot of things but the draft isn't one of them.

I'm O.K. with Cushing but would have taken Barwin or Matthews

Delmas is a good pick also but we need to solve our pass rushing deficiencies so I would have taken Sidbury or Ayers

3rd rd S that would have been available Vaughun who we were looking at closely at the Shrine game or Hamlin.

The Pencil Neck
03-11-2009, 10:27 PM

Shaft75 was saying that HE doesn't like Barber. And I was just saying, if he didn't like Barber, he didn't choose the guy that would probably replace him.

The Pencil Neck
03-11-2009, 10:30 PM
The Bears select Percy Harvin WR Fla.
Wanted a big receiver to go with Hester, but missed out on them. Harvin and Hester bring pure speed and big play ability to the Bears passing game. They will back off the DB's, which will help the running game.

The Bears would be PSYCHED if it worked out this way: Sanchez and Harvin? Wow.

Ole Miss Texan
03-11-2009, 10:32 PM
The Bears would be PSYCHED if it worked out this way: Sanchez and Harvin? Wow.

Yea that would be awesome for them. Happy fans in Chicago!

Blake
03-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Care to elaborate?

#1. I think he is too slow to be a corner. He takes too many chances on jumping routes and will get burned in the NFL.

#2. He doesnt have a true position. What is he? Some say due to his lack of speed he will be a safety.

#3. His lack of speed makes him suspect in man coverage. Teams will be forced to use him in a zone defense.

Right now he is probably the 8th best cornerback in this draft and should go to a team in the 3rd round.

Blake
03-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Via HOU-TEX PM the Cleveland Browns Select:

Coye Francies, CB, San Jose State

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/c_francies_090224_SPOT.jpg

Honoring Earl 34
03-11-2009, 10:59 PM
The Dallas Cowboys pick Rashad Johnson Safety Alabama .

They have Hamlin and signed Sensbaugh but are really hurting in the secondary and need some young talent .

Mari-OWNED!
03-11-2009, 11:20 PM
With the 52nd pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Philadelphia Eagles select...

Phil Loadholt - OT, Oklahoma

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/combine/headshots/71369.jpg

Analysis: Loadholt is a prototypical RT and with Jon Runyan turning 36 during next season, Loadholt can become his successor. The Eagles still need more help on their offensive line though.

The Pencil Neck
03-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Hey, guys.

Vikings are coming up and YTF isn't picking. Are we going to make it a group pick?

Honoring Earl 34
03-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Hey, guys.

Vikings are coming up and YTF isn't picking. Are we going to make it a group pick?

Why not ?

Specnatz
03-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Why not ?

He never signed up. A complete misunderstanding.

Honoring Earl 34
03-11-2009, 11:26 PM
He never signed up. A complete misunderstanding.

No ... why not pick .

DiehardChris
03-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Hey, guys.

Yeah, let's do it!

Honoring Earl 34
03-11-2009, 11:28 PM
I say Eric Wood

DiehardChris
03-11-2009, 11:31 PM
From Walter Football - Vikes draft needs:

Offseason Needs:
Quarterback: It doesn't matter how awesome your car looks; it won't run if the engine is really bad. Tarvaris Jackson has accuracy issues, poor mechanics and a horrendous grasp of reading defenses. Gus Frerotte is good for a few bone-headed decisions per game. The Vikings need a capable quarterback to become legit Super Bowl contenders. Traded for Sage Rosenfels

Center: Matt Birk's play fell off a bit last year. He's a 33-year-old free agent, so it's unlikely that he returns to the Vikings in 2009.

Right Tackle: Ryan Cook and Marcus Johnson spent another year sucking. Nothing new here. I have no idea why Minnesota didn't upgrade this position a year ago.

Cornerback: Cedric Griffin is pretty inconsistent. The Vikings could definitely use an upgrade at corner. Re-signed Charles Gordon and Benny Sapp

Texan4Ever
03-11-2009, 11:32 PM
The Vikings got a CB in the first and now need a RT, DL (DE IMO), and a C to replace Matt Birk. I'd like Sidbury, Kruger, or Ayers at DE and or Eric Wood at C or Antonie Caldwell.

Specnatz
03-11-2009, 11:33 PM
From Walter Football - Vikes draft needs:

Draft Dog:

* Safety - Darren Sharper has lost a step
* Offensive Tackle – RT tackle’s not adjusting, the other has off field issues
* Quarterback – They have Booty & Jackson, but will Jackson stay consistent or crash and burn again?

DiehardChris
03-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Vikes drafted a C in the fifth last year - John Sullivan... but can he be expected to start?

Wood seems like a solid choice, but they might have plans for Sullivan.

The Pencil Neck
03-11-2009, 11:36 PM
The Vikings got a CB in the first and now need a RT, DL (DE IMO), and a C to replace Matt Birk. I'd like Sidbury, Kruger, or Ayers at DE and or Eric Wood at C or Antonie Caldwell.

Did one of their DL leave? I'd say QB, CB, or C.

Josh Freeman, Victor Harris, Mike Mickens, or... maybe Eric Wood.

DiehardChris
03-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Also - DT Pat Williams is 37 years old.

Specnatz
03-11-2009, 11:37 PM

What about Chung?

DiehardChris

They got Vontae Davis in the first, so no on Harris or Mickens.

I think RT or C.

The Pencil Neck
Also - DT Pat Williams is 37 years old.

So... Jarron Gilbert, Chris Baker, or Fili Moala?

The Pencil Neck
03-11-2009, 11:38 PM
They got Vontae Davis in the first, so no on Harris or Mickens.

I think RT or C.

Ooops, my bad. Wasn't thinking about the first round.

DiehardChris
03-11-2009, 11:38 PM
So... Jarron Gilbert, Chris Baker, or Fili Moala?

Of those, for their D, I like Moala best.

Specnatz
03-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Why not WR they lost one in FA didn't they?

# Louis Murphy 6-2.5, 203 4.43 Florida
# Juaquin Iglesias 6-1, 210 4.55 Oklahoma

Mari-OWNED!
I'll agree on anybody but Josh Freeman.

The Pencil Neck
We need to hold on until gtexan makes his pick. The Vikings are after that.

DiehardChris
03-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Why not WR they lost one in FA didn't they?

# Louis Murphy 6-2.5, 203 4.43 Florida
# Juaquin Iglesias 6-1, 210 4.55 Oklahoma

Oh, you're right.

Actually - I think Spec nailed this one. Looking at their WR depth chart - it's pretty bad.

I think WR is a very smart pick for them when they're up.

Shaft75
03-12-2009, 12:00 AM
I still feel like people are thinking I went back on my pick. I didn't. It was a joke, maybe not well played, but a joke nonetheless. I stand behind the Delmas pick. I didn't see many of his games, but he was all over the field at the Texas and senior bowl. I have been wanting a hardnosed safety for awhile. His range is what made me choose him over Chung. Range is what Wilson showed me last season and Demos showed me the season before that. I think it's something our defensive backfield needs more of.

Also, I think I kind of got screwed with the setup. We are in a prime position to trade back.

Specnatz
03-12-2009, 12:04 AM
I still feel like people are thinking I went back on my pick. I didn't. It was a joke, maybe not well played, but a joke nonetheless. I stand behind the Delmas pick. I didn't see many of his games, but he was all over the field at the Texas and senior bowl. I have been wanting a hardnosed safety for awhile. His range is what made me choose him over Chung. Range is what Wilson showed me last season and Demos showed me the season before that. I think it's something our defensive backfield needs more of.

Also, I think I kind of got screwed with the setup. We are in a prime position to trade back.

It would have helped if you had sent Super Mario a pm in advace to cover your ass.

Also, if you had not defended the pick with me after I said it sucked. Oh and at least I did not say it hairy sweaty monkey balls. :kingkong:

We all are in the same boat, as far as trades.

DiehardChris
03-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Wow. Are we seriously not finished with this? Nobody's even brought it up in I don't know how many posts... and now you're saying you got screwed?

Dude - I'm not trying to be a dick or a jerk or anything, but get over yourself. Come on, everyone's moved on.

Kaiser Toro
03-12-2009, 12:07 AM

The only victim is those that saw an awfully bad prank while attempting to do a draft while studying or working.

Between Sanchez and Harvin, you may want to sign up for a draft over at HT.com as they seem to have a little more fun. Most of us here have fun opining before the pick and analyzing the result. Equally enjoyable, but pranks are not what this mock draft is about in my opinion. :texflag:

mussop
03-12-2009, 12:15 AM
#1. I think he is too slow to be a corner. He takes too many chances on jumping routes and will get burned in the NFL.

#2. He doesnt have a true position. What is he? Some say due to his lack of speed he will be a safety.

#3. His lack of speed makes him suspect in man coverage. Teams will be forced to use him in a zone defense.

Right now he is probably the 8th best cornerback in this draft and should go to a team in the 3rd round.

Really? Im quirious, have you seen mim play or did you come to these conclusions from what you have read off the internet? Now that would make youre stance, laughable. If you have seen him play then I dont know what to tell you. When I watched him he reminded me of Dante Robinson. Yeh he got burned every once in awhile but he was all over the feild making positive plays. Not that this will or should change youre mind but watch this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znk5DdnVMg4)

Tell me the guy dont play like Dante. The guy just makes things happen. Hell yeh I think he is worth a mid second round pick. If you dont thats fine just keep laughing. :chickendance:

Oh yeh, hes a pretty good punt returner to. link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCQwDW66yCY)

Shaft75
03-12-2009, 12:34 AM
Wow. Are we seriously not finished with this? Nobody's even brought it up in I don't know how many posts... and now you're saying you got screwed?

Dude - I'm not trying to be a dick or a jerk or anything, but get over yourself. Come on, everyone's moved on.

I was reading up and trying to catch up on the mock and saw that someone made it a point to say something about it as if I waffled or something. I am a little hand cuffed because I'm on the iPhone. Anyways yeah saying get over yourself is pretty much being a dick. But oh well, I can take that. Especially since I brought it all on myself. Your reaction was priceless though.

And yeah you're right Kaiser, I enjoy scouting and then making the selection so I see what you mean. The thread gets so monotonous sometimes so I just wanted to stir things up.

DiehardChris
03-12-2009, 12:38 AM
I was reading up and trying to catch up on the mock and saw that someone made it a point to say something about it as if I waffled or something. I am a little hand cuffed because I'm on the iPhone. Anyways yeah saying get over yourself is pretty much being a dick. But oh well, I can take that. Especially since I brought it all on myself. Your reaction was priceless though.

And yeah you're right Kaiser, I enjoy scouting and then making the selection so I see what you mean. The thread gets so monotonous sometimes so I just wanted to stir things up.

My reaction was priceless how? Because I "fell for your prank?"

Mari-OWNED!
03-12-2009, 12:41 AM
:thumbdown Too much homo drama in this thread. Call me back in when we start making more picks.

gtexan02
03-12-2009, 12:44 AM
This pick may come as a surprise, but its too good of a value here to pass up.

With the next pick in the draft, the New York Jets select LeSean McCoy, RB, Pitt

Even though Thomas Jones had a breakout year last season, he's turning 31, and we all know what that means. Reducing wear and tear on your #1 is never a bad idea.

Probably should go defense here, but I just don't like the options.

I think the Jets are sold on Clemmons and Ratliff, so no Freeman either

Goldensilence
03-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Eric Wood would be a good choice with Birk leaving. Wr corps is young but has lots of potential. I think lack of a decent QB has really hindered their development.

They do look prett bad at CB. That would be my pick.

Shaft75
03-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Oh, lord.

Sorry, but that pick absolutely SUCKS! We have much, much bigger needs. ANY of your other options would have been LIGHT YEARS better.

Kevin Walter is a GREAT #2 receiver, a great blocker, route-runner, and has great hands. He's absolutely VITAL to our ZBS run attack as well.

You just drafted a guy who is going to be our #3 receiver AT BEST.

Sorry man. I vehemently disagree with you here. Ugh.

Read this out loud. To me, this is hilarious.

There is a point in time where you have to realize that this is a mock draft and not tale this so seriously. It was reminiscient of a dolpin fan when cam cameron made the ginn pick.

DiehardChris
03-12-2009, 12:56 AM

With the next pick in the draft, the New York Jets select LeSean McCoy, RB, Pitt

Even though Thomas Jones had a breakout year last season, he's turning 31, and we all know what that means. Reducing wear and tear on your #1 is never a bad idea.

They did say that Leon Washington was gonna get a lot more reps as a RB, but like you said - Jones is getting up there in RB years for sure.

Shaft75
03-12-2009, 12:57 AM

I was wondering about it because of Leon Washington. You got him at a great spot though. Nice pick.

DiehardChris
03-12-2009, 12:58 AM
On to the Vikings pick...

I keep seeing Eric Wood brought up... I like Spec's idea for a WR, but Wood would be hard to pass up here, though I have no clue what their plans are with their 5th round pick from last year - center J. Sullivan.

Wolf6151
03-12-2009, 12:58 AM

If you "don't have much confidence in Barber" then why wouldn't you draft someone like Chung, who's considered the best SS in the draft, and ensure that Barber doesn't play. Don't get me wrong I like Delmas as a player but we don't have a big need at FS, Eugene Wilson played pretty well last year, thus the 3yr. contract. We need a starter at SS and a backup at FS. Delmas is good in coverage but the only thing he'll be covering is the bench with his butt since Wilson is a good starter. Now our starters are going to be Wilson and Barber, unless you draft someone like Chip Vaughn, or Michael Hamlin in the 3rd round to replace Barber. Again I like Delmas but it's a wasted pick to draft a backup in the 2nd round.

JCTexan
03-12-2009, 01:01 AM

I agree with Spec, you should of pm'd your prank to Super Mario. Who's to know rather you meant to prank or just chickened on the Harvin pick? That would have all been taken care of with a simple PM.

TexansSeminole
03-12-2009, 01:01 AM
If you "don't have much confidence in Barber" then why wouldn't you draft someone like Chung, who's considered the best SS in the draft, and ensure that Barber doesn't play. Don't get me wrong I like Delmas as a player but we don't have a big need at FS, Eugene Wilson played pretty well last year, thus the 3yr. contract. We need a starter at SS and a backup at FS. Delmas is good in coverage but the only thing he'll be covering is the bench with his butt since Wilson is a good starter. Now our starters are going to be Wilson and Barber, unless you draft someone like Chip Vaughn, or Michael Hamlin in the 3rd round to replace Barber. Again I like Delmas but it's a wasted pick to draft a backup in the 2nd round.

I agree about Chung being a better value for our team in the 2nd round than Delmas and about Hamlin but Delmas would not be a wasted 2nd round pick. With time he could become a starter at FS for 5+ years.

Wolf6151
03-12-2009, 01:08 AM
I agree about Chung being a better value for our team in the 2nd round than Delmas and about Hamlin but Delmas would not be a wasted 2nd round pick. With time he could become a starter at FS for 5+ years.

I agree Delmas is a good player and should become a great FS but to pick him in the 2nd round to play a position that is not a position of need makes him a wasted pick. Guys drafted in the 2nd round should be starters, not backups to sit on the bench for a few years until they get the chance to start. Hopefully he'll take Hamlin or Vaughn in the 3rd round, but that now throws off the draft order of your selections. If he had taken Chung in the 2nd then we could be addressing the O-line in the 3rd, now that has to wait til the 4th.

Goldensilence
03-12-2009, 01:09 AM
Why not just have two good safeties? I've got no problem with Wilson starting but I'm just not so sure Barber could outright beat Delmas in camp competition. Suddenly we go from a bad situation at safety to a great one.

Shaft75
03-12-2009, 01:10 AM

Like I said before. The texans have shown us that they don't flip flop the safeties like most teams. I am not sold on Eugene Wilson either. He joined the team after getting cut a couple of times. Just like demps, who also got signed to a big contract last year, he could fall off the map. Then you have delmas learning from a very instinctive safety. Also he was just to good to pass up.

TexansSeminole
03-12-2009, 01:10 AM
I agree Delmas is a good player and should become a great FS but to pick him in the 2nd round to play a position that is not a position of need makes him a wasted pick. Guys drafted in the 2nd round should be starters, not backups to sit on the bench for a few years until they get the chance to start. Hopefully he'll take Hamlin or Vaughn in the 3rd round, but that now throws off the draft order of your selections. If he had taken Chung in the 2nd then we could be addressing the O-line in the 3rd, now that has to wait til the 4th.

FS is a position of need. Thinking optimistically Wilson should be our FS for 2 or 3 years. We still need a young guy to groom.

LORK 88
03-12-2009, 01:11 AM
I know I'll catch flack for this, but I actually didn't mind when Shaft75 "jokingly" picked Percy Harvin. Adding that explosion to the return game and in the slot would be deadly. Considering how much versatility he adds and that he'll go in round 1 in the actual draft would of made that a great pick for Houston in round 2. I like Delmas a great deal, but I just don't see how adding a FS is the best option for the Texans, especially with Wilson pegged as the starter.

Specnatz
03-12-2009, 01:11 AM
Any way

Eric Wood or Juaquin Iglesias

My choice.

I understand the lack of QB but still I am no way sold on there WR core and this would be a great compliment to Barrian.

Specnatz
03-12-2009, 01:12 AM
Never Mind

DiehardChris
03-12-2009, 01:12 AM
Any way

My choice.

I understand the lack of QB but still I am no way sold on there WR core and this would be a great compliment to Barrian.

Yeah, for God's sake can we please move on?

Any objections to the final two picks being Wood or Iglesias for the Vikings? Can we get some more suggestions or approvals/disapprovals?

JCTexan
03-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Any way

My choice.

Both fine with me. I won't voice my opinion as I'm the next pick.

Shaft75
03-12-2009, 01:15 AM
I agree with Spec, you should of pm'd your prank to Super Mario. Who's to know rather you meant to prank or just chickened on the Harvin pick? That would have all been taken care of with a simple PM.

I pm'd him right away though. He even joked about stirring up a hornets nest, so I decided instead of drawing it out I hurried to fess up.

Specnatz
03-12-2009, 01:17 AM
Any Way

JCTexan
03-12-2009, 01:20 AM
I pm'd him right away though. He even joked about stirring up a hornets nest, so I decided instead of drawing it out I hurried to fess up.

Oh. Then I don't really care about the prank. I like Harvin better than Delmas though. Harvin is easily going to go in the first round, and would give the Texans the best #3 WR in the game. He would easily put the Texans over the top for the super-bowl. Delmas was just "blah", Harvin would have been an elite pick for our 2nd round. :sarcasm:

Shaft75
03-12-2009, 01:21 AM
Any Way

Thanks.

JCTexan
03-12-2009, 01:39 AM
Does somebody want to pick for the Vikings?

The Pencil Neck
03-12-2009, 01:41 AM
I say Iglesias.

JCTexan
03-12-2009, 01:48 AM
I say Iglesias.

Well if someone wants to make the pick official I will go ahead and make the Falcons pick tonight.

The Pencil Neck
03-12-2009, 01:50 AM
Well if someone wants to make the pick official I will go ahead and make the Falcons pick tonight.

I think another couple of people need to agree. :)

Specnatz
03-12-2009, 01:51 AM

I think another couple of people need to agree. :)

OK never mind hehe

Shaft75
03-12-2009, 01:52 AM
What about Ayers?

JCTexan
03-12-2009, 01:54 AM
What about Ayers?

I think their dline is fine. They have both Patt & Kevin Williams & also Allen. I would go Iglesias here personally.

Specnatz
03-12-2009, 01:59 AM

What about Ayers?

I think their dline is fine. They have both Patt & Kevin Williams & also Allen. I would go Iglesias here personally.

Not this early.

5 152 Letroy Guion Height: 6-4 Weight: 303 DT Florida State

4 102 Brian Robison Height: 6-3 Weight: 259 DE Texas

Not to mention how the D played last year and I think they are trying to win now versus build for the future. WR helps now.

DiehardChris
03-12-2009, 02:02 AM
I agree with Spec. He brought up WR first and truthfully - I hadn't even considered it. For the Vikes, I say:

1 - Iglesias WR
2 - Wood C

JCTexan
03-12-2009, 02:04 AM
I agree with Spec. He brought up WR first and truthfully - I hadn't even considered it. For the Vikes, I say:

1 - Iglesias WR
2 - Wood C

Iglesias sounds good to me.

Specnatz
03-12-2009, 02:28 AM
As the Atlanta Falcons GM jumps up to run and turn in there card as time is expiring on the Vikings (Chris Berman is yelling in the background Holy Geez they are going to be skipped again). As JCTexan runs past the Viking Terry Tate office LB decks him so the GM of the Vikings can run up to Roger Goodell and turn his card in.

With the with the 54th pick of the 2009 NFL Draft

The Minnesota Vikings select:

Juaquin Iglesias 6-1, 210 4.55 Oklahoma

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t187/Genson15/14sooners_190_1.jpg

JCTexan
03-12-2009, 02:30 AM
As the Atlanta Falcons GM jumps up to run and turn in there card as time is expiring on the Vikings (Chris Berman is yelling in the background Holy Geez they are going to be skipped again). As JCTexan runs past the Viking Terry tate office LB decks him so the GM of the Vikings can run up to Roger Goodell and turn his card in.

With the with the 54th pick of the 2009 NFL Draft

The Minnesota Vikings select:

Juaquin Iglesias 6-1, 210 4.55 Oklahoma

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t187/Genson15/14sooners_190_1.jpg

hahaha I'll make my pick in a bit.

JCTexan
03-12-2009, 02:41 AM
With the 55th pick of the 2009 NFL Draft

The Atlanta Falcons select:

Patrick Chung, S, Oregon

With Milloy leaving the Falcons need a SS, and Chung would fit in nicely with the Falcons secondary. Chung is one of the top players available and fits an area of need for the Falcons.

Specnatz
03-12-2009, 02:45 AM
Smart pick, I like it.

JCTexan
03-12-2009, 02:46 AM
Smart pick, I like it.

:shades:

Honoring Earl 34
03-12-2009, 07:48 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/02/interview-with-paul-kruger/

HM: You played DE in college… why do you think you can be an OLB in the NFL?

PK: Because of my athleticism and my speed. I did some dropping in coverage’s in college as well. I have a feel for what it is like to be in the open field and drop into space and cover people. I know what that is like. I know what my body can do and how I can transition into more of a speed, open field, pass-rushing type guy. I feel very confident in my skills.

Miami picks Paul Kruger . If he can't play OLB , we'll put 20 lbs on him and he'll be a DE .

Blake
03-12-2009, 08:14 AM
The picks have been updated here. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59395)

Here is the last of round 2:

57.) Baltimore Ravens Select: DiehardChris

58.) New England Patriots Select: rmartin65

59.) Carolina Panthers Select: The Pencil Neck

60.) New York Giants Select: Lork 88

61.) Indianapolis Colts Select: Texan_JBZ

62.) Tennessee Titans Select: TimeKiller

63.) Arizona Cardinals Select: BigBull17

64.) Pittsburgh Steelers Select: Ole Miss Texan

Blake
03-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Really? Im quirious, have you seen mim play or did you come to these conclusions from what you have read off the internet? Now that would make youre stance, laughable. If you have seen him play then I dont know what to tell you. When I watched him he reminded me of Dante Robinson. Yeh he got burned every once in awhile but he was all over the feild making positive plays. Not that this will or should change youre mind but watch this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znk5DdnVMg4)

Tell me the guy dont play like Dante. The guy just makes things happen. Hell yeh I think he is worth a mid second round pick. If you dont thats fine just keep laughing. :chickendance:

Oh yeh, hes a pretty good punt returner to. link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCQwDW66yCY)

I cant watch youtube links at work (I know, that sucks) but I will check them out when I get home. I guess we just value him differently. I think a CB taken in the 2nd round should be a starter, and I don't think Harris will be more than a nickel corner due to his limitations. And its Dunta, not Dante.

BigBull17
03-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Anyone have a best player available list?

TimeKiller
03-12-2009, 08:42 AM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/rankings/top.php

It might not be exactly what you're asking for BigBull but I know it helps me to have all the names together in one list.

BigBull17
03-12-2009, 10:47 AM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/rankings/top.php

It might not be exactly what you're asking for BigBull but I know it helps me to have all the names together in one list.

Helps alot. Thanks.

DiehardChris
03-12-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm here - Ravens pick coming shortly.

Blake
03-12-2009, 12:23 PM
So can we brainstorm of ways to do round 3+ faster?

I am thinking since everyone cant be here all day, maybe when you are 10 picks away you send a top 10 list, that way we can start filling this draft out. It bogs down too slow when everyone has a clock.

DiehardChris
03-12-2009, 12:28 PM
With the 57th pick, the Baltimore Ravens select:

Louis Murphy, WR, Florida
http://blogs.myspaceocala.com/Portals/6/blogimages/FLORIDAVANDY.jpg

Murphy has great size, great downfield speed, and can do some real damage after the catch. He's not overly physical, and according to NFL.com - he lets the ball come to his body too often - which drives me nuts in receivers.

Still, with Derrick Mason being 35 and Mark Clayton being Mark Clayton, the Ravens can use a playmaking target for Joe Flacco. Clayton could be a long-time #2, but he'll never be a top flight WR. Murphy has tremendous upside and could potentially be a very solid #1 in the NFL.

The New England Patriots (rmartin65) are on the clock.

The Pencil Neck
03-12-2009, 12:42 PM
With the 57th pick, the Baltimore Ravens select:

Louis Murphy, WR, Florida
http://blogs.myspaceocala.com/Portals/6/blogimages/FLORIDAVANDY.jpg

Murphy has great size, great downfield speed, and can do some real damage after the catch. He's not overly physical, and according to NFL.com - he lets the ball come to his body too often - which drives me nuts in receivers.

Still, with Derrick Mason being 35 and Mark Clayton being Mark Clayton, the Ravens can use a playmaking target for Joe Flacco. Clayton could be a long-time #2, but he'll never be a top flight WR. Murphy has tremendous upside and could potentially be a very solid #1 in the NFL.

The New England Patriots (rmartin65) are on the clock.

Bastard. That was my pick.

Specnatz
03-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Anyone have a best player available list?

http://www.gbnreport.com/top100.html
Last updated: March 4, 2009

40. *Sen'Derrick Marks DT 6-2, 306 Auburn
50. Robert Ayers DE 6-3, 270 Tennessee
51. *Josh Freeman QB 6-5, 230 Kansas State
52. Marcus Freeman LB 6-1, 245 Ohio State
54. Fili Moala DT 6-3, 295 USC
56. Shawn Nelson TE 6-5, 260 Southern Mississippi
57. Darry Beckwith LB 6-0, 230 LSU (X)
58. Keenan Lewis CB 6-1, 200 Oregon State
60. Eric Wood OC 6-3, 310 Louisville
61. Mike Goodson RB 6-0, 210 Texas A&M
62. *Nate Davis QB 6-2, 226 Ball State
64. Victor Harris CB 5-11, 192 Virginia Tech
66. Dorell Scott DT 6-4, 310 Clemson
67. Will Moore FS 6-0, 230 Missouri (X)
68. Pat White QB 6-0, 197 West Virginia
69. Cornelius Ingram TE 6-4, 232 Florida (X)
70. Antoine Caldwell OC 6-3, 300 Alabama
71. Jason Phillips LB 6-1, 240 Texas Christian
72. Jonathan Luigs OC 6-3, 315 Arkansas
74. Lawrence Sidbury DE 6-3, 266 Richmond
75. Rashad Jennings RB 6-1 231 Liberty
76. Travis Beckum TE 6-4, 225 Wisconsin (X)
77. Gerald Cadogan OT 6-5, 310 Penn State
78. Scott McKillop LB 6-1, 240 Pittsburgh

80. Corey Irvin DT 6-3, 290 Georgia
81. Tyrone McKenzie LB 6-2, 235 South Florida
82. Andy Levitre OG 6-2, 325 Oregon State
83. *Ricky Jean-Francois DT 6-2, 285 LSU
84. Sherrod Martin DB 6-1, 198 Troy
86. *Gerald McRath LB 6-2, 220 Southern Mississippi
87. Javon Ringer RB 5-9, 200 Michigan State (X)
88. Jasper Brinkley LB 6-2, 252 South Carolina
89. *Jerraud Powers CB 5-9, 190 Auburn

91. Chip Vaughn SS 6-2, 220 Wake Forest
92. Dannell Ellerbe LB 6-0, 232 Georgia

94. Jonathan Casillas LB 6-0, 220 Wisconsin
95. Xavier Fulton OT 6-4, 305 Illinois
96. Jarron Gilbert DE 6-5, 290 San Jose State
97. C.J. Spillman FS 6-0, 195 Marshall
98. Cornelius Lewis OT 6-4, 320 Tennessee State (OG)
99. Rhett Bomar QB 6-2,225 Sam Houston State
100. Terrence Taylor DT 6-1, 310 Michigan
101. Nic Harris LB 6-2, 234 Oklahoma (SS)
102. Trevor Canfield OG 6-5,305 UConn
103. Demetrius Byrd WR 6-1, 195 LSU
104. Kory Sheets RB 5-11, 210 Purdue
105. Brandon Gibson WR 6-3, 205 Washington State
106. Matt Shaughnessy DE 6-5, 266 Wisconsin
107. Anthony Parker OG 6-2, 305 Tennessee
108. Derrick Williams WR 6-0, 195 Penn State
109. *Asher Allen CB 5-10, 195 Georgia
110. Josh Mauga LB 6-2, 243 Nevada
111. Fenuki Tupou OT 6-5, 330 Oregon
112. Darcel McBath DB 6-0, 200 Texas Tech
113. *Chris Baker DT 6-2, 305 Hampton (O)
114. *Cameron Morrah TE 6-4, 245 California
115. Mike Wallace WR 6-0, 200 Mississippi
116. Aaron Kelly WR 6-4, 190 Clemson
117. Kraig Urbik OG 6-6, 335 Wisconsin
118. Stephen McGee QB 6-3, 225 Texas A&M
119. Anthony Felder LB 6-2, 233 California
120. Mike Mickens CB 6-0, 185 Cincinnati (X)
121. Michael Hamlin SS 6-2, 215 Clemson
122. Brandon Williams DE 6-3, 260 Texas Tech
123. Javarris Williams RB 5-10, 220 Tennessee State
124. Cody Brown LB 6-2, 245 UConn (DE)
125. Mike Thomas WR 5-8, 195 Arizona
126. Vance Walker DT 6-2, 295 Georgia Tech
127. Courtney Greene FS 6-0, 212 Rutgers
128. Jason Watkins OT 6-5, 310 Florida
129. Andre Brown RB 6-0, 225 North Carolina State
130. Will Davis DE 6-2, 261 Illinois
131. Morgan Trent CB 6-1, 195 Michigan
132. Herman Johnson OG 6-7, 370 LSU (OT)
133. David Bruton DB 6-2, 220 Notre Dame
134. Zack Follett LB 6-2, 236 California
135. Mo Massaquoi WR 6-1, 205 Georgia
136. Troy Kropog OT 6-6, 310 Tulane
137. Ian Johnson RB 5-10, 205 Boise State
138. Louis Vasquez OG 6-5, 335 Texas Tech
139. Kevin Huber P 6-1, 220 Cincinnati
140. Marlon Favoite DT 6-1, 315 LSU
141. Moise Fokou LB 6-1, 233 Maryland
142. Chris Clemons DB 6-0, 210 CLemson
143. Stanley Arnoux LB 6-0, 232 Wake Forest
144. David Veikune DE 6-3, 257 Hawaii
145. Kenny McKinley WR 6-0, 190 South Carolina
146. Andrew Gardner OT 6-7, 305 Georgia Tech (X)
147. Kaluka Maiava LB 6-0, 230 Southern Califonia
148. Shonn Greene RB 5-11, 227 Iowa
149. *Captain Munnerlyn CB 5-9, 182 South Carolina
150. A.Q. Shipley C 6-1, 290 Penn State
151. Roy Miller DT 6-1, 310 Texas
152. Marko Mitchell WR 6-4, 220 Nevada
153. Dan Gronkowski TE 6-6, 255 Maryland
154. *Emanual Cook SS 5-10, 197 South Carolina
155. Cedric Peerman RB 5-10, 216 Virginia
156. Bruce Johnson CB 5-10, 170 Miami
157. *Jeremy Childs WR 6-0, 200 Boise State
158. Jose Valdez OT 6-4, 315 Arkansas
159. Stryker Sulak DE 6-5, 251 Missouri
160. Tom Brandstater QB 6-5, 220 Fresno State
161. James Davis RB 5-11, 218 Clemson
162. Graham Gano PK 6-1, 200 Florida State
163. Andy Kemp OG 6-5, 313 Wisconsin
164. Stephen Hodge SS 6-0, 234 Texas Christian
165. Tyronne Green OG 6-2, 310 Auburn
166. Deon Butler WR 5-10, 182 Penn State
167. Arian Foster RB 6-1, 226 Tennessee
168. Mitch King DT 6-2, 280 Iowa
169. Brian Hoyer QB 6-2, 215 Michigan State
170. *Glenn Coffee RB 6-1, 210 Alabama
171. Lee Robinson LB 6-2, 250 Alcorn State
172. *Kevin Ogletree WR 6-1, 196 Virginia
173. Maurice Miller OG 6-3, 327 Mississippi
174. Ra'Shon Harris DT 6-4, 300 Oregon
175. DeAndre Levy LB 6-2, 236 Wisconsin

rmartin65
03-12-2009, 12:43 PM
With the 58th pick of the 2009 TexansTalk Mock Draft, the New England Patriots select TE James Casey, Rice

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper1290/stills/93vch6k9.jpg

Casey gives another weapon for the Patriots offense. Gaffney left and the TE, Watson, is getting old (29) and is having some injury problems.

Blake
03-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Bastard. That was my pick.

I was laughing when he made that pick because of your list. :P

Shaft75
03-12-2009, 12:45 PM
With the 58th pick of the 2009 TexansTalk Mock Draft, the New England Patriots select TE James Casey, Rice

Casey gives another weapon for the Patriots offense. Gaffney left and the TE, Watson, is getting old (29) and is having some injury problems.

Man I really like this guy. Nice pick. I thought he would be there in the third though he is building momentum on the draft boards.

BigBull17
03-12-2009, 12:46 PM

Damn you. Stole my pick.

Blake
03-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Damn you. Stole my pick.

I didnt realize he was so high on everyone's boards...

Specnatz
03-12-2009, 12:52 PM
I didnt realize he was so high on everyone's boards...

He is very much like OD and folks do not want to miss out on the next one.

The Pencil Neck
03-12-2009, 12:52 PM
With the 59th pick, the Carolina Panthers take:

Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee

With Peppers getting old (and possibly moved before the season starts), the Panthers need to have someone ready to take over the reins.

DiehardChris
03-12-2009, 12:54 PM

With Peppers getting old (and possibly moved before the season starts), the Panthers need to have someone ready to take over the reins.

Ayers is an absolute steal, here. Great pick.

Blake
03-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Ayers is an absolute steal, here. Great pick.

Great pick this late in the 2nd. But the steal of the draft is still Aaron Maybin @ 41 to Green Bay (bah007)

EDIT: LORK 88 IS ON THE CLOCK.

WolverineFan
03-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Great pick this late in the 2nd. But the steal of the draft is still Aaron Maybin @ 41 to Green Bay (bah007)

I agree there, but this is still an excellent move by Carolina.

Shaft75
03-12-2009, 01:07 PM

That was my exact pick in the last mock and I was wondering how and the hell he was still there. I don't think it will happen come draft day though.

The Pencil Neck
03-12-2009, 01:08 PM
That was my exact pick in the last mock and I was wondering how and the hell he was still there. I don't think it will happen come draft day though.

Yeah, I saw that you'd made the same pick. I was actually shooting for a WR because they need someone better across from Smith. I was going to take Murphy. But after Murphy, there were no WR's that were worth this pick.

There's no way Ayers drops to this spot on Draft Day.

Shaft75
03-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Care to offer some insightful analysis as to why?

In all seriousness I would have taken Eric Wood. Build some depth on the o-line. They also lost their center to free agency right?

DiehardChris
03-12-2009, 01:19 PM
In all seriousness I would have taken Eric Wood. Build some depth on the o-line. They also lost their center to free agency right?

The Ravens signed Matt Birk, starting center, to a three year contract. He was a free agent from the Vikings.

Texan4Ever
03-12-2009, 01:20 PM

The Vikes needed a C after Birk left and an extra DE because one of there players has leukimia. Safety wouldv'e been a good option as well, but WR is also a need.

QB is not a need because they have Sage "The Rage" Rosenfels!

DiehardChris
03-12-2009, 01:22 PM
The Vikes needed a C after Birk left and an extra DE because one of there players has leukimia. Safety wouldv'e been a good option as well, but WR is also a need.

QB is not a need because they have Sage "The Rage" Rosenfels!

We're talking about the Ravens, not the Vikings.

Shaft75
03-12-2009, 01:23 PM
The Ravens signed Matt Birk, starting center, to a three year contract. He was a free agent from the Vikings.

Doh! Well I can't complain then. The only other alternative was DE then and Fili Moala was a good pick . I also like Derrick Williams more than Murphy. Just my opinion.

Texan4Ever
03-12-2009, 01:24 PM
We're talking about the Ravens, not the Vikings.

Ooppps...

LORK 88
03-12-2009, 01:24 PM
With the 60th pick in the Texans Talk Mock Draft, The Nuyawk G-Men select: TROY KROPOG, OT, TULANE

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0904/ncf_a_kropog_412.jpg

Another luxury pick. With both starting tackles reaching the age of 30 by the start of the season, it couldn't hurt to have a young, talented OT in the wings. He would be the swing tackle short term. Kareem McKenzie's contract also might become too much of a burden in the future as well.

Texan4Ever
03-12-2009, 01:27 PM
With the 60th pick in the Texans Talk Mock Draft, The Nuyawk G-Men select: TROY KROPOG, OT, TULANE

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0904/ncf_a_kropog_412.jpg

Another luxury pick. With both starting tackles reaching the age of 30 by the start of the season, it couldn't hurt to have a young, talented OT in the wings. He would be the swing tackle short term. Kareem McKenzie's contract also might become too much of a burden in the future as well.

Good pick, I like this guy because he's very agile and light on his feet, however, he is not a good fit for every team. The G-men have done a good job in developing linemen such as David Diehel, Snee, etc so he might be a real steal here. Good pick...

Blake
03-12-2009, 01:39 PM
61.) Indianapolis Colts Select: Texan_JBZ (NOTIFIED VIA PM)

62.) Tennessee Titans Select: TimeKiller (I HAVE HIS LIST)

63.) Arizona Cardinals Select: BigBull17 (I HAVE HIS LIST)

64.) Pittsburgh Steelers Select: Ole Miss Texan (WILL BE AROUND TO MAKE PICK)

3RD ROUND.

Blake
03-12-2009, 02:02 PM
I saw Texan_JBZ on about 30 minutes ago, but he is gone now...

Wolf6151
03-12-2009, 02:09 PM
How many rounds is this mock going to be?

Blake
03-12-2009, 02:13 PM
How many rounds is this mock going to be?

I will roll us through 3. After that its up in the air.

FYI. We have been doing this mock for 7 days now and are almost done with 2 rounds. Pretty good time.

Texan JBZ
03-12-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm backkkkk! With the 61st pick, the Indy Colts select Eric Wood, C, Louisville. Jeff Saturday's repalcement, nuff said.

Blake
03-12-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm backkkkk! With the 61st pick, the Indy Colts select Eric Wood, C, Louisville. Jeff Saturday's repalcement, nuff said.

I like. And I know Mike Mayock agrees with you here.

Blake
03-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Via PM from TimeKiller, the Tennessee Tacks Select:

Senderrick Marks DT, Auburn

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/65118/sen_derrick_marks.jpg

Blake
03-12-2009, 02:44 PM
BigBull is up. Make your pick or I will use your list you PM'ed me.

Texan4Ever
03-12-2009, 02:54 PM
BigBull is up. Make your pick or I will use your list you PM'ed me.

I sent him a PM to let him know he's up. He's online so hopefully he makes his pick...

Ole Miss Texan
03-12-2009, 02:55 PM

No you didn't. I gotta go back to the drawing board now...

bah007
03-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Didn't the Colts just take two centers last year (Justice and Pollack)?

BigBull17
03-12-2009, 02:57 PM
With the 63rd(?) pick, the Arizona Cardinals select: Willaim Moore FS Mizzu

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/57851/William_Moore.jpg

With a question mark around Rolle, the Cards can't pass on a guy who was a early 1st round pick last year. Hoping last year was the fluke, and he returns to form, they take the best avaliable saftey.

Ole Miss Texan
03-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Mike Pollack was their first pick last year. I think he's more of a guard in the pros and I believe is their starting RG. They also drafted Steve Justice from Wake Forest as their back up C. Even got a start this year.

I was so excited, I thought I was getting Wood. Didn't think the Colts would go for him, Tennessee drafted Mack in the 1st so I only had the Cardinals to worry about who have bigger needs elsewhere. I actually think Pittsburgh could look at him at 32.

I'm up I guess, give me just a minute.

mussop
03-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I will roll us through 3. After that its up in the air.

FYI. We have been doing this mock for 7 days now and are almost done with 2 rounds. Pretty good time.

You have done a nice job. Hell lets keep it going what else are we going to talk about for the next 43 days, 23 hours, 16 min and 38 secs????????

mussop
03-12-2009, 03:45 PM
I was so excited, I thought I was getting Wood. I'm up I guess, give me just a minute.

Classic!!!!!!!!:spit:

Blake
You have done a nice job. Hell lets keep it going what else are we going to talk about for the next 43 days, 23 hours, 16 min and 38 secs????????

It would be nice to do all 7. But we also need a better way of getting peoples picks in. I was thinking maybe a top 10 list or something. That way you dont have to wait until your 3 away to send me a list. It would speed things up.

Specnatz

That is how they draft. they always draft centers and move them to guard.

bah007
03-12-2009, 03:49 PM
With the 63rd(?) pick, the Arizona Cardinals select: Willaim Moore FS Mizzu

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/57851/William_Moore.jpg

With a question mark around Rolle, the Cards can't pass on a guy who was a early 1st round pick last year. Hoping last year was the fluke, and he returns to form, they take the best avaliable saftey.

Good pick.

Moore has question marks but at 63, this is a bargain.

The only problem is he hits like a free safety, covers like a strong safety, and tackles like a corner.

Teach the kid to wrap up and you have a decent strong safety.

The Pencil Neck
03-12-2009, 03:51 PM
It would be nice to do all 7. But we also need a better way of getting peoples picks in. I was thinking maybe a top 10 list or something. That way you dont have to wait until your 3 away to send me a list. It would speed things up.

Well, after the 3rd or 4th round, I'm going to run out of information about prospects.

Texan4Ever
03-12-2009, 03:52 PM

How about only allowing those users who are active on this thread and let them handle multiple teams???

Ole Miss Texan
03-12-2009, 03:56 PM
I was so excited, I thought I was getting Wood. I'm up I guess, give me just a minute.
Classic!!!!!!!!:spit:

Damnit.... haha wow, I didn't see that :embarrass

mussop
03-12-2009, 03:56 PM

Sounds good to me. Suggestion: If anyone doesnt want to go past three they can forfit their team. We can do a community pick for that team and say the first player with 3 votes is the pick. Or anything you can come up with to eliminate down time is good with me.

Ole Miss Texan
03-12-2009, 04:02 PM
With the 64th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Jarron Gilbert, DE from San Jose St.
http://www.nfldraftdog.com/images/Jarron%20Gilbert.jpg
Analysis: Gilbert is flying up the draft boards and has pushed himself into the 2nd round most likely. Possesses incredible athleticism. He's a bit of a DE/DT tweener but the Steelers will love to add him to the team. At 6'5 288lbs, he will likely take over at DE for their 3-4 defense. In 2008, he recorded 21.5 tackles for loss and 9 sacks.

Shaft75
03-12-2009, 04:03 PM
With the 64th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Jarron Gilbert, DE from San Jose St.
Analysis: Gilbert is flying up the draft boards and has pushed himself into the 2nd round most likely. Possesses incredible athleticism. He's a bit of a DE/DT tweener but the Steelers will love to add him to the team. At 6'5 288lbs, he will most likely take over at DE for their 3-4 defense.

argh!!

Goldensilence
03-12-2009, 04:03 PM
I think the draft is moving pretty much on time as not EVERYONE will be on at the same time. Personally I don't get the real rush to complete this given the fact there's not likely going to be a lot of things going on til the draft, aside from pro days. Seriously what's the rush?

William Moore is a good pick for the Cards. I think the Colts will likely go in a different direction as Steve Justice did make a start last year. Did one heck of a job last year remaking the interior of their line in preparation. They don't really have any huge glaring needs either though. Much as they like all Addai does I think they might be tempted to go for a RB to keep defenses more honest and Addai hasn't done much since his rookie campaign.

WolverineFan
03-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Analysis: Gilbert is flying up the draft boards and has pushed himself into the 2nd round most likely. Possesses incredible athleticism. He's a bit of a DE/DT tweener but the Steelers will love to add him to the team. At 6'5 288lbs, he will likely take over at DE for their 3-4 defense. In 2008, he recorded 21.5 tackles for loss and 9 sacks.

Great pick for their 3-4 defense!

Shaft75
03-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Great pick for their 3-4 defense!

I like him in any defense. He's a good player and can shift around on the line.

WolverineFan
03-12-2009, 04:13 PM
I like him in any defense. He's a good player and can shift around on the line.

I agree, but as a very athletic DE/DT tweener he is perfect fit as a 3-4 DE.

Specnatz
03-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Updated list from gbn:

51. *josh freeman qb 6-5, 230 kansas state
52. Marcus freeman lb 6-1, 245 ohio state
54. Fili moala dt 6-3, 295 usc
56. Shawn nelson te 6-5, 260 southern mississippi
57. Darry beckwith lb 6-0, 230 lsu (x)
58. Keenan lewis cb 6-1, 200 oregon state

61. Mike goodson rb 6-0, 210 texas a&m
62. *nate davis qb 6-2, 226 ball state
64. Victor harris cb 5-11, 192 virginia tech
66. Dorell scott dt 6-4, 310 clemson

68. Pat white qb 6-0, 197 west virginia
69. Cornelius ingram te 6-4, 232 florida (x)
70. Antoine caldwell oc 6-3, 300 alabama
71. Jason phillips lb 6-1, 240 texas christian
72. Jonathan luigs oc 6-3, 315 arkansas
74. Lawrence sidbury de 6-3, 266 richmond
75. Rashad jennings rb 6-1 231 liberty
76. Travis beckum te 6-4, 225 wisconsin (x)
77. Gerald cadogan ot 6-5, 310 penn state
78. Scott mckillop lb 6-1, 240 pittsburgh

80. Corey irvin dt 6-3, 290 georgia
81. Tyrone mckenzie lb 6-2, 235 south florida
82. Andy levitre og 6-2, 325 oregon state
83. *ricky jean-francois dt 6-2, 285 lsu
84. Sherrod martin db 6-1, 198 troy
86. *gerald mcrath lb 6-2, 220 southern mississippi
87. Javon ringer rb 5-9, 200 michigan state (x)
88. Jasper brinkley lb 6-2, 252 south carolina
89. *jerraud powers cb 5-9, 190 auburn

91. Chip vaughn ss 6-2, 220 wake forest
92. Dannell ellerbe lb 6-0, 232 georgia

94. Jonathan casillas lb 6-0, 220 wisconsin
95. Xavier fulton ot 6-4, 305 illinois
96. Jarron gilbert de 6-5, 290 san jose state
97. C.j. Spillman fs 6-0, 195 marshall
98. Cornelius lewis ot 6-4, 320 tennessee state (og)
99. Rhett bomar qb 6-2,225 sam houston state
100. Terrence taylor dt 6-1, 310 michigan
101. Nic harris lb 6-2, 234 oklahoma (ss)
102. Trevor canfield og 6-5,305 uconn
103. Demetrius byrd wr 6-1, 195 lsu
104. Kory sheets rb 5-11, 210 purdue
105. Brandon gibson wr 6-3, 205 washington state
106. Matt shaughnessy de 6-5, 266 wisconsin
107. Anthony parker og 6-2, 305 tennessee
108. Derrick williams wr 6-0, 195 penn state
109. *asher allen cb 5-10, 195 georgia
110. Josh mauga lb 6-2, 243 nevada
111. Fenuki tupou ot 6-5, 330 oregon
112. Darcel mcbath db 6-0, 200 texas tech
113. *chris baker dt 6-2, 305 hampton (o)
114. *cameron morrah te 6-4, 245 california
115. Mike wallace wr 6-0, 200 mississippi
116. Aaron kelly wr 6-4, 190 clemson
117. Kraig urbik og 6-6, 335 wisconsin
118. Stephen mcgee qb 6-3, 225 texas a&m
119. Anthony felder lb 6-2, 233 california
120. Mike mickens cb 6-0, 185 cincinnati (x)
121. Michael hamlin ss 6-2, 215 clemson
122. Brandon williams de 6-3, 260 texas tech
123. Javarris williams rb 5-10, 220 tennessee state
124. Cody brown lb 6-2, 245 uconn (de)
125. Mike thomas wr 5-8, 195 arizona
126. Vance walker dt 6-2, 295 georgia tech
127. Courtney greene fs 6-0, 212 rutgers
128. Jason watkins ot 6-5, 310 florida
129. Andre brown rb 6-0, 225 north carolina state
130. Will davis de 6-2, 261 illinois
131. Morgan trent cb 6-1, 195 michigan
132. Herman johnson og 6-7, 370 lsu (ot)
133. David bruton db 6-2, 220 notre dame
134. Zack follett lb 6-2, 236 california
135. Mo massaquoi wr 6-1, 205 georgia

137. Ian johnson rb 5-10, 205 boise state
138. Louis vasquez og 6-5, 335 texas tech
139. Kevin huber p 6-1, 220 cincinnati
140. Marlon favoite dt 6-1, 315 lsu
141. Moise fokou lb 6-1, 233 maryland
142. Chris clemons db 6-0, 210 clemson
143. Stanley arnoux lb 6-0, 232 wake forest
144. David veikune de 6-3, 257 hawaii
145. Kenny mckinley wr 6-0, 190 south carolina
146. Andrew gardner ot 6-7, 305 georgia tech (x)
147. Kaluka maiava lb 6-0, 230 southern califonia
148. Shonn greene rb 5-11, 227 iowa
149. *captain munnerlyn cb 5-9, 182 south carolina
150. A.q. Shipley c 6-1, 290 penn state
151. Roy miller dt 6-1, 310 texas
152. Marko mitchell wr 6-4, 220 nevada
153. Dan gronkowski te 6-6, 255 maryland
154. *emanual cook ss 5-10, 197 south carolina
155. Cedric peerman rb 5-10, 216 virginia
156. Bruce johnson cb 5-10, 170 miami
157. *jeremy childs wr 6-0, 200 boise state
158. Jose valdez ot 6-4, 315 arkansas
159. Stryker sulak de 6-5, 251 missouri
160. Tom brandstater qb 6-5, 220 fresno state
161. James davis rb 5-11, 218 clemson
162. Graham gano pk 6-1, 200 florida state
163. Andy kemp og 6-5, 313 wisconsin
164. Stephen hodge ss 6-0, 234 texas christian
165. Tyronne green og 6-2, 310 auburn
166. Deon butler wr 5-10, 182 penn state
167. Arian foster rb 6-1, 226 tennessee
168. Mitch king dt 6-2, 280 iowa
169. Brian hoyer qb 6-2, 215 michigan state
170. *glenn coffee rb 6-1, 210 alabama
171. Lee robinson lb 6-2, 250 alcorn state
172. *kevin ogletree wr 6-1, 196 virginia
173. Maurice miller og 6-3, 327 mississippi
174. Ra'shon harris dt 6-4, 300 oregon
175. Deandre levy lb 6-2, 236 wisconsin

Blake
03-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Trying to decide between two players. Will post soon.

Ole Miss Texan
03-12-2009, 04:28 PM
When do the compensatory picks get announced? I ask because it's highly likely the Steelers will get a pick (3rd rounder?) from the Jets due to them losing Alan Faneca.

Blake
03-12-2009, 04:31 PM
To kick off the 3rd round (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1139853&postcount=3) the Detroit Lions Select:

Shawn Nelson, TE, Southern Miss

To give you an idea of how awful the Lions TE position is manned, they are toying with signing LJ Smith. I really wanted to go defense again, but with 2 picks in round three, I am going to use one on a pass catching, run block willing 6'5" 240LBS safety valve for Matthew Stafford. He now has a true LT, #1WR, and a safety valve TE who will also help the running game. Even their backup TE's from last year are signing on with other teams. They need a TE in the worst way.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gzgc7x63kcBR/340x.jpg

Blake
03-12-2009, 04:32 PM
66.) St. Louis Rams Select: WolverineFan

67.) Kansas City Chiefs Select: beerlover

68.) Seattle Seahawks Select: gtexan02

69.) Dallas Cowboys Select: Honoring Earl 34

70.) Cincinnati Bengals Select: mussop

steelbtexan
03-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Mario

Can you put up the link with the updated picks?

WolverineFan
03-12-2009, 04:40 PM
With the 2nd pick in the 3rd round (66th overall) the St. Louis Rams select:

QB Josh Freeman, Kansas State

I had really hoped that Iglesias would fall to me, but he was taken mid 2nd round, so it came down to taking another offensive lineman or Freeman. I took Freeman because Bulger is now 31 years old and his play has started to decline yearly. Also the backup is Trent Green, who is pretty much 8 minutes from retirement.

Freeman is a 1st-2nd round talent and I feel very lucky that he feel to me in the 3rd round. Hopefully he can ride the bench for a year or two as Bulger's backup and can then replace him as the QB of the future for the franchise.

Specnatz
03-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Son of a B****

Throws phone against the wall.

Texan4Ever
03-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Son of a B****

Throws phone against the wall.

:spit:

WolverineFan
03-12-2009, 05:44 PM
:spit:

I think he wanted Freeman.

Texan4Ever
03-12-2009, 05:46 PM
I think he wanted Freeman.

Yea, it was his comment that was funny.

Specnatz
03-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Yea, it was his comment that was funny.

Thanks, just trying to add a little to the proceedings.

WolverineFan
03-12-2009, 05:52 PM

It worked, that was good.

Shaft75
03-12-2009, 05:58 PM

Don't do too much.:aggressive:

Texan4Ever
03-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Waiting for my pick is such a bbbbooooorrrrreeeee! If I were a GM at the actuall NFL Draft I would probably start a fight considering how slow they go.

http://www.businessweek.cz/wp-content/ruzne-obrazky/business-fight.jpg

Shaft75
03-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Who's up? beerlover?

Texan4Ever
03-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Who's up? beerlover?

Yea beerlover is now on the clock...

Shaft75
03-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Yea beerlover is now on the clock...

Allright so where are they going? They allready got the best player in the draft(imo). They could use a TE maybe?

Ingram Coffman and Beckum are still there.

Blake
03-12-2009, 10:26 PM
beerlover PMed me. He will pick tonight.

Wolf6151
03-13-2009, 12:16 AM
With the 2nd pick in the 3rd round (66th overall) the St. Louis Rams select:

QB Josh Freeman, Kansas State

I had really hoped that Iglesias would fall to me, but he was taken mid 2nd round, so it came down to taking another offensive lineman or Freeman. I took Freeman because Bulger is now 31 years old and his play has started to decline yearly. Also the backup is Trent Green, who is pretty much 8 minutes from retirement.

Freeman is a 1st-2nd round talent and I feel very lucky that he feel to me in the 3rd round. Hopefully he can ride the bench for a year or two as Bulger's backup and can then replace him as the QB of the future for the franchise.

Jason Smith, DJ Moore, and Josh Freeman. WOW you could stop now and still have a great draft. Excellent picks.

JCTexan
03-13-2009, 12:21 AM
Jason Smith, DJ Moore, and Josh Freeman. WOW you could stop now and still have a great draft. Excellent picks.

That might be his last pick if we only go three rounds.

DiehardChris
03-13-2009, 01:13 AM
Eight hours and counting...

beerlover
03-13-2009, 05:30 AM
Mike Thomas, WR Arizona. 5-8 195 4.30 speed w/40 1/2 vertical (adjusts for size difference once airborne) explosive in tight spaces not afraid to go over the middle, creates excellent seperation, runs great routes is in the Wes Welker mold for Cassel giving him receiving target to go along with Gonzalez & Bowe. The Pac-10's all-time leader with 259 receptions, Thomas twice earned first-team all-conference accolades, registering 157 catches and 15 touchdowns over his final two seasons. Wanting to show scouts that he could contribute on special teams as well, Thomas moved to punt returner as a senior, scoring two touchdowns and garnering first-team All-Pac-10 accolades. Very impressed with his workouts @ the Combine & Senior Bowl the very best way to help Matt Cassel become successful is getting him a go to guy in the slot. http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper997/stills/0uq45v16.jpg

Blake
03-13-2009, 08:56 AM
I will be out of town this afternoon until Tuesday or Wednesday. I will poke in to read whats going on, but wont be able to mod this thing like I normally can. I believe a couple of yall will keep this thing going.

gtexan02
03-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Seattle Seahawks take Andy levitre, G Oregon State

Blake
03-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Nice pick. I wanted Levitre for the Texans.

Blake
03-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Via Honoring Earl 34 PM, the Dallas Cowboys Select:

Fili Moala, DT, U.S.C.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/65124/fili_moala.jpg

Blake
03-13-2009, 10:05 AM
70.) Cincinnati Bengals Select: mussop

71.)Oakland Raiders Select: Goldensilence

72.) Jacksonville Jaguars Select: Texan4Ever

73.) Green Bay Packers Select: bah007

74.) San Francisco 49ers Select: Specnatz

BigBull17
03-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Seattle Seahawks take Andy levitre, G Oregon State

I was very close to taking him. I really like what he brings. Solid pick.

While your gone, who are we going to PM our lists to? Just as a back-up

Blake
03-13-2009, 10:42 AM

I guess we need a volunteer.

WolverineFan
03-13-2009, 12:14 PM

Thank you. Obviously Smith is the best player here, but I was lucky enough for one of the top 5 CB's to fall to me in the 2nd and very fortunate that Freeman fell all the way to the 3rd. All 3 of these guys have, at one point or another, been talked about as potenial 1st round picks and I ended up getting all of them. A good haul I think.

The Pencil Neck
03-13-2009, 12:48 PM
I will be out of town this afternoon until Tuesday or Wednesday. I will poke in to read whats going on, but wont be able to mod this thing like I normally can. I believe a couple of yall will keep this thing going.

Unfortunately, I'll be gone most of the day today. Yesterday was my 21st wedding anniversary and today, we're spending the day together. I'll be back later tonight, though.

Texan4Ever
03-13-2009, 12:49 PM
I'll do my best to PM ppl who are up and make sure this board keeps moving, but I think we might just stop at round 3 (However, I don't mind moving on through round 7)

The Pencil Neck
03-13-2009, 01:03 PM
I'd like to go at least 4 rounds. This has been a good mock, I think.

We should get it posted as a separate page on the Texan's Talk site.

Texan4Ever
03-13-2009, 01:19 PM
I'd like to go at least 4 rounds. This has been a good mock, I think.

We should get it posted as a separate page on the Texan's Talk site.

Okay, sounds good...

Specnatz
03-13-2009, 01:25 PM
I guess we need a volunteer.

I'll do my best to PM ppl who are up and make sure this board keeps moving, but I think we might just stop at round 3 (However, I don't mind moving on through round 7)

I was very close to taking him. I really like what he brings. Solid pick.

Either ....

Texan4ever or myself .... who ever SM says. I will be around the weekend. My broke ass is not going anywhere.

gtexan02
03-13-2009, 02:08 PM
I won't be able to do the 4th round, so someone will need to take over for the Seahawks and Jets. The first 3 rounds have been great!! But I just don't know enough about any of the prospects to go through 4. I'd just be blindly picking names

jgl35
03-13-2009, 02:30 PM
I won't be able to do the 4th round, so someone will need to take over for the Seahawks and Jets. The first 3 rounds have been great!! But I just don't know enough about any of the prospects to go through 4. I'd just be blindly picking names

And how is that different then a lot of real GM's in the NFL?

Texan4Ever
03-13-2009, 02:32 PM
I don't mind taking another team or two, just get it approved by everyone else to make things fair.

mussop
03-13-2009, 02:38 PM
With the 6th pick in the third round #70 the Cincinatti Bengals select Kraig Urbik Wisconsin OG.

With Witworth moving to T Urbik should start right away giving the Bengals a BIG strong OL that can control the LOS.

Texan4Ever
03-13-2009, 02:45 PM
With the 6th pick in the third round #70 the Cincinatti Bengals select Kraig Urbik Wisconsin OG.

With Witworth moving to T Urbik should start right away giving the Bengals a BIG strong OL that can control the LOS.

Great pick for the Bengals...Urbik is BIG and powefull guard who should start right away....

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/30/307342.jpg

Shaft75
03-13-2009, 03:44 PM

First Levitre, now Urbik. You guys don't want to leave some o-line for the Texans or what?:foottap:

JCTexan
03-13-2009, 03:50 PM
First Levitre, now Urbik. You guys don't want to leave some o-line for the Texans or what?:foottap:

This mock isn't all about the Texans. :ok:

Shaft75
03-13-2009, 03:57 PM
This mock isn't all about the Texans. :ok:

I thought I was the one brimming with sarcasm way too often. I think you take the cake. Great job! :chickendance:

JCTexan
03-13-2009, 04:00 PM
I thought I was the one brimming with sarcasm way too often. I think you take the cake. Great job! :chickendance:

Huh? Since when can you be too sarcastic?

DiehardChris
03-13-2009, 05:28 PM
I have Levitre going to the Texans in a couple of mocks. Not in the third, though.

TimeKiller
03-13-2009, 05:29 PM
What's sarcasm?

Shaft75
03-13-2009, 05:55 PM
What's sarcasm?

Drafting Harvin at 46.

JCTexan
03-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Drafting Harvin at 46.

That's not sarcasm... that's a bad attempt at humor. :tiphat:

Ole Miss Texan
03-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Drafting Harvin at 46.

What's wrong with Harvin at 46? ;)

gtexan02
03-13-2009, 06:41 PM

He's a steal at 46 imo. Maybe we dont really want him on our team, but he's a 1st round talent

Texan4Ever
03-13-2009, 06:42 PM

I'm not a big fan of harvin. Look at what happened last time someone tried to draft a guy with superior speed *cough* Reggie Bush *cough* *cough*. And what position would he play??? RB, WR, KR, PR...?

JCTexan
03-13-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm not a big fan of harvin. Look at what happened last time someone tried to draft a guy with superior speed *cough* Reggie Bush *cough* *cough*. And what position would he play??? RB, WR, KR, PR...?

Harvin in the 2nd is a good pick... He can play WR or RB, and its not too big of a risk if you use a 2nd rounder on him. I personally would be fine with Harvin at 46 if the Texans decide to go that route, even though he would be the slot WR... Imagine a AJ, KW, PH & Slaton in the back field. That would be hard to defend. :fans:

mussop
03-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Harvin in the 2nd is a good pick... He can play WR or RB, and its not too big of a risk if you use a 2nd rounder on him. I personally would be fine with Harvin at 46 if the Texans decide to go that route, even though he would be the slot WR... Imagine a AJ, KW, PH & Slaton in the back field. That would be hard to defend. :fans:

What he said. I was allright with the pick too. Hey we could do worse than getting the most explosive player in the draft in the middle of the second round.

Texan4Ever
03-13-2009, 06:53 PM

I think having Pat White, Slaton, and Harvin run trick plays or a Wildcat would be awesome as hell!

JCTexan
03-13-2009, 06:57 PM
I think having Pat White, Slaton, and Harvin run trick plays or a Wildcat would be awesome as hell!

Even though you aren't a fan of Harvin? :spy:

Texan4Ever
03-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Even though you aren't a fan of Harvin? :spy:

I guess I have doubts about Harvin (plus I don't like players who played for UofF) however, the above situation is quite appealing to me and I wouldn't mind having him on our team once the Texans have gotten the players they need to fill key positions.

JCTexan
03-13-2009, 07:23 PM
I guess I have doubts about Harvin (plus I don't like players who played for UofF) however, the above situation is quite appealing to me and I wouldn't mind having him on our team once the Texans have gotten the players they need to fill key positions.

So in the 6th or 7th you would be fine with him? He's not lasting that long... if the Texans want him they have to pull the trigger in the 2nd if he's there.

Goldensilence
03-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Hey guys sorry it's taking so long to get my third round pick up and out. I still need to do a bit more research and right now i'm ona deadline for gettinga school paper done. Much as I love mock drafting gotta get done what needs to be done.

:jogger:

Texan4Ever
03-14-2009, 12:32 AM
Hey guys sorry it's taking so long to get my third round pick up and out. I still need to do a bit more research and right now i'm ona deadline for gettinga school paper done. Much as I love mock drafting gotta get done what needs to be done.

Hey no hurries man, get ur school work done first. BTW, we would much rather have you research your pick then pick a totaly random player no ones herd of.

beerlover
03-14-2009, 02:45 AM

research the hell out of it, we'll look forward to your pick. I don't think anyone expected my pick either :cool:

Goldensilence
03-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Looking to further remake the Raider's offense with their third round pick the Oakland Raiders select C Antoine Caldwell of Alabama.

TexansSeminole
03-14-2009, 12:53 PM
:goodpost:Looking to further remake the Raider's offense with their third round pick the Oakland Raiders select C Antoine Caldwell of Alabama.

I really like Caldwell and this pick.

DiehardChris
03-14-2009, 12:55 PM
The Jacksonville Jaguars and Texan4Ever are on the clock! (#72)

Specnatz
03-14-2009, 01:15 PM
The Jacksonville Jaguars and Texan4Ever are on the clock! (#72)

I wonder if he sent an email to himself.

Texan4Ever
03-14-2009, 02:11 PM
I wonder if he sent an email to himself.

LOL...I'm here man...please give me a minute to make my decsion.

Texan4Ever
03-14-2009, 02:19 PM
With the 72 overall selection, the Jags select...

Jarett Dillard

http://www.ricefootball.net/06mvpdillardcatchvx4.jpg

With WR a need, I feel that the Jags can take some of the other players I have in mind later on in the draft. Fast, speedy, and can go from 0 to 60 and 60 to 0, Dillard has tremendous upside.

From those who know little about this players check out the video at the bottom: http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/Jarett-Dillard.php

Honoring Earl 34
03-14-2009, 02:21 PM

Jarett Dillard

With WR a need, I feel that the Jags can take some of the other players I have in mind later on in the draft. Fast, speedy, and can go from 0 to 60 and 60 to 0, Dillard has tremendous upside.

From those who know little about this players check out the video at the bottom: http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/Jarett-Dillard.php

Oh Booo .... don't send hometown heros to the Jags .

mussop
03-14-2009, 02:26 PM
looking to further remake the raider's offense with their third round pick the oakland raiders select c antoine caldwell of alabama.

mother !@#$er!!!

Texan4Ever
03-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Oh Booo .... don't send hometown heros to the Jags .

WRs were taken sooooo fast, the Jags had no choice. I was worried that Dillard would be gone by this round or early in the next so I chose Dillard. Would love to add him to our roster but we have so many talented WRs, I doubt he would get playing time.

DiehardChris
03-14-2009, 02:28 PM
The Green Bay Packers and bah007 are on the clock!

The Pencil Neck
03-14-2009, 02:34 PM

Jarett Dillard

Wow. That's a surprise. The highest rating I've seen on Dillard so far is 145. Most people don't even have him listed.

DiehardChris
03-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Dillard is a 3-4 round prospect, #116 overall on the board I've been using from CBS Sports.com, for what it's worth.

Texan4Ever
03-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Wow. That's a surprise. The highest rating I've seen on Dillard so far is 145. Most people don't even have him listed.

I seldom go with "expert" opinions considering the likes of ESPN reporters who are suggesting the Texans take Mark Sanchez. Dillard is a smaller WR, something the Jags don't have, he is a type of player that can give a team 5, 10, 15 yards a reception and then have two or three big plays of 45+ yards. If you watch the video and review his gametape he can squat down and maintain he balance and change his speed quickly enough to throw the defender off and yet maintain his poise and ballance and burst off.

This might be too high but considering some of the top WRs have been taken and WR being one of the many needs of the Jags I took him and I believe he is a draft steal at this point. My other considerations were Austin Collie but IMO he is a one hit wonder. Derrick Williams was another option but he's dropped many catchable passes which was a draw back for me.

I was also looking at college production and some of the WRs still on the board have only managed 600-800 total receiving yards and IMO a player who can't break past the 1,000+ yard mark well probably never have more then 650-800 yards receiving in the NFL.

The Pencil Neck
03-14-2009, 02:45 PM
Dillard is a 3-4 round prospect, #116 overall on the board I've been using from CBS Sports.com, for what it's worth.

GBN doesn't have him listed in their top 175 and Draft Countdown has him listed at 145. I've been using a combination of those two boards as my big board. Well, along with the Walter Football picks.

I'll add the CBS board in as well, I guess.

JCTexan
03-14-2009, 02:47 PM

Jarett Dillard

I would have taken Butler, Barden, Massaquoi & Williams ahead of him.

DiehardChris
03-14-2009, 03:08 PM
GBN doesn't have him listed in their top 175 and Draft Countdown has him listed at 145. I've been using a combination of those two boards as my big board. Well, along with the Walter Football picks.

I'll add the CBS board in as well, I guess.

I don't necessarily agree with their rankings - it's just the first place I found that listed enough prospects for a potential seven-round mock (like the one I'm involved in elsewhere).

116 seems a little high, but who knows?

Specnatz
03-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Per Bahoo7 pm:

With the 73rd pick The Green Bay Packers Select:

Chase Coffman - TE, Missouri

http://www.themaneater.com/media/2008/1109/photos/fball022-at.jpg

Specnatz
03-14-2009, 04:13 PM
49ers will pick in a second there seems to be some discourse between the GM and HC as to who to pick. As soon Mike Singletary gets done kicking the GMs Ass the pick will be in.

The Pencil Neck
03-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Per Bahoo7 pm:

With the 73rd pick The Green Bay Packers Select:

Chase Coffman - TE, Missouri

http://www.themaneater.com/media/2008/1109/photos/fball022-at.jpg

Didn't Chase Coffman go at 58?

EDIT: My bad. I'd made a mistake on my board.