03-05-2009, 12:04 AM
addition by subtraction

GuerillaBlack
03-05-2009, 12:07 AM
http://www.forumspile.com/Misc-OhSnap_Bear.jpg

Hilarious.

Texan4Ever
03-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Wow, didn't think Jerry would do this. I know there our rivals but I'm happy that they got rid of him...he's a great player but a cancer nonetheless...Maybe Detroit should pick him up...:sarcasm:

Specnatz
03-05-2009, 12:11 AM
more to follow.

But Drew said he would not be released after signing his new deal. :crying:

GuerillaBlack
03-05-2009, 12:11 AM
Return to Philly?!

ahha!

WesmanTexanfan
03-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Damn, the Cowgirls have been making so many moves in the last 2 years that support my disgust, but this one is actually smart......

stingray
03-05-2009, 12:14 AM
Imagine a Schaub to T.O. connection!!!!

J/K:smiliedance::smiliedance:

LonerATO
03-05-2009, 12:17 AM
about time

JWarren14
03-05-2009, 12:18 AM
Ahh the cowgirls..possible destinations?

stingray
03-05-2009, 12:19 AM
Ahh the cowgirls..possible destinations?

Vikings?

GuerillaBlack
03-05-2009, 12:19 AM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u47/dtbhfan/TO-winks.gif

Now, let's just all wait for TO's Sunday Conversation. This is where he spills his guts about everything that is wrong with the Cowboys, Ed Werder, Jerrah, and Romo. Damnit, I can't wait.

Terrell Owens will be in San Diego or the New York Giants.

DiehardChris
03-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Smart move.

Now - watch that billionaire hillbilly take two steps back by trading up to the top 10 and taking Crabtree.

Hookem Horns
03-05-2009, 12:31 AM

There is NO way the Giants pick up TO. I say he goes to the Raiders the place where so many careers go to die.

GuerillaBlack
03-05-2009, 12:32 AM
There is NO way the Giants pick up TO. I say he goes to the Raiders the place where so many careers go to die.

There is no way? With how Plaxico playing out, there really is no way?

GP
03-05-2009, 12:33 AM
Tampa Bay Bucs. They have a lot of cap space.

Earnest Graham & Derrick Ward at RB

Clayton and T.O. at WR

All they need is Jay Cutler who is ready to get out, or figure out something else at QB.

Few teams would make the room for him. Tampa Bay has the space, right?

GuerillaBlack
03-05-2009, 12:37 AM
What does TB have to offer for Cutler? If you said no one, then you're right.

Hookem Horns
03-05-2009, 12:39 AM
There is no way? With how Plaxico playing out, there really is no way?

Because they are not the type of organization that would sign him. Plax has done some idiotic things off of the field however is not the type of guy to cause chaos in the locker room (calling out the QB, other players, backstabbing the team to the media, etc). Plax will probably be back with the Giants next season barring legalities.

Whomever signs TO is going to be either really stupid or desperate.

texanfan2002114
03-05-2009, 12:40 AM
"The Dallas Cowboys released wide receiver Terrell Owens on Wednesday night according to a source.

Owens was informed of the decision by team officials, who said the team had decided to go in a different direction.

Over the last few weeks, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was asked about the status of Owens by reporters.

Jones refused to say whether Owens would get cut but hinted two weeks ago he might keep the receiver.

Multiple sources said team officials were talking about releasing Owens for the last several days but as of Wednesday afternoon no final decision was made.

The Cowboys will take roughly a $9 million cap hit with the release of Owens.

Owens did not return a call seeking comment, nor did his agent Drew Rosenhaus. "

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/030509dnspotoblog.40e65ca.html

WesmanTexanfan
03-05-2009, 01:01 AM
T.O., number 1 on the ALL HYPE team.....

DiehardChris
03-05-2009, 01:10 AM
http://www.houstondiehards.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/crying1.jpg

Good riddance, *****.

(Though I hope he ends up in the NFC East and murders the Cowboys next year)

Shaft75
03-05-2009, 01:15 AM
Damn!!!!!! Glad I stayed up late! Can't wait to see the reaction tomorrow. One more backfire for mr. Jones!

WesmanTexanfan
03-05-2009, 01:15 AM

Good riddance, *****.

(Though I hope he ends up in the NFC East and murders the Cowboys next year)

Wouldnt that be the dream, or he gets picked up by a rival and implodes their squad...

Goldensilence
03-05-2009, 01:22 AM

Clayton and T.O. at WR

All they need is Jay Cutler who is ready to get out, or figure out something else at QB.

I think this is a possibility. I am pretty sure he knew the Cowboys were going to be his last big payday so i won't expect a BIG contract from anyone. One or two year deal.

ChampionTexan
03-05-2009, 01:30 AM

Clayton and T.O. at WR

I think this is a possibility. I am pretty sure he knew the Cowboys were going to be his last big payday so i won't expect a BIG contract from anyone. One or two year deal.

I don't know, TO and a 17 year old HC don't sound like a match made in heaven to me! (OK - 32 year old HC).

DiehardChris
03-05-2009, 01:36 AM
Wouldnt that be the dream, or he gets picked up by a rival and implodes their squad...

It would be awesome. I know the Redskins don't have the cap room, but they're stupid so maybe tomorrow they'll cut half their squad to sign him.

Then we can have T.O. running it up on Dallas, and Fat Albert sitting on Tony Romo's face twice a year for a couple of years.

A man can dream.

Shaft75
03-05-2009, 01:38 AM
It's amazing that they couldn't find a trade partner for a player of this caliber. Put him on suicide watch! Now he only has 9 million reasons...

Goldensilence
03-05-2009, 01:39 AM
I don't know, TO and a 17 year old HC don't sound like a match made in heaven to me! (OK - 32 year old HC).

Parcells and TO weren't either.

Only reason I said it looks like a possibility is Tampa could use a big play WR and has room.

If Al Davis isn't going to resign Porter little chance they sign TO. Seattle just signed Housh. No way San Fran takes him back. Minnesota could use the help but Childress has dealt with TO once and I think that was once too many for him. Ravens could use the help but I think they know that could backfire on the development of Flacco.

If he went on the cheap maybe Jets or Washington.

Of course my favorite idea is public groveling to Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb to go back to Philly.

Specnatz
03-05-2009, 01:40 AM
Dan Snyder out bids the Redskins for his services. :kingkong:

Texan JBZ
03-05-2009, 02:34 AM
Ha! I love it! The Cowboys are joke and Jerry Jones as a GM is utterly ridiculous. Question: If he knew he was going to release T.O., why didn't Jerry pursue T.J. Housmanzadeh? I mean, he was there for the taking. Addition by subtraction my butt! T.O. is a locker room cancer, but he's still a helluva football player. Defensive coaches had to gameplan against T.O., believe that! Good luck with lazy ass, overrated Roy Williams as your go-to guy Cowturds. Ha! I just love it! I hope T.O. goes to the Giants!

mattieuk
03-05-2009, 06:28 AM

But you can't cut me, and leave my quarterback behind. Thats my quarterback man, you can't do that. It's not fair man! Oh wait, I've a call from Drew.....the Giants/Raiders are wanting to give me tons of money? Man, that Romo was one crap QB, he couldn't even ht TO, I mean man, I was a better receiver when I overdosed than Witten will ever be.

And the TO story continues...

Blake
03-05-2009, 06:52 AM
I bet TO believed JJ when he told him they got Williams to help him get more 1 on 1's. You dont spend a first and a 3rd for a #2 WR. The writing was on the wall.

ObsiWan
03-05-2009, 08:09 AM
T.O. to Tennessee. Prince Vince and T.O. would be a shrink's dream...
...or nightmare
:D

Silver Oak
03-05-2009, 08:29 AM

Now, let's just all wait for TO's Sunday Conversation. This is where he spills his guts about everything that is wrong with the Cowboys, Ed Werder, Jerrah, and Romo. Damnit, I can't wait.

exactly! that's beeen his way after every other team, so I would expect a tell all about the cowboys now.

Kaiser Toro
03-05-2009, 08:34 AM
I would not be surprised to see Tennessee, Jacksonville and Oakland involved.

WWJD
03-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Well as a Cowboys fan I am glad to see him go....just not worth the trouble.

Thank you Stephen Jones.

hobie
03-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Ha! I love it! The Cowboys are joke and Jerry Jones as a GM is utterly ridiculous. Question: If he knew he was going to release T.O., why didn't Jerry pursue T.J. Housmanzadeh? I mean, he was there for the taking. Addition by subtraction my butt! T.O. is a locker room cancer, but he's still a helluva football player. Defensive coaches had to gameplan against T.O., believe that! Good luck with lazy ass, overrated Roy Williams as your go-to guy Cowturds. Ha! I just love it! I hope T.O. goes to the Giants!

Hell no !!! Being a Giants fan as well, that wouldn't be good for Eli... Look no further than Shockey and Tiki to see what could happen. Plus Coughlin would not put up with his s**t, and if Plex comes back, that will be enough to have to control, let alone a POS like TO. Let him go to Detriot where he can get accustomed to losing !!

Polo
03-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Minnesota...

Brad Childress connection + they need a reciever

Kaiser Toro
03-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Minnesota...

I would be very surprised to see TO go to any team that had a head coach who coached him before.

HOU-TEX
03-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Personally, I hope he isn't signed anywhere. The dude's an asshat.

But, I reckon if a team does bring him in it would be a 1 year deal. The dude mentally falls apart after the 1st season with a new team.

WWJD
03-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Minnesota...

Perhaps but I have heard time and time again this morning that he had serious problems with TO sooo...

TO has all the talent in the world..he needs to be THE guy on a team and the ONLY guy so find that team and that's where he'll end up.

Somebody will take that chance.

HJam72
03-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Anybody wanna give this guy a one year contract? :jk:

spurstexanstros
03-05-2009, 10:10 AM

I was hoping that was sarcastic.

Hervoyel
03-05-2009, 10:11 AM

Dude! I am THIS CLOSE to giving you negative rep for even THINKING that!

What I really want to know is who is going to be stupid enough to sign this piece of feces next. The "Where's T.O. going to land?" game should be fun.

I bet he's out of football now. It's either that or the Raiders.

swtbound07
03-05-2009, 10:15 AM
my money is on the patriots.

Texecutioner
03-05-2009, 10:27 AM
It would be awesome. I know the Redskins don't have the cap room, but they're stupid so maybe tomorrow they'll cut half their squad to sign him.

Then we can have T.O. running it up on Dallas, and Fat Albert sitting on Tony Romo's face twice a year for a couple of years.

A man can dream.

This is the first place I was thinking Chris.

Don't put it past Snyder to move some pieces around to sign TO. I could totally see him doing it. The Skins are in desperate need of a play making WR any way. TO is totally the type of player that Snyder would take a shot at.

Smartest move the Cowboys have made in about 5 years. Addition by subtraction. I almost wish he would stay there one more year just to cause more destruction, but seeing TO get cut and embarrassed again, is always priceless. I'm sure he'll cry on tv again and act like no one understands him again like he did when he was whining in Philly.

rarazz00
03-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Sunday conversation coming up, huh?...I'll have my popcorn ready:spit:

WWJD
03-05-2009, 11:01 AM
This is the first place I was thinking Chris.

Don't put it past Snyder to move some pieces around to sign TO. I could totally see him doing it. The Skins are in desperate need of a play making WR any way. TO is totally the type of player that Snyder would take a shot at.

Smartest move the Cowboys have made in about 5 years. Addition by subtraction. I almost wish he would stay there one more year just to cause more destruction, but seeing TO get cut and embarrassed again, is always priceless. I'm sure he'll cry on tv again and act like no one understands him again like he did when he was whining in Philly.

If they are to be believed the Redskins have said they are not interested.

Texecutioner
03-05-2009, 11:30 AM
If they are to be believed the Redskins have said they are not interested.

Maybe they won't, but I won't count them out until he has signed with someone else. Don't ever count out Snyder.

Other than that, I guess Oakland is a strong candidate. He could actually help the Raiders more than he could hurt them.

El Tejano
03-05-2009, 11:32 AM
ESPN and NFL Network also made another announcement. They will be joining forces for today and possibly over the next week to form ESTO Network. Giving you non stop TO talk. Every segment will have a Kevin Bacon effect to it as there will be a connection to TO no matter what the topic.

False Start
03-05-2009, 11:38 AM
This is messed up. I was listening to 790 and the one guy was in favor of bring Tear O to the Texans, and being serious about it. Then, there were people calling in agreeing with him. I had to turn that crap off, it was unbearable. :mcnugget:

bah007
03-05-2009, 11:40 AM
This is messed up. I was listening to 790 and the one guy was in favor of bring Tear O to the Texans, and being serious about it. Then, there were people calling in agreeing with him. I had to turn that crap off, it was unbearable. :mcnugget:

Probably the same "fans" that cried when we took Mario in the draft...

Texecutioner
03-05-2009, 11:40 AM
ESPN and NFL Network also made another announcement. They will be joining forces for today and possibly over the next week to form ESTO Network. Giving you non stop TO talk. Every segment will have a Kevin Bacon effect to it as there will be a connection to TO no matter what the topic.

If they're humiliating TO, then I'm all for it!

Dread-Head
03-05-2009, 11:44 AM
http://www.forumspile.com/Misc-OhSnap_Bear.jpg

Hilarious.

I've heard that bears crap in the woods...but till now I'd never seen it. Unlike most bears...this one has a pretty good reason.

Texan JBZ
03-05-2009, 11:45 AM

See, there's your problem right there. Turn your knob clockwise, or counter-clockwise if you choose, until it gets to 1560 and listen to some real sports radio. Get in the Game dude!

El Tejano

Well over here in Austin (1300 The Zone), they were saying that the only team that would have enough cajones to take him on would be The Patriots. They cited that they've done alot with players like Randy Moss, and Corey Dillon etc... because of their ability to show people the door if they aren't putting the team first.

Then they went into how dangerous that team would be if it actually worked.

Now if he did go to NE, then ESPN would be say that the P stands for Patriots.

WWJD
Maybe they won't, but I won't count them out until he has signed with someone else. Don't ever count out Snyder.

Other than that, I guess Oakland is a strong candidate. He could actually help the Raiders more than he could hurt them.

He would probably love going to Oakland...I know he spends alot of time in California...LA but still it's California.

I don't see the Redskins at all. And the Giants have said they are not interested in Terrell as well.

Goldensilence
03-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Really don't think Oakland will be a candidate. They already dealt with Jerrry Porter and if they aren't going to resign Porter I highly doubt they go with TO.

Think you're right KT would not be suprised to see a one year deal from Tenn or Jax though.

Baltimore might be a good place because Ray owns that locker room.

Dread-Head
03-05-2009, 11:50 AM

He'll wind up in a Redskins uniform and humiliate the vugg out of the Cowgirls...which...is good. I actually like this guy even though he's a nidiot.. He and Ocho-cinco don't get arrested, don't beat people up in strip clubs, don't do drugs and to our knowlegde aren't trying to repopulate the earth via the opportunistic-hoodrat-babymama cottage industry. All they do is run their mouths. He makes the game fun to watch. Say what you want about this clown. He's a hell of an athlete and sells tickets.

Texecutioner
03-05-2009, 11:52 AM
He would probably love going to Oakland...I know he spends alot of time in California...LA but still it's California.

I don't see the Redskins at all. And the Giants have said they are not interested in Terrell as well.

The more I think about it yo know what team could use him the most? The Jags. They haven't had a decent WR since Smith left the team, and TO and Jones would be a pretty deadly duo in the red zone. I would rather see TO rot in Oakland personally, but realistically I don't think it would be a bad idea if the Jags signed him to a one year deal and tried to make it work.

bah007
03-05-2009, 11:53 AM
He'll wind up in a Redskins uniform and humiliate the vugg out of the Cowgirls...which...is good. I actually like this guy even though he's a nidiot.. He and Ocho-cinco don't get arrested, don't beat people up in strip clubs, don't do drugs and to our knowlegde aren't trying to repopulate the earth via the opportunistic-hoodrat-babymama cottage industry. All they do is run their mouths. He makes the game fun to watch. Say what you want about this clown. He's a hell of an athlete and sells tickets.

You actually make a good point. I would rather have him on my team than Chris Henry, Travis Henry, Jerramy Stevens, etc...

He's still a d-bag though.

False Start
03-05-2009, 12:00 PM
See, there's your problem right there. Turn your knob clockwise, or counter-clockwise if you choose, until it gets to 1560 and listen to some real sports radio. Get in the Game dude!

Yeah, I know. I'm just not a big fan of John Granato, the dude bugs me. I was just flipping around and came up on this scenario. Houston sports radio has went down hill in the past 5 years.

GP
03-05-2009, 12:08 PM
This guy has nowehere to go.

Seriously, what team would want him?

He's burned through THREE quality teams: 49ers, Eagles & Cowboys.

Even Randy Moss "got the big picture" at some point.

The guy might not play this year. Only a desparate edge-of-the-playoff contender would sign him, and it would be right before the deadline, well into the season just as an added weapon for the playoffs. You wouldn't want T.O. on your team the whole year.

I suspect he will become The King of One-Year Contracts. A different team every year, like some hired gun out of a Wild West dimestore novel.

All of his drama, and his cute little things he would say and do in the media, has boiled down to him getting cut and likely not even having any interest from teams at all. And he probably STILL won't get the hint that he has big personality issues that are costing him, possibly even costing him HOF status.

What a sad and unfortunate story this guy's life has been. He was raised by his grandmother, and when he was a teenager he wanted to date this girl who lived across the street from him that he had seen for several years each day as they crossed paths. His grandmother told him he couldn't date her. he asked why. She said "Because she's your sister. Your daddy lives in that house across the street with her." I mean, seriously: His dad had been living across the street for years and nobody told T.O....nobody.

So, keep that bit of emotional and psychological scarring in the back of your brain when you make knocks on the guy. I am not "excusing" what he does, but I am saying that it is "understandable" considering that sort of trauma. it's well-documented that experiencing extreme emotional and psychological trauma as a child can actually STOP a kid from progressing & growing (emotionally and mentally). They stay frozen, in essence, in that time and place. We all have our baggage fromt he past. Learning that your dad willfully lives across the street and yet has not one thing to do with you? Roll that around in your head for awhile.

WWJD
03-05-2009, 12:19 PM
I don't know TO obviously but I don't think he's a bad guy really...he just doesn't know that there is an art to keeping one's mouth shut....

And the Jags suggestion was probably a good one. Didn't think of them.

Specnatz
03-05-2009, 01:04 PM
I don't know TO obviously but I don't think he's a bad guy really...he just doesn't know that there is an art to keeping one's mouth shut....

Here is another location I did instantly think about, the Carolina Panthers.

Texecutioner
03-05-2009, 01:08 PM

The guy might not play this year. Only a desparate edge-of-the-playoff contender would sign him, and it would be right before the deadline, well into the season just as an added weapon for the playoffs. You wouldn't want T.O. on your team the whole year.

I suspect he will become The King of One-Year Contracts. A different team every year, like some hired gun out of a Wild West dimestore novel.

All of his drama, and his cute little things he would say and do in the media, has boiled down to him getting cut and likely not even having any interest from teams at all. And he probably STILL won't get the hint that he has big personality issues that are costing him, possibly even costing him HOF status.

What a sad and unfortunate story this guy's life has been. He was raised by his grandmother, and when he was a teenager he wanted to date this girl who lived across the street from him that he had seen for several years each day as they crossed paths. His grandmother told him he couldn't date her. he asked why. She said "Because she's your sister. Your daddy lives in that house across the street with her." I mean, seriously: His dad had been living across the street for years and nobody told T.O....nobody.

So, keep that bit of emotional and psychological scarring in the back of your brain when you make knocks on the guy. I am not "excusing" what he does, but I am saying that it is "understandable" considering that sort of trauma. it's well-documented that experiencing extreme emotional and psychological trauma as a child can actually STOP a kid from progressing & growing (emotionally and mentally). They stay frozen, in essence, in that time and place. We all have our baggage fromt he past. Learning that your dad willfully lives across the street and yet has not one thing to do with you? Roll that around in your head for awhile.

Not buying any of this GP. I have heard tons of horror stories from NFL athletes since I was a kid. TO is one of many athletes that have had bad memories as a child. None of that excuses all of the garbage he has done. He is a grown man and has gone out of his way to hurt a lot of other team mates and to embarrass them in every way that he could. He has done it with coaches as well. He calculates his moves and ways of getting to people and to the media. The guy doesn't get one single ounce of sympathy from me. He is a pathetic slime ball that that cares about no one but himself.

WWJD
03-05-2009, 01:18 PM
I think Terrell is probably misguided...probably is too honest at times...with his own viewpoints whether they be right or wrong.

He's not afraid to say what he thinks...as I said whether it be right or wrong...and he rubs people the wrong way when it's really not necessary.

He's just a very complex, complicated man.

Brando
03-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Are the Cowboys waiting for a trade offer?

It’s a known fact that the Dallas Cowboys tried to trade safety Roy Williams before cutting him, calling multiple teams and getting no interest.

This time around, could it be that the Cowboys have delayed announcing the decision to cut the player in order to try to finagle a trade market?

By waiting to announce the move, the Cowboys might be hoping that a team that would like to acquire his services will call up and make an offer.

Though he’s going to be released in any event, in some cases a team will make a trade in order to get the contract. With Owens owed only $5.77 million in compensation this year (which is roughly half the amount of the franchise tender at the receiver position) maybe someone would offer a draft pick in order to secure T.O. without having to write a big bonus check.

And although we’re listing the various teams who have said, on the record or otherwise, that they’re not interested in Owens, we’ve been saying for years that 31 teams can say no — and that it only takes one to say yes.

In the case of conjuring a trade market, it only takes two to say maybe.

So who might actually be interested? Some readers have suggested that Chiefs G.M. Scott Pioli could give Owens the same “one-strike” arrangement that Randy Moss received in New England two years ago. The only problem? Todd Haley is the head coach, and like so many other coaches throughout the league Haley has a history with Owens that would prompt Haley to prefer pounding nails with his foreheard to having Owens on the team.

The Broncos make some sense, if Brandon Marshall ends up missing a big chunk of the year as a result of his most recent arrest.

The Raiders will continue to loom as a possibility until owner Al Davis says otherwise.

The Jets continue to intrigue us, given the need to replace Laveranues Coles — and the importance of selling popcorn and PSLs.

The Colts have one of the only quarterbacks who would tell T.O. to shut the f–k up when he whines for the ball.

The Pats would make sense for the guy who likes to wear No. 81, but only if there already wasn’t a pretty good receiver there who wears that jersey.

The Bucs could be in play, if/when they get a quarterback whom Owens deems worthy of dropping his passes.

Speaking of dropped passes, the Jaguars are always looking for a few capable receivers.

pft (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/05/are-cowboys-waiting-for-a-trade-offer/)

Texecutioner
03-05-2009, 01:37 PM
pft (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/05/are-cowboys-waiting-for-a-trade-offer/)

The Jags, Vikes, and the Chiefs would be his best destination and teams that could really use him.

Personally I hope he rots in Oakland.

Mr teX
03-05-2009, 01:55 PM
SF.....cancer; Qb problems
Philly..cancer; Qb problems
Dallas.cancer; Qb problems

Seriously If anyone else gives this bum another shot, they deserve what happens to them once his parasitic tentacles take hold of their locker room.

Now i'll just sit back & watch Micheal Irving / Deion Sanders pacify him in an interview while watching him whine & explain to them why he's 'misunderstood"; utterly disgusting:gun:

WWJD
03-05-2009, 01:59 PM

Seriously If anyone else gives this bum another shot, they deserve what happens to them once his parasitic tentacles take hold of their locker room.

Now i'll just sit back & watch Micheal Irving / Deion Sanders pacify him in an interview while watching him whine & explain to them why he's 'misunderstood"; utterly disgusting:gun:

Don't watch..Michael and Deion are both good friends of TO's so it's understandable that they'd be in his corner.

He will get another chance. I'm just convinced of that. Several posters have tossed out teams that need a receiver.

Texecutioner
03-05-2009, 02:29 PM

You know it's coming.

SheTexan
03-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Some major TV station will pay him mega bucks for having diarrhea of the mouth!! THANK GOD for the mute button!!

SacredSunday
03-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Dallas Cowboy's Drama: Making Houston the preferred Texas team since 2002.

Specnatz
03-05-2009, 02:58 PM
The Jags, Vikes, and the Chiefs would be his best destination and teams that could really use him.

Personally I hope he rots in Oakland.

Yeah two HC who were offensive coordinators that had to deal with TO will bring him in?

:spit:

dickieb
03-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Smart move.

Now - watch that billionaire hillbilly take two steps back by trading up to the top 10 and taking Crabtree.

Oh no you didn't! You're wrong Colonel Sanders, mama says Crabtree is going to be the man in the NFL - you just wait and see.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw this story about the cowgirls moving up to get him. Unlike you I think he was a great college receiver and will be an awesome NFL receiver. Only time will tell about my red raider - Wes Welker turned out alright.

GP
03-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Not buying any of this GP. I have heard tons of horror stories from NFL athletes since I was a kid. TO is one of many athletes that have had bad memories as a child. None of that excuses all of the garbage he has done. He is a grown man and has gone out of his way to hurt a lot of other team mates and to embarrass them in every way that he could. He has done it with coaches as well. He calculates his moves and ways of getting to people and to the media. The guy doesn't get one single ounce of sympathy from me. He is a pathetic slime ball that that cares about no one but himself.

I think I specifically said "It's not EXCUSABLE but it is UNDERSTANDABLE."

Based on what I've read, he distrusts everybody. And it's easy to see why. He doesn't need anybody's sympathy. But you might reserve your anger for the grown man who did what he did to Terrell. T.O. didn't have a choice in the hand he got dealt, and sometimes I think our upbringing has a lot to do with who we are as adults. He's not "over" his early-life troubles because he completely kills any positive relationship he has.

Should we use our shortcomings as a crutch? Nope.

But it sure helps a person see why others will do what they do. His behavior is not compatible with the inherent make-up of a team sport. He'd be a great individual sport athlete. Anywhere where others have to depend on him being rational and stable, is going to be disappointed. He's on a mission to make sure HE destroys others before they destroy him.

This is not an attempt to excuse what he's doing. I wouldn't go within 200 miles of the guy, nor would I even venture to strike up a relationship with the guy. I'm just saying that the guy is jacked up. Gifted, but very jacked up. Appears to turn things around for a short spell, but then messes it all up.

I guess I'm at a stage where I can genuinely say that I wish the guy all the happiness in the world. Because he's not finding it up to this point. I thank God I had average, normal, every-day parents--who had flaws--but who were still there for me.

Vinny
03-05-2009, 03:35 PM
I figured TO was gone when they picked up Williams and his contract.

Texecutioner
03-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah two HC who were offensive coordinators that had to deal with TO will bring him in?

Yeah good point. Forgot that Childress was in Philly at the time and especially Todd Haley who absolutely hated TO.

I wouldn't count out Childress though, mainly because he has one last season to try and keep his job and make a real run at it.

Mr teX
03-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Yeah good point. Forgot that Childress was in Philly at the time and especially Todd Haley who absolutely hated TO.

I wouldn't count out Childress though, mainly because he has one last season to try and keep his job and make a real run at it.

Sage getting put on blast by TO, that'd be hilarious!

Goldensilence
03-05-2009, 03:54 PM

I don't think Childress' job is on the line this year.

Specnatz
03-05-2009, 04:03 PM

They gave him a contract exstention when they traded for him.

10/14 Roy Williams signed (five-year contract extension).
Roy Williams traded (for 1st, 3rd and 6th round picks in 2009).

http://www.nfl.com/teams/transactions?team=DAL

Texecutioner
03-05-2009, 04:16 PM
I don't think Childress' job is on the line this year.

Childress has been on the hot seat for the last two seasons. He has only made the playoffs once since he has been there and took a gamble with Tavaris Jackson. Childress was close to being fired this year. Make no mistake about it, if the Vikes don't go far into the playoffs this season CHildress is out of there.

StarStruck
03-05-2009, 04:23 PM

I think a lot of this was set in motion back when he made the "joke" about Jessica. Before then, it appeared that he and Romo were pretty cool. I also looked at the Williams deal, Romo shying from his appearances at Benefit for Kids that TO hosts annually, yes I know there were injuries, but 15 minutes to pop in, didn't buy it, as handwriting on the wall. Finally the locker room confrontation was probably the straw that broke the camels back.

I also doubt the cut came as a surprise to TO even though he appeared that he was going through life as usual. If three quarters of the football world believed that he would be cut, he doesn't strike me as being that far out in la la land to not be working on his Plan B.

WWJD
03-05-2009, 04:27 PM
I think a lot of this was set in motion back when he made the "joke" about Jessica. Before then, it appeared that he and Romo were pretty cool. I also looked at the Williams deal, Romo shying from his appearances at Benefit for Kids that TO hosts annually, yes I know there were injuries, but 15 minutes to pop in, didn't buy it, as handwriting on the wall. Finally the locker room confrontation was probably the straw that broke the camels back.

I also doubt the cut came as a surprise to TO even though he appeared that he was going through life as usual. If three quarters of the football world believed that he would be cut, he doesn't strike me as being that far out in la la land to not be working on his Plan B.

I doubt Tony will ever say anything other than the company stance...I cannot be sure what their relationship is but I don't think Tony will ever say much about it.

Hervoyel
03-05-2009, 04:38 PM

Fine. I shed a tear for T.O. and his tortured past.

It makes no difference in the big picture. I still don't sign him to a contract. I still don't want him on my team tearing my locker room up and turning all of my players against one another.

All it means is that instead of saying "What an asshat he is, to hell with him" I say "You should really get some help and I hope things turn out well for you when you do". Then I say "No, I'm sorry I don't want you on my football team." and keep on walking.

Texecutioner
03-05-2009, 04:45 PM
I doubt Tony will ever say anything other than the company stance...I cannot be sure what their relationship is but I don't think Tony will ever say much about it.

Tony doesn't like the guy. Why would he? TO did to him what he has done to every other QB. Only this time he tried to turn other WR's against TOny and those naive fools on the team actually bought into it. Witten and TO even had to be seperated because of all the termoil that TO was causing and I guarantee you that Witten was probably sticking up for Romo as well. I highly doubt that Romo likes TO at all.

WWJD
03-05-2009, 05:01 PM
I don't know if Tony likes TO or not...I'm pretty sure he won't say anything.

StarStruck
03-05-2009, 10:20 PM

Official statement:

"Official Statement
I want to thank Jerry Jones, Coach Phillips and the Dallas Cowboys for the opportunity to be a member of the team for the past three years.

A big thanks to the fans -- you've been awesome! I look forward to the upcoming season and continuing to play in the NFL.

I would like to extend my thoughts and prayers to the families of Marquis Cooper, Corey Smith and William Bleakley."

TerrellOwens.com

HoustonFrog
03-05-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm so happy about this. I really think this will help Romo improve as a QB. No matter what is said, I think it was in his head that TO always wanted the ball. I mean some games it was forced to him and when it was spread around there were whispers. That has to stay with you. Now he needs some QB coaching.

WWJD
03-05-2009, 10:41 PM
I'd see what Jerry Rhome is up to these days...he was Troy's savior.

He and Norv and we know Norv isn't going to help Tony.

TexansSeminole
03-05-2009, 11:51 PM
TO back in SF? I was thinking that he might fit there.

ATX
03-05-2009, 11:54 PM
So what does TO think about being cut?

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/terrell_owens_crying.jpg

GuerillaBlack
03-06-2009, 12:07 AM

My thoughts exactly.

Spled
03-06-2009, 01:50 AM
If you're a coach that brings him in, you have to be ok with him screaming in your face on the sidelines several times a year. You've got to be ok with him doing the same with your quarterback and your offensive coordinator. You've got to be ok with answering endless questions about whether T.O. is getting his touches and whether he's happy or not. Is he really that good that it's worth dealing with that all year?

Txn_in_FL
03-06-2009, 09:34 AM
If you're a coach that brings him in, you have to be ok with him screaming in your face on the sidelines several times a year. You've got to be ok with him doing the same with your quarterback and your offensive coordinator. You've got to be ok with answering endless questions about whether T.O. is getting his touches and whether he's happy or not. Is he really that good that it's worth dealing with that all year?

No, you don't. What you have to do take care of the situation whether it's through fines or not starting him or having him sit. If it works out, great. If not, there are ways to screw with a player to make him understand what won't be tolerated.

There are steps you can take and one of them is definitely not to just stand there and take it with no repercussions to be handed out.

GP
03-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Fine. I shed a tear for T.O. and his tortured past.

It makes no difference in the big picture. I still don't sign him to a contract. I still don't want him on my team tearing my locker room up and turning all of my players against one another.

All it means is that instead of saying "What an asshat he is, to hell with him" I say "You should really get some help and I hope things turn out well for you when you do". Then I say "No, I'm sorry I don't want you on my football team." and keep on walking.

I don't think ANY team should sign him to a contract.

He's clearly showing that he doesn't know how to co-exist with teammates. Whatever temporary gain he brings a team, it eventually turns into a long-term liability for that team.

One of the ESPN commentators said it best: Just when it looks like he turns things around, just when times get good, he goes and screws it up. I think it was Tom Jackson who said that.

He doesn't know how to relax and just let things go. It's like someone else inside him takes over and won't allow harmony within the organization. Almost a fear of success or something.

No team should sign him. He needs to find an outlet for his energy that won't involve other people in his lifestyle of relational destruction. Just my .02

WWJD
03-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Well he has the money to retire and live a very comfortable lifestyle.

He's on the wrong side of 30. Might be the best option for him although he's already said in his statement that he wants to continue to play.

JWarren14
03-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Rumor is he was spotted @ the Nashville airport with his agent....maybe a Titan...who knows.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/06/titans-actually-in-the-mix-for-to/

Grams
03-06-2009, 12:39 PM
He should do well in Tenn.

A cry-baby wide receiver to go with a cry-baby quarterback.

Brandon420tx
03-06-2009, 12:54 PM
The WWE...

Hervoyel
03-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Rumor is he was spotted @ the Nashville airport with his agent....maybe a Titan...who knows.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/06/titans-actually-in-the-mix-for-to/

I don't want him in football much less in the AFC South but if he had to come to this division I can't think of a team I'd rather watch him tear to pieces than the one Nashville. They don't throw the ball enough to make him happy and if they start then Collins is going to become a pick machine like he always does when everything rides on his arm. Then Turd will start crying about how much better they'd be if the coaches would just "unleash Vince". Of course Vince is going to latch on to that and who knows, maybe even Bud will get involved and order his prized Longhorn onto the field. Hilarity ensues.

I'd really enjoy seeing that happen. I'd love to see it happen. I take back everything I said about wanting him out of football. I want him on the opening day roster of the Tennessee Titans.

GP
03-06-2009, 02:25 PM
I don't want him in football much less in the AFC South but if he had to come to this division I can't think of a team I'd rather watch him tear to pieces than the one Nashville. They don't throw the ball enough to make him happy and if they start then Collins is going to become a pick machine like he always does when everything rides on his arm. Then Turd will start crying about how much better they'd be if the coaches would just "unleash Vince". Of course Vince is going to latch on to that and who knows, maybe even Bud will get involved and order his prized Longhorn onto the field. Hilarity ensues.

I'd really enjoy seeing that happen. I'd love to see it happen. I take back everything I said about wanting him out of football. I want him on the opening day roster of the Tennessee Titans.

Now that's a pretty good wish to have.

Everything you said? Would happen. Undoubtedly it would.

I think the Titans were a flash-in-the-pan last year. Outside of their running game, they offer no threat to a defense. They've lost Haynesworth whom I think might have been the overall "force" on their defense.

If we can't win the AFC South this season, well...I'm not going to say it.

But "Yes," let's hope Buddy Adams thinks he loves him some T.O.

El Tejano
03-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Hope he implodes that team.

El Tejano
03-06-2009, 03:44 PM
if he hated being in a offense where he didn't get the ball. He's going to hate Jeff Fisher's run first team.

I also wonder how he will mix with Milli-Vanilli too.

threetoedpete
03-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Hope he implodes that team.

I think Mr Snyder already started that snow ball to rolling down the Moutain.

Texecutioner
03-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Anyone who wants Tennessee to get more talent at any position is crazy. I don't want the Titans to get better anywhere. They're in our division and I want us to win the division. I don't care about some vendetta to the point that I want them getting better players.

Polo
03-06-2009, 04:42 PM
I don't want TO in our division...

I'm sorry, but he makes the Titans a better team...

He may end up destroying their chemistry, but everywhere TO has been he's produced and made offenses better....If he happens to "get it" this time, that makes it even worse....

Texecutioner
03-06-2009, 04:47 PM

He may end up destroying their chemistry, but everywhere TO has been he's produced and made offenses better....If he happens to "get it" this time, that makes it even worse....

Totally agreed. Why would anyone want him there to make their offense a whole lot better? How silly. He may tear their team apart but he won't do in his first season. He won't get a long contract, so he'll know just about as far as he can push it. Of course he'll implode eventually, but we're not near a good enough team to be acting cocky where we want teams getting HOF calibur WR's that can still play. No way do I want him on the Titans.

GlassHalfFull
03-06-2009, 04:48 PM
I agree with all of you that don't want TO going to the Titans. But my mind can't help straying to thinking of all the problems that could occur with VY throwing it TO. Emotional ones that is. Can't you just see TO complaining about VY not getting the ball to him, and the subsequent VY meltdown.

Actually, the bookies could put up a line on who would melt down first. :specnatz:

TimeKiller
03-06-2009, 05:07 PM
When was the last time T.O. helped his team to a playoff win?

Yeah, I'm alright with TO to the Titans. It fits the team name, didn't someone say he lived across from his sister and thought she was purrrrty, hyuck?

We could just take it easy on them and blow their stadium up...

CloakNNNdagger
03-06-2009, 06:25 PM
The most likely teams left to have been home for this sociopath, the Raiders and the Bucs, are reported by their cities' rags to have rejected that possibility hands down. Things are tough when the Black and Silver flush you down the crapper.:mcnugget:

GuerillaBlack
03-06-2009, 06:50 PM
I hope TO finds a new team.

Specnatz
03-06-2009, 06:54 PM

I hope he doesn't. He is a worthless piece of crap.

GuerillaBlack
03-06-2009, 06:57 PM

texanhead08
03-06-2009, 10:50 PM
I can't see him getting enough balls to be happy in possum holler.

Hookem Horns
03-07-2009, 12:28 AM

I personally don't think you can have a good "team" without good chemistry. More talent doesn't mean better team or more wins. I think he would make them a worse team despite making them more talented. However how much talent TO still has is debatable. I saw him dropping a lot of balls last season. Of course with Collins or VY throwing to him he won't have many chances to drop balls.

mexican_texan
03-07-2009, 01:04 AM

Does he? Remember the Browns game where Braylon Edwards dropped a lot of crucial passes that could have won them the game? TO is right behind him in catches. Part of the reason he was cut is his unreliable hands. You can say Edwards had an off year, but TO's hands have been getting worse with time. He's not the same guy he was in Philly or even his first year in Dallas.

CloakNNNdagger
03-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Sports Center (http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=terrell%20owens%20funny&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#q=terrell+owens+cartoon&hl=en&emb=0) [Scroll down on the left and see the article designated THE CYCLE: T.O.] has just revealed that T.O. has finally found his new team. T.O.'s response is excitement. His new team's response is somewhat tempered.

disaacks3
03-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Sports Center (http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=terrell%20owens%20funny&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#q=terrell+owens+cartoon&hl=en&emb=0) [Scroll down on the left and see the article designated THE CYCLE: T.O.] has just revealed that T.O. has finally found his new team. T.O.'s response is excitement. His new team's response is somewhat tempered. The scariest part of that is I could almost see it playing out. That's just truly sad. When did the NFL lose control and make this into the 'players game' that it is today?

WWJD
03-07-2009, 04:55 PM
There are reports floating around that the Bills might be interested...I also read the Dolphins but I can't imagine that since Bill and Terrell never spoke according to Terrell.

He'll end up somewhere. He's older...a pain in the arse...but he's too talented for some team not to take a risk.

GuerillaBlack
03-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Titans.

Specnatz
03-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Titans.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/Sign-TitansSuck.gif

brakos82
03-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Bills according to BSPN Radio.

Ckw
03-07-2009, 05:56 PM
According to John Clayton, T.O. has reached a one year agreement with the Buffalo Bills.

It is now posted on ESPN.com. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3960653

Sal Rosenberg
03-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Great.:spit:

GuerillaBlack
03-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Yep. TO is on the Bills. LOL.

Specnatz
03-07-2009, 06:02 PM
PT Barnum was right, there is a sucker born every day.

Showtime100
03-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Wow. This will get funny. Schizo team for a schizo guy.

StarStruck
03-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Great! I wish him all the best.

GuerillaBlack
03-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I saw this about twenty minutes ago and was just like "what?! why Buffalo?!". I think it's funny.

mexican_texan
03-07-2009, 06:26 PM
They can finally make the jump from 8-8 to 9-7.

WWJD
03-07-2009, 06:28 PM
I hope he does well...he needs to rein in his personality if that is possible...don't think it is but I don't think he is a bad person at all. Just very misguided.

So much for the Raiders being the only team that would take him!

Maddict5
03-07-2009, 06:38 PM
They can finally make the jump from 8-8 to 9-7.

as we're finding out, thats a pretty tough jump to make lol

the bills wouldnt have been on his radar imo if any decent (big market) teams had come knocking... he'll crucify edwards imo

mexican_texan
03-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Oh dear God, I hope we don't turn out like the Bills. They've been 8-8 for a long time.

However, the big difference between us and them is that we don't put out the same team every year. This is the most radical thing the Bills have done since they decided to make the Buffalo on their helmet have a stripe.

False Start
03-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Really........ the Balls. :heh:

And in other news, he is still a dumb ass.

JayCee
03-07-2009, 07:30 PM
my thoughts are with you Trent

GP
03-07-2009, 07:34 PM
LOL.

Like I said: He will become The King of One-Year Contracts.

And so it has begun....

Señor Stan
03-07-2009, 07:43 PM
One thing keeps coming to mind for me...

The Moulds Thread (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20305&page=41)

The Texans have come such a long way as a franchise. 3 years ago, when Kubiak first came on board, a trade for Eric Moulds with Buffalo for a 5th rounder garnered 2015 posts. Two thousand and fifteen posts.

Now, we have so much depth at the WR position, not a single poster suggested we bring in T.O.

Good times.

SheTexan
03-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Well, that's one way of shipping him off to Canada!:heh:

Don't think he'll deal with that kind of cold very well. Maybe he'll freeze his lips shut!!

Specnatz
03-07-2009, 08:10 PM

Don't think he'll deal with that kind of cold very well. Maybe he'll freeze his lips shut!!

:user: HaHa I like it.

CloakNNNdagger
03-07-2009, 08:12 PM

If the cold won't do it, I guarantee the New York press will!!

gtexan02
03-07-2009, 08:18 PM
I wonder if this means Losman is back in for Buffalo. Edwards just doesn't throw downfield enough to satisfy a guy like Owens

GuerillaBlack
03-07-2009, 08:23 PM
I wonder if this means Losman is back in for Buffalo. Edwards just doesn't throw downfield enough to satisfy a guy like Owens

Which makes me wonder why he would even sign with them.

Old School
03-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Which makes me wonder why he would even sign with them.
I think it is because none of the better teams came calling. I would like to see what the numbers are. I have a feeling that his agent told him to take the one year deal and keep his mouth shut. Prove that he can catch a ball again and then next year go for the big money elsewhere.

mattieuk
03-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Wow, just wow. I really did not think that he'd be ending up in Buffalo. Its really quite funny...he'll be even less productive than last year, and have no one to moan at.

This is my spin on things. TO gets double teamed, Edwards see this, looks at a Lee Evans who is one on one, hits him, time and time again, Evans hits a 1,400 yard receiving season, TO moans his face off, and the circle is complete, free agency again next year.

edo783
03-07-2009, 08:40 PM
A key point that may have played into this ONE year signing is that TO has historically played well for the team the first year he is with them, the next year or two........not so much. So if history hold true, Bills may be OK with him THIS year.

WWJD
03-07-2009, 09:47 PM
He's what 36? Realistically how many more years would he have anyway?

I don't imagine he has too many more "1 year contracts" left in him. At the most what one more maybe after this year?

mexican_texan
03-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Teams are going to realize that even Jerry Rice wasn't effective late in his career. This is TO's last payday.

DiehardChris
03-07-2009, 10:30 PM
I love how his agent said they had multiple suitors and tons of interest - then he signs with a non-playoff, non-high profile team with a sketchy quarterback situation, and for only a one-year deal - after one visit.

Yeah, Drew - tons of interest, I'm sure.

PapaL
03-07-2009, 10:46 PM
All things aside, I think TO got screwed on this one. Very fitting since he's normally the one doing the thrusting.

Watch him have a monster year and folks will be calling him up next year.

stingray
03-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Teams are going to realize that even Jerry Rice wasn't effective late in his career. This is TO's last payday.

Jerry Rice averaged nearly 8 TD's and 1000 yards a season from age 36-40. I think that's pretty much pro-bowl numbers. But then again, you are talking about the best reciever of all time and a top five player at any position ever. But T.O. is only 36. I think T.O. has a couple of good seasons left.

Specnatz
03-07-2009, 10:56 PM
All things aside, I think TO got screwed on this one. Very fitting since he's normally the one doing the thrusting.

Watch him have a monster year and folks will be calling him up next year.

How did he get screwed? Like every team he is on the locker room was split and in fighting. TO takes the young guys and puts them against the QB. It is amazing it is never his fault but it happens on every team he is on.

PapaL
03-07-2009, 11:02 PM
How did he get screwed? Like every team he is on the locker room was split and in fighting. TO takes the young guys and puts them against the QB. It is amazing it is never his fault but it happens on every team he is on.

Compared to TO of old, last years TO was tame. Is he outspoken and gets on people's nerve? Absolutely. His behavior wasn't over the top. There are so many other probably issues in Dallas. I don't buy that TO was/is the main issue there. Seems to me like he's being made out to be the scapegoat. Guess we shall see how the team is better w/o him next year.

mexican_texan
03-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Compared to TO of old, last years TO was tame. Is he outspoken and gets on people's nerve? Absolutely. His behavior wasn't over the top. There are so many other probably issues in Dallas. I don't buy that TO was/is the main issue there. Seems to me like he's being made out to be the scapegoat. Guess we shall see how the team is better w/o him next year.
He dropped a lot of catches in critical situations. He's not a great WR anymore.

PapaL
03-07-2009, 11:34 PM
He dropped a lot of catches in critical situations. He's not a great WR anymore.

He's ALWAYS dropped balls; I never said he was great.
The team as a whole played like crap and underachieved.

HoustonFrog
03-07-2009, 11:37 PM

Completely disagree. He is not the only issue but people need to look beyond the sideline. Sure it looks like he is just a competitive guy when he gets mad on the sidelines or that he wants to win when he is intense. But none of this takes into account that he splits locker rooms with his constant talk. It has happened in SF, in Philly and in Dallas. At EVERY stop there has been a TO faction and a non-TO faction. He IS a leader in that way. He always recruits. The young guys follow and *****. Vets who are new follow. He may actually speak some truths but is it needed?And Romo. You would be a fool to not think it isn't in his head. One game TO gets too many balls. Another not enough and the media knows it. That gets in a QBs head. Now I'm not defending Romo..he has been a wuss this year and makes boneheaded plays but I think TO is pat of this. TO works hard and plays hard but he recruits hard too.

The Bills are perfect. He will be stuck in the cold with no real QB and will do nothing.

Ryan
03-08-2009, 12:09 AM
I like what someone said earlier about Lee Evans. He could be a big sleeper pick in FF next season.

CloakNNNdagger
03-08-2009, 10:32 AM
The Bills are perfect. He will be stuck in the cold with no real QB and will do nothing.

.............except *****.

CloakNNNdagger
03-08-2009, 10:37 AM
A key point that may have played into this ONE year signing is that TO has historically played well for the team the first year he is with them, the next year or two........not so much. So if history hold true, Bills may be OK with him THIS year.

Excellent point, except that he is likely to LESSEN his value for the season after next, due to the fact that the Bills offer an excellent environment for T.O. to go crazy.

ObsiWan
03-08-2009, 11:17 AM

Seems to me that this immediately puts three people on the hot seat in Dallas... Jason Garrett, Tony Romo, and Roy Williams. There's no T.O. to blame offensive mishaps on now. It's put-up-or-shut-up time for the Cowboy offense.

GuerillaBlack
03-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Seems to me that this immediately puts three people on the hot seat in Dallas... Jason Garrett, Tony Romo, and Roy Williams. There's no T.O. to blame offensive mishaps on now. It's put-up-or-shut-up time for the Cowboy offense.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc80/mrpinellas/2rxtjit.gif

gary
03-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Anyone hearing Lee Evans on ESPN just now about TO? He likes this signing I know he has to say that but I don't think he really does but I might be wrong.

GuerillaBlack
03-08-2009, 11:36 AM
I saw the press conference with TO being introduced and he did not look interested at all. Kind of depressed. I would to going from the Cowboys to Bills.

gary
03-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Evens was the number one so why would he like this? Now it's all going to be about TO.

GuerillaBlack
03-08-2009, 11:54 AM
He likes it because now he'll be more open? Do you think AJ would like it if TO came and gave him more wide open shots (though, it'll definitely probably be the reverse as AJ >>> TO).

Errant Hothy
03-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Well the game next season against the Bills certainly got more exciting.

gary
03-08-2009, 11:56 AM
He likes it because now he'll be more open? Do you think AJ would like it if TO came and gave him more wide open shots (though, it'll definitely probably be the reverse as AJ >>> TO).But also to have that cancer there.

GuerillaBlack
03-08-2009, 12:02 PM
I think calling TO the cancer has been overrated (and now a cliche) the past couple of years. He wasn't the main problem with the Cowboys.

mexican_texan
03-08-2009, 12:04 PM
"Why would you wish that upon us? I've got enough problems already."

--Bob McNair on TO in 2005

gary
03-08-2009, 12:14 PM
I think calling TO the cancer has been overrated (and now a cliche) the past couple of years. He wasn't the main problem with the Cowboys.He was a huge part though I'm just saying he kind of got to Romo.

Mailman
03-08-2009, 12:55 PM

I absolutely agree with this. The manner and degree to which the average fan has eaten up the sports media's conventional wisdom about Terrell Owens is a testament to the value of imitation. Say what you will about Owens, there's no disputing the man's talents. He is a top-15 WR. He can still play. Sure, he's a headcase but I think he was well-behaved in Dallas and became the pinata for no other reason than his reputation. Romo and that offense is going to struggle without him.

WWJD
03-08-2009, 01:08 PM
I absolutely agree with this. The manner and degree to which the average fan has eaten up the sports media's conventional wisdom about Terrell Owens is a testament to the value of imitation. Say what you will about Owens, there's no disputing the man's talents. He is a top-15 WR. He can still play. Sure, he's a headcase but I think he was well-behaved in Dallas and became the pinata for no other reason than his reputation. Romo and that offense is going to struggle without him.

Totally disagree. He earned that reputation by being the way he is.

He'll be remembered for being a troublemaker as much as anything he does on the field. Obviously when he's done he'll go down as one of the greatest at his position of all times. But people will always remember that he was a total headcase. And that's more than reputation. That's just fact.

Too bad for him. I think he's probably a very nice man away from football and that environment.

Mailman
03-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Totally disagree. He earned that reputation by being the way he is.

He'll be remembered for being a troublemaker as much as anything he does on the field. Obviously when he's done he'll go down as one of the greatest at his position of all times. But people will always remember that he was a total headcase. And that's more than reputation. That's just fact.

Too bad for him. I think he's probably a very nice man away from football and that environment.

He is to blame for what happened in Philadelphia, but not Dallas. Jerry Jones is to blame for hiring a lackey coach and grasping for star names to pair with the star on the helmet, eschewing team chemistry in the process. TO happens to be everyone's favorite scapegoat and Jerrah took advantage of that.

PapaL
03-08-2009, 01:26 PM
He is to blame for what happened in Philadelphia, but not Dallas. Jerry Jones is to blame for hiring a lackey coach and grasping for star names to pair with the star on the helmet, eschewing team chemistry in the process. TO happens to be everyone's favorite scapegoat and Jerrah took advantage of that.

That is the truth.

Who was the easiest target? The guy writing the checks or the guy with a history? The guy who still tries to be an NFL God but is merely an Armchair QB w/deep pockets.

No one denies TO's past, it was not however his current behavior.

The Pencil Neck
03-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Sure, he's a headcase but I think he was well-behaved in Dallas and became the pinata for no other reason than his reputation. Romo and that offense is going to struggle without him.

Well, I thought he was doing OK, until he gathered up a group of the receivers and went to Jason Garrett to complain that Romo and Witten were conspiring against the receivers to take receptions away from the wideouts. That Romo and Witten were changing plays so that Witten would get the ball.

That was a big controversy up here in Dallas.

From what the local Dallas guys were saying, TO was probably the strongest leader in the locker room and the problem was that he was leading people the wrong way. There was a rift between the Romo/Witten camp and the TO camp.

Errant Hothy
03-08-2009, 01:38 PM

So going to the press and accusing Romo and Witten of staying up at night, drawing up plays to purposly exclude TO from the offense isn't over the top?

Hervoyel
03-08-2009, 01:51 PM
From the moment I heard this the only thing that's been going through my mind has been "Those poor people in Buffalo. What did they do to deserve all of this?"

Seriously, their team is going to spend half it's time pretending to be the Toronto Bills, they live in Buffalo for crying out loud, and now they have to put up with Terrell Owens crap for a year.

Talk about kicking some fans when they're down. The only good thing about all of this is that he'll blow up before the end of the year in a place like Buffalo and so their time with him will be short.

Specnatz
03-08-2009, 02:20 PM
I think calling TO the cancer has been overrated (and now a cliche) the past couple of years. He wasn't the main problem with the Cowboys.

That is just it he was doing well, until he signed the contract extension in the offseason. As soon as he got that deal this season was all about him and whining about not getting the ball. Like TO says if it walks like an asshole, looks like an asshole, and acts like an asshole, he must be an asshole.

I simply can not fathom how anyone could give this worthless sloth any benefit of the doubt.

PapaL
03-08-2009, 02:35 PM
So going to the press and accusing Romo and Witten of staying up at night, drawing up plays to purposly exclude TO from the offense isn't over the top?

Not when it's partial truth.

How do you not get your main playmaker the ball?

IMO, there was/is some truth to his statement. Even other people on the team and made admitted as much.

Specnatz
03-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Not when it's partial truth.

How do you not get your main playmaker the ball?

IMO, there was/is some truth to his statement. Even other people on the team and made admitted as much.

How about getting the guy that is open the ball and the one who will not drop it. You do realize that Wes Welker gets the ball more than Randy Moss don't you? But the team wins more games than any TO team ever has.

Mailman
03-08-2009, 03:56 PM
How about getting the guy that is open the ball and the one who will not drop it. You do realize that Wes Welker gets the ball more than Randy Moss don't you? But the team wins more games than any TO team ever has.

Randy Moss is every bit the malcontent that TO is but Moss happens to be in a better situation with a coach who can rein him in and a team with natural leaders on both sides of the ball. Remember what Moss did in Minnesota and Oakland? Now he's a choir boy? Riiiight.

Cmon, guys. The weight the media puts on Terrell Owens as a "team cancer" is disproportionate to reality, and fans are slurping it up without properly apportioned blame. The Jerrah/Wade/Garrett thing is a foogin mess. I'm not oblivious to the liabilities TO brings to a team, but I also know the guy can play the WR position with the best of them. He is not a natural leader who will routinely defer to others for the good of the team, but the Cowboys knew that going in. They didn't have the right structure in place to make it work. If they didn't have that balance of chemistry and leadership with TO they sure as hell won't have it now that he's gone.

CloakNNNdagger
03-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Randy Moss is every bit the malcontent that TO is but Moss happens to be in a better situation with a coach who can rein him in and a team with natural leaders on both sides of the ball. Remember what Moss did in Minnesota and Oakland? Now he's a choir boy? Riiiight.

Cmon, guys. The weight the media puts on Terrell Owens as a "team cancer" is disproportionate to reality, and fans are slurping it up without properly apportioned blame. The Jerrah/Wade/Garrett thing is a foogin mess. I'm not oblivious to the liabilities TO brings to a team, but I also know the guy can play the WR position with the best of them. He is not a natural leader who will routinely defer to others for the good of the team, but the Cowboys knew that going in. They didn't have the right structure in place to make it work. If they didn't have that balance of chemistry and leadership with TO they sure as hell won't have it now that he's gone.

Even if that were true, you don't expect to add vomit to feces and get a better product.:tiphat:

PapaL
03-08-2009, 04:24 PM

You do realize that Brady is a way better QB than Romo too. As is his OL, HC, DC and OC.

What's your point? They guy voiced his opinion while they were losing and they moved on. It was an "issue" for a week or two tops...until they won again then all was forgotten.

PapaL
03-08-2009, 04:26 PM

This pretty much sums up my feelings toward this particular situation.

Regardless of how anyone feels about TO he is one of the better WRs out there...even w/the baggage he brings.

leebigeztx
03-08-2009, 04:27 PM
TO is still a very good player, but he's like milk. He only lastso long before he spoils. From now to the end of his career, he's a mercenary. His bonus days are over as far as that. I wish the titans wouldve offered a weekly roster bonus contract like what Pat Kirwin always talks about. Divide 8m into 17 weeks and that's what he would make. Give him a 2 yr contract like that and everyone is happy.

Mailman
03-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Tennessee would be a better team with him than without him, so I am relieved that he signed with the Bills and not the Titans.

HoustonFrog
03-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Completely disagree. He is not the only issue but people need to look beyond the sideline. Sure it looks like he is just a competitive guy when he gets mad on the sidelines or that he wants to win when he is intense. But none of this takes into account that he splits locker rooms with his constant talk. It has happened in SF, in Philly and in Dallas. At EVERY stop there has been a TO faction and a non-TO faction. He IS a leader in that way. He always recruits. The young guys follow and *****. Vets who are new follow. He may actually speak some truths but is it needed?And Romo. You would be a fool to not think it isn't in his head. One game TO gets too many balls. Another not enough and the media knows it. That gets in a QBs head. Now I'm not defending Romo..he has been a wuss this year and makes boneheaded plays but I think TO is pat of this. TO works hard and plays hard but he recruits hard too.

I just like quoting myself and repeating things....especially when it is my team and especially when you read the inner turmoil updates weekly in inside sources. All of you making excuses for him really don't get the concept of a split locker room over one guy constantly talking. AND to get something straight...he ISN'T their main weapon. Their main WEAPONS were/was TO, Witten, Roy Williams, Marion Barber and even their other WRs to some extent. They won plenty when TO got 3 catches and 25 yards. The fact that his stats were even discussed after every win is a problem. Even if his words sounded true it makes guys take sides. Wait....wasn't there a McNabb faction and a TO faction....oh yeah....and wasn't there a Garcia/Mariucci faction and a TO faction....oh yeah..there was. What is the one constant?I forgot..he is misunderstood. Give me a break. Always the victim.

Brando
03-08-2009, 10:44 PM
I just like quoting myself and repeating things....especially when it is my team and especially when you read the inner turmoil updates weekly in inside sources. All of you making excuses for him really don't get the concept of a split locker room over one guy constantly talking. AND to get something straight...he ISN'T their main weapon. Their main WEAPONS were/was TO, Witten, Roy Williams, Marion Barber and even their other WRs to some extent. They won plenty when TO got 3 catches and 25 yards. The fact that his stats were even discussed after every win is a problem. Even if his words sounded true it makes guys take sides. Wait....wasn't there a McNabb faction and a TO faction....oh yeah....and wasn't there a Garcia/Mariucci faction and a TO faction....oh yeah..there was. What is the one constant?I forgot..he is misunderstood. Give me a break. Always the victim.

Give me Barber and Witten over TO anyday.

HoustonFrog
03-08-2009, 11:14 PM

Exactly. I'm a big fan of more talent sharing the duties. A win is a win whether the different studs shine one week or help in smaller ways another

Specnatz
03-08-2009, 11:22 PM

Exactly. I'm a big fan of more talent sharing the duties. A win is a win whether the different studs shine one week or help in smaller ways another

A true super star does not need to ***** about getting the ball. See; Fitz and AJ

GP
03-09-2009, 01:31 AM
10 pages devoted to T.O.

I'd say whether you take him, or leave him, he's got a lot of people talking.

Too bad that's what his legacy will be. There is going to be a weird vibe on that Bills team this year. T.O. doesn't even "fit" there.

I smell the Bills taking a QB in the first round. Fresh meat for T.O.

mexican_texan
03-09-2009, 01:40 AM
They're committed to Trent Edwards. He led them to a 5-0 start, then got hurt.

HOU-TEX
03-09-2009, 10:27 AM
1 year deal so I think the Bills will be ok. But, I wouldn't extend him after this season no matter what. Even if he goes off with AJ type numbers, let him go. Otherwise, the true TO will show. :gun:

Texecutioner
03-09-2009, 12:00 PM

It must be a weird day when you and I are agreeing Frog. Especially when it comes to the Cowboys. Lol!

You're exactly right on this. How anyone could spin TO's actions over the years is incredible. He completely brought down the Cowboys this season. Sure there was other problems, but he was trying to turn other playerse against each other and successfully doing it. His own team mates said that he was unapproachable and many figured that TO would try and fight them if they said certain things to him or criticized his actions in any way. That is totally being a team cancer. It isn't easy for any QB to play at a high level when you know in your head that your main WR is chatting to other WR's and constantly nagging at you the way TO does.

And yeah you're right and many people forget about all of the weapons that the Cowboys have outside of TO. Witten is a 1,000 yard WR at the TE position. Barber is good all over the field and in the passing game and now Felix Jones is going to start going nuts as the starter. I don't think Roy Williams will ever be the WR that people think he will, but between him Miles Austin, Crayton, and Hurd the Cowboys don't have a bad WR core at all. They've still got a pretty a good one and now everyone can concentrate and focus without the cancer of TO trying to corrupt everyone and put extra pressure on the situation. The Cowboys just did the most important thing they needed to do to get their team back on track.

El Tejano
03-09-2009, 01:18 PM
I thought Romo dropped the field goal snap against Seattle. I also thought Romo was the one that went on vacation prior to his playoff game against the NY Giants in which he threw some costly INTs and the Dallas D didn't tackle Amani Toomer. Better yet, I thought the Dallas D was pretty good at tackling but couldn't tackle a Baltimore RB, not once but twice. How could TO do this to The Cowboys?

I didn't know it was TO.

Polo
03-09-2009, 01:25 PM
McCalin was on the radio this morning and he said that he had talked with N.D. Kalu about his time with TO in Philly.

N.D basically said that when TO first arrived he was very charismatic, he worked extremely hard and all of the guys liked him. Then he said once he gained their trust he'd start making little comments about how certain players couldn't do certain things, or how their abilities were diminishing...ect...

I don't think TO tries to wreck teams or goes into situations trying to sabatoge players, but he obviously hasn't figured how not to.

Texecutioner
03-09-2009, 01:30 PM
I thought Romo dropped the field goal snap against Seattle.

Okay, I'll give you that. Don't forget that Romo was the QB that got them there though that season. Bledsoe wasn't playing well at all for them and when Romo came in the offense instanty got better and that was when TO really started to go off that season because he had a slow start.

I also thought Romo was the one that went on vacation prior to his playoff game against the NY Giants in which he threw some costly INTs and the Dallas D didn't tackle Amani Toomer.

So what. Players go on vacations all of the time like he did when there is a lay off like that. The media just needed a story to create, so they used that garbage because Simpson was involved. Funny how until this day the media brings that up and still doesn't ever bring up how Witten was on that same vacation and most people who reference it aren't even aware of that. What would you rather have Romo doing, hanging out all over Dallas and getting the typical distractions of the city or go to a quiet vacation where he can relax for a few days and get away from the other distractions and get his mind right for the next game since they had a bye? I don't see why going to Mexico would have been a distraction at all. And again, it wasn't just Romo there, it was him and Witten. The fact that the media left Witten out of all this is only further proof that they knew it was a BS story, but wanted to make it juicy and make it just about Romo and Jessica. So lame, and typical of the garbage media that we have.

Better yet, I thought the Dallas D was pretty good at tackling but couldn't tackle a Baltimore RB, not once but twice. How could TO do this to The Cowboys?

I didn't know it was TO.

Where were you that entire weak leading up to that game where there were multiple team mates who spoke out against TO's presence in the locker room and mentioned how he was trying to turn players against one another causing internal conflict? Obviously you didn't hear about him and Witten having to be separated before the game in the locker room because of it. Did you not watch one Cowboys game this season, and see TO berading team mates all over the sidelines like he was their coach or something? Gee, I don't ever see Andre Johnson doing that to other Texans players. Oh, and I also take it that you missed TO publically criticizing his coordinator Garrett on tv who was the same coordinator that just last season TO acted like was a magician at calling plays, but yet this year he throws him under the bus just like he has with all of his offensive coaches.

Geez, I could go on and on with all of the stuff he pulled all season. Hilarious how his supporters will always deny his dispicable actions towards his team mates and coaches.

Mr teX
03-09-2009, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=Mr teX;1134218]

QUOTE]

This

There was a point in his career when it didn't make sense to part ways with the guy under any circumstances; At age 36, 3 teams & 4 coaches later, it seems that his play on the field is always being overshadowed by his locker room / off the field antics. I understand where Jauron is coming from (trying to save his job etc.) but u never want that as a coach.

I feel for Trent Edwards. i wonder what the spectrum of emotions were like when he found out TO was coming to town.....:jumpbanan.....:thinking:...:crying:

CloakNNNdagger
03-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Do you really think that he cares anything about anyone other than T.O.???
This was T.O. then..............his colors haven't changed........except those of his uniforms.

http://www.oddjack.com/wp-content/owens_christmas.jpg

WesmanTexanfan
03-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Good Luck to him, i hope he figures it all out. Now that he isn't with the cowboobs I dont mind his success....

Texan4Ever
03-09-2009, 09:40 PM
T.O. reminds me of a quote, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." Hopefully, he can get his act together and use his talents instead of wasting them.

CloakNNNdagger
03-15-2009, 12:13 PM
This is one Buffalo News sports writer attempt to make an analogy of the Bills being the patron at a restaurant choking on a steak and being offered T.O. to apply the Heimlich maneuver.......or die. First of all, the Bills are already dead, and for whatever it good it would do, the Heimlich could have been substituted for a bite of a nice peanut butter sandwich. Nevertheless, if T.O. were to offer his "talent," he would have to first figure out how he could apply his skill without messing up his $5,000 designer suit.

With Bills Choking, Owens Easy to Digest (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/608132.html)