PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Lions Defense

Texan4Ever
03-03-2009, 11:01 PM
I was just wondering what defense the Detroit Lions have been running or will be utilizing under new head coach Jim Schwartz? I think they were running a Tampa 2 but I dunno if that was the system. It seems they have/had the players needed for a Tampa 2 considering there undersized LBs (most are 225-lbs and are barely 6'0" with the exception of Paris Lennon).

Anyways...if you were the HC how would go about revamping the D?

TimeKiller
03-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Totally.

I'd start by drafting Curry #1 overall, best defensive guy at 20 (or whatever their 2nd pick is) maybe like Michael Johnson or another LBer

Blake
03-04-2009, 07:56 AM
I think they run the cover 2.

They need an upgrade at alot of positions. OLB, ILB, DE, FS, CB. They have signed Eric King and Anthony Henry to play corner and still have Ernie Sims who is ok but from what I hear not what he should be at this point.

They really need help at all three level's and im not sure how to do that in one year without ignoring their offense which also needs alot of help.

bah007
03-04-2009, 08:45 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they try to get Anthony Henry to play FS.

Blake
03-04-2009, 08:50 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they try to get Anthony Henry to play FS.

Totally agree if they can get FA Jabari Greer, or Vontae in the draft.

painekiller
03-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Like Timekiller said I start by drafting Curry, and at 20 a stay away from question marks like Michael Johnson. Instead I might go LB again, James Laurinaitis might be the perfect fit.

2nd round Might have to go OC, Mack or Unger might be there. Or I might go after Robert Ayers at the 33 pick.

Right now Detroit is void of talent, and they need to add football players, they have to go BPA and not worry about position. I would not draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round. They need to build from the middle out on offense and defense.

Now I would not have cut Kitna, I would have let him take the sacks until i get the OL in place.