PDA

View Full Version : Jason Taylor Released!

JWarren14
03-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Jason Taylor released by Redskins after he did not agree to workout provisions...just got a text from ESPN...

TEXANS84
03-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Hmm, thought it would have been a good tandem...Taylor/Haynesworth.

Ckw
03-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Yeah apparently he hasn't had a very good attitude. Ever since that Dancing with the Stars thing he hasn't seemed to care about football.

Mr teX
03-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Yeah apparently he hasn't had a very good attitude. Ever since that Dancing with the Stars thing he hasn't seemed to care about football.

& that's the funny thing about all this crap with him lately. Usually those type of shows have C list celebrities & also-rans trying to get 1 last shot at reviving their careers. It seems like he's tried to use his appearance to jump start an acting career; He's battling The Rock & John Cena for those low budget action hero movies & he's losing badly.

SheTexan
03-02-2009, 05:13 PM
& that's the funny thing about all this crap with him lately. Usually those type of shows have C list celebrities & also-rans trying to get 1 last shot at reviving their careers. It seems like he's tried to use his appearance to jump start an acting career; He's battling The Rock & John Cena for those low budget action hero movies & he's losing badly.

Hummm! Emmett Smith, Jerry Rice, Big boy Warren Sapp, C list celebrities?! Tell them that.

TexansFan33
03-02-2009, 05:15 PM
LOL looks like Taylor's money went to Haynesworth!

Showtime100
03-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Hummm! Emmett Smith, Jerry Rice, Big boy Warren Sapp, C list celebrities?! Tell them that.

Maybe not C list in the sports world, but in the lala Land Of Poodles (little french dogs too) that is Hollywood, yeah, pretty much C list.

whiskeyrbl
03-02-2009, 05:51 PM
And no we don't need him.

J-Russ
03-02-2009, 06:33 PM
And no we don't need him.
Who knows, maybe he can teach Dunta and the rest of our defense how to dance better. Those routines they pulled at the Bengals game was horrid.

SheTexan
03-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Maybe not C list in the sports world, but in the lala Land Of Poodles (little french dogs too) that is Hollywood, yeah, pretty much C list.

Yes, that is very true. They have people on this year I have never heard of. I'm not sure they even make the C list! lol Guess we'll see if Lawrence Taylor can shake a leg like his NFL buddies.

4Texans
03-03-2009, 11:37 AM
And the Skins gave away 2 draft picks for him. I believe a 2nd rd this year, and a 6th next year. Ouch!

Looks like he may end up with Tampa.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/03/bucs-could-pursue-jason-taylor/

Joe Texan
03-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Did he take his walker with him

WolverineFan
03-03-2009, 12:40 PM
I guess this means the Cowboys will be adding a new player to their roster soon. :chickendance:

Jk, but in all honesty while we have a need for a solid pass rusher we have no need for Taylor. He still thinks he's hot stuff and will want to get paid and we just paid Antonio Smith. Mario & Taylor sounds like a good combination, but Taylor's career is winding down and I have a feeling he is a year or two from retirement.

WesmanTexanfan
03-03-2009, 01:02 PM
I guess this means the Cowboys will be adding a new player to their roster soon. :chickendance:

Jk, but in all honesty while we have a need for a solid pass rusher we have no need for Taylor. He still thinks he's hot stuff and will want to get paid and we just paid Antonio Smith. Mario & Taylor sounds like a good combination, but Taylor's career is winding down and I have a feeling he is a year or two from retirement.

Id still offer him a 1 or 2 year deal, with a rotation like that(Smith, Williams, Taylor) we could almost put anyone behind them. I love Defense and I think Taylor still has somthing to offer, I dont know what the hell the redskins are thinking, just let the man chill. He and Albert would have been nasty....

Im sure the Texans arn't looking at him too hard though...