PDA

View Full Version : What would you think about a Texans/Schaub - Broncos/Cutler Trade ?

nunusguy
03-01-2009, 11:55 AM
A frustrated Jay Cutler said he thinks his days in Denver are numbered, and he feels betrayed.

"My understanding at this point is they're trying to trade me," Cutler said Saturday. "We'll see where I end up at. I liked it here, I liked playing with these guys, but obviously they're not going to let me have that opportunity."
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11810112
The new Denver GM is trying to move Cutler according to this story in the Denver Post. Wonder if Kubiak & Smitth would be interested ? BTW, I'm sure we have to part with more than Schaub to get the rifle-armed Cutler if we
were interested ?

Norg
03-01-2009, 12:04 PM
nawww scahub proved he was fine to keep when he

- was not 100% and played in GB when it was freezing and Help won the game

- came back from a 10 point lead aganist Chicago with ease

anywayz Matt is are guy intill he screws up .....

Mailman
03-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Why would we want to do this?

steelbtexan
03-01-2009, 12:10 PM
If I needed a QB like Detroit I would be burning up the phone lines.

San Francisco or the Jets.

If I'm the Jets my 1st offer would be 1st & 2nd this year & a 2010 1st

Franchise QB's that have NFL expierence & are in their prime very rarely become available.

I wonder what McDaniel doesn't like about Cutler?

Do you think the Tacks wish they would have traded for Cutler instead of re-upping Collins?

texanmojo
03-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Not just no...but hell no.

If Schaub is healthy...he's a heck of a lot better QB than Cutler. No need to rebuild at this position.

eriadoc
03-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Bad idea, IMO. Cutler is going to be a top 5 QB in the NFL for a while, and I don't see Schaub reaching that level. Still, what you'd have to give up to get Cutler is not worth it when you have a pretty good QB in Schaub. Also, you always have to consider injury potential. Any player in the NFL can get seriously injured, but it hurts worse when you've sunk so much into a player (as we know here).

WesmanTexanfan
03-01-2009, 12:16 PM
A frustrated Jay Cutler said he thinks his days in Denver are numbered, and he feels betrayed.

"My understanding at this point is they're trying to trade me," Cutler said Saturday. "We'll see where I end up at. I liked it here, I liked playing with these guys, but obviously they're not going to let me have that opportunity."
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11810112
The new Denver GM is trying to move Cutler according to this story in the Denver Post. Wonder if Kubiak & Smitth would be interested ? BTW, I'm sure we have to part with more than Schaub to get the rifle-armed Cutler if we
were interested ?

I like schaub, but if it happened Id be all like "hell ya!"....

you guys is redonkulous, Cutler is a Beast! Match him up with Dre and OD, DAMN!!!!!!!! Unstopable, if the Texans got that offer they wouldnt think twice...

Edit: It definatly depend on what we give up though. But if we are talking straight up Schaub for Cutler, no doubt...

Maddict5
03-01-2009, 12:26 PM
ive liked cutler since his rookie season but i wouldnt even entertain doing it.. while not in the same league in terms of arm strength, schaub is smarter (imo) and a better leader cutler tends to sulk and mouth when things dont go well.

schaub is a top 5/10 qb (again imo) once he stays healthy

Thorn
03-01-2009, 12:34 PM
I'd rather keep Schaub.

WesmanTexanfan
03-01-2009, 12:56 PM
ive liked cutler since his rookie season but i wouldnt even entertain doing it.. while not in the same league in terms of arm strength, schaub is smarter (imo) and a better leader cutler tends to sulk and mouth when things dont go well.

schaub is a top 5/10 qb (again imo) once he stays healthy

Cutler has proven to get it done all season, and he put up alot of yards at that. I think schaub can emerge as an Elite and am not all dissapointed with him taking snaps, I would just like to see what jay could do here with what we have and his on field attitude...

Grams
03-01-2009, 12:59 PM
No and No and No.

Ole Miss Texan
03-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Cutler is one of my favorite QBs in the league and I'd love him on the Texans. With that said I like Schaub a lot and would rather just keep him.

rarazz00
03-01-2009, 01:30 PM
I think Cutler is stud w/a cannon arm and is somnewhat mobile...As much as I like him, I cant see trading Schaub and then some for him. We gave two 2nd rd. picks for Schaub, and it wouldn't be wise to give all that up, plus more equity of our team for the big splash of Cutler. We've made good strides in our offense and I don't wanna risk breaking these strides for Cutler and anything else the Bronco's want in that "Care Package"..besides Kubiak and or Smith may not be here next year if we don't progress, so they'll continue w/the continuity of the offense and build upon that and jump start the Defense that is lacking.:fans:

The1ApplePie
03-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Twice the talent of Schaub with a better attituide and durability.

I don't see anything where Schaub is superior to Cutler

Culter just isn't a fit for the spread that McDaniels runs

Maddict5
03-01-2009, 01:35 PM

better attitude? please

The1ApplePie
03-01-2009, 01:40 PM
better attitude? please

If you like a swagger in your QB, then hell yes!

Some fire from the QB position would do miracles

LonerATO
03-01-2009, 01:45 PM

I don't think you will see McDaniels running any kind of spread in Denver. The reason that was used as much as it was in NE was the the fact that NE's running game blows and they needed a way to make sure that Moss could get separation or allow him to get double teamed. Denver will have a better running game and you could also see NE drafting a good running back to take pressure off Brady and the rest of the O. I'm not saying you didn't know that, I just feel that they wont be always running spread offense. I also agree with what you said about Cutler being fired up and ready to talk trash and take it to the opposing team. Schaub just seems to laid back at times and never seems ready to just jack someone.

sbalderrama
03-01-2009, 01:48 PM
I don't see Cutler moving from Denver but who knows. Cutler has alot of talent but also an immature attitude. I think he's just being a bit of the petulent whiney brat at the moment.

That said, Cutler under Kubiaks tutelage has the talent to be a hall of famer. Of course you make that trade, if nothing else AJ wouldn't be slowing down to catch long balls.

The1ApplePie
03-01-2009, 01:51 PM
I don't think you will see McDaniels running any kind of spread in Denver. The reason that was used as much as it was in NE was the the fact that NE's running game blows and they needed a way to make sure that Moss could get separation or allow him to get double teamed. Denver will have a better running game and you could also see NE drafting a good running back to take pressure off Brady and the rest of the O. I'm not saying you didn't know that, I just feel that they wont be always running spread offense. I also agree with what you said about Cutler being fired up and ready to talk trash and take it to the opposing team. Schaub just seems to laid back at times and never seems ready to just jack someone.

I think with all the weapons in Denver on the outside and the total lack of RB talent, McDaniels will run the spread. He did so without Brady in 2008. I think they are trying to find their Wes Welker right now

mussop
03-01-2009, 02:07 PM
I think with all the weapons in Denver on the outside and the total lack of RB talent, McDaniels will run the spread. He did so without Brady in 2008. I think they are trying to find their Wes Welker right now

They already did. His name is David Anderson.

V3rm0nt3r
03-01-2009, 03:08 PM
no thanks.

this offense was ranked third last year why would you want to change the QB that brought you there?

Fox
03-01-2009, 03:31 PM
I like Cutler but I'm happy with what Schaub has done here and don't want to start all over with a new guy. We had one of the best offenses in the league last year with Schaub, no sense fixing what ain't broke.

rollinstone18
03-01-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm a Schaub fan, but I'll take Cutler.

Cutler and Andre would be unstoppable.

sbalderrama
03-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Cutler and Andre would be unstoppable.

Cutler/Johnson would scare the hell out of every secondary in the NFL. Andre would be looking at 2000 yards.

Mailman
03-01-2009, 04:31 PM
The advantage Cutler has in arm strength is negated by his lack of maturity and decision-making skills. The guy is very gifted physically, but he's a dummy. Schaub's progress over the last year tells me we already have the better quarterback. You can have Cutler, I'll stick with Matt.

Second Honeymoon
03-01-2009, 05:35 PM
The advantage Cutler has in arm strength is negated by his lack of maturity and decision-making skills. The guy is very gifted physically, but he's a dummy. Schaub's progress over the last year tells me we already have the better quarterback. You can have Cutler, I'll stick with Matt.

he's an extremely booksmart/IQ guy but he does make stupid decisions on the football field though. i don't care if the dude knows the periodic table up and down, if he throws into coverage all the time, he isn't that smart of a QB.

It would be an interesting move though. I think Denver's owner needs to grab the reins on this one because this reeks of a panic move as did the Shanahan firing. It is almost without question that Denver took a step backwards this offseason and thats even with the Dawkins signing.

Denver had one of the best coaches in the league, a young and talented QB, and they play in the worst division in the AFC. They weren't that far away and their offense wasn't the reason they missed the playoffs in 2008. I guess some people don't know what they got till its gone. Methinks they are going to have a hard time this year with or without Cutler.

As for Cutler coming to Houston, I wouldn't mind it but I know Schaub would. Schaub would have to be traded if Cutler was brought in and although Cutler has superior measurables, Schaub has proven that he can read a defense better, has NFL quality playaction fakes, and has the competitive fire you want in a QB. His only problem has been health. They both have their pluses and minuses but I think doing anything like trading schaub and trading for Cutler just stops our momentum. The offense, though flawed, was productive and was not the reason the Texans failed to have a winning season. Let's fix the defense and give the whole team 2009 to see what they can do before we start blowing up the most important position on the team.

Pantherstang84
03-01-2009, 05:39 PM
he's an extremely booksmart/IQ guy but he does make stupid decisions on the football field though. i don't care if the dude knows the periodic table up and down, if he throws into coverage all the time, he isn't that smart of a QB.

It would be an interesting move though. I think Denver's owner needs to grab the reins on this one because this reeks of a panic move as did the Shanahan firing. It is almost without question that Denver took a step backwards this offseason and thats even with the Dawkins signing.

Denver had one of the best coaches in the league, a young and talented QB, and they play in the worst division in the AFC. They weren't that far away and their offense wasn't the reason they missed the playoffs in 2008. I guess some people don't know what they got till its gone. Methinks they are going to have a hard time this year with or without Cutler.

I'm with ya. I regard Shanny's firing as one of the bonehead moves of the year.

ObsiWan
03-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Denver would have to throw in a second day pick (4th-5th) to sweeten the pot. Otherwise, why would I mess with the chemistry Schaub has established over the past two years?

Grams
03-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Here we go - no Sage to throw around against Matt - so you have to bring in someone new. Nice fans we have here. Can't seem to support the QB we have so lets just get someone else. We had one of the best offenses in the NFL and now you want to bring in a different QB. Why can't we just show support for what we have?

PHAROAH
03-01-2009, 06:11 PM
This won't happen but if the Bronco's did want to trade him for Matt Schaub I would trade for Cutler in a heartbeat are you kidding me!!! Schaub has shown a lot of potential and is getting better as a QB but Cutler has been in the league much shorter time than matt and has made it to his first pro-bowl already. Jay Cutler has that toughness and confidence about him that few QB's in the NFL have and Matt Schaub doesn't have it at this point in his career. Jay Cutler all day even though this trade will never happen.

The1ApplePie
03-01-2009, 06:39 PM

It depends on the style of QB you like. Cutler is from the Favre/Romo mold of gunslingers. High-Risk, High-Reward guys. Not a fit for the spread at all Schaub fits that system more. I guess since the Broncos took Cutler, he must match their old system pretty well.

Nighthawk
03-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Only a dopey individual would pass up the opportunity to get a great QB like Cutler for a so-so QB like Schaub. But why on earth would Denver do something like this?

WesmanTexanfan
03-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Only a dopey individual would pass up the opportunity to get a great QB like Cutler for a so-so QB like Schaub. But why on earth would Denver do something like this?

Thats about how I feel...

Mailman
03-01-2009, 08:49 PM
You guys might wanna take a quick look at this list of quarterbacks (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&season=2008&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go) and see where Schaub's name appears relative to Jay Cutler.

WesmanTexanfan
03-01-2009, 08:57 PM
You guys might wanna take a quick look at this list of quarterbacks (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&season=2008&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go) and see where Schaub's name appears relative to Jay Cutler.

Ya, but in Denver he WAS there offense...

Matt has Steve, Daniels, Walter, and Johnson....

Im not discreditinng Schaub, i like him, but straight up for Cutler would be hard to pass up...

euro-Texan
03-01-2009, 09:04 PM
This thread is ridiculous...

gtexan02
03-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Ya, but in Denver he WAS there offense...

Matt has Steve, Daniels, Walter, and Johnson....

Im not discreditinng Schaub, i like him, but straight up for Cutler would be hard to pass up...

Denver has Marshall and Royal, two receivers who compare quite well with AJ and Walter

Mailman
03-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Denver has Marshall and Royal, two receivers who compare quite well with AJ and Walter

They also have a quality TE in Scheffler.

GP
03-01-2009, 09:11 PM
This thread is ridiculous...

Word.

This is never going to happen. Not even a remote possibility.

Gary can't manage timeouts and challenges, let alone blood sugar testing.

Mailman
03-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Im not discreditinng Schaub...

yeah, you kinda are.

WesmanTexanfan
03-01-2009, 09:23 PM
yeah, you kinda are.

My Choices:

A. You are right schaub is better.

B. You are stupid, shut up.

C. What I meant to say is that both guys can get it done but jay has proven to stay healthier.

Mailman
03-01-2009, 09:41 PM
My Choices:

C. What I meant to say is that both guys can get it done but jay has proven to stay healthier.

This crap again?

Sure, Jay Cutler's knee would be beat Jared Allen in an arm-wrestling contest and his iron jaw would beat Drayton Florence across the face. Whatever.

Cutler is a baby who makes poor decisions. Cutler's more gifted physically, but at this point in his career I like Schaub because he uses his skull muscle more effectively than the mouthy gunslinger from Vanderbilt.

PHAROAH
03-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Matt is a good player when he is on the field and that is the problem keeping him on the field. You can't always go by stats all of the time when comparing players, Jay Cutler is a leader when he is on the field and your can see that. Matt isn't a leader and that is difference between the two players plus Jay has that cannon that god gave that very few players have in this league.

Hooston Texan
03-01-2009, 09:54 PM
My Choices:

Staying healthy is the only thing that Cutler has done better than Schaub the last two seasons. But good health is only one knee-shot away from going up in smoke.

Cutler's record the last two seasons: 15-17. Schaub's: 10-12 [though, if he was a starting pitcher, his record would be 10-10 as Sage would have gotten the loss in both Tennessee games in 2007]. Schaub's QB rating is higher, his yards per attempt was much higher and their TD and interception ratios are pretty close. And all that was done in a far weaker division than the one we play in.

Cutler is more mobile and has a howitzer, but I believe strongly that Schaub is the better QB for what we do. Kubiak has complete trust in him, which is why we dealt Rosenfels. Why throw that away now? The Broncos are the team in a pickle: they've just needlessly irritated their QB and set up a terrible lockerroom situation for the incoming regime. No reason for us to start all over again at the most important position to bail them out.

Mailman
03-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Matt is a good player when he is on the field and that is the problem keeping him on the field. You can't always go by stats all of the time when comparing players, Jay Cutler is a leader when he is on the field and your can see that. Matt isn't a leader and that is difference between the two players plus Jay has that cannon that god gave that very few players have in this league.

B.S.

If the Texans offensive starters read this, especially after the Green Bay and Tennessee games, I'd bet they'd say you're FOS. Leadership doesn't depend upon the on-field spasms you're likely to see from players like Rivers and Cutler.

Buffi2
03-01-2009, 09:58 PM
No period. End of discussion.

PHAROAH
03-01-2009, 10:21 PM
B.S.

If the Texans offensive starters read this, especially after the Green Bay and Tennessee games, I'd bet they'd say you're FOS. Leadership doesn't depend upon the on-field spasms you're likely to see from players like Rivers and Cutler.Dude you are blowing a gasket over a stupid trade that will never happen and yes it is my opinion that Matt Schaub isn't a leader he is a QB that has been in the NFL for what 5 or 6 seasons now and Jay Cutler has only played 3 NFL season and is already a pro-bowl NFL QB and you are trying to say that schaub is better man please give me a break. Demeco Ryans is the leader of the Texans in my humble opinion and don't get me wrong Matt Schaub has put up very good numbers when he is healthy but how many games has he won as the QB? Matt had issues with beating out a career back up in Sage Rosenfels so please just calm down dude no one is dogging out schaub.

Norg
03-01-2009, 10:56 PM
u guyz soon forget Cutler and Denver where not so hot last year ....

Schaub plays in a muchhhhhhh more tougher divison

Mailman
03-02-2009, 12:28 AM
Dude you are blowing a gasket over a stupid trade that will never happen and yes it is my opinion that Matt Schaub isn't a leader he is a QB that has been in the NFL for what 5 or 6 seasons now and Jay Cutler has only played 3 NFL season and is already a pro-bowl NFL QB and you are trying to say that schaub is better man please give me a break. Demeco Ryans is the leader of the Texans in my humble opinion and don't get me wrong Matt Schaub has put up very good numbers when he is healthy but how many games has he won as the QB? Matt had issues with beating out a career back up in Sage Rosenfels so please just calm down dude no one is dogging out schaub.

My post wasn't addressing a hypothetical trade that we all agree will never happen. My post was addressing your incredibly wrong opinions of Matt Schaub.

Issues beating out Sage? What in the world are you talking about? He has always always always been the starting quarterback since the day they traded for him. And how do you reconcile those issues you allege with "dude no one is dogging out schaub?"

You are.

Dude, just stop it. As TO so eloquently put it: that's my quarterback.

PHAROAH
03-02-2009, 05:40 AM
My post wasn't addressing a hypothetical trade that we all agree will never happen. My post was addressing your incredibly wrong opinions of Matt Schaub.

Issues beating out Sage? What in the world are you talking about? He has always always always been the starting quarterback since the day they traded for him. And how do you reconcile those issues you allege with "dude no one is dogging out schaub?"

You are.

Dude, just stop it. As TO so eloquently put it: that's my quarterback.Incredible we all have opinions and I just haven't seen enough from Matt where I'm just head over heels with him like some others are. That's how I feel and I am sticking to it. I hope that he can play a full season this year for the sake of the team but I wouldn't miss him if he was traded to Denver but again that will never happen so mailman let it go man it's just MY OPINION even if you don't like it get over it!!!!!!

Grams
03-02-2009, 06:10 AM
I sure am glad some of you are not running the Texans.

Matt starts out slowly against the Steelers and all of a sudden here comes the start Sage threads.

We end up the year with a top offense and a QB rated amoung the best and now you want to get rid of him for a QB rated a whole lot lower. Sage is gone so let's get someone else to throw in our QB's face.

Cutler is an arrogant p____. You may like someone with what you call "fire". But that is a sign that he is out of contol and throws temper tamtrums like a 2 year old.

Give me someone who can calmly lead the offense down the field with 2 min left in the game to win it. We already have that, why go looking for something else?

Pantherstang84
03-02-2009, 07:15 AM
I sure am glad some of you are not running the Texans.

Matt starts out slowly against the Steelers and all of a sudden here comes the start Sage threads.

We end up the year with a top offense and a QB rated amoung the best and now you want to get rid of him for a QB rated a whole lot lower. Sage is gone so let's get someone else to throw in our QB's face.

Cutler is an arrogant p____. You may like someone with what you call "fire". But that is a sign that he is out of contol and throws temper tamtrums like a 2 year old.

Give me someone who can calmly lead the offense down the field with 2 min left in the game to win it. We already have that, why go looking for something else?

I'm with this guy. Rep.:texflag:

Hervoyel
03-02-2009, 07:44 AM
I'm leaning towards standing pat whitch Schaub. It's been a long couple of years since he arrived and the rest of the team is light years ahead of what we had the year before when Kubiak got here and tried to salvage Carr. I want to see where this goes. I want to know what Schaub is truly capable of doing. He got here and had a rough first season but showed flashes. He came back in his second year here and looked improved to me and finished up great. I would not trade him at this time for Cutler. I might regret that later but that's what I'd do today.

stingray
03-02-2009, 07:52 AM
I think it comes down to Shaub's health vs Cutler's maturity issues. If Schaub stays on the field then I would keep matt. But you can't deny Cutlers talent, but I would definitely worry what's between his ears. And also, Jay is two years younger than Matt, that's a little bonus.

ChampionTexan
03-02-2009, 10:31 AM
If (and I realize that it's a huge if) this is true, it tells you all you need to know about Cutler.

I heard one other interesting thing Sunday: Cutler asked for a trade shortly after the Broncos lost offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates -- Cutler's confidant -- to USC after the season. So maybe both sides need to go into marriage counseling here.

MMQ (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/03/01/freeagency/index.html)

Texecutioner
03-02-2009, 10:39 AM
I like schaub, but if it happened Id be all like "hell ya!"....

you guys is redonkulous, Cutler is a Beast! Match him up with Dre and OD, DAMN!!!!!!!! Unstopable, if the Texans got that offer they wouldnt think twice...

Edit: It definatly depend on what we give up though. But if we are talking straight up Schaub for Cutler, no doubt...

I totally agree. Shaub is nowhere near Cutler. Cutler has a much stronger arm, he is younger, he is waaay more mobile, doesn't have the history of injuries, and has way more potential.

I doubt anyone would want Shaub over Cutler in here if Shaub wasn't already a Texan. If Kubiak wants to go after Broncos cast aways this would be the guy to go after.

Hooston Texan
03-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Cutler is sounding like more of a drama queen than Brett Favre. Word now is that he DEMANDED a trade a couple of weeks ago. Per that rumor, the Cassel flirtation was the Broncos' alleged effort to comply. As the driver of the Matt Schaub Bandwagon, I admit my bias, but no way should we ditch Matt for a crybaby with a losing record who is fresh off of presiding over one of the biggest late-season collapses in NFL history. At least Favre accomplished a few things before trying to turn himself into a QB/GM.

Mailman
03-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Cutler is sounding like more of a drama queen than Brett Favre. Word now is that he DEMANDED a trade a couple of weeks ago. Per that rumor, the Cassel flirtation was the Broncos' alleged effort to comply. As the driver of the Matt Schaub Bandwagon, I admit my bias, but no way should we ditch Matt for a crybaby with a losing record who is fresh off of presiding over one of the biggest late-season collapses in NFL history. At least Favre accomplished a few things before trying to turn himself into a QB/GM.

I don't disagree that Cutler has a douchey streak to him, but I can't fault him for feeling disrespected by the new staff in Denver. Not many franchise quarterbacks are dangled as trade bait in the prime of their careers. One thing I really respect about Kubiak is his loyalty and faith in Matt Schaub. Kubes has been a consistent and adamant believer in #8 even when many fans were screaming for Sage. McDaniels really screwed up on this one.

The Pencil Neck
03-02-2009, 03:17 PM
I don't disagree that Cutler has a douchey streak to him, but I can't fault him for feeling disrespected by the new staff in Denver. Not many franchise quarterbacks are dangled as trade bait in the prime of their careers. One thing I really respect about Kubiak is his loyalty and faith in Matt Schaub. Kubes has been a consistent and adamant believer in #8 even when many fans were screaming for Sage. McDaniels really screwed up on this one.

There's a rumor going around that Cutler asked to be traded a couple of weeks ago and this was the FO's attempt to do that for him.

Mailman
03-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Does anyone else think that MMBQ quote from Peter King about Cutler supposedly demanding a trade is just Denver in damage control mode?

I can't imagine Cutler would be this angry if he really wanted to be traded.

Mailman
03-02-2009, 03:20 PM
There's a rumor going around that Cutler asked to be traded a couple of weeks ago and this was the FO's attempt to do that for him.

Eh, a brief "pssst" in a Peter King column isn't very substantial IMO. See above post.

The Pencil Neck
03-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Eh, a brief "pssst" in a Peter King column isn't very substantial IMO. See above post.

I wasn't sure where the rumor came from, I just saw that the rumor existed.

Being from Peter King, it's fallen from rumor status to something signficantly less reliable.

Big Lou
03-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Hell no!

JWarren14
03-02-2009, 03:35 PM
I don't want a whiner to play for the Texans, even if he might be a good player, I can't stand whiners...

PHAROAH
03-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Does anyone else think that MMBQ quote from Peter King about Cutler supposedly demanding a trade is just Denver in damage control mode?

I can't imagine Cutler would be this angry if he really wanted to be traded.Mailman you might be correct this definately sound like damage control the Bronco's really dropped the ball on getting a deal in place.

:thinking:

The1ApplePie
03-02-2009, 08:08 PM
This crap again?

Sure, Jay Cutler's knee would be beat Jared Allen in an arm-wrestling contest and his iron jaw would beat Drayton Florence across the face. Whatever.

Cutler is a baby who makes poor decisions. Cutler's more gifted physically, but at this point in his career I like Schaub because he uses his skull muscle more effectively than the mouthy gunslinger from Vanderbilt.

Schaub is too fragile to lead an NFL team. He took cheapshots... So what? So does every other QB in the NFL. Cutler takes a cheapshot and is ready to punch the guy in the mouth. Matt is more likely to try and get pulled from the game. I've never seen Cutler litterally affraid of a defense. Can't say the same for Schaub

Matt Schaub is a mediocre talent that bennefits from having the best WR in the NFL to throw to. He's basically a white Daunte Culpeper, an injury prone QB that looks better than he is thanks to his supporting cast.

infantrycak
03-03-2009, 10:41 AM
Schaub is too fragile to lead an NFL team. He took cheapshots... So what? So does every other QB in the NFL.

Really? Name all the other QB's who took fine inducing cheap shots last year.

Blake
03-03-2009, 10:44 AM

Edwards, Bollinger and Rodgers come to mind.

TimeKiller
03-03-2009, 10:52 AM

At least when Schaub came back he was still good.

Specnatz
03-03-2009, 11:14 AM

To the knee? Not once but twice.

Blake
03-03-2009, 11:47 AM
To the knee? Not once but twice.

No, but that wasn't the question.

Joe Texan
03-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Matt Schaub is a mediocre talent that bennefits from having the best WR in the NFL to throw to. He's basically a white Daunte Culpeper, an injury prone QB that looks better than he is thanks to his supporting cast.

Dude get off the QB, Matt is a solid Starting QB, and he has played behind a learning oline which was and still is at the bottom of the ranks of the NFL. We need a solid Back up for this team And I believe Gary will get what he needs. He thought he had that untill Reliant turned into a heloport. I get so sick and tired of you guys picking faults with our players when you couldn't coach a little league team.
Lets go Texans

Polo
03-03-2009, 12:19 PM
I honestly don't see why either party would make this trade.