PDA

View Full Version : Houshmandzadeh And His Agent..What A Dumb Azz/signs with Seattle

rarazz00
02-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Why angry Eagles won't sign Housh 08:35 AM ET Receiver T.J Houshmandzadeh has said that he'd like to play for the Eagles. But, as it turns out, the Eagles might not be interested. According to Derrick Gunn on Comcast SportsNet, the Eagles didn't react kindly to an effort by Houshmandzadeh to dupe the team into thinking that he was offering Philly a discount. After checking around, the Eagles reportedly learned that Houshmandzadeh's agent was actually asking for more money from the Eagles than from other teams. Per Gunn, the Eagles previously had little interest in Houshmandzadeh. The alleged bait-and-swtich routine ensured that the Eagles won't make a play for him.

Man he could have been an asset in Phili....Now he's just an Azz:cool:

GuerillaBlack
02-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Philly wants Boldin. I still think Philly is pretty stupid to let Dawkins walk. They should have kept Dawkins and tried to get Boldin or just move past the ass that Houshmanzadeh was acting and just sign him. McNabb needs a WR and has much of a headcase TO was, he was the only great WR that McNabb has had.

thunderkyss
02-28-2009, 08:50 PM
teams share with each other how much a player is asking??

That don't sound right. If I were "competing" for a particular Free Agent, and some GM asked me how much the Agent is asking, I'd low ball him.

"Yeah, Housh said he'll play for my pitiful team for league minimum."

Then that other team is going to make Housh a ridiculously low offer, he'll get mad, come to me, and I can get him cheap.

Xcellerator
02-28-2009, 09:13 PM
T.J. Whosyourmama is a darn good receiver though.
Probably go to the Vikes.

TEXANRED
03-01-2009, 01:13 AM
Its the Eagles loss

TexansFan33
03-02-2009, 12:19 PM
I hate the EAGLES after what they did to Donovan, all the Philly faithful or whatever they call themselves... I hope Mcnabb leaves and turns them into the modern day Lions. The Mcnabb curse begins!

Double Barrel
03-02-2009, 12:32 PM

That don't sound right. If I were "competing" for a particular Free Agent, and some GM asked me how much the Agent is asking, I'd low ball him.

Then that other team is going to make Housh a ridiculously low offer, he'll get mad, come to me, and I can get him cheap.

It doesn't sound right. It has shades of collusion, which is heavily frowned upon by the NFL front office.

gtexan02
03-02-2009, 06:11 PM
He's signing with Seattle

whiskeyrbl
03-02-2009, 06:16 PM
He's signing with Seattle
5 years / $40 mil 17.5 guaranteed

JWarren14
03-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Well now they aren't pressured to take Crabtree or reach on Heyward Bey, we will see what TJ does without an elite WR opposite of him. Good pick-up by the Hawks.

TexansFan33
03-02-2009, 06:44 PM
So is "Ocho" the man in Cincy now? I think with TJ on the hawks now, Hasselbeck becomes elite again.

toronto
03-02-2009, 06:52 PM
I won't call anyone that makes 17M guaranteed a dumbass.

Texecutioner
03-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Well now they aren't pressured to take Crabtree or reach on Heyward Bey, we will see what TJ does without an elite WR opposite of him. Good pick-up by the Hawks.

Uuumm, he didn't have an elite WR next to him this year. Chad Johnson was horrible this season.

dickieb
03-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Crabtree might fall a few spots - not enough to get to us though. Can you imagine Andre Johnson and Crabtree together? That would be sweet.

The Pencil Neck
03-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Crabtree might fall a few spots - not enough to get to us though. Can you imagine Andre Johnson and Crabtree together? That would be sweet.

That would be an upgrade over Mr. Anderson, I guess.

GuerillaBlack
03-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Yeah. I personally think Crabtree is overhyped, but we'll see. I know the guy that trained him throughout high school and parts of college. Crabtree actually came down a few times from Lubbock. The guy who trained him said he had an attitude problem but is getting better.

bah007
03-02-2009, 08:20 PM
The Cassel trade will force the QB's to fall and this signing will force the WR's to fall so we may get a defensive player that we covet at our spot.

thunderkyss
03-02-2009, 08:27 PM
With TJ in Seattle, Koren Robinson may become elite........

I know Hasselbeck is a fine QB. And Seneca Wallace did a good job while Hasselbeck was injured. But If I was the new coach of the 'Hawks, I'd be looking hard at that QB from Georgia.

bah007
03-02-2009, 08:28 PM
With TJ in Seattle, Koren Robinson may become elite........

I know Hasselbeck is a fine QB. And Seneca Wallace did a good job while Hasselbeck was injured. But If I was the new coach of the 'Hawks, I'd be looking hard at that QB from Georgia.

I actually expect Seattle to draft a young QB to develop in the first three rounds this year. I don't know about the first though.

GP
03-04-2009, 01:25 AM
What is up with that crazy story about Mora Jr. asking TJ to leave his expensive watch with him before TJ went on his visit to the Vikings?

That was very bizarre. Just give a dude your watch because he asked you to? Okie-dokie. :heart:

Here's the excerpt from the foxsports.com article (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9286002/Seahawks-sign-WR-Houshmandzadeh):

SEATTLE (AP) - T.J. Houshmandzadeh was stunned. He had no time to process that a guy he just met was asking him to hand over his custom-jeweled, multi-thousand-dollar watch.

"I respect you as a man and I think you should honor your commitment to go to Minnesota - but you need to take that watch off and leave it here as collateral," Seahawks coach Jim Mora told Houshmandzadeh on Saturday, just before the top wide receiver in free agency departed Seattle to follow through on his promise to visit the Vikings.

Houshmandzadeh dutifully handed his watch to his prospective new boss.

"I didn't even think about," he said. "I just took it off. I was so surprised."

Three stressful and sleepless days of indecision later, the former go-to guy for the Cincinnati Bengals got his watch back - along with a huge, five-year contract to be the centerpiece of Mora's revamped offense in Seattle.

"Had he chosen to go to Minnesota, I would have certainly and gladly mailed it to him. But I'm glad he came back to pick it up in person," Mora said with a wry smile.

Seriously. I feel like I am living in a freaking twilight zone with what is going on in this world.

One of the things that sealed the deal is that TJ and his kids got to ride in a float plane with the owner of the Seahawks. Apparently, that was "cool" and was "such a rush." I guess TJ didn't get to go on a Vikings party boat/pleasure cruise. LOL!

mexican_texan
03-04-2009, 01:34 AM
Go with Matt Hasselbeck and a weak NFC West? Or go to Tavaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels? The choice is pretty clear to me.

Double Barrel
03-04-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm glad TJ got out of the circus that is the Bengals organization. He is too good to waste his talent with them, IMO. Chad...errrr....Ocho, on the other hand, can get stuck there for the rest of his career for all I care.

HOU-TEX
03-04-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm glad TJ got out of the circus that is the Bengals organization. He is too good to waste his talent with them, IMO. Chad...errrr....Ocho, on the other hand, can get stuck there for the rest of his career for all I care.

That's the truth! I was checkin out their message boards when the Benson hoopla was going on and they're all doom and gloom. Apparently, they haven't been happy with their FO for some time now. Man, I feel sorry for their fans.

toronto
03-05-2009, 12:36 AM
That's the truth! I was checkin out their message boards when the Benson hoopla was going on and they're all doom and gloom. Apparently, they haven't been happy with their FO for some time now. Man, I feel sorry for their fans.

I don't...I still remember the pounding they gave the Oil back in the playoffs...I have a long memory....let em stay in the gutter....
:cowboy1:

hookinreds
03-05-2009, 12:59 AM

I'd love to see Cinci replace TJ with TO...that would rock.

TexanAddict
03-05-2009, 01:09 AM
I'd love to see Cinci replace TJ with TO...that would rock.

Cincy ended up replacing TJ with Coles earlier today.

ObsiWan
03-05-2009, 08:12 AM

yeah, sounds fishy to me too. If I were an opposing GM and I knew it would piss off the Philly GM enough that he'd pass on a weapon that's what I'd tell him too.

In the 'hood, its called "being played"

HOU-TEX
03-05-2009, 10:03 AM
I don't...I still remember the pounding they gave the Oil back in the playoffs...I have a long memory....let em stay in the gutter....
:cowboy1:

Ha. Yeah, I think that had more to do with Wyche and Glanville. Nowadays, I think the little rivalry was funny. Remember, Glanville ran it up on Wyche a time or 2 as well.

The Oilers, on the threshold of a divisional title last December, were humiliated by the Bengals, 61-7. Ahead by more than 30 points, Wyche ordered an onside kick, which his team recovered and relished as part of the drubbing. Afterward, Wyche said the message he had sent was solely for Glanville, whom he called "a phony."

Old School
03-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Ha. Yeah, I think that had more to do with Wyche and Glanville. Nowadays, I think the little rivalry was funny. Remember, Glanville ran it up on Wyche a time or 2 as well.

Quote:
The Oilers, on the threshold of a divisional title last December, were humiliated by the Bengals, 61-7. Ahead by more than 30 points, Wyche ordered an onside kick, which his team recovered and relished as part of the drubbing. Afterward, Wyche said the message he had sent was solely for Glanville, whom he called "a phony."

Ahhh, the good ol' days. The way I remember it I didn't particularly care for either team from Ohio as well as their neighbor to the East.!!