PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Ramsey visits Texans

euro-Texan
02-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Sirius just reported that the Texans are signing Patrick Ramsey...

I don't have a link as it is a radio station

HouSportsWriter
02-27-2009, 09:04 AM
woot!

:goodpost:

TEXANS84
02-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Cool, if true I have no problem with that signing.

Mari-OWNED!
02-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Sirius just reported that the Texans are signing Patrick Ramsey...

I don't have a link as it is a radio station

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nfl&id=116

-The Texans are expected to sign free agent Patrick Ramsey to replace Sage Rosenfels as Matt Schaub's backup.
This is a severe downgrade. Ramsey knows Gary Kubiak's offense after his stay in Denver, but the former first-round pick had elbow problems in 2008 and has never been a good player. Alex Brink couldn't be that much worse.

I'd much rather have Ryan Fitzpatrick or J.P. Losman, but oh well... Now I'm just hoping nothing happens to Matt Schaub!

ArlingtonTexan
02-27-2009, 09:06 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/blogs/hot-news-and-rumors/

for those needing linkage

HouSportsWriter
02-27-2009, 09:07 AM
he relly that bad ?

HOU-TEX
02-27-2009, 09:07 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nfl&id=116

-The Texans are expected to sign free agent Patrick Ramsey to replace Sage Rosenfels as Matt Schaub's backup.
This is a severe downgrade. Ramsey knows Gary Kubiak's offense after his stay in Denver, but the former first-round pick had elbow problems in 2008 and has never been a good player. Alex Brink couldn't be that much worse.

I'd much rather have Ryan Fitzpatrick or J.P. Losman, but oh well... Now I'm just hoping nothing happens to Matt Schaub!

Damn, who wrote that? I reckon they don't like the Ramster all that much.

TEXANS84
02-27-2009, 09:08 AM
he relly that bad ?

His elbow injury concerns me (I was not aware of that), but if healthy...he does know the system currently installed. There is not a learning curve.
As echoed above, I just don't want to see Schaub go down again.

HouSportsWriter
02-27-2009, 09:09 AM
is it possible we get another qb in draft ?

*edit*

more i read more i scared

Mailman
02-27-2009, 09:10 AM
he relly that bad ?

I think he sucks. He looked terrible in that game against the Patriots when Cutler left the game with an injury in the first half. He's never done much in his career.

HOU-TEX
02-27-2009, 09:12 AM
I think he sucks. He looked terrible in that game against the Patriots when Cutler left the game with an injury in the first half. He's never done much in his career.

What did you think of Rosey when it was announced he was coming here? That's what I thought. Sage sucked before coming here too.

HouSportsWriter
o come on there must be something good.... and who thinks we get another qb later in draft ?

HoustonFrog
Well I can at least say I was right since I said this is who they would get from Day 1 but I'm not sure it makes me happy. I liked a few of the guys a little better than him.

ChampionTexan
02-27-2009, 09:17 AM
So when does the "Start Ramsey" contingent come in and start complaining that he was never even given a chance to compete for the job in training camp?

spurstexanstros
02-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Well with haynesworth gon me may not need a back up...do we face a good d next year? I mean a dominant d that could hurt Schaub...hmmmm wait has he proven he can take a hit? Hmmmmm now I am wondering.

TheRealJoker
02-27-2009, 09:20 AM
I'd take Ramsey and a 4th over Sage. I cant imagine him playing any worse than Sage did in the 2 wins he got us as a starter this season. If we can win with Sage playing like that then we can win with Ramsey. Ideally Schaub stays healthy for 16 games however!!!

Ramsey knows the system and should do a great job holding the clipboard while Schaub plays QB. Now we've gotta shore up the defense and get whoever we need to get to make sure Schaub stays healthy.

Mailman
What did you think of Rosey when it was announced he was coming here? That's what I thought. Sage sucked before coming here too.

Actually, no. I didn't have much of an opinion because I hadn't seem him play.

euro-Texan
let's not forget how good Sage looked against the Ravens.

Polo
02-27-2009, 09:22 AM
I honestly think Brink has a good shot of beating Ramsey out.

Mari-OWNED!
02-27-2009, 09:23 AM
let's not forget how good Sage looked against the Ravens.

Don't remind me... I was at that game...

Mailman
02-27-2009, 09:23 AM
I'd take Ramsey and a 4th over Sage.

This ^

I'm psyched about the possibility of Smith using that pick to get another solid young player or packaging picks to trade up in the draft. I'm fine with losing Sage.

HOU-TEX
02-27-2009, 09:25 AM
Well with haynesworth gon me may not need a back up...do we face a good d next year? I mean a dominant d that could hurt Schaub...hmmmm wait has he proven he can take a hit? Hmmmmm now I am wondering.

Yes, he has. Remember the 2nd Titans game? The guy was a warrior that day. He was getting pounded all game long, but kept getting up.

ChampionTexan
02-27-2009, 09:27 AM
I honestly think Brink has a good shot of beating Ramsey out.

Maybe, but the fact that he still has PS eligibility will work against him in that regard.

rarazz00
02-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Patrick Ramsey | #11 | QB

Denver Broncos | Official Team Site

Height: 6-2 Weight: 225 Age: 30

Born: 2/14/1979 Ruston , LA

College: Tulane

Experience: 7th season

High School: Ruston HS [LA]

Polo
02-27-2009, 09:29 AM
Maybe, but the fact that he still has PS eligibility will work against him in that regard.

I doubt it.

If he's obviously better it'd be dumb of Kubiak to not carry him on gameday while he carries Ramsey--Assuming he only carries 2 QB's once again.

Porky
02-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Out of the QB's listed as potential FA signings to replace Sage, Ramsey was last on my list. I don't think much of him personally. I've never seen him do too much for me to think he would ever be successful as a starter. I think Brink actually has a chance to compete with this guy, but in the end I would think experience will win out and Ramsey will get the job. Sage is much, much better even though Sage reminds me of the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz - if I only had a brain.

CloakNNNdagger
02-27-2009, 09:33 AM
His elbow injury concerns me (I was not aware of that), but if healthy...he does know the system currently installed. There is not a learning curve.
As echoed above, I just don't want to see Schaub go down again.

Last year, there was great concern that he would need elbow surgery, but he chose to rehab. Just this situation alone makes for a smelly situation, when you are already concerned with your first line QB remaining upright through the course of a season. With this in mind, you may also want to take a look at his career TD to INT ratio........which approaches 1 to 1.

texanfan2002114
02-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Out of the QB's listed as potential FA signings to replace Sage, Ramsey was last on my list. I don't think much of him personally. I've never seen him do too much for me to think he would ever be successful as a starter. I think Brink actually has a chance to compete with this guy, but in the end I would think experience will win out and Ramsey will get the job. Sage is much, much better even though Sage reminds me of the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz - if I only had a brain.

I am thinking the same thing right now. I can't believe out of all the FA QB's out there and with Schaub's history of not staying healthy that they sign Patrick Freaking Ramsey.

I have to admit, I wasn't to high on Sage coming here and he was a pretty decent back up QB.

beerlover
02-27-2009, 09:38 AM
that ole denver connection is killing us :gun: thank you sir can I have another :deadhorse

ChampionTexan
02-27-2009, 09:38 AM
I doubt it.

If he's obviously better it'd be dumb of Kubiak to not carry him on gameday while he carries Ramsey--Assuming he only carries 2 QB's once again.

Again, we'll see, but NFL head coaches have a funny habit of liking backups who have some experience. I'm not saying it's necessarily the right thing to do, but it seems to be the way of the world.

mikefont
02-27-2009, 09:43 AM
It looks like Smith & Kubiaks free agency "BUSTS" are going to continue! I don't like this one AT ALL. There are too many better options out there right now than Ramsey.

I just dont get why they can do so well in the draft, but are such dogs when it comes to signing QUALITY free agents???

They need to AT LEAST lock up Dunta, DeMeco and Daniels long term NOW!

4Texans
02-27-2009, 09:44 AM
that ole denver connection is killing us :gun: thank you sir can I have another :deadhorse

For me, it's not so much the Denver connection.... I just can't get excited about this signing.....:yawn:

Texan JBZ
02-27-2009, 09:50 AM
:yawn::thumbdown

nunusguy
02-27-2009, 09:51 AM
For me, it's not so much the Denver connection.... I just can't get excited about this signing.....:yawn:
Don't sweat it because one mock I've seen has us drafting Sanchez.
Seriously, just think what it would do for Texans' ticket sales/fan-support if they drafted a QB with a Latino surname ?

drewmar74
02-27-2009, 09:53 AM
Last year, there was great concern that he would need elbow surgery, but he chose to rehab. Just this situation alone makes for a smelly situation, when you are already concerned with your first line QB remaining upright through the course of a season. With this in mind, you may also want to take a look at his career TD to INT ratio........which approaches 1 to 1.

CND - do you know any of the particulars on what he had torn up in that elbow?

Specnatz
02-27-2009, 09:53 AM

Are we supposed to get excited over a back-up QB?

texanfan2002114
02-27-2009, 09:54 AM
Don't sweat it because one mock I've seen has us drafting Sanchez.
Seriously, just think what it would do for Texans' ticket sales/fan-support if they drafted a QB with a Latino surname ?

Its not just a surname. Sanchez is 100% Mexican decent. But the Texans aren't drafting a QB in the 1st round let alone the 1st 4 rounds.

Malloy
02-27-2009, 10:01 AM
It looks like Smith & Kubiaks free agency "BUSTS" are going to continue! I don't like this one AT ALL. There are too many better options out there right now than Ramsey.

I just dont get why they can do so well in the draft, but are such dogs when it comes to signing QUALITY free agents???

Oh look, a troll!...

The Pencil Neck
02-27-2009, 10:02 AM
I was hoping for Fitzpatrick.

hookinreds
02-27-2009, 10:03 AM

Free agent bust? Come on, it's a backup quarterback. It's like there are people that are expecting the FO to sign a top grade starting QB (or one a year away from that) to be the backup on this team. Not going to happen. You get those in the draft. The best thing that you can hope for is to have someone that knows the system and can be servaceable. You don't aquire a stud young arm via FA that is somehow flying under the radar invisable of other teams. Why would another team let this type of QB go?

ATRAIN
02-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Im ok with this as long as Pat doesnt pull a Rosencopter.

euro-Texan
02-27-2009, 10:04 AM

Agreed. He can't command too much loot based on his lack of playing time, mediocre stats and recent injury. There should be no questions about a QB-controversy either. He might not even make the final 53.

nunusguy
02-27-2009, 10:08 AM
Its not just a surname. Sanchez is 100% Mexican decent. But the Texans aren't drafting a QB in the 1st round let alone the 1st 4 rounds.
I realize they won't, or maybe should say I'd (along with everybody else) would be shocked if they would.
But 100% Mexican, huh ? But what a PR coup that would be if McNair stepped in and told Smith-Kubiak to make that kind of move in the Draft.
It's fun to speculate.

Hervoyel
02-27-2009, 10:12 AM
I'd have preferred Fitzpatrick but I have to admit that I'm curious as to whether or not Kubiak can do anything with Ramsey. I genuinely think that if Patrick Ramsey is ever going to amount to anything then it's going to happen right here in Houston backing up Matt Schaub. Some players just need to stop bouncing aroung long enough to get settled in an offense and get some good coaching. I think we have that here at least as far as our offense goes.

Insideop
02-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Im ok with this as long as Pat doesnt pull a Rosencopter.

Don't think we have to worry about that. Ramsey probably isn't athletic enough to make that attempt! :shades:

The Pencil Neck
02-27-2009, 10:16 AM
I'd have preferred Fitzpatrick but I have to admit that I'm curious as to whether or not Kubiak can do anything with Ramsey. I genuinely think that if Patrick Ramsey is ever going to amount to anything then it's going to happen right here in Houston backing up Matt Schaub. Some players just need to stop bouncing aroung long enough to get settled in an offense and get some good coaching. I think we have that here at least as far as our offense goes.

I remember a few years back when Ramsey was the starter for the Skins and some one did an analysis of him. He had some good qualities, iirc.

It will be interesting to see what Kubes can do with this guy but...

Remember last year when we had Shane Boyd and Quinn Gray in camp. Don't assume that just because we've signed this guy that he's the last QB we're bringing in.

euro-Texan
02-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Don't think we have to worry about that. Ramsey probably isn't athletic enough to make that attempt! :shades:

you don't need to be an athelete to play crash test dummie

CloakNNNdagger
02-27-2009, 10:17 AM
CND - do you know any of the particulars on what he had torn up in that elbow?

From what I recollect, he sustained a medial collateral ligament sprain/tear. I don't remember if they ever revealed if this was accompanied by dislocation, although this would not be unexpected. Most lesser sprains can be successfully treated with rest. However, putting him on IR as early as October and with this already being a RE-injury (from early in preseason), it would have to be considered a significant tear that occurred, especially since serious consideration was given to surgical repair. He could be at significant risk for re-injury with repetitive or severe acute stress to the joint, a situation that a QB cannot avoid with his need to continuously endure overhead throwing motion. I would certainly not bet the farm on him showing us durability if he see any significant action. If early decision for arthroscopic surgery, his prognosis by this year would have likely been excellent.

4Texans
02-27-2009, 10:17 AM

Yes, when your starter can't stay healthy for a full season. I'm in Schaubs corner, but... The real excitement will come if we have to count on PR wo win a game for us. And how many times have we had to count on Sage the last few years????? True, it's a back-up position..... We'll have to wait and see what Kubes and Shanny can do with him. Maybe he won't even make it through training camp.

euro-Texan
02-27-2009, 10:19 AM
From what I recollect, he sustained a medial collateral ligament sprain/tear. I don't remember if they ever revealed if this was accompanied by dislocation, although this would not be unexpected. Most lesser sprains can be successfully treated with rest. However, putting him on IR as early as October and with this already being a RE-injury (from early in preseason), it would have to be considered a significant tear that occurred, especially since serious consideration was given to surgical repair. He could significant risk for re-injury with repetitive or severe acute stress to the joint, a situation that a QB cannot avoid with his need to continuously endure overhead throwing motion. I would certainly not bet the farm on him showing us durability if he see any significant action.

He still has to pass a physical right? You know like Beselli did.

CloakNNNdagger
02-27-2009, 10:20 AM
He still has to pass a physical right? You know like Beselli did.

I hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keyser
02-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Ramsey knows the system and should do a great job holding the clipboard while Schaub plays QB.

I think this is the real key. Ramsey is a veteran they can bring in without a heavy learning curve for the offense. In many ways, that's the key you want in a backup - the ability to come into the game without too much of a dropoff. Other QBs might be better talent-wise, but probably wouldn't adapt as quickly.

Honoring Earl 34
02-27-2009, 10:31 AM
If we can get another back to compliment Slaton , then the backups job will be to handoff to the backs and throw to AJ 10 times .

CloakNNNdagger
02-27-2009, 10:33 AM
I think this is the real key. Ramsey is a veteran they can bring in without a heavy learning curve for the offense. In many ways, that's the key you want in a backup - the ability to come into the game without too much of a dropoff. Other QBs might be better talent-wise, but probably wouldn't adapt as quickly.

..........and, maybe, someone who can stay in a game..............

euro-Texan
02-27-2009, 10:41 AM

I'm sure this means that we carry three QB's into the regular season.

Honoring Earl 34
02-27-2009, 10:43 AM

I bet they draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th .

Goldensilence
02-27-2009, 10:47 AM

Shouldn't but I am thinking some of the fans want a better backup QB to cheer for. At least iniitally we are spared the Jeff Garcia fan club.....but I'd be a big supporter of cheering for his wife.

If we can get another back to compliment Slaton , then the backups job will be to handoff to the backs and throw to AJ 10 times .

IIRC We tried to sign Ramsey after his departure from Washington. He chose Denver. I've been saying this is all we really need to do when I heard Sage was on the block with Minnesota. Draft a complementary back and al lthe QB needs to do is hand the ball off and get the ball to AJ.

I don't recall a lot of people excited about Sage being signed as well. Long as he passes the physical and we are sure about the elbow I'm on board.

Nawzer
02-27-2009, 10:50 AM
If there was one qb out there who got beat up more than David Carr its Patrick Ramsey. I watched some Redskins game when he was the starter and man it wasn't pretty at times. They killed his career even though he had a pretty good first season if I remember correctly.

Mr teX
02-27-2009, 10:57 AM
Training camp fodder imo. Brink & probably a young late 1st day, early 2nd day drafted qb along with Ramsey all compete for the back up qb position. Ramsey is mainly being brought in for tutelage to the younger guys & to increase the competition a bit. Whomever raises their game the most is likely going to be the back up.

Hervoyel
02-27-2009, 10:59 AM

Why would we ask that of a backup when we don't require it of our starter?

Ok, I'm sorry. That was off-said. I'm a Schaub fan but hey, it was there and I couldn't not take it.

El Tejano
02-27-2009, 11:20 AM
I think Ramsey will be one of two QBs we go with through free agency. Boyd may very well sign with us again, heck we even have a rookie already on the team. I don't think Ramsey will just be handed the back up job. Most likely the job will go up for grabs.

Polo
02-27-2009, 11:21 AM
I think Ramsey will be one of two QBs we go with through free agency. Boyd may very well sign with us again, heck we even have a rookie already on the team. I don't think Ramsey will just be handed the back up job. Most likely the job will go up for grabs.

Agreed.

I don't see any reason whatsoever as to why the Texans would just hand him that job.

badboy
02-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Hope this is not their "final answer, Alex".

Jackie Chiles
02-27-2009, 11:55 AM
He comes to Houston with more on his resume than Sage did at the time. Seriously, they struck gold with Sage, I trust them on their backup QB evaluations. Regardless of who our backup is we are going to need Schaub to stay healthy this season if we want to do anything special. I doubt we will be trading Ramsey for a 3 or 4 in the next couple of years but I won't be surprised if he has close to the same amount of success that Sage did.

dickieb
02-27-2009, 02:52 PM
I hope Boyd get's another shot. I also like the idea of bringing in a rookie qb to compete either late draft or free agent pickup after the draft (Harrell maybe?).

Fox
02-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Not terribly happy if this is their choice to replace Sage as our primary back-up. I've never been impressed with Ramsey and this certainly feels like a down grade from Sage IMO. I think even with Sage this team was only going to go as far as Schaub goes next year, but at least we were still fun to watch with Sage in.

dalemurphy
02-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Not terribly happy if this is their choice to replace Sage as our primary back-up. I've never been impressed with Ramsey and this certainly feels like a down grade from Sage IMO. I think even with Sage this team was only going to go as far as Schaub goes next year, but at least we were still fun to watch with Sage in.

I'll take an average backup QB that can make every throw playing on a team with a decent defense over a good backup QB that takes too many risks playing on a team with a really bad defense.

All that being said, this team needs Schaub healthy for the majority of the season and for the playoff stretch if it wants to do anything significant.

Fox
02-27-2009, 03:30 PM
I'll take an average backup QB that can make every throw playing on a team with a decent defense over a good backup QB that takes too many risks playing on a team with a really bad defense.

Are you saying trading Sage and picking up Ramsey will allow us to attain a decent defense vs. a really bad defense last year?

I agree with you, I think our egg's fried if Schaub watches more than a couple games from the sidelines next year, but I don't think we were gonna contend for the playoffs whether Sage or Ramsey was in there - I just think a Sage-lead offense is more entertaining than a Ramsey-lead offense portends to be.

Polo
02-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Titans weren't all that entertaining while they were racking up wins ;)

Fox
02-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Titans weren't all that entertaining while they were racking up wins ;)

Hell, I find a Texan win entertaining regardless. Our 20 net yard win (or whatever it was) in Pittsburgh several years ago was quite entertaining to me - and I was listening to it on the radio. ;)

The Pencil Neck
02-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Hell, I find a Texan win entertaining regardless. Our 20 net yard win (or whatever it was) in Pittsburgh several years ago was quite entertaining to me - and I was listening to it on the radio. ;)

That was a scary and amazing game to watch.

dalemurphy
02-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Are you saying trading Sage and picking up Ramsey will allow us to attain a decent defense vs. a really bad defense last year?

I agree with you, I think our egg's fried if Schaub watches more than a couple games from the sidelines next year, but I don't think we were gonna contend for the playoffs whether Sage or Ramsey was in there - I just think a Sage-lead offense is more entertaining than a Ramsey-lead offense portends to be.

No, I'm just saying that the team is right to focus on improving the defense. If Schaub gets hurt, I'd feel good about having a game manager take care of things and let the defense try and win a couple games- coupled with our solid run game.

Mr PC
02-27-2009, 03:47 PM
the texans definitely downgraded at the backup QB position. but the team has a good track record in the 4th round so we'll if that can pay off again.

Fox
02-27-2009, 03:50 PM
No, I'm just saying that the team is right to focus on improving the defense. If Schaub gets hurt, I'd feel good about having a game manager take care of things and let the defense try and win a couple games- coupled with our solid run game.

I don't think holding on to Sage and focusing on improving the defense are mutually exclusive. Hopefully I'm wrong about this but I don't see relying on our defense to win us games as being in the cards for this team quite yet.

Hagar
02-27-2009, 04:26 PM
I don't understand why people are excited about Ramsey. No one in thier right mind would start Ramsey.

Further, the Vikings made the playoffs and wanted Sage as a started.

Essentially, we gave up a guy who can start for a playoff team for a guy nobody wants.

Mailman
02-27-2009, 04:27 PM
I don't understand why people are excited about Ramsey. No one in thier right mind would start Ramsey.

Essentially, we gave up a guy who can start for a playoff team for a guy nobody wants.

No, we gave up Sage Rosenfels for a fourth round draft pick.

dalemurphy
02-27-2009, 04:30 PM

Minnesota earned a division championship with Gus Frerotte as its starter. So, I guess you would argue that if we want to make the playoffs, we should sign Gus Frerotte?

Pantherstang84
02-27-2009, 04:31 PM

They wanted Sage for an opportunity to beat Jackson out of the starting job. Everyone knows what makes the Vikings offense tick. Some RB from Palestine, TX. It won't be Rosencopter.

Jackie Chiles
02-27-2009, 04:35 PM

Nobody wanted Sage when he initially came to Houston. The system, coaching, and talent are in place here for average QBs to produce.

Ole Miss Texan
02-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Should make things pretty interesting... you can see him play here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkJnV96LkJ8

Almost looks Charley Casserlyish.

LOL- I couldn't find anything on youtube

The Pencil Neck
02-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Actually, I was pretty surprised and pleased when Lombardi on NFLN said that Sage looked so good here in Houston because he was in such a great offense. He said that the Texans have more pieces in place offensively than the Vikings do. He said that Sage is going to find it harder to be successful in Minnesota than it was here with the Texans.

I was like... Dude, have you seen our Division?

InterestedJeff
02-27-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm super pumped about this! Patrick is my first cousin and I'm lovin the fact that he's playing on my favorite team. I know he hasnt faired all that well in the NFL but to be honest he has gotten a raw deal. He was drafted by the offensive wonderboy Stever Spurrier. That in itself is enough to stunt any players growth... especiall a QB. When Gibbs got to Washington he wanted to go with his boy Brunelle as their starting QB. After that Patrick was looking for a home. He kind of settled in at Denver but with Cuttler doing his thing there he didnt get much of a shot. Hopefully Schaub stays healthy all year but if he doesnt I'm confident that Pat will sub in fine. He has good size, strong as a bull and crazy smart. The man graduated from Tulane with a double major in finance and accounting. This pick up is excellent news!
:smiliedance:

PHAROAH
02-27-2009, 06:10 PM
I think this is a good signing the guy is a former first round pick who has a cannon for an arm he just need to be under a coach who knows how to develope QB's. This guy has been on some bad teams but he has talent that needs developing and he is going too the right team.

Hagar
02-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Minnesota earned a division championship with Gus Frerotte as its starter. So, I guess you would argue that if we want to make the playoffs, we should sign Gus Frerotte?Nope, that wouldn't be logical, but he would be better then Ramsey.

They wanted Sage for an opportunity to beat Jackson out of the starting job. Everyone knows what makes the Vikings offense tick. Some RB from Palestine, TX. It won't be Rosencopter.And, is expected win that job and return to the playoffs. You make fun of Sage but he was trying to make a play. If Sage had made the play, he would have completed a very impressive game up until that play and you would be on his band wagon instead of poking fun.

Jackie Chiles
02-27-2009, 06:42 PM
And, is expected win that job and return to the playoffs. You make fun of Sage but he was trying to make a play. If Sage had made the play, he would have completed a very impressive game up until that play and you would be on his band wagon instead of poking fun.

The Vikings play in a weaker division and have an elite defense. Sage can help them get into the playoffs and potentially have some success but he is nothing special.

As far as us losing him, I have been quiet to this point but I am glad to see him go. I think he played well for us in spurts (and the large majority of 2007) but what you call trying to make a play I call putting himself above the team. That was a totally unnecessary risk that he took to cement his claim for starter and it cost us a game against Indy. I'm sure a lot of people here see it differently than that but I am 100% convinced that is what happened. Don't tell me I can't blame the guy for trying to win the job either because I can. He looks the part of a team player and a good professional but the fact is he couldn't accept playing second fiddle to Matt. In Minnesota he will likely win the job and perhaps his play will be less reckless because of it but it was never going to change here.

Thorn
02-27-2009, 06:54 PM
I think this is a good signing the guy is a former first round pick who has a cannon for an arm he just need to be under a coach who knows how to develope QB's. This guy has been on some bad teams but he has talent that needs developing and he is going too the right team.

I don't know a darn thing about Ramsey, but I'm glad to see someone post something positive about him.

Big Poundcake
02-27-2009, 07:15 PM
I don't know much about him.

Anyone on here ever see him play?

euro-Texan
02-27-2009, 07:16 PM
I don't know a darn thing about Ramsey, but I'm glad to see someone post something positive about him.

Positive.... on this message board.... dont get use to it. Hell there were posts knocking us for bringing in a Houston HOF'er as an asst video-coach(or whatever the hell his title will be) And they call Missourri the "show me state" We are a burned and scorned fan base aren't we?

dalemurphy
02-27-2009, 07:21 PM

I watched him a fair amount when he was starting in Washington. I thought he looked quite good but he was in a bad situation. He's got a very strong arm (or did 5 years a go) and I remember him being pretty tough in the pocket. If he checks out medically, I would be thrilled to have him here. He'd almost certanly play the best football of his career under Kubiak- ever QB does!

euro-Texan
02-27-2009, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE= I thought he looked quite good but he was in a bad situation. He's got a very strong arm [/QUOTE]

Thought you were talking about Carr there for a minute

ArlingtonTexan
02-27-2009, 07:45 PM

The biggest probelm for Ramsey is that he has started like 1 game in 4 years (or something silly like that). He had a very David Carr like experience in Washington in the earliest part of his career, but what the Texans are getting now is very much an unknown.

euro-Texan
02-27-2009, 07:47 PM
The biggest probelm for Ramsey is that he has started like 1 game in 4 years (or something silly like that). He had a very David Carr like experience in Washington in the earliest part of his career, but what the Texans are getting now is very much an unknown.

We are getting a BACK-UP and we all KNOW that

threetoedpete
02-27-2009, 11:48 PM
he really that bad ?

MY wife spits on the ground every time his name is mentioned. Redskins fan. This is the move that will get Kubiak run . QB guru WHO can't pick a Qb? Strike three.

http://www.nfl.com/players/patrickramsey/profile?id=RAM596976

Norg
02-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Mannn IMO we should have never traded sage ......

this is a downgrade IMO

what was wrong with Nall was he worst then Patrick ?????

The Pencil Neck
02-28-2009, 01:31 AM
Mannn IMO we should have never traded sage ......

this is a downgrade IMO

what was wrong with Nall was he worst then Patrick ?????

Nall probably is worse than Patrick but they're both on the team at the moment. We'll find out after preseason who our backup QB is. I doubt this is the last QB we'll be bringing in.

barrett
02-28-2009, 01:59 AM
it my be a technicallity but i havent seen anything that says we've actually signed him yet. so there's always that.

Maddict5
02-28-2009, 05:57 AM
MY wife spits on the ground every time his name is mentioned. Redskins fan. This is the move that will get Kubiak run . QB guru WHO can't pick a Qb? Strike three.

:rolleyes:

yeah the choice of backup qb makes or breaks a HC's career. as an aside: do you ever read some of your posts and see how stupid they look?

your wife v gary kubiak.. hmm guess who i'll back :thinking:

he's just turned our last scrub, journeyman qb into a 4th rd pick

4Texans
02-28-2009, 06:44 AM
it my be a technicallity but i havent seen anything that says we've actually signed him yet. so there's always that.

No confirmation yet. I would like to see them talk to some others before they sign him.

CloakNNNdagger
02-28-2009, 07:46 AM
:rolleyes:

yeah the choice of backup qb makes or breaks a HC's career. as an aside: do you ever read some of your posts and see how stupid they look?

your wife v gary kubiak.. hmm guess who i'll back :thinking:

he's just turned our last scrub, journeyman qb into a 4th rd pick

I would reserve chest pounding on the merits of this move or the contribution that was made to "turn our last scrub, journeyman qb into a 4th rd pick."
Until the end of this season, we will not know if Kubes maximally developed a limitedly talented QB OR simply held him back by placing him in an impossible situation. Was his sporadic play due to his own short comings or were they in part due to same "development" that led to Schaub's sporadic play. It is still to be seen if we have traded a backup, who has for the most part played his part well, for a player of greater value to the team. Furthermore, we will need to wait until we find out if we will obtain a backup that will perform better than the one we showed the door to. In the end, a good trade (and it's related transactions) and it's expectations is to be made to make a team better, not to ensure that it's at least as good. I'm not sure that history will confirm this move as the best after all is given a chance to settle out................Sage's performance with a new coach/team........Schaub's performance with an old coach/team.........if (most likely, when) called upon, the new backup's affect on the team's performance...........It's all to be seen..........

Maddict5
02-28-2009, 07:50 AM
I would reserve chest pounding on the merits of this move or the contribution that was made to "turn our last scrub, journeyman qb into a 4th rd pick."
Until the end of this season, we will not know if Kubes maximally developed a limitedly talented QB OR simply held him back by placing him in an impossible situation. Was his sporadic play due to his own short comings or were they in part due to same "development" that led to Schaub's sporadic play. It is still to be seen if we have traded a backup, who has for the most part played his part well, for a player of greater value to the team. Furthermore, we will need to wait until we find out if we will obtain a backup that will perform better than the one we showed the door to. In the end, a good trade (and it's related transactions) and it's expectations is to be made to make a team better, not to ensure that it's at least as good. I'm not sure that history will confirm this move as the best after all is given a chance to settle out................Sage's performance with a new coach/team........Schaub's performance with an old coach/team.........if (most likely, when) called upon, the new backup's affect on the team's performance...........It's all to be seen..........

i was just saying we all thought sage was a bleh pickup too... im not beating my chest at all im just saying how stupid it is to criticise it before its even officially announced, moreso given kubiak's success with other qbs

and sage was/is one of the better backup qbs in the league. if ramsey plays as well we'll be fine

Mr. White
02-28-2009, 08:22 AM
I'm just hoping this is another Quinn Gray signing.....a camp arm that ends up getting beat out by somebody better.

Or better yet...I hope he doesn't get signed at all.

Kaiser Toro
02-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Ramsey has been a known quantity for years now, and has been banged up as of late. I personally do not care for his services, but I still want to see the contract, and still want to see him earn his roster spot. Consequently, I will not hold my breath on him being on the final 53.

To me this is just a signing for competition at the back up position, and am not getting emotional about the effect this could have or not have on our team's fortunes in 2009. In the end, our season will rest on Schaub's health and the defense. A back up will not carry us - unless he were a former NFL MVP or our defense was one of the top units in the game. Neither of those situations are in place.

People getting exicted about some mock draft that has Sanchez in Houston, and think it would be intersting because he is a Mexican, live in a world filled with Unicorns, talking Donkeys, Fresno State Football, and Charlie Casserly & Dick Justice exploring their manhood on top of Brokeroof Stadium.

Pantherstang84
02-28-2009, 08:34 AM
And, is expected win that job and return to the playoffs. You make fun of Sage but he was trying to make a play. If Sage had made the play, he would have completed a very impressive game up until that play and you would be on his band wagon instead of poking fun.

As a game manger on Adrian Peterson's team.

FYI...I never was on the Sage bandwagon. I saw him for what he was A Good Backup. I am not making fun of him. The Rosencopter incident was Sage being Sage. Putting himself before the team. Only a selfish moron would have done what he did in that Indy game. The Texans didn't need heroics that game. If he would have done the Elway slide to get that first down, then Houston would have been 9-7. I won't miss Sage Rosenfels. I do wish him luck though.

b0ng
02-28-2009, 10:16 AM
I agree with you, I think our egg's fried if Schaub watches more than a couple games from the sidelines next year

So how is this different from the last few years where Schaub missed games and we missed the playoffs?

If Schaub gets hurt again and is out for a month or more again this season we're hosed no matter who the backup QB is. Anybody who thinks we're drafting a QB on the 1st day is out of their mind (Or if we do, then I think it's safe to say that Rick Smith has lost his mind).

Still, if we are going to sign Ramsey, shouldn't it have been done already? I don't think this guy is getting tons of offers from other teams.

michaelm
02-28-2009, 10:56 AM
This is the move that will get Kubiak run . QB guru WHO can't pick a Qb? Strike three.

That's a ridiculous statement, even for you.
You think a head coach is going to get run because he doesn't sign a starter quality QB for a back up?

Kaiser Toro
02-28-2009, 11:03 AM

That is a ridiculous statement. You must only read about 10% of his posts. :)

Errant Hothy
02-28-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm sorry but is all of this about a player who "might" be signned?

ArlingtonTexan
02-28-2009, 11:40 AM

I think the worst bickering on this board comes when the thread is a bunch of ifs and whats. Reality seems to have a calming effect.

GuerillaBlack
02-28-2009, 11:44 AM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x89/edwardbayntun/film%20humour/nicolas-cage-hair-is-a-bird.jpg

Mr. White
02-28-2009, 11:48 AM

I think the worst bickering on this board come when the thread is a bunch of ifs and whats. Reality seems to have a calming effect.

I propose we change the thread title to "Texans might sign Patrick Ramsey" or "Texans visit with Patrick Ramsey."

GP
02-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Ramsey has been a known quantity for years now, and has been banged up as of late. I personally do not care for his services, but I still want to see the contract, and still want to see him earn his roster spot. Consequently, I will not hold my breath on him being on the final 53.

To me this is just a signing for competition at the back up position, and am not getting emotional about the effect this could have or not have on our team's fortunes in 2009. In the end, our season will rest on Schaub's health and the defense. A back up will not carry us - unless he were a former NFL MVP or our defense was one of the top units in the game. Neither of those situations are in place.

People getting exicted about some mock draft that has Sanchez in Houston, and think it would be intersting because he is a Mexican, live in a world filled with Unicorns, talking Donkeys, Fresno State Football, and Charlie Casserly & Dick Justice exploring their manhood on top of Brokeroof Stadium.

I agree that even the verrry remote idea/possibility of taking Sanchez in the first round, let alone ANY quarterback in the 1st round, is crazy talk.

I want to know what you think about taking Pat White in the 2nd round if he's still there. It'd be an overall pick of 47, if we're drafting in the middle of round 2. Wouldn't that add some "uplift" to our QB situation if Schaub gets hurt?

I don't know how Pat will translate to the NFL, but I follow enough to know that his stock wasn't very strong until the latter part of 2008 and it seems he's proving that he can hang despite not being on a nationally-hyped team. Just the fact that he's not being tagged as a potential Undrafted Free Agent by the draftniks proves that the guy might be a potential "sleeper" pick.

And though we don't run the spread offense, if Schaub were to get hurt and we ran out Pat White...I get chills thinking about what might be said in the huddle when Pat shows up and looks across and smiles at Slaton, and says "Alright, Steve. Let's do this."

Or is my pop-culture "sports movie" self getting carried away?

Let's also be mindful that taking Pat White means he can ride the bench a year or two, make a few starts here-and-there, and then trade him away like the Falcons did with Schaub. I think Pat White means as much for us in terms of future draft positioning as he does in terms of being a viable long-term QB for us. It's a dual-purpose draft decision, IMO, if we took Pat White in the 2nd.

Big Poundcake
02-28-2009, 12:13 PM
I watched him a fair amount when he was starting in Washington. I thought he looked quite good but he was in a bad situation. He's got a very strong arm (or did 5 years a go) and I remember him being pretty tough in the pocket. If he checks out medically, I would be thrilled to have him here. He'd almost certanly play the best football of his career under Kubiak- ever QB does!
Thanks for the info.

Is this pretty much a done deal?

The Pencil Neck
02-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the info.

Is this pretty much a done deal?

I think it's just a visit at this point.

Kaiser Toro
02-28-2009, 12:17 PM
As fun as the prospect of Pat White being in a "wildcat" type formation in the Texan backfield, I do not want this team spending its lone 2nd or 3rd on him with other glaring needs visible. The offense is in a place where we are practically plug in play and will be amongst the top offenses in the league. Pat White is not a need, but an exotic for the Texans. That luxury is of value with the second 4th in my opinion.

Fox
02-28-2009, 12:20 PM
So how is this different from the last few years where Schaub missed games and we missed the playoffs?

That was one of my points...trading out Sage for Ramsey doesn't change that Schaub's ability to stay healthy will once again largely determine how far this team goes next year.

threetoedpete
02-28-2009, 01:00 PM
You think a head coach is going to get run because he doesn't sign a starter quality QB for a back up?

Cassel is being dealt to the chiefs per Adam Schaffner.

Well lets count them up together. How many guys over three years ? All I have to read on this guy's chart is his fumble record over his career. Now if he threw the ball like Moon...that'd be one thing. But he doesn't. So you tell me the logic behind targeting a guy who is a turn over machine by a staff who abhors fumbles ? If he's a camp arm on the cheap fine. If he's Kubiak's choice for the number two for 2009, Strike three. There is no way this guy will see 500 as our back up.

You know it's one thing to walk in and mentor a HOFer. Quite another to find one in the pile and make him great. So far, Kubiak hasn't done that.

Pantherstang84
02-28-2009, 01:10 PM

Well lets count them up together. How many guys over three years ? All I have to read on this guy's chart is his fumble record over his career. Now if he threw the ball like Moon...that'd be one thing. But he doesn't. So you tell me the logic behind targeting a guy who is a turn over machine by a staff who abhors fumbles ? If he's a camp arm on the cheap fine. If he's Kubiak's choice for the number two for 2009, Strike three. There is no way this guy will see 500 as our back up.

You know it's one thing to walk in and mentor a HOFer. Quite another to find one in the pile and make him great. So far, Kubiak hasn't done that.

I'm not sure I get your point mentioning Cassel. Are you thinking the Texans should mortgage the farm for the next backup to Schaub? You know the Chiefs had to pay a heavy price to get Cassel. He didn't come cheap.

Maddict5
02-28-2009, 01:53 PM

jake plummer..... now pipe down

Silver Oak
02-28-2009, 01:58 PM
I don't want to read through all the pages in this thread, but I really don't think Smith and Kubiak would trade away their backup qb w/o a plan in place. Whether it's Ramsey, Brink, Boyd, Nall, a draft pick, or some other free agent, we'll have to wait and see.

I will say that taking a qb in the 2nd is about two rounds too early if they go that route.

steelbtexan
02-28-2009, 02:07 PM

Maybe the OL made a statement (when you take cheap shots on our QB we will take you out. Jared Allen go to the front of the class) wil make this a moot point. Here's to Schaub staying healthy all year.

ChampionTexan
02-28-2009, 02:14 PM
jake plummer..... now pipe down

Pretty much every QB who has played under Kubiak as either a HC or an OC has put up better numbers than before and/or after they played for him.

GP
02-28-2009, 04:03 PM
As fun as the prospect of Pat White being in a "wildcat" type formation in the Texan backfield, I do not want this team spending its lone 2nd or 3rd on him with other glaring needs visible. The offense is in a place where we are practically plug in play and will be amongst the top offenses in the league. Pat White is not a need, but an exotic for the Texans. That luxury is of value with the second 4th in my opinion.

I'm going to be fascinated with where Pat White goes in this draft. He wasn't even on the radar earlier in the season, then he's been climbing pretty steadily, and so where does he end up after it's all said and done?

If he fell to the 4th, that would be like frogs falling from the sky or finding three chipmunks who can sing today's hit songs.

Either some team will covet him and flinch in round 2, or pull a Jason Babin-ish overreach and go for him late in round 1. Or he IS going to slip quite a bit.

It was sort of a "Oh, wow. How was THAT possible" moment when Steve Slaton was still there in the 3rd. You wonder how so many teams are able to hit the snooze button as draft day progresses.

I don't think his value is in the wildcat as much as he might be built for that. I think he might be more mature than the other top-rated QBs. He didn't have any meltdowns, he isn't running his mouth. He's just going about his business. Under the radar, IMO.

The Pencil Neck
02-28-2009, 04:14 PM
I'm going to be fascinated with where Pat White goes in this draft. He wasn't even on the radar earlier in the season, then he's been climbing pretty steadily, and so where does he end up after it's all said and done?

If he fell to the 4th, that would be like frogs falling from the sky or finding three chipmunks who can sing today's hit songs.

Either some team will covet him and flinch in round 2, or pull a Jason Babin-ish overreach and go for him late in round 1. Or he IS going to slip quite a bit.

It was sort of a "Oh, wow. How was THAT possible" moment when Steve Slaton was still there in the 3rd. You wonder how so many teams are able to hit the snooze button as draft day progresses.

I don't think his value is in the wildcat as much as he might be built for that. I think he might be more mature than the other top-rated QBs. He didn't have any meltdowns, he isn't running his mouth. He's just going about his business. Under the radar, IMO.

I think his performance in the combine really helped him out and helped him show up as a QB instead of some sort of Randle-El/slash player. If he's there in the 3rd or 4th, I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans go after him.

GP
02-28-2009, 04:23 PM
I think his performance in the combine really helped him out and helped him show up as a QB instead of some sort of Randle-El/slash player. If he's there in the 3rd or 4th, I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans go after him.

Yeah, how you said it is exactly what I was looking for.

He looked more like a current Donovan McNabb (the version that does less scrambling and more pocket or roll-out passing) and less like the traditional "slash" QB that was all the rave for so long.

He looks secure to be a passer FIRST.

Lucky
02-28-2009, 06:30 PM
I think his performance in the combine really helped him out and helped him show up as a QB instead of some sort of Randle-El/slash player.
White has more value in the NFL as a slash player, than a straight up QB. He'll need years of developing as a QB. He could help as a WR/Wildcat QB right now. Vince Young and Michael Vick were much better prospects as QBs than White. And I think both would have had a greater impact as slash players.

GP
02-28-2009, 10:31 PM
White has more value in the NFL as a slash player, than a straight up QB. He'll need years of developing as a QB. He could help as a WR/Wildcat QB right now. Vince Young and Michael Vick were much better prospects as QBs than White. And I think both would have had a greater impact as slash players.

Well, this is all speculative about White....but I think he's a better "QB" than Vick and/or Young who are just RBs who pass sometimes.

Just my .02

beerlover
02-28-2009, 10:52 PM
someone please tell me that Patrick Ramsey did not sign with the Texans, that it was all just a bad dream :pigfly:

The Pencil Neck
02-28-2009, 11:03 PM
someone please tell me that Patrick Ramsey did not sign with the Texans, that it was all just a bad dream :pigfly:

As far as I know, Ramsey has not signed with the Texans.

I can't say anything about the dream part.

Goldensilence
02-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah, how you said it is exactly what I was looking for.

He looked more like a current Donovan McNabb (the version that does less scrambling and more pocket or roll-out passing) and less like the traditional "slash" QB that was all the rave for so long.

He looks secure to be a passer FIRST.

Might have the arms and legs but his height is really going hurt his stock as QB. I'm willing to bet Pat White is still around when the third round starts and ends.

beerlover
02-28-2009, 11:18 PM
As far as I know, Ramsey has not signed with the Texans.

I can't say anything about the dream part.

my mistake, david carr flashbacks :brickwall::zzz:

GP
03-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Might have the arms and legs but his height is really going hurt his stock as QB. I'm willing to bet Pat White is still around when the third round starts and ends.

He's 5'11'' right? Wikipedia has him listed at 6-feet even.

I thought I had heard that he was a little short, but I still like the footage I see of him. He looks to have good footwork and seems to get distance from pass rushers before throwing the ball.

Steve Young, who looks small on TV compared to the guys around him...is 6'2" I thought Young would be 6-feet at the MOST, if not shorter than that. Dang.

Goldensilence
03-01-2009, 12:18 AM
He's 5'11'' right?

I thought I had heard that he was a little short, but I still like the footage I see of him. He looks to have good footwork and seems to get distance from pass rushers before throwing the ball.

I've seen him listed as 6'. Doesn't help he ran a spread offense in college. Not down on the guy. I've seen some of his play at WVU and he's a real gamer. Lightning speed. Great combine but I think more than moving him up in the draft he made himself look like he can be drafted as a QB and not have to switch positions.

The Pencil Neck
03-01-2009, 12:36 AM
I've seen him listed as 6'. Doesn't help he ran a spread offense in college. Not down on the guy. I've seen some of his play at WVU and he's a real gamer. Lightning speed. Great combine but I think more than moving him up in the draft he made himself look like he can be drafted as a QB and not have to switch positions.

From what I saw of the combine, it looked like he was the best thrower out there. And that was a huge surprise to me. His height and lack of experience is an issue but when I was watching the combine, my first thought was, "I bet Kubiak is going after this guy."

edo783
03-01-2009, 09:54 AM
I think he measured at 6 ft even at the combine. I'm not sure if they round up if your say 5' 11 3/4".

TexansSeminole
03-01-2009, 09:57 AM
I think he measured at 6 ft even at the combine. I'm not sure if they round up if your say 5' 11 3/4".

No they don't round anything. If he is listed at 6 feet, he was 6 feet.

El Tejano
03-03-2009, 11:43 PM
I've been noticing that everytime someone talks about who all we signed they note A Smith, and Orlovsky, even E Wilson but I don't see anything about P Ramsey. Did the dude end up not signing with us, did he not pass a physical or did his deal fall through? Am I missing something?

3rdcoastcards
03-03-2009, 11:46 PM
He left town without a contract offer. We signed Orlovsky instead

El Tejano
03-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Wow. I did not know that. I thought all reports said that we signed him. I wonder what happened.

threetoedpete
03-04-2009, 01:14 AM
I posted what happened before it happened. It was silly on it's face. A staff who can't stand fumblers....goes out and pays a turnover machine to back up someone who when he makes sixteen games will be his first experience at doing it. The proposition was beyond Ludicrous. Goofy fits.

Carr Bombed
03-04-2009, 07:23 AM
edit

El Tejano
03-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Does anyone know what happened? I think I have a pretty good idea. I speculate that when he heard Cutler was on the trading block, he got cold feet with us.

ArlingtonTexan
03-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Does anyone know what happened? I think I have a pretty good idea. I speculate that when he heard Cutler was on the trading block, he got cold feet with us.

He is a free agent. What is happening or not happening in Denver had nothing to do with his signing or not. He did not work under the current Denver staff.

El Tejano
03-04-2009, 08:40 AM
So as of right now we just have Orlovsky as the #2 QB? I was cool with that, since I thought we had Ramsey in there and we were going to have them compete but now that I know this, I sure hope we get someone else in here (FA or Draft). I'm not feeling too comfortable with just Orlovsky back there. I'm sure he can do more with our team but we need some more QBs back there. Hopefully we can resign Boyd or Brink can show something too.

Hervoyel
03-04-2009, 08:45 AM
I saw this thread up on top again and I thought:

"Again? Why can't this guy take a hint? We got Orlovsky who is NOT Rosencopter even if his name kind of sounds like one"

Honoring Earl 34
03-04-2009, 08:49 AM
I glad Ramsey isn't here . I'd bet if you lined up Schaub , Ramsey , Okoye , and TJ for a 40 yd. dash ... the qb's would finish 3 & 4 .

Specnatz
03-04-2009, 11:20 AM
I saw this thread up on top again and I thought:

"Again? Why can't this guy take a hint? We got Orlovsky who is NOT Rosencopter even if his name kind of sounds like one"

He is popping up so much you would think he went to UT.

ChampionTexan
03-04-2009, 11:23 AM
So as of right now we just have Orlovsky as the #2 QB? I was cool with that, since I thought we had Ramsey in there and we were going to have them compete but now that I know this, I sure hope we get someone else in here (FA or Draft). I'm not feeling too comfortable with just Orlovsky back there. I'm sure he can do more with our team but we need some more QBs back there. Hopefully we can resign Boyd or Brink can show something too.

Orlovsky got in excess of $2 Million in guaranteed money. That should tell you loud and clear it's gonna be Matt, Orlovsky, and Brink on the PS. The only way I can even fathom it would be different is if they found somebody they liked better than Brink for the PS.