PDA

View Full Version : Free Agency

ubecool454
02-27-2009, 04:25 AM
Its 0424 friday morning and free agency has arrived. What will we do? Any thoughts , hopes? I'm still hoping for Peppers even though I know it ain't happening.

euro-Texan
02-27-2009, 05:32 AM
I'm not expecting anything exciting. Some nice mediocre acquisitions that will leave us with enough cap room to resign everyone who didn't get cut earlier this week.

This is the TEXANS so don't expect excitment until the draft.

Maddict5
02-27-2009, 05:52 AM
im hoping for derrick ward.. and i guess id be ok with antonio smith.

euro-Texan
02-27-2009, 06:00 AM
Well, it's almost 7 hours into F/A so I'm guessing our front office should be waking up in about 3-4 hours to fnd out who is left, or they might just wait until Monday. Friday is a bad day to start a project with the weekend and all.

nunusguy
02-27-2009, 06:08 AM

Running backs are a dime a dozen, just use a mid-round - late-round pick to grab a rookie in April cheap rather than using a wad of cap to get one in FA.
I'm feeling a little better about getting Smith since LZ says he can stay in the game in passing downs after bumping him to the inside. Still not a very exciting pickup.

rarazz00
02-27-2009, 06:13 AM
Nothing sexy gonna happen for us in free agency.

Roughnecks
02-27-2009, 06:23 AM
How are the Redskins able to dish the kind of money for Hall, and Fat Albert with the cap room they have. Fat Albert gets what 41 mil and Hall 30 thank god our FO has more sense than that.

Maddict5
02-27-2009, 06:58 AM
Running backs are a dime a dozen, just use a mid-round - late-round pick to grab a rookie in April cheap rather than using a wad of cap to get one in FA.
I'm feeling a little better about getting Smith since LZ says he can stay in the game in passing downs after bumping him to the inside. Still not a very exciting pickup.

yeah you're right.. id still like ward at a nice price but sean jones would probably be my favourite pickup on 2nd thought

Mari-OWNED!
02-27-2009, 07:04 AM
DE Antonio Smith - Arizona Cardinals
SS Sean Jones - Cleveland Browns

threetoedpete
02-27-2009, 07:22 AM
Isn't it true that there are six other clubs in the running for Smith ?

dalemurphy
02-27-2009, 07:33 AM
How are the Redskins able to dish the kind of money for Hall, and Fat Albert with the cap room they have. Fat Albert gets what 41 mil and Hall 30 thank god our FO has more sense than that.

Well, when you trad away all your draftpicks then you are left with few core players to re-sign. Genius!!!

while, we have to figure out how to pay all these quality players like:
Mario, Andre, Dunta, CPitts, Winston, OD, DRyans,

they aren't burdened with drafting well and get to throw ridiculous money in FA.

BigBull17
02-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Well, when you trad away all your draftpicks then you are left with few core players to re-sign. Genius!!!

while, we have to figure out how to pay all these quality players like:
Mario, Andre, Dunta, CPitts, Winston, OD, DRyans,

they aren't burdened with drafting well and get to throw ridiculous money in FA.

But they were only 7 ish million under the cap, then dished out 150+ million dollars in 2 hours. Hot damn.

euro-Texan
02-27-2009, 08:14 AM
But they were only 7 ish million under the cap, then dished out 150+ million dollars in 2 hours. Hot damn.

Is most of the payout supposed to be coming from the uncapped year? Anyone know how that works?

dalemurphy
02-27-2009, 08:26 AM
Is most of the payout supposed to be coming from the uncapped year? Anyone know how that works?

here are a couple of the rules that would limit their ability to manipulate the contract using the uncapped year:

1. salary escalator clause: salary can increase a max of 30% year to year
2. signing bonus is spread out evenly through the length of the contract

Goatcheese
02-27-2009, 09:04 AM

Talk is that Ward has adjusted his expectations down from 4 million/year, to more around 2. That's a rather good price for a 1k yard rusher averaging over 5 ypc.

Shaft75
02-27-2009, 12:07 PM
I heard that the Texans are interviewing this guy right now.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/theanubis0329/starwarskid.jpg

League sources say the force is strong with this one. Do you think he could play DT???

RipTraxx
02-27-2009, 02:56 PM
I heard that the Texans are interviewing this guy right now.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/theanubis0329/starwarskid.jpg

League sources say the force is strong with this one. Do you think he could play DT???

Good god that clip was funny. Poor kid had to go to counseling when it leaked.

Allstar
02-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Good god that clip was funny. Poor kid had to go to counseling when it leaked.

What clip?

Goatcheese
02-27-2009, 03:13 PM
What clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPj6viIBmU

Allstar
02-27-2009, 03:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPj6viIBmU

Oh god, Star Wars Kid.:tv: That is hilarious.