PDA

View Full Version : Watershed financial season this year!

dalemurphy
02-25-2009, 01:45 AM
Well, if a collective bargaining agreement is reached before 2010, here is a list of Texan unrestricted free agents on/or about Feb. 28, 2010:

Dunta Robinson
Demeco Ryans
Chester Pitts
Kevin Walter
Owen Daniels
Rashod Butler
Joel Dressens
Earl Cochran
Chaun Thompson
Kevin Bentley
David Anderson

if the season is uncapped, here are the UFAs:

Dunta Robinson
Chester Pitts
Chaun Thompson
Kevin Bentley

I think that sometime around mid march, after we've been active in free agency this season, the team will begin working hard to re-sign:

Dunta
Chester Pitts
O Daniels
Demeco Ryans
Kevin Walter

I think they'll need to get at least 3 of those guys done this season in order to prevent potential catastophe next year. If they don't get deals done, then Texan fans better pray for an uncapped season!

threetoedpete
02-26-2009, 02:06 AM
If they are going to spend a one on Maklin....why would you re-sign Walter ?
Why redo duanta when you can just retag him again at eleven million ?

rarazz00
02-26-2009, 09:07 AM
How old is Pitts?... I can see the imphasis on Daniels and Ryans...Personally I want them signed. I have to see how Dunta performs during training camp and have him go against AJ to evaluate, before I make him happy.:brando:

barrett
02-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Well, if a collective bargaining agreement is reached before 2010, here is a list of Texan unrestricted free agents on/or about Feb. 28, 2010:

Dunta Robinson
Demeco Ryans
Chester Pitts
Kevin Walter
Owen Daniels
Rashod Butler
Joel Dressens
Earl Cochran
Chaun Thompson
Kevin Bentley
David Anderson

if the season is uncapped, here are the UFAs:

Dunta Robinson
Chester Pitts
Chaun Thompson
Kevin Bentley

I think that sometime around mid march, after we've been active in free agency this season, the team will begin working hard to re-sign:

Dunta
Chester Pitts
O Daniels
Demeco Ryans
Kevin Walter

I think they'll need to get at least 3 of those guys done this season in order to prevent potential catastophe next year. If they don't get deals done, then Texan fans better pray for an uncapped season!

I've already lost sleep over this. We're potentially screwed if we don't get these guys locked down this year. We can't realistically negotiate that many contracts next off season. It'll be suicide.

Buffi2
02-26-2009, 04:09 PM
2nd and last stupid question for today. Why are there fewer UFA's if the season is uncapped?

infantrycak
02-26-2009, 04:17 PM
2nd and last stupid question for today. Why are there fewer UFA's if the season is uncapped?

In capped years, a player who has completed four nfl seasons is an UFA. In the uncapped years, players have to have 6 years in the league to become UFA's.