PDA

View Full Version : Steroids offseason plan

steroids
02-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Hi guys,

Wanted to bounce this off everyone. I believe we are much closer to getting better than everyone thinks. So without spending too much time having you read a forward, here is my ideal offseason.

First, I believe that a DE opposite Mario, a playmaking LB, and a complimentary back to Steve Slaton are the biggest concerns.

What I would like to see done is trade Sage for a 4th round draft pick. Trade Anthony Weaver to the Broncos for a second day pick (they need help at the 3-4 DE position - call it another 4th). This means we have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3 4ths, 5th, 6th, 7th. I would trade our 15th pick, for around the 8th pick. I would like to use our 1st, 2 4th's, and a 7ths for this. I would then use our 2nd, 3rd, remaining 4th, 5th, and 6th to trade up to the 9th position.

With the 8th pick, I would select Rey Mauluga. With the 9th pick I would select Brian Orakpo. I would then trade our future 4th and 7th to the Giants for Ward. I would then trade Travis Johnson to the Dolphins for Ricky Williams and a future draft pick if possible.

In FA, I would go after the FS from the Rams, and the best C we can get our hands on.

Our 2009 RB rotation: Derrick Ward, Steve Slaton, Ricky Williams
Front 7 - Mario, Okam, Amobi, Orakpo
Diles/Adibi Mauluga Ryans

Thoughts?

kiwitexansfan
02-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Thoughts?

I think any plan based on trades that haven't and likely won't happen is one that is too pie in the sky to buy into.

I think we will get DE and RB help, although I think they may like what they have at LB with Diles, Ryans and Adibi. They will get depth there though.

euro-Texan
02-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Hi guys,

Wanted to bounce this off everyone. I believe we are much closer to getting better than everyone thinks. So without spending too much time having you read a forward, here is my ideal offseason.

First, I believe that a DE opposite Mario, a playmaking LB, and a complimentary back to Steve Slaton are the biggest concerns.

What I would like to see done is trade Sage for a 4th round draft pick. Trade Anthony Weaver to the Broncos for a second day pick (they need help at the 3-4 DE position - call it another 4th). This means we have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3 4ths, 5th, 6th, 7th. I would trade our 15th pick, for around the 8th pick. I would like to use our 1st, 2 4th's, and a 7ths for this. I would then use our 2nd, 3rd, remaining 4th, 5th, and 6th to trade up to the 9th position.

With the 8th pick, I would select Rey Mauluga. With the 9th pick I would select Brian Orakpo. I would then trade our future 4th and 7th to the Giants for Ward. I would then trade Travis Johnson to the Dolphins for Ricky Williams and a future draft pick if possible.

In FA, I would go after the FS from the Rams, and the best C we can get our hands on.

Thoughts?

I guess that would make training camp a lot less stressfull, already being down to 53 and all......

TheIronDuke
02-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Charley, this board is for fans, kindly get out of here.

gtexan02
02-23-2009, 09:06 PM
I think trading our entire draft for 2 picks this year is a bad idea. It also guarantees a huge alotment to rookie salaries.

We do very well drafting in rounds 3 and 4. I'd rather trade our first rounder for picks in rounds 2-7

Big Poundcake
02-23-2009, 09:07 PM
1st DE Orakpo/Maybin/Brown/Ayers(whichever one is available).
2nd LB Clay Matthews USC
3rd S Emmanuel Cook South Carolina
4th CB Captain Munnerlyn South Carolina
4th*(The pick from the Vikings if it goes through)RB Cedric Peerman Virginia or RB Andre Brown NCST.(Whichever one is available.)
5th DT Roy Miller Texas
6th LB Jasper Brinkley South Carolina(I have no idea where he is projected to go)
7th QB Todd Boeckman Ohio st.

**Bring in S Sean Jones via Free Agency

buddyboy
02-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Hi guys,

Thoughts?

Those trades are probably not balanced. IMO it would take a lot more to move up, in either case. Does anyone have the link to that draft pick point table? See if they add up.

Yeah, definitely not a good idea to trade your entire draft for two picks, because one or both of them could end up being busts. I'd rather take more shots at finding a gem with multiple picks than trade up and get someone who could turn out to be a bust.

markn
02-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Trade the lot for some of those rock-solid sub-prime mortgage derivatives.

Farough
02-24-2009, 06:22 PM
At first I thought the title of the thread was about giving the Texans steroids :S. lol
The Rams franchised Atogwe, fyi.

stingray
02-24-2009, 08:34 PM
At first I thought the title of the thread was about giving the Texans steroids :S. lol
The Rams franchised Atogwe, fyi.

Actually , I thought this thread was about baseball before cathers and Pitchers report.