PDA

View Full Version : The Bungled Bengals

HOU-TEX
02-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Can someone please explain to me what the heck they're trying to do? T.J. Houshmandzadeh is an awesome player on and off the field. Why in the World wouldn't they do everything in their power to get him locked up?

Maybe it's because he hasn't been arrested or been a locker room fungis?? To me, letting a top 10 WR who's a perfect teamate walk is just asinine.

Yankee_In_TX
02-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Not really an answer, but about 4 weeks ago ESPN was speculating that several kickers may be a few teams' #1 priority because of all the games decided by field goals the last several years.

Goldensilence
02-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Not really an answer, but about 4 weeks ago ESPN was speculating that several kickers may be a few teams' #1 priority because of all the games decided by field goals the last several years.

On that note their kicker Graham was tagged.

WolverineFan
02-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Can someone please explain to me what the heck they're trying to do? T.J. Houshmandzadeh is an awesome player on and off the field. Why in the World wouldn't they do everything in their power to get him locked up?

Maybe it's because he hasn't been arrested or been a locker room fungis?? To me, letting a top 10 WR who's a perfect teamate walk is just asinine.

It's the Bengals.

They wouldn't be the Bengals if they didn't do stupid stuff like this. That's what makes them the Bengals.

HOU-TEX
02-17-2009, 12:42 PM
It's the Bengals.

They wouldn't be the Bengals if they didn't do stupid stuff like this. That's what makes them the Bengals.

That's another thing that upsets me about the Bengals. I used to really like the Bengals and after a year or two of the Lewis era they began pissing me off with their personel choices. Is it Lewis? Is it the FO? Who knows?!

WolverineFan
02-17-2009, 12:54 PM
That's another thing that upsets me about the Bengals. I used to really like the Bengals and after a year or two of the Lewis era they began pissing me off with their personel choices. Is it Lewis? Is it the FO? Who knows?!

It's more the FO than it is Lewis IMO. Lewis got rid of Dillon when they didn't need him anymore becuae they had Rudi Johnson. Also, Lewis campaigned and finally got Chris Henry cut and then the owner goes right back out and rehires him behind his back. Talk about showing support for your coach. I wouldn't be surprised if half the players on the team don't pay him the sightest amount of attention.

I think Lewis really wants out but there is nowhere else to go right now. That entire franchise is completely messed up.

Texan_Bill
02-17-2009, 01:08 PM

Huh?? What??!? :foottap: AFC Central?

Texecutioner
02-17-2009, 01:17 PM

To answer your question, it is Mike Brown. THeir owner who has been their GM for years and years. THe guy is horrible and pretty much just as bad as Al Davis. He might be the worst in the NFL from the last 20 years when you consider how many poor seasons the Bengals have had and he was the one calling the shots the whole time. He has total control.

TexansFan33
02-17-2009, 01:30 PM
I think Mike Brown S from the Bears would be a great find If he's on the market we need to pull the trigger a 1 year deal would be nice lets see what happens... Hell he's better than that Demps guy we have now!

Shaft75
02-17-2009, 01:34 PM
This is why I don't like being compared to teams like the Bengals. Thank god we are climbing out of the basement. Imagined how pissed we would be if our FO let Andre Johnson go without trying to franchise him, instead franchising Kris Brown. I think that there would be a revolt on Kirby!

HOU-TEX
02-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Huh?? What??!? :foottap: AFC Central?

Easy, TB, easy.

No team has ever come close to the Oilers or Texans. Remember, I've always had a soft spot for the underdog. I made it known a couple years ago that I liked the Cards for Pete sake. Now that they're pretty good I reckon I might dislike them now. :thinking:

eriadoc
02-17-2009, 02:28 PM
To answer your question, it is Mike Brown. THeir owner who has been their GM for years and years. THe guy is horrible and pretty much just as bad as Al Davis. He might be the worst in the NFL from the last 20 years when you consider how many poor seasons the Bengals have had and he was the one calling the shots the whole time. He has total control.

I think Mike Brown S from the Bears would be a great find If he's on the market we need to pull the trigger a 1 year deal would be nice lets see what happens... Hell he's better than that Demps guy we have now!

I think Mike Brown of the Bears would be a better GM of the Bengals.

TEXANRED
02-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Easy, TB, easy.

No team has ever come close to the Oilers or Texans. Remember, I've always had a soft spot for the underdog. I made it known a couple years ago that I liked the Cards for Pete sake. Now that they're pretty good I reckon I might dislike them now. :thinking:

There will never be an excuse to like Cleveland, Cincy, Pits, Sam Wyshce, Chuck Knoll, Marty Whateverhymer, or Bill Pukeacheck.

For shame on you.

I guess you like the Jags too.

Texan_Bill
02-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Easy, TB, easy.

There will never be an excuse to like Cleveland, Cincy, Pits, Sam Wyshce, Chuck Knoll, Marty Whateverhymer, or Bill Pukeacheck.

For shame on you.

What Red said.

HOU-TEX
02-18-2009, 09:51 AM

For shame on you.

What Red said.

Bite me. :foottap:

Texan_Bill
02-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Bite me. :foottap:

Hey Whitesnake, that's all you got??

HOU-TEX
02-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Hey Whitesnake, that's all you got??

I got your whitesnake right here.

Thorn
02-18-2009, 03:20 PM
this thread is making me laugh, which I needed this afternoon. :)