PDA

View Full Version : Broncos release six players, including DT Robertson, LB Winborn

Jottoz
02-16-2009, 09:57 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80ec5f16&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true
I see where this thread is going :shades:

Wouldn't mind picking up Big Dewayne Robertson for the right price

Goldensilence
02-17-2009, 01:43 AM
Robertson hitting the market will be interesting. While all the players realeased is interesting what got me the most was at the end of the article:

Notes: Xanders declined to say whether the team would shift from a 4-3 defensive front to a 3-4 with three down linemen and four linebackers, and he indicated the Broncos might make moves to bolster the 17 draft picks they'll have over the next two years

nunusguy
02-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Where was Robertson taken, #4 # 5 overall and as I recall somebody (the Jets) traded up to get him ? He's been a bust all the way around. Bad move
by Shanny to pick him up.

RipTraxx
02-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Where was Robertson taken, #4 # 5 overall and as I recall somebody (the Jets) traded up to get him ? He's been a bust all the way around. Bad move
by Shanny to pick him up.

Well no one is gonna give him that big contract now. Broncos D was a complete mess. No one really performed on that side of the ball so im not so quick to call him a bust.

El Tejano
02-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Doing my best not to start a new thread but appearantly Dre Bly was released as well. Now, I think if there is a veteran corner out there that we could get on the cheap and still upgrade our CB position this is the guy.

Key words: Verteran corner on the cheap still upgrade.

El Tejano
02-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Thoughts about Dre Bly?

DiehardChris
02-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Thoughts about Dre Bly?

About to turn 32, and a starter on one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL last year. No way. He was a disaster in Denver.

TexansFan33
02-18-2009, 03:47 PM
after i saw Dre Bly get ROASTED by Greg Jennings on a GO route i'll pass the guy is washed up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_6LcGbHxR8
This is the video of Bly's career comming to an end.

bah007
02-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Bly was never really that good. He has really good hands so he can get INT's, but as far as coverage is concerned, I think he is sub-par.

infantrycak
02-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Doing my best not to start a new thread but appearantly Dre Bly was released as well. Now, I think if there is a veteran corner out there that we could get on the cheap and still upgrade our CB position this is the guy.

Key words: Verteran corner on the cheap still upgrade.

Stickied to the top of the forum is a free agents thread that can be a home for discussion of folks like Bly.

Big Poundcake
02-24-2009, 01:18 AM
I'd love for the Texans to bring in the DT Robertson. I think he has a couple of good seasons left in him.