PDA

View Full Version : McAlister released by Ravens

JayCee
02-16-2009, 04:35 PM
PFT

RAVENS DUMP MCALISTER
Posted by Mike Florio on February 16, 2009, 2:20 p.m.
On the same day that the Jaguars released a first-round pick from the 1998 draft, the Ravens have done the same thing, albeit with less fanfare, to a first-rounder from the following year.

Per a league source, the Ravens have parted ways with cornerback Chris McAlister.

The move comes as little surprise, given that McAlister was due to earn base salaries of $8 million in each of the next three seasons.

McAlister played in only six games last season before hearing to the injured reserve list. He was benched at one point by coach John Harbaugh after violating the teamís dress code.

The ten-year veteran was the first draft choice of the Brian Billick era.

UPDATE: At 3:27 p.m. EST, we received an official announcement of the move via e-mail from the Ravens.

he's on the wrong side 30, but short term would love to have him here.

gary
02-16-2009, 04:50 PM
There has to be some old vet that will work out for us better than Green did I hope.

steelbtexan
02-16-2009, 04:54 PM
This is the guy I want to see us pick up along with M. Peterson.

These guys would immediately upgrade our back 7.

McAlister has 3 years left in the tank & should be a reasonable $ signing.

gary
02-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Not with the luck the Texans have had.

bah007
02-16-2009, 06:16 PM
If anything, he could teach our young guys the tricks of the trade.

McCalister was elite in his prime.

I'm never against bringing in a talented CB.

mexican_texan
02-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Dunta played better when he had Aaron Glenn tutoring him. McAlister was a better corner than Glenn and I expect Molden to be better than Dunta.

WolverineFan
02-16-2009, 07:52 PM
If anything, he could teach our young guys the tricks of the trade.

McCalister was elite in his prime.

I'm never against bringing in a talented CB.

Yes, but how much does he have left. I'm assuming he will want starter money, but will he perform up to those expectations. He's had a lot of trouble with injuries in the last couple of years which turns me off of him a little.

He has a lot of similarites to Green. Very good in his prime, but hit that 30 wall and became an injury nightmare.

DBCooper
02-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Dunta played better when he had Aaron Glenn tutoring him. McAlister was a better corner than Glenn and I expect Molden to be better than Dunta.

That is arguable.

Sal Rosenberg
02-16-2009, 07:57 PM
CM is a huge stud!We need to go after this guy right away to improve our secondary.He has a few years left for sure.

mexican_texan
02-16-2009, 08:05 PM
That is arguable.
I think Glenn had a better career, but at the peak of their careers, I'd take McAlister.

Goldensilence
02-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Would love to see a guy like Chris come on board here. I just don't see that happening though. We've got a fair amount of money tied up in Reeves contract and for all the flames the guy gets, he wasn't Petey bad this year. Bennett had a a sophmore slump but I can't help but wonder how much of that was the due to the former staff. Molden looked good in ST but would've liked to see him in action at CB from what i recall he looked good in TC. Dunta is a question mark far as contract goes. If he is asking for Clemens or Samuels money IMO I'd let him walk but I think both sides will work out a fair contract. Letting Dunta walk is the only way I see us signing McAlister.