PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Marshawn Lynch News?

HoustonFrog
02-16-2009, 01:09 PM
That's right, he isn't a Cowboy:) ;) In other news..this guy is trouble...lol

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3909366

Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch is in trouble with the law again.

Lynch, who played in the Pro Bowl one week ago, was arrested Wednesday in Culver City, Calif., on felony charges for possession of a concealed firearm.

The Culver City Police Department on Sunday afternoon released a brief statement with details of the arrest. The statement noted officers spotted three men in a 2006 Mercedes Benz and recognized Lynch as the Bills' running back.

"A subsequent field investigation led to the discovery of a loaded firearm," the report said. "The officers determined the gun belonged to Lynch and he was arrested for possession of a concealed firearm."

Lynch's lawyer, M. Gerald Schwartzbach, said his client was not involved in a traffic incident. Schwartzbach said the player was in California to visit friends.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff Department's inmate database says Lynch was booked at 7:12 p.m. and was released on a $35,000 bond at 8:45 p.m.

"We are aware of it and will monitor it," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wrote in an e-mail to ESPN.com.........................

Lynch last summer was the subject of a hit-and-run investigation in Buffalo after his luxury SUV struck a woman in the street and sped away.

After nearly a month of posturing from Lynch's lawyers and the Erie County District Attorney, Lynch paid a $100 fine in a plea agreement. He didn't face criminal charges because the woman's injuries weren't serious enough. She sustained a bruised hip and cut to her thigh that required seven stitches at a local hospital.

In 2006, as Lynch was about to enter his junior season at California, he was the target of a drive-by shooting outside his prep alma mater, Oakland Technical. Police determined Lynch was the victim of mistaken identity.

Lynch, who will turn 23 in April, ran for 1,038 yards and eight touchdowns last season. He also caught 47 passes for 300 yards and a touchdown

Texecutioner
02-16-2009, 01:12 PM
What does this have to do with the Cowboys? Absolutely nothing. Although he does have a lot in common with many current and ex Cowboys players since you want to drag that franchise into this. Maybe he'll be one soon.

bah007
02-16-2009, 01:27 PM
What does this have to do with the Cowboys? Absolutely nothing. Although he does have a lot in common with many current and ex Cowboys players since you want to drag that franchise into this. Maybe he'll be one soon.

I'm assuming his point was more toward the fact that this board blows up when a Dallas bench warmer gets in trouble, but when a pro bowler from another team messes up there isn't even a thread about it.

IIRC, Lynch had a few character concerns during his time at Cal. Apparently he hasn't matured all that much.

Texecutioner
02-16-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm assuming his point was more toward the fact that this board blows up when a Dallas bench warmer gets in trouble, but when a pro bowler from another team messes up there isn't even a thread about it.

IIRC, Lynch had a few character concerns during his time at Cal. Apparently he hasn't matured all that much.

There is a reason why the Cowboys players get mentioned more, and that is because of their long history for going after players with issues and also having players on their teams with issues. If it wasn't such a common thing for Jerry to go after guys with who have low character issues, then people in here wouldn't talk about it as much. And it isn't even just in here, the Cowboys are criticized everywhere for having knuckle headed players and not caring about who they bring in. The Bengals get criticized the same way and so do the Raiders because they are similar. Frog just isn't mentioning them because he isn't a fan of those teams.

HoustonFrog
02-16-2009, 01:32 PM

Thanks for explaining Bah!..LOL. It's like the Plaxico thread that I prefaced by saying I would beat haters to the punch about Dallas signing him. 3-4 people still brought this up meaning they didn't read my comments and went right into the same tired line mode. But you hit the nail on the head..if it was a practice squader we would be on page 3.

As for Lynch. Another that will be out of the league at some point and another example of how alot of these guys just don't get it.

There is a reason why the Cowboys players get mentioned more, and that is because of their long history for going after players with issues and also having players on their teams with issues. If it wasn't such a common thing for Jerry to go after guys with who have low character issues, then people in here wouldn't talk about it as much. And it isn't even just in here, the Cowboys are criticized everywhere for having knuckle headed players and not caring about who they bring in. The Bengals get criticized the same way and so do the Raiders because they are similar. Frog just isn't mentioning them because he isn't a fan of those teams.

No, I don't mention them because they are never brought up here....not surprising. Dallas was rarely mentioned here until this past year or so. I won't go into debate mode again but I already laid out NY Times articles, etc about many, many teams with knuckleheads that aren't mentioned....Denver included. I think your "history" is short sided as to who they sign. Maybe I'll start just announcing all players on Dallas and other teams who represent the mass majority and who do United Way, etc. How much fun would that be? :)You were one of a few who skipped the joking intro to make your Dallas crack in the Plax thread. No surprise.

bah007
02-16-2009, 01:36 PM

I'm not debating that stuff with you. That stuff is all true.

But that doesn't explain why there was no thread about Marshawn when a T.O. thread would be on page five by now.

A lot of people hate the Cowboys. But down here in Houston it seems that it has less to do with their owner, players, and fans and more to do with their history of winning.

HoustonFrog
02-16-2009, 01:38 PM

But that doesn't explain why there was no thread about Marshawn when a T.O. thread would be on page five by now.

A lot of people hate the Cowboys. But down here in Houston it seems that it has less to do with their owner, players, and fans and more to do with their history of winning.

You said it all. I'll stop there. This wasn't supposed to be serious anyways. I just wanted to have some fun with a thug on another team that wasn't on page 5 here.

But on point. What are the Bills going to do?I don't even think they have anyone but Fred Jackson backing him up.

Again, this was in fun..let's not get into the fray. My bad for making the joke. I started it.:)

Texecutioner
02-16-2009, 01:43 PM

I disagree about why a lot of fans don't like the Cowboys. I don't think it is because of their winning. Hell, they haven't won anything since the 90's any way. Plus, they aren't even in our conference. I think it has more to do with having to see and talk to a lot of arrogant Cowboy fans out here and many like myself hate to see Houstonians rooting for the Cowboys and not the Texans and many of them come off as band wagoners. And I think you under estimate why people can't stand Jerry Jones. No one likes to see an owner of any team display a lack of morals and standards when it comes to who he pays for their services and how empowers players like TO and makes them a leader on his team. He did the same thing with Michael Irvin after he stabbed one of his own team mates on the team's premises.

As for TO, of course it would be longer because every year TO is in the middle of some controversy and has already brought two teams down and if you want to count last season he has brought 3 teams down. TO is an entirely different factor and really isn't comparable here and neither would be Pac Man Jones considering what a long trail of disaster he has left behind his path. Of course guys like them will be talked about more because of the long history.

mexican_texan
02-16-2009, 01:47 PM

Marshawn Lynch looks and sounds very unprofessional, one of his overanalyzed faults going into the draft.

http://z.about.com/d/football/1/0/Y/N/MarshawnLynch1.jpg

HOU-TEX
02-16-2009, 02:00 PM
I consider myself to be a tall goofy looking dude, but damn! Lynch has got to be one of the most f--ked up alien looking creatures I've seen. :photos:

HoustonFrog
02-16-2009, 02:05 PM
I consider myself to be a tall goofy looking dude, but damn! Lynch has got to be one of the most f--ked up alien looking creatures I've seen. :photos:

What are you talking about
http://i42.tinypic.com/2dkg8dv.jpg

HOU-TEX
02-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Frog, if you weren't such a cool cat, I'd be Neg Rep you every time I was able to give it to you. LOL :)

Man, that dude's just messed up! He definitely hit a few hundred branches while falling from the ugly tree.

Texecutioner
02-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Gold teeth are soooooo classy.

:sarcasm:

HoustonFrog
02-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Frog, if you weren't such a cool cat, I'd be Neg Rep you every time I was able to give it to you. LOL :)

Man, that dude's just messed up! He definitely hit a few hundred branches while falling from the ugly tree.

LOL..I had a worse one but it was too big.

HOU-TEX
02-16-2009, 02:15 PM
LOL..I had a worse one but it was too big.

That's the one I saw. Nothing like my entire screen being covered by the face of Lynch. Good Gravy!

HoustonFrog
02-16-2009, 02:21 PM
That's the one I saw. Nothing like my entire screen being covered by the face of Lynch. Good Gravy!

Good times!Yeah I thought it would be too much for most here. :hide:

Texecutioner
02-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Who is worse? Marshawn Lynch or this guy?

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/nickms/chris-johnson-titans-draft_nc.jpg

Touch call if you ask me.

HOU-TEX
02-16-2009, 02:28 PM

No way. Lynch blows that dude away. The fugly meter pegs out on Lynch.

cuppacoffee
02-17-2009, 09:50 AM

Looks like he might be Whoopie's son. Strong resemblance.

:coffee:

Brando
04-09-2009, 12:47 PM
One day after Michael Smith of ESPN.com reported that Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch would be suspended without pay for three games for violating the NFL personal conduct policy, the league made that action official today.

The NFL has announced that Lynch has been punished following his guilty plea to a misdemeanor gun charge in California. Lynch is reportedly planning to appeal the suspension.

Here’s the complete press release from the league office:

“Marshawn Lynch of the Buffalo Bills has been notified that he will be suspended without pay for the team’s first three regular-season games of 2009 for violating the NFL Personal Conduct Policy. Subject to a potential appeal, Lynch’s three-game suspension would begin after the team’s final preseason game.

“He would be eligible to return to the Bills’ active roster following the team’s third regular-season game. Lynch may fully participate in the team’s offseason program and in all preseason practices and games prior to the suspension.”
pft (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/09/its-official-lynch-suspended-for-three-games/)

We might play in Buffalo in that 3 week span.

Texecutioner
04-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Looks like he might be Whoopie's son. Strong resemblance.

:coffee:

Whoopie's son? :spit:

CTWade
04-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Where is the Marshawn Lynch News?

Where is the story? On my scale of evil and dastardly things a man can do, having a gun doesn't rank very high on the list. So what if the Californians don't like it?