PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Suggs loves him some Houston

Shaft75
02-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Did anyone else catch this on NFLN tonight?

In the "4 downs" segment on Total Access Suggs asked where his favorite city was of an opposing team. He chose Houston citing its good food and calling it a great city.

Front office, please call this guy's agent!

mexican_texan
02-12-2009, 01:01 AM
I can't see him leaving Baltimore. I'm sure he also enjoyed the beatdown on us.

ChampionTexan
02-12-2009, 01:07 AM

In the "4 downs" segment on Total Access Suggs asked where his favorite city was of an opposing team. He chose Houston citing its good food and calling it a great city.

Did you also hear Rod Woodson almost guarantee that he was going to get the franchise tag put on him again?

mexican_texan
02-12-2009, 01:12 AM
Baltimore will sign 2 of it's 3 free agent linebackers and it's looking like Bart Scott will walk, or hopefully fly to Houston.

JCTexan
02-12-2009, 01:38 AM
Scott & Suggs are still 3-4 linebackers. Would it be wise for the Texans to sign either of them?

mexican_texan
02-12-2009, 01:48 AM
The Ravens ran a lot of different defensive formations, including the 4-3

gtexan02
02-12-2009, 08:36 AM
Anyone else remember the last time we signed a promising defensive end from the Ravens? Yikes

El Tejano
02-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Anyone else remember the last time we signed a promising defensive end from the Ravens? Yikes

Terrell Suggs doesn't have promise written all over him. He has already all-pro written all over him.

Shaft75
02-12-2009, 09:17 AM
I think he would be a no brainer. He's hard nosed, gets to the passer, plays through severe injury, and has a tough mans mentality. He has played a lot of DE also. Imagine the game plan we would have with two DEs that can stand up and are that athletic.

4Texans
02-12-2009, 09:17 AM
I would be shocked if we got Suggs. I don't see Baltimore letting him get away.

nunusguy
02-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Of course Suggs was a 4-3 DE in college, and we almost drafted him back then which would have been a good move but a better move was to do what we did and that was to draft AJ. Recall that of course we were also a 3-4 team back then. I dunno how he'd do in the 4-3 in the NFL. They got him listed at 6'3" & 260 so he's got descent size.
Interesting that he'd mention Houston since he's not from these parts and not an obvious alternative for him since we are 4-3 ? I dunno, maybe he knows something the rest of us don't ?

El Tejano
02-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Interesting that he'd mention Houston since he's not from these parts and not an obvious alternative for him since we are 4-3 ? I dunno, maybe he knows something the rest of us don't ?

When you are a free agent you gotta create that buzz to get your team to jump at making you the offer you want.

Mr teX
02-12-2009, 10:29 AM
i click on the new post tab & the 1st thing i see is 2 threads, 1 talking about how Peppers wouldn't mind coming here & 1 talking about how Suggs likes the houston area. Does anyone think there's something fishy going on here? Like maybe both these guys are using houston (where our defensive needs are well chronicled) against their home teams to leverage fat contracts & really have no intention of leaving the panthers / Ravens. It just seems kinda suspicious that both of these guys coming from top rated defenses have houston on their radars...

Either that, or Mario was recruiting at the pro bowl...The man can do it all!

Shaft75
02-12-2009, 12:19 PM
i click on the new post tab & the 1st thing i see is 2 threads, 1 talking about how Peppers wouldn't mind coming here & 1 talking about how Suggs likes the houston area. Does anyone think there's something fishy going on here? Like maybe both these guys are using houston (where our defensive needs are well chronicled) against their home teams to leverage fat contracts & really have no intention of leaving the panthers / Ravens. It just seems kinda suspicious that both of these guys coming from top rated defenses have houston on their radars...

I see what you are saying. We do have the money to pay these guys also.

I like Suggs though, and he likes Houston. Get the contract going.

DBCooper
02-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Scott & Suggs are still 3-4 linebackers. Would it be wise for the Texans to sign either of them?

The dude is a football player. He can play 4-3 LB or as a DE.

Maybe we should start showing more 3-4 looks. But we need to start loading up on LB's.

bah007
02-12-2009, 12:34 PM

Maybe we should start showing more 3-4 looks. But we need to start loading up on LB's.

Let's fix what we're doing now before we start adding new pages to the playbook.

WolverineFan
02-12-2009, 12:34 PM
He played 4-3 DE in college and holds the NCAA single season record for sacks. He plays 3-4 OLB & 4-3 DE in the Ravens defense and he could play DE for us opposite Mario. He would play the left-side while Mario plays the right-side. I would love for us to get him but Baltimore is not stupid, they will not let him get away easy. They will sign a deal or franchise him. He's more valuable today than either Lewis or Scott.

Maddict5
02-12-2009, 12:48 PM
He would play the left-side while Mario plays the right-side.

other way round but yeah it'd be nice but its a pipedream

WolverineFan
02-12-2009, 12:53 PM
other way round but yeah it'd be nice but its a pipedream

I only say left-side because he is much smaller than Mario so he could play weakside while Mario lines up on the LT and probably a TE.

TheRealJoker
02-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Terrell Suggs could most definately play DE in our system. Coach Kollar is used to having smallish DEs with a high motor. Suggs would look great opposite Mario and the two of them would be a matchup nightmare for opposing teams.

It would pretty much have to make our 1st round DTs productive with thoe two monsters on the edge.

Goldensilence
02-12-2009, 01:43 PM

Remind you of Pace and St. Louis much? Difference is at this point it's all speculation. But in the end could very well be right about Suggs leveraging our defensive needs and healthy cap space(finally). Peppers I do see realistically leaving.

How about we learn how to run a 4-3 whom we have the personnell to run. While a 3-4 can be very effective when run you need someone with experience and can distinguish who is a good fit for each spot. I'll keep saying it as well I would hate to waste Mario's talents as a 3-4 DE.

GP
02-12-2009, 01:50 PM

Orlando Pace did that same thing.

It was reported he was set to hop a plane and visit the Texans, and the Rams' pulled him off that bird (or caught him before he had left St. Louis) and gave into his contract demands.

And THAT was a good thing, because IIRC he got hurt that year.

A lot of us speculated that he was just using us as a way to force the Rams into action. I think it happened with another high-profile player, as well, but I can't remember for sure.

GP
02-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Terrell Suggs could most definately play DE in our system. Coach Kollar is used to having smallish DEs with a high motor. Suggs would look great opposite Mario and the two of them would be a matchup nightmare for opposing teams.

It would pretty much have to make our 1st round DTs productive with thoe two monsters on the edge.

AND...it wouldn't be a laugher if we dropped Suggs back into coverage on a TE. He's got the wheels to defend the shallow flats of the field.

Hooston Texan
02-12-2009, 02:13 PM

It would be a huge upset if Peppers returned to the Panthers. I believe that bridge is good and torched. The Ravens are in a tough spot with all their FA's. They have to make a hard choice there, but if I'm them, Suggs would be the top priority. Sorry, Ray-Ray.

As for players using us to extort better deals, I don't really care so long as we don't take a "Peppers or bust" attitude and ignore other potentially-useful players. If we can drive up our competitors' costs without impacting our own, that's a good thing.

But we're hearing these "I like Houston" stories because we're a large market team in one of the few areas of the country where the economy is not on life-support (though if oil falls much further and doesn't rebound in the Spring, that may change). By all accounts, our offense has improved exponentially over the last 3 years while the defense lags. And we have some real cap room now to go with our deep-pocket owner. So just about every defensive player on the market should be looking at us as a potential suitor.

Mr teX
02-12-2009, 02:27 PM
It would be a huge upset if Peppers returned to the Panthers. I believe that bridge is good and torched. The Ravens are in a tough spot with all their FA's. They have to make a hard choice there, but if I'm them, Suggs would be the top priority. Sorry, Ray-Ray.

As for players using us to extort better deals, I don't really care so long as we don't take a "Peppers or bust" attitude and ignore other potentially-useful players. If we can drive up our competitors' costs without impacting our own, that's a good thing.

But we're hearing these "I like Houston" stories because we're a large market team in one of the few areas of the country where the economy is not on life-support (though if oil falls much further and doesn't rebound in the Spring, that may change). By all accounts, our offense has improved exponentially over the last 3 years while the defense lags. And we have some real cap room now to go with our deep-pocket owner. So just about every defensive player on the market should be looking at us as a potential suitor.

Imo, I don't think the economy is coming into play with this at all but i guess u could sort of look at it from that perspective. I mean in addition to the houston ties, both guys might be looking for teams with a little punch on the opposite side of the ball as both of their current teams are offense-challenged so to speak. All this in conjunction with the cap space we're projected to have...

whiskeyrbl
02-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Refresh my memory here, when a team franchises you are you untouchable??
Or is that you have to give up 2 1st rds or equivelent?? The reason I ask is since we are looking for a DE and an OLB is it not feasable(sp) that we could make a play for this guy considering we are in pretty good shape cap wise?:jogger:

Mr teX
02-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Or is that you have to give up 2 1st rds or equivelent?? The reason I ask is since we are looking for a DE and an OLB is it not feasable(sp) that we could make a play for this guy considering we are in pretty good shape cap wise?:jogger:

That pretty much makes u untouchable as far as most teams are concerned. yes, in theory we could make a play for him, but i don't know if any player outside of Peyton Manning & Tom Brady pre-injury is worth that price. Anybody else & we might as well bend over & touch grab our ankles

infantrycak
02-12-2009, 02:59 PM

There are two types of franchise tag. With an exclusive franchise tag, nobody can negotiate with the player--the offer must be average of top 5 in the current year at the position. With a non-exclusive tag (offer must be at least average of top 5 at the position in the prior year) the player can negotiate and sign an offer sheet. Then the original team can match or decline and get 2 1st's. A practical in between is to negotiate a deal but not sign the offer sheet and then the two teams negotiate something lower than 2 1st's.

HOU-TEX
02-12-2009, 03:05 PM
There are two types of franchise tag. With an exclusive franchise tag, nobody can negotiate with the player--the offer must be average of top 5 in the current year at the position. With a non-exclusive tag (offer must be at least average of top 5 at the position in the prior year) the player can negotiate and sign an offer sheet. Then the original team can match or decline and get 2 1st's. A practical in between is to negotiate a deal but not sign the offer sheet and then the two teams negotiate something lower than 2 1st's.

I reckon this is what the Pats have in mind in regards to Cassel. At least I would hope so.

whiskeyrbl
02-12-2009, 06:09 PM
that pretty much makes u untouchable as far as most teams are concerned. Yes, in theory we could make a play for him, but i don't know if any player outside of peyton manning & tom brady pre-injury is worth that price. Anybody else & we might as well bend over & touch grab our ankles

lmao

TEXANRED
02-12-2009, 06:27 PM

would Suggs be a DE or a LB?

Could you imagine having Suggs at SLB, DM in the middle, Peppers and Williams all on our front 7?

I think I just heard Manning crap himself.

infantrycak
02-12-2009, 06:43 PM

Could you imagine having Suggs at SLB, DM in the middle, Peppers and Williams all on our front 7?

Well hell, while you're at it stick Haynesworth in at DT as well.

Goldensilence
02-12-2009, 06:49 PM

He'd be a DE.

TEXANRED
02-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Well hell, while you're at it stick Haynesworth in at DT as well.

Now that would be silly.

Yankee_In_TX
02-12-2009, 07:14 PM

And they cut him off!

b0ng
02-12-2009, 07:16 PM
With how players will use one team to make their own team pay them, I will only believe a Suggs2Houston deal when he is signed. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors.

mattieuk
02-12-2009, 07:21 PM
With how players will use one team to make their own team pay them, I will only believe a Suggs2Houston deal when he is signed. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors.

In fairness, the only team they even spoke about regarding leaving was meeting up with Rex again in NY, and even that didn't go down too well with Suggs. Seems like a level headed guy, who's gonna be sticking in Baltimore IMO.

DBCooper
02-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Let's fix what we're doing now before we start adding new pages to the playbook.

We did.

We fired Smith.

DBCooper
02-12-2009, 08:32 PM
How about we learn how to run a 4-3 whom we have the personnell to run. While a 3-4 can be very effective when run you need someone with experience and can distinguish who is a good fit for each spot. I'll keep saying it as well I would hate to waste Mario's talents as a 3-4 DE.

I'm not saying we switch to the 3-4, I'm just an advocate for exotic looks.

Suggs can fit any scheme they throw at him.

TheRealJoker
02-12-2009, 09:24 PM
I hate all this talk about, "Well so and so has played in ___ scheme therefore he can only excel in that scheme."

A good football player will excel in any scheme you give him. Terrell Suggs is a good football player.

Now granted, there are players who do better in certain schemes but for the most part NFL level talent should be able to excel in any scheme given proper coaching allowing them to excel. EX: Lets not have guys like Weaver drop back in coverage and/or Okoye hold blockers.

Htownsportsfan
02-12-2009, 10:34 PM
I would put my hard earned money on Baltimore getting a deal done with either Scott or Suggs and franshising the one they cant get a deal done with. That means Ray Lewis will be moving on to a new team. I know they all love Ray but he has more miles on him than the other two and while he is still a GREAT player the Ravens will think they can get more in the long run from Scott and Suggs. Someone like Jerry Jones is going to over pay Lewis to make a big splash in FA!

HOU-TEX
02-13-2009, 09:55 AM
HOU-TEX loves him some Houston too. Does that mean I have a chance of playing for the Texans? :specnatz:

Polo
02-13-2009, 10:02 AM
HOU-TEX loves him some Houston too. Does that mean I have a chance of playing for the Texans? :specnatz:

You'd have a better chance if you were in the NFL :specnatz:

HOU-TEX
02-13-2009, 10:09 AM
You'd have a better chance if you were in the NFL :specnatz:

Which is probably still a better chance than Suggs coming here. :shades:

Vinny
02-13-2009, 11:03 AM

Suggs is an edge rusher. All you need to do is put him on the edge and let him get after the QB. You do that in any system....

Or if you want a 'professional' opinion I also do impersonations....

*ahem*, In my best John McClain voice: "Suggs would never go to a 4-3 team because he is a 3-4 linebacker....mumble, grumble, *cough*, have you seen my latest movie role playing a washed up NFL beat writer"?

Texan_Bill
02-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Suggs is an edge rusher. All you need to do is put him on the edge and let him get after the QB. You do that in any system....

*ahem*, In my best John McClain voice: "Suggs would never go to a 4-3 team because he is a 3-4 linebacker....mumble, grumble, *cough*, have you seen my latest movie role playing a washed up NFL beat writer"?

Nice McClain impersonation!!

awtysst
02-13-2009, 07:34 PM

Vinny, excellent impersonation, though you forgot something. Allow me to add.

"mumble, mumble, grumble, grumble. I also hang out with a brunette that is a 1/3 of my age and stick her in every video I can because my writing/analysis is so subpar nobody would want to even look at my blog without her. "

DBCooper
02-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Vinny, excellent impersonation, though you forgot something. Allow me to add.

"mumble, mumble, grumble, grumble. I also hang out with a brunette that is a 1/3 of my age and stick her in every video I can because my writing/analysis is so subpar nobody would want to even look at my blog without her. "

Awesome Avatar!

gary
02-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Suggs won't happen but it'd be nice to see.

Blake
02-15-2009, 09:15 PM

Thats the way I feel about Suggs. In either system he is a pass rusher. I would love to have him.

WesmanTexanfan
02-15-2009, 09:52 PM

Ive always felt the only place that rivals our food is New York City, and ive been to alot of places....

I dont even order mexican food outside of Texas....

oh, and ya, of course id love to get suggs, I didnt even see the piece and the guy might now be my favorite active non Texan.....

The Pencil Neck
02-16-2009, 01:06 AM
Ive always felt the only place that rivals our food is New York City, and ive been to alot of places....

I've lived a LOT of places and while I love the food here, I can think of lots of places where I've had food at least as good as I've had here.

Roy's in Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii is simply amazing. This is now a chain and there's a great one in Dallas.

The Italian food in northeastern PA is amazing. There was a little family restaurant called Villa Rosa in Yardley that had the best Italian I'd ever had... until I actually went to Italy. There are restaurants in Venice, Florence, and Rome that can kill you because the food is so good. Far Niente in Glendale, CA, is another great Italian restaurant.

There was a great restaurant called Green Park Brasserie in Bath, England, that simply rawks.

The best Chinese I've had was the Slippery Shrimp at a little restuarant in Chinatown in LA... that I cannot remember the name of. The best Hot & Sour soup was a place called Shangri-La in Chandler, AZ.

New Orleans has some excellent restaurants.

The Key Lime Pie in the Florida Keys kills.

And you can find good Mexican food outside of Texas. Especially in some parts of Mexico. And after a lot of searching I did find some edible Mexican food in Arizona... and maybe ONE place in California. But it took a lot of searching and eating a lot of bad food.

The food does rock in Texas. I gain about 8 pounds every time I move back here.

scourge
02-16-2009, 02:04 AM

nice...

BattleRedToro
02-16-2009, 08:02 AM

You need to add in some wheezing and heavy breathing.

Everytime I hear McClain, it sounds to me like the guy just got done running a marathon.

Texan_Bill
02-16-2009, 10:39 AM
You need to add in some wheezing and heavy breathing.

Everytime I hear McClain, it sounds to me like the guy just got done running a marathon.

I think of a perv on a crank call.

Specnatz
02-16-2009, 11:04 AM
I think of a perv on a crank call.

You think of yourself? :smiliedance:

Shaft75
02-16-2009, 04:52 PM
You think of yourself? :smiliedance:

His perverted calls aren't cranks. They are very expensive and intense. HA!:kingkong:

Texecutioner
02-16-2009, 05:10 PM

oh, and ya, of course id love to get suggs, I didnt even see the piece and the guy might now be my favorite active non Texan.....

I wouldn't put any city up there with Houston as far as food goes. Our restaurants in my opinion are 2nd to none. WOuldn't trade them for another city's assortment ever.

Shaft75
02-16-2009, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't put any city up there with Houston as far as food goes. Our restaurants in my opinion are 2nd to none. WOuldn't trade them for another city's assortment ever.

I have family that loves coming here and trying new restaurants. BTW, Benjy's was off the hook this weekend. They have great food.

Texecutioner
02-16-2009, 05:45 PM
I have family that loves coming here and trying new restaurants. BTW, Benjy's was off the hook this weekend. They have great food.

What is Benji's?

Has anyone been to Del Frisco's Steak house at the Galleria? Best steak house in town in my opinion. I like it even better than the Strip house.

Shaft75
02-16-2009, 06:49 PM
What is Benji's?

Has anyone been to Del Frisco's Steak house at the Galleria? Best steak house in town in my opinion. I like it even better than the Strip house.

Del Frisco's is great. I went to the one in Fort Worth before we even had one in Houston.

Benjy's is in Rice Village and I think they just opened up a place in the Heights off of Washington Ave. The have like an American/Texan/Asian fusion artsy thing going on. Their food is really good though. Trendy kind of place too.

There are tons of good places to eat out here though. Pesce, Shade, Backstreet Cafe, Dolce Vita, Ra Sushi, Hobbit Cafe, Mark's fine dining, too many to name!!!!!!

BattleRedToro
02-16-2009, 08:27 PM
I took my wife to eat at McCormick and Schmick's Seafood Restaurant in the Houston Pavilions for Valentine's Day. Everything we tried tasted great, and the service was excellent.

Shaft75
02-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Well, nevermind then. The Ravens franchised Suggs again.

SteveSlaton20
02-18-2009, 07:50 PM

:( dang it.

Errant Hothy
02-19-2009, 11:05 AM

linkage (for those in need):
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3917041

HoustonFrog
02-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Del Frisco's is great. I went to the one in Fort Worth before we even had one in Houston.

Benjy's is in Rice Village and I think they just opened up a place in the Heights off of Washington Ave. The have like an American/Texan/Asian fusion artsy thing going on. Their food is really good though. Trendy kind of place too.

There are tons of good places to eat out here though. Pesce, Shade, Backstreet Cafe, Dolce Vita, Ra Sushi, Hobbit Cafe, Mark's fine dining, too many to name!!!!!!

I just had Benjys for my birthday this past Friday the 13th!Great place..in Rice Village. Although the one on Washington is larger and looks like it has more room. Great food.

Houston has more restaurants per capita than almost all cities in the US and we have some great ones! Backstreet used to be my date place before heading for wine at La Carafe:)

As far as Steak places....Pappas Steakhouse is by far the best. I've had friends who used to argue Vic and Anthonys, Strip House, etc, etc and they all have come around that the best steak in town is Pappas. In fact that used to be my Birthday place. The New York Strip is tops there...no filet.

Franchise tag..no good!

El Tejano
02-19-2009, 11:13 AM
So this is pretty much going to make Bart Scott available huh?

WolverineFan
02-19-2009, 12:06 PM
So this is pretty much going to make Bart Scott available huh?

I'm very hesitant about Scott. He has played very well for the Ravens, but so did Adalius Thomas. I believe it has more to do with the system than the player. Not saying he isn't good, but if we threw down the checkbook for him we might come away disappointed.

Bulluck53
02-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Scott and Lewis could be tied up if they so wish. They had $19 mil in cap room before McCallister was released and before they tagged Suggs, but Suggs number won't be extremely high.

EDIT: nevermind Suggs number will be around $10 mil this year, but point is they have space to fill.

Shaft75
02-19-2009, 12:52 PM
I just had Benjys for my birthday this past Friday the 13th!Great place..in Rice Village. Although the one on Washington is larger and looks like it has more room. Great food.

Houston has more restaurants per capita than almost all cities in the US and we have some great ones! Backstreet used to be my date place before heading for wine at La Carafe:)

As far as Steak places....Pappas Steakhouse is by far the best. I've had friends who used to argue Vic and Anthonys, Strip House, etc, etc and they all have come around that the best steak in town is Pappas. In fact that used to be my Birthday place. The New York Strip is tops there...no filet.

Franchise tag..no good!

Try out Shade in the Heights, they have some great food and it was pretty reasonable.

And guys, Mark's American Cuisine is hands down the best place to take a date. It's a little expensive, but the menu and atmosphere are one of a kind. Or you can just go with McDonald's like TB!:spit:

HoustonFrog
02-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Try out Shade in the Heights, they have some great food and it was pretty reasonable.

And guys, Mark's American Cuisine is hands down the best place to take a date. It's a little expensive, but the menu and atmosphere are one of a kind. Or you can just go with McDonald's like TB!:spit:

I've been to Shade multiple times. In fact when I moved outside the Heights in 2005, I discovered it for many friends. Great place and great little bar too. Just be careful with your car. My sister in law had her car busted into on the street while they are there.

Shaft75
02-19-2009, 01:36 PM
I've been to Shade multiple times. In fact when I moved outside the Heights in 2005, I discovered it for many friends. Great place and great little bar too. Just be careful with your car. My sister in law had her car busted into on the street while they are there.

BTW, my sister and a couple of friends just opened up a bar near Washington Ave., on TC Jester called The Usual. They have a lot of beers that you won't find in many pubs and always have drink specials. It is a cool little hang out and has done well for it's first month. They alse have tv's for the games and karaoke on Saturday night. Cool little place.

Texan_Bill
02-19-2009, 02:12 PM

Whatever works man!

"I'll throw a burger down her throat, 'cause it doesn't mean anything, spin her around the dance floor and then treat the princess like a plastic **** doll"

Shaft75
02-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Whatever works man!

"I'll throw a burger down her throat, 'cause it doesn't mean anything, spin her around the dance floor and then treat the princess like a plastic **** doll"

Class, personified!

HoustonFrog
02-19-2009, 02:38 PM
BTW, my sister and a couple of friends just opened up a bar near Washington Ave., on TC Jester called The Usual. They have a lot of beers that you won't find in many pubs and always have drink specials. It is a cool little hang out and has done well for it's first month. They alse have tv's for the games and karaoke on Saturday night. Cool little place.

Thanks for the update. I'm off of Ella and 43rd area so the whole Heights ( 19th and 11th/Washington/TC Jester) is where we eat dinner alot. Of course with a wife, child and one on the way most of our family outs are Mexican like Tonys on Ella, El Tiempo, Collinas on 19th, Berryhill on 11th, Raia's Italian Market(new off of Washington).....and nicer places we find for date nights including maybe a drink at Max's Wine Dive(great grub), it is nice to know of new places too where maybe I can get out for drinks. I still meet my buds for Friday happy hour or wings and beer but it is usually midtown. I'll have to check it out. Thanks again.:toast2:

Shaft75
02-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm off of Ella and 43rd area so the whole Heights ( 19th and 11th/Washington/TC Jester) is where we eat dinner alot. Of course with a wife, child and one on the way most of our family outs are Mexican like Tonys on Ella, El Tiempo, Collinas on 19th, Berryhill on 11th, Raia's Italian Market(new off of Washington).....and nicer places we find for date nights including maybe a drink at Max's Wine Dive(great grub), it is nice to know of new places too where maybe I can get out for drinks. I still meet my buds for Friday happy hour or wings and beer but it is usually midtown. I'll have to check it out. Thanks again.:toast2:

No prob. They have done a great job over there. I suggest that everyone go there and try a beer that they have probably never heard of before.

infantrycak
02-20-2009, 01:37 AM

Do they have outside seating and if so do they allow dogs? Big weekend consideration for us.

HoustonFrog
02-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Do they have outside seating and if so do they allow dogs? Big weekend consideration for us.

Here is the website and I can't tell...unless I'm missing something....but here is some pub for Shaft's sister's place. I like the beer list. I've just started recently trying some new stuff besides the regular stuff out there and my fave Mexican beers. I drink alot more wine than beer lately but besides downing many domestics with my wings I am like to have just a couple of something different here and there.

Friend of mine confirmed that he has been there and the patio for Spring and Summer is almost complete.

http://www.theusualpub.com/

Shaft75
02-22-2009, 01:13 AM

They do have an outside area. Right now it's like 6 or so picnic tables and some gravel. They will be building a deck after awhile. I don't know about animals though.

Shaft75
02-22-2009, 01:15 AM
Here is the website and I can't tell...unless I'm missing something....but here is some pub for Shaft's sister's place. I like the beer list. I've just started recently trying some new stuff besides the regular stuff out there and my fave Mexican beers. I drink alot more wine than beer lately but besides downing many domestics with my wings I am like to have just a couple of something different here and there.

Friend of mine confirmed that he has been there and the patio for Spring and Summer is almost complete.

http://www.theusualpub.com/

Thanks frog. Let me know if and when you try it out. I didn't even know that they built a website.

mexican_texan
02-22-2009, 01:35 AM
TC Jester must be a long road...I live one street away, but I'm on the other side of town.