PDA

View Full Version : Troy Aikman did WHAT?!

Dread-Head
02-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Troy Aikman has (and has always had) something that not many men who've worn the metallic silver and blue get...MY RESPECT. The class act has done something which to me speaks volumes about his overal character. Congrats Troy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-aikman-collegegraduate&prov=ap&type=lgns

Texan_Bill
02-11-2009, 10:00 AM
While I don't share Dread's enthusiasm ;), I will admit that I'm always happy whenever someone goes back and finishes a promise made to themself, Mom, Dad or whoever.

chicagotexan2
02-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Great news. Now we can get out of the dead end jobs as NFL Analyst and Hot Wing monger.

Texan_Bill
02-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Great news. Now we can get out of the dead end jobs as NFL Analyst and Hot Wing monger.

You forgot the dealership and NASCAR partnership.

WWJD
02-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Emmitt did the same thing..for his momma.

Good for Troy.

WolverineFan
02-11-2009, 11:51 AM
The fact that he can pull 2 A's after about 10 concussions is what impresses me the most.

4Texans
02-11-2009, 12:20 PM

At least he moved up from brick salesman.

TimeKiller
02-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Way to get that sociology degree...my sister is going for that too...

More like a degree in M-R-S!!!

Ole Miss Texan
02-11-2009, 01:22 PM
How could would it be to have him in your class!?

Dread-Head
02-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Emmitt did the same thing..for his momma.

Good for Troy.

Yeah...but Troy can actually read...

bah007
02-11-2009, 01:45 PM

Emmitt can read. He just can't process that information and form it into verbal words.

StarStruck
02-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Good for Troy. I feel encouraged.

Yankee_In_TX
02-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Bruener went back and got his. Mike Doss went back and got his. And countless others.

Speaks volume of their characters and example setting - let's face it, most of them don't need a degree because they're rich. Way to go, guys.

PapaL
02-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Bruener went back and got his. Mike Doss went back and got his. And countless others.

Speaks volume of their characters and example setting - let's face it, most of them don't need a degree because they're rich. Way to go, guys.

Which is why it is easier for most of them to go back and finish.

Beer and Metal
02-11-2009, 05:35 PM

Nah. They just want to go back and check out the hot college girls.

StarStruck
02-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Nah. They just want to go back and check out the hot college girls.

Most likely, they go the Blackboard or similar route and finish their graduation requirements from the comfort of their home office.

HJam72
02-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Most likely, they go the Blackboard or similar route and finish their graduation requirements from the comfort of their home office.

It's "Angel" now, but there's not much difference.

Yankee_In_TX
02-11-2009, 06:05 PM

I could be wrong, but if I recall Mike Doss, Eddie George, and Mark Bruener attended classes (I'm not saying that ALL of it was in classroom - but it did involve some classroom time).

mexican_texan
02-11-2009, 11:01 PM
I can't fault Emmitt too much. I used to have a speech impediment and I still have to work at speaking well. I know English in and out, but I'm likely to make the same mistakes Emmitt made.

mexican_texan
02-11-2009, 11:47 PM
That's actually harder. I had a class that didn't meet in person, only online. I'm miffed that I paid as much for a class where the professor did absolutely NOTHING as I did for classes where professors lectured and met with students.

Dread-Head
02-12-2009, 09:30 AM
I can't fault Emmitt too much. I used to have a speech impediment and I still have to work at speaking well. I know English in and out, but I'm likely to make the same mistakes Emmitt made.

:lol: Emmit Smith has a SPEECH IMPEDIMENT? Which? Leon Spinx's disease or Moses Malone syndrome? That negro doesn't have a speech impediment the brotha just can't speak in coherent sentences and has borderline painful conflicts with subject/verb agreement. That's not a speech impediment, that's being a great fooball player and being rubber stamped in English so that you can play in the big game.
If the man has that much of a problem speaking then he has as much of a place on television as Mel Tillis has doing a radio show.

gg no re
02-12-2009, 09:51 AM
That's actually harder. I had a class that didn't meet in person, only online. I'm miffed that I paid as much for a class where the professor did absolutely NOTHING as I did for classes where professors lectured and met with students.

I was in this 3D animation class... our final project was to create an animation of money slapping our faces as our professor took it away from us.