PDA

View Full Version : Bills-Titans HOF Game

gwallaia
01-31-2009, 09:57 PM
Both teams will be wearing the franchise's original jerseys which means we will see the oil derrick once more.

CANTON, OHIO, Jan. 31, 2009 ó Two of the original teams in their original uniforms will kick off the NFLís celebration of the 50th season of its AFL teams when the Buffalo Bills take on the Tennessee Titans in the Pro Football Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio on Sunday, August 9, the Hall of Fame and NFL announced today.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_detail.php?PRKey=6592

eriadoc
01-31-2009, 10:00 PM
Go Toron ... err .... Buffalo.

Wolf
01-31-2009, 10:23 PM
It will be interesting how the Titan fans feel about this being some seem to not associate Oilers with the Titans franchise

gwallaia
02-01-2009, 11:22 AM
It will be interesting how the Titan fans feel about this being some seem to not associate Oilers with the Titans franchise

They will probably enjoy the fact that it is somehow a perceived insult to Houston rather than a historical recognition of the Titans.

It does not bother me at all that they will be wearing the uniforms of a different team.

SheTexan
02-01-2009, 03:51 PM
It makes me SICK! So much for a trip to Canton this Summer, which I was thinking about planning. NO way in hell could I pull against the OIL derrick, and NO way in hell will I ever pull for the Titans. I'm screwed!! lol

GOOOOO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blazing Arrow
02-01-2009, 03:55 PM
It makes me SICK! So much for a trip to Canton this Summer, which I was thinking about planning. NO way in hell could I pull against the OIL derrick, and NO way in hell will I ever pull for the Titans. I'm screwed!! lol

GOOOOO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hater ...

Blazing Arrow
02-01-2009, 03:57 PM
How much is everyone looking forward to the #10 in an oil derrick?

gg no re
02-01-2009, 04:05 PM
How much is everyone looking forward to the #10 in an oil derrick?He's going topless anyways, so it wouldn't be that much of an impact.

SheTexan
02-01-2009, 04:16 PM

Doesn't bother me in the least! The Oilers no longer exist, except in memory banks of the loyal. #10 has never, and will NEVER be an OILER, along with the rest of the meatball team. Wearing the old Oiler uni is an insult to the 36 yrs of loyalty Houston fans paid to their team. BUD ADAMS murdered that logo long years ago. I will always hate the Titans, because of BUD, not because of the unfortunate men who have had to play for the bastard! Let him have his day, I really don't care.

:texan:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gwallaia
02-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Wearing the old Oiler uni is an insult to the 36 yrs of loyalty Houston fans paid to their team.

I disagree. The Oilers are gone and just because Bud is dressing his team up in Oiler uniforms does not hide the fact they are the Tennessee Titans. Same franchise, but different teams, different cities, different players and different fans.

Its a look back in history to the old AFL days and the Bills and Oilers were two of the original teams. It only makes sense that they would wear the old throwback uniforms. I always liked the old Bill logo with the buffalo just standing there and anything is better than the Titan logo and colors.

Thorn
02-01-2009, 04:59 PM
It doesn't bother me. I'll be rooting for the Toronto Bills though. LOL

TEXANRED
02-01-2009, 10:41 PM

He is going to look fabulous sitting on the sideline watching Simms play. Kinda like being back at UT.

TEXANRED
02-01-2009, 10:43 PM
So if they are playing in there original Uni's are they going to have the Silver helmets or the baby blue helmets?

Wolf
02-01-2009, 10:55 PM
didn't oliver luck or gifford neilson wear #10
I can't find a link but was thinking the Oilers had a Number 10

Hookem Horns
02-02-2009, 12:09 AM
Here is a sneak preview of this matchup.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0806/memorable.comebacks/images/1993-bills-oilers.jpg

Hookem Horns
02-02-2009, 12:16 AM

Gifford wore #14.

BTW, the Titans will be wearing the original Oilers uniforms that won't be jogging any memories for me (except that disasterous 2-14 season in 1994 when they wore that uniform a couple of times as a throwback). I was born 9 years after they wore those things.

http://www.titansonline.com/wpimages/OILERS/blue-helmet.gif

Hookem Horns
02-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Is that Bud in the hard hat? Was this some sort of "football prophecy" for what would be in store for Bud the remainder of his miserable life as the owner of the Oilers/Titans?

http://www.mmbolding.com/BSR/AFLart9.jpg

BTW, looking at that poster saying "sink the champs" I was thinking that after the Oilers started off with the first 2 AFL championships who would have ever thought back then that their run of winning anything else was over for good at least 48 years into the future and counting. In 1962 Bud was probably sitting back thinking "man, this is too easy". Little would he know. Wow, 48 years of futility. LOL, I wonder what Bud really did to p*ss off the football gods so bad.

It's almost time to start breaking out the "1961" signs and chants anytime the Titans come to town.

gtexan02
02-02-2009, 07:36 AM
This is some seriously bad voodoo for the Titans. If you were planning on starting a year out the right way, why would you recreate the 35-3 debacle?

OzzO
02-02-2009, 07:41 AM
I don't recall the Tennesee Titans being around 50 years ago. Their original uniform shouldn't vary too much from what they have now - well, when they first started, there was that copy of a Houston Oiler oil derrick and put it next to a thumbtack or something like that.

4Texans
02-02-2009, 11:33 AM
He is going to look fabulous sitting on the sideline watching Simms play. Kinda like being back at UT.

:cool:

spurstexanstros
02-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Why the Titans? according to their logo they only existed 10 years. Their fans like to remind us of their history. They often deny the team ever played in Houston, they got a fresh team. It will be hard to deny that when seeing an oil derrick on the helmet and I am sorry Titan fan no matter how hard you try you can not pass it off as a still.

Texan_Bill
02-02-2009, 12:00 PM
The irony is that for all those Tinnbred fans who claimed to have only started liking the Titans when they moved there;
this vote, in this thread on gotits.com is really close.

Were you an Oilers Fan (http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=46045)

PS.... GO Bills!!!

Goldensilence
02-02-2009, 12:19 PM
I don't recall the Tennesee Titans being around 50 years ago. Their original uniform shouldn't vary too much from what they have now - well, when they first started, there was that copy of a Houston Oiler oil derrick and put it next to a thumbtack or something like that.

Pretty much my thought. Sick as it makes me, I'll be pulling for the Bills.

barrett
02-14-2009, 03:53 AM
Over on tacks.com they mentioned that the HOF game next year will be played in the original AFL throwback uni's.

Go Bills. Beat the tacks.

Showtime100
02-14-2009, 04:51 AM
gwallaia posted this

Bills-Titans HOF Game (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58384&highlight=hall+fame+game)

All due respect, I don't care much for the title of your thread. :foottap:

Silver Oak
02-14-2009, 07:23 AM
barrett...use the advanced edit button and make the necessary changes or you are going to have a revolt on your hands.

False Start
02-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Uhhhh.......... Go Bills....... :mcnugget: :backsout:

BullBlitz
02-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Doesn't bother me in the least! The Oilers no longer exist, except in memory banks of the loyal. #10 has never, and will NEVER be an OILER, along with the rest of the meatball team. Wearing the old Oiler uni is an insult to the 36 yrs of loyalty Houston fans paid to their team.
:texan:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of his team's history belongs to Bud, including the Oilers and their past uniforms. I will be glad to see those Oilers' uniforms displayed in yet another NFL game, and I'm sure going to pull for those guys in Oiler Blue to win. There will actually be Titans players under those jerseys, but when they put on those helmets, they are going to look like our old Oilers.

mexican_texan
02-14-2009, 02:44 PM
I think it would only be fair for us to wear the Gamblers uni. Schaub could temporarily change his name to Matt Kelly.

Showtime100
02-14-2009, 03:00 PM
barrett...use the advanced edit button and make the necessary changes or you are going to have a revolt on your hands.

LOL. We don't revolt over a poor choice of words do we? :fans:

DiehardChris
02-14-2009, 03:41 PM
I've never given negative rep before, but I have to say I'm considering it!

Brando
02-14-2009, 04:20 PM
It doesn't matter to me. They will be the Tennessee Titans playing in a costume. They are not the Houston Oilers. They died in 1996.

Brando
02-14-2009, 04:35 PM

Oliver Luck was #10 as well as replacement player Brent Pease.

Double Barrel
02-14-2009, 05:57 PM
They were the Tennessee Oilers for a couple of seasons before they realized that they were ICOU. So whatever. Bud can keep the records. We have the memories, and the former Houston Oilers players knows who loves them. We show them every year.

Go Bills. :howdy:

Bulluck53
02-14-2009, 07:21 PM
This is some seriously bad voodoo for the Titans. If you were planning on starting a year out the right way, why would you recreate the 35-3 debacle?

That was rectified with the MCM. It lines up pretty well, too. Wild Card round, home team makes a miraculous comeback, Bills sans their starting QB, winning team went on to lose in the SB.

So yea, that one is gone.

BullBlitz
02-14-2009, 07:28 PM
I think it would only be fair for us to wear the Gamblers uni. Schaub could temporarily change his name to Matt Kelly.

No, the Gamblers had different ownership and were a different team. The Oilers actually became the Titans. Different situation.

barrett
02-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Over on tacks.com they mentioned that the HOF game next year will be played in the original AFL throwback uni's.

Go Bills. Beat the tacks.

gwallaia posted this

Bills-Titans HOF Game (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58384&highlight=hall+fame+game)

All due respect, I don't care much for the title of your thread. :foottap:

I had hoped you would find the irony in this. I am often too hopeful.

LOL. We don't revolt over a poor choice of words do we? :fans:

I've never given negative rep before, but I have to say I'm considering it!

I'm disappointed once again. Reminds me of the time I sat in the "bull pen" and got yelled at for being enthusiastic.

Irony folks. Irony.

DiehardChris
02-15-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm disappointed once again. Reminds me of the time I sat in the "bull pen" and got yelled at for being enthusiastic.

Irony folks. Irony.

It's a joke, lighten up! Still more than two months until the Draft. (sigh)