PDA

View Full Version : TC on TV - Sports Off Center

Texans_Chick
01-28-2009, 08:35 PM
I am going to be in a very very short segment on Sports Off Center with Craig Roberts tonight.

They are going to a five nights a week format.

It's on Channel 55 at 10:00 pm. I should be on during the second segment. I reveal my reason for rooting for the Cardinals.

You may not recognize me because I am not wearing a hat or any nutty fan attire.

:fans:

Hardcore Texan
01-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Is this in Houston only?

Can you record it and put it on youtube?

edo783
01-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Saw this to late and just missed it. Hope it went well.

SheTexan
01-29-2009, 07:16 AM
Saw this to late and just missed it. Hope it went well.

Same here Steph. Hope someone puts up a link or something.

Texans_Chick
01-29-2009, 08:20 AM
I recorded it and hope to YouTube it later.

Though I will admit seeing myself on TV makes me cringe.

Kaiser Toro
01-29-2009, 08:30 AM
I recorded it and hope to YouTube it later.

Though I will admit seeing myself on TV makes me cringe.

I hated seeing myself on TV, and even worse was hearing myself - pitch, tone, etc.

Look forward to seeing the production.

Texans_Chick
02-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Near the bottom of this post is a copy of my TV thingy (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2009/01/what_this_super_bowl_means_to_1.html).

There's the YouTube version and a link to the better quality version that Channel 55 did, along with a brief discussion of what it was like.

Texan_Bill
02-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Is that a martini in front of both you and Craig??

Hardcore Texan
02-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Near the bottom of this post is a copy of my TV thingy (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2009/01/what_this_super_bowl_means_to_1.html).

There's the YouTube version and a link to the better quality version that Channel 55 did, along with a brief discussion of what it was like.

Good job TC!

nunusguy
02-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Caught your TV "thingy" (very Palinesque). Didn't even know we had a Channel 55 in these parts, but I remember Craig Roberts from somewhere back in the day from someplace ?

Texans_Chick
02-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Is that a martini in front of both you and Craig??

Yes. They think that is more fun than coffee mugs. No gin or vodka in it though. Just water.

Texans_Chick
02-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Caught your TV "thingy" (very Palinesque). Didn't even know we had a Channel 55 in these parts, but I remember Craig Roberts from somewhere back in the day from someplace ?

Ayyyyyyyyy!

Actually, I dressed up like Palin for Halloween. It was a shockingly good costume. I was at a party that had a DJ and there is nothing funnier than doing ridiculous dances dressed that way.

All the Republicans wanted my picture with them. And they wanted me to do the voice which I am actually pretty good at given that my mom is from Minnesota and talks with a similar accent to Palin.

Craig Roberts used to do Sports for Channel 2. And they canned him to replace him with a bunch of people not worth watching.

nunusguy
02-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Craig Roberts used to do Sports for Channel 2. And they canned him to replace him with a bunch of people not worth watching.

OK now I kinda remember him.
Speaking of getting canned from Channel 2, you're in the Houston media market, you know what's going on, so what really happened to Wendy C. ? I know they put out some kind of lame explanation about her being laid-off, but nobody buys that. Is there any chance she lands with another TV station here in town ?

Drew_Smoke
02-03-2009, 03:56 PM

Come on now...I doubt mini-adolph trolls this board anyway.

He was easy to replace. I am not a Ch 2 guy but Randy ain't bad. Does good things for the kids too.

And his wife always smelled really good sitting next to me in Psychology at Dulles High.

One day we should put up a poll on Houston's worse sports media people. You could send CR his ribbon now.

(EDIT) I watched the video...you did fine as usual, TC.

I will admit that it is the 3rd or 4th time I have got a snippet of that show. It was way worse than ever. The crud on the ticker.."romantically involved with Whit?"..."wild woman that goes around" (or something like that)?

That old bastage ain't lonely, is he?

Drew_Smoke
02-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Speaking of getting canned from Channel 2, you're in the Houston media market, you know what's going on, so what really happened to Wendy C. ? I know they put out some kind of lame explanation about her being laid-off, but nobody buys that. Is there any chance she lands with another TV station here in town ?

If they could pair up Lucy and Wendy together I'd burn up some DVRs and never leave the house.

FILO_girl
02-03-2009, 04:13 PM
She is not on Channel 2 at 4 anymore?
Can ya tell I am not home at that time? :shades: