PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl

Dr2bKay
01-25-2009, 12:32 AM
Ok...Who's going???

I will be there again this year and I hope other Texan fans are going as well. I arrive 2/5 and will be in Waikiki.

The Pencil Neck
01-25-2009, 12:54 PM
:cricket:

Going to Hawaii was much easier when we lived in California. But I'd never even thought of going there during the Pro Bowl. Is it a circus?

imatexan
01-25-2009, 05:06 PM
One of my friends who is a texans fan is going!

SheTexan
01-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Justin will be there Kay.

Dr2bKay
01-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Imatexan, PM me the information. I would love for Texans fans to get together before the game...have a tailgate or something...

SheTexan- I know at the photo shoot Justin mentioned it. I think that he is there already...not sure

Pencil Neck- No, not a circus at all...very chill and relaxing. It doesn't have the same vibe as All Star Weekend. I am sure that it will be a circus once it is moved from Hawaii though.

Anyhow, I will take plenty of pics and post on the board again! I hope that other Texans players decide to fly out again this year.

BigWig
01-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Its funny that you bring it up. My wife told me I could go to a Pro Bowl one day before I die, partly because they are in Hawaii and she would like to see that also. Now they are moving the darn thing and I don't even know if I want to go because of that.
Have fun, cant wait for the pics!

Htownsportsfan
01-26-2009, 10:12 AM
I will be there, flying back to Oahu from Maui on Saturday in the AM and will be staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. We managed to get some over priced seats on row one of section K on the AFC side. It should be a good time!

Dr2bKay
01-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Cool, I am in section GG row 4. I can't remember if it is AFC or NFC, since I think that they have changed it. I arrive on Thursday the 5th since I am going to Tampa for the Super Bowl first.

HHV is a nice hotel. I will be there on that Friday for the fireworks that they have.

Drew_Smoke
02-01-2009, 01:31 PM
I hope it is a good time

Htownsportsfan
02-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Its just after 9 am here in Maui and I am about to catch my flight over to Oahu to enoy the Pro Bowl activities. All my Texans gear is ready to go and will be worn proudly around the village. We have been here a week and there is almost a nightly news segement on Hawaii losing the Pro Bowl. According to their figures 20,000 fans come in from out of state and help prop up the tourist biz during the post holiday slow period. I have been asked a dozen times if once by locals what I think of the game moving out of Aloha Stadium, after spending the week here I can say with full confidence its just another huge screw up by NFl trying to squeeze the last penny out of an event! Oh well I have finished my 5th cup of coffee and checked the news on Texans Talk so its time to finish packing and head to the Kahului!

Aloha Texans fans!

Sal Rosenberg
02-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Its just after 9 am here in Maui and I am about to catch my flight over to Oahu to enoy the Pro Bowl activities. All my Texans gear is ready to go and will be worn proudly around the village. We have been here a week and there is almost a nightly news segement on Hawaii losing the Pro Bowl. According to their figures 20,000 fans come in from out of state and help prop up the tourist biz during the post holiday slow period. I have been asked a dozen times if once by locals what I think of the game moving out of Aloha Stadium, after spending the week here I can say with full confidence its just another huge screw up by NFl trying to squeeze the last penny out of an event! Oh well I have finished my 5th cup of coffee and checked the news on Texans Talk so its time to finish packing and head to the Kahului!

Aloha Texans fans!

Mahalo!

mexican_texan
02-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Are the skills challenges cancelled? I haven't seen one since 2007

Drew_Smoke
02-08-2009, 12:18 PM
I took the AFC and the points....I am looking for AJ to make me a winnah!

The Pencil Neck
02-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Are the skills challenges cancelled? I haven't seen one since 2007

Yeah, they still do them. I didn't get a chance to watch, but I think they were on last night on NFLN.

Dr2bKay
02-08-2009, 01:31 PM
I am leaving my hotel now to go to the tailgate. FYI I will be on row 13D. I have hung out with basically our whole team...some things aren't safe for the internets...lol...but fun has been had and as always our guys rock!!!

GlassHalfFull
02-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Did anyone else notice Tony Gonzalez's "Speedy Gonzalez" imitation during the player intros? LOL.

Ckw
02-08-2009, 05:18 PM
I am leaving my hotel now to go to the tailgate. FYI I will be on row 13D. I have hung out with basically our whole team...some things aren't safe for the internets...lol...but fun has been had and as always our guys rock!!!

That's awesome. Who all on the team did you hang out with? Do you tailgate with them or what?

MeLoveTexans
02-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Did anyone else notice Tony Gonzalez's "Speedy Gonzalez" imitation during the player intros? LOL.

I think it was more Tony Montana impression from scarface.

GlassHalfFull
02-08-2009, 05:29 PM
I think it was more Tony Montana impression from scarface.

Ok, I'll take your word for it.

BTW, according to Kay from last year, what happens in Hawaii - stays in Hawaii! :smiliedance:

BSofA04
02-08-2009, 05:52 PM

That's awesome! I'm sure you have some good stories, anything you can say?

PapaL
02-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Hey Peyton; throw it AJ! Marshall has no hands.

PapaL
02-08-2009, 06:02 PM
TD OD!

Texans on the board!

Pass thrown by Kerry Collins.

Farough
02-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Nice catches by OD! I've been wating to see him

imatexan
02-08-2009, 06:04 PM
No thread for this?

OD gets a TD, Nice job!
Texans players looking good!

GlassHalfFull
Woo Hoo! This is why I am watching, to see our guys do well.

J-Russ
Seems like Kerry Collins isn't bias against the Texans like Peyton is.

BTW, OD>>>>>>Clark. Suck on that Colts fan.

Stemp
02-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I missed part of the first quarter, but did Manning even throw a ball AJ's way? Seems like every thrown ball was to the opposite side of the field.

Farough
02-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Theres one in the Tailgate section which kinda turned into the Game thread. His first catch was nice with the dive though.

Farough
02-08-2009, 06:06 PM
I saw one throw to AJ that he caught for about 17 yards Ithink

J-Russ
02-08-2009, 06:07 PM
I missed part of the first quarter, but did Manning even throw a ball AJ's way? Seems like every thrown ball was to the opposite side of the field.

Once. In the first drive, which resulted in a 18 yard gain. I think Peyton has some prejudice against AFC south rivals.

And great, Fitz with a TD. Now everyone gonna say Fitz>>>AJ.

Boooo.

GlassHalfFull
02-08-2009, 06:07 PM
I saw one throw to AJ that he caught for about 17 yards Ithink

Yep, just the one that I saw.

DiehardChris
02-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Ha ha, Torchland Burnedagain just got beaten by Fitzgerald.

imatexan
02-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Odd place for gameday type thread, but it works.

GlassHalfFull
02-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Did anyone else notice Pat Williams #94 walk in profile in front of the camera a couple of plays ago? Has he been enjoying the offseason or is he expecting twins? I am wondering if no steriods = this or if he is always this big.

The Pencil Neck
02-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Did anyone else notice Pat Williams #94 walk in profile in front of the camera a couple of plays ago? Has he been enjoying the offseason or is he expecting twins? I am wondering if no steriods = this or if he is always this big.

That has nothing to do with steroids.

That's all appetite.

GuerillaBlack
02-08-2009, 07:18 PM
We need to use that play this year. I like that.

DiehardChris
02-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Fitz beats Torchland Burnedagain - AGAIN!

Sheesh, between seeing AJ at the Pro Bowl and having to guard Fitzgerald, Torchland might be looking for a rock to hide under.

GlassHalfFull
02-08-2009, 07:31 PM
We need to use that play this year. I like that.

In order to record this for prosperity, you may need to be more specific. Are you talking about the fumblerooskie?

GuerillaBlack
02-08-2009, 07:36 PM
In order to record this for prosperity, you may need to be more specific. Are you talking about the fumblerooskie?

Yes, where McClain ran it in.

J-Russ
02-08-2009, 09:44 PM
O.D was awesome. He got a TD and an INT (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=54466&season=2008&displayPage=tab_gamecenter) in his probowl debut. Absolute beast.

P.S, Just to make sure, this is an error right? I was zoning out during the last quarter.

mexican_texan
02-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Yes, where McClain ran it in.
It doesn't work in real football. Notice how Julian Peterson beat OD, but rather than stop McClain, he just watched?

GuerillaBlack
02-09-2009, 12:19 AM
It doesn't work in real football. Notice how Julian Peterson beat OD, but rather than stop McClain, he just watched?

Didn't catch that part at all. I was half watching it and texting/talking on the phone.

mexican_texan
02-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Trick plays don't usually work in the NFL. For the Wildcat, it's more the formation than the actual trickery.

BigWig
02-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Hey MT is that Specnatz in you sig? It sure looks like him !

mexican_texan
02-09-2009, 09:42 AM
No, it's Winston.

ESPN is going out of its way to not give OD any credit. On the highlights, they showed a 15 yard pass to Fitzgerald, but not Owen's score. On the ticker at the bottom, they're only showing NFC stats

nunusguy
02-09-2009, 10:41 AM
One of the three Texans in attendance at the Pro Bowl is tight end Owen Daniels, who caught 70 passes for 862 yards, both career highs, in the league’s third-best offense. Daniels is a one of the league’s best third-down threats
http://det.scout.com/a.z?s=93&p=2&c=837747
Well here's a nice little story about ODs PB experience from an unlikely source - a Detroit Lions website.

BigWig
02-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Waiting for Kays pic's!

HOU-TEX
02-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Why do they not have the Skills Competition any more? WTF! That was the only thing worth watching during Pro Bowl weekend. :thinking:

Texan_Bill
02-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Why do they not have the Skills Competition any more? WTF! That was the only thing worth watching during Pro Bowl weekend. :thinking:

They say logistical problems. I say Robert Edwards.

Yankee_In_TX
02-09-2009, 05:12 PM

I looked and looked and looked and got fooled by footage from past years. Very upset they didn't air pretty much everything from HI. We figured it out when we saw Tiffany dancing.

Half the fun is watching the current players and olders timers interact with each other.

False Start
02-09-2009, 07:51 PM
This is a cool pic of our boys from HT.com.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/bowlers.jpg

DiehardChris
02-09-2009, 08:24 PM
This is a cool pic of our boys from HT.com.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/bowlers.jpg

Mario looks thrilled! LOL

Htownsportsfan
02-09-2009, 08:32 PM
I saw the guys around the HHV quite a bit and talked to AJ for a few minutes. As it turns out all of the D-line were on my flight out last night, all were in coach except Mario. TJ was pretty damn funny, he got on the intercom before we took off and announced that Mario Williams aka Super Jet was going to need to exchnage his first class seat with Travis Johnsons seat in 44f. Seeing TJ and ND et al in the back of the plane made me wonder if the damn thing was going to get airborne! I took a ton of pictured frommy seats on the 45 yd line but it turns out the front row at aloha stadium is so low most of my pics are of players on the sideline. I am sprting them now and will post a link to shutter fly etc for the pics. I took so many abnd they areso large I dont think I can post any of them here.

False Start
02-09-2009, 09:22 PM

Yeah he does.......... :heh:

He looks like he'd rather be driving his Lambo, or anything for that matter.

awtysst
02-09-2009, 09:31 PM

yeah! He looks to be thinking, "Damn. THIS is what the Probowl is? I was better off last year when I didn't get voted in!"

Htownsportsfan
02-09-2009, 09:38 PM
You can check out the unedited photos here.

The Pro Bowl experience is very different for each player. T. Suggs was dancing and having a big time by the HHV pool along with a lot of other players. When I asked AJ about the experience while I was getting a few photos etc he said it was an honor but indicated he was not having the best time in Hawaii. He did not elaborate but for those who like the limelight and partying in the open in full view of the fans etc it seems like the ultimate party. However for those who are a bit more reserved and laid back it can be a bit obnoxious. The number of pro authograph seekers around the village, the game and even the airport seem to ruin the experience for some of the players.

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=254496551/a=160495258_160495258/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink

GlassHalfFull
02-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Your expression in the first picture is hilarious. Did AJ smell or something? I am surprised at how empty the stands were. It didn't look that bad on TV.

REP for pics.

Buffi2
02-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Nice Pictures! Thanks a bunch - almost as good as being there......well, not quite but still fun to see. Rep coming your way.

Htownsportsfan
02-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Your expression in the first picture is hilarious. Did AJ smell or something? I am surprised at how empty the stands were. It didn't look that bad on TV.

REP for pics.

LOL we are luck that picture ever happened. I had been shooting photos with my SLR for a week in Maui and like a dumb ass didnt charge the batteries before we left for Oahu. I handed the camera to my wife to take the picture with AJ and since we needed the flash (external flash was in the room, Brilliant) the damn thing shut down at least three times. We must have posed for a good minute and a half, it got ackward/embarrassing! I damn neear just walked away, instead I apologize about 50 times and the camera finally took while we were just kind of standng there. I didnt have the guts to ask for the poor guy to wait on my ill prepared ass any longer, so the picture is what it is. At least now I have a photo showing me the face I make when I am stressed and embarrassed at the same time! I felt like a complete tool, priceless!

mexican_texan
02-10-2009, 12:30 AM
You can check out the unedited photos here.

The Pro Bowl experience is very different for each player. T. Suggs was dancing and having a big time by the HHV pool along with a lot of other players. When I asked AJ about the experience while I was getting a few photos etc he said it was an honor but indicated he was not having the best time in Hawaii. He did not elaborate but for those who like the limelight and partying in the open in full view of the fans etc it seems like the ultimate party. However for those who are a bit more reserved and laid back it can be a bit obnoxious. The number of pro authograph seekers around the village, the game and even the airport seem to ruin the experience for some of the players.

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=254496551/a=160495258_160495258/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink
Were you wearing a white Mario jersey?

Edit: just saw the end of it, you were. You were on TV for a while during an interview. You got more TV time than OD

Dr2bKay
02-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Here is a link to the safe pictures.

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=257515149/a=160900500_160900500/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish