PDA

View Full Version : Has "Coach Karm" returned in the person of "Coach Kollar" ?

nunusguy
01-22-2009, 09:05 AM
Buffalo defensive end Aaron Schobel laughed good-naturedly when he was asked Tuesday what the Texans’ defensive linemen can expect from new assistant head coach/defensive line Bill Kollar.
Kollar coached defensive lines for three teams over the last 19 years, including the last three with the Bills.
“I respect him as a coach, but he’s different now; I’ll tell you that,” said Schobel, a native Texan who’s back home in Columbus. “He’s a loud mouth; that’s for sure. I mean, he loves to yell.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/mcclain/6222021.html
Chron article about the new hollar guy at DLine and some thoughts about
him from one of his former players and area resident Aaron Schobel.
I dunno but I think it reveals a lot about the new DLine coachs approach if he use sub 250 pounders in his schemes ?

El Tejano
01-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Buffalo defensive end Aaron Schobel laughed good-naturedly when he was asked Tuesday what the Texans’ defensive linemen can expect from new assistant head coach/defensive line Bill Kollar.
Kollar coached defensive lines for three teams over the last 19 years, including the last three with the Bills.
“I respect him as a coach, but he’s different now; I’ll tell you that,” said Schobel, a native Texan who’s back home in Columbus. “He’s a loud mouth; that’s for sure. I mean, he loves to yell.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/mcclain/6222021.html
Chron article about the new hollar guy at DLine and some thoughts about
him from one of his former players and area resident Aaron Schobel.
I dunno but I think it reveals a lot about the new DLine coachs approach if he use sub 250 pounders in his schemes ?

Sounds like he wants a fast DL vs. a big one.

nunusguy
01-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Sounds like he wants a fast DL vs. a big one.

Is Jason Babin on his way back to Houston ? I dunno, but he might be really quick at 245 ?

El Tejano
01-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Whose coach Karm? Ha Ha!!

TimeKiller
01-22-2009, 10:10 AM
I mean, he loves to yell.

Should we tell him about Justice's Vagina-Ear condition or let him find out when an article is written about his coaching style from a guy who has never even coached?

TexanSam
01-22-2009, 12:20 PM
It's probably only a matter of time until Richard Justice blasts the hire because the guy yells at his players.

GP
01-22-2009, 12:25 PM
It's probably only a matter of time until Richard Justice blasts the hire because the guy yells at his players.

Yes, you're right.

Being well-liked is the key to winning championships.

gtexan02
01-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Sounds like Schoebel wants to play here in Houston. Maybe trade him for Anthony Weaver? Or a 3rd?

Killer Bee
01-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Sounds like Schoebel wants to play here in Houston. Maybe trade him for Anthony Weaver? Or a 3rd?

With Greenbay installing a 3-4, I wonder if they would part ways with Aaron Kampman. Maybe Weaver and a 3rd or just a 2nd round pick would do it. Could you imagine getting rid of Weaver and gaining Kampman, talk about killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

painekiller
01-22-2009, 05:52 PM

I've been watching the Senior Bowl Practices all week, and noticed the Jags coaches, Mike Tice especially, all being very low key and not the types to point out the negatives. They coached the kids up and they responded.

When Tice was asked about it later, he responded, why yell, they only tune you out.

They know they did wrong, explain to them a better way.

I kinda saw his point. If a guy is screaming all the time, no one is listening. Bush is a different breed from Smith and the players should respond to him.

BTW as much as Alex Gibbs yells, he also spend a good deal of time joking with his guys. They seemed to respond to him.

IlliniJen
01-22-2009, 06:14 PM

No no no no. That's not the way it works.

If Richard Justice doesn't like a coach for some reason, he will insult the coach and base it on that he's a "yeller."

dalemurphy
01-22-2009, 06:16 PM

Even better, let's take the entire bottom half of our roster and trade it for the top half of another team's roster. That could really help us get better. I wonder why Kubes and Smith haven't done that yet? Maybe they aren't as great as some of you think?

TexanSam
01-22-2009, 06:58 PM
I've been watching the Senior Bowl Practices all week, and noticed the Jags coaches, Mike Tice especially, all being very low key and not the types to point out the negatives. They coached the kids up and they responded.

When Tice was asked about it later, he responded, why yell, they only tune you out.

They know they did wrong, explain to them a better way.

I kinda saw his point. If a guy is screaming all the time, no one is listening. Bush is a different breed from Smith and the players should respond to him.

BTW as much as Alex Gibbs yells, he also spend a good deal of time joking with his guys. They seemed to respond to him.

I can see that. Schoebel seems to have liked him so I'm assuming he's not just a coach who screams and screams to get his point across. I was poking fun more at Richard Justice than Koller and any other coaches who yell. If you're a coach, more than likely you yell more often than the normal person. Some coaches don't (Tice, Dungy) but others do. That's not to say all they do, but RJ made it seem in that article a while back that if a coach yells he must be a bad coach which is obviously wrong.

infantrycak
01-22-2009, 06:59 PM
I kinda saw his point. If a guy is screaming all the time, no one is listening.

It depends on what is being screamed. Some DI's scream all the time and become jokes while some scream all the time and are inspirational--most scream all the time. The occasional joking you mentioned by Gibbs does help out.

Malloy
01-22-2009, 07:28 PM
We should nickname him Hollah Kollar?