PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLIII

Pages : [1] 2

stingray
01-18-2009, 09:09 PM
I hope it's a good one.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb167/ray9175/380px-Madden_NFL_09_Cardinals_Logo_.png http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb167/ray9175/10052765-super-bowl-2009-tampa.jpg http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb167/ray9175/steelers20logo.jpg

imatexan
01-18-2009, 09:31 PM
This is what I wanted woo!
Go Steelers!

HoustonFrog
01-18-2009, 09:35 PM
I'll be a Cards fan...NFC, I want them to get one and want the Steelers, though highly respected by me to not get 6...lol.

GuerillaBlack
01-18-2009, 09:37 PM
What a sucky ass Super Bowl.

TexansSeminole
01-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Steelers were my preseason pick, so I think they will win it all.

I am very surprised by the Cards and their ability to run the ball and play good defense. However, I think the Steelers defense will be too much for them in the end.

gwallaia
01-18-2009, 09:45 PM
I'll be rooting for the Cardinals but I think the Steelers are going to crush them.

I hope I'm lucky on my squares.

gtexan02
Go Cards. Spread the wealth

texasguy346
I've picked against the Cardinals in every game they've played thus far, and look where that's got them. I want my Super Bowl ring if they're able to beat the Steelers. Steelers over Cardinals.

I'm hoping it will be a good game, but I've seen plenty of Super Bowls turn into snoozers.

False Start
01-18-2009, 09:49 PM
I'll be rooting for the Cardinals but I think the Steelers are going to crush them.

I hope I'm lucky on my squares.

Same here. The Card's D showed signs of slowing down today. I think that if the Steelers can out score Arizona, they will win....... :heh:

GuerillaBlack
01-18-2009, 09:51 PM
I'll allow the Cardinals to win their first Super Bowl once the Texans win their first.

swisher
01-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Go Bert Berry!! Cardinals win the Super Bowl.

Ryan
01-18-2009, 11:26 PM
I'm pulling for the Cards all the way but don't think they can last a full 60 minutes against the Steelers.

Steelers 23
Cards 17

Thorn
01-19-2009, 07:00 AM
I don't think the Cards have what it takes to beat the Steelers in the big one. It says here the Steelers are the first to win 6 super bowls. And I also say better the Steelers than the Cowpatties to reach that landmark first.

kastofsna
01-19-2009, 07:53 AM
this is the first Super Bowl quarterback match-up of previous champions since Super Bowl XVIII, between the Redskins and Raiders (Theissman and Plunkett), which took place in Tampa. coincidence? absolutely

rooting for the Cardinals here, as everyone should do

mattieuk
01-19-2009, 08:07 AM
This should be one hell of a game, and I think that it is going to go to the Cards. I can't see the Steelers containing Larry Fitzgerald to no TD passes, and they wore down a fairly decent run defense in Philly, and managed to control both clock and ball well. With odds of 21/10 being touted around for Arizona to win their first ring, I'm taking that, cheering on the 'underdog', and hoping that it is going to be a good even matchup, which I fully expect it to be.

kastofsna
01-19-2009, 08:15 AM
i do worry about the Whisenhunt offense being well-known by the Steelers defense. see: Bucs vs. Raiders

False Start
01-19-2009, 08:42 AM
It says here the Steelers are the first to win 6 super bowls. And I also say better the Steelers than the Cowpatties to reach that landmark first.

Cowboys fans things to brag about list is getting smaller. :cool:

Texan_Bill
01-19-2009, 08:58 AM
Mixed feelings on this Super Bowl.

On the one hand, I would love to see the Cardinals win for years of being the butts of jokes. A nod to the have-nots. Oh yeah, and I hate Pittsburgh.

On the other hand, I want the Steelers to win because:
a) They would have scoreboard over the 'Gurls when it comes to Super Bowls
b) Lesson to Titan players for being disrespectful punks.
last, c) AFC

TEXANRED
01-19-2009, 08:58 AM
I can't believe I am going to have to pull for the Cards. I hate the Steelers.

At least its not as bad as last years SB when I was forced to be a Giants fan for one game.

Thorn
01-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Honestly, the only reason I want the Steelers to win is so there's no danger of the Cowpatties laying claim to the first to win 6 super bowls. Other than that, I don't care. I just hope for a good game.

GlassHalfFull
01-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Mixed feelings on this Super Bowl.

On the one hand, I would love to see the Cardinals win for years of being the butts of jokes. A nod to the have-nots. Oh yeah, and I hate Pittsburgh.

On the other hand, I want the Steelers to win because:
a) They would have scoreboard over the 'Gurls when it comes to Super Bowls
b) Lesson to Titan players for being disrespectful punks.
last, c) AFC

Ditto.

Since I really don't have anything invested in the game, I figure I can go to a party, enjoy myself and not have to get all worked up about the outcome.

I can't tell you how happy I am not to have to worry about the titans winning one.

False Start
01-19-2009, 09:36 AM
I'm pulling for the Cards, as I said in the game thread, I still have left over hate for the Steelers from the Oilers days.

toronto
01-19-2009, 10:18 AM
well, we can at least cross off another team that has never playing in the big game...

If the Cards can make one, then there is hope....

gwallaia
01-19-2009, 10:25 AM
well, we can at least cross off another team that has never playing in the big game...

If the Cards can make one, then there is hope....

The remaining teams that have never made it to the Super Bowl are the Lions, Saints, Jaguars, Browns and our very own Texans.

I think the Texans have the best shot of going there before any of the others mentioned.

Texan_Bill
01-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Detroit Lions - 1930
New Orleans Saints - 1967
Jacksonville Jaguars - 1995
Cleveland Browns - 1946* (1999)

* rejoined the league as an expansion team in '99

Kaiser Toro
01-19-2009, 10:42 AM
This is an intriguing Super Bowl for me with the many plot lines that interest me:
- Whisenhut's relationship to the Steelers
- Cowher comes back to the forefront as the definitive analyst on each team
- Dennis Green's shine regains some luster
- Larry Fitzgerald is introduced to the country and shows he is the most complete and exciting WR in the game
- Edge James is back
- LeBeau will cement his name as one of the greatest defensive minds ever
- Tomlin may become youngest Super Bowl winning coach
- The Cards being so inept in the past
- Kurt Warner re-emerging in the Super Bowl and potentially claiming a certain Hall of Fame induction.

gary
01-19-2009, 10:59 AM
If the Cards win is time for Warner to retire and go out on top?

mattieuk
01-19-2009, 11:06 AM
If the Cards win is time for Warner to retire and go out on top?

I'm not sure on this one...he hasn't really looked past it in what I've seen from this season, he seems to have the faith and relationship with the HC, also why wait until your team starts performing well for once, and then pack it in? Perhaps a lesser factor is his outside of football work...he (and his wife) bases a lot of his charity on his NFL QB status, so perhaps he would feel he needs football to keep allowing him to be so effective in raising money for the needy and helping others.

That said, I don't think that Kurt is every going to just bow out and retire to a ranch...he'll always be doing stuff, its just a question of whether he does it on national TV every season.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of time for this question after he knocks off the Steelers though ;)

gary
01-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Not just about going out on to top he is also close to 40 already.

drewmar74
01-19-2009, 11:27 AM

I had read that the Cardinals want to keep him and that he wants to be back. He's playing well - no sense in running him off early.

gary
01-19-2009, 11:36 AM
The Pack left it up to Farve and look what happend there.

mattieuk
01-19-2009, 11:54 AM

Even if he played next year, made the Superbowl, he'd still be more than 100 days under 39. He's not a dinosaur yet, and I don't think the Favre situation really applies...he hasn't been umming and arring about retiring, making a song and dance of it, isn't holding back a young QB who hasn't had the chance to make himself the starter.

He plays on, he's a pocket passer, under a decent O-line, and he's taken his team to the Superbowl for the first time...he's staying on.

gary
01-19-2009, 12:11 PM
I just don't want him not knowing when to retire like Farve.

Texan_Bill
01-19-2009, 12:16 PM

What's wrong with 40?? :bat:

Brando
01-19-2009, 12:19 PM
I just don't want him not knowing when to retire like Farve.

I don't think Favre doesn't like not knowing when to retire.;)

gary
01-19-2009, 12:29 PM
What's wrong with 40?? :bat:It sucks to be that LOL.

Brando
01-19-2009, 12:30 PM
I guess I will be a Cardinals fan for a couple of weeks even though Bill Bidwell might be worse of an owner than Bud Adams.

gary
01-19-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't think Favre doesn't like not knowing when to retire.;)He has not taken nearly the beat down that Farve has over the years.

axman40
01-19-2009, 04:04 PM
From the Pen of: Steve Benson (http://www.hoffmania.com/blog/2009/01/and-againfrom-the-pen-of-steve-benson.html)

http://www.cagle.com/working/090113/benson.gif (http://www.cagle.com/caglecards/main.asp?image=../../../working/090113/benson.gif)

imatexan
01-19-2009, 05:51 PM
This should be one of the best super bowls!

Dread-Head
01-20-2009, 01:33 AM
Steelers v. Ravens. Heinz Ward gets his knee messed up by a couple of DB's and is taken out of the game. The Steeler response? Steeler Receivers TAKE OUT THREE Raven defensive backs. Everyone in black was hitting in that game. The Steeler's PUNTER laid a hard shot on a guy trying to run one past him in that game.
The Steelers are going to enter that game looking at the Cardinals as an obstacle between them and :trophy: x6 and the guys from Phoenix will be on the receiving end of one of the most heinous, yet spectacular @$$ whippings in the recorded history of homo sapiens as a genus. There is NO WAY I'm missing that game!

Dread-Head
01-20-2009, 01:37 AM
It sucks to be that LOL.

clear your throat and look in the opposite direction and a decade has passed you my friend. You'll be 40 before you know it.

kastofsna
01-20-2009, 08:13 AM
why would anyone want the Steelers to win

FirstTexansFan
01-20-2009, 08:34 AM

My wife is a Steelers fan (Born and bred in Steelers Country), and my happiness depends on HER happiness? :)

kastofsna
01-20-2009, 09:52 AM
there's only two reasons to root for the Steelers:

1: you're a Steelers fan
2: you hate sunshine and kittens

BigWig
01-20-2009, 12:38 PM
As I said before, I am rooting for the Cards, that was my high school team name. I do think the Squeelers may win thogh, but there may be some higher powers at play with the redbirds.

imatexan
01-20-2009, 12:42 PM

Most stored franchise in the nfl,great players,tradition,respectable people at all posistions,etc..

Dread-Head
01-20-2009, 01:56 PM
From the Pen of: Steve Benson (http://www.hoffmania.com/blog/2009/01/and-againfrom-the-pen-of-steve-benson.html)

http://www.cagle.com/working/090113/benson.gif (http://www.cagle.com/caglecards/main.asp?image=../../../working/090113/benson.gif)

So THAT'S what a bird would look like with dreadlocks. Thanks to the people on this board I've seen, dogs, horses, mules, and sheep with dreads...and now a freakin' bird. Coolness. Can someone photoshop Texan Bill with dreads...I'm curious as to what it would look like.

drewmar74
01-20-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm pulling for the redbirds.

BUT

I think its going to be something like

Steelers 52
Cards 10

It'll be a blowout on the scale of 85 Bears v. Pats.

gary
01-20-2009, 07:22 PM
I hope that the Cards win but I think that the Steelers will run away and hide with this one early on 42-17.

Giant Tiger
01-20-2009, 08:40 PM
I think it'll be a good game. The Cardinals proved a lot of people wrong. It would be silly for them to stop now, so I'm going with them.

Dread-Head
01-21-2009, 12:23 AM
I think it'll be a good game. The Cardinals proved a lot of people wrong. It would be silly for them to stop now, so I'm going with them.

Like Bob Marley said "Every day the bucket goes to the well, but one day the bottom will drop out." In other words, one day you're going to be out of luck and for the Cardinals that luck will run out on Super Sunday. The two games in which the Cardinals "Shook up the world" were in short order:

a. a game against a team which believed it's own hype and assumed they'd won before a single down had been played.

b. a game in which the refs gave them phantom "pass interference" calls which BOTH spotted the ball on the one yard line effectively spotting them two touchdowns.

Being the best team in the NFC where a 9-7 record gets you a playoff spot is equivalent of being the prettiest girl in town of 100 people. When you make it to the big city you realize you're not as hot as you thought you were. The Steelers play a much more focused game than the Cardinals. Every one on that team likes to deliver vicious hits including the punter and the QB. Arizona has a couple of chances at winning:

a. The Steelers get as cocky as the Patriots were last year and give it away.

b. A sniper shows up and aims for the guys in black helmets.

c. Everyone on the Steeler roster come down with the flu and their cheerleaders have to play the Cardinals. Unless the referees have been bought off, the Axiom of "Defense wins Championships" will be proven yet again as the Steelers go home with :trophy:X6

Thorn
01-21-2009, 07:03 AM
I think Mr. Dread-Head is right. I'll be very suprised if the Cards even come close.

texdawg
01-21-2009, 07:28 AM
The Cards have had a great run. Should give both our teams hope for the future.

After seeing how the Eagles had success in the second half against the Cards by playing a more aggressive defense, I expect the stool samples to come out with massive pressure from the start. It would not surprize me one bit to see Warner rattled and/or injured in this game.

This could be an all-time blowout. I hope not because I hate the stoolers with a passion. Hope the commercials are good!

TD
01-21-2009, 07:59 AM

Because Bidwell is Bud Adams Lite and in a show of solidarity with the fans of St. Louis, I hope he NEVER sees a title.

Side note, there must be a lot of mixed emotions in St Louis right now about Kurt Warner leading their old team to the SB. I don't know how I'd feel if a similar situation happened with Houston and Possum Holler.

GlassHalfFull
01-21-2009, 08:14 AM
http://www.fightingcardinals.com/images/varsity/not%20here.jpg

kastofsna
01-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Warner has torn apart fierce blitzing defenses all year long, and Haley has called exceptional plays on every down the entire postseason, and the defense has made tons of big plays, clearly they're more than capable of beating the Steelers handily

infantrycak
01-21-2009, 09:57 AM
Warner has torn apart fierce blitzing defenses all year long, and Haley has called exceptional plays on every down the entire postseason, and the defense has made tons of big plays, clearly they're more than capable of beating the Steelers handily

Yeah, at our Friday gathering last week I called the Cards against unified opposition. The Pitt/Baltimore game was the one folks wanted to debate was not clear cut. This game looks like a toss up to me.

BY1401
01-21-2009, 10:08 AM
I cheer for the AFC representative.

drewmar74
01-21-2009, 10:16 AM
It may all come down to the Steelers pass rush vs. Kurt Warner.

If the Evil Empire can get to Warner and knock him around, then the Cardinal's WR's are nullified and its game over. If Warner is able to attack their blitz, then the Steelers may be in for a long afternoon.

Kurt vs. the world....

Dread-Head
01-21-2009, 03:18 PM

Yeah. You're right. I mean it's not like the Steelers have a secondary. I mean does anyone even know the name of their Strong Saftey?

:sarcasm:

MannyFresh
01-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Cardinals to wear home jerseys in Super Bowl

PITTSBURGH (AP)—The Pittsburgh Steelers will wear their white road uniforms against Arizona in the Super Bowl, just as they did when they defeated Seattle for the NFL title three years ago in Detroit.

The Cardinals, as the home team, chose to wear their red home jerseys in the Feb. 1 game in Tampa.

In the February 2006 Super Bowl, the Steelers had the option of wearing their black home jerseys, but elected to wear white after playing and winning three road playoff games in as many weeks.

This will be only the third time in their seven Super Bowls the Steelers will wear white. They also wore white while defeating Minnesota in the Super Bowl during the 1974 season.

gary
01-21-2009, 04:48 PM
A healthy Parker and Big Ben at the helm and also Troy P. look out. They have the number one rated D in the league and there is a reason for that. The Steelers have been here before and the Cards have not so IMO the Steelers have the upper hand in this game. The Cards have gotten some calls which have gone their way.

powerfuldragon
01-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Jeff Reed needs to disappear.

stingray
01-22-2009, 02:26 PM
I hope that the Cardinals win but it's not gonna be easy. On a side note, I spent a couple of months last year in Tucson,AZ. I would go see the Texans games at Buffalo WIld WIngs. There were alot of Cowboys, Steleers, packers, and Bears fans, but they were hardly any Cardinals fans. As a matter of fact, the Cardinals won a game on a last second field goal and hardly anyone noticed. I wonder how many of these people are now "die hard" Cardinals fans.

Speedy
01-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Here's some fun facts and stuff for "The Big Game"

Steelers are favored by 7.
O/U 46½.
SB Favorite is 23-17-2 against the spread and 30-12 straight up.
SB favorite has won 7 of the last 10 Super Bowls.
NFC teams are 22-20 in the SB.

This is the Cardinals 1st Super Bowl, but their 3rd NFL Championship game. The other two, 1947, a win, and 1948, a loss.

This is the Steelers 7th Super Bowl, 2nd most behind the Dallas Cowboys 8 appearances.
The Steelers have won 5 Super Bowls, tied for the most wins with Dallas and San Francisco.

The Cardinals are playing their 4th postseason game of the year. In the previous 88 years of their existance they played 7 postseason games.

The Steelers are playing in their 50th postseason game.

The last time the Cardinals won the championship was the first time the Steelers played a postseason game (1947).

Since the realignment of the divisions in 2002, the Cardinals are 4-4 against teams in the AFC North.
They currently have a 3 game win streak against AFC North teams, including a 21-14 win over the Steelers last year in Arizona.

The Steelers are 4-4 against the NFC West.

This will be the 4th SB in Tampa, Florida and the 2nd at Raymond James Stadium.

For the SIMsters, Accuscore.com (http://accuscore.com/option,com_acc_nfl_game_preview/Itemid,/game_id,267/tab,stats/) has played the Cardinals vs. Steelers 10,000 times and the Steelers have won 68.9% of the time by an average score of 27.1 - 20.8.

Cardinals QB Kurt Warner has the two highest yardage games in Super Bowl history (414 yards in SB 34 and 365 yards in SB 36).

Steelers RB Willie Parker has the longest run from scrimmage in Super Bowl history, 75 yards in SB 40.

This is only the 3rd Super Bowl matchup between teams from the pre-1960 era.

This is the first Super Bowl to be broadcast by NBC since SB 33 in 1998.
This will be the last Super Bowl to be broadcast in analog.

3,276,834 is the total attendance of all 42 Super Bowls.

There has NEVER been a punt return for a TD in Super Bowl history, and there's only been ONE punt return for a TD in an NFL Championship game.
The one and only time it happened was the Cardinals Charlie Trippi returning a punt 75 yards for a TD in 1947.

8,000,000 pounds of guacamole is consumed on Super Bowl Sunday, along with 14,500 tons of chips and 4,000 tons of popcorn.

13% of Americans order take out/delivery on SB Sunday. 58% of those order pizza.

SB Sunday is the biggest winter grilling day of the year and is 2nd to Thanksgiving for amount of food consumed.

The average SB party has 17 people at it.

5% of Americans watch the game alone.

35% of the people who attend the Super Bowl, write it off as a corporate expense.

700,000 footballs are made annually for an NFL season.
72 footballs are made for the Super Bowl.

stingray
02-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Finally gameday is here and the offseason starts tomorrow.

Hardcore Texan
02-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Okay, what's everybody preparing and eating for the big game?

I got:

chips and queso - just regular bottled tositos stuff

lil' smokies wrapped in croisants - just bake 'em up after you wrap them in the pilsbury canned stuff, rip the crosain strips into a little smaller pieces, to be dipped in honey mustard or bbq sauce.

stuffed jalapenos - fresh jalapenos, cut in half, stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon with a toothpick through it, bake for about 20 minutes (this will make you slap your grandma it's so good.)

my neighbor is bringing chicken enchiladas - he makes them from scratch, also to die for.

So what ya makin'?

mattieuk
02-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Okay, what's everybody preparing and eating for the big game?

I got:

chips and queso - just regular bottled tositos stuff

lil' smokies wrapped in croisants - just bake 'em up after you wrap them in the pilsbury canned stuff, rip the crosain strips into a little smaller pieces, to be dipped in honey mustard or bbq sauce.

stuffed jalapenos - fresh jalapenos, cut in half, stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon with a toothpick through it, bake for about 20 minutes (this will make you slap your grandma it's so good.)

my neighbor is bringing chicken enchiladas - he makes them from scratch, also to die for.

So what ya makin'?

I've already finished my carton of Superbowl chocolate milk, and am now looking forward to my Superbowl feast of beans on toast, and if still hungry marmite on toast.

Verdict: I'll be over at yours in 10 minutes HardcoreTexan... :)

SheTexan
02-01-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm one of the 58%. I just ordered pizza. Taking the day off cooking. Might pour some BBQ sause on some little smokies later and whip up some queso. Not sure. Just gonna sit back, relax, and enjoy the game.

GOOOOOOOO CARDS!! Although, I have to admit, it would be nice seeing the Steelers win #6. Might shut those Cowboy fans up for a while. The Steelers would truly be AMERICAS TEAM!!!

Hardcore Texan
02-01-2009, 03:45 PM
I've already finished my carton of Superbowl chocolate milk, and am now looking forward to my Superbowl feast of beans on toast, and if still hungry marmite on toast.

Verdict: I'll be over at yours in 10 minutes HardcoreTexan... :)

For more food talk I found this over in the NSA forum......oh, and come on over, it's BYOB.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1110153#post1110153

Mailman
02-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Rodney Harrison really is a classless jerk, eh?

He just incensed Giants fans everywhere with his remarks during the prediction segment of the NBC pregame show. When asked who he was taking, he said "Unlike last year's Super Bowl, this year's Super Bowl will be won by the best team, and that's the Pittsburgh Steelers."

Bwahaha. He'd fit in perfectly in Tennessee.

Sal Rosenberg
02-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Who is gonna win??????

Mailman
02-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Steelers in a rout.

My prediction 31-10.

axman40
02-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Wimpy FG!

Mailman
02-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Wimpy FG!

Yeah I thought Tomlin would put his BMB on the table and dare the Cards to do something about it.

GuerillaBlack
02-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Jennifer Hudson should be the only one allowed to sing the National Anthem.

Mailman
02-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Jennifer Hudson should be the only one allowed to sing the National Anthem.

Yes, she was exceptional.

Mailman
02-01-2009, 05:51 PM
And Faith Hill is still really, really hot.

GuerillaBlack
02-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Big Ben must have talked to Eli Manning.

Mailman
02-01-2009, 06:09 PM
TD Stillers.

Rout is on.

axman40
02-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Steelers in control 10-0

Mailman
02-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Pittsburgh's had the ball 12:27to Arizona's 3:32.

Ouch.

Here comes a Warner pick....

Showtime100
02-01-2009, 06:19 PM
I've got the Potato Head car commercial in a landslide so far. :tease:

Mailman
02-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Huge play to Boldin! Cmon Cards, make me eat crow.

axman40
02-01-2009, 06:21 PM
TD Cards ballgame on!

Mailman
02-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Holy sh&T waht a catch for a TD!

Mailman
02-01-2009, 06:22 PM
"Ben Patrick did not catch a touchdown pass during the regular season."

Positively Tyreefic!

GuerillaBlack
02-01-2009, 06:42 PM
I'm thinking about taking a nap until the 4th quarter. This SB has been boring, and this food is getting to me. :)

Thorn
02-01-2009, 06:43 PM
The Star Trek commercial went by so fast I almost missed it. I'll watch it on u-tube again I guess.

GuerillaBlack
02-01-2009, 06:43 PM
The Star Trek commercial went by so fast I almost missed it. I'll watch it on u-tube again I guess.

Knowing YouTube, it'll probably have no audio or be deleted upon posting.

Showtime100
02-01-2009, 06:44 PM

All kidding aside I must have missed it.

Thorn
02-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Knowing YouTube, it'll probably have no audio or be deleted upon posting.

they have, but you can catch it on the offical site: http://www.startrekmovie.com/?gclid=CJDGzNrOvJgCFQETGgod6ktxZg

Maddict5
02-01-2009, 06:50 PM
what is up with polamalu? falling over missing tackles... running into his own guy so they both miss the tackle

GuerillaBlack
02-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Yo!!

Showtime100
02-01-2009, 06:53 PM
HFS!!!! <----sorry, board rules say I can't type that out.

I'm speechless. Just..........speechless.

Maddict5
02-01-2009, 06:53 PM
killer int

Mailman
02-01-2009, 06:54 PM
I cannot believe what just happened. That's a 14-pt play. Cards fans must be devastated.

Showtime100
02-01-2009, 06:56 PM
I can't believe NBC. They have 15,000 cameras at the game and not one right on either goal line. That's twice they needed one parked on the line.

SheTexan
02-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Just goes to show ya, anything can happen at any given point in time. Nice int and run by the Steelers. Gotta give um credit. Steeler D fooled the hell out of Warner.

Revolution
02-01-2009, 07:02 PM
All kidding aside I must have missed it.

You can watch all the commercials again at hulu.com.

Thorn
02-01-2009, 07:06 PM
I want the Steelers to win, but I'm rooting for the Cards to come back. That int had to hurt.

Hardcore Texan
02-01-2009, 07:08 PM
That INT runback for a TD cost me a $100 on the football squares!!!

Mailman
02-01-2009, 07:08 PM
The Boss is killin it so far.

Pantherstang84
02-01-2009, 07:10 PM
The Boss is killin it so far.

If that is your thing.

Spled
02-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Greatest return back I ever saw.

Carr Bombed
02-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Wow....my dad is not having a good time. He just called me, apparently he is involved in a football pot that pays off big at the end of each half. He had $500 bucks in the bag whether Arizona scored or not, the return screwed him......he's sick right now.

Maddict5
02-01-2009, 07:11 PM
If that is your thing.

are they ever going to let anybody young(ish) perform at half-time ever again?

Pantherstang84
02-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Wow....my dad is not having a good time. He just called me, apparently he is involved in a football pot that pays off big at the end of each half. He had $500 bucks in the bag whether Arizona scored or not, the return screwed him......he's sick right now.

How about this for an economic stimulus plan? Have the Super Bowl every weekend.

Mailman
02-01-2009, 07:12 PM

Why? They'd just pull out some wasteoids who suck at music and excel at being hawt.

Pantherstang84
02-01-2009, 07:14 PM

I don't have anything personal against Springsteen. I just don't think the man could carry a tune if you gave him a bucket. I cite the current song as evidence...

Maddict5
02-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Why? They'd just pull out some wasteoids who suck at music and excel at being hawt.

i just dont feel seeing 60+ yr olds sliding crotch first into a camera is essential to my SB experience :headhurts:

Revolution
Yawn!!!

gg no re
I don't have anything personal against Springsteen. I just don't think the man could carry a tune if you gave him a bucket. I cite the current song as evidence...

In 10 years your favorite band will perform on the halftime show, and some young punk will proclaim, "get this old fogey off the stage"

gg no re
i just dont feel seeing 60+ yr olds sliding crotch first into a camera is essential to my SB experience :headhurts:

Now this is a valid excuse!

Pantherstang84
02-01-2009, 07:18 PM
In 10 years your favorite band will perform on the halftime show, and some young punk will proclaim, "get this old fogey off the stage"

You mean AC/DC will still be around in 10 years?

My opinion on Springsteen is my own. I don't expect anyone to agree with me. Just never bought into his non-tune carrying hype.

Showtime100
02-01-2009, 07:18 PM

No doubt. The proven vets doing halftime always works.

Mailman
02-01-2009, 07:21 PM
My suggestion for next year's Super Bowl:

Les Savy Fav (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_VGcXmTDFo&feature=related)

Maddict5
You mean AC/DC will still be around in 10 years?

probably on the shortlist for next yr along with the beegees

No doubt. The proven vets doing halftime always works.

:ok:

GuerillaBlack
NFL still punishing us young ones for the exposure of Janet Jackson's nipples.

Ryan
02-01-2009, 07:22 PM
I say get a modern rock band to play at halftime not people past their prime or talentless whores that lip sync.

Spled
Next year's halftime act - http://gossipchic.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/jonas-brothers-teen-vogue-6.jpg

Thorn
Da Boss Rocks! I enjoyed watching Springsteen. Good halftime show for once.

Pantherstang84
probably on the shortlist for next yr along with the beegees

:ok:

One of the Gibbs brothers is dead so I think the BeeGees are out.

Maddict5
02-01-2009, 07:23 PM

i still saw plenty of tits this yr

Pantherstang84
02-01-2009, 07:23 PM

I think they should bring her back and expose both nipples next time.

Mailman
02-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Da Boss Rocks! I enjoyed watching Springsteen. Good halftime show for once.

Best one since Prince a couple of years ago and U2 in 2002.

Damn, I sound like an old coot.

Revolution
02-01-2009, 07:26 PM

Prince has been the best I have seen. I just don't think BS can sing. The band did fine.

Pantherstang84
02-01-2009, 07:27 PM

Boz Scaggs anyone?

Maddict5
One of the Gibbs brothers is dead so I think the BeeGees are out.

oh yeah forgot about that... tom petty was pretty much a corpse though so i wouldnt rule it out yet :)

Dan B.
I got nothing against Bruce Springsteen, and to be honest I respect him for maturing as an artist and going for more of an acoustic/solo thing later in his career. As opposed to dudes like Aerosmith and the Stones that think they are still in their 30's. That being said, that halftime show was lame. Obviously he couldn't come out and play Philadelphia followed up with his depressing but beautiful song from the Wrestler. But that show just felt forced.

Mailman
02-01-2009, 07:28 PM
I say get a modern rock band to play at halftime not people past their prime or talentless whores that lip sync.

I'm sorry but I'd rather see a Springsteen, Costello, or Dylan instead of a Maroon 5 or Nickleback.

Showtime100

No, that was Thanksgiving with the Jonas Brothers. :spit:

Dan B.
U2 had the best halftime show I've ever seen. By far. Prince's was pretty good too. Other than that I really can't remember a good one. McCartney was better than average I guess. But usually even the good artists have craptacular shows at the SB.

Mailman
02-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Prince has been the best I have seen. I just don't think BS can sing. The band did fine.

Sure, he's limited vocally, but he's an exceptional entertainer and a solid songwriter.

gg no re
02-01-2009, 07:30 PM
I'm sorry but I'd rather see a Springsteen, Costello, or Dylan instead of a Maroon 5 or Nickleback.

These young guys could put on a good show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0 ahahahaha

Maddict5
U2 had the best halftime show I've ever seen. By far. Prince's was pretty good too. Other than that I really can't remember a good one. McCartney was better than average I guess. But usually even the good artists have craptacular shows at the SB.

agreed u2 was great. most of the time i switch over to family guy or something after 5 minutes. i lasted until the crotch this yr

Pantherstang84
You know I used to think my Dad was just lame when he complained to the music I listened to back in the day. Now I hear the stuff my kids listen to and I realized I have morphed into my Dad. lol:

Maddict5
02-01-2009, 07:31 PM

foo fighters

Mailman
02-01-2009, 07:32 PM
foo fighters

Okay, I could live with the Foo.

Mailman
02-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Or Kings of Leon.

I think it'd be hilarious if the Flaming Lips played the SB.

Pantherstang84
02-01-2009, 07:33 PM
foo fighters

foo figthers would work.

Showtime100
02-01-2009, 07:35 PM
You know I used to think my Dad was just lame when he complained to the music I listened to back in the day. Now I hear the stuff my kids listen to and I realized I have morphed into my Dad. lol:

I don't have kids but I can surely relate....lol.

GuerillaBlack
02-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Child Rebel Solider!

Xcellerator
James Harrison with another play?!

Dan B.
Jack White

GuerillaBlack
02-01-2009, 07:38 PM
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/music/princehalftime.jpg

YALL WANNA SING TONIGHT?

gg no re
02-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Free Grand Slam at Ihop?!!!

Showtime100
02-01-2009, 07:41 PM
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/music/princehalftime.jpg

YALL WANNA SING TONIGHT?

I liked that show. Him singing Purple Rain in a real unstaged rain. Great stuff.

PapaL
02-01-2009, 07:44 PM
AZ is falling apart...

Showtime100
02-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Terrible roughing call.

PapaL
02-01-2009, 07:51 PM
It's official, I hate the Steelers.

Mailman
02-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Haha Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaatttttth hhhhhh dropped a probable TD

Mailman
02-01-2009, 07:52 PM
That has to be grounding

Mailman
02-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Eh, maybe not.

gg no re
02-01-2009, 07:54 PM
What are the Cardinals doing?!

axman40
Huge penalty there

Mailman
OMFG

Personal foul on Wilson to give Pitt a 1st and goal

Mailman
02-01-2009, 07:55 PM
What are the Cardinals doing?!

They are who we thought they were?

Showtime100
02-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Eh, maybe not.

I saw holding that wasn't called. Now running into the HOLDER. Geez.

PapaL
02-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Ever notice that when there is an iffy call 9.9/10 times it goes PITs way?

Mailman
02-01-2009, 07:56 PM
OH MAN that was close. Could've been pick 6 if Rolle had held on.

Mailman
02-01-2009, 07:57 PM

Yes, I have indeed noticed that.

AZ with the goal-line stand. FG is good.

PapaL
02-01-2009, 08:00 PM
AZ needs a TD here.

Showtime100
02-01-2009, 08:01 PM

Penalties

Pittsburgh 2/15
Arizona 8/81

I know what you mean...lol. I could win some money on the Steelers and am enjoying the game, but I know what you mean.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Sports/steeler7lp.jpg

gg no re
02-01-2009, 08:02 PM
When did Kurt Warner's wife get a good haircut? D=

HoustonFrog
02-01-2009, 08:03 PM

Starting even back in the Seattle SB. I'm surprised their wasn't a 4th 15 yarder called to help them along. What a joke.

Also, I'm convinced that Championship weekend is 10 times better than the SB. Tough nosed games. Regular pregame. No fake ass fluffy hype. I'm beginning to put the SB on the same level as 4th of July and New Years...overrated.

Showtime100
02-01-2009, 08:05 PM
When did Kurt Warner's wife get a good haircut? D=

Last time I saw her she had short hair. She was looking hot just then. :toast2:

PapaL
02-01-2009, 08:09 PM
My money goes w/PIT. My heart goes w/AZ.

I doubt I finish watching this "game".

PapaL
02-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Before and After:

http://www.bagofnothing.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/brenda.jpg

Mailman
02-01-2009, 08:11 PM
My money goes w/PIT. My heart goes w/AZ.

I doubt I finish watching this "game".

Yup. This game is going about how I thought it would.

PapaL
02-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Holding? Are you f'in kidding me?

Good Night all.

Wolf
02-01-2009, 08:15 PM
boy pitt has taken Fitzgerald out of the equation

(I haven't seen much of the game just saw the stat of 1 rec 12 yards)

Mailman
02-01-2009, 08:18 PM

Predictable as it seems to happen every SB. Good teams with good coaching staffs and two weeks to prepare can usually devise a scheme to shut down the opposing stud WR.

Showtime100
02-01-2009, 08:18 PM
OK, that Cash4Gold commercial was good. Ed McMahon and M.C. Hammer tuning it in for the cash...lol.

Mailman
02-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Good time for a Fitzgerald sighting.

Mailman
02-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Cards trying to make a game of it.

Showtime100
02-01-2009, 08:22 PM

They heard ya Wolf. Pittsburgh backed off and now Arizona is marching.

Mailman
02-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Fitz with the awesome TD catch!

Mailman
02-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Predictable as it seems to happen every SB. Good teams with good coaching staffs and two weeks to prepare can usually devise a scheme to shut down the opposing stud WR.

:gun:

axman40
02-01-2009, 08:27 PM
TD Fitz Steelers 20 -14

Maddict5
02-01-2009, 08:32 PM
...if only we had a dockett

HoustonFrog
02-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Come on Cards!!

We got us a game.

Of course there will be a penalty to mar the whole thing.

Mailman
02-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Holy crap what a turn of events!

axman40
Safety on a penalty WOW!

Mailman
Holding in the end zone for a safety to negate a probable game-ending first down pass to Holmes.

Mailman
02-01-2009, 08:46 PM
That just blew up a lot of winning SB squares.

gg no re
02-01-2009, 08:48 PM
wowowow

Mailman
Td fitzgerald!!!!

Omgfffdfsfsd

axman40
TD Fitz Cards with the lead

PapaL
OMG wow...

Showtime100
[Flounder from Animal House] - Oh boy this is greeeaat!!

Mailman
02-01-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm calling it now--first OT in SB history happens tonight.

HoustonFrog
02-01-2009, 08:50 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

How does that taste Harrison

Showtime100
02-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Question: Is it 4th down now (during current timeout?)

Mailman
02-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Ben Clutchlisberger.

Showtime100
02-01-2009, 08:58 PM
*the F word*

HoustonFrog
02-01-2009, 09:00 PM
This went from pathetic to heatpounding. Dam what a catch

axman40
02-01-2009, 09:01 PM
TD Holmes play under review

Mailman
02-01-2009, 09:01 PM
That's a touchdown.

gg no re
02-01-2009, 09:02 PM
holy ****

not even brenda warner's hot new haircut could stop that

Pantherstang84
02-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Why do Defensive Coordinators vapor lock when the game is on the line?

Pendergast looked like a retard on that possesion.

axman40
02-01-2009, 09:03 PM
TD stands Steelers 27-23

Mailman
02-01-2009, 09:05 PM
No chance, fellas.

Grrrrr. I hate the Steelers.

Pantherstang84
02-01-2009, 09:07 PM
I swear if anyone from our Pittsburgh office calls tomorrow, I'm sending them straight to voice mail.

Mailman
02-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Fitz: 7/127/2

Maddict5
02-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Why do Defensive Coordinators vapor lock when the game is on the line?

Pendergast looked like a retard on that possesion.

that was all ben (except the great catch).. cards has 2-3 sacks if nearly any other qb

Showtime100
02-01-2009, 09:09 PM
It was a tuck!!!! kidding :gun:

GuerillaBlack
02-01-2009, 09:10 PM
WooHoo!!!!!!!

Mailman
Well, eat it Cowboys fans.

axman40
Steelers win their 6th Super Bowl!

PapaL
02-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Yet another iffy call goes PITs way. 9.999999/10 calls

You HAVE to review that.

Pantherstang84
02-01-2009, 09:12 PM
that was all ben (except the great catch).. cards has 2-3 sacks if nearly any other qb

How as a DC can you not make sure Holmes is accounted for? Where were the stunts where Docket was kissing Rothlisberger?

Playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Bad defensive play calling pure and simple.

Dread-Head
GAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!!!
:trophy: X6

:zipit: :trophy:x6 > :trophy:x5

Pantherstang84
Well, eat it Cowboys fans.

Try www.jerrahsworld.com if you're looking for Dallas fans.

GuerillaBlack
02-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Now for what we have all been waiting for....The Office.

Mailman
02-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Yet another iffy call goes PITs way. 9.999999/10 calls

You HAVE to review that.

But it was the right call.

PapaL
02-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Hats off to the Thumb plus one.

I hope one day my team can give me and other fans the same passion the Steelers and their fans have. Passion that makes other teams and fans hate and envy you.

Dread-Head
02-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Congratulations to Mr. Polamalu, Mr Ward, Mr Holmes & Mr. Roethlissburger
:trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy:

Showtime100
How as a DC can you not make sure Holmes is accounted for? Where were the stunts where Docket was kissing Rothlisberger?

Playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Bad defensive play calling pure and simple.

I hear what you are saying, but they had to account for Holmes for a long, long time during most of the plays on that drive. Maybe 5-6 seconds. Pretty tall order, IMO

Mailman

Looked like a personnel issue and not poor coaching. Aaron Francisco was out of position and slipped as he was coming up to make the tackle on Holmes.

PapaL
But it was the right call.

Regardless, games are decided on the field not by some weenie in a booth. Let the refs on the field take another look and verify they made the right call.

Carr Bombed
02-01-2009, 09:19 PM

Well Pittsburgh taketh away and then they giveth........that game winning TD won my dad $500 bucks at the end of the 2nd half.

Showtime100
02-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Well Pittsburgh taketh away and then they giveth........that game winning TD won my dad $500 bucks at the end of the 2nd half.

That's cool...lol. Better that way than vise-versa.

mattieuk
02-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Well...what a bloody good game. Two in a row now have really been amazing, a blessing for football fans to have such excitement to finish the season. Congrats to Tomlin and the Steelers, and unlucky Cardinals, they didn't play like perennial losers, and if they show the same level of play next year, they should be great to watch again.

I guess all that remains now, is the week long wait until the Pro Bowl, and then off season blues can really begin!

1 years time, and it'll be us celebrating. Keep the faith. :texflag:

swtbound07
02-01-2009, 09:25 PM
the lack of review on the final play is appaling. Nearly criminal.

Ryan
02-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Another great superbowl. I keep on pulling for the wrong team every year though.:gun:

So if the Texans make it next year i might have to pull against them so they can win.

Wolf
02-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Another great superbowl. I keep on pulling for the wrong team every year though.:gun:

So if the Texans make it next year i might have to pull against them so they can win.

I hear ya.. I figured pittsburgh would win, but was hoping Arizona would

I have the kiss of death when it comes to betting

mattieuk
02-01-2009, 09:30 PM

Yea, I thought it warranted another look at least. The times they looked at the Holmes TD, I thought they could have made sure about the final play of the game, but either way, I'm not sure about it anyway, so would have been hard to overturn.

Blake
02-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Shoulda reviewed the last play. Not a fumble.

Ryan
02-01-2009, 09:34 PM
I hear ya.. I figured pittsburgh would win, but was hoping Arizona would

I have the kiss of death when it comes to betting

the last one in which the team i pulled for actually won was SB XXXV when the Ravens beat the Giants.

Honoring Earl 34
02-01-2009, 09:34 PM

I agree ... kinda NBA like .

dtran04
02-01-2009, 09:35 PM
If recent history stays true, the loser of the Super Bowl misses the playoffs next year.

gwallaia
02-01-2009, 09:38 PM

He did not have possession of the ball when his arm started going forward. He bumped the loose ball forward with his arm. In my opinion, it was a fumble.

SheTexan
02-01-2009, 09:42 PM
He did not have possession of the ball when his arm started going forward. He bumped the loose ball forward with his arm. In my opinion, it was a fumble.

I hate to say this, but, for what it's worth. I agree! Cards played a good game, hung in there till the end. A lot of adrenaline flowing those last few minutes. Exciting forth quarter.

HoustonFrog
02-01-2009, 10:03 PM

I agree. JMO but if you look at it realistically it shows his arm was going forward..the guy hits the ball and impedes the throwing motion but Warner still pushes it through the hand and pushes it off with his palm. Watch it again. Should have had another play. I get that with the guy hitting it it looks like he knocked it out but Warner kept pushing it through and still pushed it forward. Just because someones arm delays the motion doesn't mean it is a fumble if the QB fights through it. It was a b.s.

GuerillaBlack
02-01-2009, 10:12 PM
First it was like:

http://i39.tinypic.com/35hiz69.gif

Then it was like:

http://i42.tinypic.com/23kp0qs.gif

But then it was like:

http://i40.tinypic.com/jh52io.gif

WesmanTexanfan
02-01-2009, 10:14 PM
THAT......was a superbowl....

cards almost took it, but the steelers made me look good, called it in november...

texasguy346
02-01-2009, 10:14 PM

That's what I saw. It was a great game. Definitely much better than I expected. The Cards played Pittsburgh tough, and nearly came out with the win. We'll be hearing the "Legend of Big Ben" for quite some time.

WesmanTexanfan
02-01-2009, 10:15 PM
That's what I saw. It was a great game. Definitely much better than I expected. The Cards played Pittsburgh tough, and nearly came out with the win. We'll be hearing the "Legend of Big Ben" for quite some time.

I honestly think that call could have gone either way..

TEXANRED
02-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Could of been a great SB if not for the non-review. That was was an incomplete pass and the Cards should of had the ball back with 5 seconds on the 35.

This was a terribly officiated game from the start so no reason why it should of ended differently.

GuerillaBlack
02-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Could of been a great SB if not for the non-review. That was was an incomplete pass and the Cards should of had the ball back with 5 seconds on the 35.

This was a terribly officiated game from the start so no reason why it should of ended differently.

Look at the gif I posted. Warner had no control when his arm was going forward.

Anyway...

I can't stop! I can't stop!

http://i39.tinypic.com/bg19w.gif

Big Lou
02-01-2009, 10:21 PM

Horrible, Horrible officiating.

1. Block in the back on the Harrison TD return.

2. Harrison should have been ejected, and should have been a 15 yard penalty.

3. Warner was roughed two or three times with out the call while they called it on Rothlisblunder.

4. Typical Pittsburgh holding!!!!!!

The Steelers don't deserve the win. What's with them and the Refs this year!!!!!!

powerfuldragon
02-01-2009, 10:22 PM
it was a pretty freaking good game in my opinion. i wish the cards had won though.

TEXANRED
02-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Look at the gif I posted. Warner had no control when his arm was going forward.

Anyway...

I can't stop! I can't stop!

http://i39.tinypic.com/bg19w.gif

I saw the replay. When his arm comes forward he has the ball in his hand. By definition that is a pass.

I am not saying the Cards would of scored but the refs cheated us out of an ending.

Wolf
02-01-2009, 10:29 PM

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/10/m_e09ce3f7ec5a4e4e85aa7d0a2a769021.jpg

Who?

:d:

GuerillaBlack
02-01-2009, 10:37 PM
I saw the replay. When his arm comes forward he has the ball in his hand. By definition that is a pass.

I am not saying the Cards would of scored but the refs cheated us out of an ending.

He doesn't have the ball in his hands. It's wobbling around.

TEXANRED
02-01-2009, 10:40 PM
He doesn't have the ball in his hands. It's wobbling around.

It may have wobbled but it was still in his hands. When his arm goes forward the ball is pushed out by his hand.

Either way, there should of been a both review.

disaacks3
02-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Possibly the worst officiated Superbowl ever. Uneven for the same offenses. I've never seen such a critical game have so many 'marginal' calls that made such huge differences either.

The non-review at the end will become an infamous "conspiracy theory" for years to come, but I doubt it would have changed the outcome.

The Harrison TD @ the end of the 1st half had so many non-calls, I gave up on it well before he neared the endzone. Don't get me wrong Harrison made a FANTASTIC play and no blame lies on him for THAT play.

Spled
02-01-2009, 10:45 PM
The saftey was arguably ticky tack. I thought Warner cocked the ball, but didn't go forward with it at the end.