PDA

View Full Version : Sigh. PFT thinks John Gruden is a candidate....... in Houston!

DiehardChris
01-16-2009, 11:26 PM
LOL

A lot of people already don't like Mike Florio and his ridiculous rumor-mongering, but this one just about takes the cake.

But Grudenís availability could trigger a domino effect, with a previously on-the-fence team opting to make a move, and to make a run at Gruden.

Possibilities (in our view) include Buffalo, Houston, Jacksonville, San Diego, Dallas, Chicago, and Carolina.

Amusing Link (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/16/what-next-for-gruden/)

Warning - your IQ may drop several points upon reading the above story.

TexansLucky13
01-16-2009, 11:28 PM
I would want him on my team for a "Who can look the most pissed off for no reason" contest, other than that I am not sure.

PapaL
01-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Sweet an Offensive guy filling our DL Coach and/or Strength and Conditioning position.

What an ASSet - both Gruden and Florio.

False Start
01-16-2009, 11:42 PM
I would want him on my team for a "Who can look the most pissed off for no reason" contest, other than that I am not sure.

He could have a pissed off contest with Alex Gibbs.

Lucky
01-17-2009, 07:04 AM
Has there been a more overrated coach in the NFL over the past 10 years? Gruden has been riding Monte Kiffin's coattails since he arrived in Tampa. Now that Monte is in Knoxville with his son, there was no reason to keep Chucky around. Still, image is everything in the NFL, so Gruden will get retreaded. I hope it's not here.

Mari-OWNED!
01-17-2009, 07:14 AM
Haha wow... Gruden can change us to a Tampa 2 defense as well... :spit:

ArlingtonTexan
01-17-2009, 08:21 AM
Well, this ons is not even rumor, it is mere writer speculation. Note: all of the teams listed will have a head caoch on next year's so-called hot seat, not really interesting here.

mussop
01-17-2009, 08:43 AM

I hate those stupid looks he does when he knows the camera is on him. The guy is a premadonna.

infantrycak
01-17-2009, 10:05 AM
The guy is a premadonna.

I'm pretty sure Madonna was born before him.

Malloy
01-17-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm pretty sure Madonna was born before him.

damn you inf, you got coffee all over my screen now!

Pantherstang84
01-17-2009, 12:32 PM
LOL

A lot of people already don't like Mike Florio and his ridiculous rumor-mongering, but this one just about takes the cake.

Amusing Link (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/16/what-next-for-gruden/)

Warning - your IQ may drop several points upon reading the above story.

Read the post. The best piece of flatulence I've read in a while. Ole' Mikey could beat Dickie Justice and Solomon in a pure nonsense writing contest and it wouldn't even be close.

Brando
01-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Wow, I like getting "some" of my news at pft, but this is incredibly ridiculous.

Mr. White
01-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Possibilities (in our view) include Buffalo, Houston, Jacksonville, San Diego, Dallas, Chicago, and Carolina.

The bolded text is the key to me. This isn't news, it's speculation.

Say what you want about Florio, but the guy hits a lot more than he misses.

Brando
01-17-2009, 01:07 PM
The bolded text is the key to me. This isn't news, it's speculation.

Say what you want about Florio, but the guy hits a lot more than he misses.

True.

Dread-Head
01-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Has there been a more overrated coach in the NFL over the past 10 years? Gruden has been riding Monte Kiffin's coattails since he arrived in Tampa. Now that Monte is in Knoxville with his son, there was no reason to keep Chucky around. Still, image is everything in the NFL, so Gruden will get retreaded. I hope it's not here.

The guy went to ONE Superbowl with a team that TONY DUNGEE built before they fired him! Calling him a great NFL coach would be like calling Barry Switzer one...they did the exact same thing and I'm not impressed with either. How many times has Tampa Bay been back to the Playoffs since that Superbowl win?

Texecutioner
01-17-2009, 01:29 PM
John Gruden is definitely a good NFL coach. He is just a very stubborn one and needs to learn to be a better players coach.

I don't want him anywhere near Houston though.

beerlover
01-17-2009, 01:44 PM
take a break from coaching. recharge. step into the booth :)

The Pencil Neck
01-17-2009, 02:57 PM
The guy went to ONE Superbowl with a team that TONY DUNGEE built before they fired him! Calling him a great NFL coach would be like calling Barry Switzer one...they did the exact same thing and I'm not impressed with either. How many times has Tampa Bay been back to the Playoffs since that Superbowl win?

OTOH, Gruden built the Raider team that Callahan coached to the Super Bowl (and Gruden then demolished.)

So, to me, Gruden has more credibility than Switzer.

However, Gruden wasn't able to recreate his success at building an offense in Tampa Bay. OTOH, Dungy wasn't able to recreate his success at building a defense in Indy like he did in Tampa Bay.

Looking back at what I've written, I'm not sure what the hell my point is.

PHAROAH
01-17-2009, 03:20 PM
I think that Gruden is an excellent coach now we don't know what the circumstances were on why he was let go but I would have to think that Gruden is a stonger coach than Kubiak at this point due to the fact he nearly took 2 teams to the superbowl and he coached 1 team to the superbowl versus a coach who has never taken his team to the playoffs. I am not saying to get rid of Kubiak because he is making serious progress and the move doesn't make since to the fan base to change but, from an owner stand point if he did fire Kubiak and were to persue Gruden I wouldn't be shocked at all due to the fact this is a business and Gruden is a proven winner versus a coach who is trying to win. Big difference but I like Kubiak so let's give him one more season.

rarazz00
01-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Just think of the collection of QB's Houston will have.....He collects QB's like Jay Leno collects cars :thisbig:

kastofsna
01-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Gruden is an offensive coordinator, he's not a head coach, players don't like him and he absolutely has zero interest in the future of a team