PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys fire DC Brian Stewart

Brando
01-16-2009, 07:23 PM
So much for the Cowboys’ coaching staff being in place.

Despite a declaration from owner Jerry Jones that changes wouldn’t be made, the Cowboys previously fired special teams coordinator Bruce Read.

Now, a league source tells us that defensive coordinator Brian Stewart has been dumped.

Stewart had been in the job for two season, coming over to the Cowboys from the Chargers with head coach Wade Phillips.

UPDATE: The Cowboys have announced that Stewart has been dismissed.

pft (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/16/cowboys-can-defensive-coordinator/)

StarStruck
01-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Interesting. I must roam over to the Ranch and see what's going on.

WWJD
01-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Their defense sucked till Wade took a hand in it. I am not surprised he was let go. Wade needs to be next. But will he?

cuppacoffee
01-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Their defense sucked till Wade took a hand in it. I am not surprised he was let go. Wade needs to be next. But will he?

The chump that brought a known cancer, (or two, or three) to the team needs to be fired, but we know that can't happen.

Remember Hollywood Henderson being let go by Tom Landry because of his antics? Not quite the same talent I suppose, but the analogy sticks.
Inmates are running the asylum.

Landry knew what he was doing, the present bunch is clueless.

:coffee:

The Pencil Neck
01-17-2009, 02:50 PM

The talk on Cowboy radio yesterday was will Wade go and Gruden take his place.

Texecutioner
01-17-2009, 02:58 PM
He should have been fired. Their defense was horrible at the beginning of the season compared to all of the talent they had back there. It didn't really improve until Wade took over and it improved a lot.

Keep Wade in charge of that defense next year, get rid of TO and the Cowboys would be in a nice position to possibly make another run at it. Jerry won't get rid of TO though.