Scooter
01-15-2009, 03:33 PM
going to be on rome is burning also.

El Tejano
01-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Anything yet?

Jackie Chiles
01-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Watched him on ESPN, it was a breakdown of the championship games, no cool Texans news unfortunately.

jshabang
01-15-2009, 03:56 PM
not one single solitary word about anything texans......dude was a analyst strictly

El Tejano
01-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Can you say preparation for life after football?

disaacks3
01-15-2009, 05:06 PM
not one single solitary word about anything texans......dude was a analyst strictly
I guess the old "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything" rule is being enforced...

TimeKiller
01-15-2009, 05:09 PM

Quoted just because it's almost exactly the feeling I get reading this page.

Ryan
01-15-2009, 05:41 PM

Obviously, because I don't think the Texans backup LT would usually get a spot on Rome for mere entertainment purposes.

Shaft75
01-15-2009, 05:56 PM
At least he wasn't dancing or wearing a speedo. Maybe he is still a little upset about D. Brown being plugged in so early. What will suck is if he moves on and we have no depth behind Brown. Does anyone know his contract status?

b0ng
01-15-2009, 05:58 PM
At least he wasn't dancing or wearing a speedo. Maybe he is still a little upset about D. Brown being plugged in so early. What will suck is if he moves on and we have no depth behind Brown. Does anyone know his contract status?

He's a FA in 2010, or he can retire.

DiehardChris
01-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Wow. Is he bitter about losing his job to Brown or what? Jeez, he wasn't shy about it, though he didn't name names. He was clearly taking a shot at Brown and/or Kubiak's decision to hand him the starting job.

False Start
01-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Wow. Is he bitter about losing his job to Brown or what? Jeez, he wasn't shy about it, though he didn't name names. He was clearly taking a shot at Brown and/or Kubiak's decision to hand him the starting job.

I caught that too. When he was asked about how times have changed as far as players playing right away.

Goldensilence
01-15-2009, 07:21 PM

I think Rashad Butler could be an upgrade if Salaam does decide to leave or retire. He'll probably be the swing though and I'm not advocating cutting Salaam it would be really nice to have him around one more year.

GP
01-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Salaam is a ticket taker: The guy who stands at a turnstill and takes the pass rusher's ticket, tipping his hat at the gent as he races to sack the QB.

I hope he's gone. Even when he came in, to relieve Brown, he was a step behind the rusher. If you're going to gripe...do your job when it's your turn.

But noooo....

HOU-TEX
01-16-2009, 08:56 AM
I think Rashad Butler could be an upgrade if Salaam does decide to leave or retire. He'll probably be the swing though and I'm not advocating cutting Salaam it would be really nice to have him around one more year.

I agree. Butler was impressive in the amount of time he was on the field during the pre-season.

Salaam is playing the position he's best suited for....a backup.

El Tejano
01-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Wow. I didn't even hear the interview when I said he is trying to get ready for life after football. What did Salaam say?

mexican_texan
01-16-2009, 09:20 AM
He's a good analyst/highlights guy. He's been working with one of the local stations all season long.

Scooter
01-16-2009, 09:37 AM
i caught that too but didnt really read too much from it. he's caught up in using his draft status as an excuse as why he's overlooked when it's actually his play but he knows that as well as anyone - he's good at speaking with experience and stretching it to fit the need. as far as after his playing days, ephraim's already better than most color commentators or pre-game analysts. he'll have a job easily at a major network ... hopefully bumping one of the idiots like emmit, strahan, or tiki off the air.

Jackie Chiles
01-16-2009, 02:22 PM
I guess I wasn't reading between the lines quite as hard as some of you guys but for the most part I thought his comments on rookies starting were directed at Flacco and some other rookies in general.

mexican_texan
01-16-2009, 11:35 PM
I hope he stays local, maybe working with Fox Sports Houston.