PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

JCTexan
02-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Update over at ht.com

with the 46th pick of the 2009 nfl draft, the houston texans select....

tyson jackson DE LSU

Honoring Earl 34
02-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Update over at ht.com

That poor guy catches flak .

JCTexan
02-15-2009, 08:02 PM
That poor guy catches flak .

Well when you're picking for the Texans and nobody agrees with your pick you deserve it. Tyson Jackson was the best player at that point, but I don't know if he fits the Texans defense. He seems to be more of a 3-4 DE then a 4-3. Picking someone like Paul Kruger would have been better for the 4-3 imo. The Chris Wells pick was a complete joke.

Honoring Earl 34
02-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Well when you're picking for the Texans and nobody agrees with your pick you deserve it. Tyson Jackson was the best player at that point, but I don't know if he fits the Texans defense. He seems to be more of a 3-4 DE then a 4-3. Picking someone like Paul Kruger would have been better for the 4-3 imo. The Chris Wells pick was a complete joke.

The funny thing is L. McCoy went next . You could have had a choice of several defensive players , then picked McCoy and looked like a genuis .

Blake
02-15-2009, 08:54 PM
The funny thing is L. McCoy went next . You could have had a choice of several defensive players , then picked McCoy and looked like a genuis .

Agreed. I would actually prefer McCoy over Wells for us anyways. I think Jackson was great value in the 2nd though.

Only 14 picks left in our entire 2 round mock.

steelbtexan
02-15-2009, 09:33 PM
With the 51st pick in the Nfl draft the Dallas Cowgirls select Jarron Gilbert DT-DE San Jose State

Gilbert replaces FA Chris Canty. He fits th 3-4 defense like a glove. Gilbert has one of the best 1st steps of any DE in the draft. I believe he will be an upgrade from Canty immediately. He has a chance to become a star on the team with a star on their helments.

Gilbert has a non-stop motor & very good character. Something the Cowgirls are lacking.

Texan in Japan
02-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Tex Fans,

I'm headed to Kuwait tommorrow and will be in Baghdad for 6+ months. I've been finishing up some Army training and missed my last pick. I'll probably miss the next one also, but here is my priority order if available...

Paul Kruger DE Utah
William Moore S Missouri
Sen'Derrick Marks DT Auburn
Shonn Greene RB Iowa
Andy Levitre OG Oregon St.

If none available, mods pls have someone pick for me.

Mark

jgl35
02-15-2009, 10:57 PM
The Eagles select Jarad Cook TE South Carolina. L.J. Smith and Schobel should not be back. This is a posision of need. Celek is coming along and should be the starter, but Cook could push him for the job.
With the top TE off the board, it comes down to Cook or Nelson. I happen to like Cook more.

Honoring Earl 34
02-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Tex Fans,

I'm headed to Kuwait tommorrow and will be in Baghdad for 6+ months. I've been finishing up some Army training and missed my last pick. I'll probably miss the next one also, but here is my priority order if available...

Paul Kruger DE Utah
William Moore S Missouri
Shonn Greene RB Iowa

Mark

Keep your head low and your powder dry . I wish you the best , come back next year and pick again .

Mari-OWNED!
02-15-2009, 11:59 PM
Tex Fans,

Paul Kruger DE Utah
William Moore S Missouri
Shonn Greene RB Iowa

Mark

Take care man. I wish you the best, and post here again as soon as you get the chance!

jgl35
02-16-2009, 12:03 AM
Second that. Take care.

The Pencil Neck
02-16-2009, 01:16 AM
Tex Fans,

Paul Kruger DE Utah
William Moore S Missouri
Shonn Greene RB Iowa

Mark

Thanks for everything you do for us, man.

mussop
02-16-2009, 01:55 AM
Tex Fans,

Paul Kruger DE Utah
William Moore S Missouri
Shonn Greene RB Iowa

Mark

Take care!

Ole Miss Texan
02-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Unfortunately, rickyb had to leave the country for a week. With going BPA and matching the top player left on ricky's board...

With the 53rd pick, the New York Jets select Paul Kruger, DE, Utah.

rmartin65
02-16-2009, 10:01 AM
The Minnesota Vikings select Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston State.

While this is a reach, the Vikings could not afford to wait until the end of the 3rd for their QB. Bomar has above average athleticism, good arm strength and solid accuracy. His main flaw is that he gets a little cocky, trying to force things to happen. I believe he would start by week 3 or 4 of the season, at the latest.

Texan JBZ
02-16-2009, 11:54 AM
With the 55th pick in the draft, the Atlanta Falcons select Fili Moala, DT, 6'5" 303 lbs, USC. Again, I was hoping that Ron Brace would fall to this pick, but Moala is essentially the same type of player. The Falcons get another big run-stuffing DT to take the place of Grady Jackson

HOU-TEX
02-16-2009, 12:07 PM
The Phins will be making their pick shortly. Thanks

Texan in Japan
02-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks to all for the good wishes!!! My son is monitoring the combine/draft prep for me...I'll check in when I get connectivity again.

Texan at BWI out!

Blake
02-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Not trying to jinx it but we are moving along smoothly!

HOU-TEX
02-16-2009, 12:37 PM
With the 56th pick the Miami Dolphins select.......Conner Barwin DE/OLB out of Cincinnati.

After doing a little research on Connor he seems to be a player Parcells would love. A very high motor DE that's very quick off the edge should eventually translate nicely to the OLB position opposite Porter. He's a converted TE and his versatility will allow him to play ST's too.

WolverineFan
02-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Not trying to jinx it but we are moving along smoothly!

Yea this thing is really moving along now. If it had gone like this all along we could have knocked out a 3rd round too, but that's just wishful thinking.

The Pencil Neck
02-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Yea this thing is really moving along now. If it had gone like this all along we could have knocked out a 3rd round too, but that's just wishful thinking.

This is for 3 rounds.

Or did we change it to 2 when it wasn't moving quickly?

steelbtexan
02-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Thanks to all for the good wishes!!! My son is monitoring the combine/draft prep for me...I'll check in when I get connectivity again.

Texan at BWI out!

Thanks for everything that you do.

Keep your head down and your senses keen.

Most of all stay safe

Thoughts and prayers are with you

WolverineFan
02-16-2009, 01:38 PM
This is for 3 rounds.

Or did we change it to 2 when it wasn't moving quickly?

It was originally for 3 rounds, but because of the lack of participation by some members it was changed to only 2 rounds.

TexansSeminole
02-16-2009, 01:40 PM
With the 57th pick the Baltimore Ravens select Juaquin Iglesias, WR Oklahoma.

http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com/warehouse/storage2/2008-w00/img.102816_t.jpg

The Ravens need a WR or two pretty bad. Juaquin is the most solid out of the group left. I thought about going someone else here, but I think he may drop into the 3rd round.

We should go 3 rounds if this keeps moving smoothly.

steelbtexan
02-16-2009, 01:41 PM
I say change it back to 3 rds.

Specnatz
02-16-2009, 01:50 PM

I agree

The Pencil Neck
02-16-2009, 01:56 PM
It was originally for 3 rounds, but because of the lack of participation by some members it was changed to only 2 rounds.

Damn. I was looking forward to 3 rounds.

WolverineFan
02-16-2009, 02:07 PM
I agree

Why? There is no point. We had at least 5 people miss their 1st round pick and probably about 10 miss their 2nd round pick. And that's just a rough estimation it's probably more than that. This mock was supposed to take a week or two, but it's gone on for at least 2 weeks and we're only in the 2nd round.

For those of us that enjoy doing the mock's this one was a real letdown. I would love to do 3 rounds, but it's too hard to accomplish when half the members never show up to make a pick or participate.

I believe we are doing a post-combine mock in a week or so, but it is by invitation only. The people that have been active in this mock will be in it, but for those members who joined up and never participated, they will not be included.

So if you enjoyed this mock and have participated you will probably be invited for the next one, but for those people who signed up and only posted once or twice on the entire 27+ page thread, they will not be invited back.

Blake
02-16-2009, 02:31 PM
I hear yall, but it is alot of extra work and time for me when we have so many people not participating.

The combine starts in 2 days. We can finish up the 2nd round here (7 picks left) and then focus on the combine. Then we can do a post combine 3 or more round mock.

If someone really wants to finish moderating the 3rd round have at it.

bah007
02-16-2009, 02:32 PM

No thanks.

We won't even have finished the second round by the time the combine comes along.

We can finish this one in two rounds and then do a three round mock post-combine.

Honoring Earl 34
02-16-2009, 02:46 PM
I have/had two picks in the 3rd round and y'all just stole my thunder . I'm going to resign Favre , that'll show you .

Blake
02-16-2009, 03:14 PM
"Tex Fans,

Paul Kruger DE Utah
William Moore S Missouri
Shonn Greene RB Iowa

Mark"

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/avatars/patriots.gif

The New England Patriots Select: William Moore, S, Missouri

Blake
02-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Shaft75 is FINALLY on the clock.

Shaft75
02-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Shaft75 is FINALLY on the clock.

Wow... What kickers are left???

TexansSeminole
02-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Wow... What kickers are left???

Lol.

Actually Graham Gano will warant a high pick come draft day. Was only a kicker for this year but won the Lou Groza award.

He was 24-26 this year. Only 2 he missed were over 50 yards, but he was 5 of 7 on over 50 yard field goals.

He has a boot, let me tell you, this guy can kick.

It is very interesting how far William Moore has slipped out of the first round in the eyes of the people doing this mock.

Shaft75
02-16-2009, 04:17 PM
With the 59th pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the Carolina Panthers select:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i5/numb75rss/untitled.jpg

Robert Ayers DE Tennessee

This immediately fills the vacancy that was left when Julius Peppers signed with the Houston Texans. Plug him in and play on!

DiehardChris
02-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Ayers is an absolute STEAL here. No way he lasts anywhere near this long when the real draft comes. Not gonna be a sack machine, but I think he'll be a really solid DE, who will stuff the run and get to the QB once in a while.

TexansSeminole
02-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Ayers is an absolute STEAL here. No way he lasts anywhere near this long when the real draft comes. Not gonna be a sack machine, but I think he'll be a really solid DE, who will stuff the run and get to the QB once in a while.

I was thinking about taking him as a 3-4 DE for the Ravens @ 57, but I didn't like the fit. He is a good player, that is great value here I agree.

steelbtexan
02-16-2009, 04:25 PM
No thanks.

We won't even have finished the second round by the time the combine comes along.

We can finish this one in two rounds and then do a three round mock post-combine.

Good point

Blake
02-16-2009, 04:27 PM
The Pencil Neck, Timekiller, and Kaiser Toro are up.

Shaft75
02-16-2009, 04:31 PM

I haven't been paying too much attention to the mock, and when it was my pick I was very surprised he was still on the board. Didn't take me long to make a decision. He is definitely a top 5 DE in this years draft. Let's see how he does in the combine though. I think he is the type of guy that shows up on gameday. Don't really know what his measurables are.

DiehardChris
02-16-2009, 04:52 PM
I haven't been paying too much attention to the mock, and when it was my pick I was very surprised he was still on the board. Didn't take me long to make a decision. He is definitely a top 5 DE in this years draft. Let's see how he does in the combine though. I think he is the type of guy that shows up on gameday. Don't really know what his measurables are.

It makes sense that he's been kinda mentioned in that "2nd tier" of DEs because he's not a quarterback killer... but I think he could be one of those real solid DEs for many years, but not a "superstar." He'll get sacks, but he's not going to be one of those 12+ sack guys.

I think he'd be great on the other side of Mario. Weaver is so bad that we forget - we don't need another superstar... we just need someone to be solid-to-very good.

The Pencil Neck
02-16-2009, 04:52 PM
With the 60th pick, a very ticked off New York Giants take Tyrone McKenzie, OLB, USF.

We need DE and OLB help. I had to take Beanie Wells earlier but I had planned on taking either a DE or OLB in that spot. In this spot, I had planned on taking a RB.

I was really hoping Kruger, Ayers, or Barwin were going to fall to me. Leave it to Shaft75 to pluck Ayers off the line just before my pick.

Shaft75
02-16-2009, 04:54 PM
With the 60th pick, a very ticked off New York Giants take [SIZE="4"]I was really hoping Kruger, Ayers, or Barwin were going to fall to me. Leave it to Shaft75 to pluck Ayers off the line just before my pick.

:kingkong:

rmartin65
02-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Just curious, who will be running the post combine one?

Shaft75
02-16-2009, 05:31 PM

IDK, but if I get the Panthers again I will punch a baby.

bah007
02-16-2009, 06:33 PM

I would imagine that Super Mario will be doing it.

He's done a great job in this one. I see no reason to fire him.

DiehardChris
02-16-2009, 06:58 PM

What he said. The guy running the show is not the one that needs replacing...

rmartin65
02-16-2009, 07:25 PM

What he said. The guy running the show is not the one that needs replacing...

Totally agree. I was just wondering who wanted to do it.

WolverineFan
02-16-2009, 07:46 PM

I talked to him about it a couple days ago and he said he didn't know if he would be up for another one. I sympathize with him seeing as how he basically ran 6-10 team's drafts because some people never made their picks.

Blake
02-16-2009, 08:27 PM
I talked to him about it a couple days ago and he said he didn't know if he would be up for another one. I sympathize with him seeing as how he basically ran 6-10 team's drafts because some people never made their picks.

I think the combine will give me some time to recharge the batteries. I can mod the 2nd one if everyone is cool with it. Or maybe we can have a couple of mods?

Besides I have a feeling the 2nd one will go even better since we can cut the fat.

Edit: Oh and thanks for the vote of confidence. Its nice to be appreciated. :P

Blake
02-16-2009, 08:30 PM
IDK, but if I get the Panthers again I will punch a baby.

I think everyone would be fine striking you from the possibility of getting the panthers or cowgirls.

The Pencil Neck
02-16-2009, 09:02 PM
I think everyone would be fine striking you from the possibility of getting the panthers or cowgirls.

After snapping up Ayers one pick before me, I'd love for Shaft75 to get stuck with the Panthers again.

:kingkong:

Mari-OWNED!
02-17-2009, 08:14 AM
4 more picks to go! C'mon people! Let's get this out of the way just in time for the Combine!

TimeKiller
02-17-2009, 08:17 AM
I apologize for the wait everyone, I hope it won't affect my status for the next draft!

The choice here is easy, with the 2nd round of DTs taken before me (again) not really feeling like reaching here...the uh, Indianopolis Colts select:

Sean Smith, S, Utah

Guy who is said to play CB or S, good size and speed, good depth at 2 positions....probably ends up starting when Breaky McBob goes down 12 games a year.

Kaiser Toro
02-17-2009, 09:13 AM
This pick was going to be a CB, DL or WR. Many DEs and DTs just went off the board and it came down to two players Robiskie and Butler. However, with Haynesworth being a question mark, the DL as a whole being in flux after next year and current return man/secondary player Chris Carr being a FA I felt compelled to go with the BPA at a need position on defense/special teams - Darius Butler. He also has the ability to take snaps at WR down the line.

http://uconnfootball.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/butler3.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05qfasN6NN4u7/340x.jpg

Ole Miss Texan
02-17-2009, 10:27 AM
The last page or so of comments are hilarious. Panthers, babies, dancing king kongs...:spit:

In re: to Super Mario's ability to run a member mock draft... you've done an outstanding job. I know how easy it probably is to get burnt out. I hope you can take some days off to recharge and come back strong for the post-combine mock.

In re: to # of rounds. I was hoping we could make it through 3 rounds, but yall make a good point about the combine being here. No need to go all out here at the end when we'll all have a better feeling in another week. 2 rounds is a good idea.

Maybe we can all discuss players we would like to pick in the 3rd round anyways, not so much pick them but discuss them. It may help for the post-combine mock. It'd be great to get a tally of everyone's 1st and 2nd round picks + whatever picks they have left in the draft. Maybe we can have a discussion-vote of who's drafts we think went real well. I actually like most of these.

rmartin65
02-17-2009, 10:37 AM
With 2 picks remaining, here is how the draft has gone down:

1st Round

1) Detroit Lions- Aaron Curry, LB
2) St. Louis Rams- Michael Crabtree, WR
3) Kansas City Chiefs- Eugene Monroe, OT
4) Seattle Seahawks- Malcolm Jenkins, CB
5) Cleveland Browns- Andre Smith, OT
6) Cincinnati Bengals- Michael Oher, OL
7) Oakland Raiders- Rey Maualuga, LB
8) Jacksonville Jaguars- Jason Smith, OT
9) Green Bay Packers- BJ Raji, DT
10) San Francisco 49ers- Matthew Stafford, QB
11) Buffalo Bills- Brian Orakpo, DE
12) Detroit Lions- Mark Sanchez, QB
13) Washington Redskins- Eben Britton, OT
14) New Orleans Saints- Vontae Davis, CB
15) Houston Texans- Everette Brown, DE
16) Denver Broncos- Tyson Jackson, DE
17) New York Jets- Brandon Pettigrew, TE
18) Chicago Bears- Aaron Maybin, DE
19) Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Jeremy Maclin, WR
20) San Diego Chargers- Knowshon Moreno, RB
21) Philadelphia Eagles- LeSean McCoy, RB
22) Cleveland Browns- Clint Stintim, OLB
23) New England Patriots- James Laurinaitis, LB
24) Atlanta Falcons- Brian Cushing, LB
25) Miami Dolphins- Alex Mack, C
26) Cincinnati Bengals- Peria Jerry, DT
27) Indianapolis Colts- Duke Robinson, OG
28) Philadelphia Eagles- Hakeem Nicks, WR
29) New York Giants- Chris Wells, RB
30) Tennessee Titans- Max Unger, C
31) Arizona Cardinals- Louis Delmas, FS
32) Pittsburgh Steelers- William Beatty, OT

2nd Round

33) Denver Broncos- Clay Matthews, LB
34) Kansas City Chiefs- Lawrence Sidbury, DE
35) St. Louis Rams- Michael Johnson, DE
36) Minnesota Vikings- DJ Moore, CB
37) Seattle Seahawks- Derrius Heyward-Bay, WR
38) Baltimore Ravens- Alphonso Smith, CB
39) Jacksonville Jaguars- Percy Harvin, WR/RB
40) Oakland Raiders- Phil Loadholt, OT
41) Green Bay Packers- Larry English, OLB
42) Buffalo Bills- Eric Wood, C
43) San Francisco 49ers- Herman Johnson, OG
44) Miami Dolphins- Rashad Johnson, S
45) New York Giants- Kenny Britt, WR
46) Houston Texans- Patrick Chung, SS
47) New England Patriots- Coye Francies, CB
48) San Diego Chargers- Ron Brace, DT
49) Chicago Bears- Josh Freeman, QB
50) Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Evander Hood, DT
51) Dallas Cowboys- Jarron Gilbert, DT/DE
52) Philadelphia Eagles- Jarad Cook, TE
53) New York Jets- Paul Kruger, DE
54) Minnesota Vikings- Rhett Bomar, QB
55) Atlanta Falcons- Fili Moala, DT
56) Miami Dolphins- Connor Barwin, DE/OLB
57) Baltimore Ravens- Juaquin Iglesias, WR
58) New England Patriots- William Moore, S
59) Carolina Panthers- Robert Ayers, DE
60) New York Giants- Tyrone McKenzie, OLB
61) Indianapolis Colts- Sean Smith, S
62) Tennessee Titans- Darius Butler, CB
63) Arizona Cardinals-
64) Pittsburgh Steelers-

TimeKiller
02-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Beat me to it...

That's all but the last two picks. My favorites are:Cincinnati (even though you destroyed me moving up to get Jerry), Buffalo for sure, Jacksonville was decent, Chicago, NEW ENGLAND nice, Miami, and Tennessee.

Least favorites were: Indy, NewYork Jets, Dallas even though that was a tough card to pull

Ole Miss Texan
02-17-2009, 11:22 AM
I like how Seattle's (2nd place) turned out and really like Jacksonville's (1st place).

I'm not sold on Everrette Brown being the 4-3 DE for us, but I very well could have selected him at that spot too. Brown and Chung were excellent picks.

Remind me what happened with Baltimore.. did Cleveland or Cincinnati trade up? If so, that's a good draft with them having an extra 3rd rounder I presume?

Those players for New England should fit in perfectly, good fits for the team.

Blake
02-17-2009, 11:32 AM
I like how Seattle's (2nd place) turned out and really like Jacksonville's (1st place).

I'm not sold on Everrette Brown being the 4-3 DE for us, but I very well could have selected him at that spot too. Brown and Chung were excellent picks.

Remind me what happened with Baltimore.. did Cleveland or Cincinnati trade up? If so, that's a good draft with them having an extra 3rd rounder I presume?

Those players for New England should fit in perfectly, good fits for the team.

I drafted for the Jags since Ryan didnt show, so ill take props on your first place vote. :P

Cleveland (Me) traded up for Sintim and gave Minn a 4th and 6th. Cincy (imatexan) traded up for Jerry and gave Baltimore a 3rd.

Ole Miss Texan
02-17-2009, 11:50 AM
I drafted for the Jags since Ryan didnt show, so ill take props on your first place vote. :P

Cleveland (Me) traded up for Sintim and gave Minn a 4th and 6th. Cincy (imatexan) traded up for Jerry and gave Baltimore a 3rd.

Gotcha. Well, dang- nice selections for a team you weren't supposed to pick for!!

WolverineFan
02-17-2009, 12:25 PM
With the 63rd pick the Arizona Cardinals select Shonn Greene, RB from Iowa.

This is great value right here, IMO. I really thought that Greene would be long gone by now. I was originally going to trade up to get him, but he somehow fell to me all the way at the bottom of the 2nd round.

After taking a DB in the 1st I knew that I would need a RB in the 2nd round. Edge has 1 year left with the Cards maximum and Hightower & Arrington are not feature backs. With Greene the Cardinals now have a power RB who will move the pile on the goalline and who can carry the load at RB.

Even though I drafted late in this draft, #31, I am still very pleased with the results for the draft.

1st - Louis Delmas, FS
2nd - Shonn Greene, RB

Blake
02-17-2009, 01:43 PM
With the 63rd pick the Arizona Cardinals select Shonn Greene, RB from Iowa.

I love it. Shonn Greene would be a great 2nd or 3rd round pick in my opinion.

TexansSeminole
02-17-2009, 02:21 PM

I traded #26 overall and a late 4th rounder for a top 6 2nd round pick and a top 6 3rd round pick.

Which gave me two 2nd rounders and two 3rd rounders, one early and one late in both rounds.

Used two 2nd rounders on Alphonso Smith and Juaquin Iglesias. Would have targeted Victor Harris, CB VTech and Brian Robiskie, WR Ohio State in that order in the 3rd round.

I feel like I could have come up with Victor Harris with my first 3rd round pick which is the 6th in the 3rd round. That would have given the Ravens two corners for the future, hopefully anyway.

Blake
02-17-2009, 02:24 PM
D-Rek missed his first round pick, and hasnt been on here for 3 weeks the system says.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/avatars/steelers.gif

The Pittsburgh Steelers Select: Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri

TexansSeminole
02-17-2009, 02:25 PM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/avatars/steelers.gif

The Pittsburgh Steelers Select: Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri

That means the Steelers would have 3 good TEs. Miller, Spaeth, and now Coffman.

Spaeth is a good player that is often overlooked.

Blake
02-17-2009, 02:26 PM
This concludes the 2009 pre combine 2 round mock draft.

What did you like?

What did you dislike?

Who are you surprised to still see on the board?

Who went to early?

TexansSeminole
02-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Maybe we can all discuss players we would like to pick in the 3rd round anyways, not so much pick them but discuss them. It may help for the post-combine mock. It'd be great to get a tally of everyone's 1st and 2nd round picks + whatever picks they have left in the draft. Maybe we can have a discussion-vote of who's drafts we think went real well. I actually like most of these.

I personally am surprised Victor "Macho" Harris, CB Virginia Tech is still around. He is my #1 player on my board going into the 3rd round. He is a great all-around corner who may be more talented than Brandon Flowers of a year ago, who went at the top of the 2nd round.

Harris was also used alot on offense as VTech's receivers were almost all freshman last year outside of their TE Boone, who is also a very versatile player.

Blake
02-17-2009, 02:36 PM
That means the Steelers would have 3 good TEs. Miller, Spaeth, and now Coffman.

Spaeth is a good player that is often overlooked.

Ok. We can change it no problem?

What do you think about a big boy DE like Kyle Moore?

Or maybe Jonathan Luigs?

TexansSeminole
02-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Ok. We can change it no problem?

What do you think about a big boy DE like Kyle Moore?

Or maybe Jonathan Luigs?

I actually don't have any problem with the Coffman pick, I was just pointing out what it means for the team.

It's doubtful they would keep both Spaeth and Coffman however, so it may mean that the Steelers would cut Spaeth.

WolverineFan
02-17-2009, 02:48 PM
I personally am surprised Victor "Macho" Harris, CB Virginia Tech is still around. He is my #1 player on my board going into the 3rd round. He is a great all-around corner who may be more talented than Brandon Flowers of a year ago, who went at the top of the 2nd round.

Harris was also used alot on offense as VTech's receivers were almost all freshman last year outside of their TE Boone, who is also a very versatile player.

The reason Harris is still on the board, IMO, is because the CB class is so deep this year. With guys like Jenkings, Davis, Moore, etc. it is going to be really hard for Harris to climb up the draft boards.

Mari-OWNED!
02-17-2009, 03:15 PM
I thought a lot of people had some pretty solid drafts...

Detroit Lions
Jacksonville Jaguars
Green Bay Packers
Chicago Bears
New York Giants
Baltimore Ravens
Arizona Cardinals

Players that are still on the board that is a little surprising...

Victor Harris (Previously mentioned)
Derrick Williams (He's up there with the good wideouts)
Nate Davis (Davis > Bomar IMO)

Honoring Earl 34
02-17-2009, 03:16 PM
If the Lions drafted a QB with their 2nd pick instead of the 1st overall , would it save money ?

Specnatz
02-17-2009, 03:21 PM
I traded #26 overall and a late 4th rounder for a top 6 2nd round pick and a top 6 3rd round pick.

Which gave me two 2nd rounders and two 3rd rounders, one early and one late in both rounds.

Used two 2nd rounders on Alphonso Smith and Juaquin Iglesias. Would have targeted Victor Harris, CB VTech and Brian Robiskie, WR Ohio State in that order in the 3rd round.

I feel like I could have come up with Victor Harris with my first 3rd round pick which is the 6th in the 3rd round. That would have given the Ravens two corners for the future, hopefully anyway.

You can forget Robiskie because if he is there when the Bears select he is coming off the boards. Either that or a Guard.

Mari-OWNED!
02-17-2009, 03:22 PM
If the Lions drafted a QB with their 2nd pick instead of the 1st overall , would it save money ?

Yeah, there's a big difference between being drafted #1 overall and #12 overall as far as money goes. But in this situation, Aaron Curry's pockets will be filled with cash.

WolverineFan
02-17-2009, 03:26 PM

Technically yes. The QB they drafted @ #20 would be making 1/4 the amount of money as a QB picked #1, but whoever they chose with the #1 pick would be making some serious buck.

These days it doesn't really matter what position you play. If you go #1 you're going to get a ridiculous contract.

Ole Miss Texan
02-17-2009, 03:35 PM
I've been thinking about the Detroit question for a few days actually. The QB position carries a premium than most other positions. Financially, I think they would save more money by drafting QB #1 and then LT #20. The savings may be nominal and definitely not worth playing around with when trying to build a team.

Ole Miss Texan
02-17-2009, 03:39 PM
For Denver, I was targeting Terrence Taylor, NT from Michigan for my 3rd round pick. If he wasn't available I would try to find a good safety for them. There's no secret I was targeting 3-4 players in the front 7. Got the End and a LB. They need a NT which I thought Taylor could be groomed for. Outside of Raji I wasn't sure of one that could start right away. Dangerous having 66.7% of your DL as rookies anyways.

If Donald Brown was available, I'd take him in a heartbeat. I'm infatuated with that guy's play. I think I value him more than most other people though. Denver has had a slew of RB injuries and no real leader. Hillis is agreat option (great FB) b/c he's versatile and the new HC seems to like that. Having Hillis and Brown back there would make their offense unstoppable.

DiehardChris
02-17-2009, 03:43 PM
I would have gone TE or S for the Bills in round three. They have critical needs at DE and C, and I got Orakpo and Eric Wood without having to do any trading or losing picks.... so if there would have been a good S or TE prospect in the 3rd that wasn't a huge reach, I would have gone that way.

Blake
02-17-2009, 04:14 PM
With a big bad offensive lineman, and a new pass rusher I would have gone RB for the Browns in round 3. With Donald Brown, Andre Brown, Javon Ringer, James Davis, Jeremiah Johnson available, one would have slid to me.

jgl35
02-17-2009, 04:15 PM
In the third I would have taken Mike Mickens CB Cincinnati. S. Brown is 30 and J. Hanson is a nickle, not a starter. Mickens would sit and be coached up. Cincinnati is well scouted by the Eagles, giving them both Trent Cole and Celek with lower picks. Mickens is the leading intercpter in school history. A good spot to take him.

If Mickens was off the board I would have gone Tony Fiammetta FB Syracuse. A round or so too high,but in a 3 round draft you have to get someone who would help. The Eagles have no FB and that is a big problem in the short yardage game. They will take a FB in the draft somewhere this year.

Blake
02-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Don't forget the draft results can be seen here.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58239

rmartin65
02-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Nate Davis (Davis > Bomar IMO)

I went with Bomar because I think had he stayed at Oklahoma he would be a 1st round pick. He has pro size, and a pro arm.

Davis also played in the spread offense, and I have heard rumors of a learning disability. I do not know if that is official though.

Bomar felt like he had more potential.

Honoring Earl 34
02-17-2009, 06:52 PM
Back at the ranch .

http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?p=180590#post180590

bah007
02-17-2009, 07:01 PM
I went with Bomar because I think had he stayed at Oklahoma he would be a 1st round pick. He has pro size, and a pro arm.

Davis also played in the spread offense, and I have heard rumors of a learning disability. I do not know if that is official though.

Bomar felt like he had more potential.

I've seen this three or four times on this board this year written about Ball St. I don't know where y'all get it because I haven't seen it said anywhere else but here. It's not true. They run a pro style offense and probably about 70% (my estimate after having watched some of their games) of their plays come out of variations of the "I" formation. Just because a team gets back in the gun to pass occasionally doesn't mean they designed their offense around that formation.

Now, I have heard that he is not the brightest guy in the world, but I don't know about any learning disabilities.

rmartin65
02-17-2009, 07:11 PM
I've seen this three or four times on this board this year written about Ball St. I don't know where y'all get it because I haven't seen it said anywhere else but here. It's not true. They run a pro style offense and probably about 70% (my estimate after having watched some of their games) of their plays come out of variations of the "I" formation. Just because a team gets back in the gun to pass occasionally doesn't mean they designed their offense around that formation.

Now, I have heard that he is not the brightest guy in the world, but I don't know about any learning disabilities.

I only watched one game of theirs, but it was probably 70% spread. So I dont know. The learning disability part came from NFLDraftScout

mussop
02-17-2009, 09:44 PM

He does have a learning disability.

mussop
02-17-2009, 09:45 PM
The reason Harris is still on the board, IMO, is because the CB class is so deep this year. With guys like Jenkings, Davis, Moore, etc. it is going to be really hard for Harris to climb up the draft boards.

Harris is underrated IMO. The guy is a playmaker.

Blake
02-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Looking back I really like the

Pats (William Moore, Coye Fancies, James Laurinaitis)
Jags (Jason Smith, Percy Harvin)
Bills (Brian Orakpo, Eric Wood)
Seattle (Malcom Jenkins, DHB)
49ers simply because they got a franchise QB at #10.

The Pack had a good couple of picks as well.

Shaft75
02-18-2009, 12:48 PM
IMO the Panthers had the best draft.

JCTexan
02-18-2009, 07:41 PM
I like:

Seattle (first place IMO)
Green Bay (changing to 3-4. Got both their DT & OLB)
Jacksonville (Smith & Harvin could go sooner)
Buffalo (Orakpo & Wood are good picks)
Tampa Bay (Hood fits their defense & Maclin is a good pick for them)
Arizona (Delmas is the best safety & Greene is a good pick late 2nd)
Houston (I like both the Brown & Chung picks)

My only real dislike is the Jets, having picked a TE in the first last year.

Of course I won’t rank San Diego’s draft, but how does everyone else like it?

Blake
02-23-2009, 08:16 AM
Of course I won’t rank San Diego’s draft, but how does everyone else like it?

I think you did a fine job of trading down and getting SD a 2nd round pick since they dont have one to start with. I think it would have been better to go defense with first pick since Sproles got tagged, but I cant remember if that happened first or not.

I have a feeling the 2nd mock will have SD taking a linebacker.

Ole Miss Texan
02-23-2009, 09:58 AM
I know the Combine is far from over, but when are we picking teams / starting up?

Blake
02-23-2009, 03:15 PM
I know the Combine is far from over, but when are we picking teams / starting up?

The combine will be done this week and free agency starts soon. I think we can all agree that once the big name FA's are gone we can start forming the mock draft.

Ole Miss Texan
02-23-2009, 04:13 PM
The combine will be done this week and free agency starts soon. I think we can all agree that once the big name FA's are gone we can start forming the mock draft.

We might want to go ahead and pick teams so we have plenty of time researching their strengths and weaknesses and possible prospects for them. And watch their free agency moves. (ie get familiar with the teams so people aren't just copying other mocks out on the internet)

These mocks (especially "GM" type mocks) are fun for me because you get to learn so much more about a certain team. I enjoyed learning a lot about the Broncos. I'd like to do a different team next time if possible.

JCTexan
02-23-2009, 04:23 PM
I think you did a fine job of trading down and getting SD a 2nd round pick since they dont have one to start with. I think it would have been better to go defense with first pick since Sproles got tagged, but I cant remember if that happened first or not.

I have a feeling the 2nd mock will have SD taking a linebacker.

Sproles got tagged after I made the pick. I wouldn't have taken Moreno if I knew before the pick. I agree I probably should have taken a linebacker in this one... Both Cushing and Sintim would be good picks for SD.

gtexan02
02-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Is it too late to get in on the post-combine mock? I have never done one like this, but it looks like fun

Ole Miss Texan
02-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Is it too late to get in on the post-combine mock? I have never done one like this, but it looks like fun

I'll vouch for gtexan- He's got a good handle on the nfl and the draft!

WolverineFan
02-23-2009, 04:39 PM
I'll vouch for gtexan- He's got a good handle on the nfl and the draft!

Lol well he can't be worse than some of the people in the last mock so I welcome him as well!

Ole Miss Texan
02-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Lol well he can't be worse than some of the people in the last mock so I welcome him as well!

Haha, yea I was about to type, He'll actually show up for the draft!

The Pencil Neck
02-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Sproles got tagged after I made the pick. I wouldn't have taken Moreno if I knew before the pick. I agree I probably should have taken a linebacker in this one... Both Cushing and Sintim would be good picks for SD.

Same thing with me and the Giants. I picked up Beanie Wells before they had tagged Brandon Jacobs. That changes everything.

rmartin65
02-23-2009, 05:28 PM
I would be a fan of getting new teams as well, along with cutting some of the people that did not show up.

TexansSeminole
02-23-2009, 09:33 PM
I'd like to continue as the Ravens.

rmartin65
02-25-2009, 05:47 PM
When are we doing this thing? I am ready to go!

bah007
02-25-2009, 06:09 PM
When are we doing this thing? I am ready to go!

After FA signing begins?

Blake
02-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Man on man. Lets revisit this again. We will start when the top FA's are gone. There is no reason to draft before teams spend big money to fill big holes creating different draft needs.

Honoring Earl 34
02-25-2009, 08:11 PM
So how to the teams get chosen ? Maybe we could have a mock on who's doing the mock :).

I say this because things got a lot tighter , IMO , after the combine . I'll go again if y'all need someone but I've already had a chance and would let someone else go if they like .

steelbtexan
02-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Count me in

WolverineFan
02-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Count me in

I would say give it a week or so for the big name FA's to sign and then start it up again.

The Pencil Neck
02-25-2009, 08:37 PM
So how to the teams get chosen ? Maybe we could have a mock on who's doing the mock :).

I say this because things got a lot tighter , IMO , after the combine . I'll go again if y'all need someone but I've already had a chance and would let someone else go if they like .

I've offered to write a script to randomly assign teams. I just need a list of everyone who's in.

And you can trust me to really do it randomly.

Really.

Trust me.

EDIT: Actually, I could even put the script up on the internet so someone else, like whoever's moderating, could run it.

Honoring Earl 34
02-25-2009, 08:46 PM
I've offered to write a script to randomly assign teams. I just need a list of everyone who's in.

And you can trust me to really do it randomly.

Really.

Trust me.

EDIT: Actually, I could even put the script up on the internet so someone else, like whoever's moderating, could run it.

Trust me ... isn't that what Madoff said ?

Ole Miss Texan
02-25-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm down for whatever, not gonna bang one way or another. My only thought is that if we actually know what team we're going to be, we can be following that team's moves and getting to really learn about them before we actually draft. The actual Draft definitely should take place later on when a lot of the FA moves are completed.

DiehardChris
02-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Agree on waiting for some of the big FAs to fall off the board.

I'm excited about it. I'm enjoying doing all the mock draft stuff.

Specnatz
02-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Just an FYI, want in on the next one as well.

The Pencil Neck
02-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Personally, I'd like to assign teams as early as possible so we can take our time to do some research as well as follow the team's moves in free agency.

WolverineFan
02-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Personally, I'd like to assign teams as early as possible so we can take our time to do some research as well as follow the team's moves in free agency.

I agree.

rmartin65
02-25-2009, 11:14 PM

I like that too. Research good.

steelbtexan
02-25-2009, 11:28 PM

I agree

The Pencil Neck
02-26-2009, 01:26 AM
Well, should we have a signup?

The list I have so far is just:

The Pencil Neck
steelbtexan
rmartin65
WolverineFan
Specnatz
DiehardChris
Ole Miss Texan
TexansSeminole

Who else wants in? AND, should I let TexansSeminole keep the Ravens and just randomize the rest of us?

Mari-OWNED!
02-26-2009, 01:32 AM

The Pencil Neck
steelbtexan
rmartin65
WolverineFan
Specnatz
DiehardChris
Ole Miss Texan
TexansSeminole

Who else wants in? AND, should I let TexansSeminole keep the Ravens and just randomize the rest of us?

Don't forget about me! Also I'd like to keep the Seahawks like last time if that's possible. They're my 2nd team behind the Texans since I lived in Seattle for a little while. If not though, I'm not opposed to the randomization.

mussop
02-26-2009, 04:56 AM
Don't forget about me! Also I'd like to keep the Seahawks like last time if that's possible. They're my 2nd team behind the Texans since I lived in Seattle for a little while. If not though, I'm not opposed to the randomization.

Im in. I like Detroit if they are open. :chickendance:

gtexan02
02-26-2009, 08:50 AM
The Pencil Neck
steelbtexan
rmartin65
WolverineFan
Specnatz
DiehardChris
Ole Miss Texan
TexansSeminole
gtexan02

HOU-TEX
02-26-2009, 10:23 AM
In is HOU-TEX. :)

WolverineFan
02-26-2009, 10:50 AM
The Pencil Neck
steelbtexan
rmartin65
WolverineFan
Specnatz
DiehardChris
Ole Miss Texan
TexansSeminole
gtexan02

Don't forget about bah007 & super_mario and all those other guys that did a great job in the last mock.

Texan JBZ
02-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Add me in again!

WolverineFan
02-26-2009, 10:57 AM

The Pencil Neck
steelbtexan
rmartin65
WolverineFan
Specnatz
DiehardChris
Ole Miss Texan
TexansSeminole

For the guys that want a certain team I'm sorry, but I say just randomize everyone. Some people that were great in the last mock aren't on right now to claim a team so it would be unfair to them if they got a bad draw.

I say just get a full list and then randomize everyone.

Ole Miss Texan
02-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Don't forget about bah007 & super_mario and all those other guys that did a great job in the last mock.
:spit: Oh wait.... you weren't being sarcastic!?

LOL, only kidding! Just giving yall a hard time.

Ole Miss Texan
02-26-2009, 11:02 AM
For the guys that want a certain team I'm sorry, but I say just randomize everyone. Some people that were great in the last mock aren't on right now to claim a team so it would be unfair to them if they got a bad draw.

I say just get a full list and then randomize everyone.

That sounds fair... as I secretly hope for Chicago:)

It'd almost be like we were in the draft getting picked by a team. I can only imagine the anticipation of seeing who would pick you.

WolverineFan
02-26-2009, 11:06 AM
:spit: Oh wait.... you weren't being sarcastic!?

LOL, only kidding! Just giving yall a hard time.

LOL, hey we had a group of about 12-15 posters that did a great job in the last mock. We were on every day trying to keep the thing moving and get it done.

There was also about 5-6 others that somewhat participated, but as for the others I would rather they not be included in the next one. It's really aggravating that they signed up for the mock and then posted maybe twice on the entire 28 page thread.

BTW, I think Super_Mario said he would moderate the next draft if it was popular opinion for him to do so.

He said he would make a list of all the guys that did great in the last mock and then add to it so I don't know how "official" this list right here is.

WolverineFan
02-26-2009, 11:09 AM
That sounds fair... as I secretly hope for Chicago:)

It'd almost be like we were in the draft getting picked by a team. I can only imagine the anticipation of seeing who would pick you.

I'm pretty sure everybody and their mom wants to draft for Detroit seeing as how they have the most picks in the first 3 rounds (5) and they have the 1st overall pick. I know that would be my first choice. That's why we should just randomize everyone.

The Pencil Neck
02-26-2009, 11:12 AM
We are sitting at 15 right now. This is the list I've got so far:

The Pencil Neck
steelbtexan
rmartin65
WolverineFan
Specnatz
DiehardChris
Ole Miss Texan - Bears
TexansSeminole - Ravens
Mari-OWNED!
mussop - Detroit
gtexan02
HOU-TEX
bah007
super_mario
Texan_JBZ

I've noted the preferences above but so far the sentiment seems to be to randomize everyone.

TimeKiller
02-26-2009, 11:50 AM
I'd like to do another draft, hopefully a smoother one!

Any team will be fine for me if I can be a part of it again, just let me know!

WolverineFan
02-26-2009, 11:52 AM
We are sitting at 15 right now. This is the list I've got so far:

The Pencil Neck
steelbtexan
rmartin65
WolverineFan
Specnatz
DiehardChris
Ole Miss Texan - Bears
TexansSeminole - Ravens
Mari-OWNED!
mussop - Detroit
gtexan02
HOU-TEX
bah007
super_mario
Texan_JBZ

I've noted the preferences above but so far the sentiment seems to be to randomize everyone.

That would seem to be the fairest course of action since many competent members aren't here right now to claim a team.

Blake
02-26-2009, 01:23 PM
That would seem to be the fairest course of action since many competent members aren't here right now to claim a team.

Agreed. And the list forming is fine.

Add Honoring Earl 34, YoungTexanFan, Lork 88, jgl35, Kaiser Toro, JCTexan, BigBull17 please.

Kaiser Toro
02-26-2009, 01:24 PM

Count me in.

The Pencil Neck
02-26-2009, 01:42 PM

Add Honoring Earl 34, YoungTexanFan, Lork 88, jgl35, Kaiser Toro, JCTexan, BigBull17 please.

That brings us to 24.

Shaft75
02-26-2009, 02:16 PM
I would like to be apart of another mock. NO PANTHERS OR COWBOYS PLEASE!

WolverineFan
02-26-2009, 02:18 PM
I would like to be apart of another mock. NO PANTHERS OR COWBOYS PLEASE!

Ahh but Shaft you did so well . . :gun:

HOU-TEX
02-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Give Dread-Head the Cowboys........:backsout:

BigBull17
02-26-2009, 03:08 PM
I'll take a team, other than Cowboys or Panthers.

Goldensilence
02-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Count me in. I'll take any team.

Tailgate
02-26-2009, 03:27 PM
If there are any spots left I would love to give it a whirl...

Shaft75
02-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Ahh but Shaft you did so well . . :gun:

Thank you, thank you...:tiphat:

The Pencil Neck
02-26-2009, 04:07 PM
OK. I don't think anyone wants the Cowboys or the Panthers. We're sitting at 27 people right now.

I could take the Cowboys AND the Panthers and then randomize the rest. But we still need to get 4 more people so we don't have to give someone 2 teams.

jgl35
02-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Reporting in. Any team is fine with me.

TimeKiller
02-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Don't forget me!

The Pencil Neck
02-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Don't forget me!

Too late.

I already forgot you.

You're number 17.

The Pencil Neck
02-26-2009, 06:11 PM
I've written a script that takes two lists: a list of participants and a list of teams. It reads in both lists and then randomizes them. Then it assigns teams until it runs out of participants. It re-randomizes the participants and assigns the rest of the teams.

No biggie.

But I had a thought, I could force the Cowboys and Panthers to the end of the teams list. That would make it so that whoever had the Cowboys or Panthers would have two teams.

How does that sound to everyone?

And when do we want to put the cut-off for signing up? And do we want to put in some rules about people who don't make their picks to speed things up?

DiehardChris
02-26-2009, 06:37 PM
I've written a script that takes two lists: a list of participants and a list of teams. It reads in both lists and then randomizes them. Then it assigns teams until it runs out of participants. It re-randomizes the participants and assigns the rest of the teams.

No biggie.

But I had a thought, I could force the Cowboys and Panthers to the end of the teams list. That would make it so that whoever had the Cowboys or Panthers would have two teams.

How does that sound to everyone?

And when do we want to put the cut-off for signing up? And do we want to put in some rules about people who don't make their picks to speed things up?

I'm more concerned with us getting people who will commit to taking the mock seriously than I am with the teams and assigned order... that said I think randomizing is the most fair way to go. If there are people who would prefer Carolina/Dallas, give it to them straight out.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make the script, PN!

The Pencil Neck
02-26-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm more concerned with us getting people who will commit to taking the mock seriously than I am with the teams and assigned order... that said I think randomizing is the most fair way to go. If there are people who would prefer Carolina/Dallas, give it to them straight out.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make the script, PN!

Hey, no problem. It's what I do.

But, you're right. The big thing is getting people who're going to make picks in a timely manner. super_mario sending out reminders to everyone was pretty cool... even though I personally ignored them because I expected to make my picks. Getting a wishlist of 5 possible options when they're 4-5 picks away would help speed things up if people aren't going to be around.

But... some people were looking to deal and make trades and that was taking some time, too. We might want to make this a no-trade mock. There probably isn't any real chance that any trade we make is going to match reality anyway. I mean, who envisioned us trading back last year with the Ravens? And the year before, several of us had us trading back with the Niners and getting Staley, iirc.

Mari-OWNED!
02-26-2009, 06:59 PM
We might want to make this a no-trade mock.

I'll second this. I hate trading picks, it makes it way too unrealistic.

WolverineFan
02-26-2009, 08:42 PM
I'll second this. I hate trading picks, it makes it way too unrealistic.

I wouldn't say unrealistic, but people focus way too much on trading picks than drafting actual players.

rmartin65
02-26-2009, 09:36 PM
I like trades if they are done responsibly. I, for one, am not doing what I think the team will do. I will do what I think is best for the team, what I would do as GM.

DiehardChris
02-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Assuming this one has attentive participants, how many rounds are we shooting for?

The Pencil Neck
02-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Assuming this one has attentive participants, how many rounds are we shooting for?

I was looking forward to 3 in the last one.

But... do we want to have a fallback in case of inattentive participants? Pull the team away and give it to someone who picked in the previous round... if they want an extra team?

rmartin65
02-26-2009, 10:38 PM
I would like to go as far as possible, if people are participating. That would probably be around 3 rounds though...

Blake
02-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Mock will start one week after FA starts. So next Friday.

* No trades in this mock.

* 12 Hour Clock.

* We will go three rounds, and after that we can discuss going any further.

* Cowboys and Panthers will be doubled up on a random GM picked by PN's randomizer.

* I will do my best to bug people and notify them when they are coming up. Also GM's have the option of sending me their top 3 and I can proxy their pick.

Any objections?

rmartin65
02-26-2009, 11:58 PM
I am down with it.

The Pencil Neck
02-27-2009, 12:25 AM
It would help to get 3 more participants or I'll have to double 3 others.

Goldensilence
02-27-2009, 12:53 AM
Down for the rules. When will we be notified of teams so i can start researching.

steelbtexan
02-27-2009, 01:07 AM
Give me the Texans, I'm willing to take the heat or

Raiders, Cardinals

Let me know ASAP so I can start my research.

Trades are O.K. but there should not be any trades of players or any draft picks past the 4th rd.

If the board disagrees it's O.K. with me just, let me know so I can do reasearch of the draft value chart.

Thanks

Steel B

DiehardChris
02-27-2009, 01:12 AM

* 12 Hour Clock.

* Cowboys and Panthers will be doubled up on a random GM picked by PN's randomizer.

* I will do my best to bug people and notify them when they are coming up. Also GM's have the option of sending me their top 3 and I can proxy their pick.

Any objections?

What about teams? Are we going to randomize? I keep seeing people trying to call certain teams, but I'd like to know the ruling so I can get in line early if it's going to end up being first-come first-serve (which I don't think it should be).

JCTexan
02-27-2009, 01:26 AM

* 12 Hour Clock.

Any objections?

Sounds good. A 12 hour clock will speed things along nicely.

The Pencil Neck
02-27-2009, 01:30 AM
This is my current list

The Pencil Neck
steelbtexan
rmartin65
WolverineFan
Specnatz
DiehardChris
Ole Miss Texan
TexansSeminole - Ravens
Mari-OWNED!
mussop - Detroit
gtexan02
HOU-TEX
bah007
super_mario
Texan_JBZ
beerlover
TimeKiller
Honoring Earl 34
YoungTexanFan
Lork 88
jgl35
Kaiser Toro
JCTexan
BigBull17
Shaft75
Goldensilence
Tailgate

Super_Mario... tell me when to go and I'll generate the teams. We're just down 3 at this point. So 3 people will get doubled with "regular" teams and 2 people will get doubled with Carolina or Dallas.

The Pencil Neck
02-27-2009, 01:31 AM
What about teams? Are we going to randomize?

Based on Super_Mario's post, we're randomizing. I'm just waiting for the word.

DiehardChris
02-27-2009, 01:33 AM

LOL how did I miss that??? I even quoted him!

If Super_Mario had at least made the words in big red bold letters, I probably would have - oh.
:embarrass

The Pencil Neck
02-27-2009, 01:59 AM
LOL how did I miss that??? I even quoted him!

If Super_Mario had at least made the words in big red bold letters, I probably would have - oh.
:embarrass

It's OK. I know you're flustered because of the start of free agency. We all are.

You're just... um... more flustered.

DiehardChris
02-27-2009, 02:16 AM
It's OK. I know you're flustered because of the start of free agency. We all are.

You're just... um... more flustered.

LOL - you get rep for that if I'm able. hahahaha!

Blake
02-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Give me the Texans, I'm willing to take the heat or

Raiders, Cardinals

Let me know ASAP so I can start my research.

You will get a random team like everyone else. Also make sure you are here. You missed your first round pick last time.

Blake
02-27-2009, 08:12 AM

3......2......1...... execute.

WolverineFan
02-27-2009, 10:36 AM

Alright, let's roll!

The Pencil Neck
02-27-2009, 10:36 AM

Jets gtexan02
Texans Shaft75
Buccaneers TimeKiller
Dolphins Honoring Earl 34
Steelers Ole Miss Texan
Bears jgl35
Cardinals BigBull17
Patriots rmartin65
Browns HOU-TEX
Eagles Mari-OWNED!
Redskins steelbtexan
Bills TexansSeminole
Colts Texan_JBZ
Raiders Goldensilence
Saints The Pencil Neck
Giants Lork 88
Ravens DiehardChris
Chargers Tailgate
Broncos Kaiser Toro
Chiefs beerlover
Bengals mussop
Falcons JCTexan
Niners Specnatz
Rams WolverineFan
Lions super_mario
Packers bah007
Vikings YoungTexanFan
Seahawks gtexan02
Jaguars Shaft75
Titans TimeKiller
Cowboys Honoring Earl 34
Panthers Ole Miss Texan

Look over it and make sure I didn't miss anyone.

Mari-OWNED!
02-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Hell yeah! I'm content with the Iggles!

beerlover
02-27-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm proud to represent the Great Fans of Kansas City http://classickcgames.com/kansas-city-chiefs.jpg

TexansSeminole
02-27-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm cool with the Bills.

Ole Miss Texan
02-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Steelers...meh

Blake
02-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Look over it and make sure I didn't miss anyone.

The Texans and the Jags. Shaft75 made out like a bandit.

HOU-TEX
02-27-2009, 10:56 AM
The Brownies! I can dig it. :whip:

BTW, props to PN and Super Mario. Y'all hit'em up with some Rep if possible.

*edit: Gotta spread Rep around before giving it to SM again. Somebody hook them up

Specnatz
02-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Niners, Not one of the teams I know a lot about. Here is to figuring it out.

HOU-TEX
02-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Niners, Not one of the teams I know a lot about. Here is to figuring it out.

Heck yeah. IMO, the best part is doing the research for other team's needs.

The Pencil Neck
02-27-2009, 11:04 AM

Yeah, I saw that. I guess the gods of chance wanted to pay him back for having to deal with just the Panthers last time.

BigBull17
02-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Cards are do-able.

DiehardChris
02-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Ha, Ravens! That cuts my research in half, being that I don't even need to look at offense :D

rmartin65
02-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Ok, the Patriots... Nice. Super Bowl!

Honoring Earl 34
02-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Fins and Cowboys .

I'm gonna have to look at the rap sheets to scout for Dallas .

TimeKiller
02-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Titans and Bucs, fun!

If anyone else wants to step in before the draft I'll certainly hand over either.

Blake
02-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Titans and Bucs, fun!

If anyone else wants to step in before the draft I'll certainly hand over either.

You better make sure they will show up on draft day before you had one over.

:stooges:

WolverineFan
02-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Alright I can handle St. Louis.

Look at that lucky s.o.b Super Mario getting Detroit. Uhh it pays to be a mod lol jk.

Blake
02-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Alright I can handle St. Louis.

Look at that lucky s.o.b Super Mario getting Detroit. Uhh it pays to be a mod lol jk.

I guess I bid a few more dollars than anyone else. :P

Goldensilence
02-27-2009, 12:09 PM
I can deal with the Raiders. Got a lot of friends that are fans so I can pick their brains.

WolverineFan
02-27-2009, 12:17 PM
I guess I bid a few more dollars than anyone else. :P

Apparently because I know I hooked PN up big time and I still came out at #2 lol. No telling what you offered him to jump me. :bat:

gtexan02
02-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Steelers...meh

You got carolina too

Specnatz
02-27-2009, 12:40 PM
I can deal with the Raiders. Got a lot of friends that are fans so I can pick their brains.

So your going with the biggest knuckle head in the draft?

Ole Miss Texan
02-27-2009, 12:50 PM
You got carolina too

Oh son of a.... I didn't see that. :jumpsoffcliff:

Goldensilence
02-27-2009, 12:54 PM
So your going with the biggest knuckle head in the draft?

BKA?

Best Knucklehead Available?

Blake
02-27-2009, 12:55 PM
I expect the Lions to sign a QB to compete with Stanton so they can go defense with the #1 pick.

The Lions need so much help its not even funny.

PTS 32.3 (32nd)
YDS 404.4 (32nd)

PASS YDS 232.2 (27th)

RUSH YDS 172.1 (32nd)

Shaft75
02-27-2009, 01:11 PM

WOOOO HOOOOOOO!

My business will be hurting for a week, but oh well!

Blake
02-27-2009, 01:13 PM
HOU-TEX's Browns will probably be getting a 2nd from the Bucs for Winslow.

Shaft75
02-27-2009, 01:13 PM
BTW, if someone got left out I will give up the tarps. Just pm me.

jgl35
02-27-2009, 04:14 PM
D'Bears

Ole Miss Texan
02-27-2009, 04:17 PM
I've got two teams as well if there's an extra person that wants to contribute. Being only half interested doesn't cut it though. :)

The Pencil Neck
02-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Actually, Ole Miss or Shaft75, could I nab either the Cowboys or the Panthers from one of you guys? I hadn't realized the Saints don't have any draft picks in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

WolverineFan
02-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Actually, Ole Miss or Shaft75, could I nab either the Cowboys or the Panthers from one of you guys? I hadn't realized the Saints don't have any draft picks in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Well you could always trade back from #14 to pick up some extra picks. Then again that would be smart, so we would automatically have to fire you as the Saints GM. :doot:

rmartin65
02-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Well you could always trade back from #14 to pick up some extra picks. Then again that would be smart, so we would automatically have to fire you as the Saints GM. :doot:

We are not doing trades. I think it was decided that it would take too long.

steelbtexan
02-27-2009, 07:01 PM
You will get a random team like everyone else. Also make sure you are here. You missed your first round pick last time.

No I didn't, I had the Cowgirls & I picked Jarron Gilbert for them in the 2nd rd.

Washington is fine with me does anyone have a link to the old Hail Redskins site?

The random way is the best way.

I didn't realize that was the way we were going to get the team we were selecting.

Blake
02-27-2009, 07:18 PM
No I didn't, I had the Cowgirls & I picked Jarron Gilbert for them in the 2nd rd.

Washington is fine with me does anyone have a link to the old Hail Redskins site?

The random way is the best way.

I didn't realize that was the way we were going to get the team we were selecting.

Sorry. That was imatexan.

WolverineFan
02-27-2009, 09:10 PM
We are not doing trades. I think it was decided that it would take too long.

No trades is fine. Most people spend to much time trying to trade than actually picking players anyway. I see no problem with getting rid of it. That still sucks for the Saints GM though LOL.

JCTexan
02-28-2009, 01:58 AM
Falcons JCTexan

I guess I'm the Falcons... :)

rmartin65
02-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Holy smokes, 4 picks in the first 2 rounds... I better do well.

ObsiWan
02-28-2009, 08:23 PM

The Pencil Neck
steelbtexan
rmartin65
WolverineFan
Specnatz
DiehardChris
Ole Miss Texan
TexansSeminole

ummm... what are u guys doin'?

The Pencil Neck
02-28-2009, 08:26 PM

We're getting ready for the post Combine/post inital FA mock.

What are you doing?

Ole Miss Texan
03-01-2009, 01:06 AM

We're getting ready for the post Combine/post inital FA mock.

What are you doing?

We just finished up the pre-combine and post-combine mocks. We're making a list of who's interested in doing a post-draft mock to see who we think the teams picked. ;)

Specnatz
03-01-2009, 01:32 AM

I thought Jedis new what was going on without asking?

Blake
03-01-2009, 03:43 PM
FYI I am going to create a new thread when we are ready to start picking for the post combine mock and will sticky it.

I think I know who I am going to take but will wait until Friday to make sure all the big time FA's are gone.

This thread will possibly be closed.

Texan4Ever
03-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Shaft75 has agreed to let me take the Jags. If its okay with you guys I would like to join in on the mock.

The Pencil Neck
03-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Shaft75 has agreed to let me take the Jags. If its okay with you guys I would like to join in on the mock.

Welcome aboard.

:fans:

Shaft75
03-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Welcome aboard.

:fans:

I pm'd supermario. I probably would have had a crappy draft for the tarps on purpose. I think it might be better this way.

Btw, man will my draft picks change after grabbing smith, orlovsky and possibly a rb. I think the Texans will pick bpa in this one. I am looking forward to the critism of my picks too. I am picking for the home team. Man, that's some pressure!

Texan4Ever
03-02-2009, 12:38 AM
Is there a 12-hour draft time before we move on to the next team or do we wait untill the team that is on the clock picks? In the real NFL draft, I remember the Vikings got skipped over because there time expired before taking Bryant McKinne (I think).

The Pencil Neck
03-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Is there a 12-hour draft time before we move on to the next team or do we wait untill the team that is on the clock picks? In the real NFL draft, I remember the Vikings got skipped over because there time expired before taking Bryant McKinne (I think).

Well, we hope for people to make their picks before the time expires.

Super_Mario sometimes sends out an e-mail and asks for a list of guys you want to draft when your turn is coming up. That way, if you don't make your pick on time, he'll pick from the list you send him. For example, if there are two guys drafting before you, you can send a list of 3 alternatives and that way you'll get at least 1 guy you want.

But if you don't make your pick on time, the entire group will make the pick for you.

But, please, please, make your pick on time or even early.

Texan4Ever
03-02-2009, 01:08 AM
Ok, sounds good. I check TexansTalk like every minute so that won't be a problem.

Looking foward to an interesting mock draft...:shades:

mussop
03-02-2009, 08:51 AM
I got Cincinati??? :gun: REDEAL!!!!!!!! :foottap:

J/K I guess. Man of all 32 teams I get stuck with the one without any direction. Really, Detroit has less problems then they do. Man I have some work to do. :jogger:

The Pencil Neck
03-02-2009, 10:15 AM
I got Cincinati??? :gun: REDEAL!!!!!!!! :foottap:

J/K I guess. Man of all 32 teams I get stuck with the one without any direction. Really, Detroit has less problems then they do. Man I have some work to do. :jogger:

Hey, at least you have picks. I got stuck with the Saints and they've just got 1 pick in the 1st round and nothing in the later rounds. If this is a 3 round mock, I only get that one pick.

Blake
03-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Hey, at least you have picks. I got stuck with the Saints and they've just got 1 pick in the 1st round and nothing in the later rounds. If this is a 3 round mock, I only get that one pick.

Thats rought man. Better make it count! j/k

Maybe you can get someone to give you the cowgirls or panthers??? Honoring Earl 34 or Ole Miss Texan (Is a Dude) hah

The Pencil Neck
03-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Thats rought man. Better make it count! j/k

Maybe you can get someone to give you the cowgirls or panthers??? Honoring Earl 34 or Ole Miss Texan (Is a Dude) hah

I asked them if they'd give me one of those teams in this thread... and I was ignored.

Ole Miss Texan
03-02-2009, 03:08 PM
I asked them if they'd give me one of those teams in this thread... and I was ignored.

LOL sorry, I havn't really been paying attention to this thread and I've been busy today. You can have the Panthers if you'd like. :toast2:

I see Texan4Ever now has a team, nice!

Blake
03-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Awwww. Thanks Ole Miss. You are a Gentleman and a Scholar.

The Pencil Neck
03-02-2009, 03:43 PM
LOL sorry, I havn't really been paying attention to this thread and I've been busy today. You can have the Panthers if you'd like. :toast2:

I see Texan4Ever now has a team, nice!

Thanks, man. I appreciate this.

Ole Miss Texan
03-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Awwww. Thanks Ole Miss. You are a Gentleman and a Scholar.
I was invisioning a :friends: smilie. hahaha
Thanks, man. I appreciate this.
You bet. This should make the draft a little more fun/interesting for you!

Shaft75
03-03-2009, 09:14 AM
So when are we gonna start this thing?

Blake
03-03-2009, 09:22 AM
So when are we gonna start this thing?

Friday.

Blake
03-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Stafford, Smith, Curry. hmmmmmmm

Detroit needs to take a page out of the Miami offseason plans last year and get them a Chad Pennington.

Ole Miss Texan
03-03-2009, 12:45 PM

Detroit needs to take a page out of the Miami offseason plans last year and get them a Chad Pennington.

They shoulda traded for Sage.:brando:

Shaft75
03-03-2009, 12:50 PM

Curry has to be the guy. He's a one of kind player.

Why wouldn't the Lions make a strong push toward Jeff Garcia? Hell, why aren't they throwing cash at Kurt Warner?

Blake
03-03-2009, 01:19 PM

Why wouldn't the Lions make a strong push toward Jeff Garcia? Hell, why aren't they throwing cash at Kurt Warner?

One of a kind player? That's a little much.

I think Garcia would be a good stop gap QB that would allow them to go LT or LB instead of QB which would not pay immediate dividends.

BigBull17
03-03-2009, 01:48 PM

I agree on Curry. He is the best player in this draft. The QB's seem kinda blah, and thats alot of money for the best QB in an average at best class. OT is another position they should think long and hard about. Those guys never hurt.

Blake
03-03-2009, 03:15 PM
I agree on Curry. He is the best player in this draft. The QB's seem kinda blah, and thats alot of money for the best QB in an average at best class. OT is another position they should think long and hard about. Those guys never hurt.

Thats alot of money for any player they pick. Not just QB. Yall do understand that Curry is just as unknown as Stafford.

I think its also hard to bring in a OLB and make him the highest paid Linebacker in the league. That is normally reserved for pass rushing DE's, Tackles and QB's.

I really think that Monroe and Smith are the only players threatening Stafford of being the #1 pick. Curry is just about out of the running.

TimeKiller
03-03-2009, 03:27 PM
I think its also hard to bring in a OLB and make him the highest paid Linebacker in the league. That is normally reserved for pass rushing DE's, Tackles and QB's.

Doesn't that speak more to how ridiculous top 10 contracts are than how silly it is to make an OLB the high water mark?

Anway I can't pidgeonhole myself into only choosing certain positions because of money if I'm Detroit. They need help, like the best kind of help they can possibly get. Most likely, that's Curry.

Shaft75
03-03-2009, 04:03 PM
One of a kind player? That's a little much.

I think Garcia would be a good stop gap QB that would allow them to go LT or LB instead of QB which would not pay immediate dividends.

Have you seen the gamefilm on this guy? He is a beast and makes plays all over the field. He also explodes into his tackles, which almost makes him of elite status. Pair that with his combine workout and you got yourself the best defensive player in the draft. His ceiling is a little higher also, so imagine what he will look like after a couple of years of experience.

I would say he is a one of a kind, especially in a draft full of first round talent at LB.

Shaft75
03-03-2009, 04:05 PM
BTW, nice idea with the avatar SuperMario. I will follow suit. I think it should be a rule that if you are going to be in the mock, you have to show your team spirit.

Blake
03-03-2009, 09:02 PM
BTW, nice idea with the avatar SuperMario. I will follow suit. I think it should be a rule that if you are going to be in the mock, you have to show your team spirit.

Heck yeah. With the amount of research im doing on the Lions I feel like a Lions fan. Then I go home at night and take a cold shower to revive myself.

Texan4Ever
03-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Can't wait to get this started!!!

Jags are gonna walk out with the best draft...watch n' wait!

Shaft75
03-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Any thoughts on who the Texans should draft?

Aaron
03-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Is it too late for me to pick up a team???

bah007
03-04-2009, 02:24 PM

We are in a tough spot. It will really depend on who is on the board when we pick.

Blake
03-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Is it too late for me to pick up a team???

I think we are all full. Sorry dude.

Texan4Ever
03-04-2009, 02:36 PM

The Texans are in a tough spot (as mentioned). Many people are suggesting Clay Matthews, and even through I like what I see, I don't think he should go in the first round to the Texans. His lack of expierence as a starter is a major turn-off for me. Maybe in the 2nd or late late 1st but NOT at 15.

I am also looking at Tyrone McKenzie, 6'2" 235-Lbs OLB for the USF Bulls. Great, explosive player with a high football IQ. Led the Bulls in tackles for two consecutive seasons as well. I would love to take him in the 1st but I see that as a bit of a reach (however, not 15th overall).

I know Steve Slaton remembers him well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_967wudb-I&feature=related

I was also considering Tyson Jackson, but he has a HUGE bust potential if he isn't coached right from the get-go. I think the Texans will have to trade out of that spot to fill our needs because I don't see a 4-3 DE or OLB worthy of taking at 15 (Other then Mckenzie).

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=37330&SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=1149525&Q_SEASON=2008

Aaron
03-04-2009, 02:38 PM
I think we are all full. Sorry dude.

thanks...its cool. when is it starting???

Blake
03-04-2009, 02:40 PM

Since safety is our #1 need in my mind, a player like Delmas in the 2nd would be nice. Also a RB in the 4th would be preferred.

I know there are alot of people against Rey in the first round, but Kubiak has said that "you field the best 3 linebackers you have" regardless of what position they are supposed to play.

I think you go BPA, but a linebacker (Rey Maualuga), or a cornerback (Vontae Davis) would be a nice start.

You are in a tough spot my friend. I am actually glad I didnt get the Texans. Just get your thick skin ready.