PDA

View Full Version : Chris Johnson may be out of Pro Bowl

Tailgate
01-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Fisher said Johnson had a high ankle sprain, was scheduled for an MRI, would have been doubtful this week for the AFC Championship Game if the Titans advanced and may not be able to play in the Pro Bowl on Feb 8.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/0-7-390/Johnson-may-be-out-of-Pro-Bowl.html

Steve Slaton anyone?

Jackie Chiles
01-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Isn't LT the first alternate? I don't know what his injury status is exactly but I would not be surprised if he skipped out this year with that groin of his. Looks like Steve might get in after all.

GuerillaBlack
01-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Isn't LT the first alternate? I don't know what his injury status is exactly but I would not be surprised if he skipped out this year with that groin of his. Looks like Steve might get in after all.

I'd love this.

Tailgate
01-12-2009, 05:22 PM

Definitely a couple of hurdles starting with CJ.... but its looking like a good possibility early on.

Hervoyel
01-12-2009, 05:27 PM
I commented on this in the Ravens @ Titans game thread and I am genuinely sorry to hear this if it happens that way. Chris Johnson earned that trip to the Pro Bowl. I wouldn't mind if this scenario involved Ronnie Brown who I think has no business going over Slaton but that's not happening.

Tailgate
01-12-2009, 05:49 PM
I commented on this in the Ravens @ Titans game thread and I am genuinely sorry to hear this if it happens that way. Chris Johnson earned that trip to the Pro Bowl. I wouldn't mind if this scenario involved Ronnie Brown who I think has no business going over Slaton but that's not happening.

I wouldn't have any qualms with it considering he was a very legit candidate to begin with. Not anywhere near the gift VY got his rookie year.

Hervoyel
01-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Don't misunderstand me. I think Slaton deserved to go no matter what (It should have been Thomas Jones, Steve Slaton, and Chris Johnson in that order IMO) and so I'm not unhappy that Slaton would possibly get the nod if Johnson can't play. I'm just sorry for Chris Johnson because he earned it and would probably like to participate.

Texecutioner
01-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Don't misunderstand me. I think Slaton deserved to go no matter what (It should have been Thomas Jones, Steve Slaton, and Chris Johnson in that order IMO) and so I'm not unhappy that Slaton would possibly get the nod if Johnson can't play. I'm just sorry for Chris Johnson because he earned it and would probably like to participate.

Agreed. Johnson had a great season and he earned it. I would have put him slightly over Slaton any way. Brown making it was a travesty.

That is why I could care less about who makes the pro bowls because it is pretty much a joke now days with the voting. And no one plays any way. If Slaton gets in, then good for him. It just really doesn't matter to me.

GuerillaBlack
01-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Ronnie Brown only made it over one damn game (that New England game).

TexanSam
01-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Random question...is a player considered a Pro-Bowler if he's voted in but isn't able to participate in the game?

gtexan02
01-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Yup, I think so

infantrycak
01-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Random question...is a player considered a Pro-Bowler if he's voted in but isn't able to participate in the game?

Yes