PDA

View Full Version : AFC Championship - Ravens @ Steelers

Texan_Lee
01-12-2009, 07:36 AM
Well, here it comes... AFC Championship game between the Baltimore Ravens playing against the Pittsburgh Steelers... Who is going to make it to the Superbowl? :thinking:

BigWig
01-12-2009, 08:06 AM
I feel like the Steelers will take this one.

GlassHalfFull
01-12-2009, 08:10 AM
I feel like the Steelers will take this one.

The Ravens got pretty beat up Sat. playing the Titans. I think the Steelers will win also. I really don't know who I want to win, maybe the Ravens. But, I don't think it will happen.

Of course, my track record for picking the winners is pretty abysmal. This is probably good news for the Ravens.

Shaft75
01-12-2009, 08:11 AM
IMO this game is very evenly matched. The only thing that gives the edge to the Steelers is having a vet at qb, that has actually been to the big game and won it all.

Who knows though... This postseason has been crazy!

SheTexan
01-12-2009, 09:11 AM
Ravens!!! I hope so anyway, simply because I detest the Steelers!!

Would be nice to see the rookie beat out the vet also!

WesmanTexanfan
01-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Around week 13 I said to my Dad that the Steelers would win the Superbowl, Im going to stick to that.

Flaco will throw 1 interception, it will be crucial and lose the game.....

bah007
01-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Around week 13 I said to my Dad that the Steelers would win the Superbowl, Im going to stick to that.

Flaco will throw 1 interception, it will be crucial and lose the game.....

Right before the playoffs my Aunt asked me who was going to make it. She is a huge Manning fan, loves both of them.

I told her Steelers vs. Eagles. She wasn't too pleased with that.

To be honest, I would never have predicted the Cardinals to make it this far. It wasn't much of a stretch to pick them to beat the Falcons, but I didn't see them beating Carolina. Great job Delhomme...

Mr teX
01-12-2009, 10:52 AM
It's a pick em honestly. I wouldn't be surprised if either won. both can run the ball, both have defensive game breakers all over the field. Pitt seems like they have the edge, but these 2 are rivals & it's hard to beat the same team 3 times in a season.

Rothlisberger has shown a tendency to hold the ball too long in an effort to get the ball down field, many of those throws resulting in picks or sacks. i expect Baltimore to get at least 2 more extra possesions than they should get b/c of this with ed reed lurking & that will even out whatever offensive edge Pitt may have.

The only question with Balitmore is whether Flacco can keep playing error free football in the playoffs.....my guess is no.

Pittsburgh 17

Baltimore 9

pittbull3
01-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Ravens!!! I hope so anyway, simply because I detest the Steelers!!

Would be nice to see the rookie beat out the vet also!

Still haven't said why?....lol

STEELERS ALL THE WAY! Here comes #6 to my beloved city!:heart:

Come on' Texans, we have to catch up!!!!!!!!!:kingkong:

Dread-Head
01-12-2009, 12:31 PM
These are two great teams and there is a great deal of HATRED between the two. This game wioll be a slugfest and I personally can't wait. I've been saying the Steelers since mid-season and I'll stick with them.

Steelers = :trophy:X 5...I'm hoping that soon it'll be :trophy:X 6 because the three way tie between them, the 49ers and that Team from upstate...annoys me. Frisco made it to five first...let the Steelers get six first.

nunusguy
01-12-2009, 12:33 PM
The one game over the weekend that ended according to script was Chargers @ Steelers.
Maybe not so good for the Ravens ?

Yankee_In_TX
01-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Being raised in AFC North Country (but having lived down here long enough to not have to hate the Ravens or Steelers (Ravens being the Browns' Titans) - I am really excited for this match up.

I think these are very similar teams with talent, type of play, etc. I only hope the winner isn't so banged up they're a cupcake in the SB.

gtexan02
01-12-2009, 12:40 PM
After our week 1 matchup, I made a bet that the Steelers would win the superbowl. That being said, I live about 2 hours south of Baltimore, so I don't know who I want to win this game!

WWJD
01-12-2009, 01:09 PM
The Ravens.

bah007
01-12-2009, 01:30 PM
When is the last time two teams from the same division played in the conference championship game?

The Pencil Neck
01-12-2009, 01:58 PM
When is the last time two teams from the same division played in the conference championship game?

Titans vs. Jags in 99.

SheTexan
01-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Still haven't said why?....lol

STEELERS ALL THE WAY! Here comes #6 to my beloved city!:heart:

Come on' Texans, we have to catch up!!!!!!!!!:kingkong:

Just like pulling for the underdog, I guess. lol I have a feeling the rookie is gonna get taught a very HARD lesson in Pittsburg! Two nasty defenses duking it out. We'll see which QB falls first. :d:

axman40
01-12-2009, 06:42 PM
http://www.caglecartoons.com/images/preview/%7B9961d7f4-6e58-48b8-9212-2739d96568db%7D.gif