PDA

View Full Version : NFC Championship - Eagles @ Cardinals

Texan_Lee
01-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Well, here it comes... NFC Championship game between the Philadelphia Eagles playing against the Arizona Cardinals... Who is going to make it to the Superbowl? :thinking:

BigWig
01-12-2009, 09:06 AM
I am thinking the Eagles will win this one, however I do like the Cards, that was my HS team in Bellaire.

SheTexan
01-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Torn with this one. For my nieces sake, and the fact that the Cards have NEVER done much of anything, it might be nice to see them go all the way. On the other hand, I can't forget our resident Eagle fans who give our Texans support. SO for jgl and our lost boy Harryj, I would like to see the Eagles take it home. That would make a couple of our "oldtimers" on this board very happy, and I'm all for that!!:)

Either way, I'll be pulling for the NFC in the SB.

Texan_Bill
01-12-2009, 10:07 AM
I am thinking the Eagles will win this one, however I do like the Cards, that was my HS team in Bellaire.

Bellaire? BELLAIRE?? :bat:

Texan_Bill
01-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Torn with this one. For my nieces sake, and the fact that the Cards have NEVER done much of anything, it might be nice to see them go all the way. On the other hand, I can't forget our resident Eagle fans who give our Texans support. SO for jgl and our lost boy Harryj, I would like to see the Eagles take it home. That would make a couple of our "oldtimers" on this board very happy, and I'm all for that!!:)

Either way, I'll be pulling for the NFC in the SB.

It'd be nice if HarryJ would check in... Hope all is well with him.

SheTexan
01-12-2009, 10:22 AM
It'd be nice if HarryJ would check in... Hope all is well with him.

Last I heard he was doing ok, but, that's been a while back. I wish he would check in also. We'll have to get our resident snoop to track him down. GOOOOO MARCIE!!!:hacker:

WesmanTexanfan
01-12-2009, 10:24 AM

I just graduated in 05....

Go Cards!

I Believe in Kurt Warner.

Texan_Bill
01-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Last I heard he was doing ok, but, that's been a while back. I wish he would check in also. We'll have to get our resident snoop to track him down. GOOOOO MARCIE!!!:hacker:

Right... I think I had that same update. Marcie, get to snoopin'.

WesmanTexanfan
01-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Bellaire? BELLAIRE?? :bat:

Am i going to have to get involved here Bill?:foottap:

jaayteetx
01-12-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm actually making the drive from Albuquerque to Phoenix to attent this game with a friend of mine who is a die hard Cardinal fan. He actually is a season ticket holder for the Cardinals but didn't pick up the playoff option because they wanted all the money up front for any games that could be played in Phoenix. If the games weren't played, they would then apply the money to next years tickets. Kinda sucks, imo. All this took place around Christmas, in a weak economy. Way to go Cardinal ownership, good job alienating your fan base. Now, a lot of those tickets went to ticket brokers and I'm sure a lot of Philly fans. Anyway, back to the game. I'll be rooting for the Cards but I wouldn't mind seeing McNabb get a ring. Hopefully, next year, I'll be attending the AFC championship game.....in Houston!

GlassHalfFull
01-12-2009, 10:38 AM
LOL, here is a pic of my son playing in his Cardinal uniform - #60. We were very conflicted during the Astros playoffs when we were at a Cards football game, but rooting against the Cards on the radio.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc138/kdcoughlen/PICT0157.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc138/kdcoughlen/PICT0417.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc138/kdcoughlen/PICT0332.jpg

Brandon420tx
01-12-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm conflicted. I want the Cards to win and not win...

If they win and Edgerrin James play well, it will help his case for wanting to be a feature back somewhere. Which would make it harder to get him here as a mentor and backup to Slaton.

If they win, I can continue to watch Dansby to decide if I should get my hopes up that the Texans sign him or decide he wouldn't fit with the team.

But then, Brian Dawkins has been my favorate safety in the NFL for a while now and I want him to go and win the superbowl...

-sigh-

SheTexan
01-12-2009, 04:29 PM
I just got an e-mail from my niece in Phoenix, and Ariz is apparently going crazy over the Cards success. She said ticketmaster tickets sold out in 6mins, and people that waited in line at the Cards training facility, sold out in 28 mins. Fortunately she is a season ticket holder and they brought the playoff package. Merchandise is flying off the shelves and everyone is sooooo excited! I'm happy for the Cards, this is definitely a huge event for the franchise, as well as the State of Arizona.

She also sent me a pic of Kurt Warner, the HOTTEST QB in the NFL!! That dude redefines the word "SEXY," esp in a football uni!!:)

GuerillaBlack
01-12-2009, 04:48 PM
I just got an e-mail from my niece in Phoenix, and Ariz is apparently going crazy over the Cards success. She said ticketmaster tickets sold out in 6mins, and people that waited in line at the Cards training facility, sold out in 28 mins. Fortunately she is a season ticket holder and they brought the playoff package. Merchandise is flying off the shelves and everyone is sooooo excited! I'm happy for the Cards, this is definitely a huge event for the franchise, as well as the State of Arizona.

She also sent me a pic of Kurt Warner, the HOTTEST QB in the NFL!! That dude redefines the word "SEXY," esp in a football uni!!:)

What Houston will be like next season.

eriadoc
01-12-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm not a McNabb fan, and I am a Warner fan. It's about that simple for me.

Seņor Stan
01-12-2009, 04:59 PM

Brenda Warner....not so much

http://www.yardbarker.com/m/12353/xl/warner.jpg

jaayteetx
01-12-2009, 05:51 PM
What Houston will be like next season.

Nope, Houston wouldn't have had a problem selling out the first playoff game, like the Cards did against the Falcons. Its a johhny come lately kinda crowd, but, seeing the history of that team, can't say I blame em.

SheTexan
01-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Brenda Warner....not so much

http://www.yardbarker.com/m/12353/xl/warner.jpg

She needs to at least wear Cards colors!!!:) Hope she keeps him happy, cause I bet there's about a zillion cuties out there who would!

sakebomb
01-13-2009, 01:42 PM
I'll be cheering for the Cardinals. Our friends are from Arizona and are huge fans. They will be at the game for sure. As a former Wildcat I also gotta give love to Bertrand Berry from Humble. Go get em Bert!!!