PDA

View Full Version : Bud Adams Appreciation Thread

Hookem Horns
01-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Bud, I personally want to thank you for taking your curse with you to Nashville. For so many years we had our hopes dashed and our hearts broken in the postseason. Now instead of being crushed to tears we can now sit back and laugh.

We now have a new lease on life with a new organization. We feel the Texans are close and when they do start making the postseason we hope they will not underachieve, choke, and even be victimized by bad calls as your teams have always done over all these years.

Again, thanks for sparing us the heartache. In honor of you we will display a new header graphic on this board throughout the playoffs.

If any other fans want to share your kind thoughts, please do.

Brando
01-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Bud, I personally want to thank you for taking your curse with you to Nashville. For so many years we had our hopes dashed and our hearts broken in the postseason. Now instead of being crushed to tears we can now sit back and laugh.

We now have a new lease on life with a new organization. We feel the Texans are close and when they do start making the postseason we hope they will not underachieve, choke, and even be victimized by bad calls as your teams have always done over all these years.

Again, thanks for sparing us the heartache. In honor of you we will display a new header graphic on this board throughout the playoffs.

Well said, I even made a Bud Adams appreciation signature!

:smiliedance: :kingkong:

Giant Tiger
01-10-2009, 08:59 PM

The way they lost just seems fitting. The Ravens have a good team, but I would have been surprised if the Titans didn't make any mistakes today.

gwallaia
01-10-2009, 09:17 PM
You Suck Bud!!

You worthless piece of human filth!!!

Ha Ha Ha Titans Lose!!!!

I love it!

Showtime100
01-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Well said Hookem. That game was eerily Oileresque.

Thorn
01-11-2009, 02:10 AM
Now that both the Tits and Cowgirls are out of the playoffs, I can sit back, relax, and enjoy the games for what they are.

Dread-Head
01-11-2009, 02:23 AM
You Suck Bud!!

You worthless piece of human filth!!!

Ha Ha Ha Titans Lose!!!!

I love it!

Hold on just a damned minute pal! I'm offended. As a member of the human race I'm insulted that you would DARE insinuate that Bud Adams is one of us! But to be fair you're right he does suck and is worthless.

Wolf
01-11-2009, 02:27 AM
shouldn't this be the "Bud Adams depreciation thread"?

Showtime100
01-11-2009, 03:11 AM
shouldn't this be the "Bud Adams depreciation thread"?

I guess it depends on how you look at it. For example my feelings toward Bud haven't depreciated one bit since I first realized he was the devil in an ugly suit and I hated his very existence.

ATX
01-11-2009, 03:14 AM
Who is this Bud Adams figure everyone here speaks so kindly about? :)

euro-Texan
01-11-2009, 04:57 AM
I for one don't believe Bud Adams is the devil. I think they are very good friends who probably text each other all day long.

Mailman
01-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Well said Hookem. That game was eerily Oileresque.

Reminded me of the KC game when the Oilers had home field throughout and everyone penciled them in for the Super Bowl.

TexansFanatic
01-11-2009, 01:40 PM

This is precisely what I was thinking last night as I savored the sweet taste of revenge (served up really cold---tastes best that way).

And it occurred to me: if that piece of crap team had still been in Houston I would be devastated right now. I'd be losing sleep and avoiding the television and internet. But now, I can't get enough of the re-hash on ESPN and I can't wait to read my next Titan obituary online.

Thank you, Bud! Thank you for taking that crappy team and your poisonous ways out of Houston. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

IlliniJen
01-11-2009, 03:23 PM
I shall taunt Bud with a dancing Elmo.

:elmo:

Texan_Bill
01-12-2009, 07:36 AM
Reminded me of the KC game when the Oilers had home field throughout and everyone penciled them in for the Super Bowl.

That was the exact game I was thinking of whenever I was watching Saturday...!!!

BTW, Props to whoever changed the top of the page!! AWESOME!!

BigWig
01-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Great addition to the page but why do you have Captian Kirk choking next to Bud?:specnatz:

Hookem Horns
01-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Great addition to the page but why do you have Captian Kirk choking next to Bud?:specnatz:

It was the only "choking" graphic I found that worked.

SouthSideTexan
01-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah.... It looks like this was their Super bowl this year......and they lost it again! It does my heart well to see bud's franchise give the people of Appalachia more to agonize about. Titans Loss, With or with out teeth, Should I marry my sister or my cousin, or just stick with the uncle.....Ha Ha Ha. I have some sympathy cards to mail out today. Looks like my voodoo worked on the pies and the titans. :voodoo:

Specnatz
01-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Remember when all trolls and even Chris Johnson called our game against them our Super Bowl because we won. Well I guess the game against the Steelers was there Super Bowl.

gunny
02-03-2009, 12:58 AM
It's nice a loser franchise has something to celebrate.

You might get a public holiday IF you ever get over .500

Txn_in_Oki
02-03-2009, 08:01 AM

It's nice that it took you 3 weeks to figure out and comprehend this thread.

Did it take 3 weeks to read all the posts or just to spell out your response?

Texan_Bill
02-03-2009, 08:16 AM

You do realize that your franchise is under .500 over its existence, don't you??

Double Barrel
02-03-2009, 03:24 PM

5 decades of futility has put so many Lombardi trophies in your franchise's case, right? :loser

Shaft75
02-03-2009, 03:53 PM
You do realize that your franchise is under .500 over its existence, don't you??

TB don't waste your time with a poster named "gunny" with only four posts and shit for brains. He is what we expect the trolls from TN to be, "anonymous". Especially after such a HUUUUUUGE fail from his team.

gunny
02-03-2009, 05:07 PM
TB don't waste your time with a poster named "gunny" with only four posts and shit for brains. He is what we expect the trolls from TN to be, "anonymous". Especially after such a HUUUUUUGE fail from his team.

How can I be "anonymous" when you 'think' you know where I am?

Plus if you ever visited a Titans forum you'd know who I am.

But what I think is brilliant is that you base intellect level on the number of posts one person has. A marvellous example of thinking there, I'll 'troll' some more and maybe you'll start believing everything I say...I mean I'll have more posts by then.

As for huge fail, your 'franchise' is one huge fail. You can't even build a stadium to withstand a bit of wind, let alone win anything of significance...or win enough to get above .500

Double Barrel
02-03-2009, 05:10 PM
You can't even build a stadium to withstand a bit of wind,

So you just had to come back and show us that you are actually more ignorant than any of us thought, 'eh?

I suppose it's too much to ask for you know that a "hurricane" is not just a drink to get your sister-cousin drunk on Friday nights.

gunny
02-03-2009, 05:11 PM
5 decades of futility has put so many Lombardi trophies in your franchise's case, right? :loser

lol, I love that argument. You've got nothing on us. The city of Houston has won nothing, your 'franchise' has won nothing but you love pointing that out as if it is insulting?

gunny
02-03-2009, 05:12 PM

So is yours?

Yet we are still better and more successful then your joke of a 'franchise'.

Tell Bob to build a wind resistant stadium next time it falls over.

Revolution
02-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Now I might get hammered for this, but can we get a moratorium for a few days? Dude just lost his wife...

Double Barrel
02-03-2009, 05:14 PM
lol, I love that argument. You've got nothing on us. The city of Houston has won nothing, your 'franchise' has won nothing but you love pointing that out as if it is insulting?

Houston football fans were going to NFL playoff games before the league even knew your backwater state existed.

We were smart enough to realize that Slug Adams was an infection that would never let anything short of choke materialize for his franchise. We would rather have started from scratch than continue the Groundhog Day that is your franchise. How's that 13-3 record working out for you, btw?

Second Honeymoon
02-03-2009, 05:24 PM

Houston Rockets Back-To-Back World Champions

and we even got the MLS trophies from teh Dynamo....

...how many championships does your city have? oh that's right. ZERO.

face it, you bought a lemon. the titans have proven that they took the curse right along with them to Hicksville so sorry bro, your kinda hosed.

black, black, no tradebacks. you can keep 'em....so go back to tonguewrestling your sister and get bent.

Second Honeymoon
02-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Now I might get hammered for this, but can we get a moratorium for a few days? Dude just lost his wife...

most of this isn't about Bud or his wife...its about that accursed franchise of his and the toothless yokels that call themselves Titan fan.

I know Bud was a pretty devoted husband and they were married for a longtime, so much respect to their family and may Bud have strength during what would be a really hard time for anyone who had shared their life with someone for so long.

Texan_Bill
02-03-2009, 05:37 PM
So is yours?

Yet we are still better and more successful then your joke of a 'franchise'.

Tell Bob to build a wind resistant stadium next time it falls over.

Hmmm... first seven years that the Super Bowl existed your franchise winning % was: .355

You're right about the Stadium though, Bob should have selected a different Architect. Afterall, it was the same firm that designed and built that possum hole by the river that you call LP Field.

Honoring Earl 34
02-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Hmmm... first seven years that the Super Bowl existed your franchise winning % was: .355

You're right about the Stadium though, Bob should have selected a different Architect. Afterall, it was the same firm that designed and built that possum hole by the river that you call LP Field.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/publications/mccarthy/torn1998.htm

That was the description one man had at a nearby restaurant as a tornado caused damage to the construction of the Tennessee Titans' new stadium in downtown Nashville, TN area the afternoon of April 16th 1998 .

Just for history's sake .

Texan_Bill
02-03-2009, 05:48 PM
http://www.spc.noaa.gov/publications/mccarthy/torn1998.htm

Just for history's sake .

Awesome find Earl!!!

BTW, the Architecture firm was HOK Sport out of Kansas City who has probably designed about half of the stadiums in the NFL.

Wolf
02-03-2009, 07:06 PM
How can I be "anonymous" when you 'think' you know where I am?

Plus if you ever visited a Titans forum you'd know who I am.

But what I think is brilliant is that you base intellect level on the number of posts one person has. A marvellous example of thinking there, I'll 'troll' some more and maybe you'll start believing everything I say...I mean I'll have more posts by then.

As for huge fail, your 'franchise' is one huge fail. You can't even build a stadium to withstand a bit of wind, let alone win anything of significance...or win enough to get above .500

if that is the best smack Tennessee has to offer, I guess we better be like the NFL and with parity , we better start posting in one syllable words

Texan_Bill
02-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Compliments of Showtime100:

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Pet%20Funny%20Misc/er3losCtMCm8YC3lq0OKcg.jpg

From this thread: Photofunia (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58496)
DB gets credit for the find.

Shaft75
02-04-2009, 04:32 PM
gunny,

You make yourself look like less of an ass, the less you post. Better to remain anonymous over here. Thanks for keeping your post count low on this site.

Sincerely,
TexansTalk.com

PS. It was funny when HonoringEarl pointed out that Reliant & LP were built by the same company. Shows a little ignorance on your behalf...

TexansFanatic
02-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Watching gunny get PWN3D on this thread is like watching the Titans get bent over all over again. Beautiful.