PDA

View Full Version : Support Texans talk...

Dread-Head
01-03-2009, 10:21 AM
I've seen things on the site encouraging me to support Texan's Talk. I have to be honest I don't want to see this forum vanish. I enjoy coming here everyday to interact with you knuckleheads. I would like to contribute, but don't believe in credit cards and don't trust Pay Pal. Is there a physical address where I can send a money order or something?

Old School
01-03-2009, 11:04 AM
I've seen things on the site encouraging me to support Texan's Talk. I have to be honest I don't want to see this forum vanish. I enjoy coming here everyday to interact with you knuckleheads. I would like to contribute, but don't believe in credit cards and don't trust Pay Pal. Is there a physical address where I can send a money order or something?

Texans Talk
7805 Elkhorn Mountain Trail
Austin, Texas 78729

There is a thread in Graphics and tech talk about it. I have set up my bank "billpay" to send a 15 dollar check every three months. If we can get 74 more people to do that it would cover all the expenses. 75 people, 5 bucks a month....Doesn't sound like much does it? All I have to do is pry one Starbucks out of my wifes hand every month and it is covered.

Brando
01-03-2009, 11:19 AM
I'll be sending more money soon. I love this place.

drewmar74
01-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Texans Talk
7805 Elkhorn Mountain Trail
Austin, Texas 78729

There is a thread in Graphics and tech talk about it. I have set up my bank "billpay" to send a 15 dollar check every three months. If we can get 74 more people to do that it would cover all the expenses. 75 people, 5 bucks a month....Doesn't sound like much does it? All I have to do is pry one Starbucks out of my wifes hand every month and it is covered.

Hey, I didn't know we could do it that way. I can set it up to go out via BoA and not even have to think about it.

I pledge to send 5 a month for this year.

2 down, 73 to go.

Buffi2
01-03-2009, 01:18 PM
I can do that! I, too, love this site and would be crushed if it couldn't continue.

DiehardChris
01-03-2009, 01:41 PM
I can't afford a dime right now with the holidays and my own site expenses - but as soon as I get a month or so ahead, I'll be contributing (however small an amount) for sure.

I can't believe how much money it costs to keep this thing going. I'm happy to help when I can.

drewmar74
01-08-2009, 04:16 PM
I just set up my recurring payment plan....

Anyone else going to contribute?

Old School
01-08-2009, 04:25 PM
I just set up my recurring payment plan....

Anyone else going to contribute?
For some reason I was expecting a few more people to help out.:thinking:

drewmar74
01-08-2009, 05:01 PM

Moi aussi.

I've got a house note, a home that needs work, a stay at home wife, and two kids (one of which is still eating formula and wearing diapers) and even I can squeeze five bucks out of the old stone.

All it takes is drinking domestic beer instead of imports a couple times a month.

TexansLucky13
01-08-2009, 05:08 PM
The day I win the lottery, this message board will be running on space age supercomputers. I give my word.

False Start
01-08-2009, 05:34 PM
I plan on making another donation soon, I just have to recover from the Holidays. This joint is the spot, I rarely use the HT.com boards. Ive met some great people on here too. Good stuff. :fans:

stingray
01-08-2009, 07:17 PM
I just donated $20 bucks.

Texans_Chick
01-08-2009, 08:04 PM

I'm in. I just forgot to respond to this thread. :)

Farough
01-08-2009, 08:10 PM
If I wasn't an unemployed student I would donate.. As soon as I start work again in February I'm definately going to contribute

Txn_in_Oki
01-08-2009, 08:12 PM
If sending to the address via snail mail rather than online is there a preferred payment? Cash? Check? MO?

This is the only place to get my Texan fix so it needs to stick around awhile.

:fans:

edo783
01-08-2009, 08:22 PM
I have the site on automatic payment.

pittbull3
01-08-2009, 08:24 PM
What's the whole "support Texans Talk" thing about. Due to having to work quite often, I have not had the time to really dedicate to the site, like I used to. What's going on?

infantrycak
01-08-2009, 10:32 PM
What's the whole "support Texans Talk" thing about. Due to having to work quite often, I have not had the time to really dedicate to the site, like I used to. What's going on?

This is a private site hosted by Hookem at a significant expense. Folks contribute to off-set that cost and keep this community of Texans fans up and running.

michaelm
01-09-2009, 12:47 AM
I've contributed $10 or $20 here and there via Pay Pal, but will check into auto payment of $5 a month.
My wife does most of the banking, so I'll have to figure out how to set it up.

Showtime100
01-09-2009, 12:52 AM
I've contributed but am I due. I told Hookem I'd get one in before Christmas but two unexpected trips to NY threw our finances into "wait for the thunder" mode.

Autopay sounds like a good plan for me.

Old School
01-09-2009, 03:45 AM
....and two kids (one of which is still eating formula and wearing diapers)......

Ahhh, the good ol' days. Wait until they are 15 and you are paying for drivers ed, a car, insurance, designer clothes, softball gear and braces..aaarrrgggg!!:brickwall:
I got 3 kids and a wife in braces right now. That industry is a rip off!!

Old School
01-09-2009, 03:49 AM

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56966

This thread covers it best.