PDA

View Full Version : So we know that Steve Slaton led the AFC in total yds from scrimmage...

DiehardChris
01-02-2009, 10:01 PM
... but without cheating - can you name who was #2 in the AFC in total yards from scrimmage?

It's not LaDanian Tomlinson (he's 3rd)
It's not Thomas Jones (he's 4th)
It's not Chris Johnson (he's 5th)

It's........ Andre Johnson. He was #2 in the AFC in total yards from scrimmage, with 1575 yards receiving and zero yards rushing.

That's just almost unbelievable to me. Not because AJ's not capable of it, but because of how prolific our offense had to be for that to be the case.

Incredible - and not one single rushing yard.

Bow down, NFL. Bow down before your GOD, Andre Johnson.

Lucky
01-02-2009, 10:24 PM
It's........ Andre Johnson. He was #2 in the AFC in total yards from scrimmage...

...and not one single rushing yard.

Slacker.

gg no re
01-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Dre needs to step up his game and ask for more end arounds and reverses

GuerillaBlack
01-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Wowzers. Our offense is da bomb. We just need to work on that red zone. I say both players do better next season (Dre getting more TDs). **** a Randy Moss and his 23 TD season.

DiehardChris
01-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Wowzers. Our offense is da bomb. We just need to work on that red zone. I say both players do better next season (Dre getting more TDs). **** a Randy Moss and his 23 TD season.

If Kyle Shanahan is calling the plays next year, I bet AJ does have more TDs... I don't know why the fade wasn't called more for AJ... I heard somewhere that they called the fade for AJ twice in red zone situations this year - both plays resulted in touchdowns.

Don't know why we didn't call it a lot more. AJ has repeatedly demonstrated his ability to haul those in - even if he's not in the best position to catch it... he takes balls away from DBs all the time it seems.

hookinreds
01-02-2009, 11:33 PM
... but without cheating - can you name who was #2 in the AFC in total yards from scrimmage?

It's not LaDanian Tomlinson (he's 3rd)
It's not Thomas Jones (he's 4th)
It's not Chris Johnson (he's 5th)

It's........ Andre Johnson. He was #2 in the AFC in total yards from scrimmage, with 1575 yards receiving and zero yards rushing.

That's just almost unbelievable to me. Not because AJ's not capable of it, but because of how prolific our offense had to be for that to be the case.

Incredible - and not one single rushing yard.

Bow down, NFL. Bow down before your GOD, Andre Johnson.

He'll never make it, he's too one dimensional.

superdave532
01-03-2009, 02:23 AM
Please God give Andre Johnson a defense next year that he deserves, one that will stop oponents occasionally so that your favorite son can reach a win total that he deserves (19, for those of you who were unsure of what Andre Johnson deserves to get).

Specnatz
01-03-2009, 10:18 AM
If Kyle Shanahan is calling the plays next year, I bet AJ does have more TDs... I don't know why the fade wasn't called more for AJ... I heard somewhere that they called the fade for AJ twice in red zone situations this year - both plays resulted in touchdowns.

Don't know why we didn't call it a lot more. AJ has repeatedly demonstrated his ability to haul those in - even if he's not in the best position to catch it... he takes balls away from DBs all the time it seems.

There was another but it was the Tenn game and he dropped it. At least that is if memory serves me right.

infantrycak
01-03-2009, 11:58 AM
There was another but it was the Tenn game and he dropped it. At least that is if memory serves me right.

There were two endzone drops in the first TN game, plus a long 40 ish yarder as well.

Vinny
01-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Run n shoot like numbers...now only if we can score in the RZ better than the old RnS next season. Great find on the numbers DHC.