PDA

View Full Version : Somebody get Chris Johnson a pacifier

Errant Hothy
01-02-2009, 01:40 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/31/chris-johnson-calls-rookie-of-the-year-voting-bogus/

“[T]he whole thing is bogus,” Johnson said, according to Terry McCormick of the Nashville City Paper, ”because people are voting for it that are not on the same field as the people who are playing.

“I’m disappointed. I did all I could to win it. I feel I did the best. I feel I did all I could do to win it; it just didn’t come my way.”

Dude, you might have had a point; if you had lead all rookies in rushing yards.

I'm glad I don't see Slaton and Forte acting like this.

DiehardChris
01-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Wow. I have to say - after the way the Titan players cried after the loss to the Texans, this doesn't surprise me. It pretty much furthers the perception that the Titans have a lot of classless players.

I mean - it's FINE for him to say he doesn't agree - or even that he's mad about it... but to call the award bogus? That's totally classless.

Texan_Bill
01-02-2009, 01:45 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/31/chris-johnson-calls-rookie-of-the-year-voting-bogus/

Dude, you might have had a point; if you had lead all rookies in rushing yards.

I'm glad I don't see Slaton and Forte acting like this.

No doubt, Hoth!

infantrycak
01-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Now there is a punk who is going to be a problem for the Titans down the road on contract negotiations, something.

Let's see you were 3rd on total yards.
Did come in 1st on ypc but by .1 yards.
Tied for 1st for rushing TD's.
3rd on 1st downs rushing.
2nd, but way behind Slaton on big plays.
Way in 3rd spot on being a receiver.

As Schlereth said yesterday--time for CJ to come back from Narnia.

IMA TEXAN
01-02-2009, 09:46 PM
I mean - it's FINE for him to say he doesn't agree - or even that he's mad about it... but to call the award bogus? That's totally classless.
Classless but mostly ignorant. If the award is bogus why did he want to win it?

gg no re
01-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Matt Ryan inherited a slum. CJ inherited a fortress. I don't see why CJ is complaining.

mexican_texan
01-03-2009, 12:33 AM
If the players were voting, Clady would have won it.

Blazing Arrow
01-03-2009, 02:51 AM
I guess I am supposed to make a comment ... <--- there is was

michaelm
01-03-2009, 03:16 AM
I guess I am supposed to make a comment ... <--- there is was

I just read the "VY getting mauled on the Titans board" thread and saw how badly you got beat up, so I'm not surprised at all that "..." is your only comment.

b0ng
01-03-2009, 10:42 AM
This actually seems like a regular Titans player comment. Can't wait to hold him down next year.

Blazing Arrow
01-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Ah next season. The magical land where the Texans are good and playoff dreams dance in the heads of all fans.

You know some teams are still playing football right now right? Oh yeah next season :spit:

DBCooper
01-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Ah next season. The magical land where the Texans are good and playoff dreams dance in the heads of all fans.

You know some teams are still playing football right now right? Oh yeah next season :spit:

Let's see how hard CJ cries after your playoff exit.

Then you'll be talking next year with us.

Blazing Arrow
01-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Let's see how hard CJ cries after your playoff exit.

Then you'll be talking next year with us.

Talk to you in Feb then ...

Shaft75
01-03-2009, 04:22 PM

You have a lot of faith in a team that was blanked by the Colts and beaten by the lowly Texans and Jets.

The Titans are full of crybabies and dirty players, and karma's a *****. Ask the Cowboys about it...

The Crytans go home early this year!

infantrycak
01-03-2009, 05:10 PM
You have a lot of faith in a team that was blanked by the Colts and beaten by the lowly Texans and Jets.

The Titans beat the Colts the first time and finished the season 13-3.

DBCooper
01-04-2009, 11:46 AM

This message board is no place for logical thinking.

Shaft75
01-04-2009, 06:33 PM

Taking up for a rival team in the "rivalry forum" is just bad message board etiquette.

infantrycak
01-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Taking up for a rival team in the "rivalry forum" is just bad message board etiquette.

Well you can tell yourself that they went 0-16, but facts are facts. Carry on now.

Shaft75
01-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Well you can tell yourself that they went 0-16, but facts are facts. Carry on now.

my argument is still valid in a court of law

Shaft75
01-04-2009, 07:42 PM

Blazing Arrow
01-05-2009, 01:38 AM

Say it one more time and you might believe it. Now click your rubby slippers Dorthy. :smiliedance:

Silver Oak
01-05-2009, 07:54 AM
Say it one more time and you might believe it. Now click your rubby slippers Dorthy. :smiliedance:

the word is "ruby".

rubby is somethng...well, something you may like to do with yourself. :)

Shaft75
01-05-2009, 10:36 AM

It was a small mistake , but who wouldn't put it past a little troll like you to come in and start throwing zingers.

You still know that Chris Johnson and Finnegan are members of the 1st annual NFL's Hater's Ball...

HOU-TEX
01-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Sort of on topic: I saw Johnson in an interview for the first time while watching ECU's bowl game and must say, he doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed. Not only did he destroy the English language, his answers seemed clueless at best.

What the hell did he take in College? Underwater Basket Weaving? Good Lord!

mexican_texan
01-05-2009, 12:31 PM
So he's a young Edgerrin James. He's no worse than Marshawn Lynch, though...he looks like T-Pain in pads

Blazing Arrow
01-05-2009, 01:06 PM
It was a small mistake , but who wouldn't put it past a little troll like you to come in and start throwing zingers.

You still know that Chris Johnson and Finnegan are members of the 1st annual NFL's Hater's Ball...

I was bored and Cotls fans did not want to play.

You know you would love a corner who plays with the passion Finni plays with. Go ahead you can admit it.

Brando
01-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Sort of on topic: I saw Johnson in an interview for the first time while watching ECU's bowl game and must say, he doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed. Not only did he destroy the English language, his answers seemed clueless at best.

They have the Dumb and Dumber thing going in Tennessee. CJ and VY, I wouldn't want to try and follow that conversation.

TimeKiller
01-05-2009, 01:13 PM
like D-rob?

Johnson < Slaton

Texan_Bill
01-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Is this big enough for Chris Johnson??

http://ephemerist.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/baby_pacifier.gif

DiehardChris
01-05-2009, 03:50 PM
I was bored and Cotls fans did not want to play.

You know you would love a corner who plays with the passion Finni plays with. Go ahead you can admit it.

Er, we already have a corner who plays with the passion Finnegan plays with - minus all the stupid penalties that come along with him. His name is Dunta Robinson. He's a better tackler than Finnegan, and he's even more physical.

Finnegan has better speed and cover skills at this point, though.

Blazing Arrow
01-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Er, we already have a corner who plays with the passion Finnegan plays with - minus all the stupid penalties that come along with him. His name is Dunta Robinson. He's a better tackler than Finnegan, and he's even more physical.

Finnegan has better speed and cover skills at this point, though.

I was not knocking Robinson; I think he is a great player but if you had Finni on the other side I doubt anyone would complain. I would also argue who is more physical. Finnegan gets in most of his trouble and pisses off WR because of his physical play. Wayne was off of his game in our first matchup vs. the Colts mainly because of Finnegan being rough at the line.

Austrian
01-05-2009, 06:07 PM

No he actually majored in communications. :spit:

DBCooper
01-10-2009, 11:39 PM

Flaming Sparrow,

Looks like the Texans won as many playoff games this year as the Titans did.

See you next year.

Specnatz
01-10-2009, 11:43 PM

I think my computer is messed up because I would swear it is January. I guess he meant that he is not coming back to this board until February.

Brando
01-11-2009, 08:51 AM

Yeah the Giants,Eagles,Steelers,Chargers,Cardinals, and Ravens.

:heh:

Old School
01-11-2009, 09:40 AM
Ah next season. The magical land where the Titans are good and playoff dreams dance in the heads of all fans.

I fixed it for you. How is that magical land looking now?

Silver Oak
01-11-2009, 10:43 AM
I don't think BA has shown up for his portion of crow yet.

gwallaia
01-11-2009, 10:47 AM

He's curled up in the fetal position sucking his thumb like all the other Titan fans right now. Give him a few months to get over it and he will back with all kinds of witty retorts and jabs.

GuerillaBlack
01-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Yeah the Giants, Eagles, Steelers, Chargers, Cardinals, and Ravens.

:heh:

For extra emphasis.

FILO_girl
01-11-2009, 11:11 AM
I went over to the TOMB (how fitting today!) and none of the regulars have shown up.

Must be a hell of a baby blue hangover. :wild:

b0ng
01-11-2009, 11:20 AM
I went over to the TOMB (how fitting today!) and none of the regulars have shown up.

Surprise Factor : -2

b0ng
01-11-2009, 11:29 AM
TOMB hilariousness (http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43319)

I love watching Titans fans bitching about cheapshots! It has a disgusting little irony to it.

gwallaia
01-11-2009, 11:45 AM
TOMB hilariousness (http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43319)

I love watching Titans fans bitching about cheapshots! It has a disgusting little irony to it.

Yeah, Albert Hanyesworth would be a perfect fit in Baltimore.

TEXANRED
01-11-2009, 11:57 AM
They act like a bunch of 5 year olds. I mean we are bad but this comment here is hilarious:

If a moderator comes in here and sees you stiring up ****, you will be kicked off. . . And FYI, the whistle WAS blown! I recorded the game on my DVR.

When all the other guy said was this:

No whistle, play is alive. Stop exaggerating it. CJ continued to play after that, it was on a following play he was injured.

whaa whaa whaa, I am telling my daddy on you when he gets home! Whaa whaa whaa. Don't you come over here bringing your truths and your facts and the what not.

Is the Mod over there a Commy or something? I keep seeing people tell other people the mod is going to kick them off. Which has been pretty consistent with the things I have heard throughout the years of that site.

But I guess you shouldn't force your single branched families to think to long and hard about opposing views. Might make there nose bleed.

Texan_Bill
01-12-2009, 08:51 AM
But I guess you shouldn't force your single branched families to think to long and hard about opposing views. Might make there nose bleed.

:spit: Rep.